Wardrobe Malfunction

Printer-friendly version
Wardrobe Malfunction

“Say Uncle!” The side of my face was pressed against the dirt of the sand box. Billy’s thumb dug into my wrists. The pressure sending the sharp pain radiating up my arm through my elbow. I shrieked like a wounded animal. “That’s not ‘Uncle’… If you want me to let go… All you have to say is ‘Uncle’.” Rex taunts me as he plants his knee in to my back.

“Rex, Billy, you let Brett go this instant!” One of the teachers comes to my aid.

“Oh come on! Ms. Fulton, we were just playing.” Rex moans as Billy releases his grip on my wrist.

“How many time have I told you three no fighting!” Ms. Fulton admonishes the three of us. I’m wiping the sand from my face and my hair. “Brett, are you alright?”

“Yes Ms. Fulton, we were just playing.” I say stoically as I rub my wrist to soothe the pain.

“Brett come with me. Rex, Billy you two sit on the bench and I don’t want to hear a ‘peep’ out of either of you.” Her stern command send the pair scampering off to the bench under the olive tree.

“Why me?” I ask while looking at Rex and Billy who now are sitting on the bench wondering what punishment awaits them.

“Because I expect more out of you than those two. You’re one of my best students and you shouldn’t be hanging around the like of those two.”

“We were just playing around. I’m not allowed to have fun?” My voice getting more excited. Ms. Fulton’s eyes narrow.

“You allowed to have fun, but your not allowed to get into fights. Especially with those two!” Her angry look has me clamming up. “Come on lets get you cleaned up.” The exasperation is apparent in her voice. She marches me over to the sink, snags a couple of paper towels from the dispenser. Wets them and and drags the chilled paper towels across my cheek then my over to my mouth washing the sand from my face. She looks down at me and sighs. “You’ve ripped your pants. When did that happen?”

“Oh, I don’t know. I didn’t notice it.” I look down at the hole in the knee of my jeans. “They tear so easily.”

“Go to the nurse she’s probably got a spare change of clothes for you. You certainly can’t go back to class in ripped jeans.”

Mom is going to kill me. I drag myself to the nurses office. I walk in, Nurse Robins looks over at me. Before she gets a word out I announce. “Ms. Fulton told me to come here for a change of clothes.” She looks me up an down and gives me the same frustrated look that Ms. Fulton gave me.

She goes to her closet. Pulls out a blouse and skirt which are hanging and covered in plastic. Oh, Hell no! I give her a look. “It’s all I have that will fit you.” She says with a smile.

“Why can’t I just wear the jeans?”

“Because they’re ripped and you can’t walk around all day with jeans that have hole in them.”

“And that’s better?” Pointing at the skirt and blouse. “They’re all going to make fun of me!”

“No they’re not. I promise. And I don’t have a lot of time, so either put it on or I’ll call your parents to come pick you up.”

“That’s not fair!”

“Well you should be more careful with your clothes.”

“Look it won’t be that bad.” She smiles at me happily. I frown.

I pull off my jeans and tug on the skirt. The elastic keeps it on my waist. The hem of the skirt barely reaches me the tops of knees. “The blouse too.” She says.

“Why?”

‘It’s goes with the outfit” she’s taking some sick twisted pleasure in all this.

“How do girls walk around in these stupid things.”

“Oh we manage. It’s pretty and it looks nice on you.”

I shake my head. “Now head off to class. Or did you want me to call your parents instead.” I shake my head no. “Now scoot… Oh! did you want me to do something with your hair?” I run out the door, leaving her standing there giggling.

The walk back to class is an agonizing one. Stupid skirt. Stupid blouse. Why did I have to wear the top anyway. My shirt was fine. I walk back into the classroom. Ms. Fulton looks at me smiles. “Just take your seat.” I notice that my seat next to Rex is taken his eyes are as big as saucers. I look up at Ms. Fulton puzzled. “I moved your seat. You obviously need to be away from those two.” My eyes shift towards the open seat next to Mary. “Well come on sit down… We can’t just having you give a little fashion show to the class. I mockingly give a twirls and a curtsey. The class laughs. Ms. Fulton trying to contain her laughter. Her stern face breaks. “Alright just sit down.” She relents with a chuckle. I walk over to the seat next to Mary.

“I like your skirt, it’s pretty.” Mary whispers to me. I can’t believe this. I’m going to be in so much trouble when I get home. Not only for the ripped jeans, but for the skirt as well. I'm never going to live this down. Connie on the other side of me says “I knew it was only a matter of time before you were back to being a girly girl.” She smirks. It's begun already.

The cold hard chair touches my bum and I squeal.

“Is there something wrong, young lady?” Ms. Fulton eyes me.

Stupid skirt. Stupid, stupid skirt. “No, Ms. Fulton.”

“Good lets’ continue class.”

up
312 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A Bru-worthy story

And I mean that in the best possible way. Excellent setup for the punchline.

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

Another Round?

Daphne Xu's picture

So Brett is going to go through another round of petticoat punishment, then?

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

More like Tomboy

I read it that "Brett" is AFAB, but is going through a tomboy phase. It would also explain the "I expect more from you." Note that until the very end, there is nothing that indicates Brett's gender.

Nicely done

Forgot to say: nicely done. (And, no, I don't think it needs a sequel. It stands very well on its own.)

I agree

erin's picture

It is complete with a beginning, middle and end. A different story with a similar setup could be told but this one ends where it should. Well done.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Pardon my ignorance

Sorry, but what does AFAB stand for? So many new terms and classifications I can't keep up. :-(


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

AFAB

Assigned Female At Birth

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

huh?

AFAB??? I've been transgender and/or in the transgender community since 1981 and I've never heard anyone referred to with that acronym. What's it mean?

Back to being a girly...

...sounds like there's a past as well as a future. I like the start of the story. I do hope future chapters can be at least twice as long.

Seeing comments above mine, I accept the story might be complete. I always believe the writer is the one to decide that. It is a very good story.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Loved it

Loved it

Great Story and wonderful ending

SamanthaAnn

A perfect illustration...

... that there is much more to the trans spectrum than changing sex! I loved it.

there has to be...

There has to be more to this story. I feel there's more to Brett and being one of the girls so to speak.

Wolf_0.jpg