Shadowsblade: Dead ringer part 1

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

In this chapter...Change

This is the chapter some of you have been waiting for! But it's in three parts to keep it easier to read

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


~o~O~o~

Monday March 26, 6:05 am
Poe cottage

With Monday's dawn, I helped Nikki down the hallway to the showers and she seems to be feeling better emotionally today. Maybe it was that little jaunt to San Francisco or the lessons on Elvin mother's songs? But I hope it keeps up and she can deal with the coming day.

After I am done with my showering up for the day and busy brushing my teeth or 'fangs'. A very ecstatic Billie comes bouncing into the showers and right beside her, is an equally happy Jade.

Billie spots me busy at a mirror brushing my teeth, she leans over into it and makes funny faces at me, "I think your fangs are even longer than mine!" she grins to me.

"I am sure they are and I use them!" I laugh to her and then make a playful bite at her face.

"But Ro?...was that you and Nikki singing last night?"

"Yep...did it wake you? I am so sorry if it did."

"Naww at first it bugged me, then I fell right asleep and I slept like a rock, I loved it!"

Jade jumps into our chat from her getting her shower readied, "Me too, I slept like a baby!"

"I heard it too!" Rip adds in with her just entering the room, "What was that song Ro?" she questions now.

"It was a song Elvin mothers sang to their children...a lullaby most would call it?" I grin back to her.

"Well I guess it worked on the whole floor. We all slept great, maybe next time we need to sleep this good...I'll call ya!" Jade smiles to me.

"My pleasure! Just I never thought it would make the whole building fall asleep? I have to wonder if two elves like me and Nikki did that, or was it the song itself?"

Toni finally enters the door and starts making sure Nikki is on track for the day, but overhears the conversation and adds a new vote herself "I don't care what it was! It felt great and I am sure no one would be mad if it happened again?"

Most of the girls in the room nod back to me agreement. "Okay I guess I will take that as a unanimous...yes and we might do that again!" That thought made me very happy, I had helped out the rest of the cottage floor, with my helping Nikki out last night!

~o~O~o~

Monday March 26, 12:05 am
Kirby hall

Most of my magic class lab mates are walking with me, as we all head toward Crystal hall for lunch. Most of that short walking trip is spent discussing the group lab project for this term and we had finally chosen a 'potion' for it. Something we all could do, as I was still barred from making magic items for grades, by Grimes and Circe for now.

As we all stroll past Dunn hall, a stabbing pain starts right behind my eyeballs and Gaea it's a bad one. This headache is the worst I have felt since my change, it throbs harder and so much so, I just have to stop and sit down on one of the short walls.

After I waver and have to sit, Gwen and Rhia both stop with me. Gwen studies closer me as I rub my face and head from that pain, "What's up with you Ro?" she questions me.

"I have no idea Gwen? My head hurts like mad!" I said back to her, now clenching my teeth.

"You good to go on, or should I call the medics for you?"

"Naaaww I am good!" I say back to her as I stand up again.

"You sure that this is not someone being funny?" Rhia asks me, then scans the area quickly for any danger.

Gwen spins her head and checks the area around us as well, as she growls out, "Better not be, this is a bad week to try hurting another ELF!" she warns the students passing by with a small bark of her anger.

As the pain lightens a bit more, I start walking slowly toward Crystal hall and that waiting lunch "Hey I feel a little better now, lets go eat?"

"Okay?" Gwen looks me over, "But if you feel any more pain, we all go to Doyle and see the Doc?"

"Fine, I can do that."

As we get seated at Crystal and start eating. We all see a still sad Nikki being lead by Toni to the table next to us and all of us move over to the far end of the table to be near her for support.

As we get back to eating and chatting. Gwen brings up my little issue "Hey Nikki, Ro is having a headache, Should she go see the Doc?"

"Not sure? If it's bad, I would certainly go! As Aung," She almost cries to us, "She...she never said anything about Drows getting sick or anything to me?"

Toni chirps in next, "Maybe it's that time of the month for Ro?" and she reaches into her bag, "I have some Midol here if it is?"

I have to stare at Toni now, "Ahhh Toni? Us Drow don't have that issue!"

"WHAT!" she shrieks at me.

"We just don't, it would be a bad issue to have that happen to us while we are trying to sneak about." I state flatly hoping she gets it!

"What, you don't get the monthly curse at all!" she nearly shouts at the table and now all eyes are on me.

"Yes, think about it please? Your are trying hard to sneak past someone who can smell better than any dog ever born and that happens" I whisper to her.

Gwen gasps as she gets it, "Noooooo!" then bonks her own head on the table, trying to banish the thoughts.

"What I don't get it?" Toni says to her.

Gwen whispers into her ear and Toni's eyes go wide when she thinks about it "Ohhh the smell?"

The whole table gasps out and stares at her now.

My head falls to the table, as I mumble "Yes, then tell the whole school why don't CHA! I am sure the students in Mr. Ito's class did not hear ya just now?"

"But what do...Drow 'do'?" Toni asks on, more than determined to embarrass us all today!

I just have to shake my head to her, as I say flatly back to her, "Luckily, us Drow can nearly 'will' ourselves pregnant."

"You mean you choose?"

"Yes! And now you can go tell Doc Tenent, as I am sure she does not know that?" I jest back to her and her suddenly being so darn dense!

~o~O~o~

Wednesday March 28, 10:55 am
Laird hall

I had a slight headache during my magic class again this morning with Nikki and Sir Wallace that we held outside for instructing reasons. Why I have no idea, it just seems to come and go? Most of the time, it seems to only happen when I am not meditating or in the Grove? I have to wonder why it never happens out there at all, is it the Grove's being almost in a separate dimension?

With that headache of the last hour fading fast, I get ready for my martial arts class and run out to the mat to find a spot to kneel at. As the hour chime goes off in the building, Sensei Ito comes out of his office and walks over to us all.

"Class we are doing match-ups today, would Lancer and Counterpoint take the mat and be ready?"

The match between them is a long one, as both use various power sets and Counterpoint is a power mimic. So he has a real mixed bag of changing powers to defeat. At the end he wins, but as he kneels down he scowls at my rooting for Hank for some reason?

After they both kneel and the class settles down Ito barks at us all "Phase and Shadowsblade next!"

I leap to my feet and run to the mat's circle. Ayla is not far behind me. As we both face off, Ito tells us the rules for the match "Both of you, this a cage match. First one placed in a cage is the loser and you can use all powers. Save magic and lethal weapons!"

"Understood Sensei Ito," I bark out.

"Yes Sensei," Ayla adds next

"Hajime." Ito yells at both of us.

I instantly go for a leg sweep and miss! I missed only because Ayla went light and lifted of the floor. So I spin a high kick at her and it surprises her when she feels it! She spins off into the air, via the inertia I just gave her and she yells out to me from the pain.

"Ohhhch, your darn armor has Mithril in it!"

"Of course it does, what good magic armor would not have a thin liner of it?"

"Damn it, I thought it was just leather!" she shouts back at me.

She falls to the floor while hurling a small steel ball at me, the now heavy ball zings just past me, as I roll out of it's path. "Good try! But you missed?"

Now that Ayla is 'heavy' she swings that cop baton of her's at me. I duck the first oncoming swipe, but she tags me hard on a reverse stroke! Boy that hurt, as that baton must weigh Two hundred pounds via her power to make herself and objects lighter or heavier.

I spin a Metal tipped wood staff into my hands to take aim at her side, a fast hard blow of mine cracks against her side and Ayla falls back to a nice defensive posture. I port behind her and try to flip her leg out from under her with the stave, but find her 'mass' is too much for that. But the move to her leg. gets her to spin away from me and she tosses yet another steel ball at me.

That darn ball grazed my shoulder and spun me to the floor in a whole bunch of pain. But I port across the mat and make ready for her next move. Ayla charges at me 'lite' then changes to heavy to gain speed and mass. I spin out of the way, but get tagged by that darn baton as she passes by me. This time the blow was next to nothing, but still a hit to my pride!

Ayla turns fast on her heels and comes back at me. This time, I watch and feel out for her going 'lite' via the winds around us and when she does. I toss my staff at her and it slams into her chest hard! The Mithril on the staves tips ends, does not pass through her and she has no power over the magic metal!

Ayla falls to the mat with a thud and I port behind her as she stands up. I wrap both arms around her and go to port with her still pulled close to me.

When I go to use my power to teleport, Ayla uses her power to go 'heavy' at the same time! In her world, Ayla sees a small flash of darkness. Then me gasping out and falling over to the mat with blood flowing out of my ears, nose, and both of my eyes as tears. The sight shocks her so much, she steps away from me in fright.

In my little world, as I tried to port with her and confuse her. Like I did Hank a week back. My sight narrowed to a pin point, then slammed into darkness with a jolt of pain through my whole body! My brain shot everything at me, memories, inputs from smells, sight , hearing, every sense I had at the same time and basically 'fried' itself!

I felt as if I had actually touched my Gaea for just a second and she smiled at me? Then WAM! Back to here!

I spun bleeding from all over my face and wandered staggering all over the mat nearly passed out. Then stagger back to the center, fall onto my face and roll over to stare up at the ceiling. I watch on mesmerized, as I see wonderful stars fill my vision and the lovely sights of space beyond this dimension?

As I stare blankly up to the sky? Ito and Ayla both come into my vision. Ito snaps fingers in my face and blocks that sight of wonders beyond. All I can mumble out is "It's full of stars!"

Ayla's face screws to one showing her confusion at my statement, "What the heck was that...a line from the 2001 space movie?"

"I have no idea?" Ito says as he glances to her.

In my world, both of them are blocking a great view! "Please move, I like this view. The vision of stars I see and other things are great?" I question what I am seeing now, but I still think I am seeing into another dimension!

Ito shakes me gently and Sensei Tolman drops a cold wet towel on my face to wake me up. The shock of such a cold wet thing landing on my face, it makes the visions fade away with a 'pop' of bright light.

My next words sound very groggy now, as I try to sit up and wipe the blood off my face "What was that?"

"I think you tried to 'port' me and I went heavy? I saw a darkness for a split second, but you saw lots more than that I guess?" Ayla admits to me.

"Ohh that would do it, I guess? You going so dense? I do have a limit to what I can port in one shot and I guess you were WAY over that!"

Ito tries to get me to sit up more, but I have to admit to him, "Sensei...I feel really weird and my sight is blurry at best? My body feels real funny, like I have four arms and four legs suddenly? Then I hear bubbles, I think...like my head is under water?"

"Well lay there, stay still, we will get a stretcher for you and send you over to Doyle!"

Gwen spots the stretcher going across the room and runs over to our class. As she has at least five fellow posies in that group! When she notices me laying there, she runs over and drops to her knees beside me "What happened to you?"

"I saw stars!" I joke with her.

Ayla shakes her head at the joke "She is okay, I am sure. I went 'heavy' as she tried to port me and that messed her up kind of bad?"

As three others pick me up and place me on the stretcher. Gwen barks to Ito, "I am going with her to Doyle, us elves stick together this week!"

"Fine, young one. Please watch over your friend for us and come tell us how she is later?"

"Ya got it Ito san!"

Ten minutes later, I am laid out on a CAT Scan and going through it for the third time? Then a nurse draws blood and plugs me into a whole bunch of monitors.

"Dr. Tenent?" I ask from my bed, "Is all this really necessary?"

"Your darn right it is, you were bleeding from your darn eyes!" Gwen barks at me.

"Only a little bit?" I pinch my fingers together to show her.

"Well that's too much!" she shouts at me.

"Gwen, calm down please?" Dr. Tenent warns her.

"I will calm down, after you say she is fine? But did she tell you, that she had a few headaches this week too!" a very excited Gwen adds now to my pain of being in Doyle.

"Shussh Gwen...please! I hate this place enough as it is?"

"Is that true Ro?"

"Yesssss?" I grin and bear it, as my curse 'not to lie' kicks in.

"So how bad was the last one and when...no lying!"

I wince to her, "I had one this morning, right after magic class...ma'am?"

"Any others?"

"A few over the last three days?"

"Ever have them before?"

"Yes...as a human. But never as a Drow, unless it was after a hit to the head and that kind of pain fades fast...ma'am?"

"Anything else?"

"Ma'am?" I question her.

"Tell me what you saw after your tried to port Ayla?"

"I saw stars, Gaea...I think and then I felt real weird? Like I had four arms and legs, then I heard bubbles?"

"Humm confused senses after a teleport gone wrong? That does sound normal, from what other patents have told me over the years."

"Okay, so I can go now!"

"No, you lay there and rest. You're staying here for a few hours more, at least till I feel better releasing you!"

"JORA!"
(RATS!)

~o~O~o~

Wednesday March 28, 1:45 pm
Crystal hall

That darn Tenent! She kept me all laid out for two hours and that made me very hungry! After me asking her like fifty times, she finally let me go to get fed. Gwen finds us our usual spot and we start to dig in, as we sit and eat. Gwen asked me what in the heck I saw, I spent the next thirty minutes telling her my strange visions from that missed 'port'.

----

Over at a table far across crystal's dome from us, Bloodwolf is chatting to one of his sometimes buddies off the 'UV' list...Counterpoint. A boy who thinks he is the reincarnation of the God Ares or Mars and he is more than crazy! Then add to that mass of craziness, he loves to pick fights with anyone and he does that regardless of the punishment he might get.

With a little prodding Bloodwolf, has Counterpoint convinced to pick a fight with the new kid on the 'UV' list...me! Bloodwolf is almost howling in joy with getting this fight started, as he really hated me waving a Mithril blade in his face! He even has TNT, the guys who bashed me weeks back, here waiting on the sidelines to jump in the coming fight too!

-----

When the two of us are done eating and start to leave for our next magic class. Rhia, Bree and Constance join walking with us to class. Then only one missing from our lab group is Belfy and I am sure she is late once again.

Constance smiles to me, as she joined us walking to class, "Hey you said we Sidhe would have a Pizza party sometime and you pay for it! How does Saturday sound?"

"Sounds like a good idea to me! Any of you girls have a problem with doing that at maybe dinner time and a movie I guess?"

"We can use your room, you got that nice TV and stuff!" Gwen giggles back to me.

"I think that's a pl....." I trail off saying as Violet screams in my head a warning, ~"MOVE! someone is attacking you!"~

With my link with Violet, I see what's coming at me via her vision and I can tell it's a speeder hurtling at me. He is a big one and seems bent on hurting me? I don't want to 'port' off and leave my fellow Elves all alone. So I spun to him and take the coming hit to my chest.

That harsh blow, sends me rolling over the grass just outside of crystal hall for several yards, till I slow my momentum and roll up to both feet. Once standing upright again, my armor just barely snaps over my body, when a blast hits me from the side.

That savage blast tosses me into one of the many trees on campus and I bounce off it. That hurt allot and my shoulder creaks with pain a little bit now. I 'port' the second my body hits the ground, to a few yards off from that spot that was trapping me with a large set of trees around it.

Now out in the open once again, I can see who this is and find it's Counterpoint, the nut from one of my Martial arts classes. Why him, I have to think to myself? Me and him never spared, so he has no grudge against me that I know of?

The next blast comes at me, but it's power slides off a shield that Rhia just placed in front of me. That magical shield shows its intricate wave in a glow to me and I find out now that she makes very fine shields indeed some of the best I have ever seen! 'Great!' I almost yell inside myself, 'I have a team of fellow elves behind me now!'

That joy falls fast away, as Counterpoint rushes at me and I have to fend him off just as I spot Bloodwolf leaping at Rhia's back. I have to watch on helplessly as he falls on her, because I am busy blocking a fury of blows Counterpoint is sending my way!

But poor Bloodwolf, he splats off yet another one of Rhia's shields. It reminds me of a dog chasing a parked car in it's comedy, when he smashes face first into it and slides to the grass!

Bloodwolf rolls up from that embarrassment and turns his rage on Gwen next. That was a mistake he instantly regrets, when Gwen pulls out her dagger size blade and it grows into her spear...a big Mithril spear!

When Bloodwolf sees that spear waving at him, he backs away in fear from it and the magic metal it's made of...that burns like fire when it touches him!

Gwen sees his fear and taunts him, "Awwww poor doggy, he does not want to play fetch with my stick!"

As Bloodwolf backs off from the now scary Gwen, two other boys run up and jump into the growing fray. One of the new ones, he is known by all going here. Why? Because he stinks so badly, it can make you cry and he uses that power on Constance, Bree and Rhia.

All of them now gag in his stench cloud, till Continence blows him away with her power over winds, "I got this smog bank handled!" she barks to the rest of the group and flings the boy with her winds.

"Bree watch your back!" Rhia shouts while tossing a shield over her. But it comes to late, the new boy just joining into the fight touches her and her clothes melt away from his touch. Then her skin burns like fire and dissolves a little under its touch.

"You ASSHOLE! That top cost me fifty bucks!" Bree shouts and spins a kick at his head to start collecting on that on debt, that she will now certainly take out of his ass!

Now our whole group is fighting. I am matched up with Counterpoint and he is keeping me busy between his fists, kicks and blasts. Gwen is chasing Bloodwolf the bad dog around. Bree has a boy in her sights that has an acid touch power, for vengeance on her wardrobe and he is in trouble! I know that for a fact, she loved that top!

Then Rhia, she is watching all our backs and dropping shields on us as needed. Constance, she is busy shoving that smog kid all over the area with her wind power.

Now that we are all busy and fighting. Bad goes to worse! As I block yet another one of Counterpoint's blows, I spot 'TNT' heading this way and Truck the leader, he is wearing a a grin on his face...an evil intent one!

Truck makes his way toward me over the expanse of grass and his other two friends head over to the rest of my group in a run. Nitro takes a shot at Rhia, with one of his blasts. Her shield holds up, but she slides back a little from the impact.

Gwen spots that move and yells at Bloodwolf a threat, "SIT-STAY DOGGIE! You stay there and out of this fight or I will scar you forever!" she points at him with her spear, he gives up in fear of the green haired elf turned demon!

I see that this battle going badly for us now, I have to choose between not hurting these attackers under my oath or protecting my fellow Sidhe?...The boys lost that coin toss!

The next time Counterpoint gives me a opening with his sloppy fighting skills, I blast him with a very big Levin bolt and send him flying back several yards! I grin at him, as he lays there with a smoking hole in his armor and tries to get back up from the harsh blast I just gave him.

I am turning to 'port' my way over to the rest of my group, when Violet shouts again to me mentally ~"Incoming!"~ And a boy leaps on to my back, he must been a speedster, as he came at me so very fast.

I try to shake him off me, but that little 'spider monkey' of a kid is latched onto me good! So he finds out very suddenly that my armor is magical, when I turn ON the spell woven into it's back...He is tossed off my back, by a violent blast of magic power and flies up into the nearby tree's branches with a scream of fright.

He looks very similar to a NASA rocket launch at the Cape, as he goes flying up and he crashes into the trees. The howl of surprise coming from him is priceless, as he hits the branches and falls to the ground far off.!

Counterpoint has found his feet during that spat I just had with him and sends a energy blast hurtling my way. Rhia spots it coming for me and blocks it's damage via a spell shield. Truck sees that defensive move just as he gets to me and yells back to his buddy Tee-Kay, "Take her out Tee-Kay and we win this!"

Tee-Kay waves back his understanding to his leader, then uses his power of telekinesis to attack Rhia and he hits her very hard. When he does, she loses her concentration on the shield spells that she has up and her all shields fail with the hit. Then the bright magical bubble over me and the group with her fades away as it's bright latticework of magic falls.

Nitro fires his next blast at them, when he sees that shield fall away with a bright pop. The huge blast he fired, lands in the center of my pack of friends and they go flying all about.

That blast landing in amongst the elves and seeing my friends getting hurt, it makes me more than mad. But I have issues of my own, with Truck is on me now and his TK armor is keeping me from hurting him. Then add to my growing pain, Counterpoint is starting to team up on me too now and I have two attackers to deal with now!

~"Violet...get that TK guy out of this fight now. Knock him out, make him know the pain of crossing a Pixie!"~ I mentally shout an order at her.

~"Got it, he is going to feel this!"~ she mentally grins at me and I feel some pleasure in her words come at me. That poor boy does not know what's coming at him!

Violet flies at him covered in her invisibility, she whips out a spear from her new collection and reaches a hand into a bag hanging on her hip. That hand comes out covered in blue 'goo' and she smears it onto the spear's pointy tip. Then she puts a finger to her mouth and takes a small suck of that blue 'goo' off it. When that finger comes out of her lips, with a 'pop' she yelps out "Perfect, that will do some damage!"

She flies at him with that magically enhanced flight speed that her new armor offers, then she flies up behind him and spots her target...a small spot at his neck. Violet smiles out, "This is going to hurt big boy!" and rams the spear into his neck.

Poor Tee-Kay Screams out in pain for but a second, then goes stiff as a board and he is a now paralyzed statue of hurt. His brain is screaming in pain at him, pure agony! But he can't move? Not even blink!

Violet flies up to his face and grins at him, "That was for attacking a fellow creature of the Fae!" then she reaches out with her right hand and places her index finger cutely to his nose, "Boop!...tag you're it!" she shouts to him and he falls backwards to the grass with a thud.

Gwen is speeding my way, as Nitro gets a blast off at her and she is sent flying back from the impact. Gwen rolls to her feet and tosses her spear at his leg. Along the way, it changes to a small blade again and jams into it. That wound puts him down to a knee, then Gwen calls it back to her and as it flies out of the leg wound, it causes even more damage!

Just then, vines suddenly grow out of the ground and they wrap the Nitro up head to toe. Thorn one of the other Sidhe in Whateley, comes from nowhere via an invisibility spell on him and joins the fight, he leaps on the wrapped up boy's chest. When Thorn has him down on the ground, he starts pounding his fists on the boy's face relentlessly!

Next to me, a form comes into my vision and it sends a blast of magic fire at Truck to fend him off. I twist a little to see a smiling Rascal standing next to me now, "Well my fellow warrior, shall we finish this?" he asks me in a voice, that sounds like it's used to life in the Queens court.

Gwen gets up back to standing and now sees that I have a partner helping me, versus the two I had on me. And with Rascal's added magic and skills fighting. We are beating back Counterpoint and Truck now.

When I spot her standing up and still heading my way, I shout at her, "Help Bree and finish that kid off! We got this!"

Gwen nods to me and tosses a hallucinogenic glamour laden pixie, at the boy with the skin eating acid. He sways under its spell and sees who knows what strange visions. Then Gwen starts beating the CRAP out of him with her spear!

The two in front of us, are taking more blows now from us both. But Counterpoint is no pushover and Truck has a TK shield to protect him. I swap targets with Rascal and port to Truck's rear and blow some powder at him, like the last time we fought.

Truck smiles at me and now I can see it as he speaks, "I learned that trick last time, you lesbo bitch!" and now I spot a very well made clear plastic mask protecting his mouth and nose from my powders!

"Hummm! Well then have this!" I shout at him and toss a new powder on him. It falls past his shield and lands on his skin. When it sets in, a pain shoots through his body and he starts throwing up. One of his larger choice 'tossing of cookies' lands on Counterpoint with a wet slosh of chunkyness and smells horrible!

All Truck can do is vomit all the time, his shield drops and he falls to his knees emptying his stomach even harder now. I leave him alone for right now, his fighting for the time being is done for the day.

As Counterpoint stares at Truck in shock of all that reeking mess over him, Rascal hits him with a well timed Levin bolt and he is knocked out! But Rascal is not finished with him, he leaps over to the body and starts kicking him very hard in the side several times.

"Get up and face me human! This Fae demands vengeance!" a part of me wanted to let him go on beating Counterpoint, but I pull the fellow elf away from the fight and try to calm him down some.

"Rascal...you have my thanks. But the boy is down and we can't kill here. It's just not allowed right now?" As I say that warning, Everheart and her squad of guards show up to the now fading fight.

The guards have to pull a crazed Gwen and Bree off the one fallen kid. Constance had her target blown all the way into the side of a tree and pined. She was pummeling him with blasts of winds when a guard stopped her.

With whole bunch of howling and shouting from Everheart. The fight stops and most of us can get up and walk to our own little groups. The ones that can't stand any more, they are tended to by the guards and Doogie who just showed up with his medical bag.

Doogie's first stop is at Tee-Kay laying there like a plank! He looks him over and quickly finds nothing wrong. Doogie glances up to my new team of Elves, "Ahh guys what did this and how do you fix it?" he asked us.

"My Violet, she hit him up with some paralytic poison Doogie and it will pass in a few hours." I shrug to him.

"Any way to speed that up?"

"Ya," I shrug back, then wave to Violet, "Violet, Please give Tee-Kay the cure and get him back up?"......~"But make it painful...please!"~ I add mentally to her.

Violet smiles back to me and files up to him, then warns as she hovers at his chest as she lands on it, "This is going to hurt like mad, even worse than right now does!"

TK's eyes dart back and forth at the coming pain and seem to plea to the Pixie to be gentle with him. But Violet only smiles to him and gives him an evil wink.

She cleans her spear off with a rag from her pouch and then adds a new red 'goo' to cover it. She takes a small taste and smiles at the boy laying under her, "Here we go, this is going to hurt like I said!" and she jams it into his chest, as his eyes go wide in terror.

Violet shoots up several feet suddenly, as she knows what is coming! Tee-key leaps off the ground screaming in pain, just howling and rubbing at his chest. The pain it passes for the most part within a few minutes and he sits on a medical cart that just showed up, panting like mad from all the searing pain he just had.

Violet lands on my shoulder and smiles to me, "All done as requested!" the little giggle she lets out as she covers her face, is too cute for words. Even Gwen noticed that gesturer and has to laugh at it.

With that student's healing done by Violet and him now sitting on the cart resting. Doogie goes to help Nitro, who was newly freed from Thorn's vines and his bad leg wound, plus a badly beaten up face.

While Doogie is busy with Nitro, Rhia is helping Bree out with that acid burned skin and her Elvin healing spells are doing wonders on it, then add Bree has nanotech in her helping out with that wound too!

As the rest of the medics, tend to the others. Everheart finally gets to me with her anger at all of this, "What started all this?" she shouts at me.

"Not sure, Everheart? Counterpoint just jumped me for no reason and it went all downhill from there?" I say to her more than angry myself!

"Well there has to be a reason for this?"

"None that I know of? Unless Bloodwolf or Truck sent Counterpoint my way? I have him in one of my classes, but we never even sparred before today...Ma'am!" I add.

"Humm lets see about this!" Everheart barks, then stomps off towards Bloodwolf and most of the other boys in this fight.

Whiles she is gone, us elves group tighter together, "Well friends, I guess we are a small team now and a good one!" I boast for them, "We just need to get some training time in, to blend our skills better and we are set?"

All of us Sidhe stand there chatting for quite some time, till Everheart finally gets over to us with her questions. "Well Rohanna, they say you all started it...again? But I showed them the tape from the fifteen cameras out here and that put that lie to bed. But what am I going to do with all this?"

"Heck if I know? They like being beat up by us Fae is my guess and this is a poor week to mess with us Sidhe after Aung just died!...MA'AM!"

"Yes I understand that, I did see you pull Rascal off Counterpoint. It seems you found some kind of calmness within you this week?"

"No that's the leader in me coming out, I look after my people! I only stopped it to keep Rascal from getting into trouble, not keeping Counterpoint unhurt or alive?" I warn her.

"Rohanna!...None of that now!"

"He jumped me and used deadly force if I had been a 'norm'! What do you want me to do? Blow kisses at him!...Ma'am?"

"I think maybe a match up in the Sims might fix this...Finally! That will let you lead a team, against their team and then they get to know what I already know..." Everheart trails off thinking about that subject, This Drow knows how to fight and these bullies need a lesson in a controlled situation. Before one of them ends up dead, via doing something stupid just like this.

Everheart spins her anger back to the group of bullies, most of them on the 'UV' list and will be getting even more time on detention of a sort soon, because of it! "You bunch of knuckleheads get over here!"

After they all walk, limp or get helped over to us, Everheart starts in on us all, "Well Friday afternoon you are settling all of this in a sim run. And I am sure you students can guess what side it which!"

Everheart?" I question her bad idea now, "I fight solo or with other Drows. Besides I have a good team here, but we need some time to train together before that can happen? I mean really! The three MORONS of 'TNT' already team up...as assholes!"

"STOP THAT RO NOW! No more of that!" she warns me, as both of our sides lean toward each other and there is lots of growling or nearly hissing at each other!

The pack of guards has to move between us all, to keep what might happen...from happening again! After several minutes and several threats of massive detention on all, Everheart gets most of us calmed down again.

"ALL RIGHT!" she shouts at all of us, "The sim run is for three PM Friday, so everyone be there or be at my office waiting for a detention assignment! NOW get going all of ya!"

With that threat all done now, my group goes toward the magical arts building. Before we separate, we agree to meet later at Poe and practice after class for this Friday fight!

My little lab group shows up to Mrs. Grimes's class very much in the way of late, when we enter the room and go to our table. She stares 'daggers' at us all "I just heard of what happened to all of you! Fighting, nice girls like all of you. Rohanna, I expect that kind of thing from her, but Gwen...Rhia...Bree? That kind of fighting...no I don't!"

Before I can even make a 'peep'! Gwen is 'on' her!

"Mrs. Grimes!" she shouts at her. Then Grimes stares meanly at her and Gwen goes a bit more quiet in her tone of voice, as she regains her respect for the teacher again, "We...no Rohanna, got jumped. We did not start anything!" she explains.

"Fine then, but please come to class on time from now on...all of you!" Grimes adds back, then turns her fiery gaze on the whole class and starts today's lessons.

~o~O~o~

Wednesday March 28, 4:45 pm
Poe cottage

All of this new ad hock team of Elves are meeting in my room tonight. I had ordered pizza and several other side dishes for the team to eat while we planed out what to do for this coming match.

Constance and Rascal they were the last to arrive at my room. Constance was taken back by the all the 'green' of the room and has Rascal grab a few of the fruits off the tree for her with his longer reach.

"Ro, I love this room, I might have to get Thorn to do all this for me soon and using plants like this from the Grove...That's pure genius!" Constance grins to me, as she eats her third fruit plucked off the large tree in my room's corner.

"I will not take credit for all of this, Roz did most of this great work. When she figured out, what I really needed to help me feel more at home here inside Poe."

"So lady Rohanna, what shall we do for this fight?" Rascal winks at me, with his royal court sounding voice and a quick smile.

"Well I usually fight solo? Us Drow fight well as a group, but never with other Elves. We just never mixed in fights is all?"

"Humm...How about me and Ro go stealth and lead or fool, the morons into a trap with the rest of you?" Bree adds in her idea, while eating a slice of pizza.

"I like that one!" I say to her.

"That might workout? The four of us elves, Coni, Thorn, Rhia and me. We are already a team for the sims right now. So we know each other's fighting styles right now, adding in Bree or Gwen would be easy. You going solo Rohanna, that would make sense to me?" Rascal tells me.

"Well lets go find a Sim to use and put that idea to practice then?" Bree suggests to the room.

~o~O~o~

Thursday March 29, 11:45 am
Arena 91 Sims building

Gwen is laughing like a elf gone mad! She had come up with a great idea last night, during our last practice time in sim building. She had come up with a way to take Truck out of the fight, as I knew he would be wearing something by now. That would keep my poisons off him and that might make me not be able to take him down quickly.

Then we all figured out a way to make this coming fight, as a most painful one as possible for all of the other team on top of that! The new team dynamic was developed by Gwen and Bree. The combined madness and good planning on their parts, surly shown through to all of us.

Since we were all done for the night, we all showered up and speed off to a late night snack I paid for at the bake shop on campus. After we all left there with either ice cream or a baked good in hand, we strolled over to a great place to sit on top of one of the many hills over looking the campus.

"Well 'team' I think this might work out, us all versus them! We can win this!" I shout at them while eating my fudge sundae and licking my spoon.

"Yep, we sure can!" Violet adds in with enthusiasm now at her bigger size, as she eats what can only be described as a 'mess'! Mint ice cream, peach, and cotton candy flavored? Then she added hot fudge, hot Carmel and strawberries on that! Next was, a full covering of about every candy topping in the shop!....a MESS!

"Gaea...Violet how can you eat that!" I just had to ask for the tenth time!

"It's yummy!" and she sticks her tongue at me to prove it.

"Well I think we have this fight won, after Gwen thought to buy 'spots' from Bunny! Now we can talk each other during the fight and no one else will know." Bree adds in while biting into a muffin.

"Yep, darn good idea. But the darn things cost an arm and a leg! Too bad you all are not Drow? Then we would not need that darn things!"

(Author note: Spots...they are sub-space communicators the size of a band-aide circle or nickel? They can send voice communication on them, via a sub-space dimension and are totally secure. Once set, no one else can listen to them. You set one under a ear, on your lower jaw. They are clear see-thru. It takes a genius to make them, with the help of a person who can handle the math of multiple dimensions...IE: Sara and her being a GOO)

~o~O~o~


Friday March 30, 2:45 pm
Arena 99 Sims building

The whole group of us elves are all gathered in one of Arena 99's many 'ready' rooms for teams, we are verbally going over any changes to today's plans. But none of us have anything to add to what we practiced last night.

Everheart comes into the ready room, then studies us all before speaking to the group, "You all set?"

I nod for the group, "Yes, Ma'am we are."

"The rules are basic here, all powers and magic, use only what you would normally carry into a regular combat situation...no special loadouts! No deadly weapons or any of your more deadly blows Rohanna?" Everheart singles me out for that warning...after I am sure, the mistake I made with Hipp during sparing, it must have got around to her that I almost killed her.

She eyes each one of us in turn for a nod or word of agreement, then leaves the room.

Our group is led to one of the large entrance doors that open onto the main arena's floor, somewhere else on that area, we all know that the other team stands ready at a twin of this huge door and that there are over a dozen of them...each one chosen at random.

Random map, random weather, random time of day for this fight.

The roll of the dice, we saw for the first time as the huge doors slid open to us. That roll gave us, a small urban setting of mostly two story buildings and some as high as five stories.

Time of day...dark moonless night.
This is good for my team, we all work best in the dark! Elves can see in it, like it's daylight to us!

Weather stormy, with hard falling rain and flashes of lightning with thunder.
That was bad and good a the same time. Rain covered noises, but made them too? So my great hearing is hampered greatly, then add this is 'man made' rain. Not being natural, so it covers up the smells of my prey, with smell of water that was stored in tanks and cycled through vast pipes to here.

When the 'GO' light glows, we all go invisible with spells or other means and some of us toss extra levels of invisibility spells on the whole team. With all that now set, we all rush off to find a good spot to set up our trap in.

After a few minutes of Bree and me scouting out. Bree finds the spot, a dark alley that ends at a parking lot, with four strong two to four story walls around it. Add to that, only two large exits at street level, no windows and three exits via doors.

Bree clicked on her communicator 'spot' and sub-vocalized to us all, "Got it here!" then she told us the layout and where she chose to set the team up at.

I arrived by her side in a flash and looked it over from a few more spots, "Perfect Bree, this is the spot for sure!"

We get all the team set-up on a great ambush spot, just on top of a low building with a 'port'. Then both Bree and I rush off to find the prey. I spot them with a high port up to the top of the arena and a brief freefall of a hundred feet or so. The darn rain, it almost covered them up from my vision. But all the noise they make arguing and bickering like amateurs more than made up for the rain...morons in the real world you would be dead alreay!

Now with them spotted, I go back to the team and grab Gwen. Bree makes her way over to where I said they where and keeps an eye on them from high up.

At ground level, Gwen and I sneak up to the rear of the makeshift team and find Tee-Kay is playing 'tail end charlie' AKA the worst place to be...last man in the string of them! We both creep up behind him, unseen via our invisibility or other means.

We watch their team dynamic at play, Bloodwolf is out front, he is trying to 'sniff' us all out. Via that wolf nose of his, but the rain is not helping at all. Then add to that, I made sure to make all our scents neutral as I could and that was easy...we are elves by the way...we don't stink!

Just behind him is Counterpoint, at the lead. Then Killstench, the smog boy. Next is Willie, the one with near acid on his skin. Then comes a boy, who is obviously a speeder, as he keeps trying to run fast and finds no traction in the falling hard rain.

The last three of the group, are Truck, then Nitro their only distance attack guy and then Tee-Kay at the end. And TK is REAL nervous at that spot, but having Truck near him seems to make him braver...a little?

As the rain falls, the group of them all stay to one side of the somewhat wide street and scan the area for targets. Most look to the roofs, I am sure trying to find me! Gwen studies TK as best she can, from as close as she dares too!

"Well Bloodwolf, any sign of them!" a very impatient Counterpoint asks.

He growls back to him, "NO...that elf can hide real well. Maybe they are too chicken to come out and fight us!"

TK almost whines to them, "Hey keep moving, we are out in the open here!"

"Was that enough Gwen?" I ask when she gets back from her examining her target.

"Ohhh ya plenty!" I can hear her almost smile back to me.

Gwen's form moves to a good spot out of sight of the targets and then wavers into sight. But what is seen by most now, is not Gwen, but a exact look-alike of Tee-Kay! Gwen's illusion of him wraps around her and she whispers out in his voice as a check.

"Does this sound good to you?" the now male human covered elf asks me.

"Keep talking and I might hit ya in the face, thinking it was him!" I nearly giggle back to her.

"Yep!...ready now?"

"I got this!" and I stalk up behind Tee-Kay. Gwen follows close behind me at the ready, then when the group goes around a corner and TK is nearly left alone. My hand wraps around his mouth, as I grab his neck and I 'port' him off.

Gwen slides up into his spot walking and keeps up with his team. After I ported off to a building with Bree waiting on top, I place a blindfold on TK and notice he can't use his powers!

"Just as I thought and heard in class! If you can't see it, you can't move it with Telekinesis! You're powerless and mine now!" I laugh in his ear evilly...ohh so evilly!

Bree helps me to wrap him all up with good rope and I stun one of his nerve junctions to be sure. Tee-Kay will be out of this fight for hours now! With that all done and checked. I 'port' back to where I left Gwen and the rest of the plan starts.

After I get a signal to and from Gwen. I run off down a alley and make a sound with the garbage found in it. The rattle of a lone can. gets the team of morons attention and Gwen yells as the twin of Tee-Kay "Hey they are over here, I just saw them running away...the chickens!"

Gwen runs down the alley, while Bree drops from her perch into it and stands there till one more sees her. Bree then 'fakes' that Tee-Kay used his TK power on her and leaps to the wall and fake 'smacks' into. When Bree is out of sight, she runs off covered with a invisibility spell.

"Hey I see the rest of them, come on lets get-em!" the fake Tee-Kay yells out, then runs farther down the alley.

Most of his buddies follow him into the alley, only Counterpoint sees this as a bad option right now. So to give him more bait, I 'port' down to the far end of the alley and yell back at him, "Darn you TK, you might have hurt Bree bad...I am going to mess you up human!" and then I bash a few things for the sound of a fight, then 'port' away.

Counterpoint's whole team runs into the alley and at its end, they find a small open space between all the buildings. In one corner, seemingly trapped! Stands our team, a beaten up Bree lays on the ground, I stand at the front between them and the group.

"Come on you moron humans...lets get this fight on!"

They rush forward, all of them! Nitro fires off a blast, that passes right through the illusion and takes out a wall in the only other exit from here. At the same time, four spells cook off and strike the wall behind them all. It crumbles and falls, it's rubble fills the alley and the trap is set!

With my whole team overlooking the trapped rats, I yell down at them all, "Give up and the pain ends now! You are in a dead end BOX, we have the high ground and the firepower to keep it!"

They all look at each other for a silent moment then, the speedster tries to make a break for it by running up a wall. Nitro, he follows that move with a blast to one of my teammates.

The runner is blasted off the wall by a Levin bolt and falls hard back to the pavement with a thud. Nitro's blast bounces harmlessly off one of Rhia's shield spells and then I blast the feet out from under him with yet another Levin bolt.

"Well all done now! Or should the pain begin?" I ask them again with a chuckle.

But that plea falls on hard heads, as Counterpoint yells at his team, "Get them make them pay for this!"

Nitro starts blasting at all of to no avail and the speedster runs off for about a hundred yards, till he falls from Thorn's vines tangling all around his feet.

Truck tries to leap up and get at me. Then yells at Tee-Kay standing there, "Help me TK! Toss me up there?"

"Ahhh nope!" the large male says back to him surprisingly in a small girls voice. That male form, then shifts to the smaller green haired elf that is really there and tosses a Pixie shaped holder of her psychotic glamour at his face.

Poor Truck now sees utter madness and other crazy visions. He makes grabs at Drows that only exist inside his own mind, he yells and screams at nothing? Gwen just laughs at him evilly and runs away from his psychotic 'trip'.

With the renewed magical blasts falling all about them, the group below gives up...one person at a time and their whole team falls apart fast. Especially after they lost their only long range person in 'Nitro' to Thorn's vines and then lost Truck, who is one of the only two that can soak up damage.

A red 'Sim over' light glows above us, as a horn sounds that tells us all...this match is over. We stop our attacks on those humans below us and jump off the building to the streets below on the far side of the building...away from the losers!

All of us fall into the debriefing room after the match and sit in the chairs off in one corner going over the best parts.

"Did you see Truck! He thought he was surrounded by an army of Ro's...his worst nightmare come true!" Bree laughs.

"Most kids when I hit them with that glamour of mine, they see unicorns or bunnies? Not any evil Drow?" Gwen ponders on.

"But did ya see Nitro fall like a tree...smmmmack right into the pavement!" I emphasize with a hand slap.

Just as I say that jest, Counterpoint rushes me, as he enters the room with his team and snatches me up by the throat, then pins me to the wall "I want you dead, you fucking Drow!"

I smile evilly in his face, "At least you got my type of race correct for a change now! But I have had enough of you...AND I will gut you like a fish right here, if you don't let me go NOW!" I growl in his face and look down.

His eyes follow my gaze to the dagger I hold now, just touching his belly, "I may have rules in my life that do not allow me to hurt children...but you're heading toward a place and doing acts that release me from that oath!" I warn him now.

"Rohanna! Weapon down now...please?"

"Him first Ma'am?" I question the request and half order of Everheart.

"Counterpoint! Drop Rohanna now...Or I let her hurt you?"

He relents to my blade and Everheart's firm hand now grabbing his armored jacket to prove the point. After he lets go and Everheart shoves him at a seat "Well is this over or do we have to go for round two?"

"Rohanna only won this match, because of magic and that team of her's," Counterpoint shouts out at her.

"Well SHIT!" Everheart pounds hard on the debriefing room desk she is sitting at, "I guess part two and being real nasty about this match is the only way to finish this crud now!"

Everheart walks over to her control table and presses a com-button "Get the full immersive sim set up for Rohanna verse Counterpoint's team now please?"

"Yes ma'am...how many?" the com questions her with a small buzz.

"Set the sim match for eight on one side, versus one on the other team."

"All set and any choice on places or weather?"

"Rohanna, your choice?"

"Forest and darkness...please ma'am?"

"You heard her, forest area and make it dark!"

"Hey your giving her an advantage here!" Counterpoint barks.

"AND you have eight on your team!...SO?" Everheart sasses back to him.

"Give him what he wants, it will make no difference with the out come?" I shrug to her.

"No, Rohanna. He wants a fight this bad, you get a few choices on some of the parameters of the match?"

"Okay Everheart? But I have never done one of these full sims, I have no idea what to do?"

"Well...we will get you all set-up, while they suite up and get ready."

~o~O~o~

Friday March 30, 6:55 pm
Arena 99 Sims building

For the past few hours, the technicians help me to get a sim suit set-up on me and they showed me how to use it.

During that same time, Everheart was real busy entering all the gathered information
from my first sim run and a few others I made this past month during my late night
exercises alone. Everheart added in quite the library on my bows hitting power from the
target range we had set-up recently. Plus the notes Ito and Doc Tenent had made on my
accidental blow, the one that nearly killed Hipp in my first spar with her.

I had to add to that data base, several of my killing hits or how my weapons worked on a
basic level and then added to the sims Sidhe spell base already programmed, with some
personal ones of my own. With what they do, or powers, or results of a hit on a human
body. I hated all of it, but I had to do something about this now? Or this grudge would go
on and on, till something bad happened!

All this new information, gave the Sim's computers a base to go by for my skills and score my hits with or what effect they do to another person.

A technician shows me the full body suit and how to wear it. Once I don it, she shows me to one of the rooms many full body couches that hold you during this machines use. I lay down on one as Everheart is standing over me, "I am not so sure of this Ma'am, I think all of this is a bad idea." I have to say to her, as I ready the helmet.

"They need this match up as a warning Rohanna, or this will get worse?"

"I hate this, you letting me do this to kids this young is a bad idea?"

"Sara did it and the Grunts team took that lesson well."

"What did she do?" I question Everheart now more than concerned and even curious.

"Rohanna, truefully...she tore them apart and badly. But they learned, what bad, evil people can do. A well earned lesson."

"Well are all of you ready now?" she asks the rest of the room and the other team.

She gets nods from all of them and my nearly silent "Yes."

The Sim match starts.

~o~O~o~


Friday March 30, 7:35 pm
Arena 99 Sims building

My hands toss the helmet off my head in anger and I hit the quick release for the sim suit umbilical. "There...done...damn it!" I shout out more than mad at the situation and get up to exit the room as fast as I can.

Across the room from me Counterpoint falls off his couch, when the Sim system gives him back voluntary control of his muscles again. After he hits the floor, he instantly begins throwing up all over himself.

Nitro then shoots up off his couch and starts feeling all over his body, as he mumbles out over and over, "Arrows...arrows...arrowwwwsss! They came from everywhere!"

The speedster kid of the group, he gets up from his couch to jest him more than harshly, "Yep they sure did and you looked just like a porcupine after they pinned you to that tree."

"Well she cut your legs off!" he snaps back to the speedster, who was just now checking on his legs.

"Yep she did, but who would have ever thought you could decorate a pine tree out there, just like Christmas tree with a persons guts like that and then use them as a tree topper!" he now gazes over at a still sick Counterpoint kneeling on the floor, with that question.

"Shut up!" Counterpoint shouts back at him, then almost vomits again and chokes down some growing bile in his throat. That was brought up by the renewed thoughts.

"Whatever..." the speedster chuckled, "but how did that feel Counterpoint. Her doing that to ya...in that way?" his eyebrows arch high at the question.

"I said shut up!"

Truck comes out of the Sim with a jolt, as that last word is shouted by Counterpoint. He sits all the way up, grabs or feels his hands all over his neck and throat while gasping for air, "It's still attached...she did not hack it off with that sword of her's!"

Tee-Kay sits up on the next couch over from Truck, slowly swings his legs over it's edge. Then he starts to 'hug' himself, as he rocks back and forth and shakes or shivers like a cold Chihuahua, "That laughing she did, that evil laughing...laughing...it came from everywhere...laughing...she loved it all...she made fun of us...this was a game to her...all a game!" he says more than wide-eyed to the others in the room with him.

Willie finally stands up, the boy with acid skin power and staggers towards the door nearest to his couch. But turns back to the room, when he hears Tee-Kay speak about the laughing, "GOD all she did was laugh at us...laugh all the time. Then she hit me so hard with a thumb, A FUCKING THUMB!...that all my bones turned to dust! Who does that?" he questions the viciousness of the act with a shout.

Bloodwolf was the last to stand up, he looked, felt, searched over his body and found nothing amiss? But Willie still stared at him for a second then asked him, "I am sure that Counterpoint and his guts, they sure felt far better? Than Rohanna skinning Bloodwolf like a rug!...Right Bloodwolf?" Willie asks the Were, but all he gets is a deep mean growl in reply from the wolfboy.

Everheart overlooks the results of the carnage at hand, "In Counterpoint's case...that was not 'guts' Those were entrails to use the correct term and they are over twenty-five feet long on average! But Rohanna, she did seem to find some extra length in that sim somehow?" she has to chuckle a little at the pain the large bully is having today at Rohanna's hands.

Counterpoint finally finds his feet and is handed a small container by a tech, for any farther 'needs' his stomach may have, "Was that fair Mrs. Everheart? You must have turned Rohanna's side up more than a little or ours down?"

"I changed none of the settings from what would happened in the real world...admit it to yourselves...she beat the CRAP out of all of you! She played with you and let you all off easy."

A still shocked and shivering Tee-Kay stares at the Admiral...Everheart, "That was her playing? All that laughing was for real?"

"Yes...she did the same thing in a sim versus the Dragonslayers, the first week she got here."

"She did a 'crash' sim alone?" Willie asks from the doorway, with more than shock and surprise playing across his face at the thoughts.

"Alone and beat it."

(author note: On 'crash' sims, during finals week. All students do a match, sim or fight as a test, to see how well their skills are progressing. The 'crash' is a roll of the dice and places a un-winnable scenario at the students feet. The most basic and hardest one available, is the Dragonslayers, a combat team made to kill mutants! In most cases, the instructors have to 'fit' a crash to the student to make sure they fail...a harsh lesson)

~o~O~o~

Friday March 30, 8:15 pm
Poe cottage

Everheart did not even dare ask me a question after that Sim match, she could tell I was mad as hell and talking to me right now was a bad idea. All of the other elves, were barred from watching the match over live video at the time. So all of them left to get my room set-up for a victory party, but Gwen stayed till I was out.

When I come out of the Sim dressing rooms doors, I am greeted by a smiling evil little elf. "How did it go?" Gwen questions me.

"I hated every minute of that, I know they needed to get beaten bad. But what I had to do this, to show them that chasing after me and fighting against me is a losing idea. I still hated it though."

"It's Okay Ro? Lets just forget this and go have fun with our friends?"

"Yes, I like that idea. We earned it."

Just as we get outside the building, Gwen smiles at me, "Lets get going and port!"

"Naww...lets walk this out. I need time to think."

As we walked toward Poe, that stabbing pain came back into my head and set painful fire behind my eyeballs again. I shook it off as best I could, with some mental discipline. Then kept on walking to our destination, because I did not want to ruin this small bit of fun for me or my friends.

~"You're in pain Ro, please Stop and get help?"~ Violet pleads to me over the din of the throbbing.

~"I am fine, just a little pain my small one."~

~"I know...darn it...it's not small. Go get help from their human healer or the Grove?"~

~"Soon...soon. See it fades even now?"~ I mentally say to her, as the pain lessens a little bit.

When Gwen and I enter my room. Rascal, he hands us both a large plate of pizza and various potato dishes. I do a tired plop on to my bed and relax. Bree goes to get a movie set-up and it starts playing.

During that movie opening scenes, that throbbing hits me again and my head fills with pain again. My face lays in my hands after I put my plate down and I am trying to push that pain out of my head.

Rhia taps me on the shoulder suddenly, "Lets go outside and look at that?...Shall we?"

"What...look at what?"

"Violet told me you were in pain just now and since I am the team healer. I have to take care of you...right?" she leads me to the answer she wants to hear.

Rhia leads me out my door out to the sunroom and we sit on the first open couch. Then she places both hands on my head and reaches out to see what's wrong with me. I just have to growl a little at Violet now, "You told her?"

"Yes you're darn right I told her!" she shouts at me from her standing on the couches high back, "My job is to take care of you, even when you won't listen to me....Remember the rule! Always listen to your Pixie...we care for you!"

"She is right Rohanna, she does care for you indeed!" Rhia laughs at me.

"Just heal...healer?" I eyeball her meanly.

"Well I did not find anything wrong with you? That is strange?"

"Nothing Rhia, nothing at all?" Violet questions her.

"Yes Violet. But when did this start Ro?"

"About a week or so back!" Violet answers for me.

"Did she go to the doc?"

"Yes and they found nothing then too?" Violet keeps answering for me.

"Strange, very strange? Either healing magic or human tech finds some cause for pain like this? But finding nothing is bad."

"So what should we do healer?" she asks for me again.

"I would go to Doc Tenent and tell her about this tomorrow?"

"I will drag her there myself!" Violet glares at me and warns me of her intentions tomorrow morning!

~o~O~o~

Saturday March 31, 10:15 am
Poe cottage

Ahh Saturday! One of the few times I actually have been able to GET to my costuming class, last time I was here in class. I spent most of my time learning how the computer aided clothing designer worked. But this morning, I am left on my own to get my personal projects done!

When I was settled into class, I yanked out my crafting tool box and selected out from it what was needed for the day. Once all my tools were set and my project laid all out. Now I eased back into a nice chair in the class and embroidered a few more spells into one of my less complete suits of leather armor.

This one was made of a type of snake that is long dead now, but had great defense to slicing attacks! So I decided to restart on it, as I had never finished it ohh so long ago.

As I am adding a new part of a shielding spell to the armor's left arm, I have to chant the whole spell over and over when I finish up each symbol of the spell and add essence to the symbol at the end of each step.

When Mrs. Ryan hears my chant, she stops to hover over me and examines my work, "What are you doing there Miss Leigh?" she questions my project.

"Ma'am, I am embroidering a permanent spell, into this armor with my Mithril thread. Is there a problem with it?"

"No, just very unusual is all?" she says to me, as she picks up the other arm of the armor and examines it closer now, "What is this...snake skin?" she questions me, while running a hand over it's smooth surface.

"Yes, it's claw cobra."

"A what, never heard of it?"

"It's been extinct I am sure since the sundering? But think of a Medusa or Nagga, that is less human looking and has long arms that end in very sharp claws."

"Interesting, do you have more of this skin?"

"Nope this is my last piece of it, I used to claws to make a nice dagger with and the other bits...well lets not get into what they can be used for?" I smile to her.

"Miss Leigh?" she questions on, "This armor looks a bit small for you?"

"It's not, this skin stretches quite a bit. But I am making this for Gwen over there as a gift...so shhhhh!"

"Nice gift there, any other plans for spells on this armor."

"Ohh that I keep to myself and will only tell Gwen, when I finally give it to her!"

~o~O~o~

Saturday March 31, 12:05 pm
Whateley Academy

After costuming class lets out, I was headed over to Crystal for lunch. But that pain suddenly hit me very hard again and I actually had to sit down because of it.

Violet hovered in my face, as I tried hard to shove my eyes back into my head with the heels of both palms from that throbbing. She then barked at me as I cradled my face again, "You're going to that healer...Tenent RIGHT now!" she demands of me.

"Yes...yessss I am going!" I shout and port off to Doyle.

~o~O~o~

Saturday March 31, 12:20 pm
Doyle medical center

While sitting on the med clinics bench waiting for Tenant to get to me, the red warning light flashes over the main nurses station its message 'Incoming ambulance, Red flag all students in five minutes' That means a person that has no idea that this school or hospital is for mutants is coming very soon.

The head nurse moves quickly to grab my arm and guide me to a exam room in the back of the emergency center "Stay in here please, Tenent will be with ya soon honey!" and she is gone.

After I get fully bored to death, Doc Tenent comes into my room with a slight knock, "Well I am told you're having headaches again?"

"Yes, they are back and as painful as ever."

"Well lets get a scan done and see if we find anything this time?"

Tenent does several full body scans on me and comes up empty on all of them. Just like the last time? She draws some of my blood and I do my regular thing to make sure it's inert.

"I'll send this off to the lab and see? But last time Rohanna, you told me that you have no memories of ever getting sick as a Drow?"

"None, those who did get sick ma'am...they died." I say rather flatly.

"From being sick?"

"No, from being executed as being weak."

"You never told me that, the Sidhe back then could not be that harsh...could they?"

"Yes they were...very harsh. Especially when dealing with us Drows."

"I will leave that for Alfred to talk to you about later. But have you noticed anything strange with this?"

"I so far it seems, that this pain never happens in the Grove or when I go far off campus or lastly inside the magical arts building? But just outside of it...lots of times so far?"

"Humm heavy wards may block this, that sounds environmental or someone is messing with ya and breaking lots of rules in doing so!"

"So it might be something on campus or some student messing with me?

"I am going to send you up to see doc Bellows on this, maybe he can find something else that I can't?"

~o~O~o~

With a little shooing on her part, she gets me going upstairs to Doc Bellows's office and as I open the door. I spot Doogie at his usual spot, "Do you live here or something Doogie?"

"Yep, I sleep under the desk! My room at Poe is just window dressing for now." he laughs at me.

"Please tell me that he is not in, this crap interrupted a growling stomach of epic proportions! AKA I am hungry!" I whine at him.

"He's in...So get on in there, then you can eat sooner!"

"Thanks, you're such a genius at things like this. I would have just stood here all day figuring that out!"

When I open the office door, a voice coming from inside shocks me...Bill is in there and he is talking to Bellows? Why is that, am I in real trouble here, did they find something on those tests and then told me to come up here to tell me the bad news?

As I close the doors behind me, I ask both of them in what can be called a not too happy voice, "What's all this about?"

"I asked Bill to come over today, after I heard that your headache had returned. He and I have been talking a lot about you, after Aunghadhail died this past week."

"Yes I am sure of that, so what of it and should I sit? Or should I get ready to run?" I ask more of Bill, than Bellows by my lingering stare falling on Bill by far more.

"Why would you ask that again, both of us have told you this more than once. You are not going anywhere!" Bill barks at me.

"Sorry, I am just so messed up at times. I just expect to get lied to and have some sort of punishment waiting at times?"

"Well in this office that does not happen at all, we don't need lies to invade the safety this office offers all who come here for it's safe place."

"Okay...thanks sir." I say, as I sit in a chair next to Bill and Violet perches on the high chair's back to watch over the room for me.

"I think Bill might have come up with why you are so messed up, he saw it the day Aunghadhail passed on and then even more at his home with you. You even admitted to it?"

"What is that Bill?"

"I know why you are always trying to get killed? With or without that darn book's influence, that Sara told me of. You feel that you should have died too...why did I survive?...it's that single thought going through that Drow brain of yours most of the time."

"What makes you say that! What I am mad at, is I always get left behind and those I care for move on? But that..." I can't say the next word...it's a lie and I know it.

That word or idea is 'No' or 'not me!' or 'I would never think that'...just anything 'no'...related.

"See, you can't even say 'no' to the thoughts? That curse not to lie, it stopped you cold!" Bill says to me and lays a hand on mine.

"Stop that!" I demand.

"Am I right?"

"Stop using my curse against me, I hate when others do that to me!"

"Darn it Ro, admit it to yourself. You thought as a Drow all this time...'why me?' Then I am just sure you thought more than once...'Why me', as a human when your parents died. You were never given time off to think on either death, or this thing with Aunghadhail. You have no idea on how to cope with it, besides lashing out...hoping something gets ya dead! I saw this same SHIT from my buddies over there in the sand box...Damn it!" Bill pleads with me.

"I have other things...stuff that...mess me up too! Not just that?"

"Tell us then Rohanna?" Bellows asks.

"I can't... just...just can't!" I stutter out.

"Well Sara told me more about this 'book' that holds you to do certain acts. I still think you have a issue with surviving all this time?" Bill adds.

"I really don't want to talk about this...not right now?"

"It might help you out a little?" Bill asks me softly.

"Lets start with the most recent loss then? Lets talk about those human parents?" Bellows asks me while relighting his pipe.

"No...lets not do that!"

"I know it's a hard spot, but try please? Tell us that one thoughts you had that day?"

"I should have been there!"

"Where?"

"The car, if I was there maybe...maybe they would still be here?"

"Or you dead and some of these kids around here. They may need you being here...at the right place, the right time?" the doc says to me.

"I guess, but if I was there? Maybe I would have drove the car and seen what was coming? I was a way better driver than dad was or mom. Even though I was only eighteen! Or maybe we would have been delayed...just enough?"

"Stop doing that to yourself Ro!" Bill orders me, "I used to do that too, fate is fate! The clock or the bullet, it don't care what you want!"

"Okay...I guess I can?"

"No, you just do it!" he orders me again, "One day at a time, you just do it!"

"I agree with Bill, one day at a time. What is done, is all gone and you have lots of days to come still. Far more than Bill or I have to worry about now?"

"Rohanna think about this a little? If you had not been there, Sara, Donna and four kids would be dead. As all those weapons were made just to kill her! So that attack was going to happen, no matter what?" Bill reasoned with me.

"Yes I have to agree with that, me not being here and at that place. More lives would have been lost, those four, Sara, Donna and others."

"See, we all need ya or things will get very boring around here!" Bill laughs at me.

"Yep we need ya! But lets leave that for a little later on? I prefer to take small steps in regards to old wounds like this. So I hear from Ophelia, she tells me you have a headache and she can't find a reason for it medically?"

"I guess so...I am not a healer, I have no idea?"

"Well I don't do mental scans well at all and Sara is not here to do it? The only one I trust to help you with this, is a person if I recall right? You came real close to blasting part of the building up when he showed up here in this office?"

When I think about who that is, that dagger that I normally spin on my fingers when I get nervous. It 'pops' to my hand and it begins that path of spinning around my fingers.

Bellows glances at my hand, the one just out of sight of Bill and notices the blade spinning from one finger to the next, "I can make a guess by that blade showing up, you know who I am talking about then?"

"What blade is that?" Bill questions.

"That one," Bellows points with his pipe at my right hand, "Rohanna here, when she gets more than nervous, it shows up and she spins it on her fingers."

Bill has to stand for a second and sees what Bellows is referring too. He takes a few moments to watch the blade play on it's path spinning or falling all over my hand.

"So can I bring FUBAR in for this?"

"You know darn well I don't like him!" I hiss out.

"Ro, tell me why you don't like this Doctor, that Bellows is referring too?" Bill asks me.

"Mr. Geintz, he feels just like the Mythos when they attacked your mind...just like them...exactly like them!" I shiver at the thoughts.

"Can we try this out once Rohanna?" Bellows asks me.

"I am SO not sure of this?"

"If it can help, give it one try Ro?" Bill gently encourages me.

My free hand lets go of Bill's, then I rub my face with it and gulp a little from my growing apprehension, "I guess we can try a little bit?" I nearly choke on the words in fear.

In a few minutes, I feel that 'dread' enter the room with us and his form wavers into to sight, "Hello Rohanna, I hope I can help you?" Mr. Geintz says to me.

I have to shake my head even more now at this all, "Ohhh I am not so sure of this?...Now that I can really feel you again, Gaea you feel so much like one of them! Even Sara has a less strange feeling tan you and she has even been in my head, then add SHE IS A Mythos GOO!"

"Wow even I can feel how put off you are Ro!" Bill admits to the three of us.

"Yep...I am!"

"What did you want to do last time you met him?" Bill just has to ask me.

"Gut him like a fish and blast the building he is in to rubble! Then I might feel better about it?"

"So maybe doc, this is a bad idea? Because Ro sure seems to feel it is?" Bill warns Bellows.

"If we can try just once, just a little one, to see what this pain you're having this week grows from?"

"Okay?" I say most reluctantly, "But if I even whisper...no...or stop...this stops right then!"

"Agreed." Bellows states to me, then turns to his buddy, If you would Louise?"

"You ready miss Leigh?"

"Just a sec?" I ask.

~"Violet...if he hurts me?"~

~"I kill him, if it takes the whole Grove to do it! You know that!"~ she mentally tells me the fact.

"I ask one thing of all here?"

"Yes what is that Rohanna?" Bellows asks me, then leans forward a bit more in his chair, to show he is intently listening to me.

"I want both of you to promise me, what happens here...stays in here...forever?"

"The law already states that?" Bellows tells me.

"Ahh but there are many loopholes in that law...I want a word of honor above that...I demand it now? You three can discus it in here and alone. But that's it!"

After I get what I wanted, no needed out of them. Mr. Geintz's form goes to stand behind me, "Here goes, please stop me if this does not feel right?" and then even though he does not need to, he places his two hands on my head.

"Ohh you bet I'll stop ya...don't worry about that!"

Just as he starts his probing, I feel a WHOLE lot of apprehension, then sheer panic that I hold in check as he goes lightly over my thoughts. When he delves in deeper and deeper. He sounds out to me, "Strange? There is a mental wall inside her that makes 'the great wall of China' look like a picket fence?"

"Please don't even think to touch that, it could go very bad for you and me!"

"What's past that...do you know?"

"Yes...that's all I can say? Ask me any more about it and you have to stop!"

"Humm I can understand that, let's keep going?"

He keeps going deeper with a nod to me, but seems to find nothing of note and nothing wrong physically or physic intrusion being done on me by someone else.

In my head I can 'feel' him moving around and when he gets too close to the thing I can't speak about. I had to warn him off, its a good thing he took the warning I gave to him as the truth and moved away from that Geas of mine or the Books influence. Both do not like outside interference, Sara saw that and I might have to hurt him to stop him or die myself!

Louise's continued probing, it feels like a oily wet tongue to me. Licking it's way over my brain and it leaves a trail of thick slim behind in it's passing. I start to cringe at that 'wet' feeling even more now. That old feeling of what was only in that fight, ohh so long ago, it starts climbing to the top of my mind and I am FREAKING out now!

"ICK! just stop now!" I demand and shoot up out of my chair to shiver off that feeling, then shake my body at the revulsion of it, "Gaea! That felt weird...leave me alone!" I start crying at him, as new tears start streaking down my face.

Bill comes over to me and gives me what he is sure I needed just then, Another person hugging me and making me feel safe, "Hey it's all over and no more of that!"

"Well doc find anything, as I am sure that was going to be your only time in her head forever?" he asked the apparition.

"I found nothing really off, that black wall inside your mind was very interesting?" Louise admits to us.

I stare meanly at him and have to warn him again, "Mr. Geintz, Dr. Bellows...don't ever ask about that again! It can get bad if you do, I can not stop what lays behind that!"

"Okay, we will not pursue that. But I found nothing wrong outside of her mind and I am sure no student can get past the defenses she already has! As to any other interference from an outside attacker that might have caused that pain, I found nothing at all. I did note a small line of influence at a very high level, one that I have never seen before and that might be your Pixie companion doing that?"

"I am sure it is? But we are done for the day! I am hungry and way too upset to talk anymore right now. So I am going to lunch." I yank on Bill's arm now to get him moving, "lets go eat now Bill...Please?"

~o~O~o~

Bill watches me clean my third plate in this meal or ravenous feeding! "You seem better now?"

"Yes, but I hated that. You guys have no idea, you have to think horror movie bad to understand that feeling I just had!"

"I saw that, I have never seen you so scared or revolted by anything so far like that?"

"Please lets just drop that for a good time to come?"

"Done, all you have to do is ask me?" he smiles at me.

After we both finished eating, Bill walked with me back towards Poe. Along the way he kept to that theme of his visit, "So you see now why I was so concerned for you? In my past I had seen many a battle buddy of mine, do exactly what you're doing."

"Yes I sort of understand it?"

"I hope so, I saw you getting more and more dangerous. Or running toward danger in many forms, like that bike for example. Who gets a bike that goes over two hundred...its not sane?"

"Lots of people ride?"

"Not like you do I am sure!" he laughs at me.

"You saw that?"

"Sure I did, Sam sent that kind of crazy right over to Bellows...What was recorded on your helmet cam before it went 'black' for no reason?" he winks at me.

"Why did Everheart do that to me!" I ball my fists in anger at her.

"She wants to keep ya around? That squid, she likes having someone around who shoots better than her...to keep her sharp!"

When we arrive at Poe's main entrance, Bill stops and give me a slight hug, "Well I am not going in, don't want to embarrass ya with the other 'daddy' bit or big bro, coming inside stuff!"

"Cya later Bill!"

~o~O~o~

Sunday April 1, 9:20 pm
Poe cottage

I spent most of Saturday after that session with Bellows, quietly in my room pondering what was said by me and most of all by Bill. What comes to my thoughts that night is that Bill, he might be right on his opinion on my being more than hell bent on getting killed? But that is what life has laid out before me, has it not?

But for most of Sunday, I spent the day studying in my room or the sunroom. I have to get all of the 'ethics in magic' course reread, as I have a huge test on it next week. But what was really funny to me all day, was that no one had tried a April fools joke on me since what I had done to Belle. By my placing her bed on top of Crystal hall, that one morning...Maybe it was the map of the world I left out today, with all the large 'domes' of the world noted as landing spots for those who crossed me that did that?

When night had finally come, I fell exhausted down the stairs to Sara's room and knocked. A somewhat less upset demon answered the door with a grin to me, "What brings you down tonight?" she purred to me.

"Well Sara, I have to ask you this?"

"Yes, love?"

"Did you really buy some of that candy that Ayla had, the ones that made me goofy?"

She giggles an admission to me, "Yes I did, but not the fifty pounds I said. I was only able to get five, as that stuff is darn rare and expensive!"

"Great, I will be right back!" I sing and port off quickly to grab my stuff for the night from my room.

Once back, I saunter into Sara's room and Violet goes to find a nice spot on a shelf of Sara's desk. Sara spots that new Landing spot of Violet's and find it more than strange, as I drop my bag of needs on one of her chairs.

"Your letting Violet stay in my room tonight?"

"Why yes, since she and I bonded. She has protections from what's in this room via me now. Then add to that since we bonded, we never go anywhere separately anymore."

"That's very interesting, what is it like?"

"She is there for me and I her. We try to balance each other now? I maybe leaning on Violet more right now, but later on she will lean on me I am sure!"

"Good to hear that you have someone that is there for you with a thought! I hope that helps you out where I can't?"

"I does, but where is that candy! I need something to ease this bad week in my mind?"

"Humm might be a bad idea there?"

"Naww, think of this as me having a beer on Friday night!"

"But you have class tomorrow?"

"So after what Bellows did to me Saturday via FUBAR and that brain probe of his, I deserve this!"

"Okay, but just one for now?" she pulls a hidden box of that lovely candy from a drawer in her desk and opens the box to me.

Before she can even say another word to me! My hand snaps out, quickly grabs no less than six from the box and three of them pop into my mouth. That smooth sweet taste of chocolate melts all over my mouth and that feeling of 'bliss' overtakes my body quickly.

"Why did you do that! You took way too many of them?"

"Think of this as me hitting a bottle of scotch HARD! I need this little break in life, please?"

"But last time you lost all control of yourself?"

"Yes I did and you kept from taking advantage of it, even though I made it really hard on you and now I really trust you!" I have to grin evilly at her now, "So please lets just lay down in that warm bed, cuddle for now and if anything happens past that...I want it too!" I grin as the effects of the candy start to sway me.

~o~O~o~

Wednesday April 4, 7:40 am
Poe cottage

On Monday both of us had woke up late for class, but with on call to Bellows. Sara had that cleared up for me under exactly what I had suggested, Bellows had only made one demand of a sort...to call him first please?

But most of Monday was spent in hell, either I had a test to take in class or that headache would return to me in force. During one such attack, I had to go see Tenent again and just like the last times I saw her...nothing was found?

When Tuesday came, it came like a truck hitting me hard, that pain was back and this time it did not even wait for me to get going in the morning! My only respite I could find from it, was going out to the Grove at night. When I told Tenent and Bellows that little bit of new information. Things changed and I was told that FUBAR, with his Psychic 'dream team' defense class, they would look into this being something on their turf!

Late on Tuesday, I did notice something very strange? The throbbing in my skull seemed to get worse, when I was on certain parts of the campus? I had drifted in my walking around the campus, all evening and nailed it down to half of the campus. Just north of the quad and east towards the magic building. I tried to get a closer bearing? But the pain was killing me, so I retreated to Grove for the night to rest up.

Once morning had come, I walked slowly out of the Grove and again that stabbing pain started almost on the foot, that I passed the edge of what the Grove claimed as it's own. I had to find where it was coming from today, there was no other real option now? Either find it and stop it. Or leave the school, till it went away on it's own...if it ever did.

Since I wanted this chase to be perfectly legal, so that I did not get in trouble once again! I ported my way over to the Security office to see Everheart and get her on this with me.
After I told the desk sergeant what I basically needed...a talk with Everheart...he told me to go wait in her office.

When Everheart came into her office finally, she found me for all practical purposes trying hard to stop that growing pain again. I am trying everything now, from bashing my fist against my own skull, to pressing my eyes back into their sockets with the heels of my hands.

"Hi Rohanna, what's this visit for today?" she asks me closing her door and taking a seat behind her desk quickly.

I squint in pain at her, "I think this pain I have is not me, but someone on campus doing something? It might be just something gone wrong or somebody being funny!" I groan to her.

"I can see you're in pain there and I have heard some word of it? So tell me how you're sure it's coming from on campus?"

"Well it goes completely away in the Grove, or if I go to...like LA or San fran?"

"Okay distance kills it and going to a place that does not exist in normal...space that the Grove is?"

"Yes, then add to that. It fades nearly completely inside Kirby hall and all it's heaviest magic wards that cover the practice rooms?"

"Well it looks like you narrowed it down for me, just as I would have expected from you...a complete, well thought out solution. Anymore to add?

"It seems to be most painful around Dunn hall? or the grounds around it. But once I get inside of Kirby hall, it drops suddenly as the wards go to work?"

"Have you gone into the Dunn building, to find exactly where this is coming from?"

"No I wanted you along...incase this went badly?"

"Good idea, I don't need you 'shish-kebabing' a student in retaliation from that pain, if you saw it as an attack on you personally. As I know that is one of your 'outs' from your oath. That you can defend yourself from attacks on your person, with deadly force."

"See Everheart, I am trying to live within your rules as best I can?"

"Yes and I thank you. As that leaves me with less paperwork to do!" she laughs at me.

I have to laugh with her and that seeing my getting better at coping with this school, as being nothing more than her having to do less paperwork!

"So Everheart, can we get going now? Because this pain is killing me so bad, that if we don't find it soon? I will have to leave here somehow, till it's all gone."

Everheart can see that I am holding back a vast amount of pain and that me complaining about it with what she knows about me...that is a very bad thing! She tells me to stay here, while she goes to organize a small squad, to help me search for where the center of this pain is coming from.

An hour later after my office visit started, we have easily covered all of Dunn hall and all it's above ground Bio labs. Now we venture down into the vast labyrinth of the 'tunnels' under most of the schools grounds. Some parts of this rabbits warn, are official and on maps. But most are unofficial and never mapped. There are even some parts of this maze, that no one has been in for decades!

For hours we wind our way deep within the tunnels, Gaea I hate every minute of it! This being underground never agreed with me. All of us turn left or right or around and around, as I try and use the pain in my head as a locator of some sort. Does it hurt more over here? Or back over there? Some of the rooms we come upon are locked, but luckily Everheart thought of this ahead of time and brought the best janitors the school had...Stan and Morrie. If they could not get it opened, then C4 explosives was the only answer from there!

~o~O~o~

Far above us in Melville cottage

A nearly crazy Belphoebe runs into her room and grabs Jobe her 'mother' by the shirt, "We gotta get going NOW!" she shrieks at her.

"What is it, you crazy child!" Jobe asks her clone made daughter.

"Rohanna, a dozen guards, Everheart, the two janitors Stan and Morrie...they are all prowling around the tunnels near our lab! She might be sniffing out what we...SHIT NO! I am not taking that blame...YOU are doing! I am not getting in trouble because of your strange ideas about girlfriends!" she shouts out now, realizing that Jobe has a weird sexual fixation on Drows!

"Shit they will ruin everything!"

"NO Rohanna will skin you alive for this!" Belfy corrects her.

"I have an idea! You go straight to the lab and turn it all off. That will stop what must be drawing her to it! I will go and lead them away from the lab area, while you do that?"

"And what's in it for me?" questions her motivation to do an act for Jobe now.

"Rohanna will be mad at you too for this! So I guess your skin girl!"

"Ahh no...I can just give in, then lead them all to YOUR lab and claim that as a 'give me'?"

"I'll reward you?"

"With what? Grandpa cut you off weeks back and disowned ya! You got nothing to offer me?"

"I'll give you what's in the two black bank accounts! That has to be at least three hundred thou?"

"I want the patent money on the razor spinners too and the bank accounts!"

"That will be millions in a few years! No I can't give you that much!"

"Then good luck at being a rug for her dorm room!" and she starts to the door.

"Where are you going now? This is a crises situation!"

"Me? I am going to go lead people to your lab and make sure I am out of this!"

"FINE, you can have the patents then!"

"Okay sign for it and make the transfer right now? Or I am going!"

Jobe sighs in defeat, his or her daughter has been hanging out with She-beast far too much and now knows the art of the deal. Then add to that, she knows that till it's on paper...it does not exist!

Jobe jumps to her computer, then very quickly makes the transfer of patents out legally to Belfy and hopes that later on she can sway or scam the kid out of them!

"Done!" Jobe shouts at her, "Now get going!"

After that shout, Belfy runs out of the building via one of the connecting tunnels far below it and enters the maze of tunnels. Jobe is only inches behind her and when Jobe sees a way to lead the search team off in a random direction, she splits off from Belfy's path.

Belfy keeps to her mission, one that will pay very well today! She knows where her destination is and knows many routes to it. She does not wait for lights to turn on or use them in her run. Her Elvin eyes peel the darkness way with ease.

Along the way she has to change her route a few times, as she saw parts of search team that Rohanna was leading in her path. She makes it to the lab just in time, she knows they are only minutes away from this room.

Belfy gazes into the large cylinder that is her main concern, within its metal tube. she sees through the glass, large object floats in a green bio gel she knows all too well. This is the very same type of gel, she floated in before being alive and here!

She goes to the main panel of the cylinder and starts to charge up the cleaning and disposal system of lasers inside it. Once they charge and she hits the main switch the tanks contents will evaporate to nothing in seconds!

~o~O~o~

As we all search for the cause of this pain of mine, it grows and grows! I have to stop at a pillar of concrete and lean against in my pain, as it gets so bad. the pain grows once more and I pound my head on the concrete in a vain attempt, to get the agony to stop.

"Can you go on Rohanna?" Everheart asks me, then ties to keep me steady on my feet.

"I have to, this gets done now or the pain might get worse and I never get this done!"

"You want to rest up or have me get medical for you?"

"No, none of the drugs they have work on me. So why call them here?"

Just after I said that, I spot Jobe trying to hide down the dark passage...but not really hide well? I find that strange and point him out with a shout, "Jobe you rat! This had not better be you or I will make your death take decades!"

I start after her in the darkness with Everheart and a few others close behind me. But after a few hundred feet of running down a dark tunnel? I notice something strange, something had changed? I am going away from what seems to be causing my pain, Jobe is leading me away from it!

"STOP, Jobe is making us chase her and leading us all off from something back there!" I shout and spin on my heels, going back to where we just came from.

Everheart barks out to the men following close behind us, when I turn back, "Go get Jobe and have her brought to me...git!" she waves to two men of our search team.

I run down several dark tunnels, twisting every once awhile to get a 'feeling' to where I am going to. After a few more twists and turns. My nose picks up a sent...Belphoebe! "Belfy if I find you knew about this, all this time...I will hurt you bad!" I growl out in the darkness of the tunnel.

Now with a scent aiding me in this chase, this has become a very easy search. Belfy always wears far too much perfume and reeks of it! I come upon a locked door and can hear machinery coming from behind it and the heavy terrified breathing of an elf!

"Belfy, open this door now!" I shout blindly at the door, as I pound harder on it!

When I hear nothing from her, I leap up in the air to give that door a vicious kick and send the door flying into the room, now shattered in pieces. I spot Belfy across the room as she stands at a control panel of a very large cylinder and she makes a quick move to operate many buttons on it.

Once she looks like she is finished, the cylinder's glass front opens up. But the machine doing that new function surprises her, then she leaps over to it and tries to keep the sliding glass in it's front closed with both of her hands, "Stay closed you silly thing, why aren't you in cleaning mode!" she shouts in vain at it.

When the door opens enough, green goo washes out of the cylinder and covers the floor. Luckily a drain in the floor keeps the mess from ending up as a flood, as hundreds of gallons flow from the large opening now to slosh onto the floor.

Something large slides to the bottom in the tube and even more lights shine on the cylinder's control panel. When Belfy spots those light turning on, one by one and other indicators coming to life, "NO not that, stop you stupid machine!" she shouts at it and bangs on a large red knob trying hard to stop the machines madness..

What ever was in the tube, now coughs out a gout of green goo and leans up to a sitting position. I glare at it's moving, my body goes stiff and I can't seem to move one single thing! Then it glances my way, my hands shoot up to my head in the sudden drilling pain I find myself in...then darkness.

To call it darkness, would mean I knew what dark was? But even that is gone. To call it nothing, meant I knew of something?...this place was past even that!

~o~O~o~

--SEPARATOR--

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
260 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmm, sounds like

Sammi's picture

the magics of the book were causing Ro pain, we already know blood magic was involved in the making of both, we also know Jobella has a thing for Drow, Clones, but cloning Ro would clone the book.

Jobella, is the type to discount things that have no explanation or even not care if it stands in her way.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

Hmmmmm squared

Could the new Drow be an incarnation of the book?

Not an-

Sammi's picture

-other incarnation of the book, but the power the book has over Ro, would be the same as the clone due to the magics used during Ro's creation, and as a good portion is keyed to Ro's blood....

But here is why I think that Ro was in so much pain, Originaly Ro was either conscious or semiconscious during her creation so understood the consequences of going against the rules as written in the book.
The clone is by definition a copy genetically so the rules of the book still apply, but the clone doesn't have Ro's memory so deviation from the rules causes punishment/pain.
Also Ro may have learned some ways of altering the boundaries of the rules within the rules to allow her to do what she was created for, where as the clone is a blank slate and the rules would be black and white.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

The twin

Finally I got to know where Ro's twin came from. I have wondered about that since I read 'The way of the dragon' many months ago. I almost thought that would happen when Ro was almost sliced in two when she got stabbed by the mythos sword in one of the previous parts.

No I'm looking forward to see how Ro will cope with the newborn drow. What mindset will she have?

I love your stories and how you are continuing to write about Ro's life almost day after day. Shadowsblade way the one who lead me to the Whateley universe and is still my favorite character. So I hope that there is still much to come about her.

Drow telepathy with the pain

Drow telepathy with the pain of rapid growth and the fact that even in time as the Drow side of Ro has been perceiving it, it has been a while since she has felt another in the network, and I am sure that the fact that they both have essentially the same MAC address doesn't help matters.

being attacked

the bullies got off lucky, honestly. Hopefully that's a lesson for them ...

DogSig.png

Awesome

Ahh the second Drow makes her appearance, a clone - a twin - of Rohanna, but without her history. I'm not sure the rules of the book will apply to the clone, I believe they are part conditioning started at birth and then magically applied and bound. As Sara saw there are two parts - the knight and the mage - and the mage said "My spells have never failed to act" whereas the knight represented the oaths Rohanna gave. Technically the oaths are null and void as all the people she gave them too are long dead, but the spells are what keeps her bound.

The clone has given no oaths nor has any spells binding her.

These are going to be interesting times.

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.

close

shadowsblade's picture

close someone above is so close!

hummmm?

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

I don't believe I would want

I don't believe I would want to be in either Jobe's or Belfy's shoes once Everheart or Ro get finished with them. They will only wish they were punished by Mrs. Carson, by the time those two are done.

What really hurts Jobe

Jobe is a twisted sort of person and the way to hurt him is through his creations. Belphagore really hurt the Jobester when he stole the process and created Belphy. Major blow there when the lardy one stole his process and screwed up by putting a copy of his mind in the body. Making Jobe do detention in Hawthorne will be a hit to his pride, making him give up the clone and a number of his inventions will hit him where it hurts and a smackdown between our favourite Drow and the Wannabe Drows will result in mayhem, massive injuries that will heal over time and a millennia long feud as both sides are immortal.

Ro and cliffhangers

Oh no!!! Another great chapter that leave me hanging!.... . : (

Another type of chemically engineered Sidre?

alissa

Loving all my readers input,

shadowsblade's picture

Loving all my readers input, some of this has even gave me ideas and thought for other plots to come.

Thanks all, more will post soon!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Cloning

Been thinking about the clone of Ro, and I think the headaches Ro was experiencing were a result of the clone actually "downloading" Ro. Rather like reading a hard drive and making a duplicate. The closer Ro got, the better the connection and the worse the headache. Without going back to find chapter and verse, I seem to recall that the drows like her had a form of mental link. That would faciliate the connection between the two.

I also suspect that this ability was not what Jobe intended. He may have thought to get a basic drow operating system but I doubt he intended a complete copy of Ro. That would result in his perfect drow hating him as much as Ro does.

I also believe that having a perfect copy of Ro's brain would include all the compulsions and controls installed in Ro. In essence they would be perfect twins. The clone (Ro2?) would be capable of independent action but they would work together like a well-oiled machine. In the same situations they would react the same, which would make them a formidable duo.

Furthermore, I suspect the total sensory deprevation at the end is actually Ro2's brain coming online. It would probably take a bit for Ro2 to connect with her body, however long that might take. But having a mental link to Ro1 would negate the problems inherent in sensory deprevation. In fact, Ro1 would be able to assist Ro2 in settling in, cutting the time it would take for her to get full sensory and motor control.

Hey, ya know, they could probably make good money doing Doublemint Gum commercials! ;-) Their appearance would add an exotic feel. "A long day of killing goo monsters goes much better with a stick of Doublemint Gum! Double your pleasure, double your kills, with double good, double rich Doublemint Gum!"


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I love input from my readers

shadowsblade's picture

I love input from my readers like this!

so many juicy ideas and plots to use in this!

thanks stuff like this keeps me writing.

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Why doesn't anyone learn?

Jamie Lee's picture

What is it with those jackasses that they have it in for Ro? They start a fight that gets their heads handed to them, aren't satisfied and end up getting their heads handed to them again in the arena. They still aren't satisfied and go into a sim and get gutted. First two times by Ro and friends, third time by Ro herself.

The only reason they weren't all killed the first two times was because of a promise Ro made. These guys need to realize, real quick, they need to leave Ro alone. Without that promise, they would all be dead meat. None of they are a match to Ro.

Jobe and Belfy need to find a rock to hide under, or another dimension. If they aren't skinned by Mrs. Carson, they will be by Ro. If she can get her hands on them. Or if the pixies get their hands on them.

Others have feelings too.

Ah yes,

I remember this story when it was a standalone on BCTS, It came across as as a disjointed piece then,Now Isee it has been integrated into a larger whole, much better!