The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 17

Comments

Awesome chapter Snow I just

Awesome chapter Snow I just love your stories
Thanks :)

Late Night Princess

Another exciting chapter, can't wait to see how it turns out.

I also love your Stories and Wolfjess's as well

LNP Chapter 17

Isn't it unusual what the religious extremists use to justify their actions. We are all the same, entitled to a chance at life, the way we see it to be. Yet other people say that we should do as they say, even if we know it is wrong and not right for us. I am sure Dawn will emerge with her life intact, and the others sent back to their pitiful life.
Great chapter
Hugs
Francesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

People like the caller are

People like the caller are NOT following God's word; because they do not believe in the word His Son spread which LOVE. They strictly believe in forcing others to their will and oh, let's not forget, the giving of the almighty dollar at all costs. THAT is their real god.
Even though she was wrong to do so, I am glad that Dawn gave the caller an earful. He or she deserved it.
Also very glad Dawn now has the backing of the entire school administration (that counts) and the District Superintendent. Plus a couple of doctors who definitely count for being in her corner.

There is this problem

with religion. (Not just Christianity - all of them. Including Atheism.)

Each of us creates God in our own image, or in an image of our own imagining, perhaps like our parent's image. I'm like everyone in this regard, except that my God is fairly reasonable. In particular She does not insist that She is the One True God and so does not insist that everyone must worship Her - or Him when she is in that mood.

And She does not claim to exist physically. (If she did I'd still be looking.)

"People like the caller are NOT following God's word"

The 'people like the caller' actually are following God's word. How do I know? Their God tells them so. And their God tells them them that they are Christians. And of course - they believe. As I watch people like this from my vantage point over here at the bar, it seems a lot like they are actually worshiping the preacher. They have made their God in his image.

Sigh.

Regards,
T

PS - great story Snowfall - thanks

It looks like the not so good

Sammi's picture

Reverend Terence Shaw, is going to end up with his plan back firing on him and end up a

REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER FOR LIFE!

but then as was said all he really cares for is $$$


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

The Reverend Terence Shaw

has forgotten that the word is spelled prophet is not profit

Puts me in mind of an old Steve Martin movie where Steve Martin was a minister for the "Church of divine Profit"

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Good to see so many

sugar_britches63's picture

It is good to see so many in Dawn's corner. Yes she will go thru many crying jags before getting it all under control, but once that happens it will be all good. I was glad to see that Angela may have come around a bit but I still worry about her as a whole. Charlie might slip up once but I hope not to the religious nut jobs. Overall another wonderful chapter. Now to wait till next Friday.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Typical pseudo Christian group....

D. Eden's picture

Led by an abusive pig who's only God is power - the kind that covet money, but only for the power and status it gives them. Should be selling used cars for a living.

It's unfortunate, but there seems to be more of them than people with enough sense to see through their screen of religious mumble-jumbo and bull shit. And they seem to cross all denominations and nations. I've seen them all over the world.

The real question is who's drinking the koolaide?

This story gets better every week, and we are obviously building toward a crisis. I can't wait to read it!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Another Eastville

Beoca's picture

These religious types don't know what they are getting in to. KVTX isn't going down easily. The God known as the Dollar is about to face a mighty reckoning. Shaw's not leaving this as a free man.

Angela appears to have turned around - hopefully this is indeed for real. I'll stay skeptical for another week or two, but she does show signs of trying to become a decent person. Her dealing with Tracy was perfect, though.

The Vortex Babe will end up doing just fine - her getting embarrassed seems to be therapeutic for Charlie.

Blake Shelton Is A Busy Man

jengrl's picture

Being a Country Music singer, a judge on " The Voice" and running a radio station! LOL! I get a kick out of all the famous name dropping for character names ! I love how Dawn gave that overrighteous zealot a piece of her mind . Those people aren't Christians. They're the Pharisee's that Christ rebuked for their hypocrisy and their lust for power and control . There is nothing that resembles love coming from them .

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

oops!

Alecia Snowfall's picture

OOOPS! little typo on Blake's last name. I am a natural blonde.....

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Shaw is nothing more

wolfjess7's picture

than a P.O.P. (post office preacher) like so many of these false Rabbi's he only sees dollar signs and not the true signs of the Word. I hope he gets what he truly deserves. A LONG time to study in a cloisterd cell supplied by the DOC.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Religious Nutters

I was a member of a very fundamentalist Christian sect and know how out of control they can get. I get angry when I hear of stuff like this.

OTOH, there are fine and gentle religious groups and I'm in one now. Increasingly, they are becoming aware of the science and that helps us a lot.

Nice episode.

Gwen

The US does to have a lot of

The US does to have a lot of church nut jobs plus guns .Glad I live in Weston Super Mare.Dawn is ace brilliant.Hope she stays safe.

no

Maddy Bell's picture

Weston Super Mare is Definately south west, middlle east would be Cambridge!


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

Well ...

... could perhaps be counted as Middle South West. Though it does have a big sandy beach IIRC - it's a long time since we rode the tandem along the prom :)

Robi

GRASSHOPPER

Thoroughly enjoying your writing, but I had to let you know that use of "grasshopper" as you have comes originally from 'Kung Fu' television series (1972-1975). BTW I don't know what 'Witchblade' is...

Rob.

Grasshopper

Alecia Snowfall's picture

I am referring to the pilot movie for Witchblade. Sarah suspects a trap, danny agrees that it is and says "Fore-warned, Fore-armed. Grasshopper." I knew not many would catch it, that's why I stated exactly what show I was referring to.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

but

Maddy Bell's picture

The line in Witchblade is a reference in itself to Kung Fu - it was a catch phrase we ran around using when I was in school!

Mads


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

Yep

Sadly there is always a generational loss of knowledge.

There are believe it or not people who have never seen (now) classic movies such as Sound of Music.

The modern movies these days just leave me cold. I just can't get into most modern movies as it is just more CGI then story most of the time. For me, I recognize that I really like the movie when I want to buy a disk of it and not surprisingly, most just don't make the cut.

Snowfall your story "The

Snowfall your story "The stations late night Princess" is absolutely wonderful. I look forward to reading it each week.

Willow

Grasshopper

joannebarbarella's picture

Was originally David Carradine in "Kung Fu". He played a young Shaolin monk.

I was in a pub once when somebody lost his grip on his drink which shattered on the floor and a smart wag immediately said "Ah! Glassdlopper!"

The religious extremists are of the same ilk as ISIS but haven't quite got the firepower.

You said it

A world full of Unitarians would be a joy by comparison. Though I must wonder what it would mean to be an 'extremist' Unitarian, or would that be an oxymoron?

The religious nutters truly hypocritical nature shines through when they ally themselves in the US with the Mammon oriented part of the Republican Reich-Wing to further make the common folk's life that much more trying. They should be natural enemies but here they are, in bed together.

That reminds me of a fuss in a pub one night

A man was punched, his nose broke and there was a lot of blood.
When the explanations came, apparently the 'victim' had fondled the 'unprovoked attacker's girl-friend's bum.

'Arsegloper' was the cry from most around.

Very good story

tmf's picture

wit bad weather ahead.
If I where M. Black, I'll change some stuff on the phone system.

  • Set it to always record incoming call with option to erase it at the end. With "No" as the time out default.
  • No direct access from the on air persons without the technician touch.

Hugs tmf

the sweet poison of fantasy

Alecia Snowfall's picture
"A world where everyone is equal and receives the same treatment. No such place exists. If there was a world of equality, where talent and aptitude didn't matter, we would all be equally snubbed there."
Tatsuya Shiba

 

"Reality is but a bitter pill to swallow yet fantasy is a sweet poison."
alecia Snowfall

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Late nite Princess

I don't know how to give a thumbs up but I love this story even more than I did Frills.

Another Awesome Chapter

in this yet another fantastic story from Snowfall. Dawn has some great support and it seems like at least Several of the top people at her school are going to be in her corner.
I have a feeling that the calls She is taking regarding the bullies and handing the redacted calls to the super are really going to help in more ways than She can count.
The Preacher and his cohorts are going to regret taking on the station I feel but I also think there's going to be a lot of trouble ahead.
I hope that She gets through without to much trouble but I fear that is not going to happen.
I see Angela seems to have matured a bit I hope it helps a lot nad she can get into a understanding with Dawn and regain the friendship, Although I feel the trust will take a while to come back.

Matt

Finding the Owner of the Station...

...shouldn't be any problem, though it'd be the corporation/LLC and not the individual that'd be named there. I'd guess that the name on the paperwork may or may not be the owner, if an attorney did the filing.

And the profanity involved in the Lawman's departure is probably on the record somewhere (though not at City Hall), even if the station paperwork is immaculate.

But coming after a radio station seems problematic; the station has a larger audience than the preacher does.

Eric

Re: "Finding the Owner of the Station..."

Finding the names of the owner/owners of a corporation is difficult or even impossible without a court order. Corporations usually regard shareholder lists as "privileged information" and refuse to provide a shareholder list without some kind of legal action. Also, "corporate owners" can be other corporations, a brokerage, a mutual fund, trusts, law firms representing clients, governments, dead people, foundations, etc. However, in California and most states, Corporations are required to file an annual statement listing the officers and directors of a corporation. All of the corporations that I worked for used the address of the corporation's headquarters for the address of the corporate officers and directors. Bottom line: It is easy to find the names and "an address" for officers and directors, but extremely difficult to find the name of the "owners" of a corporation.

Some "small corporations" or LLC(s) are really a one person or family business where the owner(s) are obvious.

These nuts not for squirrels

Jamie Lee's picture

Nice to see the number of people who are supporting Dawn and her decision. Especially the school administrators.

It was mentioned that a few teachers might object for one reason or another, but given the legality of Dawn's rights they could be fired if they don't comply with the law. They are allowed to have personal beliefs, but don't have the right to impose those rights on school children.

Oh great, another nut job fell from the sky which even a squirrel wouldn't touch. This one is so bad even fungus wouldn't grow on him; fungus do have standards ya know.

This flim-flam artist is going to cause trouble, plain and simple. All because his bank account is low. But is this AH really prepared for this encounter? Is he prepared for the backlash he's going to face? Is he prepared to face not only Marty and the guys at the station, but his congregation when they learn the truth? Hell will seem like a vacation when the congregation and everyone else gets through with him.

But who will get hurt worst before he gets a beat down?

Others have feelings too.

All caught up!

Read like most of the stormed in day but I had it off anyways so it was well spent.

This was an utterly excellent way to spend the day, and a really great chapter.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Taking over the station

Shaw can try to "take over the station" but what is he going to do, buy it from Blake? That will take a lot of his money to do that,

Plus, the station's popularity is based on the current on-air personalities so replacing them doesn't mean that anyone will still listen or that the sponsors will stay.

Shaw might as well start his own radio station from scratch. He might have better luck.

Danni R

One of myfavorite things this

One of my favorite things this time of year is ............a Snowfall !
Love how the phony Evangelist is attacking the station, and is a potential danger for Dawn.

Karen

Shouldn't....

... Cindy be known as a Vortex Vixen instead of the Vortex Babe? It's time for the flying monkey show to start isn't it! And there is no limit on the stupidity of those that blindly follow those people like Shaw that only see dollar signs, not lost souls that need saving. LOVE how Dawn is now thinking offense in stead of Defense, Wonderful work Snowfall!