When Worlds Collide part 3

Printer-friendly version

Part 3
Tracy

If Ronnie thinks I’m staying here in the car, she’s crazy! I wait until she’s gone inside and then I jump out and run to the diner and go in right behind her.

What are you doing? Asks Ronnie as I come up next to her. Well shit Ronnie for you being the smart NSA agent that you claim to be, I thought leaving me alone in the car if this was a trap was a bad idea ya know. They could have kidnaped me and you wouldn’t have known. I said with the sarcasm dripping off my words.

You realize the car is bullet proof she answers back I did learn a few tricks bitch she adds with a smirk.

Oh well I’m here now so have you found her yet?

Yes she’s in the back booth, guess we should head over there and see just what the hell is going on. Ronnie answered with a frown. I still don’t like this!

Yes it’s been noted the report captain. I laughingly reply.

We make our way over to the girl in the booth, the air gets sucked out of me. She looks just like Megan did the last time I saw her, well before she went home anyway. The long blue/black hair, steel blue eyes. I wonder if they get stormy when she gets mad? Don’t, don’t do that, I admonish myself she might totally be someone else, plus she looks maybe 25 and not the 33 that Mitch would be.

She stands when we come up to the booth and sticks out her hand, she’s very pretty the hair the eyes and if I had to guess quite the figure also. She was also extremely pale/white skinned, almost like a vampire, I wonder if she sparkles I kind of chuckle to myself. She’s about 5’10” a bit taller than Ronnie and I.

I take her hand and say hi I’m Tracy and this is Ronnie, the names seem to have no form effect on her. She has no idea who we are. The waitress comes over and takes our order we both get coffee and Megan says that the coffee that she has is fine. She returns a minute later and leaves us to our conversation.

I only go by Ronnie to two people and one is dead and the other one is right next to me so you can call me Veronica. Veronica spits.

Jesus Ronnie, who pissed in your cheerio’s this morning? I asked somewhat appalled at her attitude.

No one I don’t eat cheerio’s she replied just as pissy.

Megan let a smirk hit her lips as she said, good to know Veronica, I like you she chuckled.
I’m sure you’re just being cautious as you very well should be. You don’t know me and I don’t know you guys. So it’s ok but how about we try to be nice? Suggested Megan.

Ronnie pouted but shook her head yes. And then said, Ok so my first question is how did you know that phone number, and 2nd how did you know our names?

Well that’s a bit of a story and most of it is not important, at least the last year or so anyway. So I’ll give you the short version and hopefully it will ease your concerns and maybe I’ll get a few answers from you when I’m done. Replied Megan.
So about a year and half ago I woke up in my steel coffin, well it wasn’t really a coffin but it sure felt like one and for a minute I thought maybe vampires were real.

I see Tracy had that thought! She said as she caught my smirk and blush.

Anyway when I came to and got out of the casket I realized I was in some sort of military bunker that looked like it had been hit by an earth quake, there were four other boxes like mine only they were crushed and blood all around them so whoever was inside were definitely dead. As it was once I got out the ceiling above my coffin fell down smashing and burying it under a ton of concrete and steel. I explored the bunker found some clothes and some gear and tried to remember what the hell happened. It’s weird because I can do anything that someone of my age is supposed to be able to do, but if it pertains to me personally like my past or anything it’s gone, not a flicker of a memory. The only thing I did know was the first names of you two, Ronnie and Tracy along with that phone number I called you on. That’s it other than another name that I just assumed was mine because of I knew all of it first, middle and the last. The bunker was in Alaska I made my way here only because I couldn’t get your names and numbers out of my head, every time I would think I had pushed it out the thoughts came back with a vengeance. What if they know who I am, what if they are family and they think I’m dead or lost, so when I got here I called you. And that’s pretty much it.

I was hoping that when I saw you that something would click, or that you would know me and I could figure out who I was, but judging from your reactions that isn’t the case.

As I listened to her story I felt bad because of what would that feel like waking up all alone in a building like that everyone gone and no idea who you were? That would just be awful. I did have that picture on my phone from when we were kids maybe I should show her it and ask. Could it possibly be Mitch somehow he had a sex change and got amnesia or something, not that would explain the military bunker in Alaska but I could ask her right?

Fuck it, I’m asking. Um Megan don’t take this the wrong way or anything, I start, she looks at me like well I guess that’s probably how I’ll take it but go ahead. Ronnie is not happy I’m even here let alone talking. I load the picture on my phone and show it to her. My brother was military but he was also transgendered. Um is there any chance that you could be him and somehow got amnesia?

Um..? god I’m a doctor of psychology and that’s the way I’m going to talk to her I think to myself damn what a dumb ass.

Jesus Tracy, squawks Ronnie. You know full well this isn’t Mitch. She’s too young and Mitch was killed on a black op in Afghanistan, she wants something and we both know it!

Megan looks at both of us, stands up and picks her sun glasses up off the table pulls out a few bucks for her coffee and looks at me.
I’m sorry Tracy no way I was ever your brother, I’m a fully functioning female. I’m sorry I wish I was at least then I would be able to somehow pick up the pieces of my life. She turned to Ronnie sorry I thought we going to be nice, I don’t know you at all the only thing I wanted was to know if you knew me. So I guess you were right I did want something. Do not worry I will never bother you guys again. Thank you for meeting me, and if you recall I never asked your last names so you can go back to your own lives and I’ll just go on with mine. She turned on her hill and went to walk away, when Ronnie said what happened in Alta?

Megan spun around and her eyes were storm cloud grey if they got anymore stormy looking lightning would be flashing in them. Nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about! Then she walked for the door and the cash register to pay her check.

Holy fuck Ronnie! What the fuck was that? Are you that worried or are you jealous of her? Fuck ya she’s pretty but I’m with you always will be. What if it truly was Mitch? That would make her my sister asshole. Jesus can you think how awful it would be to spend the last year and a half of your life not knowing anything about who you are? You honestly think that women even remotely wanted the money jesus you’re a bitch today from hell. If you don’t go apologize to her you can walk home.

Look at this fucking picture, I hand the phone to Ronnie and the shock in her face is evident the mask slipped clear off. The picture and the woman that just walked out looked exactly the same except for the ages of the two girls. That was Mitch as Megan the day she got thrown from her window. Now go apologize or walk I’m serious!

Wow what the fuck is the matter with me? I’ve never acted like that and Megan never even did anything to deserve my attitude. Tracy stayed at the table and I followed out after Megan. The place was busy enough that as I got out the door she just made it around the corner of the building.

I wasn’t think or paying attention, I was lost in my own thoughts, and I never stopped to think what I was really doing. I was following a single female usually not a good idea especially one with the possibility of military training. I would know if someone followed me it would definitely call for an ass whooping. So what happened next should not have come as the surprise that it did.

I dropped off the old style boardwalk and went to go around the back the same as Megan when I was suddenly grabbed, and flung against the back of the building the air evacuating my lungs in a whoosh…. The arm snaked around holding me very tight no place to move. If that wasn’t enough I could feel the razor edge of the knife to my throat the pressure wasn’t much but it was so sharp it had already drawn blood. I could feel it running down my neck.

Holy shit I’m fucking dead, I looked into the eyes of my assailant, the eyes were stormy scary grey, it was Megan but she seemed very different not the calm women we had talked to and way scarier than the woman that had told me not to worry my pretty little head about something because at the moment I was very close to losing said pretty head.

What do you want? She hissed, the words covered in ice.

Fuck me I’ve seen and done and been in a lot of shit and nothing had ever scared me like she did. Trying not to pee myself I move trying to get some room between my neck and the knife. Damn she’s strong I couldn’t get her knife arm to budge and I still couldn’t breathe fully yet. The knife never wavered.

I said what do you fucking want? She repeated.

I’m trying to suck in air, as I gasp I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me. I just came out to apologize.

She lets me go, just like that almost like a switch had turned off. I’m sucking in great gasps of air and trying not to pee my panties. I think I did a little but I will never tell anyone.

Are you ok? She asks, how bad is the cut? I don’t like people following me, came the smug answer. I told you I don’t know anyone so when people follow me it’s probably not a conversation they want.

Your right it was my fault and extremely stupid of me, I say. I know what I would have done, although the knife is a nice touch.

Yes they are. She said.

She knew I caught the they part of that statement, and I just kind of cringed because I was so focused on the one at my throat I never knew about a second one. If I asked would you tell me where the second one was?

She glanced at my stomach and it was then that I noticed the slice in my shirt, right at gut level, so not only did I run the risk of losing my head I could have been gutted at the same time.

Sorry about the shirt I guess you’ll have a reminder not to sneak up on people. And no I’m not buying you a new one. Your fault your issue. She stated flatly.

So you apologized why are you still here?

I noticed her eyes had gone back to the pretty steel blue of before, well that’s good at least. I’m good in a fight with knives, hand to hand, and guns but I know when someone is better and Megan is definitely better than anyone I’ve ever seen at least the little bit I saw and I didn’t want to test the rest of what she could do.

Ah.. I know but um.. could you… could you come back with me so that Tracy doesn’t make me walk home. I stutter out the words.

Ok, if you tell you me why you were such a bitch earlier.

Ya… um I have a protective streak when it comes to Tracy, she’s all either one of us has. She had her dad and Mitch her brother. Her dad was murdered almost 2 years ago and well you heard what I said happened to Mitch. So she’s all alone and me I got disowned when I came out as a lesbian and I was an only child of only child grandparents who are also dead.

That’s tough, she replied. At least you can remember them.

We walked back into the diner and Megan stayed standing by the booth as I slid in next to Tracy.

I see she tracked you down, you were gone so long I thought I would have to go find the cat fight, Tracy said jokingly.

I grimaced and Megan smirked.

It wasn’t much of a fight, Megan said. But she did apologize, so she can ride home with you and I will be on my way.

Wait a second Megan, here’s my business card it has my cell phone on there to, I know it says psychologist on it. And I don’t expect you to want to see me for that. But if you would like a friend I would be happy to be yours.

The shock on her face was evident, she smiled and said if I stay in town I’ll think about it. As long as your Pitbull ok with the idea.

The smirk and the sarcastic way she said Pitbull wasn’t lost on me. As I said no I don’t have a problem or an issue with you guys being friends, and maybe me and you can be someday to.

I’d like that if I stay in town she said as she put the card into her back pocket and turned around and said goodbye as she headed off for the door.

Can we go home now? I asked after she was gone.

Oh I wanted to go shopping before we went home. Answered Tracy as she pouted.

Well I need to go home and change my clothes and then we can go shopping for as long as you want to. I said. As we walked to the car.

What why do you need to change? Tracy asked.

I’ll tell you on the way home I replied.

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nooo contest

Jamie Lee's picture

A childhood picture and Megan is sure she and Tracy aren't family. However, as Ronnie found out, Megan is more than a mysterious woman. Her training is more and better than what Ronnie knows.

A cat fight in the lake? Not hardly. It would have been a one sided slaughter by Megan.

Others have feelings too.