Superhero Twins: Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

“Okay, you are all safe now.” Port stated as the group he had just teleported out of the building fell to the ground or reeled from the disorientation of their first teleport. He didn't stay to help them further as others came to do that he went back into the building just like he left.

“Port this is the last group.” Check stated as he returned. Port was a bit dizzy himself. He had never done so many in so short a time. The skyscraper was on fire and there was no way to leave this area normally. Smoke was just now quickly entering this last floor. Twenty scared people looked at him and the other heroes. Plus there was the four of them. Check, could jump to the next building over as he was an exemplar 4. Boost, she couldn't do much more than the frightened people but she would be carried by Glitter as she could fly. Thought you wouldn't think she could fly with those fairy wings but she did.

“I can't port that many.” Port moaned. Then Boost just smiled.

“Sure you can.” She replied. “What do you think I am here for, moral support?” The other two laughed though not too loudly as they were tired too.

“Alright then, everyone, hold hands.” Port ordered and was nearly doing so anyways. Port took one girl's hand and then the hand of an old man in a now ruined business suit. Boost came up behind him and gave him a lot of power. He smiled as he locked in and felt that it would be easy now. He had experienced this before, but not too often. He pulled on his power adding in all the bodies and teleported. Something felt wrong a microsecond later as he lost his grip on both the girl and the man. He screamed out as all this extra power affected his jump. The second thing that happened was that he felt even more power course through his body as he jumped into blackness, or did he pass out?

“What just happened?” Check asked. He felt just like the others the entire top of the building move. Then they all left the floor and crashed to the ground. Glitter was the only one who didn't hit the floor hard as she hit the ceiling. The noise was thunderously loud. Was the building collapsing?

Outside the one lookers saw the building top appear a few feet off the ground and come crashing down. Well the corner that they had been in, not the whole floor. Mere luck had one guy not ten feet away get blown over by the wind and shock as the piece crashed down. People screamed and ran, but they were safe. Check and Boost got to their feet and guided the others out of the broken piece of the building.

“Where is Port?” Glitter asked. The three went back into the section and they didn't find him. Glitter flew up to the top of the build and didn't find him either. They wouldn't find him as he wasn't there. They would never know, but he wasn't even on their Earth either.

Sean Porter jumped up after passing Kyle on the court and slammed the ball through the hoop. His teammates cheered and his other friends on the other team moaned. It had been a tough, close game, but Sean had scored the final basket, 20 to 18.

“Ya!” Sean yelled.

“How can you play so good and not be on the basketball team?” Allen wondered. “You have to play this year.”

“Ya, no being a pussy this year. We are going to get on the varsity team we need you, man.” Brad stated.

“Ya, we could go to state with you on the team.” Nick added.

“I told you before my dad won't allow it. Plus I don't think you can handle a showboat like me.” Sean bragged. Though his look of yearning wasn't lost on the other boys. His father didn't want him playing for just one reason and he hated the fact his father was right. Even at six foot and 165 and a need to shave every other day he had a secret. One he had carried his whole life. He may look like the other boys, but he had a bit extra between his legs and all it would take was one unguarded moment and they would see his lack of one half of his manhood was missing and the strange skin that on closer inspection belonged to a girl. He was intersex and no one knew, but his father and his doctor. The difference didn't stop there as he had not just the opening, but the vaginal canal and the uterus and ovary to go with them. His endocrinologist said it was dormant and he had a proper balance of testosterone for his age, but he wouldn't be able to have the female parts removed until he was eighteen. Well, he wanted them out now, but his father and his doctor warned against it.

The main reason was despite the hair growth on his face he could pass for a girl even with short hair. His voice had also not deepened very much and he could give his friends prank phone calls as he could sound like any girl from school, or boy so long as it wasn't too deep to copy. He had dove into acting in school and the local theater starting at the age of ten and even did a commercial or two, once as a boy and once as a girl. His friends teased him a few years back calling him all sorts of female names, Stella, Annie, Mary, and then Sara. Sara was the name that stuck for some reason. Maybe it was because he was outed as a boy during the play and it only made the play even more popular. The fact that not only did Sean have to kiss a girl, but he had to kiss a boy as well during the play.

He didn't mind the role or what he had to do and neither did the other two actors. What bothered him was that he had a crush on both of them. Outwardly when not acting he was all boy attracted to girls like his friends, but when as a girl he was attracted to both and one thing lead to another with both of them. The boy was gay, but he was as curious as Sean was, and had a crush on him. This first they kissed was as he was dressed as Sara his character, so when they decided to go on a date he went as a girl instead of a boy as he didn't know the boy was gay. Nothing happened and the boy told him he wanted him as Sean and not Sara. Sean had gone on a second date with him, but he just couldn't even kiss him or hug him without getting disgusted. Strangely he wasn't gay even though he did kiss him before which in the truth was gayish, but he was a different person when dressed as a girl. This was why he could act so well as a girl because he was one in his mind. With Jeans, he was a boy, in a skirt or makeup, he was a girl. He didn't have a split personality, he had a split sexuality, he thought.
Had his friends knew this most of them wouldn't be his friend.

At fifteen, sixteen boys could be very cruel or defensive about proving they were boys, and most even if the truth came out that they didn't care would act manly or hetero even if they were not. The biggest bigots were the one or two guys in school who denied even to themselves they were attracted to boys. Sean finished taking a long drink from his water bottle wondering why he had thought about this now? Then again it wasn't the first time he had thought about this on the park's court. Maybe it was the friendly teasing he got, as half of them called him Sara more than usual, though nowadays it wasn't to tease him.

“So Sara I heard they are doing Romeo and Juliet at the theater.” Mike stated. “You get the part for Juliet?” A few of the others laughed, even Sean chuckled.

“No, I am playing Mercutio. I get to die.” Sean replied.

“So we playing another?” Allen questioned.

“I got to get home.” Brad replied and a few others say the same. Sean and Allen watch the others leave.

“You want to play, horse?” Allen asked.

“Na, I have to get home as well. It's my night to cook.” Sean replied.

“As a boy or a girl?” Allen teased. Sean punched him and Allen rubs his other shoulder. “Hey that hurt, Sara.”

“Don't you start.” Sean warned, but in her voice.

“So you think your dad is going to marry his girlfriend?” Allen asked.

“I don't know. I like Megan, but she just rubs me wrong.” Sean replied.

“Maybe you don't want her to replace your mom?” Allen wondered.

“My mom died after I was born. I never knew her, but we have lived so long as just the two of us I am not so sure I could handle it.” Sean replied. His mom died in an accident on the way home from the hospital. The doctors said that she shouldn't have left as the seat belt trauma caused her uterus to bled and by the time the paramedics got there, it was too late. His father took it hard, but having Sean to take care got him through the pain of her loss. Plus the fact he had two other children to take care of. Amanda was his older sister and she blamed Sean for her death until she understood it was an accident. His brother Dean older than both of them nearly died in the accident as well, but he never blamed Sean as he blamed himself. He was away at college and his sister was a senior. Sean would enter the tenth grade in about a week as school started. What he didn't think he could handle were Megan's daughters. Both were younger with Jessie a year younger and in his class. She was also a girl he had a crush on. Jackie was two years younger and a total brat as far as he was concerned.

“Come on I have seen you and Megan together both as you are now and girl mode. I don't know of anyone other than your dad who would have no problem with it and she didn't even bat an eye.” Allen stated. “I think it is just that you wouldn't be able to date Jessie.” Sean blushed not able to hide his thoughts and Allen laughed.

“Shut let's go. I still have to beat you down on COD.” Sean challenged. Allen chuckled and then picked up his bag.

“You are on, but I am not going to forget this. Ooo, what would Jessie think?” He teased.

“Don't you dare.” Sean threatened. Allen took off and Sean chased after him. Jessie was the perfect girl in Sean's eyes and at first, they really didn't get along. Then he found out that her mom nearly died giving birth to her. It was only the fact that she was getting transfusions at the time of birth that Megan didn't bleed out. The doctors couldn't understand why the blood just wouldn't clot. They had given her plenty of blood and she finally stabilized after a month. Megan was a miracle, but because she had started bleeding before giving birth and there was a blood drive going on at the same time she survived. It was still, touch and go for a few months until her blood started clotting on its own. Her husband could take the stress and wound up taking a dive off a cliff thought the authorities ruled it as an accident.

Jackie was a miracle because another pregnancy was considered deadly to Megan and that they didn't think she could get pregnant. She did and nothing unusually happened. She barely bled at all. The man who was her father took off once she was pregnant. Megan never heard from him again, but after a few years, checks started coming in from him. Jackie never did get to see her father and this caused a few problems as her mother started dating Sean's father. It was also that Jackie was a spoiled brat and that she was one of his only enemies really. Since dad had been dating Megan she had gotten Sean in trouble nearly every week until his dad just looks at her then her mother and she grounded her. It was the first time they disciplined together. Jackie didn't have a chance after that, but they still fought a secret battle, but Sean was winning this war as far as he knew. They made it to the house and All four girls were sitting in the kitchen.

“Hey Sean, hey Allen.” Amanda was the first to greet them. Jessie and Megan both said hi, and Jackie suddenly blushed as the two girls laughed. Allen looked at them and then at Sean as he laughed too. Allen didn't know it, but Jackie had a crush on him. It was the reason Sean felt he was winning his battle with Jackie.

“Hi, and it is my night to cook. I thought you all were having a girls night?” Sean asked.

“We were until we figured out it had been six months to the day that Megan and dad started dating.” Amanda replied.

“Plus your idea of dinner is not something I wanted to eat.” Jackie declared. Sean looked at his sister and the others then he grinned.
“Too bad because I was going to cook steak and shrimp with baked potatoes and apple pie for dessert.” Sean declared while smelling spaghetti sauce. “I guess we could still have the apple pie. Well more time to play COD.” Sean left dragging Allen with him. He didn't even think Allen was paying attention as Jackie had gotten his attention. The girls giggled after Amanda moaned she loved shrimp.

“Hey, you think Jackie likes me?” Allen asked as he powered up the game.

“As much as you are going to die today.” Sean bragged.

“Don't think that is going to stop me from wiping the floor with you.” Allen countered. They put on headsets and joined a co-op game. They got on the same team for the first battle, so their threats of mutual destruction would have to wait until later.

“Now if that wasn't the best spaghetti I ever had.” Paul declared. “Though what was those little white bits.”

“Shrimp.” Amanda replied.

“Hey, they were supposed to go with the steak.” Sean complained.

“Well, I have to admit it was pleasantly different.” Paul said as he got up. “Looks like we have to wash tonight.” He added looking a Sean and Allen.

“Well, I have to get home and all. Sorry to eat and run.” Allen countered.

“Not so fast young man. You eat, you pay and since you don't have any money you have to wash dishes.” Megan stated.

“Plus I think you are close enough to family that you are not getting out of it or this.” Paul stated. He grinned wickedly as he sat him back down. He walked around the table and suddenly knelt at Megan's feet. Her hand rose to her mouth as she suddenly looked shocked tears fell as he pulled out a ring box. “I know this is sudden, but I was sure the first day we went out that you were not getting away. For so long I had just given up on being happy for anyone but my children. I am really glad I waited. Megan Young, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?”

“Yes!” she yelled and joined him on the floor knocking him over. They all laughed as he put the ring on her finger. Jug the dog came over thinking it was playtime and covered them both with kisses which caused more laughter. Sean laughed with the others but he didn't want this it was too fast. He looked at Jackie but she was nearly on Allen's back as she filmed their parents on the floor. Allen was stunned as her breasts were pressing into his head. Sean facepalmed loudly bringing Jackie's attention. He looked up just in time to see her turn five different shades of red the final one angry as she hit him multiple times for her blunder. Sean laughed louder as their sisters pointed their phones at them.

“Daddy get the shotgun Allen was being fresh.” Amanda teased. She looked down at the floor and saw them kissing “Ewe! Get a room.” Their parents giggled and slowly got up.

“We have one.” Megan replied inciting more mock disgust.

“Yes, we do.” Paul added and pulled her toward the door. Megan pulled free and got a wicked smile going.

“Not so fast you still have to wash the dishes.” She countered. “And Allen your rinsing.” Allen moaned but he knew he wasn't getting away.

“You know we should change our names to the Bradys.” Jessie suggested. Laughter took over again. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad Sean thought? Suddenly he got a headache and it slowly built as they cleaned the kitchen. Jessie came into the kitchen holding her head.

“Paul my head is killing me and I don't have anything in my purse and mom is out too.” Jessie complained.

“Here I will show you. I need to get some myself.” Sean replied putting down the towel. Jessie followed him upstairs and into the bathroom.
He pulled out the bottle dropping some in her hand and a few in his. She filled the cups with water and they clinked the cups together laughing then both moaning as their headaches increased in level.

“Damn I have had bad ones before, but this tops the scale.” Sean stated as he took the door to his room. Jessie followed him in his room.
“I know right.” She replied. He sat down on his bed and she sat next to him. He nearly forgot about his headache as her leg touched his. “You think Allen will date Jackie?”

“I don't know. I think it would be okay, but I don't like Jackie.” Sean replied. His head and his heart were pounding. He was starting to feel a bit faint.

“I wonder if it is incest if we start dating?” Jessie asked almost too quiet to be heard. Now his heart was about to explode as he turned to her. He couldn't believe she had just said that. He started to weave as she did and they both caught onto each other. Their lips seemed to find each other without either of them knowing. The kiss was long and soft. He could feel her heart beating as much as his heart was. What they didn't see was that every loose item in the room and house started to float up in the air. Even stuff outside started to float.

“It is starting I need team one to go in now team two you know what you have to do,” Kristyn ordered. She squeezed Liz's hand as the team rushed in. Samantha struggled to keep all the outside items down out of sight or tossed into the bushes.

“ I don't think I can hold them any longer they are both telekinetic.” Samantha declared.

“Lili and James you need to shut them down.” Kristyn ordered. The two nodded as they got closer. Lili giggled as she felt the two were kissing. James chuckled as well, but he suddenly felt that his target Sean was doubled and that the one part was much stronger than the closer part. Suddenly the roof of the house blew off and all the items that were in the air crashed down including several cars. Kristyn shot a few bolts at the cars frying their blaring horns. That was instantly replaced with dozens of sirens.

“What the hell happened?” Electricity surrounded her sending feedback through everyone's earpieces. “Dani, what happened?” Danielle looked at Kristyn and shrugged.

“The three of them are gone.”

“Three of them I thought there was only two?” Kristyn questioned. “And wasn't the boy the only one to emerge tonight?”

“I wasn't sure. Maybe since they are in the same house they both started.” Dani replied.

“Or the fact they were kissing.” Samantha stated as they joined up closer to the house. The clean up would take hours. Rita sighed as she knew this was going to be one tiring event as the neighbors were all out seeing what happened. At least the power was cut to the block and the cell towers were turned off. She stuffed the rest of the energy bar into her mouth before going into the house, parents first.

Sean was thrilled about the kiss it was more than he ever hoped for. They broke the kiss and then he saw the shock on her face just before a body fell on top of him. Jessie screamed and then Sean did too as the body looked just like him. The guy was a lot more muscled and heavy. He was also bleeding and much of it got into his mouth as he swallowed. Then he felt pain as he moved the guy to the side. He had a wound in his side and a piece of metal, lead out from the wound. Sean looked down where he felt pain and he saw blood seeping out of a wound in his own stomach. His head exploded in pain as he suddenly felt cold. Jessie was screaming and then she stopped and he looked at her shocked face and then felt her hand on his stomach near the wound. She pulled up his shirt and the burst into tears.

“You are okay it was just his blood.” Jessie babbled. He looked at the other guy and shivered as he still looked so much like himself. The piece of metal fell off him as Sean's hands carefully looked at the wound. He saw with his own eyes how the hole slowly closed. He felt slowly weak and the next thing he knew was darkness. Jessie felt suddenly alone as Sean passed out. She was also enthralled by the striking similarities between the two boys, but then the new Sean was much older looking. No that wasn't it, he was totally masculine. Her headache increased as this caused her pain on top of pain. She looked around and the last thing she saw was that they were in the middle of an empty warehouse before she too fell unconscious.

“I want to know what the hell happened out there, and I want to know now!” Colonel Harris growled.

“We are not that sure ourselves. Dani didn't foresee what was going to happen and what she did see she didn't understand.” Kristyn explained. “But now that it has happened we do know where they went. All three of them.”

“What do you mean three of them?” The colonel asked. He didn't look happy, but at least he was relaxing a bit.

“The boy and girl and then a copy of the boy appeared it is almost like they are twins. Probably not anymore. They both should have emerged by now. Sean should be a girl and Jessie a boy. The new boy is weird because Dani said he manifested a long time ago. They are in New York in an old warehouse in Yonkers New York. Dani couldn't give an address and nothing has shown up in the news.” Kristen explained.

“Alright, we will find them. We have people looking at the houses of the families and our team has copied both of their computers. The big problem will be when one of them calls. It will really mess up that they are dead. Hopefully, they will think it is all a big terrible prank and we can fix that.” Col. Harris suggested. “Keep me informed.

“What the hell?” Port asked himself. He was floating near the top of the warehouse, but this wasn't the warehouse he remembered. He ported down to the floor and started to rise in the air again. He ported to one of the beams as far away from the bed with the two kids laying on them before gravity felt normal. Memories of the fire flashed through his mind. He remembered as he teleported them all he took part of the building with him. Boost had given him way too much power and he felt something hit him before losing his grip on the two. He suddenly checked his stomach and saw all the dried blood, but his body was whole not even a scar. He knew he had been wounded, but there was no sign of it. He ported to the building that was on fire and it stood just like the fire never happened. He then ported to a few other places and they were the same as the warehouse. No secret lairs or labs. He ported to a location near Whateley and he saw nothing. Sure the place was warded with magic, but the simple shed that held a few golf carts was gone and the path that would have led him to the school. He ported to what he thought was the school's center and there was just an old foundation.

“Did I travel into the future or the past?” He asked himself. He ported a few more locations and no he was in the present. It was only a day after the fire from what he remembered. He ported to his apartment and nearly gave the old man a heart attack. He stayed just long enough to see it wasn't his place. This felt odd. Could he really be? No there was no way, but? He could only think he was somewhere else, an alternate Earth? He shrugged as he could figure it out later. He ported a few other places and in no time he had his arms full. Clothing food and a phone. He would give it back after he checked out a few things. The bed with the two was back on the floor and he was not sent in the air as he got closer. “Hey, you two wake up!”

They stirred but didn't wake. They moved enough to wake up though they did at one point turn properly on the bed. He opened up the take out that he had gotten after he set up the folding table. The smell of food did more than his shout had done. Then they both sat up and screamed.

“For crying out loud shut up!” Port yelled. The two frightened kids glared at him. “Better. Now, are you guys hungry?” They eyed the food and one of the containers flew over to the boy. He panicked and it fell apart and covered them both. Port couldn't help laughing. “New telekinetic, but which one of you?”

“I'm a... I'm a girl.” The girl stated the obvious. She was hot even with all the bloodstains. Long black hair bright blue or green eyes. Slightly larger chest for her body size. The strange thing was she was just in jeans and a tee. The boy, on the other hand, was in a skirt and a blouse that had ripped open. His hair was orange and pink, his eyes were golden and his skin darker. Both looked mixed European. The boy was the telekinetic as he saw him move his hands as the food gathered itself back together. The girl looked on in amazement. Once it was in his hand he looked up a Port.

“Sean what happened and who is this girl?” He asked then shock formed on his face as he looked and felt himself. Strange that he knew his name.

“Jessie is that you?” The girl asked. She looked over at Port and confusion crossed her face. “Why do you look like me?” Port chuckled. “I mean how I used to look?”

“I don't know.” Port replied. “I woke up not long ago. I think you both Manifested last night. You both look it. From what I can tell you both are Exemplars and your BIT is why you look the way you do. I see that Jessie is a telekinetic I am not sure about you, but from the state of my clothing, I think you are a healer. What happened?” Port told them what he last remembered and slowly he got Sean and Jessie to tell him the same thing.

“So you see the last thing I remember was your skin closing.” Sean stated. “Weird that you look just like I used to.”

“Well I have always been me though having the same name, Sean Porter could work with where I am. I think I teleported to a different world.” Port stated. “So do you guys have a bunch of superheroes or villains? Or is the government keeping them out of sight.” Port didn't want to say they might be hunted.

“Never knew this was possible.” Sean replied. Jessie was silently crying as he ate. He acted different enough to tell Port that he used to be female. “If I am a healer then I guess that is good, but I would rather have telekinesis. Way cooler.”

“Healers are cool they help put the dumb bricks back together and cure a lot of things that doctors just can't. They are paid top dollar to work at hospitals. Me I am a warper 4, an exemplar 2, and ESP 1. Though if I ported to a different world that might bump me to a warper five then again I was under boost. The ESP thing just helps me find out where I am going not very strong though.” He looked at them and they looked confused. After an hour they finally looked calm and full. He had ported out for more food at one point and they ate that too. Jessie could really shovel it in. Never saw any mutant eat so much. The two sure acted like a couple or no not family, not with the way they looked at each other.

“So we are mutants?” Jessie finally spoke as she was playing with some water.

“Yes and no. I don't know how closely this world is like mine. You have no supers running around, so I wonder if you are some of the first, but then again you could be very different.” Port explained.

“Still I want to go home, but I look so different.” Sean stated.

“You look really cute. Way prettier than I was.” Jessie countered.

“Well, you still look sexy to me.” Sean replied and they both blushed. “But I like acting like a girl, but not being one. Everything feels...” He stopped talking as the gorgeous girl she was turned into his original form. Port gasped as he was just like looking in the mirror though when he hadn't manifested yet as this Sean was skinny.

“Interesting a shapeshifter and a healer. Though if you are powerful enough a shifter can heal as well. The downside is if they are too powerful they can live forever or change too much and kill themselves.” Port explained. “Do yourself a favor and never change into an animal. There was this one girl who could do anything and she changed herself into a fox. She never changed back into a human.”

“I'll keep that in mind.” Sean replied.

“Could I change back?” Jessie wondered.

“That depends, but shifters rarely have kinesis powers. You got a power that is worth changing sexes for. If you are strong enough or once you get stronger you can fly and maybe even heal yourself. Really hard to kill. You would be a superhero easy. Shifters make good spies unless their exemplar rank is high and then they can be a brick.”

“What's a brick?” Jessie asked.

“Oh, um... like Superman?” Port finally replied.

“Okay cool.” Sean replied. “But, I want to go home.” Port looked at them both, but he had no idea where they lived.

“I could take you there but I need a picture.” Port stated. The two looked a bit down and then Sean pulled out his wallet.

“Will this work?” He asked bringing the picture over. Port looked at it and he nodded his head. He came over to them and took their hands, and then they vanished.

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Okay this site is a challenge to post on.

Sara Hawke's picture

Starting a rewrite of this story so I deleted what I could of the old one. Did some editing and my writing style has changed a bit so it won't be written the same way during the following chapters. No more he said she said's is the biggest change.

This is a fan fiction of a mix of Whateley and The Center. Mostly in The Center Universe may switch back and forth. This is a fan fiction so I will break some of the rules as the Whateley Universe has different rules concerning mutants compared to the Center. None of this will be cannon or wanted as cannon alternate universes and all that.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.

Ask

erin's picture

You know, if you want to know how to do something, you can look in the FAQ or just post a blog or a PM to me and ask. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

KUDOS

Thanks for putting 2 story universes together into a great story looking forward to the next chapters

ahh

Dawnfyre's picture

definitely a great start.

keep em coming.


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.

Great start!

And I really like how you are combining two of my favorite universes into one story!

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Interesting...

Patrick Malloy's picture

Story concept. Please, do continue.

Patrick Malloy

The center and mentioning

The center and mentioning Whately?? evolution..Great!

alissa