The Heir--Or, The Unusual Path to CEO... Junior Year ~ Part 15

Printer-friendly version

Quite honestly, the rest of the school-year is anti-climactic. Yes, we DO go to State as a cheer squad. No, we don’t win—we don’t even come close at third place. BUT WE WENT! And we will go next year, too—at least if I have anything to say about it.

Felicia slowly comes out of her shell. Emily and I spend a fair amount of time with her. They both come over to the house about once a week and we spend a lot of girl time—especially after I don’t have to go to cheer practice.

The one big thing that happens right before the end of school? My sweet sixteen! Momma and Mummy put on a surprise birthday party for me. The bigger surprise, though, is that FELICIA is there. She officially comes out to the rest of my friends at the party…and to the school the next week. While I would say that is the COOLEST thing about my party—I really can’t. That honor falls to the pink Audi TT convertible that Momma and Mummy give me as a birthday present! (Well, there is another, but I won’t talk about the birthday present that Francie gives me that night…)

So, what about school? Well, after things settled down, it is working really well. Starting next year, we will be a magnet school. Another high school is being commandeered by the intolerants and will OFFICIALLY be a magnet school that caters to political science (the right wing type, that is). No matter; there is already a waiting list of students from the surrounding schools in the district that want to be in a house. As it is, the school is looking to expand and build on. Other schools, from out-of-state, are also contacting ours to build on our model.

So, when we reach the last week of school, it is bitter-sweet. A lot was accomplished… I made a lot of friends… A lot of people were freed to be themselves, in part because of what I put in motion—intentionally, or not. I just wish we could have brought home that trophy—there is still next year, though!

On the last day, I hug Penny and Amanda—they are graduating and I already miss them. I hug the rest of the girls on the squad and we vow to bring home the trophy next year. I hug Emily and Felicia—we vow to keep up our weekly visits over the summer. I hug each and every Pink before I get into my TT and drive home—not even thinking about the fact that I am driving in five-inch heels. SO much has changed…

o~O~o

I zip up the back of Momma’s dress—she looks SO beautiful! Alecia comes in for the hundredth time—she keeps running back and forth between this room and Mummy’s where Francie is helping HER get ready.

We are at Gramma and Grampa’s chalet in the mountains and the procession is about to happen up the mountain (in cable cars, of course) to where Momma and Mummy are going to get married.

Alecia says, “They’re ready! And…Aunt Dawn—you look AMAZING!”

Momma hugs Alecia and says, “Thanks, Love! You look very beautiful, yourself!”

Grampa knocks on the door and comes in. He smiles brightly and hugs Momma. He says, “Angi and Francie just left for their ride up—Gramma is with them. We will wait a few minutes and take our car up. Are you ready? No cold feet, right?”

Momma smiles and shakes her head. She says, “No, I have never been as certain about anything in my life. I can’t thank you enough for doing this for us, George.”

He shakes his head and says, “Nonsense! That’s what family is for!”

Momma steps into her shoes and we all head out and down the stairs to the car waiting to take us to the cable car station.

Fifteen minutes later, we are looking out the window of the cable car. Alecia is taking a lot of pictures on her phone. The ride is about 10 minutes to the top and we get out of the car where there is a horse-drawn carriage awaiting us. We get in and the driver takes us on another ten-minute ride across the meadow to where the wedding is to take place.

The official photographer is there and snapping away as Momma takes Grampa’s arm and gets out of the carriage. Alecia and I hurry up to where Francie is standing, close to Mummy who is waiting. We take up our places and the wedding music starts.

Since there was only one Grampa, it had been decided that Momma would walk down the aisle with him and Mummy would wait at the altar. It has nothing to do with one being the ‘man’ in the relationship and one being the ‘woman’—they are BOTH very much women. It was just…well, sweet watching Grampa proudly walk Momma down the aisle, like she really was his daughter.

Grampa ‘delivers’ Momma to the waiting Mummy and the minister and the ceremony starts. There is not a dry eye at the top of the mountain when Momma and Mummy kiss each for the first time as a married couple.

Of course, then we party…until the last cable car takes us down the mountain. And then we party some more at Gramma and Grampa’s.

When we finally get ready for bed at around three in the morning, I kiss Francie and say, “Someday that’s going to be us, right?”

Francie snuggles up to me and asks, “Why Paige, are you asking me to marry you?”

I am stunned—I hadn’t even thought of it that way. I swallow a little nervously and say, “Well, yes…I suppose I am… Will you?”

Francie squeezes me and gives me a hard kiss with soft lips. She pulls back and says, “Yes, my Love. I can’t think of anything I want more!”

I give a little shriek and Momma and Mummy stick their heads in the door. Momma asks, “Is everything OK, girls?”

Mummy looks at us with concern.

I smile and say, “Yes, Mothers. Everything is perfect! You are now both officially my mothers—and, well, based on the fact that Francie just agreed to marry ME, in a few years, you are going to officially be hers, too!”

Well, let’s just say that after that, there is no sleep to be had that night as the party, albeit now just close family (including Gramma and Grampa) starts back up…

o~O~o

To be continued…
I know this is a short epilogue, of sorts for ‘Junior Year’, but I am really busy with RL and my brain can’t totally focus on the story. It is not over, yet, by any means, so don’t go away. It will just take me a couple of weeks to continue it on—although, it will most likely be with Paige in College. No worries, though, I will get everyone caught up!

HUGS!

up
185 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice wrap-up for the story.

Nice wrap-up for the story. With the changes that were being brought about by the houses and the lawsuit ending in her favor Paige's journey doesn't need to be told. I do hope that you give us a little update on the girls as a burst of information before the start of Paige's college years. I assume this is going to lead up to Paige becoming the CEO so there's a bit to tell.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

No Worries!

And thanks for hanging in there!

HUGS!

Me thinks, Paige summed it

Me thinks, Paige summed it all very, very nicely as to what has all transpired during this last part of her school year and what we can look forward to in her next year. Seems to me that she is very decidedly becoming a rather good CEO in her own right, right now.

Thanks!

I am already gathering ideas for the next 'book'--I just need a quick break! :)

HUGS!

Seams a bit

Renee_Heart2's picture

Rushed the end of Junior rear of high school, not much depth to the story really... I understand about bing busy but still the story was VERY nice but also very short and rushed as it looks like your going to skip Senior year and go right into College...

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Yes...

this went a bit fast and, yes, I intend to skip over senior year in high school. There is only so much I can write about that, really. I plan on providing a synopsis at the beginning of the next book that should wrap that up. I am glad that you like the story enough that you want it to continue. I am just running out of ideas and I don't want to keep creating new crises for poor Paige... :)

I want to try and focus more on her growing into the woman she is going to be and I need to get her out of high school and into college to do that...

HUGS!

Nice story

Jamie Lee's picture

The ending was more more enjoyable than all the trickery which took place in the preceding chapters.

There will always be those who kick and scream during social change, especially if they are forced to participate. But their refusal to change will eventually cause them to be left behind and become those who are scorned and ridiculed. As they first did to others.

This is a very interesting story. One which can't help but make the reader think about the subject of the story.

Others have feelings too.

Thanks!

I appreciate the kudos!

There is more to come--once I can catch a breath...

HUGS!