The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 07

Comments

One again....

wolfjess7's picture

the specter of an over inflated ego brings about disrespect and dishonor among professionals. Lawrence needs to be taken out and horse whipped. I hate people that think they can just party hard, get a pay check, and not do their jobs.
By the way great chapter Snowfall. As always looking for more.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Sweet Chapter

indeed Dawn had a very sweet deal on the jewellery, Seems like Dawn also has a very good friend in Lyle.
A Cpl of near near misses but lucky enough to have both people accepting.
Dawn also had a good 1st set on air ,
And the comments she was hearing from Blake aswell Showed that Don/Dawn is a very hard worker She has a very good head on her shoulders despite being very reserved and in a way reclusive regarding her self.
Dawn knows what she wants and needs for her to progress.
And a certain Dj really needs to get their act together or the only thing he will be introducing is himself to the unemployment office or even the Judge.
really liking how this story is progressing and looking forwards to seeing what happens next.

Matt

this is getting good!

kristin's picture

Dawn is coming (or being dragged!) out of her shell! She's a good kid and I want to see how this evolves. Great writing style and nice character development, I cant wait for more. Thanks!

kristyn nichols

more

I like this and all preceding chapters. great story, keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

Ok, *not* how I was expecting

Brooke Erickson's picture

Ok, *not* how I was expecting Dawn to get airtime.

Since Lawrence is likely now toast, here's hoping she gets more airtime.

I hope she gets up the courage to confide in her dad and Blake. and not just for the commission on the ad!

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Got my fix for the week

Great chapter, but this one chapter a week is killing me. Wednesday is nerves, Thursdays I can't sleep, then it is Friday and I have to check the website every few minutes waiting for the story to post. finally it makes it and I get a chance to read it, then re-read it several more times during the evening.

The writing is fantastic, the characters are genuine, and the author is a wee bit short of totally awesome. All I can say is it is worth the wait.
Hugs
Francesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

Thanks

Thanks for the time and effort you put in to write. I'm really enjoying this story. Excellent pacing and just well written.

Cindy

Cindy Jenkins

Fantastic chapter

sugar_britches63's picture

Thank you Snowfall for a great end to my week with your FANTASTIC story. Ok so lawman showed up but did not last and yes all Dawn did was some announcements but yes she was on due to lawman. Brett will flip a bit when he finds out who handled the station but will be cool as well. I bet dad was listening to that broadcast as well. Thank you again Lady Snowfall.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Making Fridays special

Great news for sawn, on 3 fronts the Jewelry, Two people Reading her and Quality airtime

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

outing Dawn

You know, out of all of the people I considered who could have figured out Dawn's secret Lyle wasn't on of them. Thank goodness the man respects her as a person enough to give her advice and take the time to listen to her.

Don may not be able to use the radio intros on his demo reel but at least Dawn made a big impact on the station staff(those who aren't drunk that is). I can't wait to see their reaction when they learn the truth as Lyle can't hold back for Don's sake.

And Kudos to Patrick for being professional in both handling a delicate situation as well as not taking advantage of a young person. Business is word of mouth and offending someone who has high valued items and a good personality could do a lot of damage to ones reputation especially among the next generation of customers.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

late night princess

OMG ... I LOVE THIS! What a roller coaster
of a ride. Can't wait for the next chapt. What
a fun read!

Oh I love that story her boss

Oh I love that story her boss is cool Lawman a dick .Dawn is smart that girl will go a long way she lovely sweet and her IQ is a lot bigger than her shoe size unlike Lawman getting wasted at a job what a plonker I would can his arse.

WIN_20151023_13_56_29_Pro.jpg

Omg dawn is so lucky!

Like
So
Lucky. Amazingly lucky. Wonderfully lucky. I mean, she's a lovely, if private, girl and she deserves good fortune but she has officially handled more money-worth of jewellery than I've seen money in my whole life :o

Anyway, lawrence is gonna get booted,lyle will convince blake that dawn can do the job, and then lawrence will come back for revenge and cause great pain to all involved?

Those are my predictions, thanks for the chapter

Xx
Amy

Absolutely loving this story

I can't wait for next week's chapter. This is just soooooooo good!

Scary

Beoca's picture

This is going far too well for Dawn. Multiple people have read her, and nothing bad has come of it. Excited but nervous to see what comes next. Hopefully the late night guy gets fired for working while intoxicated.

Given That Patrick...

...all but outed Connie, anyone else think that she may have read Dawn as early as the auction?

Eric

Dawn's first time.......

D. Eden's picture

But definitely not the last!

Let's check where we are......

She knows the paperwork, she's learning how to work the system, run play lists, and do announcements, and now she has her first real live exposure.

I can only wonder how we get from here to her becoming the Late Night Princess.......

But it is pretty obvious that Lawrence's drunken antics will be at the heart of it!

Damn! Another week 'till more! Curses!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

What a find Dawn received

What a find Dawn received from the jewelry she found in the box. She has created, quite by accident, a very nice nest egg for herself. I am getting the feeling that Don needs to have a big time sit down with some major people in her young life; those being her father, Brett, and Blake.
Dawn, the daughter, is more and more around and doing good, and Don, the son, needs to be "retired" so to speak.
I am of the mind to see Lawrence being summarily FIRED, he is nothing but a disgrace to the station and by his recent actions at the live program outside the station, has brought a lot of discredit upon it. Time for Blake to cut the cord and cast him off before Lawrence can cause even more damage than he probably has.

It has taken six episodes before

we actually get to the implementation of the title! I have enjoyed very one, without any sense of frustration. You are a gem among TC writers, and I believe it is because your writing style is literary rather than consequential. Please keep it up!

just for kicks

sugar_britches63's picture

I just reread the whole series of this story, I must say it is a wonderful story. Lady Snowfall you do write with feeling and an understanding of character. the characters quite often jump off the written page and into my heart. Just like Frills the story feels so reel in many ways. Your writing makes it hard to wait but well worth the wait for each chapter. It truly is a privilege to read your stories and be apart of their world.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Another wonderful chapter

gillian1968's picture

A couple big surprises here.

Support from her co-workers will be incredibly important. It's a bit surprising that Lyles spotted her, but I think run of the mill people are more understanding these days.

But I don't doubt there will be some rocks on Dawn's path.

Gillian Cairns

I like how you are easing Dawn into the job

It's not so fake as just jumping straight into it.

I like having nice people in the story. I like stories where good things happen to good people. This is a great story for me.

Jogging the memory

Every time I read a chapter of one of your stories it reminds me of just what a wonderfully talented person you are. In this case it also reminded me that I hadn't supported your efforts recently so I went and bought PomPom Fortress from Amazon as I'd been meaning to for a while now. Thank you for sharing your stories with us and I hope you have many more to come.

Bonanza

Jamie Lee's picture

Dawn does not suffer fools lightly. The jerk at the auction met the criteria for being a fool. In trying to out bid a woman he hated, he lost out on an unexpected bonanza hidden in that jewelry box. One fools misfortune is another's gain.

Dawn was fortunate to befriend Connie, as she knew the perfect jeweler to value the treasures Dawn discovered. And, as it turned out, the jeweler who created some of the pieces Dawn found. Talk about hitting the mother load, without the need to swing a pick.

Dawn outed herself at the station, unintentionally, by just singing. As a result, Don ended up revealing Dawn to Lyle. Who was a gem because of his response to finding out.

But that Lyle found out about Dawn was a plus for Dawn when the remote came to pass. She did a marvelous job voicing as a recorded voice during the remote. A remote which could have gone belly up had Brett not had to step in and finish the broadcast. Lawrence may have just done his last gig for KVTX after his remote performance. And Dawn may just have inherited that time slot after her performance. Wild guess is that callers will want to know who the woman was in the "recordings."

Things appear to be about to get real interesting since Dawn's voice was aired.

Others have feelings too.