The Promotion Chapter 09: Miss Zita the seamstress.

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 09: Miss Zita the seamstress.
I remember it taking around 40 minutes to an hour to get from Long island to Manhattan, I had parked my car on some street In midtown and made my way to the Garment district , my lack of walking with a heels made walking feel uncomfortable and giddy with relief that I finally reached my destination. Its wasn’t much of warehouse like Miss Amanda had described but it building connected side by side with other building. As I entered I was greeted by a receptionist “hi you must be Ms. Pierce, Ms. Zita is down stairs in her workshop shop room waiting you’re arrival.” She said. As I went i saw Miss zita staring in the middle of her room waiting where she then came up to greet me “ah yes, you Must Ms. Pierce, I am Miss Zita your seamstress, I design Business suits and dresses for ladies around the world. Politicians, business women and a Kennedy that didn’t die tragically.” She said with heavy Hungarian accent as she shook my hand. “very nice to meet you, Miss Deborah said you had…um…a suit and couple dresses for me?” I said feeling intimidated, “yes of course, they’re in the closet.” Miss Zita said as she took three articles of clothing all protect with covers, she then placed 2 of 3 of clothes on the a table and held one with left hand, she then proceeded to unzip the cover “this your new suit, very high quality, would you like to feel?” she said as grabbed my wrist and brushed my hand against the fabric of suit. The suit was made out of taffeta and a mix polyester, it came with a matching below knee pencil skirt with a matching elegant bowler hat. “my advice is to see the dresses on the day you wear it.” Miss Zita said Making me feeling a little. “well thank you Miss zita it has been a pleasure, the suit is wonderful and I can’t wait the get to try the dresses on.” I said with a genuinely. I soon heading up the stair “wait! Miss Deborah, Miss Amanda said I need to measure you.” Shouted Miss Zita. "Oh, What for?” I said, “I was told my Miss Amanda to Make some suits for you, for next spring and summer.” Said Miss Zita. I went back down the steps and went towards what I assume to her Fitting corner, “uh, Please Miss Pierce you need to take of jacket.” Miss Zita said, I then took my jacket off and put it on top of the table with my Suit and dresses stacked together. Miss Zita then proceeded to measure my waist, my bust and my hips, as she measure breast she looked amazed at my breasts “I must say you have tremendous breasts for a lady your age.”

I look at her with an uneasy smile “thank you.” I said quietly. As I was finished the measuring I hung out in Miss Zita’s workshop a little longer to chat “it was nice working with you Ms. Pierce, I usually don’t interact with most of my clients.’ Miss zita said sipping a cup of tea, “it was my pleasure, your quite the tailor.” I said back to her, “hope you like the suit, I know the ladies at the “our lady of rose.” Church are going to adore it tomorrow.”. I looked at Miss Zita with a little bit of confusion “is that the name of the church, seems like an odd name for a church.” I said “oh yes Ms. Pierce, that church is the most prestigious in long island, not just anyone can get in.” said Miss Zita, “ well I hope it’s a good service, I haven’t been to church in so long.’ I said as I got my jacket from the stack of clothes. I smile then ran across Miss Zita’s face “oh, I think you will like.”

up
88 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good going

Chalana Rukshan's picture

Please write more age progression stories