Young Love, Chapter 18 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

"Yes, Heaven -- that beautiful place I went to. There was a wall with all kind of precious jewels and something that looked like a pearl was a gate. Buildings inside the wall were sparkling and shining and looked like gold. The street looked like it was gold, too, and shined so much that it seemed as if you could see through it."

Young Love
A Lizzie Jane Adventure
Chapter 18 (Final Chapter)
 
By Billie Sue Pilgrim

 

 

Chapter 18

"Lizzie Jane cannot be dead," cried Aunt Maudie.

Doc Brown tried one last thing even though there didn't seem to be any hope. He took his fist and hit one solid blow to Lizzie Jane's chest. Placing the stethoscope on her chest, he reported, "Her heart has started back." He promptly raised her head, took his finger and moved her tongue around, blew in her face causing her to gasp and she started breathing on her own.

"That is called a precordial thump. I read about it in a recent medical journal last week. Although it is supposed to be used in an observed cardiac arrest --- well, it worked. I moved the tongue around to open the airway. We still need to get her to a hospital quickly, though."

Lizzie Jane looked around, her eyes falling first on Jake, after that she saw the good doctor and Aunt Maudie.

"Jake..." she began.

"Shhh - hush dear, you don't need to talk," said Aunt Maudie.

"Yes, I do!" insisted Lizzie Jane. "I have something to say and it is important. I was not meant to die, so I was sent back."

"Sent back?" asked Aunt Maudie.

"Yes --- sent back. And Jake, I love you and I will marry you."

Jake said, "You told me that the last time you were going to a hospital and you lost your memory."

"This time I ain't going to no hospital and I know what I am saying. Please let me tell you something," insisted Lizzie Jane.

Doc Brown spoke, "You need some rest now -- and you need to go to a hospital for a mental evaluation."

"No, I don't. That is what I want to tell you."

"You are going to the hospital," insisted Jake.

"No, I am NOT going to no hospital."

"Yes, you are. I am bigger than you and I will carry you if necessary."

"And I had to rescue you one time! I am tough and I am okay. So there!!"

"Okay kids," said Doc Brown. "Let's put you on the bed and I will let you talk for just a minute and then we will decide what to do with you."

"Okay, while I was dead, I went to a beautiful place..." began Lizzie Jane.

"You wan't dead enough to go anywhere," said Jake.

"Shut up, husband, and let me talk. Time is nothing in Heaven."

"Heaven?" Doc Brown and Aunt Maudie questioned together.

"Yes, Heaven -- that beautiful place I went to. There was a wall with all kind of precious jewels and something that looked like a pearl was a gate. Buildings inside the wall were sparkling and shining and looked like gold. The street looked like it was gold, too, and shined so much that it seemed as if you could see through it."

Tears began to fill her eyes as she continued, "and the first person I saw was that little crippled girl who died when I was in the hospital. She ran up to the gate and hugged my neck and thanked me for telling her to go to Jesus. She had the prettiest smile,'

"and the next person I saw was my momma. She was smiling, too, and hugged my neck. I started to go in and momma said I couldn't. I asked why and she said that it was not time for me to die. Oh, the place was so pretty and I wanted to go in so bad, but momma wouldn't let me. She said our heavenly father had a message for me.

"She pointed toward a bright light which I could not look at because it was so bright. It was God. I wondered how could I talk to God when I could not see him. Then a man walked out of the light. He looked like a normal man, except that he was beautiful. I cannot explain that. He walked toward me and said that I could talk to God by talking to him. That was why he came to earth one time as a man, so that people could know God. He showed me his hands and I saw scars -- big scars and he said, 'This is where I was wounded in the house of my friends'.

"He told me the same thing momma had told me many times -- that I had something to do on earth -- that I would be a good wife to a wonderful husband and have children and that I should carry them to church where they could learn about God. He told me that I have a long life ahead of me and God would use me in a marvelous way -- in such a way that I would not believe right now -- that all things that has happened to me was preparing me for that work.'

"I asked who my husband will be and he said that when I wake up, the man who was prepared to be my husband would be the first person I would see. When I came back, the first person I saw was Jake."

Turning her head to Jake, "So I guess we are destined to be married."

Jake smiled. Lizzie Jane continued, "and I am sorry for what I did. But my attempt at taking my life was for a good reason."

Jake replied, "I am sorry for what I said, too."

Looking at the small group, Lizzie Jane ended with, "so I was sent back. The man with scars in his hands said that Doc Brown would be given the knowledge on what to do to bring me back, but that he would not believe it would work."

"I didn't think it would work," said Doc Brown, "but Maudie was screaming and crying, so I had to try something. You see, you did not have a heart attack. You choked to death."

Aunt Maudie had to say something. "Dear, do you not know who that man was that had the scars in his hands?"

"No, not really. I thought in Heaven, all scars would be done away with," answered Lizzie Jane.

"That man was Jesus. He will keep his scars to show that he died as a sacrifice for us so that we can go to Heaven. The scars is where they nailed his hands to the cross with those big ole nails. When we talk to God, we go through Jesus. The Bible says he is our mediator between us and God. He was a man that others could see and handle, so that we could go to God."

"So, Doc -- I am well, healthy and a good mind. God did it and he did it perfectly." Lizzie Jane turned toward Jake. "Now I know there will never be anyone but you in my life."

"Wonder how many children we will have?" Jake wondered aloud in a joking manner.

"Oh, I guess about a dozen --- for a start."

 
 
The End-

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wonderful Way To End Your Story

Billie Sue, I have come to love Lizzie Jane as if she were my sister. And now you have ended the story in a very positive and charming way. Do you have a working Title to the next book and will you let Erin place your completed books into the Doppler Press?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Wonderful Way To End Your Story

Well, I never know what my next story is going to be, so I don't have a title. I had a problem getting coming up with a title for my western adventure on Fictioneer.

Publishing some of my stories? Well, we will see. -smile-

Love,
Billie Sue

Billie Sue

Thank you

For your inspiring story.

Hugs, Fran

Hugs, Fran

Thank you

Thank you, Fran, for reading it.

Love,
Billie Sue

Billie Sue

She had too much to do to die

I'm mildly supprised mom didn't scold her for trying to get out of her destiny. Nice she saw the little sick girl again.

She did tell Lizzie before she had a great life ahead of her, no supprize she did so again. Now that Jake knows she will be his, no reservations, he needs to be patient and work hard to be loving, educated and a sucess to help raise those ten or more kids right. He can be patient now that she has said yes for sure. No need to be a teen mother, but at say 22 ... Ten or more kinds? Jake will die fron sexual exhaustion, but happy -- snicker --

I still think Lizzie will be a nurse or teacher at least or maybe yet a doctor with Jake as her nurse/orderly/handyman who returns to the rural town to bring medicine to those most in need, almost like a missionary post. Maybe part of her destiny beyond being a good example and influence will be her children being doctors, nurses, teachers, engineers, ministers, and always fine citizens.

I wouldn't be half suprized if one or more of the girls from the kidnapping/island chapters comes back to be a friend as she becomes an adult.

Overtly regious but done in a way few could object and it fits the characters well. Charming as usual.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Jake waan't one of the boys who stole his clothes way back in chapter one part one thus starting him on the path to becomeing Lizzie? I forget but if it was, Heaven was being very naughty. Talk about interwining destinies.

John in Wauwatosa

She had too much to do to die

John,

What a wonderful response. Mom didn't scold her because it all worked to the good. Lizzie Jane realized that nothing would prevent her from reaching her pre-ordained destiny. Also, the big question was answered: She received a clear answer as to her future husband would be.

I didn't realize how it sounded when I wrote it, but in reading it again, I laughed at Lizzie Jane's comment to Jake:

"Shut up, husband, and let me talk."

Sounds like a couple already married, doesn't it? This is the first time that Lizzie Jane had said anything like that to Jake.

Concerning Lizzie Jane's future, we will just have to wait and see, I suppose.

I hope present readers will continue with me and more will be added. In my mind, we have a long way to go in Lizzie Jane's life. Everything that has happened will be useful for the future.

Also, about Jake stealing the clothes -- It was a girl name Josie who stole the clothes of the boys.

Jake was introduced in the story as a brother to Lizzie Jane's crippled friend. (Remember -- they rescued her from being sacrificed in the cemetary.)

Love,
Billie Sue

Billie Sue

Ooops!

Right on Jake. She IS sounding like a long married couple.

Never heard much about his sister later on or that Jesse.

I'll have to read some of your Fictoneer stuff

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Jake's Sister

I thought some of you who did not remember how Lizzie Jane and Jake met, here is an except from an earlier story:

______________________________________________________________

Lizzie Jane became acquainted with a crippled girl who lived on an adjoining farm. In her spare time, Lizzie Jane visited Jean Wall to try to cheer her up. Jean had become so discouraged because of her physical condition that she would go into deep depression and just the appearance of Lizzie Jane usually made her feel better.

So, in just a few days, they became the best of friends and soon her brother became part of the circle, except when they would have their giggling spells over some silly girl talk. During that time, Jake would sneak off and leave them alone, but, as Jean’s brother, he was always nearby for support. Jean and Jake were very close and there isn’t anything one would not do for the other.

Billie Sue

Lizzie Jane

I would like to thankyou for a most wonderful story. I must say I was delighted more than once the God and Jesus were mentioned in you story. I, too am a Christian. It touched my heart that Lizzie Jane liked to help people. Most of all that she shared God and Jesus with others. She did so by example. This story has made me so happy. Thankyou ever so much.
I would like to read more adventures of Lizzie Jane.

In His Love,
Becky