Sensible wishes

Printer-friendly version

Sensible wishes

By: Set3

Cliff Brind, an accountant, had just released a Djinn from the bottle he had bought while at a garage sale on the weekend. The Djinn offered three wishes to Cliff for freeing him from his imprisonment before leaving to parts unknown. Cliff adjusted the glasses that had fallen down his nose as he thought of his wishes while the Djinn floated there in disinterest.

"I suppose my first wish would be," Cliff started, "To always succeed in any profession I choose," he finished with a smile.

The Djinn noticeably sighed in dismay, "Done," he grumbled in a booming voice.

Cliff nodded, "For my second wish, I wish to have a watch that will always tell the correct time to where I am that will never break or run down and I'll never loose," he told him.

The Djinn's upper lip noticeably twitched, frustrated at this puny excuse of a human and his incredably mundane wish. He would have left if his pride wouldn't allow it as he already promised the mortal three wishes. The fact these incredably boring wishes provided little leeway for him to twist in a way that would amuse him. He snapped his fingers and a wrist watch appeared on Cliff's wrist. Beautifully crafted, Cliff had to run a finger across its face before he looked back up at the Djinn who looked like he was ready to flip out.

"For my final wish," Cliff paused as he blushed thinking of a bike messenger that frequented his office. She was a pretty little tart who was always kind to him and laughed at his bad jokes. He liked her but wasn't sure if he liked her liked her. Still, if there was ever a way he could find out, this genie would be the way to find out. "I wish I can be close to Betty," he said finally.

The Djinn, still floating, instantly stood up from his apparent rested horizontal position and put both hands on his knees as he looked at Cliff in the eyes. A large predatory smile was on his face. "Your wish," he said with a bow, "Is my command," he boomed as Cliff blinked from existence.

Some time later a girl, bike messenger by trade, was just getting in the door of her shared apartment. After closing the door, she began to disrobe as she walked across towards the bathroom for a much needed shower. On walking through the living room, she passed her flatmate who was reading the latest gossip mag on the sofa. She looked up as Betty passed by.

"Another hard day?" she asked, not caring of Betty's lack of clothing.

"Yeah, I tell you, the jerkoff's they let drive these days really piss me off. This one guy today, didn't even look at me as he turned into me. It was like I wasn't even there for Christ sakes," she fumed.

Her flatmate rolled her eyes as she looked at her as she passed by and sighed, "Are you still wearing those stupid panties?"

Betty paused before rounding the corner to go down the hall, "Yeah, so what?"

"They're so corny," she said with a bemused look.

"Hey," Betty said as she turned back, "I like these. They're comfy and they give me luck. How'd you think I was able to avoid that asshole I was tellin' you about?"

"Dumb luck and skills honey!" she replied. "Besides, they look ridicules don't you think?"

Betty looked down at her green silk panties. Aside from them being silk, the only thing out of the ordinary is a little analog watch sitting where the typical bow would be.

"I think the watch looks cute, it always keeps the right time and I haven't had to get it fixed or replace the battery. Not to mention that I think it looks distinctive, like my own personal brand," she said in a huff of defiance as she turned, making her way to the bathroom.

Her flatmate just rolled her eyes again before going back to her magazine, "Where'd she even get those things anyway?" she muttered.

On entering the bathroom Betty shed the last of her clothing, being her bra and favorite panties, turned on the water and started her shower.

The panties, which held the consciousness of Cliff, laid on the floor. Unable to move, all he could do was watch and think, and wait. He had long since stopped crying out for the genie to come back and make him human again. He had to admit that the genie had granted his wishes to the letter. He had his watch, and he was as close to Betty as he was ever going to get. And thanks to his first wish, he would never wear out and always be in the same condition as when Betty first put him on. As reluctant as he was to admit it. He now had all the time in the world to decide if he like liked Betty.

THE END

up
133 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Always be careful of what you

Always be careful of what you wish for, you just may get it, but in the way you expected.

Oh brother!!

Jamie Lee's picture

This is like Foxx Mulder wishing for world peace, and the genie made everyone, but Foxx, disappear.

We know what we mean when we say something, most of the time. But others have to have some reference point to understand. And if they don't then they read into it anything the want.

Being close to someone can mean many things. One being the one the genie chose.

Just one question. How does she tell time without peering down her pants or shorts? Or lifting her dress?

Others have feelings too.

I think...

She was just being defensive like how someone would explain a guilty pleasure. It's more likely that she just noticed that the watch when she was pulling out her panties out of her drawers one day and checked that it did have the right time before putting them on.