Don’t Blame Me I’m A Martian-36

Printer-friendly version

Don’t Blame Me I’m A Martian-36

*Before…

Not that it’s all bad here, it’s not there’s horrible things going on here but the people. The ones that are good and caring and kind and brave.
They’re worth saving.
I wake up when Serra does and she’s sitting up and she’s looking out our window and I’m trying to see what’s going on out there and I see a girl that looks like she’s a truck stop prostitute and she looks like she’s in trouble from two large guys that have her cornered and looking like they want to get her into their transport truck.
I look at her and Serra is looking like she’s riding the fence on helping or having us stay under the radar.
I give her a look, a long look and she nods. “Get the engine going we’re leaving, I won’t be long.”
“Be careful, they might be armed.”
She kisses me. “One knife and the other has a handgun.”
Then she’s out and she’s walking towards them and I can feel her building her power for the fight and channeling it through her nerves and muscles.
I start the engine and pull out of the parking spot and watch things as they unfold.
*And Now…Serra.

I just couldn’t stand by and just watch.

We’ve been out here with the human’s a long time and nothing should surprise me.

I guess the only thing that does with me being a soldier is the fact after everything that I’ve seen, been through, felt...done that I still give a shit.

I can’t help it.

That girl could be my kid.

That kid is someone’s kid.

And that’s why I’m doing this.

And she’s terrified.

I can empathically feel it rippling off her in waves.

Feel them too.

No cameras they made sure they parked to block what they were doing.

Good.

I pull my hat down more and walk straight in.

Not skulking and doing the stealth TV thing but up to the front of the truck going out of their line of sight then around the fender/bumper corner and right up to the two of them.

A really fast walk.

Sneaking causes attention from those looking outside.

Running up to people causes them to look at you.

And no yelling, no talking, no getting their attention by saying anything like “Hey Stop.”

Nope instead I have my energy focused...pushing my electrical field to speed my nerves and make my muscles exceed normal ranges.

The guy I sense with the gun is first and on the other side of the other guy who has his knife out and has the girl by the hair.

He can wait as I take a half step passed his peripheral vision and into range for the guy that has the gun and I hit hit plain and simple before he really registers me as there. His eyes are just starting to track me as I deliver a snap kick to his temple.

I have to actually be careful not to kill him but his pupils hadn’t even focussed on me when his universe goes sideways as does his body and he careens face first into the trailer of one of the trucks.

His nose goes crunch, teeth get broken.

And I use all that power in me all that strength to yank my leg down fast...that force spins me around. And I backhand the guy with the knife in the back of the head, the other foot as it comes around striking behind his knees in a sweep and my hand on the sweeping side grabs the girl and pulls her clear as he hits the ground.

I let go of her as soon as I know he’s not going to pull her down and I’m facing him as he went flat on his back.

I don’t wait either.

Nothing as fancy as the other stuff.

I stomp his balls and with my force it’s doing life long damage.

He sits up to howl and I punch him full in the face knocking him out before he can scream.

I sort of .look at the girl but not fully so she doesn’t see me.

Shift my voice sounding south western in accent.

“You should get outta here kid before I have to arrest ya too.”

I’m not Stevie able to push hard on thoughts but I sort of spike her fear response of Cop!

She turns and runs away fast.

Yeah I could try and help her but with what’s chasing us she’d get killed or used as a hostage if they caught up to us.

I riffle through their stuff taking wallets, money in pockets, the gun a 9mm sig and the knife.

I literally roll them under their rigs and use their keys to get into their cabs...spare ammo, a baseball bat, unopened beef jerky, spare still sealed water bottles and everything else is just disgusting.

I hop out and take the keys with me and hop into the vehicle as Stevie pulls up.

*Stevie...

Even as I watch Serra go and she’s so determined she’s also no fool either. I’m not great shakes as a fighter but Serra...in our people her kind fight and they fight to win.

It’s over before I’m even pulling up and she’s getting in and tossing things in the back but going over the gun.

“I hate guns.”

She looks at me. “They’re just guns, it’s the people.”

I pull out and hit the highway.

“Exactly, people are by and large panicky, untrained, untested buttholes who think their 2nd amendment rights equal actual proficiency.”

She’s looking at me smiling.

“What?”

“I love it when you go all peacenik on me.”

I shoot her a side eye, purse my lips. “Good, I’m a healer I’m not going to change.”

She looks good though...a side effect of her power boost is all that power through her muscles makes everything look all freshly worked out and really buff.

And she’s actually so beautiful as well...She’s Tu’ani and that means she’s mostly female but not too...sort of intersex like humans or not us have but we’re more stable, more defined as not just genders but as sexes too. Sure we reproduce like normal binary folk but there’s definite differences.

But Serra...outside from the facility is tall, strong shouldered with clear skin save some interesting and cur freckles. Tan skin with hints in there of some mixed lineage from our people settling in South America.

Deep honey blonde and just...curve but muscle like one of those not overly developed body builder women.

And worse she’s actually flirting sort of, being cute.

And this sort of jockette military hard ass too.

I lean over and kiss her softly and pouring my sexuality into it a bit.

I feel her vibrate a little her body thrumming.

“I think it’s called something else now babe, Reagan’s not president any more.”

Yep we’re actually that old.

No, we haven’t been out of things that long….I’m just joking.

She smiles and she nods rubbing her forehead against mine.

“At least we got out before Nixon’s head in a jar got elected.”

I laugh a little and we pull out of there heading west again on the highway.

As good as this was…

As amazing as Serra just was…

We’re still on the run and she’s still sitting in the passenger seat going over a handgun and has clips of rounds and boxes of ammo in her lap.

And part of me really hates this.

up
161 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Re-entry

Podracer's picture

The Martians are back, thank Walston. The alternate, but educated, gender view is fascinating.
Er, yeah, plot's kind of good too ;)

"Reach for the sun."

Does happy dance!

Yes, another chapter has arrived!

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Seconded!

koala's picture

May I have your hand for the dance? Ha!

p.s. 'Project: Super Soldier'? umm - please?

Koala

Inside every older person is a young person wondering what the heck happened.

Hit Hard and Run

terrynaut's picture

Yeah. So this chapter hits hard and runs just like Serra. Good length for the chapter then, I think.

I'm just happy to see another chapter. I can't wait until they meet up with Dylan. But I will.

Thanks and kudos (number 27).

- Terry

Sixteen Feet of

Is there any steel in our future?

Another wonderful chapter.....

D. Eden's picture

To a really good story!

But the best part is simply seeing you writing again Hon! I know real life gets in the way - trust me, I know, but we all have to stay ahead of it. I'm really glad you are doing that, and I'm really glad to hear from you again.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

fast and hard

good to see anything new from you. hope all is going well. thanks