Chasing Tales Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version


Chasing Tales

Chapter 3

Here we go again.

Ember stepped forward farther into the room, suddenly a force with in her burst to the surface. With a shimmering energy wave Ember changed into the Elemental being.

Across the caves in the Great Hall of Sanctuary another change came about changing Queen Angel into her Ancient Dragon form. The change causing alarm all over the palace sending maids panicking.

The two powerful shockwaves that past through the caves was like nothing anyone had ever felt before in the history of Sanctuary! Every mage in the caves felt the power level jump off the scale in a moment.

A more startling change came over Amber. She glowed brightly for several moments then there was two of her. They looked at each other then fainted. Dan moved to the two women on the floor. After checking them both he turned on the Elemental. "What have you done to her?" He yelled and in that small room it seemed even louder. Dan was scared this was magic beyond any he had seen before. With a wave of her hand the Elemental froze Dan in his tracks.

The Elemental said "All True Chosen are twins. Amber's Twin needed to be released from inside her. She will live to play her part in the final battle... probably. Hear this and heed me well, all will be decided by the end of the summer! So prepare as well as you can for the end. Beware the hidden ones!" With a sigh the Elemental shifted back to Ember and crumpled to the ground. Grandmother stepped to Embers side.

After Ember crumpled Dan unfroze. He was still mad but did not move from the two Amber's side. His concern warring with his anger on his face. This was not going well for him.

At the same time in the palace the Dragon Roared then shifter back to the Queen. The Queen crumpled on the throne causing panic in her maids. For a time no one knew what to do. Then Jenny the Queen's #1 assistant began to take control and see to the Queen.

At the same time in the Grand Mage's house Grandmother took over and sent for a healer and got everything moving again.

Janis checked on the Queen and Grand Mage first then the Ambers. She said "There is nothing I can do but wait till they wake. They are exhausted more than anything else."

Grandmother thanked her and seen to the running of the house while Ember was out of it.
About two hours later Ember and Angel woke at the same time. Both Amber's slept on. Grandmother kept Ember in bed for the night to be sure she was ready to get up and going. Jenny did the same for the Queen.

During all this the attacks continued on the Mirror rooms with neither side gaining advantage. Darla and Quin the Assistant Grand Mage were kept busy with the defense of Sanctuary. The rest of the Six of Sanctuary spread through out the caves to help keep things running. Mages, Knights and Dragons prepared for War.

While resting Ember pondered what the Elemental meant when referring to the "Hidden Ones"? She wondered why if the Elemental was a part of her why did she not know what the Elemental knew? For it did seem to be that way.

Ben entered the bedroom slowly not to wake his wife if he could help it. It was no use of course because she was already awake. Ember watched her husband undress. She would have told any one they were crazy if they told her she would be a married woman at this age. She laughed to herself, "Things moved so fast, I wonder what would have happened if Jenny would have never tried to open the portal from the story I was telling her. That started this roller coaster that her life had become."

Ben said "What great thoughts are coursing through that lovely brain of yours my love?" Ben could always draw her out when he talked like that so she told him what she was thinking. Ben considered this for a moment then said "Love, You can't change the past so lets work on the future." Man of few words he was he always tried to use the right ones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angel was pensive. She knew just as Ember did that War was coming to Sanctuary and there was nothing she as Queen could do about it. Unlike her sister Ember, Angel did not have a Husband to calm her fears. This she would need to take totally on her own shoulders. Jenny and the rest of the Six tried to help but in the end it came down to her ability to cope with all this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grandmother was worried. The kids had faced a lot since re-founding Sanctuary, but nothing like this. This time she was powerless to help! The End was coming fast she needed to be ready to jump reality streams if this one went bad. "Pleas get it right this time!" she sent her thoughts out to the universe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Twins were dreaming. Amy and Rose were sharing their dreams again. Like the small kids they are their dreams were full of magic and love. But even here there was a hint of what is to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember snuggled up to Ben and finally fell asleep. Tomorrow will be soon enough for such thoughts. She began to dream.

Jenny and I were talking at school. I was telling her tales of the Grand Hall of Crystalis. She was lapping it up. She loved my stories. I was fond of telling them and always had a never ending notebook of them. She would ask questions and I would have answers ready for all of them.

"No this can't be happening again!" Ember yelled in her mind!

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Eric Vine. I am a 14 year old guy who lives in a small town in Washington state. I am not that much to look at 5 foot even and 100 lbs plain as the day is long. I am the totally invisible type. If it was not for my knack at telling tales no one would notice me at all. Jenny Fay on the other hand is 5 foot 2 inches 105 lbs of pure loveliness. She has red hair that looked like a artist painted it with the colors of a sunset. Well back to the story.

Damb I was a dweeb back then.

This time I was telling her how the mages got to the hall. I described the way to pass through a full size mirror by magic. We were in the class room where she was making a dress for class. I was just hanging out and telling tales to keep her company. Jenny stopped me for a moment with a question. "You said that only those bearing the Rose Crest can pass through the mirror?" she asked. "Yep you have to have the ring to get in." I replied. She asked me to describe the ring again. I did and she got this sly look in her eye. "Sounds just like the ring you wear on your finger." Darn it she caught me. I grinned and held up my hand. "Well what do you know I guess you are right." I tried to joke it off. She took my hand looked at the ring and shrugged.

That's not right? That's when she took my ring. I still have that ring somewhere.

Life went on and Jenny and I got even closer. As we started to date I decided she needed to know about the other side of my life. So I told her one more tale. This tale was my life story. To prove what I was saying I shifted into Ember. She freaked for a bit but then calmed down. So I took the next step, opening the portal. That went well and I held out my hand to her. We walked through the portal.

At that point I woke with a start. My thoughts of yesterday brought to mind. My dream showed what would have happened if Jenny did not take and use my ring that first time.


To be continued

As always comments are welcome and loved.

up
159 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh My!!!

Alecia Snowfall's picture

Oh MY! Here we go again with the twists and turns! Buckles up kids, we're in for a wild ride!

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Ember needs to use her powers

Ember needs to use her powers to secure and keep Sanctuary safe. She pretty much built it by her magic, so she should be able to defend it as well, especially with the help of her Grandmother and the other Mages to back her up.

There's something wrong with

There's something wrong with the dream...why that particular moment? Why only Jenny? Hmm, makes me suspicious of her and the elemental's prophecy!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Keep it going please.

I am liking this. Was it the Tangents attacking them or some other unknown party, we are going to need more firepower I guess. ;)