The Station's Late Nite Princess -chapter 01

Printer-friendly version

 

The Stations Late Nite Princess cover art.png
Chapter 1 of
 
  The Station's
 Late Nite
  Princess

 

up
781 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

sweet start

Dawnfyre's picture

This one looks to be as interesting as Frills and Nightmare rider. Can't wait for the next posting.


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.

sweet start

to what I am sure is going to be another great story, Thank you Snow.
really looking forwards to seeing where it goes from here.
Matt

Fantastic

Couldn't get any better, you need to quit your day job and write more, such talent. You said there would be daily updates, right? I do love your work and buy the Amazon version as soon as it is available.

Hugs
Francesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

TBH

Alecia Snowfall's picture

To Be Honest; this IS my day job. Thank you for the compliment. new chapter every friday, I like giving something good for the weekend.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

I have to wait each Friday

I have to wait each Friday again for one of your great stories? :( I'll go ahead and get it on amazon now if it is available. I really enjoyed your other stories and am liking this one already. Thank you for them :)

Voice prank

That voice prank on Perry at the shop gave me a good giggle attack! This story reminds me a lot of Frills.

Jessica

Thank you

sugar_britches63's picture

Thank you for the wonderful start to what I hope is another long lived series and maybe a new book. I like the fact that Marty seems so supportive, even if not yet aware that he may have a daughter and not a son.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Promising!

This seems to be destined to be very cool. I like where you're taking this! I'm just really curious about the opening scene and when we'll be back to it? You've given us something to look forward to on Fridays again!

doing female voices

that's a cool talent. I wish my voice sounded more feminine ...

DogSig.png

Most of us don't have that ease that she has for voices

From personal experience, voice training was not pleasant at all. YMMV but it took about 7 years before it became second nature and not have my throat muscles tensed from the stress of retraining them to raise my voice a full octave.

Maybe most people are not masochistic enough to put themselves through so much torture but *shrug*.

The payoff for me was well worth it. I can now do a very credible version of 'Part of Your World', 'the' song for me that came out when I went full time finally, which coincidentally was when 'The Little Mermaid' came out.

The song is a cliche now but I don't care as it is a personal accomplishment for me to have a decent singing voice after practicing for three years now. But I won't quit my day job of course ;-)

An excellent start!

Bobbie Sue's picture

I would have expected no less from you. It was worth the wait.

Another great story!

GypsyWoman's picture

You got my interest. Can't wait for more! *claps*

Kat H

Another wonderful Snowfall

Another wonderful Snowfall story. I feel blessed. Will we be able to purchase this on Amazon as well?

availability

Alecia Snowfall's picture

The Station's Late Nite Princess will run for 29 chapters on BCTS and shortly thereafter will go on sale on Amazon. As with my other stories that have gone on Amazon, the free version will come down but I assure those who purchase, they will not be disappointed with that version.*winks*

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Just...

Podracer's picture

Good! What else is there to say? There have been a few series which have taken me in straight away, this is definitely one, Snowfall.

Does Marty suspect that his lad isn't quite what the facade shows? They are surely close enough, but Marty seems to be caring enough to take whatever comes.

Apparently my phone voice is deceiving - must have been the head cold or something. Or the dodgy cordless phone.

"Reach for the sun."

Love your writing style.

Love your writing style.
Gonna be followin' this un fer sure.

Way to go ...

This is a great start. More please.

T

Nice start

shadow fall's picture

You have captured my interest from so many stories that are posted each day. To have a young lad recording a demo tape and looking for a job, but what job will he get that is the question? Will he need to dress for a part to get an interview for the new job. His ability to do voice work might have him only behind the scenes, starting first at a radio station, just looking at the story's title but he seems to be planning for a better job than a radio station. I have know Idea what you have come up with and will certainly keep an eye on this story and am looking forward to many chapter.

Thank you

Jamie

Aww this is so sweet

Such a lovely, tight relationship the family has. And don is a cool kid, although you haven't realllllly touched upon their experience in school or socially, i can guess that will come.

The AV teacher is cool. Their dad is super cool. Don is cool! (I wish i could do voices!) Annnnnd i have to wonder, even with don's independence... does marty know about their preference for women's clothes? I'm kinda assuming don is trans but it must be nice to be so motivated... i suck at makeup!

Xx
Amy

Ps. Looking forward to more :3

Not surprising ...

I hope that his dad's love will survive what is coming. The vote count is the highest that I can remember ever seeing.

Gwen

I have to agree with all the comments.

It took me awhile to get to read this beginning chapter, but it was well worth waiting for. I'll be looking forward to Fridays now for more of this story, as much for the end of the week.

Thanks for writing it and allowing us to read it. I also have to agree with Gwen. Right now the story stands at 299 kudos! IMHO it's well worth that total, with more to come, I'm sure.

Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Really good beginning

Jamie Lee's picture

The first part of this story caught my attention when the one guy was about to take on, and take out apparently, five guys. And it wouldn't take very long. How?

Unlike some stories where mom dies and grief keeps the other parent totally lost, ruining whatever relationship they had with their children, this story shows dad and son to have a close bond. A loving bond. Even though, it appears, Don dresses slightly different when at home. And Marty doesn't notice or doesn't mind.

At school, Don seems like the average kid, on that goes unnoticed. But how long does that last? Does his hair become the target which gets him noticed? Or is it something else?

And one more question. Don is 16. He doesn't have a job, yet. Marty just gave him a car, a nothing fancy car. Only stipulation is that Don must pay for gas, insurance, and upkeep.

Now I seem to remember that at 16, the cost for insurance for me was out past the moon. So how is Don going to afford the cost of insurance for him without a job? Knowing how expensive it will be, much of what he will earn will go just for insurance.

I'll have to keep reading so I learn how one guy is about to take out five guys.

Others have feelings too.

This is a different type of

This is a different type of story, quite nice. I love where it's going.

Karen

Just exactly...

waif's picture

...what I have come to expect from this author.

I am looking forward to new installments.

waif

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

Google It

I looked up the '98 Probe, and it's a good-looking car!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

98 Probe

Alecia Snowfall's picture

Yeah. I used to own one and it was a cool little car. That's why I put it in.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall