Gene's Story or How I Gained a Cousin Chapter 32

Printer-friendly version
"Ellen and Jinny.jpg
Gene's Story
or How I Gained a Cousin

A novel by Karen Lockhart


Copyright 2016
 



It's funny how things happen to change your life and the way you look at things



CHAPTER 32

Well, I awoke with my virtue intact; however I could get used to spooning on chilly mornings, with an arm across my waist, although I would prefer a hairier arm.

I quickly ran into the loo, attended to business, and ran back to the room, waking Ginny on the way.

She had a shower first, as she had some work ahead of her making me girlier than she was. When she was finished, I went into the bathroom to shower with 'don't get your hair wet' echoing around the room.

I came out with a towel wrapped around me, and quickly dressed in bra and panties.

“Okay, sit at the table,” Ginny ordered. “Good thing you got all this makeup from our trip to Macy's.”

She started with a moisturizer whilst muttering under her breath 'OMG this will take time'. Next she brushed on foundation from my neck to my hair line, and stood back and looked at the job so far. She picked up a different brush and a darker powder; this went along my cheek bones and along my nose, causing me to sneeze.

“Sit still dammit,” she said. “The quieter you are, the faster I'm done.”

“Yes ma'am, I'll freeze.”

Next she started on my eye lashes, gluing individual lashes to my own. As if I'll do this myself. She then used a mascara pen to thicken both mine and the glued-on ones. Out came the brush again mixing a dark green with a dark blue, making my eyes more oval, and with some sparkles making them look like someone else's.

“Let me see, let me see,” I begged.

“Not yet, I still have the lips to do.”

With that she rubbed something on my lips, than took a dark red pencil thing and began outlining them. She then picked up a lip gloss in dark pink and went to town, squeezing my lips and than telling me to purse my lips. Finally after putting a little powder on my lips, she stood back, and said “TA DA, who is this mystery woman?”

“Let me see! OH MY GOD, is that me? I look beautiful! You must teach me how to do this.”

“When we get home. For now, put on the outfit I laid on the bed while I do my face.”

“I can't wear this, it only just covers my ass, not only that, I'll freeze.”

“Get dressed,” Ginny snarled. “I'm starved, let's go downstairs for the buffet.”

We filled our plates with scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and fruit before finding a table.

“Why don't you get a newspaper, and I'll get us coffee,” she said, “Black, right?”

While we ate, we scanned the local paper. Nothing earth shattering.

I let Ginny drive again. I was the navigator, easy-peasy with GPS. In no time we were pulling into the parking lot at the clinic.

After entering and walking up to a smiling Hispanic woman, we introduced ourselves. This evoked even a bigger smile, “Yes, we were expecting you two today, my name is Denise.”

Looking at me she said “Oh my, you are gorgeous, there's not much we need to do for you, what does your cousin Ellen think?”

Mission accomplished. Ginny spoke up, “Denise, I'm the prospective patient, not her.”

Poor girl she almost died from embarrassment!

“Forgive us, we did an exceptional job on Ellen's makeup, figuring most TS girls would look that way. It worked, lets see how many other times it happens today.”

She looked at me again, and asked “Cis-woman?”

“All my life.” I smiled.

She led us down a hallway to the practice's manager's office, knocked and led us into an airy room with windows along one side.

“Cathy, this is Ellen and Virginia Hanson, they're doing a visit before committing to anything. By the way girls, I transitioned in 2010. Cathy is the gal that makes this place run, and smoothly. When Cathy has filled you in, I'll be taking you around the clinic.”

“Won't you have a seat, How about a coffee or a cold drink?” she asked. “Oh my, looking at you two, I think I may make a fool of my self.” Looking back and forth again, she settled on Ginny. “It's wonderful to see family support, so many people have to go it alone.....”

She stopped, when we broke up laughing again, this time tears were threatening to ruin Ginny's hard work.

“I've got the wrong one haven't I.” she smiled. “It was planned, wasn't it? By you two? Well, you got me,” she laughed.

“We hoped to fool someone, Ginny always is on my back to do some makeup, rather than just lipstick and a little perfume. Sorry.”

“It is nice to see a woman walk in here being able to fool me and Denise both! Now, if you decide to use our services, I will be handling your whole journey, I'll guide you through the requirements, the travel details, and what to expect before, and after your surgery. Why don't you take these booklets to study. Now before I hand you back to Denise, have either of you any questions?”

Ginny thought for a minute before asking, “How much of this is covered by insurance?”

“Normally quite a bit, but Jean handles insurance and billing. You'll meet her later.”

“How long is the total stay? Recuperation?” I asked.

“Generally two weeks in all, but everyone heals at a different rate, and we can manage your pain better in the Clinic than if you were just staying in a hotel.”

“If there are no further questions, let me call Denise. She'll introduce you to Jean. Jean will fill you in on most of things you'll want to ask about insurance and to be honest, she runs the place, not me.”

Denise stuck her head around the door and asked if we were ready for our next stop. I guess we looked a little overwhelmed at this point.

Denise laughed, “It's not that bad, we won't have you go home with that look on your faces, bad for business.”

“Before we talk with Jean, why don't we have lunch in the cafeteria? Follow me.”

It was a better than average cafeteria, every thing smelled really good. I got two grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato and ham slices, and a small order of french fries. Ginny got two huge slices of pizza. We both got diet Pepsi's, don't ask me why.

After we ate, Denise brought us past Cathy's office to an identical room facing the east, rather than west like Cathy's.

“Jean, here are the ladies I told you about. The taller girl is Ellen, and the dark-haired girl is Virginia. Girls, this is Jean, the heart that makes this place beat.“

She looked up, went from Ginny to me and back, before asking which one put us up to this. “It's not funny, Denise, ever since you graduated from here, you keep bringing in ringers. I'm too busy to play games.”

Now three of us were laughing. “Sorry, we decided to play a game with you all. We'll stop. I'm Ellen, this is my cousin Virginia, who may need plumbing correction.”

“Nice to meet you girls, I'm Jean. I really am the one who takes care of the important stuff, money. I'll set up office visits, I contact your insurance company to get pre-authorization on surgical fees, and I'll fight to make your Co-Pays as small as possible. I'll also make sure you and Ellen have hotel reservations.”

She smiled, “Here comes the question again, anything you wish to ask about?”

Ginny and I were overloaded with information and questions, and it must showed on our faces.

Denise looked at Jean, “Are you two staying overnight, will you be able to come back tomorrow?”

We nodded yes.

“Wonderful, Ellen, Ginny, you can sleep on the information we gave you and any questions you may have, then tomorrow I've arranged a tour. That will be a good time to clear up any questions.”

We made our goodbyes to Jean and Denise and headed for our rented Toyota. Once inside, I asked Ginny what she thought.

“It's overwhelming, a lot to take in. I am glad we're going to sleep on the information. I have a year to get ready, I guess.”

We returned to our room, kicked off our shoes and watched the news before ordering from room service.

We returned to the large single bed, “No fooling around Ginny, no spooning again!”

“Good night, Ellen.”

To be continued.

Many thanks to Bronwen Welsh for her help in correcting typos and punctuation

up
215 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like Genny

Renee_Heart2's picture

Is getting information overload both ladies are. But I hope it all works out in the next year.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Nagging Worries

waif's picture

I keep waiting for the other shoe (Morales) to drop. This is such a huge event, I am glad that they are doing all their due diligence, rather than just taking the blood money and fly to Thailand.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

They could take a taxi to

They could take a taxi to downtown Boston shortly. Check out my blog about the BMC!

Karen

New 5 year old

Jamie Lee's picture

Ginny does Ellen's makeup and she instantly turns into a 5 year old with a new toy. It's a priceless moment. By the way she responded she should wear makeup more often.

It seems Ginny has finally slowed a bit. After their first day, she said she has a year to get ready. Finally, the light bulb has lit.

Others have feelings too.