The Third Host - Origins : (The beginning)

Printer-friendly version

"The Mythology of a World"
((warning: this is semi-spoilerish for the 'separate' stories that will follow but not really more so then the tags))

In the before times when the world was young and man was newly upon it, there arose a war in Heaven. A great host of Angels lead by Lucifer, the shinning one, the bringer of light, also called Venus rose up in rebellion against the rule of The Almighty for they were jealous of Hir younger children the creation called Man. But as Lucifer stormed the throne of Heaven to make hir demands or overthrow The Lord Hirself, there arose another great host to oppose hir lead by the Angel Michelle who loved hir Creator with fierce and valiant love. And so the two hosts raged against each other becoming all out war in the Heavens.

However the two great hosts did not account for all the residents of the heavens, there were those who did not take either side, some where afraid, other were torn feeling the jealousy but not wanting to oppose The Almighty, and there were also those who simply were fickle and could not make up there mind, or waited to see who would win. Slowly those not in the battle drew together for safety forming a third host of sorts yet they did not have a true leader and numbered less then a third of either of the other two hosts. As the two greater hosts battled Michelle called to those drawn apart "if you do not support The Almighty you too are in rebellion!" While Lucifer cried out to them "join us now or be destroyed too when we Triumph." Then one among the third host yelled out "Let us leave this place for Heaven is no longer a hospitable."

And the ragtag Third Host fled in disarray from Heaven, landing down upon the Earth, and then they waited.

So they waited, not yet knowing what fate they had chosen by their indecisiveness. For, in fullness of time many were destined to become know as the Fae, and others by other names at other times. Some of them and their descendants would be feared, and other worshiped, and often they would be dismissed as nothing but legend or myth. But they did not know this yet, they only knew that they had lost Heaven, and they were afraid.

- - - - -
notes:

This is the beginnings of a new Universe. Sort of a teaser intro to the concept.
I decide to do the background mythology first before the first actual story(s) that I have in mind. A shorter much abbreviated version will be mentioned in the story(s) as a legend.

Please no objections on the religious aspects, this is alternate world and a fantasy, that is all it is meant to be. Although it is based on a concept from a legend that is, unofficial, apocryphal, mythological, background to the Judeo-Christian-Islamic religions (aka Abrahamic religions), with other things thrown in.

So, should I leave this origin/background story as just this little tidbit, or expand it a tad?
It will still be very short, even if I do expand it.

~Hypatia >i< ..:::

----------------------------------------
temp link to the universe page until I organize it right: http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/book-page/61508/third-host

up
112 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

OK, Seems Straightforward Enough...

Couldn't really tell, though, whether this is just an origin story for your Third Host or whether interactions with those they fled are part of the picture. (Does either side consider them an enemy or a threat now that they've departed the scene?) I guess I''m assuming that whenever the angelic and diabolical sides try to intervene with humans on Earth, the fae would be inclined not to interfere, or at least not to favor one side over the other for fear of getting involved.

Eric

This is primarily Backgound/PreHistory.

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Except for a possible small addition to this, I intend to leap forward to modern times in this world which is a parallel world to our own, much like most of the superhero universes. Most of the original "Third Host" are in hiding or at least keeping a low profile now. Their decedents only know this as a vague legend if at all, it is prehistory to them.

I posted this first because it is essentially complete. I am still deciding on whether and how much to extend this background story. Or of to just add a page of technical notes/historical-facts, or to just let it come out in the following stories as the modern decedents discover it. There will be some sort of fact page at some point.

I do have (already had) a start to the first contemporary story.
And a vague outline (for possible future use), of "Hypatia's own story"¹, which is a separate one.
I may or may not add separate historical stories later on, but do not intend to at this point.

~Hypatia >i< ..:::

¹ Based on and expanded from my VR Role Play as "Hypatia" the Polymorph Fairy .