The way of the Dragon Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 3

MCO and Testing an egg?

Mrs. Carson looked at the pair that was telling this incredible story, “You two met Nikki Riley?”

“Yes we did.” told Black Shadow, “actually that was the reason why I decided this Academy would be the right place for Lílle she is precious to me and our kin, and if the the Queen of the West goes to this school it is only fitting that a child of the North is entering it too.”

Mrs. Carson didn't looked pleased to hear that. “Is that your only reason for sending her here?”

“No but it was the part that made the decision easier, as you know there are schools for mutants in other parts of the world, however your school is one of the few that wouldn't try to influence your student's or use them for your own benefit. Also I think, she will need as many friends that might be able to help her than she can get. There will be many parties interested in getting her power to use her for their benefit.”

“That sounds like it will be dangerous to have her here.”

“You have the Star Stalker as well as the Queen of the West and a part Goo part Lust demon here. I don't think the danger is any higher than having one of those here.”

“What do you think?” she asked me.

“Mrs. Carson, I don't know it is all new to me, I turned into a dragon, a girl and I had never heard of this Academy before brother told me about it. For now I'm still not hatched that Is going to change soon then I will need all the protection I can get. Of course I would love to be with my brother and my family, but my brother is right I need friends and I can't risk to live in Germany. I don't want to put my family in possible danger when someone tries to get hold of me. I also don't want to be tricked into helping some bad guys, that however would most likely happen If I would enter a non neutral school.”

“Do you have a rough idea when you might hatch?”

“Probably shortly after midnight but I can't say for sure yet.”

“But that would be in about 4 hours I need to make some preparations so you can hatch in a safe area also I'm pretty sure a lot of the Academy's staff would like to see the first Dragon hatching on school grounds, if this is okay with you two?”

“Yeah sure go ahead.”

After Mrs. Carson had made some calls she leaned back. “Okay that's done would you please continue? I think you was going to met the MCO?”

“Oh yeah that is right. Brother moved us and we appeared in the office of the MCO the same moment as a Lighting bolt struck down and covered the dark room in light. It was dark outside and the ceiling lights in the office were still dimmed, it must have been around 18 o'clock.”

The MCO officer sitting behind his desk nearly felt out of his chair when we appeared. Brother moved slowly in front of the desk.

“Hello young human, I would like to register one of my kin at your place so she won't get into trouble later.”

“Who are you!” the officer was completely shocked.

“Oh I'm sorry young one I forgot my manners, please call me Black Shadow.”

“So you want to get registered as mutant?”

“No you got that wrong, there is no need for me to do that. It is for our newest member of the family.” He opened up the blanket and presented me to the eyes of the officer.

“What is that?”

“Oh this is Little-shadow my little sister.”

“She is an egg?”

“Oh no she just hasn't reached her age to hatch yet.”

"So what is she a dinosaur mutant?" the officer asked.

"Not exactly close. She is a dragon."

"And you are going to tell me you are one too? stop shitting me!"

"Mortal don't try your game with me I was born before you species even had left the the stadium of a single cell." Brothers eyes started to glow with his inner fire and the room went bright as if light by a fire.

"Okay calm down please Mr. Black Shadow. I will call the lab to get her ready for power testing."

The MCO officer officer picked up his desk phone and fast dialed a number on his Phone.
"Dr. Meier this is Werner Trautman from the reception we have a unscheduled request for an MID and Power testing of a new mutant."

"That is unusual did it came on its own, and do we have a name what are they looking like?"

"Yes Dr., she is named Little-shadow, and is here with a part of her family, he claims they are Dragons. The mutant to be tested is inside an egg about 14 inches in height and 8 in width I would say. It is black with a few red dots."

"Okay so you're saying there is a mutant with his egged child for testing here."

"No Dr. the girl is still inside her egg, and from what the scanners says about her brother it is a magical construct from an unknown place."

"What are you even doing there? You’re totally useless this doesn't make any sense at all. Please send them in."

"Yes Dr. sorry Dr. I'll send them in right now."

"Would you please get through this door the Dr. will be with you in a moment."

Brother carried me in his arm and moved through the door, that automatically opened for him and closed once we were through. To our left was an empty waiting area but we just stood in the floor and waited for Dr. Meier. The Dr. entered the floor only a few moment later he probably was around his early forties with black hair that already began to fall out.

Dr. Meier was walking towards us mumbling "Fascinating, fascinating" he was so deep in his thoughts that he nearly bumped into my brother. "Oh there you are I must say I'm interested what are you!" he wanted to know from my brother. He wasn't even politely enough to ask he just expected to get his answer.

"I'm a Dragon."

"No, no we both know that isn't true you are some kind of magical projection but how come you can hold that egg in your arm?"

"In that case let me explain this physical form is just a projection of my mind and I'm a Dragon."

"I really don't know why you have to be so stubborn, we know that you are just a human that has manifested as this most interesting form."

"Don't try to tell what I am mortal If you really want to know what I am are you ready to let me show you?"

"Even telepathic that is really interesting, so you can show me how you really look right here?"

"No I will need to move us there."

"That won't work in here we have wards against teleporters in here."

"just give me your hand and see for yourself."

It is joking right? Well no harm in letting him realize he can't warp out of here. With a skeptical look Dr. Meier reached out for my brother hand.

The moment they connected my brother pulled us into his Lair.

"What is this? I can't see anything brr... it's cold where are we. How did you manage to pass the wards."

Loud laughter filled Dr. Meiers mind. "Tremble in fear mortal!" brother opened his mouth and eyes while letting the fire inside of him raise in his throat. The Cavern got lighted in the red shine of fire, revealing the giant body of my brother.

Dr. Meier was pale even through the red light falling on his face It could be seen. "But that's impossible there can't be any mutant this big existing everyone would have heard of it." Then he realized he was standing on mountains of gold and diamonds. "This can't be true." he looked around, "This is a lair."

Then my brother ported us back into the corridor. "Do you understand now mortal?"

"But why would you decide to let a sister of yours having to make herself an MID and become known to the humans.? I can't really understand that."

"My sister is the first of our kind that was born in a human body, unlike your mutants she didn't had any powers or was genetically different from any other human female. It was her soul that wasn't human when we met and I learned of what she was, my magic took control and made her turn into chrysalis, since then she is in her egg as she won't be hatching before she reaches the right age."

"That is however all I will tell you about Dragons mortal, however since she used to be a human in body it is your decision if you think of her as mutant or not."

"Hmm this is a precedence case, I would at least suggest we make a MID as well as the Power testing for now until we can get a decision from HQ if we should look at her as a mutant or as a Dragon"

"That is a wise decision."

He then laid me on the ground and I formed my body from the shadows.

"Hello Dr. Meier."

He stumbled back in surprise. "What but he said you haven't hatched yet."

"Yeah I haven't but he also said I used to be a human, and we are kinda known for being impatient. And believe me nothing is more boring than sitting inside of your egg and just listening and looking at what happens around you."

Dr. Meier calmed down, "I don't think I will get used to this, so your name is Little-shadow? Would you please follow me."

I followed him to the lab when suddenly a squad of armed officers was running into the Room, "Dr. Meier? when how?"

"Calm down everyone don't do anything stupid you don't want him to get angry at us." The Chief of the hit squad looked at my brother. "Dr. Meier I expect a explanation where had you been when he broke through the wards and how did he even manage that?"

Dr. Meier nodded "Well where were we? I would describe it as a cave or maybe cavern somewhere underground, it was full of treasures, Oh yeah and a giant lizard that can spit fire and is about as big as this house if not bigger. Regarding our wards I think he just used his knowledge of magic to outsmart them he is apparently older than we comprehend."

"Now would you please get back to your work we need to run a few tests here!" Dr. Meier said annoyed.

"Okay are you ready for a little fun?" he asked looking at me.

"Sigh let’s get over with that okay?" I said.

The Test started simple they sat up some cameras and various other devices I hadn't seen yet and started with letting me turn into my egg and back into my human form. They did the usual x-ray stuff MRT CT, you know like in a real hospital and well I was kind freaked out to see my egg in my human girls body. They couldn't however get a glimpse of what was in the egg which didn't really concerned me.

I was in my egg when Dr. Meier moved me out of the MRT and started walking with me towards the next machine. "How can I ask her if it would be okay to test this?"

"Well you just did didn't you?"

Dr. Meier dropped me in shock and I fell on the ground and started rolling over the floor. The sound must have been pretty loud and the look on the Dr. Face was priceless. He rushed after me and picked me up again. Oh shit what should I do? If she is hurt her brother could rage and destroy complete nations in days.

"I wouldn't worry too much about that, Dragon eggs are tough."

She is telepathic? Well her brother was but she is still in her egg. Dr. Meier looked at me, “I'm sorry that I dropped you, for our next test we want to test how sturdy you egg shell is and if we can get a probe of it. We won't try to break it would that be okay?”

“Sure you won't be able to get anything from it but give it your best shot who knows maybe I can get out of this damn prison earlier.”

“Okay?” He put me in a test room where they strapped me so I wouldn't be able to slip away, then I saw a robotic drill arm with sever drills on it emerging from the floor. It started with his first drill but after a few seconds where it didn't get anything done it changed to the second.

“Most interesting how long till the diamond drill?” Dr. Meier asked an assistant.

“Should be up in a minute. We are at Exemplar 5 at the moment and it looks like she goes up to 6, if she manages anymore I would say she has a tk shell but there isn't any sign of telekinetic power.”

“Could it be magic the shell of the egg is covered in more essence than the inside or anything else I have seen yet.”

“It could be I would rate the shells amount of essence easily at 6.”

“You think it could be higher?”

“Well to be honest that's the problem we can't say since the line isn't clear between 6 and 7.”

“Yeah just from the view of math X would have been a better way to describe an unknown power level. We could at least use that to try to find a mathematical solution for the power.”

“Oh looks like the diamond drill is up now, wow I can’t believe it it doesn't work what is that shell made off?”

“Yeah well if you had seen her brother in person you probably wouldn't be surprised, laser next?”

“Nah we’re going to skip that the diamond drill works normally better if there isn't any tk shell we will use the plasma torch.”

Hearing the man talked outside I felt how it got warm as the thing called plasma torch was starting to work on the egg’s shell. This feels quite comfortable.

“It doesn't work only thing we achieve is heating up the outer shell of the egg”

“How is the temperature inside of the egg?”

“same as before about 8000°F at the core and 105°F at the outer areas.”

“Okay stop the test we won't get anything done with that.”

A few minutes later Dr. Meier picked me up again. “Everything fine in there?”

“Yeah the plasma torch thing actually was quite comfortable.

“Dragons!” He started to shake his head in resignation.

We did a few more tests to and he explained that they tried to figure out how much magic essence I was collecting from the area I was in. Then I could finally turn back into my human disguise and we started to work on some simple test like mathematical questions and later memory tests. Then they asked me to work on a language test, It was really easy I thought and wondered where the hard parts were, then I found a question I didn't really understand. The Test said Nr. 36 Please translate the following 8 sentence. Then there were the Sentence.

Susie walks with her dog in the park.
Peter would like to invite Susie to the cinema.
But Susie can't since she is on a walk with her dog.
Peter and Susie met in the Park.
They go to the cinema after Susie has finished her walk with the dog.
The dog is named Imhotep.
Imhotep comes from Japan near Mt. Fuji.
Mt. Fuji is a volcano that has been active in the past.

But there was no indication in what I should translate it. “Dr. Meier?”

“Yes what is it?”

“I don't get question 36, there must be an error in your test.”

“What do you mean let me check, no everything is as intended.”

“But you don't say in which language I shall translate the sentence.”

“What? That's obvious to German of course”

“But they are already written in German, as is the rest of the test.”

What is she talking about? The questions are written in everything but not in German. Okay I have an idea here read out loud question 6.

“The dog is named Imhotep.”

“Most interesting.” What was that die she just speak old Egyptian? “Okay now sentence 2”

“Peter would like to invite Susie to the cinema.”

“hmm" English is fine let's try Swedish not many people here talk that. "Okay now please 5”

“They go to the cinema after Susie has finished her walk with the dog.”

“That's really interesting and you say all of it looks the same for you?”

“Yeah it's all written the same.”

“That's quite the interesting ability at least you won't have to worry about reading anything that you won't understand.”

He didn't bother to explain and said “please go back to your brother in the waiting room while we finish your MID. I'll bring it over in a few, also please notice that we would like to make another test after you have hatched, or send us one from another science lab like ARC.”

I walked to my brother and turned back into my egg so he could hold on to me. After a while Dr. Meiers came to us in the waiting room and handed my brother my MID.

“Please remember to always carry this with you when you are in public, so you can identify yourself.”

“Please tell him that I'll understand brother.”

“She asked me to tell you that she understands that.”

“Okay have a safe trip back to your lair then.” Dr. Meiers looked really tired and somehow I could understand him he would probably have to attend to a dozen meeting now and explain why he decided to let me go.

When we were back at the lair I turned into my human disguise and looked at the MID

MID: DE.15.4647.01

Code-Name Little-shadow”
Appearance Black colored Egg with red dots during test.”
2.nd Young pregnant women Caucasian look black short hair, probably 14 years old round eyes that seem to burn from time to time.”
Exemplar 3 In her human appearance could lift up to 300 pounds, 7 in her Egg unable to even scratch it, harder than diamond extremely heat resistant.
Regen. ? Untested due to inability to harm her physical body (egg)
Magician 4-5 High amount of saved Essence in the Egg rate of gathering high but probably reduced due to her being still not hatched.
Telepathic 2 Only works in direct contact mind reader as well as sender. It is indicated that she will be able to do this on range once she is hatched.
Exemplar* Mental capacities are higher than average Little-shadow can read and probably speak, pretty much every language that we tested. She herself said it all looked the same, which pretty much hints it’s a passive treat of her magic. She also seemed to have an eidetic memory, so signs of any danger sense so far.

Note:

Little-shadow is possibly not a mutant in the definition were used to use. Accordingly to her Brother, she is a Dragon in nature and came to her form in the expected way. Her lifetime seems to be endless, the only way she can die is due to external threads. Due to their endless lifetime they aren't interested too much into political or human society at all, they just accept that we are the dominant species at this place for the moment and don't intend to take part in the conflicts that might arose due to that.

Note 2:

The stories about Dragons seem to love gold appears to be true, Little-shadows brothers lair is holding hundred tons of gold coins bars and trinkets, as well as diamonds and other things that might be considered jewelry. Her brother has slept for more than 20,000 years and rested on his gold treasure. It is unknown how old he is but from the way he said it, he is older than mankind itself. He appears to be quite big his head should be around the length of 2-3 school bus and make about 15% of his body length total not considering the tail that should be about 1/3 of his body length. Considering his size it is safe to assume that he can't fly due to physical power and use an unknown type of magic to do so.

Mrs. Carson looked as if she were lost in her thoughts, so I stopped with my story for a moment.
“Mrs. Carson? Everything alright?”

“Yes, yes, I'm sorry Lílle I just thought about a few things.”

I looked at the clock it showed 11:45 pm. Somehow I knew I should get myself ready. “Mrs. Carson there is something we should start doing now.”

She looked at me then at the clock I was looking at. “Oh yeah we need to move towards the labs.”

Brother intervened, “Mrs Carson if you could calm down security I could take care of that, I want a few other people to be there and when I bring them in I might have not enough time to deal with all your little wards here.”

Mrs. Carson looked surprised, “Are you telling me you can port inside and outside of this school?”

“Of course you're wards are better than those at the MCO in Cologne but there are far too many loopholes in them, considering the wards back when the Sidhe were ruling they are nothing more then little toys.”

“Okay I'll inform security that there might get an alarm on.”

She picked up the phone and fast dialed a number, “This is Mrs. Carson hello hive could you please inform Security that they might pick up and intruding port in the next few minutes were going to get some guests for a 'Hatching party'”

“'Hatching party'?”

“Yeah believe it or not were having the first dragon hatching since a couple of hundred of thousand years on campus.”

“Okay I'll have informed everyone in a minute.”

“Okay that takes care of that, so who do you want to bring for the party?”

“Well obviously her human parents they are already informed and are waiting for the port and of course the young Queen of the West Nikki Riley and whoever she decides should be there as well.”

“Hmm that would be Team Kimba, and maybe even Sara Waite.”

Brother raised his eyebrows “Gothmogs offspring?”

“Yeah that would be her.”

“Oh yeah they have already gathered that makes things easier. So which lab do I need us to move?”

“We need to get into Lab S that's the biggest one and we might draw quite the crowd. There are already many of the Lab workers there setting up cameras and scanning devices.”

“Okay if you're ready here I go.”

Brother opened his magic pool and started to reach out in several directions at once a few seconds later we stood in Lab S. I turned my head and saw my parents they looked a little bit disturbed but that was to be expected after just being magically moved around the planet.

“Whoa that was interesting.” A girl with spiky blue to gray hair long ears and cat eyes said.

“You don't have any idea how interesting, I can't even remember to see such level of magic in the past.” Nikki added.

“Mom, Dad I hugged my parents.”

“Lílle!” they both hugged me back.

“Nice to see you're all doing well team Kimba. How are your vacations?” Mrs. Carson said.

A punk girl with black hair grumbled. “This name still is as awful as ever.”

“Excuse me if I may have your attention please?” One of the Lab people called over.

“I was informed we don't have much time to waste would you please all leave the direct area where we will have the Egg, and can someone please place the egg there.” he gestured towards an area of the floor where an White blanket was laying on the floor.

I moved over to the blanket. While the other people all went back and stood behind all the equipment that was targeting the blanket. I set myself on the blanket and turned into my egg waiting for it to happen. The Doctors, at least I assumed the were Doctors since everyone of them was wearing the typical white lab overcoat, were running wild through the lab and sat up cameras and scanners.

“Hey how are you feeling Lil-shadow?”

“Like I'm an attraction in the zoo.”

“Chuckling... well you must understand that this Is a once in a lifetime opportunity for everyone here well except maybe Nikki, Sara and the blue haired girl they called Tennyo, and of course us dragons.”

“I do understand that but it doesn't change the fact that's what my human part of my mind is telling me it is just as in a zoo where everyone is waiting for the next little kitten to be born.”

“Chuckling.. you are in a bad mood aren't you?”

“No, not really. Oh.. what is that feeling?... I think its starting.”

still in my egg I tried to move. I could move inside the egg only a little bit but and I realized how crumbed it was inside. I could hear people outside talking.

“Hey look it just moved a bit.” Nikki said excited.

“That is interesting it looks like she is draining the essence out of the shell of the egg.” One of the Doctors mentioned.

I tried to move more and managed to push my head through something like a balloon that was surrounding my body. There was a little more space for my head to move and I noticed I touched the inside of the egg now with my body.

“There is moved again stronger this time!” That must have been Tennyo.

“Whoa now she is getting active, she is pulling a lot of essence out of the eggs shell.” Nikki of course she realized what I was doing she was a Sidhe after all.

Inside the egg I rested for a while, it was really exhausting to free myself out of the sticky balloon like thing that covered my body. “fsssh” did I just hiss? I tried to get a feeling for my body while I started to move again. Okay I have four legs, not really any hands anymore but the front paws are really flexible in the way the move, oh what is that claws retractable? Yeah feels like it maybe I can widen this sticky balloon like thing with them? Oh that awkward I have 2 more arms? No that must be my wings better hold them close to my body for now, and there that's my tail, wow I can move it free at will that's interesting, and whoa my neck it’s so flexible. I used my front claws and started to tear on the balloon like thing that still covered me while I pushed my head against the top side of the egg shell.

“Wow did you pick up this sound?” That must be one of the lab guys.

“Yeah I got it, sounds like a hiss.”

“She is starting to move a lot more now.”

“Any idea how long she will need to get out I don't want to risk her suffocating in their.” That was my human mom, of course she was worried, that's what makes her a mother after all.

“Hey is that a crack in the shell?”

There was a crack in the egg, now I really wanted to get out. I waited a moment to regain some more strength than I pushed again and with a crack the egg broke.

up
226 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I love it!!

This is such a cute story, I cannot wait for more so we can see how she enjoys her new life on 4 feet! =]

Sara

cool story

cool story

Wow..

Somehow I feel like I am watching National Geographic. A dragon hatching should be a world event if there is really one. Very interesting indeed. :)

Dragons

I was reminded a bit of the dragons of Pern stories when she started to hatch.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

What a wonderful and

What a wonderful and wondering thing to be able to see, that actual hatching of a baby dragon. As Brother said, a once in a lifetime event for humans to ever see. Wonder if Little Shadow will eventually meet a Dragon Rider like in Eragon?

Smashing story

Jamie Lee's picture

What a delightful story. It took a while to understand Lille's speech pattern but once I did it was great.

Mrs. Carson thought she was on a roller coaster before, she better make sure her belt is tight this time. Life at Whateley is about to get real interesting. I wonder which moron will be first to learn their lesson?

Hope this story continues, it's really cute and unique.

Others have feelings too.

Next!

Tas's picture

I'm really looking forward to the next part now! This is a fascinating story, and the mention of working with other authors on this makes me look forward to it all the more :)

-Tas