Calum, meet Cassie - Part 2

Printer-friendly version

I wish to mention. I know there are matters that would arise in real life that I'm not dealing with. It's by design, I'm calling it artistic licence. It is fiction after all, and I want to keep it 'sweet and sentimental'.

Ages... undetermined, I don't know myself, early teens maybe. Calum/Cassie 12 to 14, Sarah 14 to 16. Perhaps. I've left that up to the reader to call, if you choose.

**********

Tuesday came around.

Calum woke after a sound sleep, and as he was getting out of bed he became conscious of his pink nightie. 'I know Aunt's seen me in girl's clothes enough so far, but this might be a bit much'.

So, he got dressed in the new clothes he bought yesterday, and made his way downstairs.

"Good morning, sunshine" smiled Anne.

"Morning"

"Give Sarah a shout will you, she's still not up"

"Sarah! Get your backside out of your bed!" Calum shouted from the hallway.

"Your new shirt looks nice dear, suits you, blue" said Anne.

Calum smiled 'blue for the boys'.

Sarah emerged from upstairs, and gave Calum's hair a ruffle, with a stifled yawn "Mornin'"

The trio had breakfast, and chatted a bit about the day ahead.

"Anything exciting planned you two?" enquired Anne

"I dunno" said Sarah, "just hang about the house I guess, play on the computer"

Playing on the computer didn't appeal too much though, computer games are "boooring".

"Well I've got to get to work, see you too later, don't get up to too much trouble" Anne warned, as she left for work.

The terrible twosome finished their cereal, then washed the dishes without talking much.

"Y'know" said Sarah afterwards "I was thinking, if you liked to, we could play dress-up, that would be fun, wouldn't you agree?"

"I could do your hair again"

"Y'know, Melanie really thought you were a girl yesterday, I'm sure of it"

Calum didn't say anything.

"We don't have to, just I thought you might like it, you did say..."

"I know I did, but it's awkward, I'm awkward" Calum said, thinking out loud.

"Well you know I said I wouldn't judge you, you know I meant it, right?"

"Yeah, I know"

That conversation was left at that, as the two left to go play scrabble for a bit, 'special rules' version.

Between the scrabble and watching nothing on the TV, the pair whiled away the morning together quite successfully.

"What's for lunch, you're the maestro?" asked Sarah

"Soup, from a tin?" was the reply

"Is that the best you got, sheesh, I thought you were good in the kitchen" Sarah joked.

That afternoon, Calum angled the conversation to what was said earlier, about dress-up.

"I suppose we could if you liked"

"Yes!" said Sarah happily.

The pair made their way to Sarah's room.

"I was thinking, leggings, you'll love leggings... soo comfy", "That's why girls wear them" "And I have a tunic top that goes really nice with them"

Sarah seemed into it more than Calum, though he was inwardly excited, outwardly apprehensive.

She handed him a pair of lilac patterned leggings, and a blue tunic top with embroidery on the neckline.

"Go to your room and get changed, you'll look great", "and don't forget these" she said, and threw a pair of blue panties at Calum, playfully.

Calum took the things and went to his room, the nerves were there, and that same odd but pleasant feeling in him.

After a few minutes Calum appeared in Sarah's doorway, "Here I am"

"You look lovely Cal... Cassie"

Calum smiled.

"Go take a seat at my mirror, I'll do your hair"

Calum obliged.

Sarah worked her magic, and soon the boy in the mirror was now that cute girl, with a cute outfit, and a cute pixie hairstyle.

"Too cute" remarked Sarah.

"Mind if I put a little make-up on you, just a little?"

"I guess not, since we're here"

"Great!"

Sarah deftly applied a tiny amount of make-up, just enough to notice, 'less is more' she told him.

"Give us a twirl" she said.

Calum shyly obliged.

"Why so shy?" she enquired

"I dunno, it still feels strange, I'm not used to this yet, but it does feel nice" "It feels right somehow, I feel like a different version of me" "A better version"

He smiled, and Sarah acknowledged the change she could see in his personality.

"Y'know I still love you as Calum, but I like the new Cassie too"

"It's like we're discovering the inner you isn't it?" observed Sarah.

"I guess"

"Y'know Sarah, I've always liked girls, but... I guess I never noticed much before, but I also kinda also liked what they were wearing too, I dunno" "Now I know how it feels to be dressed like one, like you, I like it"

"I'm so happy for you... sis" she smiled

"That was deep!" Calum/Cassie said

"Yeah, huh!" "Come on, let's try something else on... can I interest you in a skirt?"

"Okay" smiles all-round.

Sarah got out her wardrobe a knee-length denim skirt, and a button-through shirt "This ensemble might look nice"

Cassie took the clothes through to his/her room to get changed.

When she returned Sarah looked at her, and observed "Now that's not right... I see someones got hair on their legs, that'll not do"

"Hmm..." was Cassie's reply.

"Go get undressed, and get yourself into the bath, I'll give you something to deal with that"

Cassie did as was advised, and dealt with the little hair problem. After drying off, and getting changed back into the skirt and shirt outfit, she returned to sarah's room.

Sarah looked at her watch "Jeez, you took long enough!"

"Yeah, yeah" retorted Cassie

"Now that's so much nicer isn't it?"

"I reckon so Sarah, it feels all smooth and funny, I think I like it"

The two smiled at each other. Then a thought of recognition came across Cassie's mind.

"What are we going to do, Sarah?" Asked Cassie

"What about?"

"Your mom, me, what'll she say?"

"Well yeah, there's a point. It was ok when you had no choice, and we were goofing about..."

"Now it's by choice though" Cassie observed

"We'll think of something" reassured Sarah "you could always change back, she need never know"

"I think that might be best, we don't need to tell her anything just now"

"Well she won't be long now I suppose, wanna get changed back now?" "Let me clean your face and undo your hair first"

Sarah undid her magic, and soon Calum re-emerged with the messy boy's hair and clean face.

Cassie/Calum, went through to his/her bedroom again to get changed back into 'boy' clothes.

Calum re-emerged shortly after in Sarah's doorway, carrying the feminine clothing to hand back to Sarah.

"Y'know" he said "I feel kinda sad now" "How's that work?"

"I don't know cus, maybe you've learnt it's nicer being Cassie?"

"I think you're right" said Calum, rather glumly

"Cheer up though, we'll work something out"

"You're still you, whatever you're wearing or look like" Sarah said cheerfully "And that's just lovely by me"

"You getting soppy on my now?"

"As if" Sarah stuck her tongue out at him, and they smiled.

"Good timing" said Sarah, as the front door slammed shut.

"Jeez, and she talks about me slamming the door!" Sarah rolled her eyes

Calum laughed, "Moms for ya"

*****

That evening there was a muted feel about the place. Sarah and Calum had something on their minds that Anne didn't know about, though she could tell something was up.

"What's with you two tonight?" She asked.

"Nothing" said Sarah

Calum gave Sarah a nod.

"Welll... there is something, we weren't sure whether to tell you or not" she added "But I just know you'll be okay with it"

"What is it dear?"

"Well you know how Calum lost his luggage and all, and had to make-do with my clothes for a while..."

"Which was really nice of you both" Calum added in

"Yes"

"Well... Calum is a bit shy to tell you, but I told him you'd be cool with it..."

"What dear? "Is everything ok?"

"Yeah... well, Calum and I have found... welll... it sounds funny, but... he might kinda like wearing my clothes... girl's clothes I mean... it's like he's a different person when he's wearing them, and I think it's really lovely"

Calum said nothing, and was looking away from the other two, but nodded.

"And on Sunday, Melanie saw us, she thought Calum was a girl, what with how he was dressed, and I kinda did his hair for fun"

"Is this true Calum?" Anne asked.

"Well... kinda... yeah" he said, not sure what to say.

"Well Calum, I'm not sure how to take that, I mean, what about your parents, do they know?"

"No, I never really knew anything until this weekend" he said truthfully

"I'll have to think about what we can do then, I'm not sure how to take it myself... I mean I still love you, that doesn't change, just that this is a pretty big thing"

"Don't you think?"

"I guess so" he replied

"Is it something you want to even tell anyone else?"

"I've not thought about it... I think my parents would freak"

"I'm sure your mom wouldn't, your father though... hmm" "Of course, everything stays between these four walls if that's how you want it dear, you know you've always been able to tell me anything?"

"I know, thank you"

"Think on it tonight, well work something out, you'll see" Anne, ever the optimistic!

The three watched TV the rest of the evening, channel-hopping mostly as there was little on anybody wanted to watch. That and their minds were elsewhere.

"It's time for bed my dears"

"Awww..." Calum and Sarah said in unison

"Well you can stay up a bit longer, but not much longer, y'hear"

"Yes mom" "yes auntie"

The pair didn't stay up much longer anyway, as they were tired and wanted to call it a night.

They hugged at the top of the stairs and said their goodnights, and went to their seperate rooms.

Calum/Cassie wore his/her nightie again, and didn't sleep well, as he had too much on his/her mind.

*****

Wednesday morning.

Calum came downstairs bleary eyed and yawning. He was dressed in his male clothes again, like yesterday morning. He thought it would be least awkward, and most appropriate.

"Morning auntie"

"Morning Calum... how did we sleep?"

"Fine thanks" he smiled

"Go and give your cousin a shout... honestly"

"Sarah! Get your backside out of your bed!" Calum shouted from the hallway.

Ten minutes later she emerged in the kitchen, her hair looking like she'd been dragged through a hedge backward, Calum and Anne laughed.

"Ha... ha" was their reply.

After breakfast, thoughts turned to what they were going to do that day.

"As I have the day off, I was thinking we'll go to the lake, we can go boating, does that sound okay?"

"Sounds good to me mom" replied Sarah

"Me too" said Calum

They made a packed lunch for the trip, and an enjoyable time was had boating on the lake, taking turns to row.

That evening after they got back, they made tea, which was especially good after the fresh air had worked them up an appetite.

Conversation that evening turned back to what was discussed last night.

"Would you like me to talk to your parents for you, dear?" Anne asked Calum

"I don't think so, no, I'd rather they never knew about 'this'"

"I can understand that, well it'll just be our secret then, is that okay?

"I guess, thanks"

Calum/Cassie was relieved. Relieved that his Aunt was so understanding, and that Sarah was too. It meant a lot, as he was still unclear about who or what he was. Things seemed so much simpler last week, and last week seemed ever so far away.

"I'm lucky to have you guys" he smiled

"Aww" said Anne, and Sarah together.

"Group hug!?" came from Sarah... it was left hanging, they weren't 'that' touchy feely!

"What about tomorrow, what are we doing?" Sarah asked, remembering that Calum will be out of clean 'boy' clothes.

"Umm... I forgot about that" he looked at Anne then Sarah.

"Well we could always find you something nice to wear, we're all out in the open about the situation aren't we?" was Sarah's comment

Anne didn't look 100% with the plan, but she nodded and said "we're all friends here, aswell as family, no need for secrets or hiding anything"

"Come on shorty, we'll go find something for tomorrow... a gi... a person's gotta plan these things, y'know" she wasn't sure why she pulled herself up on the 'girl' part. Maybe as it wasn't goofing about this time, this time it was more 'real'.

The two looked in Sarah's wardrobe "Jeez I need some new clothes, never have anything to wear"

Calum smiled at the irony.

They settled on a maxi skirt, and a v-neck sweater. "Conservative look I think, supposed to be chilly tomorrow"

"I'll get you a pair of socks and clean undies again. Shame we're different shoe sizes" "Hang on, you're the same size as mom, she'll have shoes you can wear if we... well I was going to say if we go out..., but..." she left that hanging.

"Can I come to your room in the morning and you can do my hair?" asked Cassie "I don't want your mom to see me dressed like a girl for 'real' this time, and my hair like a messy boy's"

"If you want, that's okay, but you know what I'm like in the morning" she warned half in fun half in seriousness. Though she understood where Cassie was coming from too.

"G'night Sarah"

"G'night Cassie"

Cassie wore her borrowed nightie again that night, and slept a bit better this time, reassured that she was safe with her favorite Auntie and cousin.

*****

Thursday morning.

Cassie made her way through to Sarah's room and knocked on her door "Are you not up yet?" "You're soo not a morning person are you" she stated through the door.

"Yeah... okay... be out in a minute" Sarah shouted back.

Five minutes later she opened her door "Come in".

"You still in your nightie? If you go get dressed, I'll get the sleep out of my eyes and be with you"

A short time later Cassie came back into Sarah's room, dressed this time. Sarah looked at Cassie "Hmm... something's not quite right... I know what it is, take your sweater off a minute"

"Okay?" Cassie did as requested.

"You need a bra, one of my old ones will do, we're not looking for va va voom here!"

Cassie was a little more nervous again "Lord... my first bra" she said with a sheepish grin.

"Arms up, there we go, and you fasten it like this... hang on, you do it..." "you'll want to fasten it round you like this see, then swivel it around, then put your arms through" She demonstrated, mimicking putting her own on.

She inserted some light padding in each cup and adjusted them, and stood back to observe her handiwork, "You can put your sweater back on now"

"How does that feel Cassie?"

"It feels a little weird" she replied "But kinda nice, it holds you in doesn't it"

"It does indeed"

"Sit in front of the mirror again, I'll get your hair done in a jiffy"

Once her hair was styled in the pixie look Cassie was getting familiar with, she felt a little more complete, and ready to be seen.

"Are we ready to go downstairs?" enquired Sarah, she offered her hand to Cassie

"I guess so..."

*****

To be continued...

up
193 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you Heather,

Aaaaw!! So sweet ,our boy is finding herself more and more ,by the time Dad finds out the cat will be out of the bag
and he will be looking for a son who is now his daughter.

ALISON

Cassie is starting to awaken,

Cassie is starting to awaken, I just hope there isn't a lasting impact on Calum when he returns home.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime