New School, New Girl 2

Printer-friendly version

Avery, Sydney and Harley looked around the campus of Jorgenson Elementary, a fairly new - built 2004 -1 story L shaped school. As they looked around, they saw groups of they saw groups of boys and girls talking. Harley looked at the groups of boys and thought, 'I hope I will be with the boys soon. I don't want to protect Sydney here. Ms Hudson said that they are strict with bullies here.' He saw a group of girls pointing at them, but looked at his sisters.

Alison and her friends looked at Avery, Sydney and Harley and Alison said, "I guess they are new. Lets say hello to them. Mom said a family moved into the Hess house about 2 weeks ago and they have 8 kids - including a special girl."
Emily looked at Alison and said, "A special girl? Daddy tells us that girls are always special. Talking about special girls, is Kyle going to Quatuck Middle as Kyle or Kathy?"
Alison said, "Kathy is enrolled at Quatuck Middle. Kathy gave her boys clothes to Jase. Want to introduce ourselves? Lets give them the Pioneer spirit." Jorgenson's nickname is the Pioneers.
Her friends did agree, so they started to walk towards them.

Quatuck Middle School, located across Education Way, is the town's newest middle school. The town, Kettuck, Connecticut, is a large town, that is located midway between Hartford, Connecticut, the state's capital and New London, Connecticut. Until the highway was opened in 1974, Kettuck, settled in 1689 and incorporated in 1896, was a farming community with a few small industries, paper, woolen, gunpowder and sawmills. Today, Kettuck is a thriving bedroom community with a few industries, including Kettuck Paper, the oldest industries in town. Kettuck is home to Connecticut Poly University and two industrial parks - Kettuck Industrial Park and Yesquatuck Industrial Park. The biggest employers in town was, besides the town and CPU, Wilson-Wormwood Technologies, a manufacturer of aerospace, marine and automotive gauges, Brauner Industries, a logistic, real estate and retail company, Nathan Hale Insurance, Kettuck Farmer's Co-ops, a fertilizer and farmer's supply company, SCR Biomed Research, a stem cell research company, Petowtuck Medical Research, a medical Research company, Poohunck Plastics, a plastic molding company and Kettuck Farms, a food processor. The town is served by the Quintuxsset Valley Railroad, a 19 mile shortline.

At Quatuck Middle, 5 girls were in a group talking about the school year. The girls were wearing black denim jeans and yellow polo shirts. They were just talking, when they heard, "Hello, are you talking about the school already? I'm going to have a GREAT year."
They looked at the voice, then Jasmine Rall smiled and said, "Kathy, you did it? Why didn't you tell us you'd be Kathy instead of Kyle? We would have worn dresses, too."
Kathy Brauner giggled and said, "Yesterday, mom and dad asked me if I want to be Kyle or Kathy, so I told them that I want to be Kathy. They thought I would choose Kathy, so they told me that they changed my school's record from Kyle to Kathy."
JoAnne Caywood laughed and said, "I'm glad. Now when we talk about boys, you can tell us you you like. Remember, we got dances and the first dance is in October. I know who I want to invite me."
Kathy, who knew that JoAnne has a crush on her twin brother, Kirk, said, "He knows and yes, he'll ask you. I doubt I'll be going."
Kayla Rainville, looked at Kathy then shook her head. She then said, "Kathy, we are all going to the dance. Maybe Jorgenson knows you as Kyle, but Quatuck is fed by Powntuxet River, Henwood and Van Arsdale,also. Kathy, you were to beautiful to be a boy.No one would think you are ever a boy. You know who I want to go to the dance with? Cody Christensen! He is so cute. Kathy, how about you? Who do you want to have invite you to the dance?"
Kathy never thought about it, so she didn't say anything. Seeing Kathy wasn't going to say anything, JoAnne said, "Tell us. We are all going to the dance and that includes you."
Jen Talkington, looked around and said, "There are some cute boys here, Kathy." She pointed to a cute boy standing alone, then Jen continued to say, "That boy is cute. I guess he's new. He looks lonely. Kathy, isn't he cute?"
They laughed when Kathy blushed, then Kathy saw her brother and his friends going to meet him, so Kathy said, "Kirk and his friends are going to say hello to him." Kathy then thought to herself, 'He is cute. Very Cute.'

Jason Fairbairn sighed as he looked around waiting for the bell to ring. He thought to himself, 'I know we did the right thing. I just hope Jake, Ryan Logan and Brian won't forget me. I'm glad no one knows us here. I don't have to worry about Sydney.'
He was interrupted in his thought when 7 boys came over and Kirk Brauner said, "Hi. Are you new here? It seem you are. I'm Kirk Brauner and these are my friends, Owens Caywood, Eric Ujvari, Nathan Underwood, Jason Thurley, Miles Touchberry and Alex Illingworth."
Jason looked at them and smiled. He then said, "I'm new. My family just moved here 2 weeks ago. Glad to meet you. I hope we can be friends." Jason put out his hands as they fist bumped him.
Jason looked at the group of girls who are now pointing at him and the group, so Jason said, "Who are those girls? They were looking at me before, now they are pointing at us?"
Kirk said, "Besides being pests, Jason? One of them, the one in the blue dress is my twin sisters. Another is Owen's sister.She is the blond in the red polo shirt and black jeans. Do you have any brothers and sisters?
Jason looked at the girls, then said, "I'm the oldest. I have 7 younger brothers and sisters. My brother and two sisters are 7 and they are in second grade. I have a 5 year old brother who is going in kindergarten, a 4 year old sister, a 2 y/o sister and a 8 month old brother. How about you guys?"
Kirk said, "My sister and I are twins, but I'm the oldest.Then we have a 8 year old brother in third grade, a 7 year old sister in second grade, a 3 year old brother, an 18 month old sister and a 10 month old brother."
Miles said, "Unlike you two, I'm the youngest. My sister plays women's lacrosse at CPU, where she is studying medicine. My oldest brother who's 17, is at Chagum Magnet High School of Marine Science, my sister, who is 15, is at Quintuxsset Magnet High School of the Arts, my brother, who is 12, is a Freshman at Chagum. My sister, who is 11, is in seventh grade here."
Nathan looked at Jason and said, "Unlike everyone, I live just with my mom and my 2 younger sister. They are in third and first grade."
Eric was going to stay something, when 3 more boys came up to them, so Eric said, "Jason, these are three more friends of ours. These are Neil Towson, Ryan O'Conner and Jake Torrington." The bell rang, so they all starting into school. Jason had Ms. Fulton, so he walked the hall to his locker then to the classroom.

At Jorgenson, Avery, Sydney and Harley were talking amongst themselves, when Alison and her friends came up to them. "Hello, welcome to Jorgenson," Alison said. "We guess you are new. I'm Alison Brauner and these are Grace Corkery, Emily and Emma Kontos and Penny Fawley."
Avery looked at them and said, "Hi, I'm Avery Fairbairn and this is my sister Sydney and our brother Harley. We are triplets. We just moved here and we are in second grade with Ms Hudson."
Alison smiled and said, "We are in Ms Hudson's class, too. We can be friends."
Harley looked at his sisters and said, "I told yo that you'll get friends here.Now, I have to get some friends, too."
Alison said, "We don't mind boys. My brothers and his friends are over there. Except for Tommy, who is in our class, they are in third grade." Alison pointed to where her brother and his friends were standing.

Soon, the schoolbell rang, so they went inside to Ms. Hudson's class. Harley met Tommy Nazworth, Tanner Netterville, Colin Nottingham, Sean Quigley, Wyatt Quistorff, Colin Forwood, Skyler Fourroux and Art Finewood. Harley sat next between Tanner and Tommy with Wyatt in back of him and Sydney in front of him. Sydney was talking to Alison who sat to the right of her and Emma who sat to the left of her. Colin, who sat in front of Avery, looked around at Avery and Sydney.

At recess, they went outside and Tommy took Harley to introduce Chase Brauner. Chase looked at Harley and said, "Did your parents named you after the motorcycle?"
Harley smiled and said, "Yes, my middle name is Davidson. Dad said when they got married mom told him to sell his Harley. We have ATVs now. Dad still wants to take us to Sturgis."
Chase said, "Where do you live? If you live near me, we could play with our ATVs in my backyard."
Harley said, "We live on Lily Meadow Road. Is it near you?"
Chase said, "We live on Aster Meadow Road. It is about a block from your street. Wait a minute, do you live in the stone front house?"
Harley looked around and then said, "Yes, why?"
Chase said, "Cool, that was my friend's house. Zack Hess and his family moved to Tampa. My mom sold it to your parents." Chase wondered who the special girl in the family was, but he didn't ask. 'Probably someone older, just like Kathy is,' Chase thought to himself.

After recess, they went back to class and Harley turned around, looked at Wyatt and said, "Where were you? I didn't see you at recess."
Wyatt thought, 'Okay, I know I'm going to be kidded as a sissy.' He sighed and said, "I had to go to the nurse's office. I have to wear protection." Wyatt sniffed, then thought, 'Okay, you can tell people I wear diapers.'
Harley said, "Oh, you mean diapers, Wyatt? No big deal. I need them at night. My brother wears them in the day still."
Wyatt looked up at Harley, then thought, 'Do you wish you were a girl, Harley?' He said, "You wear them at night? Do you get kidded?"
Harley said, "My mom and dad do kid us, but they know we will be dry in time."

At lunch, Harley invited Wyatt to sit with him, but Wyatt told him he needs to go to the nurse's room to change. Harley saw another boy sitting alone, so he went and sat with him. "Hi, I'm Harley Fairbairn. Are you new here, too?"
The boy looked up at him and thought, 'Oh great, I just want to be left alone. Wish I was my sister.' He said, "Hi. I'm Tristan Portland. How are you? You new? I am."
Harley opened his lunch bag and bit into his ham sandwich. He said, "I'm new. How are you, Tristan? At my old town, I had a friend who is named Tristan."
Tristan looked at Harley, but he didn't say anything. Harley thought, 'Hmmm, he is shy. As shy as Sydney was as a boy.' Soon, Harley had Sydney, Avery, Alison, Grace and Penny at his table.Tristan wonder if his secret will come out. 'I hope not,' he thought to himself.

up
103 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Always interesting at new

Always interesting at new schools meeting new people who may or may not become your new friends,while old friends get reaquainted after the long summer. Seems we will be or are seeing some new girls, but in an entirely different light and meaning than is normally considered.

Hmmmm

Brooke Erickson's picture

I know a Tristan who lives in Portland... Coincidence?

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks