Womanly Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 2

Kyle strode into the auditorium where the prom was being held with his date, Emily Rose Smythe on his arm. He treated her like the eye candy he believed her to be. She was silently fuming over the treatment and could not believe the amount of disrespect he had for woman. She just wanted to get through this evening with the minimal amount of fuss. She regretted her decision to come here with Kyle; she thought that the stories weren't true. He ignored her all evening and left her to her own devices.

Gwendolyn observed this behavior from the corner spot she was hiding in. She was wearing a sparkly gown in a decadent gold. Her long raven hair swept up in an elegant chignon. She was disappointed in that Kyle was showing even more bad manners than previously. She smiled to herself knowing how in a few moments his viewpoint would change. She hoped he would use this to become a better man and learn a valuable lesson. He had to learn that women were just as important as himself.

Lucy was just entering the room with football stud, Drake Evans on her arm. He was acting all macho and arrogant or so she thought. Lucy tended to focus her thoughts on the belief that all men were dicks and acted that way. Of course, she usually dated men that were that way ignoring the nice kind guys. She too, was ignoring her date; when she wasn't harping on his macho attitude.

She too, was being observed by Gwendolyn. Gwendolyn also hoped that Lucy would learn from the lesson that Gwendolyn had planned for her. She hoped that Lucy would learn that not all men were brutes and that there are good men around you just have to look for them.

Kyle was wearing a pastel blue tuxedo which brought out his sapphire blue eyes. His auburn hair glistened under the lights as he led Emily Rose out onto the dance floor. He figured he would look good on the dance floor with his beautiful date. She wore a gown of lavender. Unfortunately Kyle viewed her as only eye candy and that was all she was good for in his opinion.

Lucy wore a gown of lemon yellow which billowed gracefully around her svelte legs. Her pale golden hair swept up in an elegant updo. She led Drake out onto the dance floor. She, like Kyle viewed her date as eye candy. She did not really want to get to know him better as she viewed him as a typical guy.

About midway through the prom, Gwendolyn thought the time was right for her intervention. She walked over to both Kyle and Lucy.

“You both will learn what it is like to be something you hate. You both have a year to find someone that will treat you with respect to undo this spell. If not, then it will be permanent. I will visit you both later to start it so enjoy your last moments as you now are. I sincerely hope you both will learn to be more kind, open people and treat others with respect.”

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I never understood why magic

licorice's picture

I never understood why magic users thought they had a divine right to change people as they saw fit.

I agree with you. But I

I agree with you. But I promise you that this will not be done out of cruelty but more as a way to give two people better insight into themselves.

Well...

Absolute power, corrupts absolutely. Most of these mages seem to be megalomaniacs who seek to interfere with whoever they want simply because they can.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Some people cannot change.

I wonder if Kyle and Lucy will be body-swapped and if they are what will happen if one mends their ways while the other doesn't.

Nice Chapter Lesley. x

bev_1.jpg

Bev, thanks for the comment.

Bev, thanks for the comment. They will experience life from a different perspective that is for sure. The answer is coming in the next installment.

Like the story plot, just too

Like the story plot, just too short of a chapter as you start to get into it all. Please keep them coming though. Thanks.

Don't worry I am working on

Don't worry I am working on the next two. I am trying to break chapters in a natural spot.

And so the fun

begins .... Although quite how much fun it will be for Kyle and Lucy remains to be seen , Nether of them deserve a great deal of sympathy , In this world you tend to reap what you sow , Seems to me both our protagonists are going to have their eyes opened in a way they will not have believed possible .... Roll on the next chapter, Love your writing Lesley but i finished this chapter far too quickly

Kirri

Sorry about that Kirri, but I

Sorry about that Kirri, but I tend to write as it inspires me. I cannot reread what I wrote as I am too much of a perfectionist and would feel that it sucks. So I tend to write quickly and post quickly. I am very glad you are enjoying it. Yes one does not feel sympathy for the main characters, but I intend for you to feel their pain, their growth into decent humans.