Womanly

Printer-friendly version

This is the beginning of a story I have in mind and this is a rough draft which I may change as I see fit. Hope you like it.


Womanly
By Lesley Renee Charles


Chapter 1

Kyle Goodman strolled into his high school, in a relatively good mood. He was joking with his friends and clowning around when a strange black haired girl bumped into him. This set off one of his infamous tirades against women. Kyle was very misogynistic as a result of his mother leaving him with his extremely misogynistic father.

“Watch where you are going, bitch.”

“Excuse me, show a little respect for others, Kyle. You need to learn more respect for women.” Gwendolyn said. She was the new girl with black hair and an eclectic style in dressing. Today she was wearing a diaphanous black gauzy dress.

“I will show respect when a woman earns it, but everyone knows men are better.”

Kyle stomped off and went towards his locker.

Kyle was tall, slender with fiery red hair and a slight dusting of freckles. He was running for Class President and would win since he was rich and good looking. He was also arrogant and cocky and very male chauvinistic in his attitude. He could see no good in women and basically just used them and discarded them. He treated them very badly.

Once he got to his locker, Lucy his locker neighbor was there and got a good dose of his verbal tirade.

“Lucy, why don't you go adjust your make-up, your face paint is a mess.”

“I am not wearing any and don't need to. Why are the majority of men pigs?” Lucy retorted back. She was just as misandristic as Kyle was misogynistic. They had some pretty good verbal sparring with neither seeing the good in the other sex.

Neither one noticed that Gwendolyn was nearby. She decided that both of them needed to learn what is was like for the other sex. Kyle needed to know what life was like for a woman, not always being treated the way a human should be treated. Lucy needed to see that some men were decent caring individuals. She decided to give them a second chance before she would implement her plan.

She would give them to Prom Night and if they did not change their views before then, she would put her plans in action. Prom was less than a week a way.

up
169 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks good to me, please

Looks good to me, please continue the story.

Janice I will continue it. I

Janice I will continue it. I have most of it planned out so I know how it is going to end. The middle is up in the air right now. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you, I am glad you

Thank you, I am glad you liked it. I will continue it. I have the next chapter in mind and will try to flesh it out in the next few days.

I am working on it and should

I am working on it and should be posted within the next few days. I am so glad you liked it.

You are so right Dorothy and

You are so right Dorothy and I intend to let them develop better attitudes.

A very promising start

Lesley ,Love the way you have both a male and female character sparring with each other , It will be fascinating to see how they find life when they view it from a different standpoint, You never know they may find the grass is greener on the the other side of the fence....

Kirri

Kirri that is one way to go.

Kirri that is one way to go. I do intend for them to do a lot of learning and hopefully develop into better people.

Which old witch?

littlerocksilver's picture

Well, she's not old. This might be fun. Go for it.

Portia

Thanks Portia. Glad you are

Thanks Portia. Glad you are enjoying it and yes she will not be a wicked witch. I plan on her being there to facilitate change and growth.