Quoth the Raven Chapter 9 Marriage and Renewal

Printer-friendly version
Chapter 9: Marriage and Renewal

jenken

Adelle and Sean were clearly shocked by Jenken’s girlishness and more than a bit of their prejudice showed.

“I’m Jen,” the pretty little girl explained. “On top of being so precocious I’m also intersexed. While I usually present in boy-mode, I feel girl mode is better for the wedding.”

While a bit shocked, Adelle and Sean once more realized Jenken was like no other person they’d ever met and begrudgingly accepted the explanation. Judy, JJ and Jane were preparing back-packs with treats for the wild-life and supplies needed for the wedding. Jane had three digital cameras, two for filming the wedding and a third for snapshots. Adelle and Sean questioned Misty about her Wiccan beliefs. The pair were lapsed Catholics, having lost the their faith in the tough business world. The rote religion had lost all validity for them. At 6:30 they headed down to the Raven’s Perch for a light meal. The staff and patrons were not really surprised to see Jenken dressed as a girl. Jenken calmly explained that because of the injuries he’d suffered in vitro his split brain had developed two distinct personalities, one a boy, the other a girl which meant that at least mentally and probably physically he was intersexed. With a bit of telepathic soothing of ruffled feathers everyone accepted the explanation. To them it was merely another aspect his uniqueness. It was the first Adele and Sean had been made aware of Jenken’s in utero injuries. Judy and JJ explained the details of the injuries and that for Jenken to even be alive was a miracle. It was 7:00 when they shouldered the packs and began the trek.

They reached the top of Moselem Hill at 7:45, 25 minutes before sunset. Adelle and Sean were quite taken with the view. James and JJ had taken turns using a large red wagon to haul a 30 inches high and 18 inches in diameter section of a tree trunk during the hike. They set the bark covered section of log on end in the center of the limestone outcrop. A folded unbleached linen cloth was draped over the top of the log to create a small round table. Jane set up one video camera to record the ceremony. The other she would hold to film all the wedding guests. As they were setting things up, Jenken stood on the high point facing the setting sun and raised his arms.

Opening his telepathic ability he linked the wedding party. “I’d like to thank everyone for coming to witness this epiphany of love. Now I’ll summon the non-human wedding guests. Please don’t gasp.” Jenken tapped into the power vortex deep beneath his feet to amplify his summoning.

Adelle and Sean were stunned to not only hear Jenken speaking inside their heads, they could silently hear the affirmative responses of the other members of the wedding party.

“I am Jenken and I declare a truce,” Jenken sent out his summons. “Please come to the sacred place. My uncle JJ and Judy are going to be mated after sunset. All are invited. Please join us!”

Adelle and Sean found it difficult to accept the telepathic communication Jenken facilitated between the humans. They were left utterly speechless as they felt the joyful positive responses from the animals.

Nature’s creatures began to arrive from every direction. Birds of all sorts arrived. Their chirping and calls blended into a harmonious anthem. Rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks and even field mice emerged from the undergrowth to join the humans. Four ground hogs waddled up to join them. Once more the regal 8 point buck emerged leading his harem and children. Two foxes and three kits even came forth.

Jenken maintained his cross species link and every sentient life was able to telepathically communicate, thanks of course to the toddler’s ability to be a universal translator. The already shaky yuppie lives of Adelle and Sean were not only turned upside down but inside out as well. All their shallow feelings and thoughts about the world crumbled to dust as they felt the pure raw energy of life surrounding them.

As the sun disappeared behind the trees to the west, darkness slowly descended. As is normal during the summer, the full moon was already out and provided steady soft illumination during the cloudless night. Misty took advantage of the links Jenken provided to ask those present to form a circle about the top of the hill. In a few moments only Misty, Jenken, Judy, and JJ stood on the high point. The attending animals, birds and humans formed a circle about the quartet. Not one species stood next to another of it’s own. Jane slowly swung the second video camera around the circle to include every participant.

With the last rays of the sun gone, Jenken summoned thousands of fireflies to swarm above the couple and Misty clearly illuminating the wedding party as if with a myriad of twinkling yellow Christmas lights swirling just above their heads. Jane caught everything with the videos. Judy wore a crown of woven flowers and JJ a crown of ivy. Judy carried a bouquet of herbs to ward off evil spirits together with flowers, a symbol of love. JJ wore a boutonniere of mistletoe and holly.

As she looked about to see those in attendance Misty began to vocally speak with Jenken translating for the animals. “The ceremony in which we are about to participate is a Wiccan Hand Fasting Ceremony. This is a binding ceremony amongst humans during which they pledge to be mates. Welcome, friends, as we gather to celebrate the marriage of Judy Murphy and James Raven Junior.”

Everyone could feel the mental murmuring of approval emanating from every sentient mind in attendance.

“Within every masculine nature lies the feminine,” Misty continued. “Within every feminine nature lies the masculine. The interplay of masculine and feminine forces, when flowing freely in a union based on true Love, finds many expressions.”

After a brief pause Misty looked at the bride. “Judy, do you come here of your own free will?”

“I do,” Judy spoke loudly and clearly as Jenken continued to serve as universal translator.

Looking to the groom Misty spoke. “James, do you come here of your own free will?”

“I do,” JJ spoke clearly and honestly.

Smiling broadly Misty continued. “Judy and James, if your love is genuine and honest, if you truly love the other, use your eyes to look into your mate’s soul and repeat after me:”

M: “You cannot possess me, for I belong to myself.”

J&J: “You cannot possess me, for I belong to myself.”

M: “But I give you that which is mine to give.”

J&J: “But I give you that which is mine to give.”

M: “You cannot command me, for I am a free person.”

J&J: “You cannot command me, for I am a free person.”

M: “But I shall serve you in those ways that you require.”

J&J: “But I shall serve you in those ways that you require.”

M: “The honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand.”

J&J: “The honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand.”

Misty raised her eyes towards the heavens and outstretched her arms. “Divine One, I ask thee to bless this couple, their love, and their marriage, as long as they shall live in love together. May they each enjoy a healthy life filled with joy, love, stability and fertility.”

Misty turned to the East and raised her arms in open welcome: “Blessed may you be by the element of air. Judy and James, may you be blessed with communication, intellectual growth, and wisdom.”

Misty turned to the South and raised her arms in open welcome: “Blessed may you be by the element of fire. James and Judy, may you be blessed with harmony, vitality, creativity, and passion.”

Misty turned to the West and raised her arms in open welcome: “Blessed may you be by the element of water. Judy and James, may you be blessed with friendship, intuition, caring, understanding, and love.”

Misty turned to the North and raised her arms in open welcome: “Blessed may you be by the element of earth. James and Judy, may you be blessed with tenderness, happiness, compassion, and sensuality.”

Misty then turned to look at every being present: “In all the eons, the long slow climb of evolution has no greater culmination than the union of people in love. From the time the first amoeba fissioned into two, there has been the possibility of companionship and the possibility of loneliness. From the time Nature invented sexual reproduction, love has been a quickening. In humans, as self-aware beings, sexuality provided a way that love can conjoin the bodies, hearts, minds, and souls of those who love.”

“There is war, loneliness, and desolation, and the soul of Nature mourns,” Misty declared with sadness before swelling with hope. “So when there are those of us who love enough to make a commitment such as this one today between Judy and James, the very stars rejoice at the rediscovery of love, joy, and bounty.”

“Love has its seasons the same as does the Earth,” Misty went on. “In the spring of love is the discovery of each other, the pulse of the senses, the getting to know the mind and heart of the other; a blooming like the buds and flowers of springtime. In the summer of love comes the strength, the commitment to each other, the most active part of life, perhaps including the giving of life back to itself through children; the sharing of joys and sorrows, the learning to be humans who are each complete and whole but who can merge each with the other just as the trees in a forest grow green and tall in the heat of the sun. In the fall of love is the contentment of love that knows the other completely. Passion remains, and ease of companionship. The heart smooths love into a steady light, glorious as the autumn leaves. In the winter of love, there is parting, and sorrow. But love remains, as do the stark and bare tree trunks in the snow, ready for the renewal of love in the spring as life and love begin anew.”

“Now is the time of summer, both for nature and the love Judy and James share,” Misty declared. “Judy and James have gathered before their friends to make a statement of their commitment to each other, to their love.”

Judy and James turned to face each other, grasping hands, smiling happily, looking deep into the soul of the other.

Misty happily looked at the loving duo. “Do you now commit to each other to love, honor, and respect each other, to communicate with each other, to look to your own emotional health so that you can relate together in a healthy way, and provide a healthy home for children if you choose to have them; to be a support and comfort for your partner in times of sickness and health, as long as love shall last?”

In loud clear voices the happy couple spoke as one: “We do.”

The couple moved first to the East, bowing their heads, then repeated the action in the other cardinal directions.

Misty and the couple moved to the makeshift log table where 3 candles had been placed. Misty then gave them a box of wooden matches. “Please light your candle.”

JJ opened the box, took forth two matches, and gave one to Judy. She struck the match on the striker part of the box and lit the candle on the left side. JJ did the same with the candle on the right.

“These two candles represent yourselves,” Misty intoned as she held the candles aloft for all to see. “Each of you is a whole and complete human being. Your life force shines for all to see.”

Misty turned to the bride. “Judy, what special thoughts would you like to share with James?”

“I want to look behind the mirror of your eyes and see the secret world; the world your words disguise, the birth place of your sighs,” Judy began with utter honesty. “I want to know the pain of all your silent fears and when you speak of them, the ones that no one hears. I want to taste your tears. I want to know you. I really want to know you. I want to share the dreams you've never shared before, to stand inside your soul, to unlock every door, and darling, even more. My Beloved, there are many things that I can't give you or bring to this relationship. Although I want to, at this time I can't give you my heart whole for you alone. I have a history of running and hiding from emotions, especially from loved ones. I may not be able to give you all of my heart and life, but I can vow by all that I hold sacred that the time of running is past. I will not willingly leave you, in life or by death, without coming to you first and talking. I will be open and sharing not only with the happiness but also with the pain and doubts and petty emotions that might plague my days. I will honor and respect you as my mate and honor and respect the life given me, knowing that what touches me, touches you and all that love me. But mainly I will love you,” with that she reached her free hand up to tenderly stroke JJ’s cheek, “my Beloved.”

Sean and Adelle were once more shamed for they finally understood that their selfishness had forced Judy to run and hide from her emotions. Their hearts felt torn asunder for the hurt they did to Judy and each other. Tears of pain ran down their cheeks as they watched their daughter overcome the damage they’d selfishly wrought.

Misty turned to the groom. “James, what special thoughts would you like to share with Judy?”

“My love... your words touch me deeply... and your love is more than I could have dreamed,” JJ began as his emotions threatened to overwhelm him. “My love for you knows no limits... it is unconditional... know that I will honor it in this life. I am bound to thee in love, in honor, and in duty... and am overjoyed to have it be so. I, too, cannot promise you much in this life... save all that I was, all that I now am... and all that I hope to be. I will promise you, too, that I will be here for you in any way I can; I will listen when you need to talk, I will try to find the words when you need to listen. I will try to make your troubles lighter where I can and offer what comfort and strength my presence and understanding can bring. I will be your anchor... to hold you fast and safe and firm... and to be your wings to bear you aloft and carry you free. In this circle of safety and love, before these witnesses, I swear my love and devotion to thee... and happily... proudly bind my life to yours for ever and always.”

“You have spoken from your hearts,” Misty acknowledged as she handed the candles to them. “Together, light the third candle, but extinguish not the first two. For in marriage you do not lose yourself; you add something new, a relationship, the capacity to merge into one another without losing sight of your individual self.”

Those words of wisdom tore into the already sundered souls of Adele and Sean. They had grown to look at their marriage as an anchor holding them down rather than as lifeboats.

After Judy and JJ lit the third candle, Jenken, wearing a crown of flowers, stepped forward, handed the rings to Misty, then stepped back.

“We are truly blessed by Jenken’s presence,” Misty declared as she gazed at the amazing toddler. “Today Jenken is publicly revealing his dual nature by being the female flower girl and the male ring bearer. It is due to Jenken’s unique abilities we have our animal friends with us for this celebration.”

“Let us bless the rings,” Misty intoned. “Circles represent eternity, and though our lives are finite, love is everlasting, the creative force that binds us together, the force that gives new life. The blessings of the wind upon these rings and your love, that you share communication and creativity. The blessings of fire upon these rings and your love, that you share passion and the spirit. The blessings of water upon these rings and your love, that you share love and compassion. The blessings of the earth upon these rings and your love, that you share health and sexuality.”

“We humans are born of stardust and deepest oceans, of erupting volcanoes and the bones of the earth,” Misty continued. “In celebrating love you celebrate a heritage of all these things, and of the love of all humans from the dawn of time. In making a commitment to loving each other, you share that which is best in us and give a moment of light to the world.”

Handing a ring to Judy, Misty went on. “Judy, place the ring on James' finger and repeat after me: With this ring, I thee wed.”

“With this ring, I thee wed,” Judy emotionally declared as tears of pure joy trickled down her cheeks.

Handing the other ring to JJ, Misty spoke. “James, place the ring on Judy's hand and repeat after me: With this ring, I thee wed.”

“With this ring, I thee wed,” JJ proudly declared as he felt his eyes well up at the site of Judy’s joy filled tears.

“Above you are the stars. Below you is the earth,” Misty declared. “As time does pass, remember, like a star should your love be constant, like the earth should your love be firm. Be close, but not too close. Possess one another, yet be understanding. Have patience with each other. Be free and giving of affection and warmth. Make love often and sensuously to one another. Have no fear and let not the ways or words of the unenlightened give you unease.”

Misty then crossed the Bride's and Groom's wrists and tied them loosely with a garland strand. “As your wrists are tied by this flowered strand, may it be a prelude to the flowering of your lives together, and a fond remembrance of this Hand fasting. So also may it symbolize the bonding of your souls, your energy, and your life force; that throughout your life together, you may know of nothing but each other's joy and love, in perfect balance and peace.”

Jenken rejoined them with a hand made broom. Kneeling, he held it in front of the couple a foot above the ground. With their wrists still tied together, Judy and JJ jumped over it.

“By jumping the broom together, you have proven that you can work as a single mind and spirit,” Misty praised the couple. “Therefore, let the physical bonds of the Hand fasting be removed and saved as a reminder of this joyous day. But ever remember, the spiritual bonds will always remain.” With that Misty removed the garland without untying it as a sign of their bond.

“I now pronounce you married,” Misty declared feeling overjoyed with the ceremony. “May you each and together be blessed with health, happiness, harmony, and love.”

“Thank you for witnessing the Hand fasting of Judy and James,” Misty spoke to those in attendance. “As you depart, let there be peace between us now and forever. Blessed be. The Circle is Open but Unbroken. May Peace be in your hearts! So mote it be!”

A cacophony of chirps, squeaks, grunts and cheers erupted from most of those attending. Adelle and Sean were shaken to the very core of their being. The divorced couple were ashamed of their selfish past and humiliated by their self-centered treatment of their daughter. They thanked Mother Earth that Judy had found a place in the Raven family.

Jenken realized the Murphy’s had been torn open to their very essence by the experience but had no idea how to deal with their new feelings. After briefly making Misty aware of their spiritual dilemma he created a private three way between the Murphy’s and Misty.

True telepathic mind to mind communication comprises verbal and visual and emotional qualities so what is discussed can be done so at a deeper level than verbal communication and quite literally at the speed of thought. Misty opened her Wiccan faith to the Murphy’s and since they had been so opened to existence outside their tiny yuppie enclaves they drank in the essence of spirituality and were forever changed. They reached deep into their souls and rediscovered the long lost emotions and love that had first drawn them together.

The pause was a bit awkward but Jenken projected love and patience to sooth all present. Then Jenken mentally spoke to all in attendance. “I’d like to invite everyone to remain a bit longer and reform the circle.

Jenken mentally told Judy and JJ to take the positions in the circle of Adelle and Sean while telling the stunned older duo to approach Misty. Then he set up to translate what was about to be said to the non-humans in attendance.

“Adelle and I are deeply ashamed of our past lives,” Sean spoke once they reached the makeshift table. “Until tonight, in our selfish arrogance and ignorance, we simply didn’t comprehend what life means. Tonight, our eyes and our hearts were opened. Judy, we humbly beg you to forgive us for our arrogance and ignorance. We promise to never return to the way we existed for in truth that is the way of death, it was certainly not a way of life. In addition, we’d like to start over. We ask all of you to witness our Hand fasting as Adelle and I finally recover our lives... together.”

It was impossible to lie when Jenken linked minds so everyone knew Sean was speaking from his heart and with Adelle’s blessing and approval. Judy was crying tears of joy. The smiles and wet eyes of the Raven family indicated their acceptance of the remorse and vow to change. Their impromptu Hand fasting was shorter but no less heartfelt.

When it was over JJ and Judy joined her parents by the table.

Jenken moved to stand by the couples and guided the circle of animals, birds and humans as it opened next to Jane. A fawn led the former living circle, now a line, to greet the happy newlyweds. Each animal or bird smiled, those unable to physically do so did it mentally. Then each bowed or raised their head according to their kind to allow Judy and JJ to jointly lay on their hands as a sign of thanks. They did the same for Adelle and Sean. The fireflies continued to swarm above the couple. The deer stepped to the side of the line after their turn and allowed the smaller animals and birds to use their bodies as platforms to get them closer to Judy and JJ as well as Adelle and Sean. Treats for all the animal and bird guests had been spread out in nearby areas and after they had wished the couple well Jenken directed them to the appropriate treat.

Misty and Serenity had their Wiccan faith confirmed. The earth was alive and all creation was interconnected. They marveled at how Jenken was able to facilitate the interspecies contact.

Everyone felt refreshed and energized by the events and the shear positive energy of the site. Throughout the ceremonies Misty was positive she felt the power of the high point grow to massive proportions. The Wiccan priestess looked questioningly at Jenken who smiled and nodded. The innate power of the spot had burgeoned by many magnitudes. The love shared by the expanded Raven family, the redemption created by Sean’s and Adelle’s remorse and rekindled love, as well as the lovefest of the dual weddings, reinforced by the innate power on the site, became a magnetic beacon of positive power. The cross species linkage strengthened by the love and hope of all present created a vortex of positive power focused on the center of natural positive power inside Moselem Cave. In turn this sudden increase in power acted like a magnet for the earth’s innate essence. The merger of all this power created a feedback situation in that as the power grew, so did the strength of attraction. As the attraction increased, it drew in more power. The amount of power increased steadily by many orders of magnitude with no sign of slowing. If left unchecked, the burgeoning power could catastrophically overload.

But that would not happen since Jenken had initiated the massive continued power surge. Without his presence, the power would not have grown. Jenken was the living sentient lightening rod and capacitor that kept the power controlled. Without any effort, Jenken began drinking the powerful essence of Mother Earth and all of nature.

Only once before in humanity’s long history had anything like this occurred. The growing confluence of positive energy created an event that had not occurred for about fifty two millennia. As a species, Homo Sapiens emerged about two hundred millennia ago. The early humans were behaviorally primitive and nearly socially indistinguishable from other extinct hominids such as the Neanderthals or Homo erectus. Humans of the Acheulean and Mousterian cultures lived in an apparent stasis, experiencing little cultural change. Then about 52,000 years ago at an event dubbed The Great Leap Forward or the Upper Paleolithic Revolution occurred. Since that point an abundance of complex artifacts such as artwork and bone tools appear in the fossil record. Such artifacts are absent from the fossil record from before then indicating that earlier hominids lacked the cognitive skills required to produce such artifacts. This was followed by a sudden flowering of fine tool-making, sophisticated weaponry, sculpture, cave painting, body ornaments, and long-distance trade. Humans also expanded into hitherto uninhabited environments such as Australia and Northern Eurasia.

The Great leap forward was ignited by a blending of the essence of humans, birds, animals, insects and plants in a natural place of power just as Jenken had unknowingly facilitated tonight. Submerged in the powerful energy vortex, Jenken could detect the still vibrating remnants of that past momentous event in the positive energy pouring into this place of power and now pouring into him, the living conduit. Back then it had been a family of powerful shamans, five generations together. Back then it was highly unusual to have four generations of a family alive simultaneously. For five generations to be alive at the same time was absolutely rare. To have all five be powerful shamans had never before occurred and would not happen again. It had taken the combined interrelated essence of the five generations of shamans to form that momentous link. Mother Earth, while not a truly conscious entity, never-the-less reacted positively to Jenken’s ability to control and manipulate more energy. Because of his unique birth injuries, the spunky survivor was able to channel more energy than those five shamans ever dreamed existed. Jenken was humbled and more than a bit awed that he had been allowed to meld into the living essence of Mother Earth. The link was so firm Jenken psychically was able to link into the power grid of earth’s innate essence. The youngster realized the import of what he’d accomplished that night.

The trek down the hill was made in happiness and joy, the path through the leafy canopy flickeringly illuminated by the fireflies Jenken asked to accompany them. Jenken released them with thanks when they reached the road. Everyone made the short journey to the Raven’s Perch and the private reception in joyous spirit.

The invited staff, neighbors and friends had set up the lite snack buffet June had the staff prepare. Chips, pretzels, veggies and assorted dips in addition to wine, champagne and of course the wedding cake were enjoyed as Jane played the wedding recordings on the big screen TV in the bar. None could believe the wildlife had so peacefully gathered with the wedding party to witness the ceremony until it was simply explained as Jenken’s doing. All those in attendance knew the toddler was unique and gifted, so his ability to commune with nature was accepted as another sign of his irreproducible birth and survival. Jenken also placed a cantrip, a mind block, on the guests to keep Jenken’s ability to commune with wildlife secret. Placing cantrips on those to whom he revealed his amazing psychic abilities to keep them from revealing his secret became standard practice.

A limo took the happy couple to the bridal suite of the Philadelphia Airport Marriot Hotel where they would spend a most enjoyable night. The next morning they would fly to Miami to board a Royal Carribean ship for a seven day Carribean Cruise honeymoon.

{:-)
up
199 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I am glad that Jenken

I am glad that Jenken understands at this time what power s/he does possess and understands how to properly use and control that power. Hopefully nothing will ever happen her/him to turn that power to bad, but always have it in use for good.