Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 193

Printer-friendly version

"I thought you were going to cook us all dinner before you went." There were times when I could cheerfully thump Simon, this was one such.

"No way, I have to save my energy for Des." I smirked back at him, the look on his face was probably more satisfying than a slap.

Stella giggled then said, "I hope you have your sexiest lingerie."

Easy As Falling Off A Bike.
by: Angharad.
part:193.

Tom and I went back to my car and drove out of the road, Simon and Stella followed us in his car. We went back to my father's house, where I made us all a good cup of tea. Tom reported on our meeting with Stevie's parents.

Simon felt angry, "How dare he criticise his son like that, the poor bugger is almost breathing his last and all his dad is concerned about, is what the neighbours think. What an arsehole!"

"There are plenty of people like it Si," said Stella picking up a chocolate hobnob. "These biscuits are my favourite, Cathy."

I winked back at her, they were amongst mine as well, but the rate at which she was eating them meant I might not get a look in this time.

"We did what Stevie asked me to do. I hope I did it gently. I didn't want to fight it out with Mr Naylor because there could be no winners. He can only win if he learns to see beyond his prejudice, as my father is trying to do now, but only because life has forced him to. Prejudice ultimately destroys those who hold it."

"You did okay Cathy," said Tom squeezing my shoulder. "It's never easy to tell a parent something like that, especially a double whammy."

"That is a horrible expression, Tom." I groaned at my esteemed colleague and mentor.

He looked at me and chuckled.

"I do hope they get to see him before he becomes any sicker." I thought this was the most important thing.

"Yeah, but dear old dad arriving and performing could make him worse." Simon was still angry, maybe because in being a man himself, he felt Andy Naylor was letting the side down by acting like a primitive.

"Don't worry, the ward won't let him perform and I suspect the boy's mother won't either. She won't want her last hours with him to be remembered for infighting between Steve and his dad." Stella seemed to have a very moot point.

"But by then the damage is done Stel, the boy will be stressed and his immune system will worsen, not to mention his desire to live." Simon also made a valid point.

Simon then looked at me, "Right my beautiful, angelic messenger, what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to see my dad and have a chat with Des. Then travel back down tomorrow and hopefully will pop in to see Stevie sometime tomorrow."

"Won't the family be there then?" asked Simon.

"I don't honestly know, why?"

"Well apart from the numbers around the bed, won't it risk your own position in terms of being detected or them remembering where they saw you?"

"The daughter, Mandy, did remember."

"Well she might blab."

"She said not."

"You don't believe her do you?"

"Simon, just because her father is an arsehole doesn't mean she is. He is still a student of mine and we never did finish the tutorial."

"I find your adherence to duty commendable if unfeasible," smiled Tom.

I looked at the time, do you need me for anything, because I'm going to change and pop and see my dad.

"I thought you were going to cook us all dinner before you went." There were times when I could cheerfully thump Simon, this was one such.

"No way, I have to save my energy for Des." I smirked back at him, the look on his face was probably more satisfying than a slap.

Stella giggled then said, "I hope you have your sexiest lingerie."

"Gonna put it on as soon as you're gone." I replied and she giggled even more.

"Am I to be cuckolded by my good friend?" Simon stared at the floor.

"Only if he's a very lucky boy." Stella was really getting back to normal.

'More than lucky!' I thought to myself, recalling the stupid car insurance advert and the dog called Lucky.

I went up and changed into jeans and a top to go and see my father, the others took the hint and set off for their return to Portsmouth. I was sad to see them go, the house seemed very lonely without them. Someone had washed up the cups, for which I was grateful.

Daddy was really pleased to see me, he'd seen stuff on the news including my interview on the news. He'd also kept one or two press cuttings for me. The one in the Daily Mail surprised me by not denigrating my marriage to Simon, playing instead upon my recent exploits with burning cars, bag snatchers and jumping, incontinent dormice.

The Torygraph wasn't so pleased, suggesting that as I couldn't produce an heir, there should be some law preventing it. It surprised me, I know it represents rather conservative views, but it seemed to excel itself in the stupidity stakes this time. I was pleased to see a letter criticising the editorial in the next edition. I decided they wouldn't get an interview, except to talk about dormice or other British mammals.

Daddy ate up his soup with gusto, I had to buy some bread on the way in, I'd also bought some cheese and bread for later, wondering if Des would bring more wine. The forecast for the next day wasn't too bad, so a ride might be possible. Better to wait and see.

I reminded Daddy that although I'd be up to see him over Christmas, I was going to hospital on New Year's Day. He nodded his understanding.
I also realised I had loads of shopping to do for presents and food. Oh boy, life is a pain at times.

I excused myself and drove back home and changed into something a bit more interesting for Des' visit. Just because I wouldn't or couldn't have sex with him, didn't mean I couldn't flirt with him. At least that was what I told myself as I adjusted my push up bra.

XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS XS

Do you agree with some users of this site, that this story is about 189 episodes too far? Please leave comments.

up
163 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I Really Like The Story

jengrl's picture

I think the story has to come to conclusion at some point. It has been such an enjoyable ride that the conclusion should be left up to you. I look forward to each new edition.

Hugs

Jennifer

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

nope deffinately not

nope deffinately not too far

In reply to your question - Absolutely ...

... NOT! This is an ongoing soap opera with engaging characters which is like a combination of 'Dick Barton - Special Agent' and 'The Archers' **

I'm generally not a fan of serials, but this one is special and I'd miss it if (when, I suppose) it ended.

Geoff

** BBC radio soaps. Dick Barton ended in the late 40s and was replaced by 'The Archers - an everyday story of country folk' which still has a nightly 15 minute slot.

Angharad, WE Can't Get Enough Of Cathy

As far as I am concerned. I have thoroughly enjoyed your series and Jillian Marie's romp into your series as well. I know that in time you will lose interest in the story, when you do, please open it up to others who might want to add to the series as Jillian did.
May Your Light Forever Shine.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Carry on Cathy

Just because some people don't like serials or long stories is no reason for you to stop. Your characters are wonderful and you keep putting so many unexpected twists in the tale, that your story is still fresh and lively.

I'm looking forward to the next 192 episodes :)

189 episodes too short

Angharad... please PLEASE don't listen to anyone that talks such rubbish. Instead, go talk to bob Arnold. Ask him about the hit counters before your series started, compared to after. I bet you will see a Huge increase.

I noticed myself that the site was getting way busier, with lots more stories being posted every day, and some few trying to match your own daily schedule.

Not to say that you are the sole reason for this increase in popularity, but you are definitely a big part of it.

I know that I myself did not used to come here nearly as often as I do now, I would browse past maybe a couple times a week. Since "easy as" started, I have been coming more and more frequently, to the point now that I am here several times a day.

I did notice that some of the people commenting on this were less than enthusiastic. Mu immediate reaction was one of "What are the gibbering about?"

I guess some people are jsut by there nature incapable of seeing someone else's achievements without wanting to throw mud at it, attempting to drag others down to there own inadequate levels.

There are man stories on Big Closet that I just don't find to my taste, therefor, I don't read them. I dont read through 189+ episodes just to say how bored I now am with the whole thing.

Please dont let the nay sayers sway your wish to write and entertain. I don't think you write as you do to please those who simply want to complain, I would hope that you write for your own pleasure and to entertain those with similar tastes as yourself.

Sometimes is is so easy for the negative to seem to out way the positive, I mean how many times do most people leave messages of "Superb, Fantastic, Emotionally Thrilling"? Certainly not every episode. but there are certainly those who will leave "Boring" or "Blah Blah Blah" comments after every one. it makes it seem like the nay sayers outnumber the positive folk by a goodly amount, but thats not true. Its simply that the hecklers are always the noisiet.

A finish point.....

Maybe, maybe not.

If the story progresses to a natural finish, then so be it. Or if you no longer have the drive to keep writing it, then so be it. But if instead, you want to keep this going as a serial without end, simply an ongoing story, then all the better as far as I am concerned.

Wishing you all the very best.

Natasha

Not "XS-ive" at all…

…Ang. Keep it going for ever. I remember Dick Barton, I used to listen to it every night after doing my prep; it was at 6.45 on the BBC Light Programme. I seem to remember something being said about The Archers being described at that time as a sort of "agricultural Dick Barton"!

Ignore all the Misery-Guts and keep on writing your "Everyday story of cycling aristocrats."

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

No I don't...

... agree at all. As far as I'm concerned, this could go on another 189 episodes - at least as long as the author can maintain her current quality. (And as long as she doesn't neglect other characters like Charlotte!)

Nice, well paced. It'll be interesting to see how things go with Des... I hope they have time for a ride. It'd be a laugh, if she out rides him... Though, seems to be she's a tad out of practice.

Angharad, Don't You Dare

listen to that rubbish. You keep writing as long as you wish! Its your story. If someone is annoying you, pass the info along and action will be taken. You have the freedom to write what you want, however long you want. And Thats Official Site Policy.
 

    Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf

Guiness book of world records

Angharad I have been hoping you are trying to set a world record for longest TG/TS fiction story.Your only at chapter 193 I figure about another 807 should set a pretty hard to beat record.If you right em I'll read em.Lol Amy PS as always another great chapter

Engaging, Entertaining, Enlightening

I heartily disagree with the whining over "excessive numbers of chapters" or with the whining over serials, or with lots of whining in general. The only whining which means anything at all to me is my own whining. Which, I'm not doing any regarding this daily delight.

I like

Angharad's picture

my wining to be accompanied by dining. 8)

Thanks for all the support, I hope you still feel the same when we get to three hundred!

Angharad

Angharad

In that case . . .

I'll send you a gift certificate to Mickey D's. Some gourmet food to go along with that box of wine. ;)

Three Hundred? I should live so long!

KJT

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Janis Joplin


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I'm not even going to...

try and work out which is the longer; EAFOAB or Maddy's Gaby. I just love them both so please keep writing, there's a dear, and ignore those who would deprive me of my regular fiction fix. Both stories are far better than the stuff on television and are far more enjoyable from the POV of little old me. OK, I'm not so little and I'm certainly not old but you know what I mean.

Susie

End it?

Don't be Daft Girl. Too many lose lines. Can't quit now you know.

Carry on!

CaroL

CaroL

Everybody else has said it

But you have enough subplots and sub-subplots going, I do not think you can possibly wrap it up properly before at least episode 250.
Sure, you could wrap them all up faster, but not very well.
And Cathy keeps finding more ends to loosen.
Holly

One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness.
It usually comes back to you.

Holly

The current story may finish, but ...

Cathy having her opperation, marrying and squealing with joy in her marrage bed --Simon being very good at a few things --, Steve dieing and his sister and Mom giving Dad the heave-ho for badmouthing his son, and Cathy's dad either recovering and doing his best to make it up to her or his croaking like the toad he was was would finish the first story arc.

But then we have, will Stella be a surogate mom for Cathy and Simon vis some genitic material and egg manipulation bit. There is the huge survey of mammals she seems on the verge of becoming the director of. Maybe with all that money Cathy will get one of the very first stemcell grown female reproductive systeems and start poping out little Lords like clockwork. Maybe she really was intersexed and during her SRS they will dicover it and hook up her real plumping and instant real female, also poppimng out kids on huge numbers.

Or maybe John will quietly get put in a padded room with lots of a happy drugs.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Heir apparent

Spike seems to be pretty good at reproducing, if I recall correctly from so l-o-n-g ago. Maybe they can just clone her reproductive system and pop it into Cathy. Mind you, I'm not sure the offspring would be allowed into the House Of Lords. Then again . . .

KJT

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Janis Joplin


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Heir not-ap-parent

Mayhaps in place of heir apparent, if it were produced from cloned Dormouse parts, it would better be called hair apparent. But that is going too fur. AHH I bristle at the thought. I would be a rat to complain. As to the House of Lords, I was led to believe that some of the biggest rodents in the kingdom could be found there.
Gnaw!! The story hasn't gone too far. Back to the rat-race. I still find it a-maze-ing! I know, I know, I am getting cheesy. (groan:)

Too Far?? Naaahhh!

No, I don't agree that you've gone too far. The story is beautiful so far and I would love to see more.

It's a very well written story and i can't understand why anyone would say that it's gone on too long. Since I haven't seen any such comment, I can't analyze the wording to try to determine their motive.

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Too many episodes?

I can't understand how we have to put up with this ordinary girl in a boring and mundane world of hostile takeovers, AIDS, marriage into the landed gentry, cycling on a bike that's about four times the cost of my car (mind you, her cycling outfit is worth more than my car too), wry professors and their addiction to chicken curry, bipolar secretaries and police snipers, heart failure, shotgun shootings, lunatic sister-in-laws to be who come dangerously close to bleeding to death, burning cars and baby rescues, lusty journalists, fox hunting punch-ups, bag snatchers, helicopter rides, nature watch, TV interviews and incontinent dormice.

I mean, that's just too run-of-the-mill isn't it?

Don't you dare stop until each and every one of those loose ends that Cathy seems to find such great delight in unravelling, is neatly spliced into the main thread to EVERYONE'S satisfaction and if we have to keep you on life-support to do it, we will.

If you think that you should be persuaded to cease writing because of one blog by a disgruntled reader, who's probably just jealous of your votes and statistics then think again girly.

NO STOPPING PLEASE

NB

193

Oh My goodness! I can't believe someone would actually suggest that. I am so enthralled with this soap opera, it is the first thing I harvest each day as I sit down to relax at my machine. It is so cute, so easy to read; and, because of the skill of the writer in creating cliffhangers, it demands that the next chapter be read. I am truly amazed that you have continued 193 of these vignettes.

The stars, Kathy, Stella, Simon, even curmodgeoning old dad, shine brightly through the text. Nay. 'Tis more of a twinkle. It doesn't glare. It rather blinks at the reader with a subtle humor and a flexible story line. i.e. the twinkle in the eye of an Irish lass on St. Patrick's Day. Or is it the flare of anger in a mother's eyes defending her offspring? Subtle or palpable, it is still one of the most entertaining stories continuing on the net.

I realize that all good things must come to an end, I just do not wish it to be too soon for this clever endeavor.

Early June (April showers-at-hotmail-dot-com)

I think I have it figured out!

Angharad wants us to join her in her misery of bruised fingertips from typing, day in and day out, almost nonstop, while her muse sits on her, egging her on to hit a thousand chapters. Meanwhile, we, her poor readers, are forced to keep up with her writing (highly addictive, you know?), by posting comments and thus bruising and abusing our poor fingers. Somewhere out there, some muse is is laughing her bum off at us! Please disregard the rantings of the lunatics (and the person whining about the story being too long too) and keep up this outstanding tale which has so inspired us (to what, I have no clue, it just sounds good). :)

Hugs
Diana

Thanks for the Previous References to Madeleine Peyroux

I think you've mentioned her in at least 2 previous episodes. I borrowed "Careless Love" and "Half the Perfect World" from the library. She's quite nice. I can recommend Eva Cassidy. She's adult pop rather than jazz and has a wonderful voice. "Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley" is a good place to start. She sings "Songbird" on the "Love Actually" soundtrack and in the movie (scene in Laura Linney's bedroom when it appears she's going to finally connect with the guy she loves).

Really enjoy reading Cathy's adventures.

XS XS XS

I'm glad to see that even the author knows this episode is "extra small" *grin*
As to the number of episodes: I'll give you my opinion on that when you're holding the reception celebrating the 1000nd of them. Or the 1728nd if you keep using a dozen as base number.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

too many NOT!

Really there must in some time be an end to this but as some of us believe in life in another place (e.g. Dundee) I feel to see why it should be anytime soon.
Keep up the great work, this is my must read and the helter skelter quality of Cathy's life is just unputdownable.
Lots of Love
Anna

Anna

Too many chapters (parts)?

I don't think so. This is too well written a story to close it out just because it has hit (chapter)part 193. Everything I have read to date smacks of an excellent Telly "soap" and perhaps it should be translated to one. There is far too much in the story to get everyone worked up about the main character being TG. It just might open up many peoples eyes to what being TS/TG actually is, means and does to a person and gets them away from the "Jerry Springer" type of "TS/TG persons" seen on TV. You know, the ones who give every other TS/TG a "black eye" and bad name. Once everything is out in the open, there is less to stress about because only narrow minded, bigoted people will be slighted and it seems those are ones you will never satisfy even as the saying goes "you hanged them with a new rope". My take is "keep 'em coming and I will keep on reading them. J-Lynn

TOO LONG? NOT LONG ENOUGH I FEAR

I love this saga and don't care how long it takes to tell the tale. I do know that at this point that there are still 250 parts yet to finish and I only want finish when you think it is right. Must trudge on, at only 40 parts a day since I started I am begining to fear that I shall never ketchup{mustard heard that one before}. I must read more, I would be further along if someone hadn't taken out the telephone pole earlier today. Please continue until you feel you have properly finished this wonderful tale. sorry about the condiment joke, luv, 'Sika

Too Long! Your story could

Too Long!
Your story could never be too long Angharad,I pity the users of this site that don't know a good story when they read one long may your story continue.
........... hugs kirri

Not one bit too long. The

Not one bit too long. The fact you've made such a compelling story that tons of people read you should be really proud of, actually I like it so much I'm reading it like a marathon. Don't doubt yourself.

Too Long, More like too

Short by about 1000 parts so take it to 2K and we shall evaluate in again at that time

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Too many chapters?!

I don't think there could ever be too much of Cathy and the gang! It's funny, witty, emotional, and even dark and scary at times.. Everything a brilliant story should be in my opinion! Have to wonder though, if someone thought it was too long at this point, what do they think now?! Heehee...
As ever, loving the story Angharad! ^-^

*hugs*
Alyson

Tsk Tsk...

You really are shameless, you know that? I'm looking 1500+ entries, so I have a POV not shared by people at the time. That's OK, keep em coming, I'll eventually get around to reading them.

Write on...

Since I am still reading and you are closing in at 2000 its not ending anytime soon. This is a wonderful distraction at work if they only knew what they were paying me to do. Write until your heart tells you to stop or your fingers. I shudder to think how many keyboards you have gone through. Smiles Jenn.


I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair

not far enough by half

This is a wonderful story and is written beautifully. I would love to see as many more as You have already written.I love all of the people in it and find Myself inserting Myself into it as I read.

The never ending story (Bible & EAFOAB)

Boy ! Am I glad you didn't pay attention to those who wished this story to end. You, and a few others write an at times touching, at times exciting, but always entertaining stories. The only hook (?) is a transgendered heroine, and not a main-stream character No sex, except that is between two loving adults. and some times we wait, and wait for it, but it's worth it. There's a lot of stories here that are the opposite .
Who hasn't fallen in love with Cathy, one way or an other ?
Love every paragraph.

Jack

The never ending story (Bible & EAFOAB)

Boy ! Am I glad you didn't pay attention to those who wished this story to end. You, and a few others write an at times touching, at times exciting, but always entertaining stories. The only hook (?) is a transgendered heroine, and not a main-stream character No sex, except that is between two loving adults. and some times we wait, and wait for it, but it's worth it. There's a lot of stories here that are the opposite .
Who hasn't fallen in love with Cathy, one way or an other ?
Love every paragraph.

Jack

189 chapters " He's making a list..."

Since this is 193 and nobody's married yet, I guess we let Angharad keep plucking them out of the air
Make the old man has company

Cefin

I know it's been a little

I know it's been a little while since this part was published, and I also know that it's still going on, with part 2888 being published today. And, I'm damn glad it has. It's a fun read. More when I get to part 200. ;-)