Drew & the Half Term Break Chapter 34b

Printer-friendly version


Drew & the Half Term Break
by Sharphawlad
A Gabyverse fanfiction

Chapter 34b Umbongo & Sydel.

Sydel, “They can perform magic but it is at a very low level. I tried to persuade them that it was wrong. They said they will only stop casting this way when at least two of their statues walk again. I certainly had not the power to do that so it continued.”

Gaby. “Aunt & cousin shortly you will both revert to the state you where in previously. Ursula we are going to visit the Umbongo.”

In Africa the Chief looked at the two statues. “Yes this is the work of the Umbongo but not the work of the current Umbongo. The last chief still has pride of place in the village as he communes with the gods. Soon I will be joining him. The only way to stop is if the statues walk again.”

The storm cloud gathered & the chief looked at them. “It will be too wet & so I will have another month to live & then I will get eternal life like those before me.”

Gaby, “You perform magic why not try & release couple of statues.”

“I have tried & failed. Each chief tries but he never succeeds.”

Gaby, “Come with me none of the others will be out in this rain.” They walked to the centre of the village. “Now chief say your prayers to the gods & ask for help.”

He knelt down & kissed the ground. “Mother earth sends me a signal that deliverance is at hand.” Lightening danced around the village & the chief closed his eyes as it got closer to him. He felt it hit the young white woman next to him & he opened his eyes. She was directed the lightening at each of the statues. The first to walk where the two statues that had been brought to the village. One by one the statues walked again. The chief rubbed his eyes.

The two female statues came & picked him up & carried him back to his hut. In the morning there was uproar in the village the villagers came to see the chief. “Somebody has stolen the gods during the night.”

The chief, “I saw what happened that was no storm the very gods walked amongst us last night. They released them all including these two who brought me inside. I did not see what happened to the others but our last chief was talking to the one who released them & was kneeling down in front of them.”

The Witch doctor, “According to my instructions. We should build a massive house for the gods.” All but the chief set to & the Witch doctor drew the outline with his feet in the soil. Three hours later the house was completed.

One of the women, “The gods will need food.” They all set about taking food to the house for the gods. Once all the villagers where inside the massive house the sky darkened & lightening flashed.

The chief ran across to his people, “We all must stay in here.”

Gaby went to the centre of the village & the lightening appeared to strike her. The tribe watched as the two statues joined her. Then she waved her hands & all the statues where returned. One by one she pointed at then & called their names. As their names where called they walked to Gaby & bowed or kneeled in front of her.

Gaby. “Chief these are my servants & they will look after you all & do you no harm. Like the prophecy though you will not make me any more servants. In future if you wish to join your brothers & sisters it will be by personal request. I see you have brought loads of food for a celebration come share with me. You will be able to tell your great grand children that you took food with the greatest goddess of all. Soon I will be leaving you but I will be back. My staff will keep me informed about your progress. Chief you are still the chief but you now have a team of Elders to guide you. They also have a direct link to me.”

Gaby noticed one of the young girls start shaking & collapse. “It was obvious she was having an epileptic fit.” Gaby touched her, “Chief this will be your wife,”

One of the other Villagers, “She is a mad woman,”

Gaby, “Nothing of the sort she communes with me & asked for my permission to marry the chief who has no wife.”

The witch doctor looked at Gaby, “Chief take your wife & may you have many children to bless us with. As you have the blessing of the gods the elders will care for you & your wife should either of you wish to commune with the gods.”

The witch doctor “Goddess I have one more thing to ask & that concerns one not of this tribe. A very old friend of mine has vanished & I miss him greatly.”

Gaby, “I can honestly tell you your friend is safe & well although he has had to take up a new job. When he went to England an accident befell him. Or at least a miscalculation on his part.”

Ursula stepped forward, “He can never return to his tribe because he would not be recognised. He now lives with those he once he cared for.”

“Ah I understand. My brother for years helped the sisters of the goddess & now he has been rewarded & lives permanently with the goddess.”

Ursula, “I suppose it could be put like that. He wants you to know that he is thinking of you & that you should receive his necklace from me.”

The witchdoctor looks at the necklace, “Tell my brother I will wear it with honour & I may meet him at the Witch doctor & Shaman conference to soon be held in England.”

Gaby & the others all departed & the storm subsided. “The chief’s new wife, “She has returned home & said to tell the Witch Doctor Ursula would meet him again at the conference.”

Gaby, “Sydel that sorts out the Umbongo. I now need to sort out you & your family out.”

Running Water, “Empress It is already far too late for White Bear.”

Gaby, “I want you both to drink this potion that Running Water has mixed up.”

Running Water, “That is the Beauty potion.”

White Bear, Running Water we do it without question if the Empress tells us to do it.” They both drank the potion.

Gaby. “Sydel place the babies on your tummy.”

Sydel absorbed the two of them. “Sydel you are now going to Oberon's to have & bring up your children. Running Water & Flying water will be your twin daughters & they shall be branded as your daughters. One thing they both have the same god parents & they will check up on them. I8 Minutes later Sydel returned with her daughters although all three of them now looked like sisters.

The sisters where still achieving the same high marks they had previously. Sydel was allowed to starting to teach the classes with Galadriel. Although Galadriel was to remain in overall charge of the lessons.

Sydel, “Galadriel I never envisaged myself as a school teacher but Galadriel it is better to correctly teach our knowledge.”

Gilda, “Some of us made silly mistakes because we were incorrectly taught.”

Persephone, “I wish I had met the Empress when she was still a boy If I had I would be bearing his children to all eternity.”

Amazonia, “Do not wish to hard or you will find yourself permanently in the nursery Persephone.”

“I do not care Amazonia if the ears tell the Empress I wish I had met her when she was a boy I would have given Darcie & Maddy a run.”

Darcie turned up, “Persephone the Empress requires your service.”

Gilda, “What have you done wrong now.” Persephone went to the Empresses chamber & knocked. She entered the room.

Maddy, “It is your turn to sleep with us for the next week.” Persephone climbed into bed & cuddled up to Gaby.

“I do not care what my sister was saying. I wish I had been filled with life like Maddy & Darcie by the Drew.”

Gaby,” I can arrange for you to have his children.”

Persephone, “I am the only one of the sisters who has not had at least one child. Do you always have an audience like this?”

Lucy, “Unless asked in to the bed the four of us all sleep here.”

Persephone,”Lucy for centuries I have been on my own but I have managed to observe others. I could always log into my sisters minds. The Empresses mind is different. I keep my own council but you four angels, Little Rose & Little Lily the Empress & her sisters all are different from the rest of the family. Your minds appear as if they are all one & not actually separate at all. It is as if you all where one mind been shared by several different bodies. Maddy always give the impression of been the closest but Darcie, & Jools are also very close. In the short time I have been here. I have worked out there is the Nine & the old nine, There are the Empress & the former Empresses. There are the Valkaries lead by the Empresses daughters & also one with her. There is the old gang.

Zelda entered, “Sister I see you are trying to work out your place. You can join with our sisters. You already have your seat in Valhalla. You could decide you wished to join me & Gilda & a few others in our club.”

Sophia, “We know how hard it is for you to fit in you have been on your own for so long. Every one of us also knows of your hopes & desires.”

Darcie, “Maddy & I have been laughing over you wishing you could chase & capture our former boyfriend. You apparently have it very bad & there is only one treatment for that.”

Little Rose, “Persephone you are looking terrified now & there is no need Especially when you have a bad case of Drewitis.”

Starr, “The only treatment is for you to put your arms round the Empress & ask to be united with Drew forever.”

Persephone found she was doing as she was instructed. The next minute she found herself looking out through Gaby's eyes.

Starr, “Persephone you will never be alone again. Your mind is now merging with ours & will soon be one with us.”

Gaby, “Persephone you now have joined with Maddy & Darcie. As you can now see Darcie is relieved that somebody else wanted the job of been mother to Drew’s children.”

Persephone, “Empress have I made a big mistake.”

Gaby said, “Persephone you are here because I wanted you here. You like some of the others had an independent streak. So do I but we work better as one unit. You learned many things while on your own but lost other abilities. Now you have shared all you know with us & we with you. Everyone thought Grizelda had gone over to the dark side & left her alone. In fact she was trying to save her sisters. You have been gathering & collecting for some time various gods although you could not save them you kept them safe. We managed some time ago to lock into you. Following the retrieval of the others we decided that it was time to collect you as well.”

“You have known about me all this time?”

Gaby, “We could not help but know about you when we have recovered your sisters & they kept mentioning you. What we did not realise was you & the yeti where the same.”

Persephone, “I had to put all those firs on or I would have joined the statues. I searched every day & brought back the statues I found.”

Gaby, “Well Persephone you will get your wish you will bear my brothers children.”

“Empress Gaby is I right in thinking you have a team of divers that can recover objects & ships from deep water.”

Gaby, “Well we have a reputation for doing that. I know the locations of several ships that went down in the Pacific Ocean including the Hirohito & Rising sun. The Rising sun had on board many statues of Japanese gods. “I would like to try & recover her if possible.”

Gaby, “The Japanese government is one that has not yet requested our help in recovering items. As these are in Deep Ocean though we can recover them. I will notify the Japanese that we intend to recover the Hirohito & Rising sun and see what they say.”

The following morning a very small Japanese man was at the castle gate. “I come with instructions from the Emperor. We could not recover either ship as they are in too deep water. The Emperor is willing to pay a considerable sum if they can be recovered. He is not willing to fund a treasure hunt.”

Gaby, “Tell the Emperor we will recover the ships & place any human remains in plastic bags so they may be laid with their ancestors. I have already made arrangements for the disposal of all the ammunition. Once we have recovered them you may purchase the ships from us otherwise they will be sent to our naval museum.”

“Would that be the national naval museum at Scarborough that apparently has fleets from around the world.”

Gaby, “That is one of my companies. “

“The Emperor would like to set up a similar operation in Tokyo. He would like to have ships from all the great powers.”

Gaby, “I can supply the ships if you can supply a suitable area.”
The Emperor already knows of your previous work from his daughters & has already prepared a suitable area. He has taken the lead from other countries & has decreed that Nippon should also have a national cemetery for their service men that are recovered.” The Emperor's representative left.

Persephone, “Gaby I would like to be involved.”

Gaby, “We all will be involved along with help from Simone.”

Ariel, “Aunt you still have much to learn. When these jobs come in we all take part & the recovery goes quicker it does mean we need several ships.”

“We only have to recover two ships.”

Ariel giggled. “Aunt there is far more than that & you never know what else we will recover. There may be something similar to the Nanking.”

Persephone, “Your minds tell me it will work out & that I will manage to do my part OK.”

Gaby, “I know you & some of the others have never done this before & that is why we are all going on a holiday back to our seaside base. We are taking a two week holiday.”

Persephone, “We will never find enough hotel accommodation for us all.”

Erica Tichmarch came in, “I am looking for Snowy have you seen her?”

Sophia, “Erica I am here what do you want? Snowy my mum & aunts tell me we are going to the seaside. I thought I had better come & tell you to find your bucket & spade.”

Gaby, “Yes that is a good idea Erica you can take Sophia, Lily & Rose & collect all you need.”

Lily took hold of Erica, “I think it would be a good idea for all of us children to gather our equipment together for the trip.”

Rose, “I cannot wait to start building sand castles.”

Sophia, “Well Erica we are going to build the largest sand castle.”

“Empress Gaby, Mum Ventura said I had to remind you we will need extra powered floats for the children.”

Persephone, “Apparently the children know more about the holiday than me.”

Gaby, “This is our annual holiday & all of us go. As to accommodation we have several hotels in the town. This year we will be back in the newly enlarged Crown Imperial.”

Sophia, “I have not seen it since we took over the Red Lea & extended in to that hotel. What happened to the Hunters?”

Gaby, “Rebecca is running the Empress Gardens & Sharon is in charge of the Crown Imperial. The Simones' are running the museum & the North Bay & South Bay complexes.”

Ventura came looking for Erica, “Mum I was very excited & wanted to tell my cousins so they could collect their equipment.”

Gaby, “Sophia will you take all the little ones to collect what the need.”
Erica took hold of Sophia & Lily's hand & skipped happy away.

Gaby, “Ventura as you are here you might as well learn what we are going to do.”

Sophia took all the children to the stores & said, “Towels, buckets & spades.”

Erica, “Do not forget the flags.” Erica noticed Robyn was with them. “Aunt are you coming with us.”

Robyn, “Your aunts decided Sophia will need extra help so we decided to come to the beach with you all.”

“Aunt Robyn will you be taking us swimming?”

“Erica you will not be swimming until all the others arrive & then we can go. Until then we are all going to build sand castles.”

Old Salt Again.

The old fisherman was near the lifeboat station & noticed the arrival of Robyn & her horde of girls. He greeted Robyn; “Na then Lass tha is fair thronged with lisle lasses. Are yea about t lake on sands.”

Robyn, “I was going to start with a game of Volleyball.”

Old fishermen, “Na lass if I was like those young'uns I would want to get the sand castle built afore the tide comes in.”

Starr, “He is right we can play Volleyball even if the tide is coming in. Would you Mr. Fisherman judge the sand castles?”

The old fisherman, “Why not split into three or four teams & jointly build your castles. The Girls split into Fay, Dragons, Seasons, & Oriental groups.

Janice & Star looked at the groups. “Robyn which have we to go into?”

Robyn, “Why not form your own & be the Empress group.” Shortly after they did that several others drifted over & joined them.

Little Rose, “We fit in best in the Empress group.”

All the groups decided to link all their sandcastles together. By the time Ariel & Lorelei arrived the girls had completed the sand castles & the old fisherman was handing out buckets of shells to decorate the castles with.

The Old Fisherman when he saw Gaby, “E lass it is right grand to see thee again. The young'uns asked me to judge their sand castles. To be honest it looks more like a palace with many rooms to me. I was going to buy the winners an ice cream.”

Gaby, “I think they should buy you one for helping Robyn look after them.”

Starr went to the kiosk & asked how much the ices where & was told “50p each or 10p extra with a flake.”

The lady, “TITUS Are you treating more young ones?”

Starr, “Certainly not we are treating him for judging our sand castle & giving us the shells to decorate it.”

Titus, “Libby these are the grand daughters of a friend of mine.”

Gaby, “Sorry have they all ordered yet I forgot to send them with the money.” For a short while the lady was kept very busy as each child came & got an ice cream & can of Cola. Eventually they all got what they wanted.

Titus, “Libby is there any discount for volume.”

Libby, “Is this a one off or will it be daily.”

Gaby, “It will be for the next eight weeks & normally I never carry much change. Every one of them though has a means of payment. I realise normally you would not have such a thing but I will supply you at no charge to you a computer & card reader. Payment will automatically go into your account. I take it you have a bank account.”

Libby, “Old Salt persuaded me to move to another bank. He told me it was the safest one around. I am still trying to work it out as I appear to have far more than I put in.”

Gaby, “This will only take these special cards but it will credit your account with the relevant amount. They each have a daily limit & it cannot be exceeded. The adults have no limit.” A few days later Gaby called to see how it was going.

Libby, “It is working fine & I only had one who was refused & that was in exceptional circumstances. A young girl came clutching some money & gave me an order. Unfortunately going back she fell & lost her ices. Two of your girls picked her up & cleaned her up. One came to replace what she had just lost & used her card. It took the last of her allowance.

She said, “There goes my ice-cream & drink.”

The other two, “We will get you a drink & ice-cream.” In the end though I gave her them. Neither of her sisters had sufficient to pay for her.”

Gaby, “Yes I was informed of what happened & that is why I am here. I am giving you this. It will only work with the children's cards.” One drink & one ice-cream at any one time to a child's card. If they bring a friend who obviously has not got a card then put the child's card in followed by this & it will over ride the normal instructions. We do register & record all the girls eat & drink.”

Gaby was in the kiosk when Janice appeared, “Thank you for the other day. She has found me again & we have come for an ice-cream each.” Libby looked at the card & put it in the reader & did as she had been instructed.

Janice looked at the card, “Please I think there has been a mistake. I have only been charged for one ice cream.”

Libby, “I have a special card for friends it they need anything.”

Janice, “In that case I will take the coke as well. I was trying to budget to cover the extra ice-cream.”

Gaby watched as Janice sat down & was playing with the younger girl.” A young mother came over obviously very harassed. “I am called Nichola. I bring them every day for their holiday.” The babies are only three weeks old & Lyris always wants to be on the beach. Thank your daughters for cleaning her up when she fell & for replacing her ice cream.”

Gaby, “Where are you staying?”

“My late husband paid for us all to go Half board to the Empress Gardens. He was killed in an accident at work two months ago & so never lived to see his babies. Since then I have been struggling to make ends meet. I put so much money in an envelope for the day & when that is done it is done. I will not break into any of the other envelopes or else we will be short for other days.”

“Janice, “What happened to Lyris's daddy?”

Nichola, “He was working away from home in Nottingham & a mill chimney he & some others where repairing fell down & killed them all.”

Janice, “Lyris you can share my allowance with me.”

Nichola, “We will not accept charity off anybody.”

Friend Lyris

Janice, “Lyris is my friend & friends treat each other & my allowance will cover us getting a few ice creams & colas in the day.”

Gaby. “No use arguing with her as she has already decided to treat Lyris.

Little Lily & Little Rose said & if her allowance is not sufficient there are plenty of us who can help out.”

Nichola, “I wish my sisters where more like you. None of them can help me as they have all problems of their own.”

Robyn, “Are you coming for some lunch?” Nichola looked at her envelope. Robyn, “Put that away at once. Nichola you are coming with us & you can forget about paying.”

Nichola, “You sounded forceful then almost like my late husband.” Janice & the others sat down at the table.

Robyn, “Nichola will you share with me as there is far more than I can eat on the plate.”

Nichola looked at the meal, “Is that your meal?” She looked at the children's portions, “Those are far bigger than I could ever eat.”

Robyn, “That is why we all share when we come here.” After the meal the girls all returned to the beach.”

Eventually Nichola looked at her watch. “By the time I have walked Lyris around the bay it will be tea time. If you are here tomorrow we perhaps can meet again.”

Robyn, “The girls will be here for the next eight weeks although we have a few excursions planned.”

Janice cuddled Lyris, “See you soon.” Nichola, Lyris & the babies departed around the bay.”

Janice, “You could have told her now that she has been transferred.”

Robyn, “No it is better this way at least she will not argue.”

It took Nichola at least an hour to walk round the bay to get back to the hotel. “Mum I hope we can meet up with Janice & her sisters again.”

They were just going to go to their room when the receptionist stopped them. “The management would like a word with you concerning your room.”

Nichola, “I have done nothing wrong.”

The manager, “We are the Hunters and are the managers of this hotel. Whilst you were out the ceiling in your room collapsed. All your belongings have been collected & cleaned & dried. Your room is unserviceable & we have no similar sized rooms available. With this in mind we have transferred you to The Crown Imperial & changed you to full board. We also have a few vouchers which you may find useful. Also as you will be at the Crown Imperial the children all have to have their photo taken which I have been instructed to do.”

“They will get a card which will allow them to go to the kiosk in the south bay for Drinks & ice-cream.”

“Mum it is just like the card Janice has to get drinks & Ice creams.” Madame this is your card & you may use it to also obtain lunches for your family.” A long white Limo pulled up. “This will take you to your new hotel all your belongings have been transferred to the Crown imperial.”

Nichola looking fearful, “How much extra is this going to cost me?”

The Hunters, “Nothing the management has already covered it all.”

Lyris, “Driver please can we take the long route via the sea front. They left the hotel.

Nichola, “Lyris if your friend is staying at the Crown Imperial perhaps we will see her & then you can arrange to play with her each day.

The limo pulled up outside the hotel. The driver went to open the door for Nichola & then helped bring the babies into the hotel.

Sharon was waiting to greet them & showed them to their room. “Mum this is massive we could fit an army in here.”

Nichola, “Where is the dining room.”

Sharon, “We have rather a special function on tonight & require all guests to wear evening dress.”

Nichola sighed, “I have nothing suitable.”

Sharon,” The management authorised the purchase of all you need & so I took the liberty of getting you a few items.”

Nichola looked at the dresses, “I could never afford to purchase them.”

Sharon, “No need it is all covered.”

Nichola, “I do not know the last names but I think my daughter & I have a few friends who may also be staying here. All I can tell you is there is one called Gaby, another called Robyn & a little girl called Janice who has made friends with my daughter.”

Sharon, “Sorry I do not know those names.”

Nichola, “Well apparently we must have a fairy godmother or something.”

Lyris, “I feel the same With Janice. All the time she has been there for me. Mum you & I both know that you did not have sufficient money to feed us. Those envelopes only have sufficient to get me a drink or ice-cream. You make us some sandwiches for lunch time.”

Nichola, “At least for the next two weeks we will all be well fed.”

Lyris, “Mum what where those other tokens we were given.”

Nichola looked, “free entry to a museum & to the sea life centre.”
Free admission to a swimming pool. Tickets for several shows. “

Nichola, “Lyris I am sorry but I cannot permit you to go to the swimming pool. But we can go to the Sealife centre.”

“Yes mum I realise that it is because we are freaks.”

“Come let us get dressed & go down for the meal.” They entered the dining room. They were shown to a table & sat down. They looked around

Lyris, “Mum there is my friend Janice”

She ran across to Janice & cuddled her. “Janice we have been moved here.”

Janice, “Tell your mother to come across here & join us. We are going to the Sealife centre after tea.”

Lyris, “Mum can we go as well & use our voucher.”

Nichola, “Yes we can go & you can join your friend there.” After the meal they all went to the sea life centre. Lyris was enjoying herself. The rays where coming to the top of the tank. Lyris stroked them & even talked to them. They all passed through a glass tunnel & could see some of the larger fish swimming. After that they went into the seal enclosure. Unseen by her mother Lyris went back to the big tank & tried to stroke the larger fish. Lyris fell in & started to swim. She quickly disposed of her clothes & started to swim.”

Robyn, “Gaby there can be no doubt now look we have a mermaid in the tank.”

Nichola screamed at Lyris, “Because of you Lyris now they all know we are freaks. I tried to avoid letting her swim as we both will develop tails in water.”

Janice, “I had better go and get her.” Janice dived in & swam to Lyris. At first Nichola did not realise that Janice was a mermaid. Janice took hold of Lyris & led her to the seal tank.”

Gaby, “Nichola you pose several problems for us because you & your daughters are mermaids. There is no doubt about that. Are your sister’s the same?”

“Gaby I honestly do not know as we were never permitted to go swimming. My mother always told me I was a freak & that I had never to ever go swimming or even take a bath. I always had to have a shower.”

“Time then we found out how much of a mermaid you are. Come we will go to the deep water tank & collect the girls.”

“Mummy, Mummy did you see Janice she is like me with a fishy tail. Mummy I am telling the truth & Janice said, I am beautiful & not a freak.”

Gaby, “Well Nichola are you going to enter?”

Nichola was hesitating & Robyn & Ariel took hold of her hands & leaped into the water taking Nichola with them.”

Nichola, “My new dress is ruined now.”

Ariel helped her remove it. “Now we can see you as you should be seen.”

Nichola, “My legs have gone. I am now half a fish.” She watched as the others all dived in & developed fins.”

Nichola rubbed her eyes “I thought I was dreaming.”

Robyn, “We are all going to Gibb point.” At Gibb point Robyn picked up a conch shell & blew it.

Nichola, “The Sea is boiling over there.”

Neptune emerged in his chariot. “Why did you summon me?”

Gaby, “Uncle I thought we had recovered all your daughters & wives.”

Lindi, “As far as I know we have all my sisters are recovered. I have no missing daughters or nieces.”

“That is what I thought then perhaps uncle could explain these two to me.”

Neptune looked at Nichola & Lyris, “Honestly Empress they are not my children or offspring. They do not even bear my mark or any marks come to that.”

Gaby, “Nichola here has several sisters & they were all forbidden to go swimming.”
Helen came up & Neptune said, “Mother honestly I have never seen either of them until a few minutes ago.”

Helen, “Look again I think I know where they have come from.”

Neptune looked again, “The young girl reminds me of my childhood.”

Lyris, “Have I done something wrong.”

Neptune picked her up. “No you did perfectly right what little mermaid does not want to swim with the rays.”

Lyris turned to Robyn, “Will I still be allowed to play on the beach & build sand castles.”

Neptune, “I think it is an ideal environment for the likes of you. Especially as you have all these to look after you. I may not be your Grandfather but I think it may be best to call me granddad like the others. That also goes for you young lady & I suggest you collect all your sisters & their offspring & bring them to me. We cannot have lone mermaids roaming the planet. Before I tell Gaby I want all your sisters & children in Valhalla tonight.”

Nichola, “Am I permitted to kiss you?”

Lindi laughed, “Go kiss your uncle for I think that is what he will be.”

Neptune, “You will be treated the same as all my children & nieces.” With that he vanished beneath the waves.

“I have to tell Gaby that he wants to see all my sisters & their children in Valhalla tonight.”

Gaby looked at her watch, “In that case we had better get back fast & you can be telling me where they all are. By the time Nichola arrived at the hotel. Poppy, Daisy & friends where returning with Nichola's sisters & children.

Poppy, “We needed to smarten them all up & every one of them looks as if they are starving.”

Lyris ran to greet her cousins. “I did something naughty & that is why you are all been brought here. I went swimming with all my clothing on in a fish tank in the sea life centre.”

“I bet Aunt Nichola was fuming with you.”

“Mummy ended up going swimming with her clothes on & we met an old man. The old man wanted to meet you all. This is my friend Janice.”

One of the cousins, “You saw what happened then.”

Janice laughed, “We ended up comparing our tails as I have one also.”

Gaby, “Now I have got you all together I hope you can give me some information. Your Mother or grandmother where are they?

Nichola, “Our father was killed in a war & something similar happened to Grandfather. Our mother & grandmother are dead. They did not want interring or cremating. They both opted to be frozen instead.”

Gaby listened & spoke to Helen. “You know who their grandmother is.”

Helen, “I have my suspicions Neptune had a twin sister & she went missing as a child. Unlike him though she hated the water & tried to deny her heritage. I think these are some of her descendants.”

Gaby, “Helen will you & Neptune present all the girls & their families to me but first they all need to take a bath & I would suggest the new pool as it is closed to the public now.”

Janice, “Come on you lot do the same as me & forget about your mums they will follow soon.”

Nichola, “Not again.”

Her sisters, “It looks like we will have to get wet to get them out of the pool.”

“See mum I told you Janice had a tail like mine. So have my cousins & aunts.”

Nichola, “No wonder mother told us not to go swimming.”
Robyn stood at the side of the baths with a megaphone “Will all you mermaids please come ashore.”

Nichola, “That is one of the two who dragged me in to the water.” She also pointed Ariel out.”

The sister, “Well sister we must repay them both.” As they got out two of the girls linked up with Ariel & two with Robyn. They then jumped back in taking Robyn & Ariel with them.

Ariel, “I will get even tomorrow.”

Nichola,” That was payback time.” She started to laugh. “It is such a long time since we all had so much fun.”

Ariel, “Well from now on there is going to be a lot of that & a lot of swimming.”

Lyris, “Well we all have to go and see the old Man.” Robyn & Ariel giggled at Neptune been called the Old man.”

Lorelei, “Children to the left adults to the right.” A short time later they all emerged dressed & decorated.”

Nichola looked at herself & her three sisters. “We all look pretty.” The children joined them.

“Mum have you seen my cousins we are all dressed in a Blue/Green dress we all look very pretty. Daisy came to collect them all & also instruct them what to do.

Lyris “Are you a mermaid too.”

Daisy, “No I am not a mermaid although I am almost as good at swimming as a mermaid.”

“My friend Janice is a mermaid & we are all mermaids.”

Daisy, “Yes I know & that is why I have come for you. I have to instruct you how to greet the Empress & how to curtsy.”

Lyris, “Oh that is easy you do it like this. I learned that in my lessons at dance school.”

Daisy had all of them do it until she was satisfied. “Right you can all follow me in pairs.”

Lyris, “There is only one of me so can I hold your hand to keep you safe?” As they got nearer Lyris saw Neptune, “That is the Old man & I have to call him Grandpa although he is not grandpa.” Lyris broke free & ran to Neptune, “Grandpa do you need a cuddle I do?”

Lyris looked at Helen “You can be my Granny? Well I am going to call you Granny because you remind me of Granny but you are almost as old as my mum.” Gaby & Robyn both tried to stifle giggles. “Grandpa I am going to meet a Queen & I have to curtsy to her.”

Helen, “Well I need some help will you show me how to curtsy?”

“Granny you are silly everybody knows how to curtsy & the Queen would be cross with you if you could not do it correctly.”

Helen, “I tell you what we will both do a curtsy in front of your friends & see if we have got it right.”

Helen, “Empress may I present my Granddaughter Lyris.”

Lyris, “No Granny you did that all wrong. You said Empress & we were taught that you curtsied like this to a Queen but like this to an Empress.”

Helen, “Lyris I do not know if I can get so low but I will try. See Granny you can do it & now we have done it for Gaby & Robyn we can do it for the Empress.”

Gaby, “Lyris why not go and bring your mother & her sisters & get them to do the same.”

Helen, “Empress may I present Nichola & Rula.”

Lyris inspected the curtsy, “Aunt you need to go lower like this.” “Yes now you have it correct remember mummy for a queen like this but for an Empress like this.” As all were presented they all got a lecture from Lyris then it was the turn of her cousins.

Lyris, “I will have to do two more curtsies as my baby sisters are far too young to be taught yet.”

Anna came & clapped her hands, “Bravo, Bravo, At least one here knows how to do it correctly. I ought to have you teach all these how to it correctly.”

Anna, “Lyris think of Maddy as a Queen & Gaby as an Empress.”

Lyris bobbed “Queen Maddy, Empress Gaby.”

Gaby, “Lyris as you are such an expert you had better come & sit with us & you can tell me who is doing it wrong & then they will have to do it again.”

Neptune smiled as Lyris said, “Aunt Ariel you will have to do it again or the Empress might chop off your head. Now remember Aunt Ariel do it correctly.”

Robyn, “Well teacher did I do it correctly.”

“Grandpa tell Aunt Robyn off she is making fun of me & my teacher told me if a job was worth doing it was worth doing correctly.”

Anna, “Lyris by any chance have you had lessons with Petrova?”

“That was the name of the lady who taught me when daddy was alive. Now mummy cannot afford to send me.”

Gaby, “Lyris it is compulsory for all mermaids to dance. I am afraid you & your family will have to take dancing lessons again.”

Several of Lyris's cousins, “That is great Lyris you have just got us all lessons.”

Anna, “Lyris can you show Gaby what you have learned.”

“I need a partner to help me.” Lyris looked at all the faces & then chose Victoria. “That lady said all mermaids must be able to dance so we will do it together.”

Petrova put the music on & Lyris went in to her routine. Victoria did the dance with her & then Darcie took over. “Can we do it again?”

Lyris looked at her. “You are not holding your leg correctly you will never make a great dancer if you hold yourself like that you have to do it like this.”

Anna, “Lyris will you show me?”

Lyris danced with Anna, “You did it correctly those others need lots or practice or they will never be as good as you.”

Anna, “You heard what Lyris said, You all need plenty of practice so I am going to have to start running extra classes soon as some of you are not performing to the best of your ability.”

Lyris, “We have all been practising & we still have to meet the Empress. She will be getting very cross because I have kept her waiting.”

Ariel, “Perhaps she will only chop off your head for being late.”

“Grandpa & my friends Gaby & Robyn would not let any harm come to me. I am a Princess of the Sea & you curtsy to a Princess like this.”

Neptune, “I think the Empress has been watching you all the time Lyris.”

Lyris ran & sat on Gaby's knees, “You will help protect this little Princess.”

Robyn, “Lyris all Princess need a little crown like the ones Little Lily & Rose are wearing.

Gaby, “I just happen to have enough spare for your cousins & their mothers.”

Robyn put a little necklace around Lyris's neck Gaby placed a crown on her head. Helen came to take Lyris back. But Lyris clung hold of Gaby “If they take me away from you the Empress might chop of my head. I will stay here with you.”

The next time Helen looked Lyris was fast asleep in Gaby's arms.

Neptune picked her up, “I promise nobody here will harm you & should anybody ever harm you they will have me to contend with.”

He handed her back to her mother who said, “She is going to be disappointed she did not get to meet the Queen & Empress.

Helen, “She may not know it but she is already a great favourite with more than one Empress & several Queens.”

Gaby, “Nichola from the day Lyris fell with her drink & ice-cream life for you will now be different, as it will for your sisters & their children.”

Rula, “I am glad we are all together at least now I can go swimming with friends who do not mind that I have grown a tail.”

Gaby looked at the others & one of the girls “Was the lady kidding or are we all expected to dance?”

“I vos not kidding, of course you vill all dance for me.”

“We are not as good as Lyris but she taught us all the moves she knew but we never went to school like Lyris.”

Anna, “Well we better see how good a teacher Lyris actually is.”

Sable, “These are good feet & these bad.”

Nancy, “This is first position,”

Sarah. “This Third position.”

Peace. “Then we combine them all & do a Grande Jete like this.”

Petrova put the music on & Nancy said, “We need somebody to pretend to be curled up as a ball in the centre.”

Gaby, “Will I do?” Gaby went to the centre & curled up. The other four danced around. Eventually the music changed & Nancy said, “This is where you awake & dance with us.”

Lyris awoke to see Gaby dancing with her cousins & watched. “Mum Gaby knows all my moves.”

Nichola, “You have to admit Lyris Gaby is very good.”

Lyris, “I have not shown her the moves & she knows them all.”

Neptune, “I agree she is good it is a pity she does not dance often.”

Lyris,” “Well with me to teach her she is going to have lots of practice.”

Bridget, “Perhaps you could also teach me & Darcie as well.”

Lyris looked at them both, “You two need somebody older like the nice lady with the funny voice.”

Anna, “Do you think perhaps I should teach these two?”

Lyris, “This one was been naughty & should be sent to the kindergarten until she learns to hold her legs correctly. This one cannot even tap dance correctly.”

Anna was laughing, “Girls you two have been told off by an expert. “Now perhaps you both can do it correctly or you both will be in the kindergarten.”

“See I knew she could do it correctly one day she will be as good as you but not as good as Gaby.” Next was Bridget's turn. Lyris clapped her hand & went on to the floor to join Bridget. Lyris leaped into the air & let Bridget catch her.

Anna, “This one although she is young does not need lessons.”

Bridget, “Lyris could you do that again in front of people?” What I want you to do is sit on the front row & watch the dancing.” When it comes to this dance I want you to come on to the stage & do what you just have done.”

Lyris, “Can my cousins sit with me?”

Gaby, “If you accept then yes they can.”

All the girls looked at Lyris, “OK if Bridget is going to dance I need to be there to see she correctly performs the dance.”

Anna chuckled, “Bridget you have a personal tutor now.”

Lyris, “I am getting very tired now but with all this dancing need a bath & I never even got to meet the Empress & show her that I can curtsy correctly.”

Gaby, “Well I happen to know she thought you did very well. I have something else for you & your cousins before you go to bed.”

Lyris looked at the gift, “Am I also a Fairy Princess?”

Neptune, “Lyris you will always be a Princess of the Sea but yes you may also be a fairy Princess.”

Lyris looked at Oberon, “Have I to call you Grandpa also?”

Oberon, “Yes that will do nicely & I see you have been teaching my Bridget.”

“Yes Grandpa Aunt Bridget was been naughty & not dancing correctly.”

Oberon, “I have a little present for each of you.” He placed a bracelet on Lyris & then the others.”

Nichola & Nancy looked at the bracelet. “Granny had a bracelet identical to this but we could not remove it so we left it on her.”

Neptune, “Did she have a similar necklace to these.”

Lyris, “My Granny did have one similar but not the same. It had a big crown & not this little one & the chain was much shorter it was like a choker & there was a single stick not one with three points but it had waves like this.”

Neptune, “You are sure about this Lyris?”

Nichola, “Lyris will be correct about it she usually is.”

Neptune & Oberon, “There can be no doubt now where the mermaids have come from then.”

Helen, “Nichola can you or your sisters remember your Granny's name.”

Nichola giggled, “Yes we all remember she was called Arctica. We all used to say Granny was named after the coldest driest sea. She would never go to a public bath & would never ever let us go. Granny even named mum after the seas because she was named Ocianus.”

Neptune, “Lyris you can still call Helen Grandma but it would be better if you called me Uncle & Oberon Uncle.

Lyris, “To me you will always be the old man. If you want me to call you Uncle then I will. Do you know Gaby's other old friend Libby called him the old salt.”

Neptune, “I have not seen him for a long time.”

“Well then Uncle you can take me to the beach with my cousins & look after us tomorrow & talk to him. Then you can take us to Gaby's cafe for a fish dinner.”

Neptune, “You want to go there for your meal.”

“I will buy you an ice-cream with my card.”

Neptune, “How can I refuse an invitation like that. A young mermaid offering to buy me an ice-cream. Of course I will come to the beach with you.”

Linda, “Lyris can all your aunts come as well.”

Lyris, “It would probably be better because uncle will be chatting all the time to his friend. You know what these men are like when they get chatting.”

Gaby, “Robyn & I have to go away on business with Maddy & Little Lily & Ariel but we will soon return. We will be back in time to have lunch at 13.30 So if we are not there you are to order for me & the others.”

Lyris, “Uncle you have to remember to order meals for Gaby & friends.”

Neptune, “Are you all going tonight or setting off in the morning?”

Gaby, “We had intended going in the morning but if we go now it would be quieter.”

Nichola was been looked after by Helen. Nichola, “I think I know your Business. You may need these for c18 & d18.”

Gaby, “Thank you.”

Nichola, “It is past your bedtime & I have no idea where our rooms are.” Starr, “Let me show you. Although it would be better if your sisters slept in your room with you & Lyris slept with her cousins in the adjoining room.”

“Mum can we do that?”

Nichola, “I am too tired to argue do what you want as I need some rest also.”

“Grandma Helen as mummy is tired will you tuck us all up & give us a kiss after we have said our prayers.”

Helen, “If that is what you & your cousins all want then I can do that.”

Nichola, “I am absolutely worn out thank you for seeing to them.”

Helen, “That is what Granny’s do help out with the children & you have more Granny’s than you may realise.” Nichola & sisters were asleep before their daughters.

Neptune’s Dancing Lesson.

Lyris & cousins where up early & found the swimming pool. Lyris jumped in & said follow me.” The others followed her to a cave. “This is where Uncle lives. Uncle we have come to take you to the beach.”

Neptune rubbed his eyes, “Would you all like a ride on my chariot?”

Lyris, “Mummy is still asleep & we will have to go for breakfast but yes we would like a ride on your chariot. This is better than a fast car.”

Neptune, “Do any of you girls know how to use a computer.”

One of the cousins, “I do as mummy taught me. She said it may come in useful one day.”

Neptune, “When we get back you can show me & then we all better go for breakfast.” After demonstrating how to use the computer to Neptune. Neptune went with them for breakfast.

Neptune, “I think we better go for breakfast.”

“Hello Bridget we went to wake Uncle up so he could have breakfast with us. Come Uncle you get to sit with us.”

Lindi, “I thought he must have vanished with one of my sisters.”

Pegi, “They are certainly all keeping him amused.”

Linda, “He always did love to have children around & now he has all these little mermaids to keep him happy.”

Nichola “Am I right in thinking that my Granny is Neptune's Sister & he is actually my great uncle.”

Lindi, “You finally worked it out then. Just call us Aunt & Uncle it is far easier.”

“So Robyn, Ariel, Lorelei, Amazon, Amazonia & some of the others are Mums cousins.”

Lyris overheard part of what her mother said. Lyris s, “Cousin Amazonia will you come & play on the beach. It is better if we all play together.”

Lucy, “Of course she will play with you.”

Lyris, “Mummy did not realise she had so many cousins & Aunts. Mummy used to cry a lot but you have made her forget to cry. I like it when she is happy. We have to teach Uncle how to use a computer because he did not know how to.”

Amazonia, “Dad have the girls been showing you.”

Lydia, “We even had to show him how to switch it on.”

“Father really if you needed help I could have shown you.”

Neptune, “I already have plenty of teachers & they are been paid in ice cream & cola.”

Amazonia, “Now I understand.”

Lydia, “We will call for you tomorrow if you wish & you can watch us teach how to use the computer.”

Amazonia, “I think I will come & see how this lesson is been taught.”

Lyris, “Come on Uncle you have to drink your orange juice up.” Helen was eating with Neptune's wives.

Lindi, “They have him drinking orange juice & I failed in that.”

Helen, “He always refused point blank for me.”

Linda, “Well I propose that he takes all his meals with the girls while they are here.” Neptune found his seat had been moved to be with the girls.

Lyris, “Uncle that plate is far too big for you. You need one like this.” Neptune found the girls where cutting his portions down.

Lyris, “You will soon be fit enough to dance with us.”

Amazonia burst out in a fit of hysterics. Lindi, “I bet that you cannot get him dancing before the holiday is over.”

Lyris, “It is wrong to bet but as you have made it. Then an ice cream from our allowance against a meal for us all in the fish restaurant.”

Amazonia, “I cannot wait until the end of the holiday to get the ice-cream.”

Neptune, “Do not worry Lyris I will buy you a replacement ice-cream.”

Lyris, “I intend to win that meal for us all & you can then have a big meal again.”

Neptune, “You intend to teach me. I can do it Uncle all we need to do is get you a little slimmer & then you will do it easy.”

At the beach Lindi came across, “Neptune I understand I have to get you a tutu.”

Neptune, “I know you all think I cannot do it so I will be taking lessons off Lyris to prove I can do it.”

Lyris & Lydia took hold of Neptune, “We are going to the beach now see you later.” Lyris & Lydia had Neptune practising on the beach before the others arrived. Once they arrived though he sat back & pretended not to know how to do it.

After two days of dancing Lyris said, “We are going to win easy. Especially with those early morning lessons we are doing with you.”

Neptune, “Well I am certainly fitter & slimmer than I have been in a long time.” Arial & Gaby noticed what was going on.

Amazonia, “Lyris has to teach father to dance or lose her ice-cream allowance for the day.”

Gaby, “Well it looks like she has already won. Yes even I have been going to the early morning practice sessions & then they are having sessions on the beach before I arrive.”

“Gaby how did you get on?”

Gaby, “We recovered mother & two daughters. They are recovering at Oberon's but should be with us this weekend. Helen has gone to stay with them.”

Gaby, “Lyris I need a mermaid dance team & they will need to practice on the beach.”

Lydia, “You already have it although we could do with some older mermaids like Robyn, Ariel & our cousins & even our aunts & Great Aunts.”

Neptune burst out laughing, “Lindi & sisters you apparently are also included, as are all my daughters.”

“Gaby would it be possible for Anna help teach the old ones as they listen to her better. You can help me with the young ones as we are the best.” There were eventually three teams & all morning they took it in terns to dance on the beach.”

Some people stopped to watch & some of them even asked if they were going to be on the stage.

Bridget. “The little ones will be going on stage tonight for their first time.”

Anna, “Gaby see how serious she takes this even as a bambino she is putting her heart & soul into it.”

They were all slightly later than the time they had arranged for their lunch. Lyris, “Uncle do you want to share the special with me.”

Neptune looked around, “Yes Lyris that is a very good suggestion.”

Lyris ordered her food & then said & can we have a big glass of Orange Juice for my uncle. He is a dancer you know & has to keep fit.”

Pegi, “Well I cannot wait until she gets him in a leotard.”

Amazonia, “I will have you know he has been training hard with the mermaids.”

Lindi, “There he is the King of the Seas and a group of little girls are running rings round him. Not that I mind he is certainly fitter & slimmer than when we where first married.”

Linda, “If he continues like this it will be all of us putting weight on again.”

Lindi, “I am already putting weight on.”

Amazonia, “I promise not to tell the others yet mum but you might have to take it easy soon.”

Lindi, “Well I am going to hold you responsible.”

“Me mum.”

“Yes if you had not been teasing Lyris she would not be slimming him down & having him dancing.”

“Yes mum but you have to agree it is better to have a slimmer fitter Neptune.”

Linda, “He hated orange juice but he is drinking it by the gallon.”

Neptune came to join his wives, “I need a break from the girls.” “At least this holiday has only another 7 weeks to go.”

Lindi, “Neptune do you promise that so long as there are young mermaids in our house you will eat small portions & continue to drink orange juice.”

Neptune, “Yes I will do that for them.”

Lindi, “I am glad because we have something to tell you. Ariel & Josie are soon to get some more sisters.”

Neptune, “All of you!”

Pegi, “All but one & that will be resolved tonight.”

Amazonia, “Daddy are you going to let me win the bet.”

Neptune, “Certainly not even if I am permanently surrounded with mermaids I will not give in on this wager. Lyris promised to get me dancing & that is what I am going to do. I am looking forward to my meal. I am also looking forward to my next lessons. It is years since I felt so fit & if keeping fit means having young mermaids around then I look forward to the next batch.”

Lydia, “Come on Uncle you are with us & not the oldies.” The Tide had come in while they were having lunch.”

Gaby, “I presume you where wanting to practice in the open. We could all go to Peasholme Park & take a CD player.”

Lyris, “We all could practice together young & old in the park. Will we be able to use our cards to get drinks & ice-cream?”

Gaby, “I will make arrangements so you can get something to drink or eat.”As they were making their way to the park they saw. Sharon & Rebecca sunbathing.

Lydia, “You two can come with us & practice with us.” Rebecca was about to tell Lydia off when she noticed Gaby.

Gaby, “All of us are off to Peasholme for the dance classes as the tide is high & they want to practice in the open.”

Lyris looked at Sharon, “Are you a mermaid?”

Sharon, “Yes I suppose I and my sisters are. Well then you have to all obey the orders that all mermaids are to dance in the park. Uncle will be very cross if you disobey. Come you can join my team that is the best.”

Rebecca spoke into the mobile phone, “I have given instructions for our tea & staff will be bringing Ice-cream & drinks. Now perhaps I can join your team.” All afternoon Lyris kept the entire group dancing. Occasionally there was a. “NO, NO, NO. Do it correctly as you have been taught.”

At 16.00 Gaby said, “We all need to go swimming at the pool.”

Lyris, “But the Sealife is nearer & we can all swim to the Rock & back.”

Neptune, “Her grandmother will be very proud of her. When is she returning?”

Gaby, “Look at your mother & the two girls she is keeping hold off by the pool.”

Neptune looked at his mother & realised it was his sister & niece. One of the girls broke free & said, “Tuney is that you?”

“Arctica that can only be you so the other must be Ocianus.”

“Those where our names but mum thought we ought to be renamed something nicer & simpler. So I am Maryellen & this is Ellenmarie.”

Lyris came up, “Granny are these two also going swimming with us.”

Lyris & Lydia took hold of Maryellen & Ellenmarie, “Is this your first time.”

Maryellen, “I was scared.”

Lyris, “I was told not to go swimming but the seals told me it was nice. I sort of fell in to the tank & Janice came to get me. It was then I realised Janice was like me & my cousins might be the same. This is their first real time in the sea. I have done it before.”

Maryellen, “Where you not scared of what your mum would say.”

“Yes and Aunt Robyn & Aunt Ariel had to jump in holding mum but then she is old. Later mum & her sisters got Ariel & Robyn back by grabbing hold of them & jumping in the pool. I miss my Granny but I have a new Granny now & she is young. That was my grandma Helen you where holding hands with. I see the old man has given you both necklaces. Yours is like the one like my Granny used to wear. You two have even got the fairy bracelets like me. Have you got your wands yet? Sorry I am firing questions at you both & we should be swimming.”

Helen, “You where right son she has got them both swimming. I think we can finally say good-by to Arctica & Ocianus & hello to Maryellen & Ellenmarie.”

Neptune, “Lyris is sharp she noticed the difference in the necklaces & that they were both wearing bracelets.” The two kept hold of Lyris as they ran to the pool & went straight in.

Lyris, “Do not worry about costumes we all grow a new one each time we go swimming. Race you to the others.”

A seal was swimming by & spoke to Lyris. Lyris, “We need to catch up with the others.”

Willie the Orca, “Take hold of my fin & climb on my back.”

The three of them did as instructed & Willie soon caught up with the others.

Gaby, “I see your two friends have decided to come.”

Lyris, “Grandma Helen is looking after these two & so they will be dancing with me.”

After swimming back they had their evening meal. After the meal Lyris said, “Gaby have I to teach Maryellen & Ellenmarie to curtsy as they will need to meet the Empress & they need to do it correctly.”

Gaby, “Yes they do need to receive their wands. Helen was going to present them but I think you can do a better job.”

Lyris had them both practising. “Remember the Empress you go like this.” Lyris led them both to the great hall curtsied. “Empress of the Seas. I Lyris daughter of Nichola have to present two mermaid sisters to you. First I present Ocianus my Granny & now to be known as Ellenmarie. Secondly I present the twin sister of the old man Arctica now to be known as Helen Mary. They both thought that they could trick me & I would not know.”

Lucy whispered to Gaby “She spoke with the Seals & Wales & appears to be reading their minds.”

Lyris, “Grandma Helen, Ocianus & Arctica will not be returning & you have these two to bring up. As they are now the same age as me it is only right they sleep with us in the children's section. Also they will be ready when we all go to teach the Old man in the morning. Empress Gaby forgive me for not addressing you correctly. Willie told me off for not addressing you correctly. I apparently have similar skills as some of my cousins & yourself. Grandma could not fool me as I know the bracelet & necklace. Also uncles face was a picture when the two greeted him & called him Tuney.”

Lyris looked around, “Well we all appear to be here. I have to go on stage tonight with the pearls. Poor cousin Bridget needs our help again. Now before I have to go my new sisters of the sea need wands like me.” Gaby handed them both wands. “Remember your curtsy.”

Gaby, “Can the rest of the pearls come here. All the little ones came out to the front & Gaby waved her arms “I best make sure you are all dressed correctly.”

Bridget, “Gaby the front row is reserved for them at the theatre.” Bridget & the adults all went on stage & danced then just before the last scene with a microphone in her hand.”Ladies and Gentlemen tonight we have an extra performance by the Empress of the Seas & the Pearls. I would like the pearls to come on stage & dance with me now.”

Lyris & the others all walked up the stairs & on to the stage. Bridget then went to the side. “The Pearls are going to summon the Empress of the Seas with their dancing.”

After the Girls had been dancing a while a giant shell opened revealing a person curled up. Gaby slowly uncurled & started to dance while the pearls all sat down. Eventually the pearls started to dance again in a large circle then it split & some went round to the left & some to the right. It looked like two large wheels. Eventually the Empress selected one of the pearls to dance with her. The one she selected had to dance very fast & then leap into the air & is caught by the Queen. Lyris did this to perfection. While she was doing this the others started dancing again & then froze in a pose when Lyris landed in Gaby's arms.

Bridget, “Ladies & Gentlemen the pearls will be back with their Queen every night this week.”

The Dance & Music critic had been at the show. “He reported. Dame Gaby makes a surprise appearance in an Irish dance show. “She appeared as the Empress of the Seas with the pearls. Obviously she has trained the girls to a high degree & Lyris executed a superb leap in to Dame Gaby's arms. This extra scene is worth paying for alone & the whole show is highly recommended for everybody to see.”

The manager of the theatre came to see Bridget. “I know I only booked you for the week but could you manage to stay to the end of the season.”

Bridget, “Well I am not sure what other commitments we already have.” Darcie came in with Gaby & the girls. “

Darcie, “Is it Bridget or these you actually want?”

The manager, “Both if possible.”

Lyris, “We are supposed to be on holiday here. We do not mind dancing again if you want as we are here all week.”

“My management have instructed me to make hotel reservations for you all until the end of the season & I was to make arrangements for the children to be taught.”

Darcie said, “Both those are already taken care of. We could discus payment instead of hotel accommodation.”

Lyris looked at him, “So there are no misunderstandings all payments will go to Darcie who is our managing agent. We already have private tuition. We are willing to do two shows one in the afternoon & one in the evening. I can speak for us all when I say we will accept your offer & the additional bonuses you are offering.” Lyris whispered something to Darcie who printed out the contract.

The manager looked at her & sighed, “OK you can have this.”

He left Bridget looked at the contract, “Not only have you Greatly increased our pay but you got us extras as well.”

Lyris, “I knew the maximum he was instructed to go to & put that down. He was in trouble if we had said no.”

Gaby, “Lyris it is obvious you can read minds.”

Lyris Replied, “I just happen to know what people actually want.”

“Lyris can you come across here & give me a kiss & cuddle as I feel like one.”

Lyris ran across, “Gaby you do not need to ask me for one. Oh I can see Little Lily & Little Rose are already on the beach playing with my cousins. Oh Gaby the other Gaby is crying. Somebody called Frea has let her down.”

Gaby, “Helen I wish to speak to you.”

With a pop Helen appeared. “I have been rather busy sorting the girls out but what can I do for you.”

Gaby, “It is not me that is upset.”

Lyris, “Grandma somebody called Frea has upset the other Gaby. She made a promise & has not kept it.”

Helen, “Opps that was me. Wait a minute the other voice was Lyris.”

“Hello Granny I am helping Gaby.”

Gaby, “As you have given yourself away you better come out of hiding.”

“I am joining Gaby's special club.”

Helen, “It looks like you have already joined.”

“Lucy told me I had a special gift.”

Helen, “It is Gaby's birthday & that is why she is upset I forgot to arrange her a party.”

Gaby, “Lyris I have a very special job for you to do. You have to keep Gaby2 away all day. Make sure you do not come back until at least 18.00 preferably a little later if possible.”

“OK I will go & find her now.”

Helen, “We better get the cards, food & presents organised.”

Maddy, “The young ones are on the beach & I have a team ready to decorate the hall once Lyris gets her out of the way.

Lyris. “Hello I was wondering if you could help me. My cousins have left me to go to the beach & play. Would you come & play with me as I am lonely. Mummy has the babies but I have nobody. You can have an Ice-cream & cola from my allowance if you come with me.”

Gaby 2 looked at her, “I have a better idea. First though I need to smarten myself up.”

Lyris watched her, “Can my big sister put some of that on me.”

Gaby 2, “Why not. Will you come shopping with me?”

Lyris, “Yes but my card only allows me to buy Ice-cream & Cola.”

Gaby 2, “Mine will allow us to get all we need.”

Lyris, “Will you promise to be my big sister.”

Gaby two, “I was sad but you have cheered me up. If we are going to be sisters then we should dress alike.”

“I do not have many clothing because most of mine was destroyed when the ceiling collapsed. Mum has forgotten I need new everything.”

Gaby 2 smiled, “Then I think I can help you & we can go shopping for you but I want a few things as well.”

As soon as they set off the others started to decorate the room. Nichola came looking for Lyris.

Gaby, “She is on an errand for me & will be away all day.”

Nichola, “I had intended getting her some new clothing.”

Gaby, “That is been taken care of by my name sake who is shopping with Lyris.”

Nichola, “I will put these in the nursery & hope Lyris chooses something sensible.”

Lyris mean while was busy chatting to Gaby 2, “I like shopping with you.” The two of them where soon laden down with shopping bags.

Gaby 2, “We could go to the Grand & get a drink & cake there.” Rebecca saw the two of them come in.

“Would you like to leave all you’re shopping here & then collect it at the end of the day?”

Gaby 2. “Yes Rebecca that would be ideal although we have a lot more shopping to do.”

Rebecca, “Just keep calling back & dropping it in.”

Lyris, “Gaby this is one of my friends called Rebecca.”

Rebecca “Would you like something.”

Lyris, “I have missed my morning ice-cream & cola.”

Rebecca, “Lyris would you prefer cola or perhaps a chocolate milkshake?”

Gaby2. “I will have the same as my little sister.”

Rebecca, “I used to be lonely until I became Sharon's sister & now I am lonely no more.” Lyris held her card out for Rebecca to take.

Rebecca, “The Ices & drinks are on me as I do not charge my friends.” Lyris & Gaby2 drank their milkshakes & ate their ice creams. Then they set off shopping again.

After another two hours Gaby2 said, “I am getting hungry but first we have to drop this shopping all off.”

After dropping the shopping Gaby2 said, “I do not feel like eating down at the restaurant when we are up here.”

Lyris, “There is a cafe called the Sunflower & I have heard it is good although I have never been in it. They found a seat & placed their order. After eating up. “Do you want to come to the beach with me now?”

Gaby two, “Why not but we need to get a few things because we forgot them. They walked into Boyce’s department store & got sun cream, Towels, costumes, buckets & spades & a changing tent. Lyris once again held on to Gaby 2. They eventually found a place on the beach. They were busy playing & then they heard sirens going off.

Gaby 2 packed up everything. “Lyris there is an emergency we had better go and find out about it.”

Sinking Liner.

The lady at the lifeboat station, “A big cruise liner from Hull had struck an underwater object & was sinking. She has sent out an all ships distress.”

Gaby 2, “Lyris hold tight we need to get to the Sea Life Centre & put our own distress signal out.”

Lyris, “Gaby has said to meet her there. I have a direct link to her.” Gaby 2 waved her arms & the two of them where at the sea life centre.

Lyris, “I need help to get their fast can you seals help us.” They saw Willie. “Gaby2 we are going by express whale.” They saw the ship was trying to sail towards Scarborough but all the people where on the top deck. The ship started to lower the lifeboats.” One overturned but then the two girls helped right it & the people got into it.

Gaby2, “We are going to have to go through the ship & see if there are any more on board.

Lyris, “I can here crying.” They opened the door & found a roomful of children with an unconscious adult. Can you older ones help Gaby 2 to carry this lady to the water.” All the children helped carry her & they got to the top deck but all the boats had gone.”

Lyris shouted, “Willie.” He appeared with his family. “We need help with all of these children.

Willie, “Tell then to climb on to my back & keep very still. Gaby2 “I will have to go with these. Can you manage the injured lady?” The youngest whale said lay her on me & I will take her carefully while the rest of you can go with mother & Lyris. “As they were setting off Gaby & the others arrived.”

Gaby, “We will try & prevent it from sinking any further.”

Gaby 2, “We got to cabin 27 & found these but we have not gone through the rest of them.”

Gaby, “Willie once you have dropped them all off can you return with your family & see if we can beach this ship.” Sharon had appeared with sheets of plywood. Between them the girls managed to close the hole in the ship. Gaby found no other survivors. Throwing a towrope to Gaby Sharon's boat took the cruise liner in tow. They decided the best place to take it was the Shipyards at Teeside. The Liner was pushed in to a dry-dock at Teeside & then all the water was removed. Water drained out of the ship. Eventually she was dry enough for a full inspection to be made.

Gaby claimed the liner as salvage. The insurance companies came to see what had actually happened.

After inspecting the hole it was decided that an explosion had caused it. A team from the MOD came to inspect the ship & decided that the ship had been deliberately targeted when they found two unexploded limpet mines on the side of the ship.”

The explosive expert “Had all the mines gone off there would have been no survivors.”

The police were called & they had to check all the passengers on the ship. Back at the Sealife centre Lyris & Gaby 2 where dealing with the children. Sharon took the injured woman to the first aid post. She though decided to wait until Gaby arrived before calling for an ambulance.”

Lyris,” I have asked for some dry clothes for you all but first you will need a shower.”

One of the children, “Mummy is going to be OK.”
Lyris, “I do not know.”

“Mummy said if anything ever happened to her we were all to stay together and not be split up.”

Little Lily & Rose arrived with the clothing. Then Robyn & Ariel. “The children all clamoured around Robyn, “Mummy you are OK.”

Ariel looked at Robyn, “Not again.”

Robyn, “Mummy banged her head & forgot all your names.”

One of the girls, “Mummy you are silly but we will play your game.”

Ariel, “I am giving you all badges with your names on so we can remember who is who.”

“Mummy does this mean we are not going away now.” Robyn looked at the girl”

“No I promise you will all be looked after.”

Gaby did a double take when she saw the woman, “She is identical to Robyn.” They stripped her off & immersed her in the sea water. “No doubt about her now.”

Robyn “Is she going to be OK. Oh my she could be my identical twin no wonder the children called me mummy.”

One of the little girls came in. “Mummy the babies are crying.” Robyn took her hand.”

Gaby, “Robyn until she recovers you are going to have to play mummy.”

One of the little girls “Mummy are you OK MUM? You are feeding the babies.”

Robyn, “Yes well they need feeding.”

“But mummy you where using formula because you could not produce milk.”

Robyn, “That bang must have done something because I am making plenty now.”

Lyris listened to the children. “Mummy looks the same but she smells different & is feeding the children now. It must be the accident that has caused it. Well mummy is not sad like she was. I would like to stay here. I do not suppose we will ever get chance to ride a whale again.”

“Mummy had to get us all away because that man would have hurt us all he called us freaks. I saw him on the boat looking for us. I am going to draw a picture of him.”

Gaby came in to see if the girls where ok. Now mummy is better we are fine. Are you freaks like us?”

Gaby, “None of you are freaks & you are all very pretty.”

“That man wanted to hurt us & the other people.” The girl told Gaby what she had seen. Gaby compared the girl’s picture to those taken of all the passengers on the ship.” She brought up his passport picture on the laptop. “That is the man he tried to hurt us at school & then on the ship.”

Gaby sent an immediate message to Special Branch. Within minutes of her message the police swooped on a house in London & found plenty of explosive. There was enough material to link the man to several terrorist groups. He admitted he was responsible for this & several other attacks.

One of the special branch officers, “Most of what he says makes sense. But this is crackers, “I was going to abduct & train mermaids to attack shipping. The best place for this one is Brookmoor. At least No mermaids could get him there he is terrified they will come for him after he tried to kill them. Perhaps the King of the Sea will seek him out & destroy him.” The special branch officers went away laughing as the van collected the man to take him to the mental institution.

Back at the centre Robyn had lined up all the girls, “We are all going to a birthday party for Gaby2. I have presents for you all to give.”

“Great mum we all like birthday parties.”
Neptune noticed Robyn with rather a lot of strange girls who appeared to be calling her Mum. “These are not my sister's children are they?”

Gaby, “Until their mother recovers we will not be sure but she looks like an identical copy of Robyn that is why the children are calling her mum.”

Neptune, “Tell Robyn to tell the children to call me granddad.”

Robyn came up “Father I would like to introduce the children.”

One of the little girls, “We did not realise we had a grandfather.”

Galadriel came up, “I am your grandmother.”

“Grandpa you do not think we are freak do you like the man who tried to hurt us.” Neptune roared.

Gaby, “It is all taken care of he is in jail now.”

Neptune smiled at this news, “In that case we better get on with the party but first. All my grand daughters are to get presents off me.”

Neptune gave them all Necklaces, “Now you are the same as my other granddaughters & daughters.”

Oberon, “I thought I knew your daughters niece & I have not given any of these a present.”

Oberon noticed Galadriel close by, “I appear to have over looked my great nieces. Do you mind Introducing them to me?”

Oberon placed a bracelet on each of them” Galadriel said, “One is injured but she should recover eventually.”

Oberon, “Place this on her & see if a bit of fairy magic will help.”

Zelda, “Sister I think I know who she is.”

Galadriel, “We all know she is Robyn twin.” Gaby has decided to let her recover naturally although Lyris & the team may be sent to help. In the mean time the children are having Robyn look after them.

Back in Broad moor the man was given an interior cell. He kept saying, “They will come for me now.” He fell asleep. Whilst he was asleep the water from the toilet started to fill up the room. Eventually the room was full of water. After an hour the water went down. In the morning when the Guards went to check on him the man was dead in bed. “He appears to have drowned.” It was eventually put down he had died of viral pneumonia. Robyn kept going to check up on her sister.

Robyn placed the bracelet & necklace on her. “I promise you sister I will treat your children as my own. I wonder if I can link to you like Gaby can with her sisters.”

Lucy, “Robyn you are doing it wrong.”

Robyn, “Well can you help?”

“Just lay down at the side of her. Forget the children as they are been well cared for. Think of your sister.”

Robyn, “There is a closed door.”

Lucy, “The key is under the mat.”

Robyn, “ I am in there are a lot of rooms.”

Lucy, “Go into each room & switch the light on & have a good look round. You need to explore each and every room in the house.” Meanwhile the children had noticed their mother was missing.

Gaby, “She has gone to visit her sister who is very ill.”

“Mummy is good at looking after ill people.”

Gaby2 came up, “Thank you for the presents. I was upset because I thought Granny had forgotten to arrange my party.”

One of Robin’s new daughters, “Can I have a party just like this. I like Grandpa but I wish he would shave his beard it tickles.”

Linda, “I often also wish he would cut it off.”

Gaby 2 , “Will you all dance with us.”

One of the girls, “I have just thought of something. We lost all our clothing on the boat.”

Gaby & Gaby2, “Well we could take you & your mummy shopping for new clothes tomorrow. I am sure Lyris & Maddy will come also.”

“Why do you have Gaby 2 on your badge?”

We both are called Gaby Lynn so to differentiate she gets Gaby2. “I understand now, Ariel & Kliner Ariel, Lily & Little Lily, Rose & Little Rose, Lorelei & Kleiner Lorelei.

“So we have Mummy & Mummy2. “I prefer Mummy2.” Mummy 1 is the injured sister of mummy 2?

Gaby thought for a moment, “Yes do you want to see them both.”

“No mummy 1 & 2 can come shopping with us in the morning.” The girls went to play with Lyris.

The Two Gaby's looked at each other. Gaby, “She understands better than I thought. The only difference is you call Grandma Frea Helen.”

Gaby, “We have another couple of Helen's so perhaps it would be better to call her Frea Helen.”

Helen, “Should I not have the choice, I have lots of places named after me. If you want to differentiate then call me Helen Frea. Gaby changed the name badge.

“Now to you two.”Empress Gaby Lynn & Princess Gaby Lynn would be more appropriate than Gaby 2. Also it stops any confusion.”

Gaby, “OK but nobody ever reads our badges.”

The following morning Both Gaby's found they were awakened by a group of girls bouncing on their beds & telling them to get up as it was time to go shopping.”

Gaby, “I need my breakfast before we go shopping.”

The other Gaby joined them, “Apparently they got you also.”
Sedona, “We have to go and wake Mummy 1 & 2.” She took hold of Lyris by the hand, “Empress & Princess you go for your Breakfast. We will bring the others.”

Lyris, “Empress we can find them both as I know where they went with Lucy. They eventually located Robyn & her sister. “Mummy two the babies need feeding.”

Robyn was busy talking to her sister when the children came in.”

“Mummy 1 said,

“Sedona you should know by now to knock.”

“Sorry mum but I have instructions from the Empress. Mummy & Mummy2 have to get up & come for breakfast. But not before dealing with the babies.”

Robyn, “Come on sister I will take you to the nursery & we can feed them together.”

Robyn, “No buts in future you do as you are told.”

Sedona, “Princess mummy do as Empress Mummy says.”

Robyn, “Sedona who told you to call me that?”

Sedona, “well Gaby 1 is Empress & Gaby 2 is Princess. So it makes sense Mummy 1 is Princess & Mummy 2 Empress.”

Robyn, “It might be better to call us Robyn & Roberta.”

Sedona, “OK Empress Mummy Robyn & Princess Mummy Roberta.”

Roberta, “You might as well give in sister because it will eventually fizzle out.”

Robyn talked to Roberta in the nursery, “You do realise you are my identical twin. Even the children are calling us mummy 1 & 2. “Father will eventually want to meet you as will uncle. For now though we have breakfast & then we go shopping.”

Roberta, “Everything we owned was on the ship.”

Robyn, “Do not worry about money. I have promised the children I will treat them to a new wardrobe.”

Roberta, “I cannot be letting you pay.”

Robyn, “Why ever not they are my nieces & I do not remember buying them gifts before.”

Lyris, “Princess Gaby said I could have some more clothing as all mine was destroyed.”

Robyn, “Lyris have you had your breakfast?”

“Not yet as Empress Gaby has promised to have waffles ready for me.”

Robyn, “In that case we will be with you soon as the waffles are the best you will ever taste.” Lyris & Sedona where the first to finish.

Roberta, “You where right these are fantastic. I could eat a couple more. I could live with you forever if you make waffles like this. They were always my favourite meal.”

Robyn. ` “Gaby It look like we will have to find room for a few more.”

Gaby, “It is a good job we extended this hotel into the Red Lea as we need the extra space.”

Roberta, “As you appear to be my double do you have the same affliction as me & the girls. I only have to look at a boy & my tummy starts Swelling & out pop another girl or two. I dare not let them go swimming because of what happens.”

Robyn, “You are my twin sister in every way. As for your daughters they have been taken care of by their aunts & cousins.”

“My daughter referred to you as Empress Gaby & to the other girl as Princess Gaby.”

Robyn “Your daughter is correct although we tend to call Empress Gaby Gaby, & Princess Gaby Gaby2.”

“I am going to have to find a job to repay you for looking after the children & me. That is once after I find a new home for us all.”

Gaby, “Accommodation has already been found for you. There also is a job that goes with the accommodation & all meals & clothing. There is a drawback that you only get a very small wage. I almost forgot there are Also all education & medical expenses. You also receive a company cash card for expenses.”

Roberta, “How could I apply for the job?”

Robyn, “I did in your name & you have got it. You start in just over 7 week’s time when they have the new intake.”

Roberta, “I could do with finding where the ship went down & going to cabin 27 & try & retrieve some of our goods. I realise some will be damaged & will have to be thrown away but others should be OK with a good wash.”

Gaby, “Robyn have you not told her that the ship is in dry-dock awaiting repair. We have everything you owned but to be honest most of it has seen better days.”

Robyn, “We were going to throw it all away as sea damaged. But Lyris persuaded us to keep it until you came round.”

“If my new job includes a clothing allowance. Do you think I would be allowed an advance on it for myself & the children?”

Gaby, “I am sure, as your bosses know you lost everything on the ship.”

Darcie, “I have submitted a claim on your & the children's behalf to the insurance company.”

Gaby, “Darcie is quite adept at putting claims like this in.”

Roberta, “I still have no money.”

Gaby handed her a card, “All you need to do is sign it.” You can draw up to £300 at a time. I would recommend you draw that & then use the card to get all you and the girls need.”

“Robyn do I need any special clothing for my new job?”

Gaby, “I do not know what has come over you. Ever since your twin arrived you have been lost for words.”

Robyn, “I have a list of all you will need & what the girls need. Sorry I forgot that as well they all get a small allowance for Ice-cream & cola.”

Roberta looked at the list, “It is massive none of us ever had so much before.”

Gaby looked, “That is only the basic list of essential clothing. There is also the more specialised list of items you will need.”

Sedona vanished & returned dressed in green along with several other girls. One of the girls held her hand out & curtsied, “Good morning Aunt. We thought we had better put our cousins into their uniforms to go shopping.”

Robyn, “The girls have to wear uniform while at school. They still like to all dress alike out of school.”

Sedona, “Mum do you like this dress? My cousins are all coming shopping with us to help carry the clothing we need.”

Lyris, “When we have collected some we can take it to the Grand & leave it there for collection later.”

Princess Gaby, “I presume Lyris you would also like the same as yesterday.”

“I did not get the dancewear & apparently I need it.”

Robyn,” Roberta that is something that is essential for you all.”

Lyris, “If it is essential then mum had better come as well because she has not got any either & neither have my cousins.”

Gaby, “I know we could all go to our shop but there is a dancewear shop on Aberdeen Walk. I suggest we start there.” They walked out of the hotel & across the Valley Bridge to the main shopping area. “They found the shop was double fronted.”We have rather a large order & it has all to go on the same account.”

The young shop assistant went & called an older woman. The older lady came outside, “Can all the children line up in size order. I will start with the smallest first.” Eventually each girl had Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Disco, and Modern & National dance wear.

Gaby, “There are a couple of adults who also need fitting out as they both also need points.”

Robyn whispered do not worry you will do it fine like me.”

Lyris, “Do I get points as well.”

Anna, “Lyris you should soon be going on to them so it may be best if you are also fitted.”

The older lady, “I have just realised who you are. I saw you dance in Moscow & the younger one was on Ice in Blackpool. It is an honour to fit the children of a Great Russian ballerina like you.”

Anna, “We have changed the name these days From the Russian ballet & Northern Ballet. It is The Gaby Lynn & Northern Dance & Ballet Company.”

The old Lady pulled out a digital camera, “Do you mind if I have my photo taken with you all?” The shop assistant took the photos.

Lyris, “I will take some of you also. A few seconds later the old lady was back with printed copies. Gaby & the girls signed them & they were displayed on the wall of the shop.” Then the old lady measured, Roberta, Lyris & the other adults where all measured.

Nichola, “Ellenmarie your turn now.”

Robyn, “I will take these children on to New Look to get some more stuff & then we will take it all to the Grand Hotel.

Helen, “It will not take the girls long before they have got what they want from New Look.”

They were all sat down at the Grand drinking milkshakes when the others arrived. Ellenmarie, “Are you sure I need all this just for a dance class.”

Lyris laughed, “By the time you have been at the classes for two week you will have collected far more than these.”

Sharon, “Would you ladies also like milkshakes?”

Ellenmarie, “Well I would like a Mint chocolate milkshake.”

Helen, “Sharon I would like a Chocolate milkshake with Rum & Sultana Ice-cream.” Eventually everyone had finished their drinks.

The girls all wanted to show what they had bought at New Look. Then the group set of shopping again. Lyris led them to Boyce’s department store & then they went into T K Max after that they went to Marks & Spencer’s. Then they all went to Binns department store.

Lyris, “Gaby yesterday I went to the Sunflower cafe.”

Gaby, “I have already called them to book us all in.” After leaving the latest lot of goods at the Grand Hotel they made their way to the Sunflower Cafe.

Gaby got talking to the wife, “We are from Leeds. We have just bought a small hotel on North Marine drive. It is called the Regal & we are doing B& B so if you ever need a room give us a ring.”

Gaby, “What are your charges?”

The woman reeled them off, “We also do room only.”

Gaby, “How are you doing at the moment?”

The woman, “Currently we are empty as we have only just taken over.” We were going to go & put an advert on the Internet but we have not got round to it as we unsure how to go about advertising.”

Gaby, “How many room & beds do you have?”

The woman thought for a moment, “We have four rooms that take four & three rooms that would take three. So we can take 25 but so far we have no customers.”

Gaby, “Could you take 25 from tonight until a week on Saturday on Room only basis.”

The Woman, “You are kidding me.”

Gaby, “I am perfectly serious. We have a slight overcrowding problem at our place following an accident at another hotel. Meals will not be needed but the room will be required for at least a week possibly longer.”

She called her husband, “We do not do DHSS or similar.”

Gaby, “There was an accident at the Empress Gardens Hotel & we need to find temporary accommodation for some of the staff.”

The husband, “Whom do we bill it to?”

Gaby, “Just put it on the bill with this & you can have payment now.

The Husband, “Will we be required for longer or just over a week.”

Gaby, “It depends how quickly the builder can carry the repairs out.”

Lyris, “Mum & I where guests there & we have been moved to The Crown Imperial.”

The wife said something.

The husband, “The Grand Group. You can do with our help.”

Gaby, “The Crown Imperial is full of family as each year we have at least eight weeks holiday here. The other guests & some of the staff have been transferred to the Grand but we still need to find somewhere for 25 members of the staff.”

“Two mini buses will collect them from the Crown Imperial & bring them back to your hotel. I do not anticipate problems but should there be any at all notify me immediately. I do not want to have to move the staff again until all the structural repairs have been carried out. They will be employed at the Crown Imperial until their hotel is ready. I anticipate that the repairs could take 8 to 9 weeks.”

The Husband, “Would you like to book us now or will you wait until the next weekend.”

Gaby, “If you are available then I will book you for August, September & October. Also if you are interested we know of a company that can help you with your Internet advertising for next year.”

The husband, “How much will that cost us?”

Gaby, “I am sure we can work something out for helping us out.”

After they had left the Husband said, “At least we are now full for the next 3 months & we have been paid in advance.”

The wife, “That “Gaby appeared nice but she fair bossed the others around.”

The husband, “I have seen her photo somewhere. I was reading this month’s Hotel & Catering magazine.” They both looked & there was an article on the recent acquisition of the Grand group.” Dame Gaby Lynn the well-known prima ballerina has recently expanded into other interests. Along with her consortium she has acquired the entire Grand group & parent company Rank industries.

The wife, “Look at her partners those are some of the girls who where in here with her.”

The husband, “No wonder she said she could help us with our web site. There is a list of her associate companies.”

The husband, “Every one of those companies is headed by one of her relatives. I wonder if the same is true here with the hotels.”

Just then a young woman came in & held her hand out. “I am Sharon & Gaby asked me to call down.”

The wife held her hand out, “I am Suzette & this is my husband Ralph & our daughters Emily & Amelia.”

Sharon, “I have to check all the rooms have what we require for the staff.” When Sharon & Suzette got to the hotel a wagon was waiting outside.”

Sharon, “Good they have arrived. Suzette we will replace all your furniture in the seven rooms & put it storage until we leave.”

up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos