A Love So Bold - Chapter 43 - 46

Printer-friendly version

LoveSoBold_0.jpgA Love So Bold
by Anon Allsop

The story continues - Hope you enjoy!

-Forty Three-

Pulling off his boots, he set them aside and then removed his pants so he was only clad in his drawers and long shirt. Hannah had removed her dress and sat in the chemise running a brush through her long hair. Gideon stretched out and watched her profile, illuminated by the soft glow from their campfire. She returned his gaze and smiled, feeling great thankfulness for his love.

He rose himself up on an elbow, enjoying the view she offered. There was a slight shadow that her form cast against her chemise; it allowed him a glimpse of her breasts as they swayed with the motion of the brush. He could already feel the telltale swelling produced from viewing such loveliness which had captivated him.

He sat up and scooted closer to her, his hand lightly slid down her slender arm and gently removed the brush from her petite hand. "Here, let me do that for you."

She was somewhat surprised but kept it to herself, then gradually turned and allowed him to brush her long flaming red hair. The act was sensual, each slight pull would lift her chin, and each time it raised, he was there to kiss her soft lips.

Her head fell against his shoulder, as she leaned into him with her back into his chest. Gideon's arms enveloped her, and hot kisses fell upon her face and slender neck. She gently removed the brush from his hand and set it down.

She slowly pushed his hands down to her generous breasts, falling backward into his chest with unbridled passion. Slowly, he began to caress her nipples through the fabric of her chemise, the contact gaining pressure as he became more excited.

She quickly lifted the cloth chemise over her head, Gideon eagerly assisted as he realized what she was doing. Continuing his deep massage of her perfect breasts, she fell against him gasping with pleasure. Gradually her gasps increased when she realized that one of his hands was dangerously close to her maidenhead.

She was able to separate from his lustful attack long enough to turn and face him, her legs straddling his hips and extending beyond. Hot passionate kisses eagerly fell against him; their hunger for one another was feeding the frenzy of their desire.

His large hands gently held the sides of her face, their fervor of desire fueling their racing hearts. Her hand moved aside his drawers, freeing the imprisoned organ she desperately needed, engorged with the blood that held it so ridged. She lifted herself ever so slightly, allowing his trapped flesh a chance to spring free.

As his penis rose against her wet gate, she rolled her shapely hips only slightly, and the movement allowed him to penetrate her. Her legs bent at the knee so they were parallel to his. Hannah's mouth opened slightly, a gasp caught within her lovely throat. Slowly she sank down onto his erection, her body fell into his.

He began to cover her face and shoulders with his kisses, the lust he had for this woman was driving him insane with desire. His hands snaked to her shoulders where he put pressure in a downward pull that forced her even more onto him.

"Oh my God! Make love to me now!" she whispered breathlessly. Her hips began a movement that had it been set to music, would have been akin to an ancient composer's opus.

Again and again he forced himself up and into her, and simultaneously she lifted herself up on her knees and then fell back into his upward thrust. This new angle allowed Gideon maximum penetration and it was all he could do to keep from spilling forth his seed.

Hannah pulled his face close to hers; she began to kiss his cheek until she stopped near his ear. Her hot kisses fell softly; the act only seemed to propel him closer to the brink. It was when she began to make those soft little sounds that a woman does when she is close that seemed to push him ever closer. Again she gasped as the little lightning bolts raced throughout her body.

As she began to tonguing deep into his ear, he could no longer prevent his own orgasm. At that moment, he felt the pressure building within him, creating an avenue for his seed to be jetted directly into her womb; she threw her head back and exhaled like the steam from a locomotive.

Hannah's body shook convulsively as the tidal surge swept through her frame; deep within her she felt the throb of her lover as his seed began its journey. Gideon fell into the blanket; Hannah was pulled on top of him.

"That was wonderful!" she whispered contentedly, still panting from the exertion.

"It was beautiful." he sighed, still kissing her deeply. "I don't want it to end."

She lay on his chest, her breasts against his, their warmth creating a longing desire in her to get him to continue. He stroked her back lightly, and then tenderly caressed her tapered waist and bottom. "If I would die today, I would die a happy woman," she said sighing.

"I lost you once; I don't ever want to relive that again," he whispered, kissing her soft lips tenderly.

"I think it was my destiny to become Hannah. Without that accident with the amulet, I don't think I ever would have found the love I'm feeling right now."

He sighed contentedly, relishing the feeling of her naked body against his, yet reluctant to end what they had started. Looking up toward her heavenly face, he lightly ran his fingers through her crimson tresses, as his hand came near she kissed it.

He frowned slightly, "I don't want this to end, but with morning coming so soon... we should probably be getting some sleep." His palm caressed her exposed bottom, her smooth and supple skin nearly made him try to assail her body once again.

Reluctantly, she slid off, lying lie beside him, using his chest as her pillow; her lithe leg lay over his, her silky knee directly against his penis. She closed her beautiful emerald eyes.

He smiled as he drew the light blanket over them both, and then lowered his head to kiss her. He lay long into the night watching her as her long auburn lashes fluttered with the onset of slumber. The more he watched, the greater his erection became, but she was asleep now, and he needed to be as well.

She twitched once, and he knew that she had fallen into a deep dreamlike state. Gradually he smiled and closed his eyes, allowing the welcoming sleep to overtake him, honored and grateful was he, of the gloriously wonderful woman lying beside him.

-Forty Four-

By noon the next day the small train had put Fort Bridger far behind them, and the Indian they had hired showed them a safe ford across the Green River. Hannah was again walking along the trail, leading Blackie with Cade mounted on his back.

Two of the Bloom children were walking to the right of the big horse, and Arden was next to Hannah. “You seem to be in a good mood,” she observed, smiling.

“I’m alive, it’s a beautiful day and my family’s healthy.”

“No, I think there is more to it than just that,” she teased her friend.

“Why should you say that? I’ve given up long ago, about fretting over this trail to Oregon.”

“Oh, I see.” Arden laughed, “From what I was hearing last night, it sounded like you were doing pretty well for yourself.”

Hannah quickly looked toward Arden, “What did you hear?”

The tall woman laughed, “You’re secret is safe with me… and Charles.”

“Oh my God!” Hannah squealed. “He heard too?”

“You would have had to be dead to not have heard,” she replied with a snicker. “At least you were enjoying some aspect of this journey.”

Hannah looked at the ground, her face growing red with embarrassment, “I could just die…”

They walked quietly for several minutes, and then Arden broke their silence. “I wanted you to be the first to know…” A slow smile crossed her face.

Hannah sighed, “Know what?” She was fearful of any new news that Arden would divulge which could embarrass her.

“While I can’t be a hundred percent certain, I believe I just may be pregnant.” Her face beamed at the news, but she hesitated to await Hannah’s reaction.

Hannah stopped and threw her arms around Arden, hugging her greatly. “Are you sure? How do you know?”

“I missed my monthly cycle… again.” Arden grinned, “I think I may be two, maybe three months along.”

As they were celebrating, Blackie waited patiently for her to begin walking again. Finally Cade broke their spirited discussion, “Pa is passing us, Ma!”

Hannah turned and nodded, then began to walk again. This time her spirits were overjoyed for her friend… deep down thanking the lucky stars for the amulet that made it all possible.

Arden grasped Hanna’s hand, causing them both to laugh like giddy little school girls with a secret. “Have you told Charles yet?”

“We talked about it this morning. Oh Hannah, I’ve never seen a man happier than he was when I told him!” She pushed her bonnet off her head and smiled, “Don’t say anything to the young-uns just yet. We plan on telling them tonight.”

They exchanged laughter, Hannah was so happy for her friend that she could scarcely contain her joy. “I wanted to say something earlier, but with all my problems after getting kicked, I had all but given up hope.” Arden looked toward Hannah as they walked, then squeezed her hand, “Then when I had missed my first cycle, I just thought it was more of the same…I ain’t never missed two though.”

“I am so happy for you, Arden! I pray that you will be blessed with a healthy baby.”

Arden giggled, “After all the carrying on you and Gideon did last night, I wouldn’t be surprised if you’ll be next.”

Hannah laughed, “I doubt if that will happen, while I’m still weaning Em.”

“You haven’t been nursing her steady-like for over a month. I’ve heard of crazier things happening.”

That comment opened a whole new doorway to Hannah, an opening she hadn’t really thought about passing through…just yet. Now though, Arden’s words began to sink into her mind. Should she be concerned or worried? She just wasn’t sure.

She knew that there could always be a chance she might find herself pregnant, but it seemed so far out of the realm of possibility that it never registered… but now, could it really happen…to her?

Once again Arden broke the silence, “How much further to Soda Springs? I was going to ask Charles this morning but with all the excitement, it just plain slipped my mind.”

Hannah welcomed the diversion, “Gideon said it would be around eight or nine days from Fort Bridger.” She licked her dry lips, her mind on the canteen in the wagon, but she fought through the want and continued. “He said Soda Springs has hot water bubbling right out of the ground, so warm you could bathe in it.”

“What makes it hot?” Arden wondered aloud.

“I asked Gideon the same question this morning; he said it was probably percolating from the fires of hell.” She frowned as she said it, “I’m pretty sure he was joking with me, though.”

Arden laughed, “When do you ever believe that rascal of yours? He’s such a kidder.”

They both began to giggle, “I guess I just accept it as part of the man I love. If he can find a way to pull my leg… he will. You know, I was thinking…” Hannah began, “If you think you are pregnant, when do you figure on the baby being here?”

Arden began to count on her fingers, “Well, it’s September now, so as best as I can figure, I got pregnant back in early August.”

“On your wedding night perhaps…?” Hannah said wistfully, “That’s so very romantic!”

“As best as I can figure it, I’ll be having a springtime baby.” Arden said, beaming.

“You had better live close to Gideon and me so we can help you build your cabin once we get to Oregon.” Hannah said thoughtfully, “I can be close to help you deliver if needing it.”

“Perhaps you’ll need me to help you deliver yours?” Arden laughed. “Now wouldn’t that be wonderful, a favor for a favor!”

Hannah forced a smile; she wasn’t sure she was ready just yet to have a child. Although with the way that Gideon and she had been making love recently, it wasn’t outside the realm of possibility. She inhaled through her nose and blew it out…this predicament could have just eradicated all the fun she had been having with Gideon. Now she had the possibilities of becoming pregnant to contend with…and frankly, that scared the hell out of her.

-Forty Five-

“Hey love, a penny for your thoughts?” Gideon whispered.

Hannah rolled onto her side and faced him. It was late and everyone was already in bed. “I’m just thinking.”

“About what? “You ain’t fretting over Arden already? Women have been having babies since Adam and Eve…she’ll be fine.”

“Well, that may have something to do with it. But she told me something today that…well, sort of scares me.”

“What, that they heard our escapades last night?” He laughed softly, “What’s wrong with a young and healthy couple exploring each other’s bodies?”

She shook her head slowly, “You’ll think differently about the time that Emma starts courting.”

“Well, that day is a long way off and frankly, I enjoy our little trysts during the night.” He smiled like a schoolboy, “In fact, how about helping me work out some kinks tonight?”

“Is that all you think about when you are alone in the wagon?” she teased.

He laughed, “Can you blame me? I look off to my right and see the prettiest woman I ever knew, her flaming red hair blowing in the breeze and what else could I possibly think?”

“You, my love, have too much time to think.” She giggled, “One of these times you’ll be thinking of me and drive the team right off a cliff!”

“I’d die a right happy man then.” He reached out and gently stroked the swell of her chemise, his thumb caressing her nipple; the action caused her to squirm. “How about you and I, practice on making a baby tonight?”

“Now I know you have been thinking way too much!” she replied.

He gently took her hand and placed it on his penis. Hannah smiled and gently closed her small hands around the erection; she slowly shook her head at him. “You are impossible.”

“How about you get naked with me?” he whispered.

She again shook her head, Arden’s words repeating over and over in her mind. “How about I just do this and you just lay back and enjoy it.” She slowly slid her hand along the skin on his penis, manipulating him by hand.

“Okay, well, that feels good but honestly, it ain’t the same.” He closed his eyes, enjoying what she was doing to him. “Since you’re preoccupied with me, how about me doing it to you?”

His hand fell between her legs; and began to caress her vagina. Hannah squirmed, her thighs clamped shut and she tried to twist her legs to prevent access. She gasped as his finger slipped into her slick opening; try as she might her cause was growing more and more hopeless.

They made love under the wagon once again, her husband showing her that it was useless to play hard to get, when her body was more than willing. She fell asleep in his arms, a contented smile still playing on her beautiful soft lips.

------

It was nearing dawn as she lay there listening to Gideon sleep, her green eyes watching the rise and fall of his thick chest. Hannah thought back to last evening and what had transpired between them.

She sighed contentedly - if it was to be her destiny to live this life of Hannah, she would gladly continue to succumb to his advances. She thought back to a saying of her mother’s, ‘Where he goest, I shall gladly follow.” Or some such saying…

She knew that it was a saying from the Holy Book, but the way her mother had inclined it to her own life, was that where ever Papa would go, she would go.

If it meant that she became pregnant from their actions, so be it. She would gladly bear a child for Gideon, a man she cared so deeply for. She sighed and looked down at the smoothness of her stomach, and then caressed it.

Her warm palm lay upon the coolness of her skin, her mind thought to the dream that she had with the original Hannah upon the knoll. Her heart skipped slightly, recalling the words she spoke…"My gift to you... my gift to you..."

“Oh shit…” she whispered.

-Forty Six-

Eight and a half days out of Fort Bridger they came upon a high portion of the trail. Down below them was what some called Soda Springs. From their vantage it looked more like bubbling mud, but some said that there were warm water pools around too, if a person had a mind to look.

Vaughn kept them to task, not wanting to linger anywhere because of the days they lost at their first crossing of the Green River. All Hannah could do was wish for that bath, she had so hoped they would rest for the night and all of them would have a chance to clean the dust from their bodies.

Long before the sun had risen on that day, they had voted to keep moving forward and only stop for fresh water or night. That meant that Soda Springs would not be a stopping point for them. So they continued onward mile after mile.

On their twelfth day out of Fort Bridger, tragedy struck one of the new families, which joined the train late. They had been gradually working stock and wagons alike down a very steep hill, using block and tackle to ease the wagons and animals to the bottom.

Hannah and Arden stood on the hill with the children; the stock which had already been transported to the valley floor looked like ants to them. The men were manning the ropes and the most daring of them were guiding the wagons to the bottom.

At one point, the rope they had been using snapped and the wagon being lowered, careened down the hill, completely out of control. The poor family who had been making their way to the bottom, when the wagon suddenly jumped oddly, veered and plowed through them. Bent and broken bodies were lying strewn across the steep terrain.

Within seconds, several of the men began to work their way down, Gideon and Charles included. Hannah stood with the back of her hand over her mouth; there was no time to shout a warning to that poor family, because it happened so suddenly. By the time they could pick their way to the spot where the family had been struck, four of the five had already passed.

It took nearly an hour and a half for Hannah, Arden and the children to get to the accident site, another hour to reach the bottom of the valley. So steep and precarious was the way down that they spent more time on their bottoms sliding, using their feet as a break. It was doubly dangerous for Hannah as she was carrying Emma.

At the place of the accident, Gideon took Emma and continued down into the valley, carrying her. When they reached the bottom, they stood in stunned silence as the four bodies lay side by side in a small row, cloths covering their faces. Already the brothers were digging holes for them.

Gideon approached Hannah, "Nobody had much of a chance to talk to them, and they kept to themselves." He put his arm around Hannah's shoulder and drew her in with a hug. "The only survivor was a small girl of about seven or eight; she busted her arm but seemed to miss the most of it."

"Oh my, Lord, that poor child!" she cried. Then looked up at him and whispered, "The amulet?"

He looked down at the bodies, "It's too late for them. They were already dead by the time we got to them." He looked down at the ground and whispered, "The girl's going to need to have it set...and you are going to have to do it."

"Have her taken to our wagon. Which one is ours?"

Gideon pointed her in the right direction and gently grasped her arm, pulling her to him. "I'm ashamed for thinking it, but so thankful that it wasn't you or the kids up there." She hugged him and began to turn away. "Hannah, it's still in the tin."

She smiled appreciatively and quickly headed to prepare what she needed to receive the injured child. Racing into the wagon she began to lay out the items and sat the strange blue stone amulet to the side out of harm’s way.

Outside the wagon she heard Gideon talking softly to the terrified little girl. His voice was calm and soothing. He opened the gate on the wagon and lifted the little girl up, "This is my wife, Hannah. She's going to fix your arm for you."

The girl said nothing; her gaze was off into the distance. "Here is her dolly, Hannah.”

"My, you are a pretty little girl. What's your name?" Hannah asked, trying to get the child drawn into saying something, but it was no use.

The stunned child never wavered in her gaze; she didn't even notice Hannah use the amulet, pressing the dolly into her. Watching the gradual transformation from bruised and battered skin, and then to slowly mending still amazed Hannah. As soon as she had the splints wrapped, she gently laid the child down and covered her.

"You go ahead and rest for awhile; I'll be just outside fixing some supper." She was still kneeling beside the girl, her hand caressing her face, pushing her strawberry blonde hair to one side. Sighing deeply, the young mother slowly backed her way outside of the wagon.

For nearly a week, as Hannah took care of the girl, who spoke not a single word. From the wreckage of the wagon, a few of the family’s items had been rescued. One such item was their bible; there scribed just inside the cover had been the date of birth and name of the injured girl. She was Rachel Suhrbier, born December 20, 1853.

The names on the little markers they made were all that remained of the small family, only the Bible gave some inkling of who they had been. The language written was foreign to them; most likely they had emigrated from Germany.

On that day they had pulled away from the graves of her parents, sister and brother... Rachel didn't even cry, she just watched their graves disappear into the distance. Hannah was sure that she didn't even realize what was happening. Yet, without being able to speak her language, she would have to teach her English so they could converse.

They continued on, always moving toward the distant blue horizon. Hannah had taken to riding inside the wagon with Rachel and Emma, seeing to their every need, but knowing that what the child truly needed was sadly buried back in the valley they had left almost a week ago.

One bright afternoon, with Gideon on the seat and Cade beside him, Hannah was seated on the floor of the wagon, holding Em. Using one of Emma's toys, her mother was making noises and tickling her on her face and neck with it.

Gradually Hannah came to realize that Rachel was watching Hannah and Emma play. The infant was squealing and laughing with each round that her mother did, and a slow smile crept across the young stranger’s face. From that point on, she seemed to be slowly coming out of her traumatic shell.

As the sun dipped lower toward the horizon, Cade climbed over the seat into the back. "Mama, can I ride Grandpa's horse?"

"You can, only if I hold onto the reins," she replied as she was changing Emma, "You know that you aren't big enough to ride him like papa or I could."

He sat quietly as she was fastening the cloth to her, and then gently eased her into a soft place to sleep since the box had become too small for her. Cade looked at Rachel, "Mama?"

"Yes Cade?"

"Could Rachel ride him with me?" He glanced toward her and smiled; the girl said nothing but did return his smile.

"She may be frightened sitting on such a tall horse." She sat back on her haunches and looked at the disappointment in his face, "See if Papa can stop. If he does, we can walk Blackie until we make camp for the evening. Let's just take it slow and easy since Rachel doesn't really understand what we are asking."

Every time Hannah or Cade used her name, she would glance up and smile. This convinced Hannah that she was beginning to understand some of what was being said, if only just her name.

After enough pleading with his father, Gideon pulled out of line and quickly put the bridle on Blackie. As Hannah had speculated, Rachel was a bit too timid to ride on the big black horse's back, but she consented to walk beside Hannah and hold her hand.

Hannah looked skyward, shielding her eyes in the bright morning sun. In her grasp she held Rachel's tiny hand, in the other she held onto the big black's lead. Slowly behind them on Blackie rode Cade.

Both females wore bonnets to shield them from the bright sun. Even for mid-September, the sun was very warm. Both had their hair pulled into a loose bun, practical and yet cool for this mode of travel.

Hannah had been taking the time to work with Rachel at every opportunity available, often pointing out as they walked, and saying the name of what she had been pointing toward. She was using their moments together as a teaching tool.

While shy, Rachel was indeed coming around and getting better with each passing day. Often, Hannah would gently give her hand a squeeze, but today she was rewarded with a slight squeeze in return.

Even with her arm in the pseudo splint, Rachel's spirits seemed to be up considering the tragedy that happened only two short weeks ago. The two looked at each other and smiled, as a trust seemed to be building between them.

All that long afternoon they walked over the terrain, not once did she complain. At times, Cade even walked along with them when he grew tired of riding.

That evening, Gideon had removed the wagon bench and Rachel was seated on it holding Emma. Hannah had been busying herself preparing supper and had only stepped away for a moment. When she returned, Rachel was standing, still holding Em but with a panicked look on her face. The look softened as Hannah returned around the corner. Hannah hugged Rachel and smiled, hopefully reassuring the girl that she had not been left alone.

Later that evening, after supper, Gideon pulled out his violin and began to play a soft song that was light and airy. The song had Rachel's attention right away, most likely one that she had heard from her parents.

A smile played on her face; she scooted closer to Hannah and Gideon to be nearer to the music. As he finished, Hannah caught her husband’s attention, "Do you suppose the song you just played might have been something that either her father or mother may have played for her?"

“Could be, she seems to recognize it some.” He picked up his bow and gave Hannah a wink, “Here’s something that my father would do. It was a game he played with us when we were young.”

Gideon played a happy little ditty that sounded like laughter, then smiled broadly at Rachel, moving his head as if he were the one laughing. Then he made an exaggerated frown, and played a sound that sounded much like crying. After a couple of times doing this, the girl automatically would make the face that matched the sound he was playing. Cade too got involved which left them all laughing; he would even try different combinations that sounded much like animals.

As late night rolled around, when all had been placed into bed, Hannah and Gideon sat near the fire talking. Gideon handed her a cup of the steaming coffee, and then took one for him, “She seemed to have enjoyed my playing tonight.” He pointed toward their wagon as he had spoken.

Hannah laughed, “Both of them really liked it.” She patted the seat next to her and Gideon sat down, leaning forward he stirred the embers in their fire. “You are a very good father.”

He smiled and placed his hand on her knee, “I think you make a pretty darn good mother yourself!” Hannah smiled at his compliment and encircled her arm through his and hugged him.

“What’s going to happen to her?” she asked as she stared into her coffee. “I’m not going to toss her aside when we come to the first big town.”

Gideon gradually looked up at her, the soft glow from their fire illuminating her beauty. “It’s funny you should mention that…” He looked back toward his cup as he took a sip, “I was figuring that as long as she wants us, we can be her ma and pa.”

“You mean that?” She searched his eyes, yet deep within her she knew he was speaking from his heart.

“I know you have grown fond of her. I’ve been figuring on this subject after the first couple of days.” He saw tears in her eyes and quietly drew her close to him, “I figure you and she has chewed some of the same earth, both losing your folks and all.”

She looked at him with her sparkling green eyes, “Thank you, Gideon.” She whispered into his chest, “I’ll make sure you never regret your decision!”

He chuckled softly, “I’ll not regret it, Hannah.” He kissed the top of her head, and then slowly drew his fingers through her long hair. “You are a damn good mother, and that young girl needs a damn good mother.”

He smiled at her as he held her cheek in his large hand, thumbing away a tear as it raced toward her chin. “This country will need strong women to help build it, and I can’t think of any other woman who has had to put up with as much as you.” He nodded his head toward their wagon, “She’s going to need a strong woman to show her how to survive.”

He took her cup from her hands and tossed the contents onto the ground, following it with the contents of his. “It’s getting late. Come on, honey, let’s head off to bed.”

To be continued...
up
147 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Still

Dahlia's picture

As always, still a great story. Thanks for your effort.

Dahlia

Agree with Dahlia

Christina H's picture

Thank you so much for your efforts this is a wonderful story.

Christina

I can't

help but agree the the two comments above. It is an endearing tale for sure.

Thank for the effort too in sharing this wonderful tale.

Joanna

This was a really lovely

This was a really lovely chapter, even with the tragedy that occurred with Rachel's family. I can see her learning English while walking with Hannah and most likely from her being around Cade as well because he is still learning himself. She will become real member of this wonderful little family as time goes by.

beautiful

Gideon keeps showing how amazing he is as a person. It is a crying shame that the original Hannah didn't appreciate him the way the current Hannah does.

Hannah has a maturity that is beyond her years, to do what she is doing for Rachel to me is the point of no return. She has a daughter now that needs her and she can't leave her with Gideon. Even if she doesn't get pregnant she has someone whom only she could truly understand what she is feeling. If this is the gift that Hannah was leaving her it was a fitting gift, if not then Hannah could be blessed twofold now.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Lots of orphans on the fronteer

There are grave yards and unmarked graves all along the pioneer trails. One train that I know about suffered a 10% loss due to weather, illness accidents.

Gwen