Drew & the Half Term Break Chapter 23

Printer-friendly version

Drew & the Half Term Break
by Sharp
A Gabyverse fanfiction
Chapter 23 Milan again.

Ellen, “Gaby in that case can we all go to Milan for a change.”

Nicole, “Actually that would be a great idea as there is a fashion show starting tomorrow.”

Sarah, “Will they need models.”

Nicole, “I doubt it but I know a late entry designer who might.”

Gaby, “Nicole are we bailing you out yet again”.

Nicole, “It is not me this time but I did promise Miriam & Myra that I would find models for them.”

Gaby, “It looks if you have the whole team to help out.”

Nicole, “If you wish I could also put in all my designs.”

Little Lily, “If all of us are going to be your models then we can afford to show the total collection including those that have been adapted.”

The following day they were all up early & had breakfast & then they all travelled by Sceptre to Milan. Buyers from around the world where in Milan to see the show. One thing that amassed them was the similarity of all of Nicole's models. Orders started to flow in. Eventually they got to the swimwear section.

Mary, “Can we take the sled, surfboard & detector on stage with the costumes?”

Nicole used a mermaid theme. All her designs went down a treat. A buyer wanting to know where she obtained the sled from & the underwater equipment approached her.

Nicole, “They are made by one of my associate companies.”

The man, “Will you ask the directors to contact me at this address as I would like to place a rather large order.”
Darcie rang the number given to Nicole and asked. “Could the gentleman come to the Royal Savoy Hotel for a meeting?” The man brought with him a team comprising of ladies.

He, “These are all my daughters & they wish me to get them your latest swimwear designs. They also like the underwater gear & would like to test some out.”

Gaby, “How about testing it out in Lake Majorie at Bavano.”

The girl’s eyes lit up. One said, “Papa can we?”

The father, “Can you get then one of everything for the morning?” He started to get out his chequebook.

Gaby, “Put that away until they have tested them all out.” That night they all relaxed in the hotel. Some of the girls returned to invite Gaby & friends to a party.

Gaby, “We will all come.”

The girls, “We thought you would have known about it as it is for all the models & they should be in special designs.”

Gaby, “In that case we had better get dressed up. Gaby went into another room & returned a second or two later. The girls looked at her & said, “That was a fast change,”

Maddy, “In this business you have to be able to do very fast changes.” The girls noticed the others had similar dresses to Gaby but in different colours.

The girls fingered the material & one said, “By any chance have you any dresses that are similar to yours in Green or Blue.”

Nicole, “We just happen to have 24 dresses in Azure.”

“Please can we try them on?”

Gaby, “Take your sisters in there & you will find everything you need.”
The 24 sisters all went into the room & found the complete outfit. They eagerly changed & some of the others helped them with their hair & makeup.

The youngest, “Papa is going to go absolutely crackers when he finds out we have got these outfits also.”

The eldest, “Do you mind if we call you Queen Gaby?” The way you are dressed you could be a queen & your retinue or companions.”

The youngest, “Can we be your companions also?”

Darcie, “You can for tonight & tomorrow.”

Only Gaby was in White & Gold. The others where in different shades & colours. Ariel whispered to Gaby, “When did I acquire another 24 sisters.”

Gaby, “It is the Italian girls who want to buy all the swimwear & underwater Equipment.”

The dance went down a treat & one of the other designers complemented Nicole on her designs, “Nicole you ought to shown these on the final day.”

Gaby turned to the 24 girls. “How would you like to keep the dresses they all had on. All they had to do was walk in the stage with the rest of them on the Saturday.”

The youngest without hesitation, “We will do it if we get to keep the dresses.” The following morning they all met in Bavano.

Gaby, “Maddy I remember the last time we were here & we ordered a Cumbo Jumbo.”

Maddy, “Lets order one for each of us.”

They were all tucking in to Cumbo jumbos ice creams when the father arrived with his daughters.

He, “I must insist that I pay you for the dresses.”

Gaby, “Let the girls test the equipment first.”

The girls took off in the water. A short while later they got out of the water, “These are great can we have them papa.”

Gaby, “Marcus I want to make a wager with you. The wager is that your daughters select 24 of my companions to race against.”

“They swim the length of the lake & back against your daughters. If your daughters win you get to pay me, if my companions win then the girls get it all free. If it is a draw then we split the cost. And so there is no misunderstanding this is the total cost of everything.”

Marcus, “I cannot resist this challenge although you will lose the dresses. Each of the girls chose somebody to swim against.

Gaby. “Darcie has gone to the far end of the lake to see that they all reach it safely & we will wait here.”

Marcus asked the local policeman to set the girls off. They were off & what a race it was the girls were very fast.

Marcus, “My daughters are very special, as was their late mother. I may be normal but they are far from normal. I call them my water nymphs they are very fast. Their mother was a water nymph also. She was in her element in a lake or in the sea.”

Gaby, “By the sound of it your wife is dead.”

Marcus . “Yes. She is interred near here. It is only a short distance to the memorial. I will show you as we can walk there while the girls are swimming.”

Gaby, “How did she die?”

Marcus, “She was found in the street & the doctors said she was dead. They wanted to remove her organs but I refused them that & she is as she was interred.”

He led Gaby to the graveyard & pointed to the largest structure. “This is where she is laid. There is space for me & all my daughters. My parents are already in the tomb.”

Gaby, “It is a pity I could not have seen her was she as pretty as your daughters?”

Marcus,” I should not do this but I have a key that will open the tomb. The tray will slide out & you will be able to see how beautiful she was. I often wish that she was still by my side.”

Marcus opened the tomb & the body was perfectly preserved. A bolt of electricity passed from Gaby to the body. The eyes flickered & opened.

The body, “Marcus I seem to have had a very long sleep.”

Marcus knelt down & kissed the earth. “Mother Mary thank you. Thank you for restoring my wife to me.” Marcus turned to Gaby. “If it was not for you my wife would have laid in there until judgement day. Regardless of the outcome of the race I will pay for all the outfits.” Cleo kissed her husband & he closed the drawer & tomb.

Gaby, “Marcus will you excuse me a moment while I get Cleo something more suitable.” Gaby led her to a room in the hotel.

Cleo, “Mistress Marcus may not realise who you are but I certainly do.”

Gaby, “Let him think the doctor's made a mistake. I have a request to make you are not to kiss anybody on their lips. You may on the side of the face.”

Cleo, “I cannot call you Empress in front of Marcus so what do I call you.”

Gaby, “My friends call me Gaby.”

Cleo, “in that case I will call you Gaby.”

Gaby, “Marcus called you his sea Nymph.”

Cleo giggled, “He saw me in the Rhine & pulled me on to his boat. I had to say I fell in because he would have never believed who I am.”

Gaby, “I think your family would like to know you are safe. At least three of your sisters are racing your daughters & I think your mother & aunts are the other swimmers. You better have this.”

Cleo smiled, “This is suitable for Neptune's daughter.”

Gaby, “Now you can give me a proper kiss. The race is going to be interesting, with, Ariel, Lorelei, Robyn, Lindi, Linda, Pegi & the others swimming. We had better get you ready the quick way.” She waved her arm & Cleo was dressed & her hair & nails where all done.

“Gaby thank you for that.”

Gaby, “I think we had better be getting back to Marcus.”

Marcus, “They are just returning.” There was nothing in it. They all started shouting to encourage the others.

The policeman, who had started them off, “I declare it is a dead heat.”

The youngest came running up, “Papa, You have to pay half the cost.”

Ariel took her by her arm. “I think your father will have nothing to pay. I will insist on it.”

The girl looked at the female at the side of Gaby & looked at Ariel & then looked again. Then she looked at those she had been swimming against. She threw herself against Cleo, “Mum is that really you?”

Cleo, “Baby I missed you.”

“Mum they told me you where dead.”

Cleo, “I would have been if your dad had not shown Gaby my tomb & heard me move. He decided to investigate & found me alive.”

“Mum are you going to join us on the stage for the final night? Gaby is the queen & we are the attendants.”

Cleo, “I would love to be one of the attendants of the Queen or is it Empress.”

“Mum at least one of the girls we swam against looks like you & there are several others that look similar.”

Cleo, “Endora & all your sisters meet Ariel & Lorelei my sisters. Also Lindi your grandmother.”

Endora, “Are really my aunt?”

Ariel, “Yes. These are also my sisters & the others my mum & aunts.”

Endora started to laugh. “Dad thought we would win easy. We had to work hard to draw.”

Ariel, “We could have gone faster but we intended to draw when we realised who you where.”

Endora, “How could you know? We never said our names to you.”

Lily, “From you putting on the dresses we all knew all there was to know about you. Even down to how your mother was found & where she was interred. I can tell you how & where your parents met & married.”

Endora,” If all those we chose to swim against us are all family. What about the rest of your group?”

Ariel, “All here are related.” Some are your grandfather’s sisters & his nieces.”

Endora, “Gaby what is she to me?”

Ariel, “Well I suppose she is your mum's cousin.”

Endora, “Aunt Ariel I have noticed you & the others treat Cousin Gaby differently. Look over there now. The others almost surround her as if they were true guards & not make believe like the dance.”

Ariel. “The dance was not make believe. It was real.”

Endora, “It is strange that dad & Gaby just happened to go to the tomb.”

Ariel, “I will race you to that island. The last back buys a combo jumbo.”

Endora, “Aunt you are on.”

As they dived in the water Ariel said, “Endora come here now. Hold on to me & lift your legs out of the water.” Endora looked puzzled as a blue-green tail came out of the water.

Ariel, “That is why you are so good in the water like your mother & I.”

Endora, “Mermaids are the stuff of myths & Legends.”

Ariel, “So I am a myth then. The same happens to all your sisters & I think your father will be suggesting that you come for an extended vacation with your mother & sisters. “

Endora, “But papa loves us all.”

When they got back Marcus said, “Gaby refused to let me pay so I am taking you all to my favourite restaurant on the top of Monte Rosa as a thank you.”

Maddy, “The last time we were up there I had a snowball fight.” They took the cable car to the top of the mountain. The meal was in the revolving restaurant.

The manager, “We only serve the very best.”

Endora, “Their seafood special is fantastic.”

Marcus, “We will have Asti & the seafood special for everyone.”

The manager, “We have a very rare fish & we are unsure how to cook it.

Ariel, “Do you mind if I see it first. Where is the chef?”

The manager, “I always do the specials like this.”

Ariel, “First it needs gutting & cleaned & then should be packed with kelp. It should be soaked in a good red wine. Then simmered ensuring wine covers it all the time. After 15 minutes it is ready to be served as the dessert.”

The Manager said, “I will do that but are you sure.”

Lily came up & saw the fish, “I hope you said to use plenty of red wine.” All the courses where fish courses.

During the meal Marcus looked at Ariel, “I was wondering if you know a school or college where I can send my daughters so that they can learn all they need to know.”

Gaby looked around, “Marcus I know the perfect school for your daughters. They will still be able to see you during the holiday period.”

Cleo, “Marcus is still going to be doing rather a lot of travelling & he is rather worried I may blackout & be put back in the tomb again. So while he is away he wondered if it was possible for me to join your group.”

Ariel, “These 24 are going to have to be introduced to father soon.”

Cleo, “I had intended to do that when I passed out.”

The manager brought the last dish in & said I know this is daft but I am serving the best Italian ice cream with the dessert. Gaby tasted it & said it is delicious I am going to insist in future we always use the best Italian ice cream.”

Endora tasted the meal, “It tastes great.” After the meal they all went out to have a snowball fight.

Maddy, “I have just remembered there is supposed to be an island with a saint in a glass coffin. Before we go back I would like to see it.”

Marcus, “That is no problem. We can all use my boat & it is only a short crossing to see the saint.”

Cleo took hold of Gaby's hand, “He does not know why he asked for your advice but only that they will be safe.”

Gaby, “Has he never realised about your rather special abilities.”

Cleo, “We sleep in the same bed when he is home. Most of the time he is travelling.” Cleo pointed to her daughters “I have six sets of triplets & three of twins.”

Gaby, “I am surprised Marcus is still with us.”

Cleo, “Had he been a merman he would have been long gone. Marcus lives for his work & family. What he cannot give me are anymore children. He had cancer a while ago & the treatment left him sterile. He adores his daughters & he is genuinely worried about me. He keeps saying what if I had allowed them to use your organs. I cannot take the risk of you ever been alone again. That is why he asked if I could come & stay with you.”

Gaby, “Cleo you do realise your daughters will be attending a school for gifted children.”

Cleo, “That is one way to put it. I would call it mermaid training academy.” The boat arrived at the island & Marcus led the way. “I am feeling sad for I know that it will be a long time after this weekend before Marcus & I are together again.

Gaby handed both Marcus & Cleo what looked like a watch & said “Marcus go inside & switch it on.” Marcus did as he was instructed. Cleo switched on hers.

Gaby, “They are only prototypes but they will allow you two to keep in touch every day.” Marcus was excited & embraced Gaby.

Cleo, “I think Marcus has just screwed himself royally without realising it.”

Gaby, “We can keep tabs on him 24 hours a day. If & when he needs the help it will be there.”

Cleo, “I have to sort out my daughters now.”

Ariel, “I suppose I will have to tell them that they will be returning with us & that all of them have already been married off.”

Cleo, “They have not to my knowledge.”

Maddy, “She is correct. Your father has married off all your sisters & their daughters & his sisters & their family.”

Cleo thought for a moment, “Lorelie & Ariel you do not seem to be bothered about been married off.”

Maddy, “They made their decision before your father’s decree.”

Cleo, “Oh I have just had a thought, did dad say all his children?”

Ariel,” correct.”

Cleo, “That now means I have two husbands & not one.”

Ariel, “Do not worry it will be explained to you once we return home.”

“First Gaby & Maddy want to see this tomb again.” The all went into the cathedral & down in the crypt was the glass coffin.

Marcus, “It was said that he was friends with Mary & Peter. Another tale is that Mary will send the angels from heaven for him so he may sit with the Lord again.

Mary, “That is an interesting story Marcus.” “How many angels got sent down?”

Marcus, “There was some dispute over exactly how many. Some interpreted it as three & others as 3 hundred & others as 3 thousand. Somewhere angels where involved.”

Gaby, Maddy & the three angels lingered as the others left the crypt. A voice, “So you decided to return again & I suppose you will yet again.”

Maddy turned around, “You where here the last time we called.”

The man, “Day after day the visitors come. Sometimes there are some I feel very sorry for. Take that girl down there she has been crippled from birth & each year she comes here & prays. Listen to her.”

Gaby listened, Gaby turned to the man, “From tonight you will have a companion to help you. Let her sleep with the saint.” The man picked up the girl & laid her across the top of the glass coffin. The following morning the girl awoke to find herself asleep on the coffin & locked in the crypt.

A voice, “Did you have a good sleep.”

The girl rubbed her eyes & saw three angels.” She said, “Did I die?”

The angels, “No you are not dead?” “The Queen of Heaven heard your prayers & decided to cure you. She did have a request though. That you stay here & help cure the ill.”

The girl, “I promised I would give everything & I will keep my promise.”

The angels, “Food & clothing will be brought to you & your companion”. She saw a rather attractive young man who smiled at her.

He, “When I saw you last night I knew you where the one.”

The girl looked around. “We had better get ready for our first Guests.” A few days later the Vatican announced it was moving some female relics to the island. Miracle after miracle started to happen.

The final day of the show in Milan Gaby & the others went for the last walk on the stage. There were cheers as they all came on. Gaby & several others let their wings grow & flew up into the Auditorium.” Then they came back down again. The wings disappeared on all but Gaby as the others encircled her. She waved her hand & they all disappeared. “Bravo, Bravo” was the cry & then more.

Gaby, “As this is a fashion show we would like to finish with something special. So for tonight only we will do a sketch from Swan Lake. The music played & the girls came back on in costumes. Gaby came on & there were cheers from the audience. Eventually they came to the end of the scene. After the show was finished the manager of the Theatre came to see Gaby.

“Madame I was wondering if you would consent to dancing for us here & at La Scarla.”

Anna who was nearby replied. “What makes you think she might consider it?”

The manager, “A few years ago I happened to see almost the same scene in la Scarla. The dancer was brilliant.”

Petrova , “Please Gaby.”

Darcie, “How long would you like the dancers for?”

The manager, “if you agree it would be for two weeks at both theatres.’

Gaby, “Hands up all that want to dance for four weeks.” Most put their hands up. “Now those who do not want to dance.” Cleo half held her hand up.

Gaby turned to the manager, “As you can see they have almost all voted to stay & dance for a month.”

The manager, “This is a great day for me. Not only do we get dame Gaby but we also get many other great dancers.”

Darcie, “We will all give our very best.”

After he had gone Cleo spoke, “I only voted against it because I realised I could not match you all.”

Darcie, “We are all going to have to practice...

“Anna, “Cleo I will train you and all the others”. That night they all found themselves once again on the stage. “You all need the practice you are getting slack. We are short of men so some are going to have to take men's parts.“

Darcie & Andi were two selected for that job; they agreed they would do it.

Anna, “No Victoria & your friend Dan are better suited as they both know all the moves.”

Gaby & the others informed the management they would make their own arrangements for accommodation.

Endora came into the room, “Are mum & all my sisters included?”

Gaby. “Endora we are all going on the stage.”

“Gaby do we have to all sign or take vows or something?”

Gaby thought for a moment, “We need your mother on the top of Monte Rosa tonight & all your sisters.

Endora went & persuaded them all to go to the top of Monte Rosa with her. They got to the top & Endora had the cable car switched off.

Endora, “Right according to my instructions we have to go & get into the dresses that are waiting for us.”

Cleo saw the dresses, “Endora you realise what these dresses are?” “

Endora, “Mother we are formalising an agreement to work with the dancers.” After they had all put their dresses on they did each other’s hair & nails.

Cleo looked at all her daughters & started to cry. “I never once thought you all would be married at the same time.”

Endora, “We have to go onto the snow & pray.” On the top they started to pray & as they prayed Gaby & the others materialised.

Cleo looked at Gaby, “I fully understand now how Marcus was able to find me alive.”

Cleo knelt, “My Queen.”

Gaby, “Cleo we are all family & friends. Take your place with your daughters & first formally introduce them & then we will do the formal binding service.”

Cleo introduced all her daughters. “I wish father was here to formalise the next part.”

Neptune & Oberon stood at the side of Gaby.

Gaby, “Good my Best man is here & the Bride’s father.”

Neptune handed them all formally to Gaby, “I give these to your safe keeping.”

Endora, “Are you really my grandfather?”

Neptune, “Yes. But you now are no longer just a mermaid. As we speak your body is changing.”

Ariel took her by the hand, “You have just received many gifts. Like us all you now can fly.” Endora's wings started to emerge.

Gaby, “All may unfurl their wings.”

Endora looked around & then started to laugh. “I have just thought of the man in the church & the story he told of angels going to visit the saint. May I tell you all a story & you will see why we wanted the underwater Equipment.”

Lake Maggorie

Endora, “We need to go back to the War & when the Germans marched into this area. There were two statues on the island. A young boy was the altar server. He was conscripted into the German Army. One of the first jobs his unit was given was to recover the statues from the island & send them to Berlin. The boy saw several of his friends shot as they tried to prevent the removal of the statue.

One girl cursed all those who did not have the protection of the Madonna & said, “The very earth will rebel until they are restored. One of the German soldiers shot her in her knee.

The girl said, “Remove the statues at your peril for if you do then you will die.”

The Germans laughed at her. The former altar boy used his necktie to stem the flow of blood. “I will get even with them for this.”

The girl handed him a charm & said keep this with you always & you will be safe.” The statues where loaded on to a boat. The sky darkened in & the wind started to blow. It was June but next came Snow, Sleet & Hail started to pound the boat. All but the altar boy where up top.

He went & kissed the Madonna. “I promised they would never have you. I would rather you where put in the safe keeping of the Empress of the waters.” He found the sea Cock & released them & smashed them so they could not be closed again. “He then went back to the statue, “Mother the job it is done. Soon we both will be on the bottom of the lake.” As quickly as the storm started it abated. There was some flotsam to indicate where the ship had once been.”

Cleo, “I will continue the story Endora. The boy was clutching hold of the Madonna when I found him. I took him to the shore where he was discovered by the parents of the girl he had helped. They took him home & it was decided that until the war ended it would be far safer for him if he lived as a girl. For several years he continued to live with the family & thought of the girl as his sister.”

“Eventually he started working & vowed one day he would raise the ship & restore the statues. He worked hard & he got the chance to take over a German firm he went to Constance to conclude the deal. While he was there he saw a girl swimming near the Lorelei Rock & he helped her on board the boat he was on. Their eyes met & spark's shot out of them. He wrapped his coat around the girl & promised he would look after her.”

The girl informed him. “If you love me it has to be forever.”

He replied, “I will always love you even when we are old & Grey. I have another promise to keep. I promised to restore the statue of the Madonna which now lies at the bottom of the lake.”

“I suggested to Marcus if he continues to work hard perhaps he would be able to recover the statue. Since then he has worked to get enough money to recover the statue.”

Zelda, “I think after the shows are finished that GB salvage team should look for the statues & boat & see if they can be recovered. They have been in far worse places than Lake Maggorie.”

The shows where a great success & they were asked to do another 4 weeks. Eventually they came to an end.

Gaby said, “Cleo I think you had better show us where this lake is.” Cleo dived in followed by the others.

Cleo, “There are loads of little statues scattered about on the bottom of the lake.”

The girls had a great time recovering all the little statues. Then they came to the boat it was still intact with the statues strapped on the decking. Gaby looked at it “We return tonight & bring it up to the surface.”

That evening they strapped airbags to the boat & it started to rise to the surface. Gaby had a boat ready to tow the wreck to the island. Once they were on the island the statues where removed & taken back to the church.
The original plinths where ready for them as the statues where once again put back in their original place.

The girl looked at Gaby & curtsied, “You are the one who made me fall to sleep here? Please can I see you all as you truly are?”

Gaby, “It would be better outside for that.” Once outside Gaby unfurled her wings the others followed her example & Gaby waved her hand & they were all in their official raiment. “You two will look after these for me.”

The following morning the locals found the boat & the remains of the Germans soldiers who had drowned all those years ago. They went to the church to pray & found the statues had been replaced. There was much rejoicing & merriment that the statues had been returned to their original place.”

A cardinal was sent from Turin to see what the fuss was about. When he saw the statues had been replaced he decreed that a holiday be in order.
The Cardinal spoke with the Man & Woman who looked after the church.

The man, “They have visited me three times so far & each time there is more of them. Last night we thought they were girls. Then we realised it was the Madonna herself & she along with her angels returned the statues to us.” The Cardinal could not get them to change their mind.

The Village policeman. “That is not the only Miracle to befall us recently.
Cleo the wife of Marcus died & was buried for a month & now she walks again. Marcus found her alive in the tomb.”

The girl, “I was lame from birth & I visited the church & my lameness has gone.” The cardinal watched as a constant stream of people made their way to the island. The cardinal went to pray for guidance.

Gaby saw him praying & decided to talk to him. The cardinal, “Lord I am at a loss to explain what has happened here.”

Gaby, “Just think the island has protected its own. I would strongly advise against removing the statues from here ever again.”

The cardinal, “I will re consecrate the statues & insist that a cardinal is here permanently to ensure their safe keeping.”

The Cardinal returned a few minutes later & looked for Gaby. Eventually he found her with some friends in the gardens. “I have had a word with the Holy Father & he is coming here with all the other cardinals. I have been chosen to be the new Cardinal in charge of the Island.”

He looked at Gaby. “I could go with a choir would you & your friends help me out.”

Cleo, “You could not have done better than to ask us we will be happy to help you out.”

The TV cameras came for the installation of the new cardinal. The cathedral was filled & people where stood outside. Speakers & large screens had to be installed so everybody got a view. That night the cardinal went to pray by the statues. He saw the man & woman praying. They said we do every day first thing in the morning & last thing at night.

The cardinal, “It appears there are three of us now.” As the cardinal looked on the statue of the Madonna he realised where he had seen the face before. He said, “The girl who I talked to & provided the choir for me.”

The Woman, “I see you have just realised it was the heavenly Choir that sang for you.”

The man, “I told you the Madonna had returned the statues.”

Back home Endora came with her mother & sisters. “Gaby we want to tell father we all have joined a religious order.”

Gaby thought, “Endora tell him the truth that you all have become companions & partners of the Heavenly Queen.” As they were talking Cleo's wrist phone bleeped.” Cleo switched on the video Phone it was Marcus.

“Cleo I need to talk to you & the girls. Something is wrong with me & I am going to need help.” “

“Markus we have something to tell you.”

Marcus, “Will you ask Gaby if she can find room for me as I will be with you on Saturday.”

Cleo, “That is unusual for him I wonder what he wants.”

Gaby, “Cleo do you remember what happened to mermen once you have drained them? I suspect that is what Marcus has to tell you.”

Endora, “At least as Maggie she will be able to spend time with us.”

Gaby, Maddy & Cleo went to Yeadon airport to pickup Marcus. There was a delay of an hour on the flight but eventually it came in. Cleo was the first to spot Marcus & he had lost a considerable amount of weight.

Marcus hugged Cleo, “I have given all my other clothes away as they no longer fit me I have lost that much weight.

In the car he started telling his story of how he started being sick & losing weight. “I have been to the doctors & at first they could not find anything wrong. Then I started growing breasts & so I went back & the doctors did more tests. What they discovered was my entire male cells where been replaced with female cells. Cleo the doctor has calculated that I probably have only a few days left before everything has been replaced.”

Gaby said, “Marcus I think it would be better if we called you Maggie or a name of your choosing.”

Marcus. “Maggie is too close to Marcus I would prefer to be called Veronica if that is OK with Cleo & the rest of you.”

Cleo. ““Can we divert via the white Rose & get Veronica a decent hair cut & Clothing. Cleo looked at what was in the suitcase, “Most of this can go in the Salvation Army box.”

Maddy drove the short distance to the White Rose Shopping Centre. The first job was the Hair stylist & then the fingernails. After a visit to several department stores they went to the upper floor for a coffee break.

Gaby , “All we need to go to now is Debenham’s & there you will get a full make over.” It did not take the girl long to give Veronica the full treatment. The girl on the counter recommended various makeup for Veronica.

Cleo, “We will take the lot & can we have a bottle of Channel.”

Maddy handed the card over & the girl rang up the purchased & then said these are free with the goods you have bought.” All the clothing Marcus had worn on the plane was dumped.

Cleo, “As you are turning into a girl you might as well look like one.” Cleo handed Veronica a handbag, “Your wallet & documents are all in it.” They left the centre & set off for the drive home.

In the castle the girls were eagerly expecting their father. Marcus informed them that he had taken leave of absence from his firm. He thought he was going to have to sell it.”

Gaby, “What sort of value is your firm?”

Marcus, “I personally would say about £1,000,000.00 sterling but others may put it higher. I know there are several firms interested in acquiring my shares but they would close the firm down as they are only interested in the order book. That would leave all my staff without a job. I would sell the firm for a £1 if the buyer guaranteed the jobs would be secure.”

Gaby handed him a £1 & said, “I guarantee the jobs.”

Veronica, “I believe you sold.”

Cleo said, “How do you intend to live?”

Before Marcus could answer Gaby responded. “Cleo you know as well as I do that there is no need for Veronica to ever work again & that she can enjoy herself with you & her daughters. Marcus for years you have laboured to recover two statues lost in the lake when you where but a child. We tried to contact you to tell you that your wife & daughters have helped recover them & they are now back where they should be.”

Marcus brought out a small statue & rubbed it. “All I have to do now is return this to the girl who gave me it.”

Gaby looked at the statue, “I think she wanted you to have that just like Cleo & the girls have been given one.”

Cleo showed the charm on her bracelet. “All who helped recover the statue received one.”

Maddy Telephoned Darcie to have the documents ready for when they arrived back & then a formal announcement would be made.

As the car arrived Darcie was waiting & Marcus signed all the documents. Then he asked, “Can you open a bank account for Cleo the girls & me with this.”

Darcie checked the contents of the case it was all in Euros.

Gaby announced that GB Industries had taken over Marcus firm & it would become part of GB Electronics. “Marcus shortly a team will be going to check over the works. We intend to expand rather than contract so shortly we will be looking for new workers.”

Darcie led the team to inspect the firm & several recommendations were made. The recommendations increased productivity & production. The firm also took on more part- time workers & a nursery was made available for young mothers.

Mean while Veronica had finished changing. Endora went to see Veronica, “You will always be papa to us.”

Veronica cuddled her. “I am going to have to do something about your mum.”

Endora,”Papa come with me & talk to Gaby first.”

Gaby, “Veronica are you happy as you now are?”

Veronica, “I do not know if Cleo told you but I had to live several years as a girl to avoid the Germans. I often wondered what happened to the girl I put the bandage on. For several years she was my sister & then her family died & I moved away. I would like to find her & if possible give her some money. That is all I can give her. At one time I thought I might marry her but I met Cleo & that was that.”

Gaby, “Did this girl have any distinguishing marks?”

Veronica thought for a moment, “She had a scar on her knee from the bullet. She also had lovely green eyes. On her right wrist it looked as if she had been branded or tattooed at some time. There was a crown & a letter it could have been an S or a Z. It is that long since I saw it & my eldest daughter is now 25. So it is that long or longer since I saw my sister. If I find her she is to have 1/27 of the fortune I have amassed.”

Zelda was watching & giggling. After he had gone. Gaby turned to her, “Zelda all your nieces could have been your daughters.”

Zelda, “He has been sat side by side with me & has not recognised me yet should I tell him?”

Gaby, “No not yet even Cleo has not realised that it was you & that she was competing for his affections with her aunt.”

Zelda, “I would have accepted if he had asked me.”

Gaby, “He wants you to have part of his fortune.”

Zelda, “We already have more money than we need. I would like to take Veronica & the girls shopping though. “

Gaby, “If we limit it to them & Cleo's sisters & I. Maddy & we had best not forget Lily & Starr. That should be enough of us.”

Zelda, “When the others find out they will all want to go.”

Gaby “Well if they want to come then let them but the trip is supposed to be for those I have named.”

Veronica came to see Gaby. “I have just received these printouts of the family’s accounts.”

Gaby, “Yes we all get one each month.”

Veronica, “There appears to be a mistake.”

Gaby, “In that case we had better go to the office & we will get Darcie to sort it out.”

Darcie came & opened the account up. “You handed me a suitcase full of Euros. These I have put down here & this is what they are in Sterling.” Veronica agreed on that. “Then there is the wages for your family. For going on the cat walk & stage & for the help recovery of the statues. Then there is the money from the sale of the firm to GB industries. On top of that there is the interest on your investment. You also have two weeks wages. You will find everything has been reinvested in GB so like the rest of us you are a shareholder & all your money will be reinvested.”

Gaby, “It takes some getting used to. Unless we go shopping there is no need for money. Everything is provided food, clothing, Medical, Housing.

Veronica, “I still need advice concerning Cleo. Although I look like a girl now I still love Cleo. I can understand if Cleo wants to go and get another man.”

Maddy, “Cleo is still in love with you & will never be parted from you. She has known for a while that you where changing. She spotted the changes before she went in the tomb.”

Veronica said, “That is something else I need to talk to you about. The newspapers are all reporting miracles happening down on the island. They reported that the holy mother returned the statues. The local police looked at the boat.”Somebody had used airbags to raise it.”

“The local divers said the lake was to dark & deep for any diver to see anything & they took a camera & filmed what it was like under the lake & using lights they could not see more than a few inches. The police could find no fingerprints on the boat. On the statues they only found the fingerprints of the dead Germans & all but one have been recovered. It is presumed the last man was washed away.”

Gaby looked at Veronica, “We know differently, but will not be saying anything to the authorities. Who would believe you where the missing one anyway.”

Veronica, “I will never stop loving Cleo. I also have another two loves & there is the girl for years I called my sister & I still want to find her. Although I cannot marry her I may be able to help her. My first love is the Madonna & I long ago promised to give my life to her.”

Gaby, “Did you promise to give yourself exclusively to the Madonna?”

Veronica, “No but I did make a promise & then I find my family has fulfilled it for me.”

Gaby, “Veronica I will sit down but I would like you to repeat the vows you made to the Madonna in front of me.”

Veronica, “OK I will do it in a minute but first I need to the toilet.”

Veronica went to the toilet & Gaby waved her hand & all the others were seated around. Veronica came back in & failed to notice all the others. “I your humble servant Marcus now Veronica promises you my heavenly Queen to be loyal & true. I promise to be true to you for all eternity. Heavenly queen I promise to be true to all your companions & to give help when asked. Heavenly queen I promised to recover or replace your statue. This my wife & daughters did & so I failed in that promise. Heavenly Queen I promised to help one other. All I could do was stem the flow of blood. She was later to become my sister. I still feel that I owe her something.” Veronica was too far-gone to notice anybody & took little notice as Cleo & Zelda lifted her up. Zelda put the earrings on while Cleo the necklace.

Then Gaby fastened on the bracelet, “Veronica you have promised to be mine & I will be keeping you to that. Cleo & Zelda I am making you responsible for your sister. Zelda your request is granted although the Lily broadcasting system has been in operation & Veronica has more attendants. Now I have to visit Martha & Paul & see how the cardinal is performing.”

Veronica, “Please may I come.”

Gaby, “Cleo & Zelda take hold of her for we are going in full dress.

Gaby's wings unfurled & Veronica said, “Oh my god”. One by one the others followed until only Zelda & Cleo where left.

Zelda, “Veronica it is our turn now”. They all took off. A short while later they settled down on the island. Martha & Paul greeted them.

Gaby. “Veronica here wants to see the statues.”

Martha led them to the statues. Veronica looked at the statue & then across at Gaby. “Why did I not see it before”? She looked at Cleo & the rest of the companions. Veronica knelt down “I thought I was in a dream. I have just realised that it was not a dream it was for real.”

Cleo & Zelda lifted her up. Veronica, “Am I dead?”

Cleo, “No you are not dead.”

Veronica, “Pinch me” Zelda pinched her. “I certainly felt that. Cleo you where my wife who I loved dearly what are you?”

Zelda, “Like you we are companions & partners of the Empress. In front of us all you where married to the Empress & the rest of us.”

Veronica, “You mean both of you are now my wives.”

Cleo, “Well I suppose we are as you are ours.”

Veronica, “I gave you 24 daughters but we never got a son.”

Zelda, “Even if you got a son he would become your daughter.”

Zelda, “Actually you have three more daughters. I vanished because I was having your children & did not want you to know.”

Veronica, “Before either of you came along I made a promise to the Madonna that I would tend & care for her. I sunk the ship in the storm by opening the sea cocks. Because of that all but me on that boat died.”

Cleo, “They died because they where greedy & tried to remove what was not theirs to take. You tried to protect the Madonna by destroying the ship after seeing your friends shot. You also have provided us with the means to find & restore the statues.”

Zelda, “From that first day when you became an altar server in the Cathedral you became a companion.”

Cleo. “When I found you & took you to the shore you where clutching the little statue & you still do every time you need help or are stressed out.”

Zelda, “You where still clutching it when you where found & it went to bed with you every night.”

Gaby came in to the room & Veronica dropped to her knees & said, “Forgive me I did not until a few minutes ago realise whom you where. I thought I was dreaming.”

Gaby, “Veronica you have always been true to me. My companions have always been close or near to you. Now come & give me a kiss as your friend & companion. Zelda & Cleo I presume you both would still like to share Veronica?”

Zelda, “I would like to go in to Milan & do some shopping.”

Veronica, “I am slowly getting used to being female. I would look forward to my new life.”

Zelda, “We also should go & show you round the factory & you can see how we have altered it.”

At the factory Veronica noticed her former secretary giving orders. She greeted Cleo & the others, “We have increased productivity 10 fold.” In the office was a photo of Marcus on the wall.

The young woman, “That is our late founder. I now manage the company on behalf of his family.”

As they left Veronica spoke, “She has done a good job. I am surprised she never recognised me at all.”

Cleo, “As far as everybody else is concerned you are dead. Veronica starts out with a clean slate & it was Veronica that married all of us.”

Veronica, “You all still want me then.”

Gaby, “Once you made your vows to me there is no escape.”

Maddy giggled, “We seem to be acquiring even more sisters.”

Veronica, “I am confused. At first I thought Cleo was a girl and then I thought she was a mermaid & now she appears to be an angel or something similar.”

Gaby “She is all that & so are you & the rest of us. Everything you earned is invested in GB industries like the rest of us already do. We do not need to work but do it for fun. One of our most successful companies has been the Salvage Company.”

Veronica, “I am beginning to understand how you can recover ships & artefacts from depths that other cannot.”

Gaby, “We did start on the Mediterranean Sea & recovered a few ships but there are loads more to go at & we now have an increased team. Gaby turned to Endora & her sisters. “Do you want to test out the underwater equipment in areas that it was designed for?”

Hospital ship.

Endora, “I may be the baby of this lot but I cannot wait to get started.

Gaby, “In that case you will all be paired off & you will have a sled & detector to each pair. All the younger ones can sweep the area. We seniors on the other hand can start recovering a few more wrecks as the shipyard finally can cope with some more.” The first ship they recovered was a British hospital ship that had been hit by a mine”.

The ship was first towed to a port in Crete & then it was inspected foe human remains. These were all placed in plastic bags & sent to the British base on Cyprus. From where they were repatriated to Britain. The dog tags have corroded & so it had to be DNA evidence to work out who was who. Eventually the team found the names of all the bodies & they where interred in Britain. All human remains were given a full military funeral. The Hospital ship was patched up & then she was to be towed back to Britain & after restoration was to go with the other ships in the museum at Scarborough.

Whilst clearing this section. Shona who had been with the younger ones. Called Gaby to come and look at a site. Gaby looked at the seabed & could see amphora, & statues

Shona, “We are finding these by the sled full.”

Amanda & the other Archaeologists looked at the finds. “These look to be very early Greek & Roman coins.”

Gaby, “We are in international waters so there can be no come back on who owns what.”

Gaby summoned up the support transport & all the small artefacts were recorded & then lifted. The larger statues where all lifted from the seabed.

Shona, “Are we going to sell them of keep them?”

Amanda, “I would prefer to keep them all & use them to decorate our home or the hotels.”

Zita, “I agree we recovered them & they should grace our homes. Also we need to work out who the statues are.”

Amanda, “I am wondering if there is more than one wreck here or it was a very large ship with all this as cargo.” All the finds where plotted on the computer.

Gaby, “Let’s go over the entire area once again & use the metal detectors to see if we have missed anything.” They almost had finished when Rachel's detector went off. At first they could not see a thing & then they realised they had a Bronze arm & the rest of the statue was in the sand. Using a suction pump they soon shifted all the sand. They also filtered all the debris & coins & bones where discovered. Eventually the statue was uncovered. Gaby & the others attached airbags to it eventually it started to rise out of the water. They needed the Crane to lift the statue on to the awaiting barge. Once it was cleaned they all looked at it.

Maddy said, “This is one we are definitely keeping & there can be no dispute as to who it is.”

Gaby was the last to arrive to see the statue & when she saw it said, “Oh.”

Amanda, “I know where all the statues came from. The Romans stole them when they sacked Carthage. This must be part of the missing fleet that never returned to Rome. The goddess was sacred to Carthage. While the Romans worshipped many different gods. The Romans did not cast their gods in bronze so large.”

Gaby, “To be sure we have missed nothing we will filter the whole area we have been searching. As to the statues we will pack & send them all home & then decide what to do with them.”

The suction pump brought up a considerable amount of Gold & gems eventually they finished searching that area. After some discussion it was decided to let some of the gold coins go to auction & see how they did. 30 of the less than perfect ones where chosen.

Darcie, “I have put a reserve on each equal to its bullion value.” There was considerable interest & bidding was brisk at the auction house. Gaby noticed some of the main bidders where museums. Another was a private individual.

First the private individual dropped out & then so did the British Museum.” All thirty coins went to The Smithsonian.

The man from the British Museum, “I had a limit of & told Gaby his limit.”

Gaby, “So if I come across another 20 in similar condition or better you would be interested.”

The private individual spoke to Gaby. Gaby said, “Can you & the man from the British museum come my castle tomorrow evening I have a proposal for you both.” That night they both turned up.

Gaby. “If I add up your bids it equalled the Smithsonian. If the British Museum want 20 & you want 10 then we have a deal. In addition I will permit you both to choose the coins you want from these. The man from the British museum made sure he got all different heads on his coins.

“The individual was not as bothered, “I will take ten different ones please.” Darcie gave both a bill of sale & authenticity.

Gaby, “I want to have a word with you about some statues if you can name them for us.”

Gaby led the man to the Great Hall where all the statues had been placed. He looked at the statues, “Are these for sale? Or do you just wish to pick my brain?”

Gaby, “These are certainly not for sale. We may have some surplus to requirements that may go on loan until they are required.”

“That is a fine example of Julius Caesar, the next was Octavian.” He looked at the remaining statues & named them all. Gaby led him into another room. “We appear to have gone from Emperors to Gods & there is a right mixture here from the Celtic to the Romano- Greek. You also appear to have Norse & Indian Gods.”

This is very interesting. This looks like Odin & Helen is nursing him. That is Neptune & he is surrounded by his daughters. You have one of the finest selections to be seen for a long time.”

Gaby, “One more room to go yet.” Gaby led the way. “Now what do you make of these?”

He started to count & looked at each in turn, “There should be one more.”

Gaby pressed a button, “like this?”

“She is magnificent.”

“I will not touch her for should the companions think I would harm her then that would be the end for me.”

Gaby, “You know who they are then?”

He smiled, “My subject is ancient gods. If you look at all religions they have a similar theme. Now let us for a moment think that perhaps there is a grain of truth in the old legends & that gods did walk the earth. If they are immortal then they will still walk the earth. Now to your question I have avoided. The statues in the chairs are known as the Nine & they are the companions of the one. The one has many names & titles. Bur she can always be recognised for in all the cultures she is the same.”

Lily, “So we refer to the statue as the one.”

The man, “In Britain she was known as Helen the mother goddess. To Christians she is the Madonna; To Egyptians she is Isis.”

Lily, “What is she to you?”

The man, “I am giving the nine notice that I am going to kiss the Empress of the Heavens.”

Lily,” You are scared yet you are going to do it.”

“I have devoted all my life to research in to the gods. The one & the nine are interesting. The nine protect her & Heaven help anybody who tries to harm her.”

He went to the centre of the room & then walked to the front of the statue. He knelt down, “Goddess I am called Luke. I mean you no harm & would rather die than harm you. I want to kiss you so with your permission I will do that.”

Lily & the others watched as he started to approach the statue & then he stopped & turned. He walked back to Gaby & kissed her on the lips.

Gaby, “Can you do that again please.” He kissed her again.

“I intended to kiss the statue. Then I realised that you & the nine had been with me all the time.”

Gaby, “We have need here of somebody who knows about the ancient gods.”

Luke, “I will have to give my notice & hand these coins over.”

Gaby, “Now to the last lot of statues. These I am willing for them to go on permanent loan but they will not be sold.”

He looked at the statues. “Are you sure these can go on loan.”

Gaby, “Yes I had intending asking you & the Yorkshire museum if they wanted to have them on loan.”

Luke, “Can I oversee the moving around of the statues.” I would recommend they be loaned for three months & then moved to another site. Like the National museum of Wales. Then move the statues on to the Scottish Museum.”

Gaby, “If you want to organise the display then I will permit it.”

Luke, “It would be unfair of me to take a new job when I do not know how long I will be here. I was diagnosed with a terminal illness & this was going to be my last task before I was too retired on ill health grounds.”

Gaby, “Will you work for & become a companion of the Empress.”

If it is Gods that ask me then I will agree”. Maddy & the others came & gave him a kiss. “I have never had as many pretty girls kiss me before.”

Gaby, “We need to sort your accommodation out & transfer all you need.”

Luke, “Will you & some of your companions accompany me back to London?”

Gaby agreed to go & take a selection of friends with her. Luke introduced Gaby to the Director or the museum as Gaby Lynn.

Gaby, “I have offered the museum the loan of some of my Roman & Greek statues for a period of three months & then they will go on to Wales.

Luke, “I can confirm they are all worth putting a display on for.”

Luke showed to 20 coins he had obtained for the museum. The director, these are better than the ones you were instructed to bid for. We are planning a farewell party for Luke tonight at the Savoy. It is our way of saying thank you for all the work he has put in. I also have organised a cash payment in lieu of pension as Luke will not be here to enjoy his retirement.”

Luke looked at Gaby, “I think my final days will be with friends who will accompany me to all the sites I never got to. I promise to send you postcards from where ever I visit. I will also look out for anything I think may interest you. It may be an associate of Gaby Lynn that contacts you.”

Gaby, “For tonight's party do you have a theme?”

The Director laughed, “Yes it is rather appropriate considering the statues you are loaning us.”

“It is a Roman & Greek evening so dig out your togas.”

Gaby, “Is there a limit? As Luke has several other friends who will want to be there.” As they left Gaby turned to Darcie, “Darcie can you & Starr take Luke to his home & sort out what will be needed & what has to be disposed off. Maddy you & Lily are to accompany me to another venue. We will meet you in Kensington Gardens at the flat.”

Gaby & her team walked into the Savoy.”Can I speak to the manager please? I understand a party has been booked for tonight by the British Museum?”

The Manager looked down his list. “Yes it is only a small affair so we have put them in the side room.”

Gaby, “That has all changed the grand ballroom has to be used as there will be over a thousand guests tonight. Let me see the menu.”

The manager handed Gaby the menu. Gaby changed the menu. “That is more appropriate. A team will be here shortly to decorate the grand hall.”

The Manager, “This is all very well but who is going to pay for all the additional hire & food?”

Maddy handed him a card. “Charge it all to this account & do not send the British Museum a bill.”

He ran it through the scanner & while he was doing that the Secretary noticed the card. “Where did you get that card from?”

The Manager, “The girls from the British Museum they have come to change all the arrangements for the party tonight.”

The secretary, “You had better give them everything they ask for if you value your job.”

The manager looked puzzled. “They are only the secretaries from the British Museum.”

The Secretary laughed, “If you believe that then I am well on my way to taking over your job. You better look at this article in Hotel & Caterer you will see who those two are.”

The Manager, “I never bother to read that journal.” He looked at the Photos on the works magazine. There was a photo of the owner & her partner.

Lily giggled, “She is good we will have to promote her.”

The Manager returned & handed Gaby the card back. “There will be no need for this. I must apologies I did not recognise either of you. Whatever you want will be done. I must give my secretary the credit for recognising you both. I am indebted to her.”

Gaby, “Call her over.” The girl came over. “For this party all the waiters & waitresses will be dressed as Roman slaves. I want the two of you there to supervise the slaves & to be suitably attired. My team will be here in a second to decorate the Hall. I am told you recognised the both of us.”

The girl, “Yes I did.”

Lily, “Have either of you anything else to tell us?”

The girl looked at the Manager, “John they are our bosses.”

John, “One or both of us are going to have to resign as I asked Claudia to be my wife. The company rules forbid the fraternising of staff.”

Gaby, “Do you both wish to work here?”

Claudia, “Yes.”

Gaby, “John I feel you would work far better if you where the Under Manager. Claudia there is going to be an advertisement for a new secretary but until then can you do the work.”

Claudia, “I take it that my services will no longer be required.”

Lily, “They will not be requires as the secretary but you have just been promoted to general manager. As to getting married let us know the day & we will arrange everything.”

Claudia, “What I want & what I get is another matter. I would like a flat in Kensington gardens but they are not often available. I want to get married in St. Paul's & have lots of bridesmaids. On that unless I use some of the girls from here I have no hope of fulfilling.”

John, “We both want a big party but neither of us have many relatives or friends. It is a relief for Claudia to become the general manager. She has been carrying me & should have had the job previously but was overlooked because she was a girl.”

Gaby, “Claudia you will find all the new uniforms for the staff are in your office. As to either of you resigning so long as you both are loyal to each other you both have a job. Claudia, I happen to know that a flat has become available for a married couple in Kensington gardens. If you both wish to come with us we are going there next.”

Claudia asked one of the receptionists to stand in as they both had something to attend to. They then accompanied Gaby to the flat. Claudia fell in love with it straight away.

John, “Even with both our wages we could never afford this.”

Luke, “I am sorry about the mess I am clearing out most of my stuff & moving away. Do you both like it?”

Claudia, “We both love it.”

Gaby, “I need you both to sign these. It is a new contract of employment for you both. We have reduced both your wages. In future you both get a clothing allowance. There is this flat that goes with the job providing the couple are married. All your meals are to be taken at the hotel.”

Claudia, “May I read it first.” She then turned to John. “It would appear that our bosses want me to accept your proposal & for us not to delay in setting the date. As to the reduction it will reduce our tax liability.” John & Claudia both signed the contracts.

John kissed Claudia, “It looks as if I will be taking orders at home & at work from now on.”

Claudia, “Gaby will you & your friends be my bridesmaids.”

Gaby thought for a moment. “Some of them will be.”

Darcie came in & handed a letter to Claudia she opened it. The letter was a special license & it permitted her to get married in the cathedral on Saturday.

Claudia, “I cannot get married then. I have nothing to wear & we have no honeymoon arranged.”

Gaby, “John can you make your way back to the hotel. I need to have a chat with Claudia.”

They headed for Mayfair & found the shop Gaby wanted. Claudia tried on many dresses before saying, “I like this one.”

Gaby & the others tried on the bridesmaid’s dresses & found ones in gold they liked. They also got fixed up with shoes & underwear.

Gaby, “Next hair & beauty treatment. Then there is your going away outfit.”

Lily whispered this is our treat for you.”

John found a note in the office instructing him to call the officers club immediately. He did & was instructed to find his way there. He took a black cab there & found he was to be fitted for a suit.

The manager, “Would you prefer dress sir,”

John said, “Yes as only I intend get married once.”

The manager, “Your best man & ushers are already here as are your father & father in law.” John saw they were already fit up & wearing kilts & Highland dress.

John's father, “John it came as a bit of a shock to find you where getting married on Saturday. Your boss has arranged for us all to stay at the hotel. Your mother has gone out with some of your friends with your sisters looking for outfits.

John, “I suppose we had better have a stag night tonight as there will still be a lot to organise.”

The father, “Sorry John the both of you have to work tonight & we all have to be elsewhere.”

John, “I clean forgot I will have to get back & check that the room is ready for the party. When John got back there were further instructions. He went to ensure his case was packed according to the instructions. Then he came back to check on the Hall & found everything was in order. He called the waitresses & gave them their attire.

One waitress kicked up over the costumes. “I am not wearing that.”

John, “It is your uniform as it is mine. I have to wear the same uniform & so does Claudia.”

The girl, “Is your uniform exactly like ours?”

John, “All the waiters have to wear the same costume & currently they have to go to the salon to be treated. If it makes you feel better I will dress up now.” John Vanished & returned a few minutes later & said. All of us have to go to the salon so we will all end up blond.”

All the other Staff, “Well if you are doing it then we can also.” Each of the girls was given a badge with a name on. The girls gasped when they saw the waiters.

One of the girls, “I fancy them all.” Before they were allowed to enter the room Claudia checked all their hands to ensure they all had bright red finger & toenails. They looked around & there were statues of ancient gods.

The guest started to arrive & they were dressed as Romans. Luke's former boss came as a roman centurion. Two to the girls went to see what they could get him. Eventually all the invited guests had arrived.

Then John had to say, “Invited guests the gods welcome you to this party. “You are invited to take your seat but when the Royal party comes in you must stand until they sit.”

Gaby came in with Luke on her arm. The other stood & then took their seats.

Gaby, “As your Queen before we start there are criminals among us who need to be sentenced. What would you say if I told you that there was one masquerading as a girl tonight in the hope of seducing one of my maidens?”

“Centurion what would you do?” Luke's boss replied, if I found I had a slave like that I would grant his wishes & castrate him.

“You slave Claudia. ““What would you do?”

Claudia, “Castration is too much. I would fit him with a chastity device so he could only sit to pee. Then I would make him drink a litre of my potion & he would grow breasts. I would then auction him to the female slaves & marry him off to the highest bidder. I would hand the keys to the highest bidder but would require him to look like a female when working.”

Gaby turned to Luke & said which option would you go for?”

Luke, “I like the second option.”

Gaby, “The Emperor Luke has spoken. Take that slave pointing at John”.

Maddy pulled the wig off & said see our information was correct.”

Gaby “Let him be taken & fitted.”

The girl who had previously been chatting & was also the one who did not want to be dressed up. Said to one of the others, “I am glad it his him.”

Gaby, “Another slave has been chatting & not doing her work correctly what punishment should she receive.”

“Centurion what would you do?”

“I would gag her & then fasten her to the post & whip her.”

Gaby turned to the girl who had been chatting. “What would you do to this slave?”

“I would also gag her & shackle her & put her up for auction. If she was young enough then I would sell her as excellent breeding material.”

Gaby, “Very well as you chose the punishment then it shall be?”

The waitress screamed until she was gagged. Then she found she was shacked as she stated. She was led on to the stage.

Luke, “We will start the bidding at £10 the bidding soon shot up the bidding started to stick at £1000.00.

The centurion then put a bid in, “I will double it if she is fitted with a chastity device she was taken into the back for it to be fitted & then brought back here.”

Luke, “She is young & will make a good breeder come on gents who wants a new slave or an extra wife.”

John’s brother, “If she is put in a wedding dress I will increase the bid to £3,000.” She was led away once again & put into a wedding dress. “I will further increase the bid if you find a priestess to marry us now.”

Gaby looked around Barbara came forward. Barbara used their actual names. “Do you slave Lisa promise to love & honour your master.” All Lisa could do was nod to agree. “Barbara asked the same questions to Johns brother He said, “I take Lisa to be my wife”. He handed Luke a cheque for the purchase of Lisa.

Gaby, “Slave Lisa you may now go with your master after you have signed these documents. Lisa signed all the documents. Barbara tore something out & handed it to Lisa. It was only when they got back to the room that Lisa realised one was a bill of sale the other was a marriage certificate.

Lisa noticed the shackles where been released & then the chastity device.

John's brother, “Lisa so you know that marriage was perfectly legal & Barbara is a real priest. You are now my wife & will change into the dress provided. After this we are going on our honey moon.”

He removed the gag and kissed the girl. “We have now to show your knickers.” He tipped some red liquid over a pair of knickers. They went back into the room. The bargain is sealed as you can see she was a virgin. The girl blushed when she realised what he passed round,

Gaby, “Enough of that we have one more to go, “Claudia bid £1.00 some of the others started to get into it & put bids in for John. Claudia came back & put a higher bid in I will double it if he is dressed like a groom. John was taking it as a bit of fun. Claudia also went in to a side room. Then she returned.

Gaby, “Slave you impersonate a female slave. You will now belong to a female slave.”

Barbara, “Do you Claudia take John to be your husband to love & keep for all eternity. John do you take Claudia to be your partner for all eternity.

John, “In front of the gods ancient & modern I take Claudia. I promise to be a good husband to her.” A cheer went up from within the room.

Gaby, “John you may now take your bride.” John & Claudia both signed the documents. “I present our second couple to get married tonight. Both couples will be leaving us in the morning to go on a cruise around the Greek islands. Then they will be coming back to take over as managers & under managers. Between the four of them they should be OK. Now as you all know this is also a farewell party for Luke. As most of you know he has a terminal illness & starting tomorrow Luke starts as a guinea pig for an experimental course of treatment. Luke has already disposed of all his assets & has made me his prime carer. He has already signed all the relevant documents that I can invoke if he becomes too ill to tend to himself.”

“Will the Centurion stand up please? The statues you all see before you will start a tour shortly beginning with the British Museum. They will spend a minimum of three months in London before moving on to Cardiff.” They will eventually go round most of the larger cities in the United Kingdom.”

The centurion, “When Luke said he had arranged for the statues to be loaned I thought that it was a joke. Now I can see them for myself & we are only two happy to be loaned all of these statues. I am surprised that the Italian & Greek governments allowed the export of such artefacts.”

Gaby, “There was nothing either could do as the statues where all recovered in international waters over which they had no jurisdiction.”

The following morning all four newlyweds where seen off on to the cruise.

Lily, “Gaby, Johns brothers wife has not said a word as she is still in shock.”

Gaby, “Keep an eye on them & make sure they come to no harm.”

Later in the day Lily started giggling, “She still has not spoken but she has leaped on him & is trying to wear him out.” Later in the day Lily, “Well she is well & truly pregnant. By my counting there should be six daughters.”

Gaby, “John & Claudia.”

Lily, “They are taking it slower but they will be in the same boat before long.”

Luke came to see Gaby. “At the farewell party you said I was going to be taking an experimental course of treatment.”

Gaby, “There is treatment that will cure you. There is a problem though it has only worked on females. Should you undergo this treatment you would also have to have large amounts of female hormones in your body? They in turn would cause your body to soften & your hips to widen & your breasts to develop.”

Luke, “So to live I have to become a female. If that is the case then I had better start the course.”

Gaby, “ Luke when we get home you are going to sleep & will wake up as Lucy.”

Luke took a long relaxing bath. “Gaby I have had a long relaxing soak.” “Have I to put on a nightly?”

Gaby handed him one “Put this on & then lay on the bed & sleep.” Gaby touched Luke on the forehead, “Sleep for the next two weeks my friend.”

Ariel came in, “Have we had reports on the newlyweds yet.”

Lily, “I suppose you want to know if you have to start knitting.”

Ariel squealed, “Both my daughters.”

Lily, “One has gone at it hammer & tongs & was pregnant straight away. Claudia has taken it more slowly but she has still got there. In fact Claudia has discovered how to dispose of her milk when there are no babies around to suckle.”

Gaby, “That did not take long to get John drinking from her.” Lily switched on the screen & they watched. “They are certainly in love.”

Lily, “With the amount of milk going into John he will be well on his way when they return. Lily switched to the other couple who were still at it. As they watched the girl pushed her breast into the boys face. They watched as he changed very rapidly from been a male to becoming a female.

Lisa, “Once our babies are born you can now help me feed them. Until then you will relieve me day & night. That was a mean trick you played on me at the Savoy. Having me gagged & sold.”

He replied, “I did out bid all the others for a moment I thought the centurion was going to win & I could not have anybody else winning you.”

“You do realise my mum was watching the whole thing and thought it hilarious considering what I am.”

“I do not care It is you I love & promised to be with.”

“I think mum & my aunts will already know I am with child.”

He kissed her again. “Darling once our baby is born I will gladly take it in turns to feed him or her. You will have to show me how to mix the formula correctly though.”

She giggled, “Silly it will be already mixed for her.”

“All the girls in our family get their husbands to help feed the babies. By the time we go home you will also be producing milk & until the babies are born we will have to relieve each other. For a moment her husband was stunned,

“Well I have the girl I wanted & so long as she likes me with breasts then that will be OK.”

He started to laugh. Liza, “What is it now?”

“You said all the girls get their husbands to help feed the children.”

Lisa nodded her head & he was laughing his head off. “I have just realised Claudia is your sister & John is my brother & soon he will be getting his own boobs.”

“If I know Claudia, John has already got them she was one who preferred a bit of breast.” Lily closed down the screen.

Gaby, “We had better get the arrangements made for the return to Horse houses as we promised we would return to the village.

Ariel, “It is a pity we have no more young ones to baptise. That would have gone down great in the village.”

Gaby smiled. Lily, “The farmer has cleared the barn out & it is ready for the team to decorate it.”

Gaby, “Send most up there to get it ready & tell Barbara the church will be required.”

Ariel, “Well I am accompanying you to the port to collect my daughters & their spouses.

Lorelei said, “All our sisters will be going with you.”

Ariel was saying Gaby I have been thinking. “

Lorelei & I are the only ones recently who have not had babies.”

Maddy, “You are going to get plenty of that when your daughters return home.”

Ariel,”Yes but they will be my grand Children & I want to feel new life in my tummy again.”

Lorelei, “I feel the same sister.”

Gaby, “I do not mind the two of you having more children but can we wait until your daughters have delivered.”

Ariel pouted her lip. “This is going to be a long wait.”

Lorelei. “In that case we want you to go swimming with us once my daughters give birth.”

Gaby “I presume you wish me to be wearing the present or would a cuddle in the water suffice.”

Ariel giggled, “That is the general idea or at least we would like to go flying like a certain sister of ours did.”

Maddy, “Well if you three think you are going swimming without me you can think again & I am sure Darcie will have something to say.”

They waited on the dockside at Dover for The two couples to disembark. They scanned those leaving but could not see Ariel’s daughters & their husbands.

Lily, “Perhaps the husbands are now dressed as their wives.” Still they could not see them. “This is no good I am going to contact them directly. They have landed & are waiting by the information kiosk.” They went to the information kiosk & still could not see them.

“Mum”. Ariel turned round & there sat on four seats they were the four of them.

Ariel looked, “You all have changed,”

Claudia, “I feel as if I am going to explode & John has put weight on drinking my milk.”

“Same here.” said another voice.

“Claudia said, “I think we are going to have to find a new acting manager for the hotel.”

Gaby, “We need to get the four of you home as soon as possible & get the doctor to check you out. John & your brother I have a few questions to ask you but they will wait until we get home.”

Ariel, “I have all their cases.” Gaby set the co-ordinates on the sceptre & they were soon home.

Dr. Jones came & inspected them all, “Gabriel can we get them all in the pool immediately.”

Claudia, “That is better,” She then cuddled John while their siblings where doing the same. Claudia wanted to swim & raced against John.

John, “If I was not a bloke I would think I was also having babies. Look at me I have leaking boobs & swollen tummy & I cannot even see my manhood.”

Claudia, “Hold my hand I feel very strange.”

John held her hand, “By any chance do you feel as if there are butterflies in your lower tummy.”

Claudia, “Well that is one way to describe it.”

John, “I think I must have sympathy pains because I am getting them & they are getting worse. I now feel as if I am going to have to break wind.”

Claudia, “That is just how I feel. John I do not feel very well,”

Claudia, “It is no good I am going to have to break wind.” Both John & Claudia broke wind at the same time. As they did so there tummy reverted to normal. The doctor was quick to act & soon separated the string of babies. They were wrapped & taken to the Nursery the doctor went to deal with John & separated those babies. They were taken to be with their sisters.

John's brother, “John I think we are going to have to change our names as I am going the same way as you.”

A few seconds later there was another two strings of babies. After getting dried John looked at himself. He turned to Claudia, “There is nothing but my mind left of the old me.”

Claudia, “All four of us will be fine & in case you have not noticed you now look exactly like me & we will be taken for twins.”

John, “How did it happen?”

Gaby, “What has happened is very rare & only happens when a couple are completely in love that they give themselves totally to each other. Claudia became pregnant & you promised to help her. You & Claudia must have been connected for a very long time. Some of the babies were transferred over to you. That is why you became bloated.”

John, “I am not going to try & understand how it happened; we are going to have to share the nursing duties.”

Claudia, “Liza I think we had better rename our husbands.”

“That is a good idea mine shall be called Alexandra.”

Claudia & mines Celeste. “

Ariel, “That is all very good but you have ten babies each to name.”

Claudia, “we will think it over & decide.”

Ariel. “Well you do not have long to decide as the christening is on Saturday.”

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos