Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2783

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2783
by Angharad

Copyright© 2015 Angharad

  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
*****

I was still marvelling over the photo when the phone rang. “Could you take a call from Sister Maria?” asked Diane.

I agreed I could and after identifying myself greeted the headmistress of the girls’ school. “Cathy, that copper is a total moron.”

Having been engrossed in my recent loss I’d temporarily forgotten the incident. “Sorry, Maria, which copper?”

“The one who discusses cases in front of his daughter.”

“Oh that moronic copper.”

“Is there another?”

I decided it was quicker to fib than tell the truth. “No, ’course not.”

“He claimed it was his daughter’s word against Hannah’s.”

“That was it?”

“He refused to discuss it further saying it was all lies anyway because he hadn’t discussed it in front of his daughter. His wife supported him.”

“So where did she learn of it then?” I wondered if he took files home and did she then read them when he wasn’t looking, wouldn’t be the first time nor the last.

“He denied she said it, she accused Hannah of lying.”

“Hannah may be many things but a liar is not one of them. I take it he doesn’t know who she resides with?”

“I doubt it and I didn’t enlighten him.”
“Okay, thanks, Maria. I’ll have a chat with Simon as to where we go with this. If she goes anywhere near Hannah in the interim, I’ll have her exiled to the moon.”

“Remind me not to upset you, Cathy.”

“Don’t upset me.”

She laughed and rang off. I went off to collect the girls. It appeared Cecily Lomax had cornered Hannah in the toilets and threatened her. The other girls decided they wouldn’t let her go by herself in future. I felt like turning the car round and returning to the school and speaking with Sister Maria, instead I’d do it when I was less angry—fewer bodies to clear away.

“What did she say to you?” I asked Hannah when she was on her own.

“She called me a whore’s child and said she was going to fucking get me for telling lies about her.”

“What did you say to her?”

“I told her liars always make mistakes, then ducked as she went to hit me, she hit the door instead, so she’ll probably accuse me of hurting her hand.”

I told her to go and change and to try not to be scared of the bigger girl.

“I’m not scared of her but she seems to be spreading stories about me which aren’t very nice, Mummy.”

“Okay, let me speak to the others and see what we can do to help.” I felt I needed some sort of voice recorder or camcorder so we could show how nasty this creepy kid is. Perhaps if we get irrefutable evidence her father will believe us not his precious daughter and then I won’t have to go to his boss.

After dinner I chatted with Simon and Sammi. Julie would have wanted to knock her block off, so it was perhaps just as well she was supervising an electrician at the salon, but Pheebs had come home so perhaps he was examining her personal wiring?

I said to Sammi that I felt we could do with one of those spy cameras that fit into buttonhole. She asked me whose wedding was I wanting to record and we both laughed. She got her iPad out and in a couple of minutes she showed me one that could be disguised in the embroidery of her blazer’s school badge. We could run a wire from it inside the lining and have the control and battery or transmitter in her blazer pocket. She ordered it and got special delivery, it should arrive the next day.

We got home the next day and the package was waiting for us. After dinner I told Hannah to fetch me her blazer and Sammi and I inserted it and she had it transmitting to a computer so we were able to focus it and organise the switch. Hannah thought it was wonderful but I explained to her she had to be patient and not try to provoke the older girl into abusing her or anyone else for that matter.

It took a couple of days but bullies can’t wait to show their power over their victims to their friends. It was in the toilet again that Cecily accosted Hannah and called her ‘Whore’s kid.” She then abused her in front of a group of girls and Hannah managed to say very little in reply but did switch on the camera. It went to an old laptop that was being held by Sister Maria—as an impeccable witness, and another to a computer at home. I suspect GCHQ were probably also listening but doubted they’d be very interested in school yard politics.

Twice, Cecily accosted Hannah saying she was going to get her and make her regret telling lies to which Hannah replied that she hadn’t told any lies and that she, Cecily was the liar. Cecily slapped her on the face and Hannah turned and fled running smack into Danielle who’s a year above Cecily. Danielle was incensed and caught Cecily coming out of the loos.

“What did you say to Hannah?” she demanded.

“What’s it to you?”

“She’s my sister.”

“You’re a whore’s kid too are you?”

I saw Danielle raise her hand but Hannah stopped her. “Let her go, Danielle, she’s like a gorilla in knickers anyway, look at her hairy arms and legs.” Apparently this observation was true and even captured photographically.

“Keep away from my sister,” said Danielle tersely.

“Yeah, what you gonna do about it? My dad’s a cop, so you’d better watch it or he’ll arrest your whore of a mother.”

Danielle’s face went as black as thunder then she began to laugh. “You do that, gorilla pits and see what happens.” They both walked away laughing while Cecily shouted abuse and was told to be quiet by a passing teacher.

I was so proud that both my girls controlled themselves and that we had some evidence to show her parents. I suspected that they’d think we’d provoked her and he’d accuse us of agent provocateur, but I hoped once he got beyond that he’d realise what a minx his daughter really was. If he didn’t resolve this to our liking, ie, the school and my family, I’d have his guts for garters and his pension and career prospects could take a turn for the worse.

Neither of the girls spoke to me and I didn’t look for the footage of the incident until Maria phoned me and said she’d witnessed the assault and attempted intimidation as well as slander and threats through her father. She told me she was suspending the girl immediately for hitting a younger girl as violence was condemned at the school. She invited me to attend a meeting with both girls present and both parents. Si was unavailable, he was in Newcastle opening a regional centre for the bank, but I would go and I wasn’t afraid of moronic policemen, especially if he had a mortgage with a certain bank. I would dress like an aristocrat’s wife and see if I could gently intimidate him. If he didn’t recognise my name, he soon would.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
226 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

After the sadness

of losing Spike, Its back to normal life for Cathy,Normal life that is Cathy style ... It seems bullies never know when to stop, I guess to them its all about control, A power trip if you like, However for Cecily its all about to come crashing down, She may think with her father being a policeman she is pretty much fireproof, Which as she is about to find out is not the case, As many in this world will tell you money is the real power and as we all know the Camerons are not short of a bob or two.... Money aside the fact that Cecily is both a liar and a bully should ensure that she will never darken the doors of the girls school ever again.... Hannah and her sisters would no doubt agree that will be no great loss !!

Kirri

Gently intimidate?

Rhona McCloud's picture

Cathy is a lot more sure of her ability to outshoot the bad guys these days. Nice touch with GCHQ. With 'big data' and 'data mining' they must have quite a file on our Cathy as trigger words regularly try to trip her gentle family life.

Of course if GCHQ turn nasty toward Cathy they will have to deal with ‘Hannah and Her Sisters.’

Rhona McCloud

Cecily's Father Will...

jengrl's picture

probably turn white when Cathy walks in, because "The Pension Killer" is rather well known around their department . Hannah is loved and treated as just as much one of Cathy's daughters as the other girls and Cecily will be in deep trouble once her parents realize she messed with the wrong girl!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

I had to look back a few pages

Raff01's picture

and saw Cathy's comment about maybe he was one of her tricks. That's what I was thinking too. I wonder if this is the guy who beat her up. Be kind of interesting to see if he is.

Don't mess with Cathy's kids,

We've seen the song played before, looks like a new stanza is in the writing.

Helen Mirren

In one of the 'RED' films. Surrounded by a lot of fit male assassins holding guns on her:
"Do you know who I am?"
"No"

Puts guns away after efficiently killing every last one without ruffling a hair. "You do now"

I am sure you can see how your piece amuses me. Just a little less bloodshed at the punchline, please.

I've always detested bullies.

Any story that includes a bully getting their cumuppance lies well with me.

Still lovin' it and thanks again.

bev_1.jpg

Cecily reminds me of an

Cecily reminds me of an incident when I was a kid and we had a kid bullying all the other kids at the Base school.
He attempted to do it with my younger brother, and my second brother stepped in and told him to stop it and to stop bothering all the other kids as well. The bully replied you can't tell me what to do, my dad is a Colonel.
As he punched the bully in his mouth, my brother said "your dad's eagle doesn't cover your ass."
The bullying ceased the next day.
I look forward to Cathy's meeting with the dad, because I can see it as one that he, his wife, and daughter will soon not forget.