Birthday Blues ~ Part 8

Printer-friendly version

Gerry’s eighteenth birthday celebration starts out on a decidedly sour note. A chance encounter changes that—and the course of his life. This is the story of that encounter and its repercussions.

Part Eight: Another Fork in the Tunnel


Birthday Blues ~ Part 8


Vicki goes through a set of ornate doors and into a sitting room right out of the ‘Sound of Music’. It is odd to see her Dad in this setting—her Mom seems to be a better fit; but this is still all pretty alien to me.

Her Dad gets up, comes over and gives Vicki a hug. He gives me a bit of a surprised look—and then hugs me in the same way, as well. In the meantime, Vicki has gone over to her mom and given her a kiss on the cheek. I just say, “Hi, Dr. Langdon. It is great to see you again.”

She smiles at me and says, “Deirdre, you look wonderful! I see you are making great progress! But, why don’t you call me Sherri? Please sit! Mary, I am sure that Vicki will have her usual. Deirdre? Red wine? Something else?”

I nearly jump as a maid comes in out of nowhere and pours Vicki a glass of her signature wine. I merely nod and say, “Umm, red is fine. Thank you.”

Mr. Langdon looks over me and says, “Well, of course you need to call me Bill. How is your tattoo doing? Still liking it, I hope!”

I nearly choke on my wine, but keep my composure and say, “Yes sir…Bill… It is very lovely and it is completely healed. I have to admit; it still shocks me if I just catch a glimpse of it in the mirror without thinking about it.”

He laughs and Vicki and Sherri giggle. He says, “Yes, it does take a bit for it to become a ‘normal’ part of you. Soon enough, it will be as common-day as your lipstick or long nails.”

Sherri speaks up and says, “Speaking of lipstick and nails… Who did your makeup, Dear? It is divine!”

Vicki speaks up and says, “Her best friend, Jenn, showed her how, Mom. She has been practicing all week. She did this herself! Can you believe it?”

I blush profusely.

Sherri looks impressed and thoughtful as she says, “Yes. It is very impressive how much you have learned in just a week. You are a natural in those heels, too.”

Vicki says, “Mom, Dee’s friend, Jennifer, wants to either get into permanent cosmetology or even cosmetic surgery. She hasn’t asked, but do you think…?”

Sherri nods and says, “Of course, if she wants. I think that would be a very nice thing for us to do. Also, invite her along with the two of you tomorrow to the spa. My treat!”

We chat for over an hour about various things and Mary pours us all drink after drink. I am still very self-conscious about the environment and my presentation. Jenn—and Mom—had pounded a lot of things into me this last week, but, none of it comes anywhere close to being natural to me; except for walking in the heels, I guess. I have to concentrate on keeping my legs together; sitting up straight; and dozens of other things that I need to do to not make a fool of myself in this outfit.

After we are on our third glass of wine, Sherri says, “Dee, I had lunch with your mother today, did she mention it to you?”

I shake my head, “No, I haven’t seen her today. I left before she got home from work.”

Sherri says, “We had a nice talk about lots of things, including you. She is very proud of the progress you are making in your experiment. Like I said, I am very impressed, too. Yes, you still need a lot of practice—but, I can tell you are giving it a good-faith effort. Even here tonight, you are laser-focused on proper presentation. I also can tell that you have lost, what, five pounds?”

I give her a surprised look and nod.

She giggles and says, “Love, I AM a cosmetic surgeon. I can tell these things! All of that has taken a lot of commitment and I am fully convinced now that you are sincere in seeing this through. I know from your mother that you have a week off from school in two weeks. I am offering you some free cosmetic enhancement services during that week—if you would like them. We can discuss them more later, but I am thinking some lipo, maybe some facial work… Looking at you in that dress, and this is more radical, but still IS reversible, I am thinking we could even do a bust enhancement—that way you could wear a wider variety of dresses. Of course, you could use glue-on breast-forms, but you just won’t get the same experience from that…”

I know my eyes get wider with every item she adds to the list. My head is swimming—and not just from the wine. I say, “That is very kind of you, …Sherri. I…I…I don’t know what to say. I mean…”

Vicki takes my hand and says, “I think the proper word is ‘yes’, Love! Like Mom said, you can talk about details later…”

I numbly nod, thinking, ”A boob-job? Well, that CAN be reversed…I guess… But…REALLY?” I finally say, “OK, thank you, Sherri. I would love the lipo. I have been fighting this waist forever. As for the other, don’t you think it is a bit premature?”

Sherri looks at me and says, “No; looking at you, I think it is a natural progression of where you are at. It is completely up to you what and how much you want done. The lipo is, of course, permanent. Some things that are done to the face are semi-permanent, some could be more permanent. Breast enhancements are completely reversible… Like I said on the breasts, it may seem a little radical, but you would be surprised at the number I put in, only to take back out several months later. It really IS more realistic than breast forms ever can be… But, let’s not talk about that anymore for now. Think on it—I just need to know by early next week whether to book you in and for how long.”

Bill speaks up and says, “Now, you girls have had way too much to drink to be driving anywhere. I am afraid I am going to have to take your keys, Vicks… You can both sleep here, tonight.”

Sherri nods and says, “You can just go in with me tomorrow… Vicki, you need to invite Jennifer before it gets too late. Mary! We need some more drinks!”


I wake up in a strange bed the next morning. I look around the room that looks like it should belong to a princess and remember where I am. Unfortunately, not in bed with Vicki; but her parents were clear that we have to be at LEAST engaged to sleep together here—I am sure they know that we do so at Vicki’s apartment, though—and seem OK with that.

I stretch and marvel that I feel so good after all of the wine last night. I expected a headache, or something… It is likely all of the water that Vicki made me drink before going to bed… And, with that thought, I realize that I have to pee really bad!

I hurry into the attached bathroom and relieve myself. I am just finishing up when I hear a knock on the door and Vicki comes into the bedroom.

She smiles when she sees me and asks, “How did you sleep?”

I smile and say, “Like a Princess!” It doesn’t even register that I had, without a thought, just portrayed myself as a girl at that moment. I ask, “Just how much money DO your parents have?”

Vicki giggles and says, “I have no idea. There is some old family money on my Dad’s side that they used for seed…the majority is what they, mostly Mom, have earned. Let’s just say they are not hurting!”

I laugh and say, “No duh!”

Vicki giggles and says, “Feel free to take a shower. Go light on the makeup this morning, we are getting a full facial today. Breakfast is in forty-five minutes!”

After my shower, I get ready, using just eyeliner for the ‘soft, daytime look’ that Jenn taught me. I add some semi-heavy mascara and pink lip gloss. When we are both ready, I follow Vicki down the back stairs to the dining room.

Breakfast is a pretty formal affair with the servants and all; I guess I should have expected it after last night. I stick to mostly low-fat yogurt and fresh fruit—as do Vicki and Sherri. Bill has a full breakfast, though—eggs, bacon, grits, toast…the works.

When we are done, Sherri, Vicki, and I go to the Spa/Clinic and find Jenn waiting for us. Vicki introduces Jenn to her Mom and we go in.

As we are entering, Sherri looks at Jenn and says, “I understand that you are the young lady that has taught Dee how to do her makeup? And that you work at the mall on the weekends and other times that school allows? And that you are interested in cosmetic enhancements?”

Jenn blushes a bit and says, “Yes, Ma’am. I hope to be able to work in a place like this someday—or run one.”

Sherri smiles and says, “I like a girl that knows what she wants. Can you start here in two weeks? I want to give you time to give your current employer sufficient notice. Of course, we will work with your schedule. School comes first!”

I can tell that Jenn is stunned. She nods, then breaks out into a HUGE smile and says, “Oh! Yes! Really?! Oh, thank you! Yes, I will be here!”

We go in and Vicki pulls me into the Spa’s changing room, while Sherri talks to Jenn for a few more minutes. We both change into one of the luxuriously soft, pink robes and wait for Jenn to catch up to us.

She is grinning like the Cheshire Cat when she comes in. She is absolutely giddy and can’t seem to shut up as she changes into a robe of her own, “Can you believe it? I am going to intern at Sherri Langdon’s clinic and spa!”

We both just grin and Vicki says, “Congratulations, Jenn! I know you will do well!”

From there, we enter into that feminine world of pampering that is a little less alien to me this week than last—but, I still wonder what I am doing here…and why I seem to enjoy the pampering so much. Not just pampering, but feminine pampering. This week, we get a full facial and when Christy, my technician, is done, I feel completely relaxed. My face is as smooth as silk…and that doesn’t even seem strange to me.

We then get our mani-pedis. Jenn and Vicki try and talk me into extensions, but I am firm that I don’t want those—there is no way that I can hide those at school. I do relent to let Christy leave my nails at their current natural length, though. Now that they have grown, uncut, for nearly three weeks, they are actually pretty long for a guy and they will be hard enough to hide, as it is. Christy shapes them and removes the cuticle like last week, and that adds another dimension of feminine to them that I will be self-conscious of all week at school. Finally, she adds clear, then soft ‘neutral’ pink, and more clear coats to them, hardening each under a UV light. When she is done, I have longer nails than I have ever had. The pink is not really that noticeable, but together with the length and shape… I sigh, knowing that this gel-stuff won’t come off…and that I had OK’ed it. I will just have to be careful at school.

What happens next is the next big fork in the road of my commitment. First, the hormones and then the discussion last night. I don’t count the tattoo, since I had no idea what Vicki had planned. I did commit to the hormones, but with the knowledge that the effects will be reversible. I am still on the fence on anything but the liposuction on the ‘cosmetic enhancement’ piece. Well, there are my earrings, but lots of guys have those…and I can just take them out and let the holes grow closed.

It all starts when Julie, Vicki’s technician starts her next line of inquiry. She looks at Vicki and asks, “So…are you finally going to let me do your makeup right? Your Mom has OK’ed it, again, of course. She even said you could do it as a group thing on her! We could start out easy…just eyeliner today? Come on, Vicks, you know you really want to! I have my cart all ready and everything.”

Amber, Jenn’s technician chimes in, “Oh! As a group? THAT would be fun!”

Jenn doesn’t seem the least bit confused, but I am still lost. Little did I know that Sherri had already discussed this with her earlier.

Vicki finally says, “OK, liner only; but on two conditions: Dee and Jenn have to do it, too; and Jenn has to do the design.”

Jenn seems excited and says, “Of course! I am in! Dee?”

I am completely lost. “What are we talking about,” I ask.

Jenn speaks up and says, “I am going to show Christy how to do that soft look on your eyes that you love so much—you know with the eyeliner. I will do a look for Vicki and show Julie, then one for myself and show Amber. Then they will just follow along what I have drawn out once we have the look we like and finish the look. This is awesome! Are you ready? I will do yours first!”

Still confused, I shrug and say, “OK, sure, I guess. You know I love that look you give me…” I blush and say, “Well, you know…for when I DO wear eyeliner…”

Jenn giggles and grabs a pencil. She starts working on my eyes and when she is done I have a soft smoldering look that is mesmerizing. I never can believe these are my eyes when she is done. Even with just the eyeliner, my eyes are so much better defined—but not in-your-face. It is like magic.

She quickly goes to work on Vicki and soon has a look that Vicki just loves. It is more defined than my look and suits her well. I love it, too, and tell her. Her eyes look amazing—even without her usual mascara and shadow. Then Jenn gives herself her own signature look.

Then, Julie pulls out a cart and I finally know what this about when I see what is on it. My heart skips several beats. They want to tattoo this onto our eyes!

My eyes go wide as Christy starts getting her little machine ready. I say, “Wait a minute! I didn’t know that you were talking about doing something permanent! I can’t do that!”

Vicki’s face falls a bit and Jenn seems really disappointed. Jenn says, “Come on, Dee! It is all or none! This is the same look you would have starting this week in school, anyway. Think of the time it will save you in the mornings!”

I look at her and ask, “What do you mean, this is the look I would have in school?”

Jenn says, “You were nearly at this stage anyway… No one has noticed, or said anything as we have added more definition…”

I say, “B…b…but… I can’t go to school as Gerry with eyes like this!”

Jenn shrugs and says, “I don’t see why not. Like I said, it is basically what you wore on Friday. I guess even YOU didn’t notice.”

Vicki says, “Dee, it is up to you. I understand not wanting to commit permanently to a look—I have resisted for years, even though I could have easily had it done. I am ready to go through with it today, though—but only if you do, too.” She waits a few seconds and shrugs, “I guess I will wait, Julie.”

I can hear the disappointment in her voice. I can see the disappointment in Jenn’s eyes. And deep-down, I know I love the look on me…

I sigh and say, “I…I…I will do it, I guess. I know I am going to regret this, though… It is not like I can hide it… Christy, please don’t make me look like a clown!”

Christy giggles and says, “Don’t worry, Doll! I am an expert at applying this type of makeup—and this is just coloring in the lines already drawn for me. I can’t wait until we get to the eyeshadow and lips later!”

Vicki laughs and says, “MUCH later!”

I see Christy come at me with the little machine and wonder again what I am doing! I have a sudden change of heart and am about to tell her to stop—but she has already placed the tip on my eyelid and made the first stroke. It is too late!

I lay there surrounded by the buzzing on the girls on either side of me and that right in front of me. I fight back the tears—both from the pain and the humiliation of what I have agreed to with no one to blame but myself. I lay there and think about why I agreed to this again. And I finally realize that I really DO miss the look of my eyes when I take off my makeup in the evenings. After admitting that to myself, I start to feel better about my choice—but more confused about myself than ever.

All three girls finish their work at nearly the same time. A final wipe of my eyes with a cleaning cloth and Christy lets me sit up and look at myself in the mirror. The look is exactly like Jenn had drawn on my eyes with the pencil—only now, it is here to stay. In spite of my doubts and concerns, I find myself smiling at the look. I say, “Thank you for not making me look like a clown, Christy! I am not sure what people will think when I am in Gerry-mode, though.”

Christy laughs and says, “I wouldn’t worry about it, Hon. I could see the conflict in your eyes while I was doing this. Trust me—there hasn’t been a girl I have done this on that didn’t have that same look. But that smile when you saw yourself tells me that you want this deep-down.”

I look over at Vicki and Jenn; both are looking at themselves in the mirror. The girls had followed Jenn’s outlined look perfectly on them, as well.

Vicki says, “Well, I guess I should have listened to you a long time ago, Julie! This is awesome!”

Julie giggles and says, “No, I am glad you waited. Jenn here hit the look perfectly! I would not have given you that same look and you may have regretted it.”

Jenn blushes and Vicki says, “Yes, I think she will be a huge asset to the staff here when she starts in a couple of weeks.”

All three of the technicians are surprised at that statement and all giggle and go over to hug her and welcome her to the staff. Vicki comes over to me while they are chatting and whispers in my ear, “I will make up not being with you last night tonight, Love. Thank you for doing this with me. I know it was a big step for you!”

I nod, a bit doe-eyed. I look at myself in the mirror again and try and picture Gerry. It is getting harder and harder. I am not sure how I feel about that, but forget about the fleeting concern when Vicki pulls me into a deep kiss right there in front of the others in the room.


I stand in the shower and think about the weekend. It was certainly not what I expected. Saturday night was wonderful after Vicki and I got back to her apartment. At first, I was really worried about the fact that what little erection I still can get takes forever and is too soft to really do much with. Vicki, however, is very inventive…

As I dry off, I think about Mom’s reaction when I came home last night. She was somehow not surprised about what I had allowed to be done to my eyes. She also seems to be very supportive of me being more adventurous with Sherri’s offer in the spirit of a true experience. I know I have to give Sherri an answer in a couple of days, but I want to think about it more thoroughly this time before I commit to anything.

I pull myself back to the present and look at my eyes in the mirror. I can’t help myself; I DO love the look. Does that make me weird? What is happening to me? I dry my hair and go get dressed. I don’t even notice that, when I am done, the look is more on the feminine side than anything I have worn to school before—not girly by any means, but definitely on the more feminine side of androgynous with a mauve sweater and flashier jeans.

I hurry over to Jenn’s house and she smiles when she sees me.

She says, “I love the look!”

I give her a confused look and she says, “You are pushing the girly side more today. I like it!”

Now, I give her a concerned look, “Girly side? I didn’t think it was! I can’t go like this if YOU notice it! I have to go home and change!”

She grabs my shoulders and says, “Dee! Chill! It is FINE! I noticed because I am looking for it! Besides, we don’t have time. We need to go!”

I don’t notice that we really DO have time as she steers me out the door and to her car. I fidget the whole way to school and she says, “Dee! Stop! I shouldn’t have said anything! Look, I will bet you that no one gives it a second look! If they do, I will not push anything NEW on you this week. If they don’t, by say lunch, then I get to ramp up your eyes this week. Deal?”

At this point, I have fully convinced myself that everyone is going to laugh at me as soon as they see me and I will have to run home in shame. I just nod, thinking that I at least won’t have to worry about being inundated with new girly-girl stuff this week…

So color me surprised when I have to let her put ‘lash-lengthening’ mascara on me after lunch as the first step for the week… I am completely shocked that no one has said a thing about ANY of the stuff I have been doing over the last couple of weeks. I know that the girls in our clique, Samantha, Michelle, and Gwen, must have noticed—but they didn’t say anything.

Now that lunch is over and I am sporting heavier and longer eyelashes, that I am sure no one can miss, Jenn tells the girls about getting permanent eyeliner. I sigh and nod to Jenn, who then tells the group, for the first time (that I know of) that I am experimenting with being a girl, but am trying to keep it low-key; and that they are the only ones that know and have to ‘pinky-swear’ to keep it a secret. I am surprised that they still do things like that at their age; I am even more surprised when it is such a BIG deal to them. Then, Jenn even tells them about my nickname.

Of course, they all pledge their secrecy… and support in helping me with my experiment. I groan inwardly—I just went from one girly-girl tutor to four! These are four of the sexiest and most sought-after girls in our school. All but Jenn have college-age boy-friends; so, my hope is that they will be too preoccupied to worry about me. The flaw in that hope is that they all have much the same agreement with their boy-friends as I have with my girl-friend… No dating during the week…

So, I find myself at the mall that evening with four dolled-up girly-girls. Of course, I am wearing the same type of dress and heels as theirs—and my makeup is every bit as sophisticated. I even find myself keeping up with the conversation…and giggling at jokes that would have blown right by me a couple of weeks ago. While I still feel weird being dressed as a girl at the mall, it somehow doesn’t register in my mind that I am getting more and more comfortable with being included in a group of the most popular girls from school…

up
284 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

making permanent steps

not sure that is wise. She is still thinking of going back to being a boy ...

DogSig.png

Wise?

Wise?

Nope! :) What she wants deep down--who knows?

HUGS!

Re: Wise?

I agree it wasn't wise, Shauna; but, as you wrote during the chapter today, Gerry/Dierdre is already feeling as if something just isn't quite right after he/she had taken off the makeup at night. He/she also says she really likes the way her eyes look with the liner applied. She isn't quite prepared to admit it yet; but, deep down inside, she has already committed to accepting her full ultimate feminization. I expect that, in the next chapter, Deirdre will approve of the breast augmentation and bras will quickly become a welcome addition to her daily attire!

Thanks, Shauna, for posting another delightful chapter in this wonderful story! I'm looking forward to future installments!

Jenny

Thanks! HUGS!

Thanks! HUGS!

We will see how it progresses... There is no doubt that Dee is conflicted with her thoughts... It looks like a good time for a shrink to step in! :D

I think she will love

the results she sees in the mirror more and more.

Great story...

Anne Margarete

Love It

littlerocksilver's picture

Just love it.

Portia

Dee is here to stay, she just

Dee is here to stay, she just doesn't realize it at this moment. I 'm thinking later this week she will. Love the story Shauna.

Different

Jamie Lee's picture

It's good to see someone doing something without an actual threat from others.

Dee keeps worrying about what others will say at school. But it isn't happening. Wonder if, or when, it will happen. And if it does happen, will it be positive or negative? And will it get physical?

A good story dealing with want, uncertainty, confusion, and self discovery. Something we all face.

Others have feelings too.

So far, I have been avoiding

So far, I have been avoiding the school issues, but I am going to have to deal with them soon.

HUGS!

Another great chapter!

Bobbie Sue's picture

You're doing great!

Your story is developing very well and I look forward to the next chapter.