Nails

Printer-friendly version

Paul could not believe what he had done, he had made a booking before and bottled out before opening the door, this time he had managed to go through the door of the nail bar. Once inside the petite woman smiled and spoke so nicely to him he melted ‘this will be ok’ he reassured himself’. 'Going somewhere nice tonight?’ she asked. He hadn’t thought of a back story, he just wanted his nails done, a real manicure.
'Oh just out with a friend.’
The woman considered him carefully, noting his pierced ears, hairless arms, neat eye brows, before showing him to her desk and placing a display of coloured nails in front of him 'If you are going somewhere special having your nails looking brilliant is the best finishing touch, now what are you wearing, but I think this pink will suit your skin and hair colouring if you have not decided.’
Flustered Paul looked down, pink! he would love pink 'I er no I am not sure what I was going to wear’ which was true, he had a few outfits at home but had not planned the day beyond the manicure. 'I was only wanting a simple manicure.’ He eventually said, but it was too late he must have been daydreaming for a moment, his right hand was in her left and the first of ten nails was secured to his finger. 'Oh I’ he stumbled over his words 'that is long.’
'That is what everyone says the first time, but you soon get used to them and they are so strong they will not break off or split’ Paul’s mind was spinning, he stopped looking at the woman and back to his hand, three nails done. His heart was racing, this was truly exciting, a fantasy come true, getting his nails done properly. He knew he should say stop but was transfixed by his hand with now five long nails on it, his mouth was not working though as she took his other hand. He sat mute unable to move as one by one she trimmed each long nail neat, then painted each tip with glossy pink polish. he had painted them at home and the smell was intoxicating, this was overload, he just sat loving the moment watching his hands transform.
Sadly the bubble burst as she polished the last coat onto the last nail. 'That will be £25 please.’ Paul struggled with the pin number machine and found tapping with the tip best. 'Have a good evening with your boyfriend, sorry I should not be assuming it is a boyfriend. Whoever it is I hope they like them as much as you.’ Paul was still in shock as he walked out, nails carefully curled into his palms, was he so transparent ?
Once in his car he unfurled his hands, they looked great even against his white jeans and lemon t shirt, god knows how he would cope with work on Monday as he tapped the number of his boyfriend into his mobile with his long pink nails to find out where they were going that night.

up
134 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Please Continue

This is a nice start. I do hope you will write more so we can all see what happens next.

Briar

Everyone should try a manicure (and pedi)

Bobbie Sue's picture

It is easy to understand the hesitation, but once it is done, you'll want to keep going back. AND, if the technician is good, you won't have to make many choices because suggestions will be offered by the tech.

You have an interesting opening and should continue with more of a story.

A Thing I Have Always Wanted To Do

joannebarbarella's picture

Long and pretty nails are just so feminine...the final touch to your outfit.

And, Lauran, you describe that ecstasy so well.