Tink: A Strange Fairytale 4

Printer-friendly version

Disclaimer:
"This is fan fiction for the Whateley Academy series. It may or may not match the timeline, characters, and continuity, but it's fan fiction so I hope it's forgivable."

Also, when I first posted this chapter on Crystal Hall, I was asked why it was a Red Flag day with all the students arriving. In canon when Tennyo arrived, she mentioned how it was a red flag during orientation, so I'm going with it. It also makes some jokes possible.

Ms. Hastings came to her office promptly at 8:55am, passing Teri with a polite good morning. At 9am, she opened her door again and came out to greet Teri personally.

“Good morning, Ms. Mouser, or would you rather I call you Butterfly?” she asked, with a smile that would have men and a fair number of woman falling all over themselves.

Teri didn't notice the smile, she was too busy slamming her head against the padded arm of the chair. “How did she do it?!” she finally half screamed.

“Who and what?” the beautiful student counselor asked, utterly confused.

“Mouser! How did she somehow get that stupid nickname she gave me, into the freaking student records?”

“Oh dear,” Ms. Hastings said, turning as red as her hair. “It said on your application that you wanted to be called Butterfly, but there were problems with the MID, so you're in the process of trying to change it. Mouser is your guardian, right?”

“I'm going to kill her!” Teri said, stomping the chair as hard as she could.

The counselor took a moment to regain her composure by straightening her red blazer and skirt. “Would you like a few minutes in private to calm down?” she asked.

Taking a deep breath, Teri shook her head. “No thanks. I should have known she'd do something like that. By the end of the week, there will probably be a giant cake delivered to my cottage covered in butterflies asking everyone to call me that.”

“She'd actually do that?”

“Oh yeah. Ever since she caught me in the grocery store, she only calls me Butterfly and got EVERYONE calling me that. I think it's her idea of a joke, or she just can't get the idea that I'm a pretty butterfly out of her stupid cat brain,” she fumed.

Obviously deciding discretion was called for, Ms. Hastings motioned to her office. “Shall we go in and get your classes organized?”

Once again taking a deep calming breath, Teri flew through the door. “Ok, that's a good idea. Mustn't think about cats being run over, eaten by dogs or being declawed. And you can call me Teri.”

They both sat down, Teri sitting on the desk, and looked at the monitor which was placed so it could easily be read by a student and Ms. Hastings. It was currently showing her academic records, with a lot of question marks beside them.

“We have a problem with your transcripts, which is why I asked you to come in first thing,” Ms. Hastings said.

“What's the problem? They're right there,” Teri said, it being her turn to be confused.

“Well, the problem is, you were declared legally dead. Whateley has dealt with situations such as this before, when parents don't want to admit they have a mutant child, but in your case they actually have the body. That is a new twist on things.”

Teri nodded, she'd watched her own funeral from a safe distance away. “So you don't know if I'm me.”

“Correct. Which is why you were able to fill out the forms with the surname of your unofficial guardian. This isn't an insurmountable problem, but it requires a morning of hard work on your part.” Ms. Hastings pulled out a stack of papers. “I have some placement tests for you to take, and depending on how well you do, will determine your classes.”

“HURRAY! Let the torture begin!” Teri said gleefully. Reaching into her change purse, that was like a suitcase for her, which held her student card, MID, spare cash, and a few little supplies she might need, including a change of clothes after the previous days wardrobe malfunction, she took out a piece of lead wrapped in cloth, and a cut off pencil eraser.

“I see you came prepared,” the counselor said approvingly.

“I need to carry this big thing around everywhere just for my ID, might as well put a few more things into it. I have the room and it's not like it weights a lot.”

The woman didn't quite seem to know what to say to that, since the change purse would have fit easily into her hand. She led Teri to a small side room where she could do her tests in private, and let her get to work.

Taking off her shoes, Teri stepped onto the first paper, English. That went fairly well, some of the questions left her grasping at straws though, like, ‘Name three of the Canterbury Tales and describe the essence of each tale in one sentence.’ She had thought the Canterbury Tales were just one long story. The essays were another problem. With her writing, a half page essay would take all day. After a quick discussion she and Ms. Hastings agreed to make it three good size paragraphs.

When that was done, Ms. Hastings handed her the history test, and pulled out a pen to start marking the English. Then the counselor really looked at the papers, and blanched, the writing was so small it was unreadable to her eyes. Excusing herself, the woman went off to look for a magnifying glass, or possibly a microscope.

The history part was no problem. She'd never been at the top of the class, but she did ok. Math was a toss up. The first part was easy, the trig and calculus wasn't impossible, but she did a lot of erasing and crossing out. The last two pages were impossible, and she just handed it over with an apology.

Then it was time for languages. Teri had taken a single term of Spanish, which she hadn't finished but was listed on her transcripts, and was learning Japanese thanks to all her anime watching which wasn't recorded. She struggled through Spanish verbs, tenses and grammar, actually starting to sweat and was ready to collapse when it was done.

Science was last. Like the math, the first part was relatively easy, although physics was well beyond her, she did ok with the biology and chemistry. Taking one look at the advanced science, left her head spinning.

Finally everything was done and it was well into lunch. Despite suffering eyestrain from reading with a magnifying glass, Ms. Hastings was able to finish marking everything within fifteen minutes of Teri. “Well Teri, you've forgotten several things during your time away from school,” the woman chided, “but you're doing fairly well in every subject, and should catch up quickly. Your transcripts say you nearly finished your freshman year, but because you will be learning about your powers, and the higher standards Whateley has compared to most other schools, you have been registered as a freshman and will take several freshman classes.”

“Hurray!”

“Your enthusiasm fills me with glee,” Ms. Hastings deadpanned. “We'll have you in Calculus I, English II, Spanish I, Powers Theory 1, Flying I, and I think Survival I would be best for you.”

She frowned. “Do I have to take Spanish? I started learning Japanese over the summer, and I think its a lot better.”

Ms. Hastings raised her eyebrow in question.

“I've been doing a lot of modeling for anime websites, and I've picked up some of the writing. And Mouser started teaching me, she said short videos showing me speaking Japanese while in costume would double the amount of money I could make.”

“Well, you're in luck. There has been a growing number of students asking for Japanese language class, so it is available. You'll be with students ranging from freshmen to seniors, but don't feel intimidated, most of them are beginners. Are the rest of the classes agreeable?”

“I'd like to take Martial Arts instead of Survival. I can't hide myself, and I can just fly away if someone comes after me, I want to learn how to fight!” She mimed a couple of punches.

That brought a look of disbelief from Ms. Hastings. “Are you sure?”

“Definitely!”

Ms. Hastings tapped her pen against her chin. “I'll have to ask Sensei Ito, he's in charge of the class, and I'm not sure if your size will allow it, but if he agrees you can try it out.”

“Great,” she said, thinking of how much fun it would be to throw some people around. “Is there anything else?”

“Well, your flying class is only twice a week, Saturday at 10am, and Wednesday at sixth period. Your Powers Theory has a lab, but that is only twice a week, so we need one or two more full time classes. Because of your size I'm not sure what would be best.” The counselor frowned for the first time that morning. “Normally I'd recommend home economics, but I don't know how you could work around hot ovens and stoves. Costume Class could be useful, however you are very noticeable, so there isn't much clothing can do for you, and I believe armour will be problem.”

Teri pulled out a small sheet of paper listing some of the classes she was interested in, and thought she could handle. Learning to shoot would be cool, but out of the question. “I want business accounting. I need to start keeping track of my money from modeling. And I do want Costume Class.”

“Very well. I guess the Costume Class will help if you want to get into a career in fashion.”

“Yeah, and I have to custom order my clothes. Knowing all the terms and things will help.” She read over her list again. “You're to help me get a student job right?”

“Yes, Teri. What are you interested in?”

“I was told Venus Inc, is a club and a job. I want to do that.”

The woman suddenly looked uncomfortable. “Yes, I suppose that would interest you. I'm not sure how easily you could join however. I don't recall them ever letting in a member with GSD as severe as yours.”

“What! I have ten thousand Facebook fans for my modeling stuff, and I've starred in a movie. They're just scared of the competition if they don't let me in!” she said, slamming her fist into her hand.

“Please calm down,” Ms. Hastings said, motioning for her to sit down. “I said it wouldn't be easy, not that it was impossible. With your portfolio, they'll definitely have to consider you.”

“Humph, you've got that right.” Her stomach growled loudly. “Thank you for everything, Ms. Hastings, but I think its time for lunch.”

The counselor rubbed her own stomach. “Past time, in fact. I'll send you your class schedule as soon as I hear back from Martial Arts, and I'll contact Venus with your request this afternoon. Have a nice day, Teri. And please remember its a red flag day, you have to use the tunnels.”

She stiffened at hearing that. It was a beautiful day outside, there was no way she was going to stay inside some dusty old tunnels. Instead of heading downstairs Teri headed for the roof.

**

Ms. Carson was talking to a group of government officials who had never been to Whateley before and needed a tour to learn what was what, at least a portion of it. She smiled politely at the officials, and smiled nicely at the new students who were out enjoying the fresh air, or moving their luggage to their cottages, sometimes alone, sometimes with other students, and a few times with parents looking around nervously.

As she was explaining, vaguely, about the security measures they had in place, one of the officials stopped dead, and pointed at a tree. “What on earth is that?”

Ms. Carson looked at the tree, and saw what looked like a fairy, covered in pigeon feathers. Slightly bloody pigeon feathers.

“Tweet! Tweet!” the pigeon fairy said, looking around nervously.

Pulling out her phone, she pretended to dial a number, while glaring at the girl. Projecting her voice just so, she said, “Ms. Mouser, your pet bird has escaped. Please collect it IMMEDIATELY and go to administration AT ONCE. I will talk to you shortly.”

The pigeon fairy, turned white. “Tweet, tweet!” it said, and flew away so fast it lost several feathers.

**

Teri sat in the chair, for once refusing the desk, hoping she would be lost in the dark leather. There were still a few feathers stuck in her clothes and hair, but she'd gotten rid of most of them, and had her wings folded protectively over her body.

“Sit on the desk where you can see me, Ms. Mouser,” the Headmistress said.

She jumped up, and then looked at her feet, rubbing her legs together to get rid of some grey down.

“What were you thinking? Where you even thinking?” Headmistress Carson asked.

“I needed the sun. I'm solar powered and was running out of energy!”

That received the withering glare it deserved. “According to security reports, you've already talked to Chief Delarose twice, once for your actions on the way to Whateley, and then for fighting. If you are attempting to set a new record for number of times you can go to security, you're definitely a runner up. Are you proud of yourself?”

She bit her tongue before she said something stupid, and simply shook her head.

What followed was an epic tongue lashing, explaining what could happen to someone like her if she upset the wrong people, how it could affect the school destroying the secrecy which helped keep it and the students safe, and examples of what happened to mutants who weren't careful in extremely gory details. When Teri finally left a half hour later, she was weak kneed, woozy, ready to throw up, and had an extra two weeks of detention at Hawthorne.

Flying back to Whitman, through the tunnels, she decided that Costume Class was the most important class of the term. She needed a better bird costume.

**

That evening after having supper with Serena, Thad and Sap, Teri headed to Hawthorne to begin her first evening of detention. It was still a red flag day, so she had to go through the tunnels, and she got lost twice. But she made it to the Hawthorne stairway with a few minutes to spare. Flying up to the common room, a large jet black skinned person who looked like he could take a hit from a truck and laugh looked up from a table where several people were playing cards.

“Hi, are you a new Thornie?” he asked, in a voice that could possibly be friendly.

“No, I'm here for detention,” Teri replied, refusing to be intimidated.

“Detention!” a guy in the middle of a strange machine that looked like a baby's walker said in amazement. “It hasn't even been two days, what the heck did you do?!”

“Nothing much,” she said, fluttering in the air.

There was a laugh from behind her. “This student is the one who helped start the food fight yesterday after someone mistook her for a hobgoblin. And a few hours ago was caught by Headmistress Carson herself, pretending to be a bird while it was a red flag day.”

That announcement had a bunch of kids give her a cheer. Not sure what to make of it all, Teri turned to see a large black woman in some kind of hover chair. “Hi, I guess you're Mrs. Cantrell?”

“Yes I am, it's nice to see someone being prompt for their detention, and properly dressed,” the house mother said, taking in the nomex coveralls that Teri was wearing.

Teri just shrugged, the coveralls had been part of a modelling shoot showing off some clothes a woman could make for dolls, based off of an engineer from a sci-fi anime. It seemed as good a time to wear them as any. “So what do you need me to do?”

“What can she do? She's two inches tall!” a girl said behind her back.

“Hey, I'm six inches tall!”

“Tink,” Ms. Cantrel said, using her code name, “can you hand a mop?”

She nodded. “I've mopped kitchen floors before.”

“Good, you can mop the floors to start with, with everyone moving around the last few days, they need a good scrubbing. Mal, can you show Tink where the supplies are?”

A boy who looked like he was maybe twelve years old, with shiny, pale green skin and old clothes that were thread bare and well worn came over, he smelled faintly of rot. “Come on,” he said enthusiastically.

They were walking down a hall, when a girl with short black hair done up almost like spikes, a heart shaped face, and a body to kill for stepped out of a room, taking off a pair of rubber boots and gloves. She had a sad smile on her face.

Mal stopped dead in his tracks. “Watch out for that girl,” he said.

The girl in question looked at Mal. “Do I know you?”

“No, but I know you. You're a Goodkind, why the hell are you even here?”

Giving a resigned sigh, her hand resting on her belt, she answered, “I'm visiting my cousin and some friends. Now, if you'll step aside, I want to talk to Fire Forge.”

“My friends told me you're a freak, half boy and half girl. That just matches the sick fucks that make up your family,” Mal snarled.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!” Teri said, flying between the two before blood started to fly. “I'm new here, so who is she and why is she so bad?”

“That's Ayla Goodkind-” Mal started.

“THE Ayla Goodkind?! You're serious! Absolutely serious, that it's her!” she shouted grabbing Mal by the collar which disintegrated in her hands.

“Yeah-”

“Oh MY GOD! OH MY GOD!” She spun around and grabbed the girl shoulder. “Did you know you're Ayla Goodkind! Oh my god!”

She suddenly stopped, scratching her head in confusion. “Wait a minute. I don't know anything about any Ayla Goodkind.” Smoothing out the ruffled shirt, she smiled apologetically at the girl. “Sorry about that, I got a little excited. Ok, Mal now that that's out of the way, where's the mop?”

Flying onwards, pushing Mal in front and leaving a confused Ayla behind them, she and Mal finally reached the supply closet. Mal pointed out where everything was and then stormed back downstairs.

With the help of her PK field, she was able to fill the bucket and get the cleaner in without too much trouble. Then she started mopping the floor. She couldn't rid of the worst marks, since she was so light really scrubbing at it was a lesson in futility, but the floor was relatively clean without taking too long. Although she got several odd looks and stares as she flew along the hallway pushing a mop.

Emptying the bucket was the hardest part. She had to grab it by the handle, fly to the edge of the drain, and catch the wheels on the side as she flew forwards, without flying up. She splashed herself and the floor several times trying to empty the bucket, and was cursing by the time it was done. Turning, wiping the disgusting water from her face, she saw a man standing behind her.

“That type of language isn't appropriate for school,” the well dressed man said.

Spitting out some water, she just nodded.

“I'm Louis, or Fubar if you prefer. Now you get the fun job of cleaning my pool.”

“You have your personal pool? That is so unfair!” she cried.

“Just wait until you see it and then tell me if it's unfair or not,” he said, leading her downstairs.

In the basement was a large tank encrusted with snot and looking about as pleasant to swim in as a septic tank.

“I'm not jealous anymore. Why would anyone want to swim in that?” she asked.

“I don't swim in it, I live in it,” Louis replied. A large animal in the pool moved towards the edge and a big wad of snot suddenly flew from its head, through the water and into the air to land back in the water where it floated on the surface. “That's my real body. This is just a psychic construct.”

“COOL!” Teri shouted, and flew through his chest.

Fubar gave her a strange look. “You're the first student who has ever tried that in the first meeting. And without a second or even first thought.”

“I've never flown through anyone before, I wanted to know what it was like.” She looked at piles of snot building up along the edges of the tank. “I'm guessing that I get to pick all of that stuff up. Right?”

“Yes. It's a side affect of my GSD. Let me show you the shovel,” he said happily.

All of the gloves and boots meant to keep her clean were useless, being so much larger then she was. Grabbing the snow shovel in a bear hug, Teri flew over the tank, pushing the snot balls in front of her, until they formed a disgusting mat right at the edge. Grabbing the snot can, she put it on its side just inches from the water edge, using rubber boots to keep it from rolling.

Flying to the far edge of the pool, she flew inches from the dark water, right at the snot wads. When the shovel impacted them, it shook her so badly her chest nearly touched the water, but the ugly balls hit the edge of the pool and with a gross squelching sound flipped into the container, most of it anyways. She got more balls into position and repeated the process several times. By the time she was done she'd had to change the snot can and the bags inside four or five times.

Putting the shovel away, she was wet, exhausted, filthy and wanting a bath, possibly with boiling water.

Fubar gave her a look of approval as she dragged the last snot barrel back into place. Then she grabbed a fine mesh net, and again skimmed the pool, hugging the dirty handle to her body. Eventually the tank wasn't pristine, but it was ok. She landed on a table and laid on her back, trying to catch her breath.

“Good job, Tink. Now you just have to do the outside to,” Fubar said cheerfully.

“You have got to be kidding me,” she groaned, barely able to lift her head up.

He chuckled to let her know he was. “You did nicely for your first day of detention. Be sure to come back tomorrow on time, we've got lots more work for you. And if you ever want to talk come by for a visit.”

Waving weakly, she flew back to Whitman.

**

“Wow, what happened to you Teri?” Serena asked, as Teri stumbled up the stairs. There was music playing and the sound of girls talking and laughing from the common room.

“Mopped a cottage, then cleaned a pool full of snot. I'm going to peel off my skin now and burn it,” she said. Serena gave her a sympathetic look and headed back to the party after a few words of sympathy.

Stripping out of her clothes, she threw them in the basin. Wrapping herself in her wings, dragging her basin and small bag of toiletries, she made her way to the bathroom.

Filling the basin with hot soapy water, she got most of the snot off the coveralls, and put them off to the side. Washing the basin thoroughly, she filled it up again went to her little corner and scrubbed every part of her body until her skin was red. Her hair was harder, and since she couldn't use a hair dryer properly, she was forced to dry it out as best she could. First squeezing the water out, blotting it with a washcloth, wrapping it in a washcloth while she went back to her room and got ready for bed, then combing it, repeatedly, with a leave in conditioner and finally putting it into a braid.

Finally ready for bed, she climbed onto her pillow and collapsed.

**

The next morning, she and Serena got up at about the same time, and headed off for breakfast. On the way out Ms. Savage handed Teri her class schedule. Martial Arts was right before lunch, along with a note saying she needed to purchase a gi. Once again Teri wondered where the heck she was suppose to get a uniform or anything else in her size.

It was still a red flag day, parents could be seen dropping their children off outside, but the day was so beautiful Teri couldn't bear the thought of staying inside all day.

“I'm going outside,” she said.

Serena gave her a look. “Do you want to get into even more trouble?”

“It will be easy, trust me. Just open the bottom pouch of your book bag a little,” she said.

“How is hiding in my book bag better than going through the tunnels?”

“I just need my head sticking out. It'll be fine.”

Looking around to make sure no one was looking, Serena opened the pouch enough for her to get in and stand up. Putting the bag on her back, the not so willing accomplice muttered, “If we get caught, I'm saying you hopped in without me knowing it.”

“I'll take all the blame. Don't worry.”

Somehow they made it to Crystal Hall without getting caught. Grabbing a breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon they sat down to eat, after looking around to see if anyone they knew was around.

“You missed a great party last night,” Serena said.

“I heard you guys in the bathroom. How are the girls in our dorm? I haven't really had a chance to meet many of them.”

“Pretty nice mostly. Most of the ones who have GSD seem kind of shy, not like you. There were these two girls Grace and Charlie, who kept trying to get everyone to show off our powers,” she said.

“Grace... She's the frog girl?”

“Yeah, she bent a metal bar into a pretzel. And then Charlie melted it over a metal garbage can. I wish I could do something like that,” Serena said, looking at her hands.

“You can tie yourself into knots, that has to count for something.” Serena looked at her skeptically. Grinning Teri said, “Hey at least your boyfriend will be really happy.”

The resulting blush was bright enough to light up Crystal Hall.

“MOMMY look it's a fairy!” a childlike yell filled Crystal Hall.

Teri wasn't sure what to do. She knew she was on thin ice for the fight and ignoring the red flag the day before, but the rule book had said that it was fine for GSD students to eat in Crystal Hall despite the possibility of visitors being there. The question was should she ignore them or not?

The sound of running feet and the look of shock on Serena's face decided her. Spinning around, with a big grin on her face, she was about to do her usual 'I'm so happy to see you' routine she'd learned at kids parties, when she stopped dead. Coming towards the table was a pure white Sasquatch in a pink dress with her long shaggy hair in pig tails, dragging two regular sized parents behind her as they desperately tried to get her to stop.

“Oh, she's so pretty! Just like a butterfly!” the enormous little girl shouted.

Teri, who had been forced to learn how to project her voice like a stage actor to simply be heard in a regular conversation, screamed loudly enough to be heard throughout Crystal Hall. Leaping into the air she headed as fast as her wings would take her for the doors, slamming into them hands first and barely slowing. Sasquatch girl, was right on her tail, leaving a trail of overturned chairs, tables and students.

A group of parents and kids who were about to enter Crystal Hall, screamed a little as a fairy flew past, missing several of them by mere inches. As they tried to catch their breath, a big hairy beast yelling at the fairy to stop, sent them flying into the bushes.

Teri saw some security guards ahead of her, flying straight at them she grabbed the largest one so hard he spun around, becoming a human shield for her. “Shoot it! Shoot it!” Teri screamed.

They never had a chance.

Sasquatch girl pushed them out of the way before they could react reaching for Teri with a hand that could palm a basketball. Reacting purely on instinct, Teri threw the security guard at the girl, kicking off of him at the same time for more speed and took to the air.

Normally she could go about fifty feet high comfortably, then the winds started to get a bit too strong and she began losing control. So at fifty feet she stopped and looked back down, expecting to see Sasquatch girl crying.

Instead all she saw was a pair of massive hands encircling her, as the girl squealed with joy.

They landed safely from the jump, Teri cushioned by the hands, and the girl simply bending her knees with the force of the impact. The hand opened a little, and Teri felt a finger rubbing her hair, and a sweet little girls voice. “Oh, just what I always wanted, my own little fairy butterfly! I'll call you Georgina, and I'll hug you, and pet you and squeeze you, and pat you, and pet you, and rub you and love you!'

Teri gave up trying to move, the grip was like solid iron. Instead she watched as security and the girls' parents came towards them, slowly, very slowly, excruciatingly slowly. Finally it was too much. “WILL YOU GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE AND RESCUE ME!”

**

Ms. Carson and Chief Delarose were both looking at Teri as she sat on an eraser on a desk trying to get the wrinkles out of her clothes.

“Don't you even think about blaming this one on me!” she snapped at them.

up
267 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Giggles

"I'll call you Georgina, and I'll hug you, and pet you and squeeze you, and pat you, and pet you, and rub you and love you!' "...Now where have I seen this before????( Except I'll call you George)

Love the story

Joanna

An episode of Bugs Bunny

In an episode with Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck is captured by the Abominable Snowman while he (Daffy) is dressed as a rabbit and says those "famous" lines to Daffy.

Tink

Tas's picture

Highly amusing as usual, I really do enjoy your stories a great deal :)

-Tas

Now why do I believe that a

Now why do I believe that a certain Domoviye is a Loony Tunes fan? Eh "Georgina?" Really laughed at the comments the "little girl" Sasquatch.
Instantly thought about the Red Hair monster holding Bugs Bunny.
Tink is going to bring a lot of fun, mirth, and maybe overall "insanity" to staid Whateley. This should truly upset Mrs. Carson, The Chief, and anyone else who just happens to be near the fallout.
I think the school should add a flag color of Gold that means all students who fly can, and those who have GSD can be out and about as that day just means Parents are on the school grounds. Red could still mean anybody else who is not a family member, a student, a staff member, or teacher.

What's up Doc?

Gotta Love That Tink.
Great Story.

This is a GAS

This is a gas, I'm going to have to read this from the start. Just as soon as I stop falling off the chair laughing.

Sophie

Thanks everyone

Domoviye's picture

I watched the Looney Tunes episode with the abominable snowman ten times to get that quote. It was the best research ever.
And I am a fan of cartoons, usually the older more cartoony violent ones, and when I was writing parts of this, The Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, and other old tv shows were playing in the background, so you can get where a lot of the gags come from.
When I was making her, I was thinking about other Whateley comedians, and trying to make Teri unique. Where the wonderful Imp is all in for pranks and jokes, and Jade is squick mixed with cuteness, Tink is about slapstick and insanity. I actually think of her a lot like Roger Rabbit, doing things because it's fun rather than just because it works.

Quality slapstick

Podracer's picture

I wonder, in all her years, whether Mrs. Carson has ever been closer to an ulcer than this? I know the Chief has stress trouble sometimes, but surely Tink is raising the game for non-malicious incidents. There must now be recognised a previously unknown gene for chaotic mischief. It will have to go on Tink's MID.

"Reach for the sun."

You haven't seen anything yet

Domoviye's picture

You haven't seen anything yet. I've called her a ping pong ball bouncing around campus, in two or three chapters you're going to see just how chaotic she can be, and after that all the trouble that seems to appear around her.
It's Animaniacs level of crazy.

Right out of Bugs Bunny

Jamie Lee's picture

Costume class is a must for Teri, since her initial attempt to hide behind a thrown together bird costume flopped.

How often has Whateley dealt with someone Teri's size and energy? She has a mind of her own, because of getting chased out of her home and needing to survive. Teri isn't used to being around others, or having rules she has to follow.

The scene with Sasquatch girl was helerious, and what she said after catching Teri was straight out of Bugs Bunny, and with the same attitude of getting Sasquatch girl to let her go. And this time it wasn't Teri's fault, unless her size is used against her.

Others have feelings too.