Vanessa's Secret part 3 the conclusion

Printer-friendly version


Vanessa’s Secret


By Jason Morgan

Vanessa plans for her freedom and some revenge against her her family.
This is the final conclusion of this tale as she plans for her future with Michael and his powerful family while making plans to take down her own family who sold her into slavery.
But, will she really be free?

Part three the conclusion

Vanessa slept alone and felt safe all night for the first time in many long years. It was such a foreign feeling that she didn’t really know how to handle being in complete safety with the full knowledge that no one would bother her at all. No one would rudely wake her up demanding some demeaning sexual service from her. No one would come in the morning demanding a quickly from her before going to work. She knew she was totally safe here. She eventually fell asleep, still not sure how to handle the feeling. She managed.

Sounds from the other room woke up her much latter than she usually woke up. The room was flooded with the soft golden rays from the morning sun. That usually woke her up, but not this time. She knew she had no scheduled that if not followed meant harsh pain and punishment for her disobedience. She still knew that she would likely be punished for staying out all night. Antonio may even think she was running away. Was the sisterhood’s members looking for her by now? She had no way of knowing and didn’t really care. Michael would handle it and he was in the other room doing something. She rose from bed and decided to bathe and go meet him.

She wondered why she dreamed of Michael last night; she couldn’t get that kiss out of her mind. Those were the thoughts as she was bathing. The kiss was nice and she hoped that he understood. It was likely that he did understand what it meant. Now, Vanessa had to figure out if it was a bad thing or not. She got out of the tub and dried off. Now she realized she had not really planned this out. There was nothing new to wear; she had not packed for an overnight stay. No clean clothes, she had a little makeup in her purse. There was nothing left to do but to put on her old clothes she wore last night and see what Michael was doing. Something smelled good so he must have decided to cook something for her.

She went out and she was correct. The fragrance of Italian pasta was strong in the air. It looked like he was making spaghetti and veal. When did Michael learn to cook? How was cooking on the agenda of what to learn for Sicilian boy in a traditional family? It was almost noon so she may as well sit down and wait for it.

Michael said cheerfully, “Good morning, Vanessa. It’s good to see you, how are you doing my sweetie.” He said while steaming the Spaghetti and stirring a pot of his homemade sauce.

“I am doing well, thank you for a pleasant night. I can’t think you enough. I just wish I never had to go back.”

While stirring the sauce on the stove, he mentioned with a smirk, “I have been thinking about that. I think that I can arrange it where you can stay there until other arrangements can be made for me and you. But he won’t be able to hurt you. I will see to that.”

“How,” Vanessa asked.

“I spoke to my brother and he said he would have no problem staying there for a few weeks, to watch over you. He won’t be able to touch you with Santino staying there. Or he will find out about Santino’s very violent temper” Michael laughed a little. “Believe me; no one wants to find out about that, first hand. What do you think?”

She smirked, “Sounds good. But even he can’t stay there with me twenty four seven. He has other things he needs to do.”

“He has other men he trusts for those times. There is Clemenza and Tessio If you agree to this, you will receive twenty four hour protection there until we can take you away.” Michael said with a wide smile. “I am coming close to a conclusion to that.”

“I agree, and thank you Michael.”

“Our meal is ready.” Michael announced. “You just sit there and let me serve you, my love. You have served others long enough.” Michael made her a plate of Veal and Spaghetti and served it to her along with a large glass of tea. “Tell me if you need anything and I will gladly get it for you.”

And they ate. Vanessa asked him while they ate, “Michael; is there any way you can get my father’s company from them, for me.”

“Is that what you really want,” He asked after a bite. “I didn’t think you were interested.”

“Yes, I want it and I deserve it. Please,” She asked.

“I will see. I believe it can be done. I will have to talk to my family about it. Considerable funds will be involved.” Michael replied. “I understand. You must show me how much you want it if you are serious. Then I will do whatever I can.”

Vanessa knew exactly what to do. “Vanessa, you told me that you wanted to be a musician.”

“Yes,” She replied as they finished their meal.

“What did you play?”

“I wanted to be a concert pianist. I loved classical music.” Vanessa said. “Before the horror started, I was playing many hours a day. I was trying to learn all of Chopin’s Nocturnes”

“Do you still know any of them?”

“Some,” She replied to him.

“Can you show me, I have a piano here for you if you want to?” Michael asked.

She stood up, shaky from this request. She had not played in many years. She followed Michael into another room where she saw a shiny black grand piano. She sat down with nervous anticipation. Fully expecting to make a total fool of herself. She didn’t remember anything. Her mind went into deep thought for more than a minute trying to remember something and think about the things she used to do. She remembered some of her formal training by her teacher. Then, she began playing.

Michael watched and listened, but had a difficult time believing his ears. He didn’t want to believe what he was seeing. A glorious sound was coming from the piano. It was amazing and sounded like she had never stopped playing. Her expert precision with the piano was clear and unquestionable. She was playing one of Chopin’s Nocturnes and it sounded wonderful. Her fingers were amazingly quick and she never missed a note. It sounded like a professional pianist at a show playing. It was a hauntingly sad piece she was playing and somehow, her playing or maybe her intention made it sound one hundred times sadder. It tugged at his soul and made him want to openly weep at the sound.

She had played one of Chopin’s most haunting Nocturnes putting her own twist on it for around ten full minutes until she started playing one of her very own. She put her own feeling in it. It had been something she thought on and off over the past few years and that affected Michael even more.

It was a totally depressing sad piece she was playing for him. She had poured every ounce of despair and anger she had felt over the past two years into it. Ever depressing emotion was put into it and it showed. It was hauntingly beautiful and sad.

She looked up into Michael’s misty eyes after she finished and clearly saw that he was deeply affected by what she had done. “You are very talented Vanessa. I can help you use there. We can open doors and make you great. You can have your future there.”

She shook her head adamantly. “No,” She replied leaving no room to argue. “The beautiful boy, who wanted to do that, is gone. He is dead. It will be my hobby, but not what I want. I want vengeance. A good place to start is my company. I want to take it back. After that, I will give it to the family to run and help all of your efforts. Whatever, I don’t care. It’s just, my father didn’t want me to have it. It would have been fine if it didn’t mean totally depriving me of my future and life. If that is what he wanted, I will deprive him of his choices, and his son Brent. They don’t deserve it.”

“I agree,” Michael said.

“I will be planning to see him some time in the next week. Brent will be given an ultimatum. He better consider it carefully.”

They were almost ready to go back to Antonio’s place. There were just a few more things to take care of. Michael was sitting beside Vanessa holding her possessively. She melted into him feeling his love for her. She had to figure this weird thing out. What was going on? She had told herself repeatedly over the years that she was attracted to women. Only women. She was disgusted by Antonio. He never cared about her feelings. It was just after the small amount of time they spent together, she knew him and what he liked. She could do that and agreeing to be his was the only way to prevent a total sex change that his mother had in mind, or getting castrated by his step mother. But, she felt so comfortable and a strong attraction to Michael. How was this possible? Vanessa had to figure this out.

Michael said to her, “We are waiting for my brother Santino and Clemenza. I spoke to them at length about you so they know. Santino has agreed to do this. My Father has no problem with it and we will discuss it further when I meet him later today. He agreed to give you the protection of the family.”

A car pulled up and she heard them get out and come up to the front door. She saw the man that had been at the table that first day when Michael took an interest in her life. There was Santino Andolini. The eldest son of their family. He was huge and stocky. She saw a baby like pudgy face, but he had fierce eyes and a strong almost violent demeanor.

He looked at Vanessa and nodded respectfully. He saw across from Vanessa and Michael. It was very strange for him that his little brother cared for this woman so much. The way he caressed her was like a real lover. He considered this thing real. Santino didn’t understand how he could feel this way about someone like Vanessa, but the fact is that he did and was willing to put this woman under the family’s protection. That was enough for Santino to take it seriously. What bothered his brother was a matter for the whole family. Family’s honor, they support each other no matter what. “I spoke to our father at length about this and explained the situation as you said um Vanessa told you. Father has agreed to place her under the family’s protection. Vanessa,” He looked at her. “My brother explained the situation and what happened to you. I’m sorry you had to go through that. I will go with you and protect you against Antonio while we find a way to get you away from him. There will be times that I have to go do stuff. Clemenza here will take my place. Mark my words Vanessa; you will never be alone with Antonio, ever. Do you understand?”

She nodded, “Yes, and thank you for your efforts. I will make it up to you all. I promise you.”

He smiled. Vanessa knew family’s like this didn’t do things without expecting something in return. They always expected something in return. This act bound her to the family. She didn’t mind in the least.

Clemenza approached and introduced himself to Vanessa and they left. Santino told Michael to drive slower so he would get to Antonio first and explain some things to him. Michael and Vanessa decided to stay at his place for another fifteen to twenty minutes kissing and holding each other tightly before they took off.

They drove slowly and talked to each other a little more before they finally reached Antonio’s. He was much more reserved by the time Vanessa made it to his place. He looked somewhat afraid, much less arrogant. There was Santino standing beside him that may be the cause. Did Antonio have a black eye? She couldn’t be sure, but with Santino there anything was possible. He approached Vanessa warily, fear was on his face. He did have a large bruise on his eye. He said in a fearful voice, “Vanessa, dear, I won’t bother you much anymore. I won’t touch you or lay a hand on you. Don’t forget that you do have your duties tomorrow. I will be staying at my boyfriends for the night. Things won’t change much so don’t worry. Your bodyguard doesn’t scare me.” She almost laughed as he went out the door.

Santino stayed with Vanessa keeping an eye on her and they settled in after Michael left. He had to have a long discussion with his father. Vanessa did have her duties for tomorrow and then she was going to raise hell.

She spent the evening cleaning up the place a little more. The surfaces in the drawing room and a few of the bedrooms and hallways were wiped off and shined. The floors were moped and she decided to make herself some dinner. She made sure to make enough for Santino who was kind enough to stay with her to make sure she was going to be safe. He was very quiet and she couldn’t decide If that was because he was uncomfortable with her or he didn’t like her. They ate in silence and then she sat on the sofa with Santino watching television for the night. Then they went to bed. She planned on waking up early to get her daily duties done so she could leave and take care of a few things that she had planned.

She went to bed thinking about Michael and wishing he was with her for some reason.

The next day went pretty much as she planned. She Bathed for over an hour and was happy to put on some clean clothes and then she gathered up all of her dirty clothes and got Antonio’s out of his bedroom and put them in to wash. She spent the rest of the morning cleaning all of the dishes and then she washed the windows again. She spent the afternoon cleaning the multiple bathrooms, tubs and toilettes. She made Santino and herself lunch and they ate. Santino finally spoke to her, “Vanessa, why are you still doing all of this work?”

“It is my duties that I have to do.” Vanesa replied.

“But, you are now under our protection. What will he do if you don’t do your work anymore?” Santino asked.

“I don’t know,” Vanessa replied. “But until it is positive, and sure that I will soon be free of Antonio, I think it is best that I continue as if nothing has changed.”

Vanessa made her own Veal for them and he really enjoyed it. She said to Santino when he was finishing, “Santino, Can you take me somewhere?”

“Sure,” He said with a smile. “I will take you anywhere. Where do you want to go?”

“I want you to take me to the Hampton Enterprises Headquarters. I will show you where it is. I need to talk to my step brother Brent. Will you go with me?”

He smirked, having a feeling she was going to do something like this. “Sure. Let’s go.”

Vanessa directed Santino how to get to his family’s company’s offices. They had to drive nearly an hour as they made plans. She wanted to confront Brent herself and give him a chance to settle this peacefully before he took the company by force. Such a thing would probably end up destroying the company and shattering it in peaces. That would be the result of a hostile takeover. Brent was arrogant and overconfident. He would insist on doing it the hard way.

They made it to the large skyscraper that was the world headquarters of the Hampton Enterprises. They went up to the Vice President’s Office where they were sure Brent was at the moment preparing for a meeting. Their father was in Europe doing something. He left Brent in charge of it all and he was supposed to meet the stockholders in an hour. They approached his secretary and told her, “I am here to see Brent Hampton.” He changed his last name to theirs after he was adopted by his father.

“And you are,” She inquired.

“I am Vanessa Hampton.” She smiled at the other woman as her eyebrow rose in recognition.

“Well he asked not to be disturbed while he prepares to meet the shareholders. Can you come later?” The Secretary asked.

“No, I need to see him now.”

“I am sorry but you will have to wait. It is Brent’s directions.”

Santino approached and they had a brief discussion and she submitted. “Brent is in there. You can go.”

Vanessa walked in. She wasn’t sure what Santino had told the woman. But the Andolini’s had their way of convincing people. Brent was deep in thought and hardly saw his door open or someone come in. He turned to Brent’s desk and said, in a voice dripping with pure malice. “I told you long ago, Brent that I would never forgive you. I still haven’t.”

Brent nearly jumped out of his chair and his eyes flashed up to see his step sister and he groaned. This wasn’t going to be good. She never forgave him for anything. “Sister, you will have to wait, I have a meeting in an hour.”

“I don’t care; I am here now, cancel the meeting.”

“How did you even get in, I instructed Jennifer not to let anyone in?” Brent said.

“I can get in anywhere. It is my family’s company and I have ways. I am here to talk to you now.”

Brent snorted. “I doubt you have anything civil to say to me. You never did.”

“Why should I treat slime like you civil? After what you did to me and my life. You sent me to hell. Now I have returned.” Vanessa said in her voice still dripping with malice. It was totally cold and almost frightening.

“Vanessa, I never hurt you at all. I don’t know why you are blaming me. That was my mother, and your fathers deal. I did NOTHING to you. Why do you hate me,” Brent asked. “Please, understand I didn’t do any of that to you.”

“You just profited by taking my place as my father’s son, while I was destroyed and violated. Yeah, you are so innocent,” Vanessa sneered. “You just watched them abuse me. You made fun of how fast I submitted and let them turn me into a girl. You watched them make me into a slave girl waiting on your mother and those other women, even waiting on you. You thought it was funny. Then you started dating my ex-girlfriend right in front of my face and made me wait on her. You are scum.”

“I didn’t turn you into a girl,” He yelled. “Why do you hate me so much?”

“Because you let them, and made fun of me, when you could have stood up for me to your mother. If you had tried to protect me instead of enjoying it all. Our relationship may have been better. You took my place, everything that was mine while enjoying it all as your mother and those bitches from the sisterhood made me into a girl. Now you deserve to pay.”

“What do you want,” Brent said, knowing this was going nowhere. “You just come to threaten me?”

“No, I have come to give you a chance to do the right thing for once in your life. I have returned to take back what is mine. Step down as Vice President and appoint me in your place. This is your one chance to avoid what is coming.” Vanessa said, giving her step brother an ultimatum.

“You know I don’t have the power to appoint you as vice president if I step down. I can recommend you to your father and you know how that will go. He hates you.” Brent pointed out.

“You could still try and you would be rewarded.” Vanessa warned.

“You have nothing. I have this and I won’t step down. I worked hard to get here. I am even being considered for the position of CEO here when father steps down in a month. I will run the company, didn’t you get the Memo?

Vanessa just glared at him, seething. “That should be my position after what you did to me.

Brent yelled, “For the last time, I am not responsible for anything my mother did. You just want to punish me for what she did. That isn’t fair. I worked hard to get here. Nothing was given to me. Holding me responsible for what happened to you isn’t fair. You were lazy, soft and didn’t want this. I did want this.”

“I want it now, and life isn’t fair. Your mother taught me that. I was never lazy, I was just going through a bad time and had been blamed for things I never did. Now that your mother did this to me, yes I want to punish you for what your mother did. And for what you did to the women in this company.”

“That’s all a lie; I never did anything to those women. You know that too. Those women recanted everything. You just want to believe anything bad about me.” He yelled at Vanessa.

She just laughed. “I know you are subject to false accusations. You may want to think about who is behind it,” Vanessa’s face turned into a wide knowing smirk. “I have returned for what is mine. I know you didn’t hurt me, but I could have rewarded you and our relationship could have become more like supportive brothers. Just remember Brent, I tried to reason with you. Now prepare for a war. I will buy the company and sell it in pieces.” Vanessa walked out the door with Brent seething.

Brent was very upset as Vanesa left. Long forgotten memories of everything that happened between them resurfaced. He never really understood Vanessa’s total hostility toward him. He wasn’t responsible for what his mother and father did to her. There was nothing he could do about it. It was all her fault. She was lazy and was involved in narcotics. She embarrassed her father and didn’t want to follow in her father’s footsteps. Someone needed to so her father gave him his support. There was nothing he could do about their choices to feminize and do what they did to her. There was nothing he could do to help her. He was surprised when Victor told him of his mother’s plan when they went to Europe. He laughed and couldn’t believe they could force a guy to become a girl. He knew any real man would fight and never allow it to happen no matter what. He doubted it would work with Vincent. Then, he got reports from Victor and his mother that things were progressing, pictures proved that the pussy did allow his mother to transform him into a girl. If he was that weak then he deserved it. He didn’t get Brent’s sympathy. But, it wasn’t until later that he learned what they did to Vincent to make him comply and he felt bad after it was done. But it was too late then.

He had no idea what his mother had really done to Vincent when he lived there with them. He knew they had done something, but he thought if Vincent didn’t like it he would show it more and fight. There was no fighting, Vincent seemed to totally submit and almost seem happy. Except, toward him. Vincent had become frightening and menacing to him. Vincent had a way to show it, and be threatening while sounding so sweet no one could fault Vincent. Promising in a sweet voice to repay all of Brent’s kindness and love. More things like that, but the menacing look in Vincent’s eyes spoke of what the double edged meaning of those words were. And Vincent’s repeated promise not to forgive him ever. He saw some of his mother’s violence toward Vince, especially that scene to his father which got Vincent spanked by his mother. He didn’t do any of it so he thought it was unfair.

Something happened which removed Vincent from his life and he didn’t find out the whole truth until much later. The truth really troubled him and Brent had to admit, if it was done to him he would sure as hell had submitted. Vincent was brutalized, threatened and tortured. Brent would have allowed them to make him a girl if the roles were reversed. He would have had no other choice. Fighting just got him hurt really bad. He still didn’t do any of it.

Now there are these accusations but he never hurt any girl. They admitted it after a talk with his mother.

But, now Vincent has returned and he knew there was going to be a serious fight. Vanessa was cruel and she seemed to be out for blood, Brent’s blood. Vanessa blamed him for everything. He had known that a day would come when Vanessa would be free, and she would come after him. He knew that someday she would be free of what his mother did. Then she would come after him. His mother told him that would never happen. Vanessa wanted her own life and she wouldn’t want to destroy it by some vendetta. Brent knew otherwise. Her life was destroyed; everything that she had, and ever wanted to have was gone. It was taken from her by his mother. She would want to destroy him that was all that was left to do. Someone with nothing left to lose. There was nothing that would protect him.

This was worse; this was more than a person vendetta. She was coming after everything that he owned and had in his life. He suspected she would come at him with a gun someday. She had something more and he didn’t understand what angle she would try to use to take the company from him. She must have some money and people willing to help her do that. None of this meant anything good. He was responsible for the livelihoods of over fifteen thousand employees. They didn’t deserve to lose it all over this vendetta. Brent suspected that Vanessa didn’t give a damn about that.

If the roles were reversed, Brent would probably be extremely upset at Vincent for taking his place. He may be doing the exact same thing. Brent began to feel real fear.

*******

Michael was waiting outside his father’s office. It was time for him to speak to his father in person. His father Vito had insisted on personally speaking to his about this matter. He was sure his father cared about this and agreed that something needed to be done. His father was troubled about Michael getting personally and romantically involved with Vanessa. There was also the matter of Michael’s request that would involve a conservable sum of the family’s wealth and involvement that far suppressed the business deal they were negotiating with Antonio. Michael had transformed that into something for the sole purpose of freeing Vanessa. Vito reluctantly agreed with that. It has swollen into something that needed a personal discussion on. He told his assistant Tom, “Let my son in. You will stay here and give your input when needed.”

The Consigliere went to the door and called the Dons son Michael. He opened the door and walked in.

Vito began the discussion, “My son. I have went along with this deal despite my better judgment and the protests of my assistant Tom. I agreed to let you negotiate a union between our family and Antonio and Nanette’s organization despite my better judgment. When I wanted to walk away and leave it. You said it was to free this woman you wanted to help. I agreed and gave you my consent to do it. Now, it seems you want to get involved with her. This troubles me.”

“Why does it trouble you father?” Michael asked. “She is a beautiful and strong woman. And, it seems to be one of the few ways to free her.”

“How is getting romantically involved a way to free her,” Vito asked. He didn’t understand this at al. Just tell Antonio to free her as part of the deal. Why not do that?

“Because he will know I care about her. I seriously doubt he will agree to free her any other way. I told you about these women and what they do. They will pursue Vanessa if we just let her free. I need to protect her.”

“You can protect her without getting involved with her,” Vito protested.

“I love her,” Michael said. “Is this a problem with you?”

“Yes,” Vito replied. “First, she is not a woman. You and I both know it was forced. She is not a woman. You are getting romantically involved with a man. If she wanted it, and had a woman’s heart, then it would be different. You know this isn’t the case. There is also the fact that she is very troubled and hurt. You are taking advantage of that for your own needs. You have no idea how this will turn out, or if she is accepting your affection just to get free, or because she wants it. Where is this going?”

“I don’t know,” Michael said. “IF she is just accepting my affections for my support in freeing her then I will tell her there is no need. I will free her regardless. I think her feelings for me are real and I am not sure if she is really a man. It was forced; it could be what she was all along. There is no way to know until we can get her help. The fact remains that I love her. I care deeply about her and I will pursue her.”

“Even if she is a man?”

“Yes,” Michael replied looking his father directly in the eyes.

He knew arguing any further was useless when his son set his sights on something. There was no way to stop Michael. “I give you my support. I just hope that you are not hurt. You will have the power of the family behind anything you decide. Just don’t do anything stupid.”

*******

Antonio had spent three days away from the Manor, but he had to return. It was his home and he wouldn’t let anyone run him away from it. He was more respectful to Vanessa, and much more distant. He left her alone and she kept doing her duties. As long as she kept the place clean and served their meals, things would be fine. He had lovers to satisfy him in that area. He was gay anyway.

He noticed that Vanessa did her work and left him alone. She worked quicker than usual. Vanessa was done by noon and then she retired for the day. “Hey Vanessa, what do you think you are doing?” He called out in anger as she just walked away and shut her door to her room. He dared not do anything more. His outburst caught the ear of Santino who watched him dangerously. He didn’t know what was going on, but at least her work was done and the place was clean. He decided to go back to his books and recheck the figures for the Salons daily net.

He didn’t understand what was going on until over an hour later when Vanessa came out of her room. She had totally bathed and made herself stunningly beautiful. Her hair was styled in long beautiful curls. Her face was made up and she was wearing a very tight evening gown that hugged her feminine curves just right. Her heels finished off her look. He smiled, “Michael must be coming to see you.”

She smiled, “He knows how to treat a woman. You don’t, but with the company you keep, why should you know how to treat anyone respectfully. You don’t care about love; you want people to obey you just like every other person in your company.” Vanessa shot at him.

“He loves you doesn’t he,” Antonio said with a smile. It was nice to see her going through this effort for a man. “As long as it gets us what we want, I won’t fight it. There is no need to.”

A car pulled up into their driveway and there was a knock on the door. Michael was there in his usual suit waiting for her and they left. “I hope Antonio hasn’t tried to cause any trouble.”

“No,” Vanessa replied as they drove out. “He has been okay.”

“That is good because I have found the solution to our problem.” Michael said as they headed back to his place.

“What is the solution,” Vanessa asked as they continued.

“Wait for it,” He replied with a smirk. “It will work if we play our cards right. Everyone can get what they want. Antonio, You and me, and our family.”

They rode in silence the rest of the way with Vanessa wondering what was on Michaels mind. They were obviously headed to Michael’s private place. Her mind wondered to her encounter with Brent and the fear she saw on his face. That was delicious. He never frightened her even when he was acting like an arrogant ass taunting her. He was cruel. Brent was just like his mother. He never laid a hand on her, but his games and taunting her knowing there was nothing she could do, and that she didn’t want this life made Brent very complicit in it all. He deserved what was coming.

She had almost fallen asleep when Michael pulled into the driveway of his place. “We are here my love.”

They went into the place and sat down beside each other. “Now can you tell me what is on your mind?”

“Yes, you can marry me. I take you as my wife, we make that as point in our deal with Nanette and everything will be fine.”

Vanessa’s reaction was the most unexpected. Instead of a smile and happiness, she bolted up angrier than he had ever seen her. Her reaction was frightening and uninspiring. She was cursing and calling him stupid.

“Vanessa, what is wrong my love? I thought you wanted this.”

“No, not like this.” She sat down. “It isn’t that I don’t love you. It is that this is exactly what Antonio wants. Don’t marry me for him and don’t make marrying me as part of the deal.”

“What is it you want me to do?” Michael asked. “You know it is the only way he won’t fight it.”

“Michael, Listen to me. Please don’t make any deals with him. If you want me, then just take me. Marry me without any deal with him. What can Antonio do if you do that? You have your family and you fought the most brutal families in Sicily. Antonio is nothing.”

“What do you mean,” Michael knew exactly what she meant.

“Give Antonio an offer he can’t refuse. Bring Luca. But don’t give Antonio anything. Tell him the deal is off, and marry me. Propose in front of him.” Vanessa told him.

Michael was silent as she saw the wheels turning in his head. He was more than a little afraid. Then he held her and said, “I think I need to call my father about this. Wait here.” And he picked up his cell phone and went into the other room

She was left wondering if she did something wrong. Maybe she blew her chance to be free early. It was a small price to pay. Michael’s family didn’t want to be connected to Antonio’s anyway. It would be the worst thing for them.

Michael returned twenty minutes later and said, “Let’s go visit my family. The Don himself wants to speak to you.”

Now, Vanessa was afraid and there must be some problem with her request. She was only looking out for Michael’s family. An association with Antonio’s company and the cruelty and ruthlessness of the Sisterhood was the last thing Michael’s family needed. It would be the worst and the Sisterhood would undermine those men of honor and take them down. Then they would use the Family to further their power and goal of subjugating men. Even Vanessa’s life was not worth that much. She would rather die than to see something like that happen, and she had to explain that to the Don. If a deal was hinged on freeing her she didn’t want to be free. She did want Michael. She loved him, and that was why she didn’t want this deal to happen. Vanessa prepared herself to meet the great Don and explain her request to him in person. She hoped the man would listen to her.

They made it to Michael’s family place. She hoped that this would go well as Michael led her into the enormous estate of his father. He flew from his home in New York just to deal with this issue here. They wanted Antonio’s cooperation and alliance to expand their influence in this state.

The Dons estate he purchased here was massive. It looked almost like a royal palace. They passed the security and the irongate opened. They were let in and walked toward the massive thick oak door. They walked through to a massive hallway and the security lead them though several hallways until they were standing outside of the enormous door. Vanessa assumed that was the Dons private office and he was inside waiting for them. Someone called them in from the other side of the door. That voice had serious overtones of authority. It carried so much more weight of authority than Nicole ever thought that she had. Michael took Vanessa’s hand and led her into a darkened room. The Don himself sat at an extremely large desk that dominated an entire corner of the enormous office. She saw his Consigliere standing behind the great Don himself. Michael bowed his head and greeted his father respectfully and said, “This is Vanessa Hampton, she is the woman I want to marry, Father. I told you about her.”

He stood and told his son and Vanesa to sit down. The don looked like a powerful man. He looked small and from what she heard of him, the Don spoke very little and preferred to listen to what others have to say. He kept his opinions to himself. For such a small man, he had an aura of power around him. His eyes shone with a brilliant intellect. Her demeanor reminded her of a tiger ready to pounce. It didn’t look like much, sitting quite on a stone until he showed his teeth as he was leaping at you the next second when you underestimated him.

He looked at Vanessa and said, “I want to start this out by telling you that I am very concerned about you. I was very troubled when my son first came to me about how you were treated by Antonio and I gave him my support to help free you. I agreed to make that a requirement for our business deal with his salon and Nanette. We have also wanted to increase our operations in this area. Making an arrangement with Nanette and her company seemed at first like it would benefit both of our organizations. Then when my son got involved with you, and we found out what her Salon was involved with. That made me rethink the arrangement we were negotiating and I was going to order my people to break it off when my son Michael came up with this idea to continue the negotiations. We were negotiating on your behalf. Even after you told Michael everything. He came to me personally, and explained it to me and my assistant here. Now Michael tells me that you told him not to negotiate with them on your behalf. That would cancel the deal, leave you with Antonio and leave us with much wasted effort with nothing to show for it. Vanessa can you explain this to me.”

The Don seemed very upset, but he didn’t seem to understand. “It is very easy, Don. Nanette and the people she is involved with are very cruel people. To engage in business with them would be a disservice to your family and your children. They do human smuggling and trafficking in slaves. I was one of them, just one of thousands. I would rather remain a slave to Antonio than to see Michael and your honorable family get involved with that, and use your power to protect it and help spread this evil. I requested for Michael to leave me alone.”

“Do you want Michael to leave you now,” The Don asked her.

“No, but if it is contingent upon dealing with Nanette and her people then yes.”

The Don was whispering to his assistant in the back. Then he turned his attention back to Vanessa and smiled, “I agree, we will cancel the deal, now onto the other matter. I am even more troubled by your romantic involvement with Michael. There are other ways to free you. Why do you want my son to marry you?”

“Because, I love him.”

They had known each other for about four months now. That wasn’t much time to hinge a marriage on. “Are you sure it isn’t just to escape, because we can get you away from them without my son marrying you. This is something you seriously need to consider.”

Vanessa said, “I know. I want Michael to marry me.”

He shook his head, “It is too soon. And, you are a man, Vanessa. Michael isn’t homosexual.”

“But, I am not a man,” Vanessa replied.

“We both know you are a man, there is no need to hide this or deceive my son. The transition wasn’t what you wanted, because you never wanted to be a woman. You can be all swishy and feminine, but it is pretend because your soul isn’t a woman’s. So don’t do this to my son, it will not work out.”

She thought about her reply, and then she said, ”Don Vito. I think I always was a woman. I resisted and hated the transition because they used it to demean and enslave me. They wanted to make me what they wanted. I never wanted that. They corrupted what it means to be a woman. Your son showed me the truth, and I love him for it. He brings out the true woman, and what it means to be a woman. I want to reward him for his efforts and bring honor to your family. If you will allow it.”

“Michael,” Asked the Don. “Do you want to marry her?”

“Yes, father with your consent.”

He spoke to his assistant again. Then he said, “I am not so sure. If you two are serious, then take her. Follow her plan, Michael. Propose and get engaged. Give it another six months. We will move back to Sicily and see if it works out. Then you can formally marry with my approval.”

Vanessa discussed it with Michael and said to his father, “We agree. Thank you.”

“You must stay with us for the evening,” The don said to Vanessa. “We plan this out and who you want to be there.” As he left his office and invited everyone to the dining room. Connie was there doing her duties for her family. She had been busy cooking a meal for everyone. She smiled and greeted Vanessa, “Welcome to our home, Vanessa. It will be so nice to have another woman in our family and I am so happy my Brother has found someone.”

“Thank you Connie.” Vanessa said with some embarrassment.

She looked up at the people around her. There was the great Don himself. His three sons Michael, Santino and Fredo were there. Costanzia was there at the other side with her boyfriend Carlo

“I want my step mother Nicole to be there. Of course, I want Antonio and Nanette to see it all.”

He agreed and then said, “There is one condition I make before you can marry my son. We will take care of it during the engagement. You need to become an actual woman. I mean the final step.”

Vanessa looked down. This has been what she had avoided until now. “I agree.”

His step mother and those women have used feminine as something to demean and humiliate. Vanessa was going to teach them that they were wrong.

They ate and she got to know the members of the family and they left. The Don told her he was going to take care of all of the details and set everything up.

Vanessa had to stay with Antonio just for a little bit longer. She didn’t know it, but the following days had been spent in frantic preparation by the members of the Andolini family. Preparing for a engagement celebration and a proposal by Michael.

Vanessa was stuck doing her usual maids work at Antonio’s house and doing everything that she could to appear normal. Nothing out of the ordinary. She dusted everything and vacuumed the floors. The floors were mopped and she washed the dishes and clothes just like she had done every day for the past year. Antonio brought his various lovers in as disrespectful as ever. None of them were ever female. His homosexuality may account for why he had grown distant and crueler to Vanessa. He had trouble relating to her ever increasing female nature. That may be something none of them had ever counted on. Vanessa accepting it, and growing with it as if it was always meant to be. And then there was the fact that Vanessa had never given up her grudge, and saw though it all. She saw the wrongness of everything.

Everything was going right until there was a knock on the door that morning after Antonio left for work. She answered expecting to see Michael. He wasn’t to come until later, but no one said he couldn’t see her early for a brief talk or something. It wasn’t Michael at the door with his adoring smile. It was Virginia, what the hell did that bitch want. She knew better than to say that out loud. Vanessa greeted her in the usual docile manner. She looked down averting her eyes, taking the submissive posture to a Woman of the Sisterhood, “Greetings Ms. Virginia.” She had no choice but to let the other woman walk in.

Virginia walked in as if she was in complete control. She did her usual inspection of Vanessa the commented, “I have been hearing some very troubling and amusing things about you, Vanessa.”

“Oh my,” Vanessa gasp in alarm. Most of it was faked, she didn’t give a damn what Virginia heard. It would change nothing. “I hope nothing was bad, Ms. Virginia.”

“I hear; that you have found a boyfriend.” Virginia commented. “I am not sure what to think about that. It is unexpected.”

Vanessa smiled a warm inviting feminine smile. “Why would it be a bad thing, Ms. Virginia?”

“Because, you fought this transition all the way,” Virginia commented. “You insisted thought the entire thing that you were a man despite everything. You were forced to submit to Antonio and you were going to be free in about six months. Now you found yourself a steady boyfriend, all on your own and seem to be willing to commit yourself to life as a woman. I had to see if it was all true.”

“It is true. I love Michael.” Vanessa replied.

“That is good,” Virginia replied. “I am happy to see you are finally accepting your womanhood. Just remember, it changes nothing here and you have another six months here. Then you can be with your man.”

Vanessa decided to ask, “What has showed you that I am accepting my womanhood?”

“The fact that you have a boyfriend you are very happy with, and how you are being so docile and loving.”

She should had known. “So womanhood is being submissive and obedient to a man? That shows what womanhood is?”

Virginias face turned red.

“Because I know you aren’t obedient. My cruel stepmother isn’t obedient. That really isn’t what your sisterhood is about, is it. From what I have seen, you sisters are violent, cruel and very mean spirited toward others. You sisters really confuse me. You make us women and teach us to be obedient and submissive as women. When you women are anything but that.”

“You weren’t a woman,” Virginia said. “You were a man who was resisting and doing very terrible things to people.”

“You know I never hurt anyone,” Vanessa said, staring into Virginias eyes. “You know, because you were there and you helped them set me up. I never knew your intentions until it was too late and I was helpless before your cruelty.”

“But now you are a woman,” Virginia said. “None of us could have known how wonderful and successful this would turn out. Your mother would be very proud.”

Vanessa walked back for a second. Then said to Virginia, “I wonder, if you know that there was a possibility that your cruelty and malice may someday be inflicted on someone you love and deprive them of a future, because of your actions. Would you have done anything different?”

“I am not sure what you are asking, Vanessa.” She said as she approached the smaller woman. Vanessa has a fierce determined glare on her face as she stood her ground. She refused to back down “What could you do? I don’t even know what you mean.”

“You may know about my boyfriend Michael and what he is?” Vanessa asked.

“Yes,” She said darkly. She knew the power that young man wielded and the fear he invoked in others.

“Think about your sister Angela and how she would feel if everything you inflicted on me, was done to her, and you having the knowledge that you caused it all to happen. Do you think Michael could never get to her? If I asked him to do it.”

“He would never do such a thing, don’t you ever dare, you little bitch,” She snarled as she shoved Vanessa. Santino stood up and approached. Virginia backed down. “The sisterhood would…”

“What will they do,” Vanessa asked as she approached Virginia. “What can they do to me that they haven’t already? Will they be able to touch me? Are you sure Michael won’t do this if I ask?”

Vanessa saw for the first time in her life, real fear and panic in the cruel woman who held so much unlimited power over her life. Virginia backed down. “Please, Vanessa, don’t do such a thing. She is innocent, she is about to get married and have a family. Don’t you have mercy,” She asked, she pleaded in desperation.

“I am what you made me, I pleaded with you too. I pleaded to you all,” Vanessa said, darkly. Menace dripping from every word. “It didn’t affect you at all. Don’t think your pleading will help you now. Just know, you made this all happen. What will happen to her is your fault. I hope she understands.” Vanessa grinned evilly at Virginia then walked away laughing. Virginia knew there wasn’t anything she could do. This was to a large part, her doing. She had enjoyed tormenting Vincent cruelly. She had been much crueler than she had to be, but she enjoyed the power to humiliate and demean the little rich boy she had power over. She justified it to herself that he was rich and deserved whatever he got. Now, her young sister was going to pay the price.

Vanessa had to prepare for this evening and hope that everything went right. She started her preparations by bathing and cleaning herself. If this didn’t go as planned, there was little she could do about it. She prayed that this was going to be her final day at this horrible place. Either way, she knew if this went as planned that she could never be Vincent again. She had planned on becoming Vincent after she left her service with Antonio. That plan became more improbable as time wore on with Antonio with the changes he demanded in her body. It was about four months into her service with Antonio that he demanded and payed for enlarged breasts and more feminine hips in Vanessa. He didn’t want her to look like a sissy boy. He wanted her to look like an actual woman. By the time she had served Antonio for a full year, she could pass very convincingly as a woman. She still held on to the hope that she could become Vincent after her time was up. Vanessa knew in her heart that she was fooling herself. No matter what, she knew that was impossible. Perhaps with just as much surgery and hormones, she may be able to pass as a man and become Vince, but it was so unlikely she could have ever been accepted as a man after everything. Maybe she never was a man and that was why this happened. Perhaps that was why her father was so ashamed of her to the point that he wanted to make his son disappear. That was going to cost him everything.

Everyone came on time and Vanessa did her duty as if nothing out of the ordinary was going to happen. She had put on her most revealing maids outfit that proudly displayed her enlarged E cup breasts without a bra on. Her highest bright red heels with her black sheer outfit complemented look. Vanessa thought she looked very cute with her lacy maids cap on her head. She answered the door as the submissive little maid inviting everyone in with a demur curtsey. She greeted her mother Nicole, “Have a seat at the table Mother.” Vanessa said as she respectfully held her position with her eyes submissive cast down in the power woman’s presence as she had been trained to do when it all began.

“Oh, thank you my daughter.” Nicole replied in her hunty uppity tone she always took with Vanessa and went to sit down. “We will have a talk about what you said to Ginny.” She replied.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way, Mother.”

Nicole went to the table to see Michaels Brother Santino and his sister there with her fiancé there. She wondered if she could get Connie to choose. She was wealthy and she hoped that the other woman had the right attitude to join the Sisterhood. It was a long shot.

Antonio was enjoying the spectacle. As long as it got him what he wanted, he would be glad to let Vanessa go. He had been told by the Sisterhoods Council that they would approve releasing Vanessa if this deal was made. The Andolini’s support for their actions would be invaluable. They realized they had done Vanessa a great injustice. The sisterhood had been duped into believing that Vincent was a very wayward rich boy abusing his wealth, mistreating others and becoming a thug. They only realized once it was well passed correcting that Vincent was anything but that. Vincent was made the fall guy for a few drug deals that went bad. He wasn’t involved in them at all, and he didn’t even know what his friends were doing. They planted the drugs on him and laid the blame on him. There was nothing to do about it now. There were still protocols, and Vanessa had to fulfill her duties until her time ended or she was released.

Vanessa stood at the end of the table with Antonio as he expected to be offered a large business deal to sign that would cement their alliance on paper. Even Vito came with his assistant Tom and sat beside his son.

“You can begin, Vanessa, are our meals ready,” He asked as the woman curtseyed and went into the kitchen to begin serving the plates she had prepared for them to start. She went out one by one presenting the plates and drinks to her assembled guests. Then she stood silent at the door waiting for instructions as her guests ate and discussed the issues they would face. They ate and Nicole said, “This is really good, Vanessa, what is it?”

“It is Veal.” She said as she smiled. She had acquired a taste for traditional Italian food lately. She couldn’t understand why.

They finished and Vito started the discussion with his very powerful authoritative voice, “Antonio,” He said in his grave voice, “I hope you don’t take offense to this. But from what Michael and Tom have told me about your organization prohibits me from entering into any business arrangement at the time. There were some very troubling facts about your organization and Nanette’s conduct that I cannot in good faith be associated with.”

Nanette who was sitting beside Antonio said in a very offended tone, “What about us?” She asked. “What have you heard about us that is so bad?”

“I don’t mean offense,” He said in his tone. “It is just the things you do that we don’t approve of. Trafficking people, prostitution. Doing things like you did to this young lady Vanessa here. You have done it to many others. Added to that, Antonio betrayed Vincent when he asked for help escaping. I don’t want my family associated with such people. I must cease any more negotiations with you.”

“I don’t know what you heard,” Nanette nearly shouted. “But we don’t force prostitution and the things we do are consensual.” She calmed down, “And Vincent wanted it all.”

“I also don’t enter into business deals with liars,” He said as he glared at Nanette. “Nicole, Can you tell me about the Cassandra Sisterhood?”

“What,” She asked in a dangerously low voice. “What has Vanessa been telling you?” She glared at her daughter. “You will pay for these stories you are telling people.”

Michael stood up, glaring at the woman. His features resembled his father’s especially when he was angry. His presence radiated danger. They came off his body in waves of lethal energy. “You will never touch that woman again. It is time.” Michael approached Vanessa as her face spread into a wide beautiful smile. He got down on his knee in front of Vanessa and said, “Vanessa, my beautiful princess. I love you so much. Please will you marry me?” He presented her with a wedding ring.

She smiled a beautiful smile and took it. “Yes, Michael. I will gladly marry you.”

Nicole bolted up, angry herself. “How dare you. What makes you think you can do this without giving us anything? We won’t let her go and there isn’t anything you can do.”

Vito stood up, with his son Santino and Luca walked in. The short very powerful man with a reputation for sheer sadism approached. Vito said, “Antonio, Nicole, follow me please.”

It was a command that Nicole felt almost compelled to follow him into Antonio’s private office. They will never know what was said in that office. Vanessa heard screaming and some fighting. They weren’t in the office very long. Nicole and Antonio walked out. They looked very afraid. Nicole said to Vanessa, “I consent to this marriage. You can go with your fiancé. My daughter.”

“Thank you Mother,” Vanessa said.

Later that night as Vanessa was packing and preparing to leave forever. She was never returning. From what they agreed, she was moving to Sicily. Nicole approached and asked, “Vanessa, Can I have a word?”

“Sure mother,” She replied.

“What do you think you are doing,” Nicole asked.

“I am marrying the man of my life. I am cutting this enslavement short and getting free from your corruption and cruelty.” Vanessa smiled, “I will finally be free. Sorry to ruin your plans.”

Nicole laughed. “You think this ruined my plans. Vanessa, you airhead. We had planned on helping you become a man after this. Your father and I wanted you to learn a lesson in how to treat people, and responsibility. That has been achieved and we were going to help you transition into a man again. It was very doable, despite what you think. Now, you are insisting on a full transition into womanhood. You will become a woman, for life. That was really what I wanted all along.” Nicole laughed. “Free, are you kidding yourself. You are marrying a very powerful traditional family man. You will be moving in with him, in a nation with deep religious traditions. You will be his wife in a catholic nation. You think you will be free,” Nicole laughed cruelly. “You will learn the meaning of Honor and Obey.”

“I intend to, mother,” She said as she smiled. “I was always a woman. That was something you never seemed to understand. You tried to force me to become a woman that you could demean. Insisted a proper woman be submissive and demur when your sisterhood women are anything like that. That is what I never understood,” Vanessa said. “But, there are some things I wanted from my Fiancé. We will take Brent down.”

“He told me what you said to him,” Nicole replied. “I guess it is too much to ask you not to go after him. You hold your grudges very much. Even if my Brent was totally innocent of anything.”

“So was I,” Vanessa replied. “You know I was innocent. You just wanted to replace me with him in father’s eyes. That will cost you both. Now, goodbye Mother. I have a long trip to prepare for.”

******************

Vanessa’s Secret - One - Epilog:

Vanessa clung tightly to the arms of her future Husband as the plane rolled down the runway and shot into the sky. They prepared for an almost fifteen hour flight from New York to Rome. Vanessa kissed Michael as they lay back falling asleep. She read the paper for a while and saw the headline, “Brent Hampton found shot in his office on the eve of his appointment as CEO of Hampton Enterprises.”

She read the article “Authorities suspect it has to do with the impending investigation on insider trading and embezzlement of company funds. Several rivals are being investigated as suspects.” Vanessa smirked as she shut her eyes.

Her phone rung and she answered it. It was Virginia. Her voice was in a panic, “Vanessa, where is Angel. I know you did this you bitch. Tell them to let her go.”

“My dear, you never let me go. I have nothing to do with this. Now let me sleep.” She clicked off the phone.

Several scores had been settled. There were more to come.

Authors Note: This ends this tale, but I may continue it later into the marriage and how Vanessa deals with her new husband and new family in a totally new culture.

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh yes, definitely continue

Oh yes, definitely continue this story plot. It is an enthralling story to read and very well written. Thank you for it.

I can see Vanessa wanting

I can see Vanessa wanting revenge on Virginia but you would think that she would stop short of doing to Angel what was done to her if she was truly innocent and didn't deserve it. otherwise it makes her awfully hypocritical when she was talking to the Don about honor.
Or did she just hide her away to torment Virginia and shes actually safe and sound , like maybe on a all expenses paid holiday with her fiancee on a private island that she got an offer for if they left immediately