Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2735

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2735
by Angharad

Copyright© 2015 Angharad

  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
@@@@@

“She hasn’t got the courage to go to school as a girl?” Livvie asked Trish.

“Not yet, I tried to encourage her but she was too much of a scaredy cat.”

“Perhaps her school is a scary one?”

“Dunno, it’s over the other side of Portsmouth.”

“So what else did she say?” the voice was definitely Livvie’s.

“That she thought I looked like a normal girl and she wished she was me.”

“You are a normal girl,” declared Livvie.

“Thanks, sis.” There was a pause so I think they might have hugged for a moment, they do at the drop of a hat, which I think is sweet.

“So are you gonna see her again?”

“Dunno, don’t think Mummy was too impressed with her or her mother.”

“But you told her you could turn her into a girl?”

“Yeah, no prob.”

“So how can you do that if you don’t see her again?”

“I gave her my mobile number.”

“She gonna call or text you?”

“Don’t mind, but I’ll tell her what to do an’ if she can get to town, we can meet her and show her what to do.”

“That could be good fun—wasn’t fair, you knew how to be a girl when I first met you, I s’pose Mummy showed you how to do it?”

“She helped a bit, but I done most of it myself. I knew what to do, an’ I can teach Charlotte to be one too.”

“Yeah, with my help too.”

“I could do it on my own, you know.”

“Yeah, I know, but it sounds like fun turning a boy into a girl.”

“She’s a girl already, just don’t know how to act like one yet—but she will.”

“Because we’re gonna show her how.” It sounded like they high fived, then giggled. I wasn’t sure what to do now, except stop her trying to run somebody else’s life. While she could undoubtedly assist Charlotte to transition if that’s what the child wanted, I had no intention of letting her dragoon someone into it irrespective of whether they wanted to or not. Somehow I have to get through to her that other people make their own decisions, we don’t do it for them and that child was some distance from transitioning at present. To do it before she was ready would risk two things, make life difficult now because lots of people would see a boy in a dress; second, it could put her off doing it later, when she might be ready, if she gets lots of negative feedback in the form of teasing or abuse now.

Why do we have to have genders? As a biologist I’d say because we propagate by sexual reproduction which means we share DNA and hopefully improve the gene pool. It’s what we’ve done for forty odd thousand years if not longer and most of the time it works quite well.

However, homosexual people and transgender folk are often blind alleys in evolutionary terms as we are less likely to reproduce, though some gay relationships are now becoming parents as society softens its attitude a little.

I heard a heart-warming story recently of a young person who went from girl to boy aged twelve. The school was very supportive and possibly because of the way they handled it, it seemed everyone was happy to accept the new boy, who will use the boys’ changing rooms and so on. To think how my life would have developed if the same sort of support had been shown to me, then again, I might not have met Simon and my life might have been less secure and fulfilled.

I got the children to bed and read to them—something I hadn’t done for a few days. I wondered how I could get Trish to say something about Charlotte, who I could then ask about and see what she has to say about things. I would need to tread carefully or I won’t get an honest answer, instead she’ll try and please me.

In bed I related to Simon what I’d heard between Trish and Livvie. At first he was amused at how they were setting up a business to turn boys into girls. When I challenged it he laughed telling me they were obviously following my model. I didn’t find that funny and got out of bed and went downstairs. I sat shivering in the kitchen with a cup of tea in front of me. After ten minutes he came down and apologised.

“Do you know how many times I’ve been accused of that?”

He shook his head.

“I’ve lost count, but it must be double figures. It really hurts to hear it said by someone who professes to love me.”

“I said I sorry, babes—it was just a joke.”

“I’m going to say this once more, the only boy I turned into a girl was me. The others have all done so because they wanted to, except possibly Danielle, who was tricked and mutilated; but even she seems to have settled down in the role—for the time being anyway. Probably because she wanted to play for England more than she wanted to be a boy.”

Simon winced, “How could anyone feel like that? It makes me shudder to even contemplate it.”

I shrugged, “I think some of it is about living with your limitations. She learned after surgery that she was unlikely to ever have a functioning penis again but that she had a vagina and clitoris which could convey some sexual feelings—although much of that happens in the head not the groin.”

“I thought you said David had some sort of willie.”

“It’s not going to compare to the real thing is it, any more than my vagina is as good as a home grown one?”

“So why bother?”

“Half a loaf is better than no bread at all. I can make love to you and get some enjoyment from it, so it was worth it; plus I never felt any attachment to what was there before.”

“Not even as a teenager when most kids are pulling their puddings two or three times a day?”

“I touched it to wee or wash it.”

“That was all?”

“That was all.”

“You really were a girl, weren’t you?”

“At that stage no, I didn’t know what I was or what was to become of me.”

“Until Stella burst into your life?”

“I’m talking long before Stella. When I was in nursery I realised boys and girls were different and I was in the wrong group.”

“How did you know that?”

“I had a winky as my mother called it...”

He snorted.

“Look if you’re just going to laugh at me you might as well go to bed.”

“What about you?”

“Not just yet.”

“I’ll wait then—tell me about this winky and when you discovered that girls didn’t have one...”

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
246 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

yay

off to melbourne this morning and got my bit of bike before i go.

still loving this story, thanks

Looking back

At some stage in life, one must try to forget the past. All we can do is to try to move on and make the best of it.

G

A Couple Of Interesting Questions

Why do we have two genders?
I'm no biologist, but I gather that sexual reproduction creates combinations of genes more likely to provide defence against diseases.

Is homosexuality an evolutionary blind alley?
It doesn't seem to have affected the hundreds of species that exhibit homosexual behaviour. One example is the variety of swan where a male pair 'lure' a female into the nest, then drive her away once she's laid her eggs. The males are better equipped to protect their young, and consequently more survive.

Ban nothing. Question everything.

I think Cathy is wrong on one point,

Charlotte needs friends, desperately. Trish is a bit bosy as many girls are, but she and Lizzie could be good friends to a lonely child.

I envy the kids who know young, as I was around 11 when I became aware of it. I don't think it would have made much difference in my case, but who's to say?

Simon is trying to treat a curable condition, ignorance. I hope Cathy understands that.

I believe that Cathy should

I believe that Cathy should support Trish and Livvie in their actions regarding Charlotte and turning her from a boy to a girl physically. They know that in her mind she already is a girl. If Charlotte has known for sometime that she is in fact a girl, then she needs all the help she can get from any source that can give her good help
.

Cathy's right of course

Podracer's picture

on one important matter. If Charlotte hasn't had a competent assessment then Trish dragging her into full girlish might not be what she needs. C'mon Cathy, give Dr. C. a call for advice. You could let slip the leash on your young advisers at some later date if appropriate.

Oo! Sun's out here, I'm off work - time to check the tyres and pedal a bit.

"Reach for the sun."

One day Simon

may remember that Cathy can sometimes be less than enamored with his sense of humour .... One day !!!

Kirri