Rules Are Rules: 35. Half-Apples

Printer-friendly version

Denise and I both stayed out of school on Friday. I had my tea with me, and made sure I didn't miss my daily cup. By now I had breasts like little half-apples, and no longer needed padding to fill my bra. They weren't big breasts, but they were mine, and I hoped the tea would keep them growing.


Rules Are Rules


35. Half-Apples

 

My aunt had her arm around me a lot that day. I was still in shock. I'd never seen a dead person, let alone touched one. Is there any disease you can catch from touching a dead person? My skin crawled. I washed my hands a dozen times, but I could still feel that cold, clammy skin and see those open, empty eyes. I couldn't get his slack-jawed face out of my mind.

We met up with Alice and Denise at the hospital. I don't know why the ambulance had to take Mr. Bruce there at all. I mean, he was already dead! But I didn't dare say anything. An autopsy was going to be done; the police came to ask me and Alice questions, and they wrote down everything I said. Poor Alice! She looked so pale and small, and she didn't even react when the tall policeman mistook her for the high-school girl who'd found the body.

I did a lot of sighing.

The four of us stayed together. We went back to Alice's house, and helped her make phone calls. Each of us ran home briefly to get pajamas and overnight bags. While I was there, I called my mother and told her what happened. She asked me to call her back before I went to bed.

Denise and I cooked dinner while Aunt Jane helped Alice get through plans and papers. Several times Alice broke down, and once she ran from the room to sob alone in her bedroom for an hour. Aunt Jane kept plowing through, making calls, checking things off a list.

"How old was he?" I asked Denise softly.

"Fifty-three," she said. "Alice is thirty-one, like me and your aunt."

"Wow," I said.

"Yeah," Denise said. "Twenty-two years difference. She was twenty-one when they got married, so they've been together ten years. They were a nice couple too. He was never as rough and tough as he pretended to be." She smiled. "He was a big old pussycat, and he was nuts about Alice. They were crazy about each other."

"They never had kids," I observed.

"They tried. Alice had two miscarriages. Don't mention that or children, if you can help it."

"Okay," I promised.

After dinner, Denise insisted I help her clean and organize the refrigerator and freezer. I soon saw why. People kept stopping by, dropping off meals. Denise kept a list of who brought what, of which container or dish had to be returned, and she sorted the foods into fridge or freezer. "No more cooking for a while," she said.

Denise and I both stayed out of school on Friday. I spent a good part of the day cleaning the house. I had my tea with me, and made sure I didn't miss my daily cup. By now I had breasts like little half-apples, and no longer needed padding to fill my bra. They weren't big breasts, but they were mine, and I hoped the tea would keep them growing.

Alice sat or wandered around, pale as a ghost. Periodically she'd hug me and dig her head into my shoulder, soaking me with tears. I wasn't sure what to do or say. I just held her.

Aunt Jane kept finding papers that needed doing, people who needed notifying. She was constantly adding and crossing things off a big list, making phone calls. Most of the time she'd say she was Alice, so Alice didn't have to talk. At one point Jane mentioned to me (while rubbing her red eyes) that she was pushing to get as much done as possible before the weekend, when offices wouldn't be open.

For lunch, we ate some eggplant parmesan that someone had brought. The eggplant was kind of crunchy, but we ate it anyway. It didn't taste very good, but it filled us up. After lunch, Jane sent me to make some copies, buy some stamps, and send some letters. I also had to send some faxes from the copy place. I'd never done that before, so the copy guy helped me. He was tall and gangly, with long spidery fingers.

While the fax machine was making noises and doing its thing, he asked, "Skipping school today?"

"Kind of," I replied.

He nodded. "A bad girl, huh?" I realized then that he was hitting on me.

"No, I'm a good girl."

"Ah." He nodded again, with a knowing look. "And being good takes practice, right?"

I grabbed the documents. "Is this finished now?"

"Yeah," he replied. "All you have to do is pay." We walked to the cash register.

"How much is it?" I asked.

"Your phone number," he replied.

"What?"

"Your phone number," he repeated.

"Um, look," I said. "I'm way too young for you, and anyway I already have a boyfriend."

"Okay," he said. "No harm in trying. Your total for the copies and the fax is $2.16."

After I paid, he said, "When you outgrow your boyfriend, come on back. You know where to find me."

"Sleezeball," I muttered when I reached the sidewalk.


Alice stood or sat, unmoving, looking like a little lost girl. We took turns hugging her, making her tea, and listening to her talk incoherently about Donny. I tried to take her for a walk, but she cried every couple of steps, so we turned back.

Aunt Jane pulled out every document in the house and went through it, organizing Alice's affairs. I thought this was kind of pushy of Aunt Jane, but Mr. Bruce had handled all the finances, and Alice had no idea of what was what. Jane made several lists: the monthly bills, bank and other accounts, debts, insurance, everything. On Friday she had managed to get most of it changed into Alice's name, or at least got the process going. On Saturday she figured out what money Alice would be getting from insurance, pension, and so on, and she worked out a budget. I was pretty impressed.

"It's a lot of work when somebody dies!" she told me, when we were alone for a moment. "Thank God Donny kept good records!"

"Are you almost done?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I'm doing what I can now. A lot will come up in the months ahead. Plus she's got to learn how to do it herself."

The wake was set for Monday evening, and the cremation for Tuesday morning. Aunt Jane told me I'd be in school Monday, but I'd get out Tuesday. She asked if I minded staying at Alice's house for the week. "To get all these days off, I had to take some night shifts. After the funeral I won't be able to be here, but Alice isn't going to want to be alone for a while."

Of course I agreed.

up
210 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very touching…

…and sad but in a nice touchy-feely sort of way.

A good chapter, Kayleigh, and Marcie's breasts seem to be expanding quickly. I hope she stops the tea before she needs horse cups.**

Hugs,
Gabi

** Gee-gee! (groan)

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

#35 rules are rules

verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing
[email protected]

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing

GGs! Poor Girl…

…it's bad enough having DDs, but GGs! Help!

Hilary

Um

erin's picture

What's wrong with having GG's? :) Besides the back pain and hitting them on car doors?

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Um GG top ten.

GG's

You could survive the sinking of the Titanic, and never get your hair wet.

NO one would ever slam a door in your face again.

Matching socks become a non-issue, because they are other peopole's problems...

You could be one of the few man-made structures visable from space...

 
 

I can see some advantages, Erin, but by hitting them on car doors, I assume
you mean other peoples car doors!

For me, I can only say this.

I still believe the sexiest thing on any woman is a slight smile on her
lips, matched with a come-hither twinkle in her eye.

My close friends thing that's unfathomable, while I think they are just
really simple creatures.

Sarah Lynn

Man-made ?

I don't think breasts gotten by drinking tea qualify as "man-made". It's not like some medical person played stuffing the turkey with you to get the effect.

Also while I never did research about it, I'm convinced that natural GG breasts are very rare. On a person who's biologically male it would be the next best thing to a miracle. On the other hand, this is a fictonal story where miracles happen a lot more.

Personally I'd never want breasts bigger then C-cup, but I guess people really are different.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

GG's

Oh and don't forget smacking people in the jaw if you turn round too quickly . . .

More splendid stuff Kayleigh, thanks

NB

Jessica
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Things begin and things end

I think this is a very good chapter. Marcie gets to see what many women do in a crisis, some morn and some get down to business.

I hope when the last chapter is posted, that it might be posted complete. This is a very good read.

Love,

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

another great chapter...

Kaleigh:

Amother great chapter!!! Half apples are good sized for a boy!! I hope someday soon, Marcie will be at a pool in a bikini. (I have one, but we have a pool at our house.)
Death happens to all, my great granddad is sick. My dad said if he live through '08 he'd be surprised.

TGSine --

TGSine --958

Rules

Touching and sent a very real life test.

Thank you, Kaleigh

Sarah Lynn

Marcie is growing

Angharad's picture

in all senses! Well written Kaleigh.

Angharad

Angharad

I wish I'd had some of that Tea. :(

Gwen This poor kid has to grow up so fast. I am afraid that I'd be a basket case right now. Poor Alice, I know how it is to suddenly have "the one who took care of everything", suddenly gone. No takers on the job either. Maybe Jane will take her clubbing when things settle down.
Gwen Brown

children

In my experience children are usually a lot more resilient then people want to give them credit for. Of course their world would be shaken when an important caretaker is suddenly gone, but I believe they'd recover faster from it then adults. That's in general terms of course: there are always execptions.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

crying tears for Alice

I must say I am sadden by Alice's loss of her spouse I know how much of a wreck I was when my spouse passed on .. my heart hurts and tears are flowing for her I like Alice alot and hope for better times ahead for her and I hope for some Big sister little sister time for Alice and Marcie and could they turn into more than friends and sisters ?? with Marcie spending so much time alone with Alice ??????

tea and other thoughts

gee what kind of tea is this. it works faster than normal hormone replacement therapy. if she could keep getting the tea it could replace HRT. she wouldnt need to see a doctor lol.

if she runs out of the tea, will the affects disappear?
THe scene in the with the copier was quite troubling. Theres clearly a sicko there.
Alice will need alot of support now.

tea from the mall ?

Maybe the tea came from a shop that suddenly appeared in the mall one day and can't be found now any longer ? Or it was bought at a well known water recreation park ?

I believe most readers will know the references. Those who don't know really should look around more :P

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Tea

Well, this comment is six years late, OH WELL, I just discovered this story & enjoy it alot.

I'm worried tho about comments on the "TEA" and being happy she is still drinking it knowing -
1. her aunt gave her a stern warning NOT to do such
2. what her parents will do when someone discovers she has breasts
I don't believe her farther will kill her, but he definately was taking it hard that he's lost a son and gained a daughter, then dicover she's just climbed a wall and could have seriously gotten hurt. If my kid that w/o some warning I'd be slow to warm up to idea & I'm TG myself. Ive a feeling what I just mentioned will get hit later on in story. I just needed to get it off chest, especially point #3 below

3. REALITY CHECK - I've lost three people to death because of self medicating on misc. Hormones. 1 to blood clots - 2 to thrombosis (sp?) taking hormones w/o proper DR. monotoring is playing russian roulette.
That being said my beginnings on HRT was self inflicted and I dang near caused my thyroid that was starting to cause problems on it's own to really flake out. Not to mention the flack I got from my DR over it. Luckily it was caught early. I really hate to think my quest to correct my gender back then dang near killed me too.

REALLY FOLKS - PLZ don't be stupid like me and others like myself. Do it right and become whom you are a safe way. I dont want to goto any more funerals over fools errands.

Back to story. YES - I know writer liberties on hormones, magical herbal tea, etc. BUT in real life, THINK TWICE before indulging - your GOAL is change gender, gain da boobies, and continue life a bit more happily, not make more medical misery for oneself.

IF just one person later on reads my comment, and, gets DR. assist. I'll sleep better I may have caused pause

grief

is such a personal thing. but they are doing their best for Alice

DogSig.png