When tales come true Chapter 17

Printer-friendly version


When tales come true

Chapter 17

Fall Quarter


magefemale.jpg

(I know I posted this would not be up for a week or more but things worked out and here it is Enjoy)

It was just four days left till the start of the fall term. This will be the first time I will be going to school as the real me. Eric was a good smokescreen. Now I have left him behind. I wont be the Grand Mage or the Princess I'll just be Ember the schoolgirl This is a first for me. Now I wont have an excuse to not make friends or get involved in my classes. This is going to be my greatest challenge.

Ben came in to my den and said "Your thinking too much. It is late lets go to bed. You can get ready more tomorrow."

I smiled "Your right the future is not written yet. We still have a few more days till we have to part for the week. Let's make the most of them." We went upstairs hand in hand.

The next morning the Six and Darla met to talk about the rumors at school. While we talked we made sure our clothes were ready for school. I had a problem. I didn't have the schools uniform. Well not the girls one. I looked over the others in there uniforms and Tested the fabric. I could do this I checked and we had the right type of fabric. So I set to making myself a few sets. After several bad attempts I found I was not good at weaving regular fabric. I was weaving a little bit of crystal while thinking and it came to me. I didn't have to use the same fabric. I could just imitate it in crystal weave. After several tries I had the skirt fabric down and made ten skirts. Then came the blouses they were easy they were silk easy to fake. Ten of those. Blazers took me a bit but got it down five of those. Cardigans five of them and I had ten uniforms done. lingerie I had but I did copy some to make more. Free time clothes and gym clothes were done I looked up and I had used up three days. I leave for the school tonight. I had my bags packed and was missing Ben already. He had left an hour ago for his school.

The girls and I were chatting when Darla and Helen came up. Helen said "All ready for school? I wish you well. I know if you do to that school what you did to Sanctuary you will rule the place!"

Darla smiled "You all will do wonderfully. Just watch out for rumors and bad boys!

We got ready. We were going through the Headmasters mirror when few would be there. He and Ms. Teller were going to get us through without trouble. We hope. We stepped through the mirror into the office to find more people there than should be. Ms. Bell and Ms. Teller was there and two women I did not know. I looked at the Headmaster for answers. He said We needed more people in the know to keep you and the others safe. This is Mrs. Randalf and Mrs. Ray. They are good women who have worked for me for years.

I nodded to the women. I said "How much do they know?" I really wanted to strangle him but that would not be good.

He said "I have mentioned your rank and that of your sister. I have confirmed that the Tangents were indeed taken out by your orders. That is all right now." I really wanted to slap him. Does he know nothing of security? Angel seen I was about to say something unkind and put her hand on my arm.

Ms. Ray said "I am a history teacher here and I can tell you that there are more from Crystalis and other worlds than any one person here knows." She smiled "I am from Crystalis myself but moved over when I married." It was plain that the Headmaster did not know this.

Angel said "Then You know the Queen of Crystalis? Her complete name?"

Mrs. Ray said "Of course it is Aslina Delnora Del La Skyflower, Queen of the Great Hall of Crystalis but those that are close to her call her Aslila. I am her cousin. Why do you ask?" That went well, rile her up.

Angel said "My name is Aslita Angelica Del La Skyflower, Princess of the Great Hall of Crystalis and Queen of Sanctuary!"

Mrs. Ray paled a bit then Curtsied as far as she could. "I am honored to meet you Your Majesty. When was the last time you were in the Great Hall I miss it so?"

Angel looked at her then smiled. "I last stood in the Great Hall on the night of my and my sisters fifteenth birthday. I did not stand there as a mere princess But a full Queen the equal of my Mother. It was a glorious evening!"

Mrs. Ray said "Sister, Your Majesty I thought you a only child?" She frowned. "At least that was what the family was told?"

Angel looked away "My sister was born a few moments after me. She was whisked away in to hiding to keep her safe from those that would do our line harm. We told no one not even her till just a few months back when we were reunited. Now we stand together to Rule Sanctuary. For She is a powerful Mage. She is Ember Rose Del La Silver Skyflower-Starstone, Princess of the Great Hall of Crystalis, Lady Grand Mage Of Sanctuary, Granddaughter of the Archmage, Daughter of Queen Aslila, Sister of Queen Angel, and wife to Count Ben Starstone, Leader of the Six and Creator of Crystal Dragons."

I looked at the Headmaster "You know my name and titles keep getting longer every time I hear it. If I ever need to write it all out it will take a whole sheet of paper."

He looked at me "Really all those are you? Sounds more like four or five people to me." I liked how he was playing along. I was trying to take a little wind out of Angels sails.
Angel turned and growled at me "You are taking all the fun out of this Little sister." She turned back to Mrs. Ray "Well those are her name and titles. To look at her you think somebody pulled a switch with a doll." She turned her head and crossed her eyes at me. I just laughed. Mrs. Ray just looked perplexed. "Well those are our real names and titles but for our time here we are going by Angel Flower and Ember Rose Flower no titles."

Just then a portal opened on the mirror though it was a small portal. In dove a very excited Cryss followed by the brood minus Misty. The dragons went up to their people and snuggled. The portal closed. I looked at Cryss and gave her my best vexed mom stare and said "Cryss what in the blue blazes are you and the young ones doing here?! I should paddle your Crystal behind! We talked about this. You can't come to school with me." Cryss dropped a note in my hand.

It read "Danger, Cryss must stay with Mother."

I looked at Cryss "You wrote this! You are creating danger by trying to stay!"

The Headmaster tried to keep from laughing and soon the whole room was soon in gales of laughter. When the room calmed down the Headmaster said "You know this might be a good test to see if the school can accept the magical world."

I said "What do you mean these are Dragons you know. They fly and breath fire and all that."

He said "Tell them they are a genetically created new kind of pet. That you six are testing. That would work." The girls were giving me the sad kitten eyes.

I gave in "OK, there is only so many sad eyes a person can take. They can stay but no fire! I have to draw the line somewhere." I looked at Cryss "Who opened the portal for you?" Cryss preened her wings. She was not talking. I though up my hands and walked into the corner to mutter to myself for a bit. After the Dragons were introduced we got ready to move out. We left for the dorm without being seen.

After we got to our room I began to put things away. Cryss found a perch and went back to preening. After I finished putting all my stuff away I used the mirror to link with Darla. Darla answered right away "Yes oh Ember it is you good the Dragons are missing. I can't find them anywhere. I am worried that something happened to them."

I sighed "You can rest easy I know where all of them are. It seems that Cryss has been hiding some abilities. One is to open a small portal in a mirror. She is sitting a few feet from me. The others have their dragons." Darla wiped her face. "Nothing will keep them there so we will keep them here. I will think of something to tell the other students. you will be down a bit on defense but then the dragons have only fought once for Sanctuary."
Cryss made this pfttt sound. "Ok, Cryss has done much more. Have Vanessa begin working with the combat mages to up their skills. I want them all to know fire spells. Watch for new tricks from the raiders. I don't think they have given up. let's see no I think that's it. You have a good night and a better tomorrow."

Darla smiled "Good night Princess do us all proud at school." She broke the link. I got into my nightgown and started brushing out my hair. There came a knock at my door. I put on my robe and opened the door. There was three girls I did not know.

I said "Yes, may I help you?" They all were looking at my hands.

One said "You see I was right that is a Crest Ring."

Two said "That isn't any crest I've seen. Are you sure?"

Three said "Look at here other hand that's a wedding ring or at least a engagement ring."

All three said "No Way! How Cool."

I decided to head this off at the pass. I said "Yes that is a engagement ring. I am betrothed to a fine man. And yes that is a House Crest Ring what of it?"

One said "So cool are you a noble then? I was told only Nobles wear Crest Rings. Will you tell us your title? oh please!"

Two said "Must be a small house if I haven't heard of it."

Three elbowed two "Don't say that. I think it is cool. Will you tell us?

I said "Oh very well I am a Countess of one of the house of Starstone." Well that was true sort of. "Now I think that you seen me coming into the dorm right?" They nodded "Well I would think it wise that you remain silent about what you have learned. Here I am just a schoolgirl. Now if there is nothing else, I am going to bed now." I waited a moment then closed the door. That was interesting. Well if I play up the Countess angle I might keep them from finding out my other titles. There was a tap at my door I smiled "Come in Angel.

She did after closing the door she smiled "That was a very unusual conversation I heard just now. So Countess is it?"

I shrugged "I gave them something so they would not dig any longer. Give a little to conceal a lot. I will probly be Countess to the whole dorm by morning. Do you have a lower rank you can use as a smokescreen?" I smiled at her.

She shrugged "Several from the lesser places. Now that I think of it I have one from your hubby's house. There I have a title of Lady of the wild wood. Just a little less than a Countess. But then I have had it since I was six. I will think on it."

Ember said "One more thing to thank my husband for." That was just a little tease. I smiled Angel waved good night and headed to bed. I washed up and got in bed. Sleep did not come easy I missed Ben. Quite late I finally fell into a light sleep.

First light through the window woke me from my sleep. I was still quite tired but sleep would not come again. So I laid there and thought on my life and the turns it has taken lately. I found one thing to be true, since Jenny went though the mirror the first time my life has had the speed of a out of control freight train. I just hope I don't end up like most of those trains do. I looked over at the clock. It was time to get up and ready for my first day of school.

The Six met and headed to the cafeteria together. The Dragons came along whether I wanted them to or not. This of course caused all sorts of problems. All the girls had got some crystal chips form me for their Dragons so the Dragons had their breakfast too. I was testy but said nothing. The Headmaster came over and said "I am sure you all remember that your pets are to make no trouble during class or we will stop this test right away. Do you understand me?" We all said yes and he left. Cryss was looking at me for another chip and I gave her one without thinking.

I looked at Cryss "That's it till lunch Cryss, I mean it." Those three girls from last night came over to our table.

One said "Ooh, Special pets for the Second years huh? How did you rate that?"

Two said "The head did not seemed to care. How nice for you Countess."

Three said "No one else gets pets why you?"

The headmaster came back in from the kitchens and heard the threes questions. He said "It is a special project by Lady Embers Mother's company and the school. A test these six volunteered for the testing. If it goes well with these six, We may expand the project to a larger group of second years. I will hear no more about it." He shooed away the pests.

I said to Angel "Did you see it. I think we just found the Tangents new plan." Angel nodded. The others looked at me for a explanation. "The all were wearing a stylized T on their collars. Those three are working for the Tangents. Here my guess is to cause trouble. The headmaster was still standing there looking around for trouble. turned at that and smiled and left. I was sure to check into those three. We got up it was time for the opening ceremonies.

The only thing about the opening Ceremonies was once they were over with we would not have to go through that till next year. Of course everyone was looking at the six of us with our Dragons on our shoulders. We were kind of hard to miss. One thing that I did not like is that the Headmaster during the announcements told the same lie about us and dang it named me again. No way I am going to fly under the radar this year! finally it was over and classes started. I had History wit Mrs. Ray First. All the six had that class. Then I had Women's studies again with Mrs. Ray. Angel had that with me but the others did not. Next I had Mrs. Randolf for home economics. Angel was with me again. Then lunch was ate. Back to Mrs. Randolf for Sex Ed. I took that on the boys side last year now I am getting the girls side. All the Six had that one. We had math with Ms. Bell. That is Angel and me. Art was next with Ms. Bell. All six in that one. Last was study hall with Ms. Teller. Just Angel and I again. That rounded out my classes for the day. I did not have Gym class this quarter. That I liked. I did note that all my teachers were in the know. That could come in handy at some time. I also noted that Angel and I had all our classes together.

Well the first day went fine up till study hall. There was only ten students in study hall and I recognized eight of them as ones that were among the Taken. Every one of them wore a Crest Ring. Fully half of the Taken were here. This was a set up if I ever seen one. They were all looking at me and Cryss and to some lesser amount Sie. After the door was closed I slipped in a white noise spell so no one outside this room could hear what we are saying. I sighed and stood up "Looks like you all recognized me an Cryss and maybe Sie. Lets talk about this."

One girl stood and asked directly "My name is Illana. It is true then You are the Mage that led the attack that freed us? You and that Dragon but she was much bigger then?"

I smiled "Yes, I am. You can call me Lady Ember. That was a good day, we took the compound with Only three deaths and that was on their side. We walked away with the rings they stole and twenty of the Taken. Sixteen were from this school. I see you all have portal rings again." Ms. Teller smiled at that and wrote something down.

Illana looked at her hand and smiled. "Yes our rings were returned to us. The other eight of us also got their rings back. May I ask why you rescued us? Doing that put your people in danger." She paused like something came to her "Don't tell me it was not us you were after it was the rings that you wanted? Getting us back was a bonus wasn't it?"

I sighed "I wont lie to you the Tangents having so many rings put many people in danger. When I found out what happened I set things into motion to get the rings back, take out their mages and find the Taken. After all of you were out of there and the tangents had run away I released the Dragons on the place. I must say I broke Quite a few things myself." I grinned at that. "In the end we got all of our wants fulfilled. With like I said no loss of life on our end."

Another girl Said "My name is Sara. I don't care what you were after! You got us out of a very Bad place! In that book that makes you tops. I will do whatever you need."

The two boys in the room stood . "I am Brian, He is Dirk our swords are yours for the asking." They bowed.

I nodded. The other four stood and said there names Kelly, Millie, Samatha and Cathrine. I nodded to them all. "Now that's out of the way I do need to you to do some things for me. Two things one is to listen and report any unusual rumors going around, Two There are students wearing a stylized T on their collar, I need to know who they are. These people are dangerous so just report who they are and keep away."

Sara said "A T, you don't think they are working for the Tangents?"

I said "It is a good possibility. We are checking on that. All I know at this point is that they are trouble. That means stay away if you can and take everything they say with a grain of salt." I looked at the clock it was time for classes to be over. Ms. Teller dismissed the class. We all headed out to the dorms to change.

Crossing between buildings Angel an I were stopped by four big boys. Two in front two in back. Ambush! Yep all of them had the T. I was not sure how we were going to get out of this without using magic? The boys in front moved apart to let a girl in. She was a very stunningly beautiful girl.. I detected the glimmer of a Illusion. She Said "Well Countess will you com along willingly or do we need to drag you?" That's it no more Miss Nice mage! Quickly I thought up a wind spell combined with a rock spell.

I smiled "None of the choices seem to be good ones. So I will have to Decline." I cast the spell. Then there was wind rushing through the little area we were in. The wind was carrying four rocks. Down went the big boys out cold. The girl was too busy trying to keep her skirt down than watch what happened to the boys. When she noted that she was the only one standing on their side she went pale. I stepped up to her and stripped her illusion away. Without the illusion she was a rather plain mousy type of girl. She started crying. "You should never rely on illusion better to change one self through normal means." Angel and I walked on. The headmaster and several security personnel were headed towards the area we just left. He glanced at me and I nodded. Trouble just seemed to find me no matter what I do.

After changing the Six came to my room to talk about the first day. Angel said "With the tangents here using students we need to do some thing." That is when I felt it. A massive buildup of magic. Some one was casting a huge spell!

Cryss screeched "PORTAL!" I knew she was right. I tried to find where it was but it kept coming up EVERYWHERE! It was a truly huge spell. Then I realized that some force was trying to port the whole school! As I felt the portal open and the school begin to port I decided to try something very dangerous. I called for all of the six to clasp hands in a circle with the dragons. Then I drew out all the magic including magic from the portal to not stop the porting but to change where it goes to! The ice cavern was my choice. I cast!

I don't know how long I was out but when I woke everyone was laying sprawled on the floor. Even the Dragons were out. I pulled myself over and checked the others. Every one was ok just sleeping. I went to the window and looked out. There it was, We were in the Ice cavern not far from Sanctuary. I pushed back to the others and woke them. By the clock it had been fourteen hours since we hijacked the portal. We had a lot to do. I had never heard of a portal that big ever working.

The next four hours were spent trying to help get everyone awake and accounted for. Twenty two students and five staff were unaccounted for. That made one hundred and three students and fifty five staff. I sent Jessie and Tara to Sanctuary for help. There were some injuries but nothing we could not cope with. We gathered all the students and staff in the gym. It was crowded but It was easier to tell them what happened all at once. We made a sort of stage to speak from. I looked at Angel "Well you or me who tells them? I say you as the highest rank here."

She smiled that dragon smile. I did not like that smile. She said "As your Queen I say it is you who will do this. After all it involves a great amount of magic! And as Queen I get my way."

Dang it! I stepped up to the stage and held my hand up for silence. After it quieted I spoke "Fellow students and staff I have something to say. I know some of what happened to us. It seems that the whole school has been pulled through a portal to another world." The crowd exploded with babbling. "If you will be quiet I will tell you what I know." it quieted "I have been to this world before so we are relatively safe for the moment. I have sent people to get help. When they arrive the injured will be taken care of as soon as we can. We will be making due till that help gets here. We have food and we have some bottled water so we are ok there. We have shelter and will be getting the dorms up and running as soon as we can. A place not too far from here called Sanctuary will give us aid."

A woman staff member stood up and said "How do you know all this? Who are you really?"

I smiled "My name is Ember Rose Silver Skyflower-Starstone, My Titles are Princess of the Great Hall of Crystalis, Lady Grand Mage of Sanctuary, Countess of Starstone, Wife to Count Ben Starstone Captain of the Royal Guard of Sanctuary, Sister to Queen Angelica of Sanctuary, Daughter of Queen Aslila of Crystalis, Granddaughter of the Archmage, Leader of the Six of Sanctuary, and Creator of Crystal Dragons." I was right longer every time I hear it. "And you are?" She had paled quite a bit while I was reciting my Titles.

She said "I am Sheila Fairchild Girls PE teacher." The students were watching the confrontation and smiling. Then My Titles hit them and the babbling started again.

I shushed them. "We need normalcy so classes will be restarted as soon as we can do that. I don't know what is happening on Earth so scouts will be sent to find out. We if we can will be sending you all home soon or being made part of Sanctuary. We don't know how such a huge portal was created so we can not send the school back at this time. I would like all of you to stay here till the dorms are back up. Please be patient with us we are doing all we can. That is all I have for you at this time." I left the stage. An hour later we had the generators in the girls dorm running on magic. So we moved the uninjured girls to the dorm. My mages, Janis and Dixie arrived to help. Our healers went to work on the injured. With the new help The boys dorm was soon running. The staff had their own dorm that we worked on last. After everyone was seen to we turned our attention to the water systems. We tapped into the river that flowed away from Sanctuary for water and worked out a way to dispose of waist. This took two days in that time the other students were attending classes. The kitchens were up on the first day. so everyone was being fed well. Mother sent in as much food as she could spare.

So at the end of day three we were back up and running as best we could. I was exhausted but I had to see to things a lot of the time I went short on sleep. Angel and the others of the Six tried to help but it had to do with heavy magic that meant I had to see to it. My two worlds had crashed together and I was trying to pick up the pieces. There were some freak outs in those first days but not as many as I would think.

Finally the report came in from the scouts. It seemed that the whole school was thought to be destroyed by some kind of new bomb. The crater was fifty meters deep and a half mile wide. The blast rattled windows five miles away. The government cordoned off the whole area. Everyone was paranoid about the whole thing. All of the students and staff were presume killed in the blast. Those from earth had nowhere to go now. This was very bad.

After a little investigation we found that of the fifty five staff all but three were from earth. When they were told there was some that broke down but most took it better than I thought. Of the students only seventeen were from earth. That surprised me. After they were told they could not go back things got hectic for a bit but then they seen that their lives would be to hard to explain. so in the end they agreed to stay. There was a lot of crying and the staff got a work out comforting them. In the end no one went home. to the Earth they were all dead. We really needed to find out how this was done and stop the people from doing it again.

It was the weekend and everyone was trying to find ways to forget so We put on demonstrations of magic and set up testing spots. We did different types of magic and the like for the testing. The students and some of the staff seemed to get in to it. I left it up to Darla and Angel I went to bed and slept the two days away. Ben showed up on Saturday but angel stopped him from waking me. Instead she put him to work testing those that would be good knights. Zoe tested for combat mages. Monday morning I got ready for school. It was a little crazy to try and keep up classes when so much is going on. I was bound and determined to graduate from high school. I guess I was crazy. After classes for the day I flew back to my house in Sanctuary for a meeting with the mages. I finally taught Angel the wing spell and she flew to the Crystal Hall to see if things were being done. This is how we spent the week in classes doing homework or flying to take care of one thing or another.

The week went fast. Friday evening Ben showed up I smiled and we kissed a lot. The Ice fields we were standing on melted from my sparks and our heat. I got a kick out of it after we stopped kissing. I had found a way to protect Ben from my sparks but not what's around us. We were having a meeting of the Six, Darla, the Mages, Ben, Mother and Grandmother. We were here to talk about what happened and what we were going to do about it. We all talked four hours away then broke up for a late diner. Nothing was decided at all.

After a romantic dinner with Ben, Mother and Grandmother asked for a word alone with me. When Ben went to talk to Darla I said Ok we are alone what is so important that you have to cut in to what little time I have with my husband?"

Grandmother said "A new report from Earth. The Tangents are crowing that they kicked a whole group of off-worlders off their planet and it only cost them twenty seven minions."

I said "That's how many are missing from here. So that's how they did it they drained the life force from all those people an amplified it somehow to cast the spell. That's not magic it is Murder! Twenty two of those were just kids! I think it is time we don't just take out their compound. Do we know where they are working from?"

Mother said "We do. We even know the faction that is causing all the trouble. We have talked with the other factions and they have disowned the troubled ones. There seems to be twenty of them, they are all mages. I am willing to give you fifty combat mages to fight them."

I sighed "No, I will not have that much blood on my hands. Grand mother how many can the binding spell effect at one time?"

Grandmother said "What you are thinking has never been tried before. I think it would work for a short time. You would have to follow it up with the other two spells very quickly. I am not even sure you could do it?"

I said "I know it is a lot of magic to deal with. But if I take out the Troubled ones without killing any one it will be worth it."

She looked at me "You have made up your mind haven't you? I said you would change the worlds but this is not what I meant. Ok I will give you a boost spell that may give you the edge. How are you going to get them all close enough to cast the spell on them?"

I smiled "Simple, I will challenge them. They wont be able to resist. They are riding the high right now witch means they are arrogant. That will be their down fall. By the way where does the magic go that I strip off them?"

Grandmother said "I thought you knew you get it, all of it. You will be a very powerful mage after we do this. Of course dumping that much magic into one body is bound to change you. I will be there to pick up what's left of you. Me and that husband of yours. No one else and we need to go now. It will take a while to get into place." Mother hugged me and went to do something else. We picked up Ben and made our way to the mirror room that was just set up. Grandmother led the way. She opened the portal and off we went.

I composed the challenge and one of Mothers scouts delivered it. Two hours later I was facing down TWENTY FIVE arrogant earth side mages. Someone got their numbers wrong I readied my spells. I was riding high on Grandmothers Boost spell. I stepped into the hall and cast right away before they could put up their shields. The binding spell flowed out into the hall and bounced off the walls till it had hit all of them. I knew it would not last long so I cast the stripping spell. The inflow of magic forced me to my knees. I held on till they were all powerless. Then I took a breath an cast my forget spell. Then I staggered out of the hall into my Ben's arms He quickly picked me up and we left. My head was spinning I was bulging with all the magic. I had to use it some how or go crazy. We went through the mirror and I told Ben to put me down. I moved to a spot near the dorms and Created a New house for Ben and I. It just flowed out of my mind into the Crystal Weave. It looked like a large old Victorian style. I just let all that magic pour into making the house. It was quite a very pretty house. Three bedroom, four bathrooms, large kitchen, large living room, two Dens and wrap around porch. Everything was there ready to move in. I made all the furniture too as well as the bedding. Every one in the area was staring at the house going up it seemed by itself. I was finally almost back to normal though quite drained.

I took a deep breath and suddenly Ben lifted me into his arms. He said "Time to cross the threshold my love." Then he carried me up the steps and right up to the door. I smiled as he tried to open the door without putting me down. I laughed and waved my hand and the door opened by itself. I put my arms back around his neck loving this. He carried mi into the house then kissed me without putting me down. Grandmother came in while we were kissing.

She said "If you two are through we need to talk."

I kissed him one more time then said "Yes Grandmother, you can put me down now Ben. I have used the new magic down to a good level. So I can concentrate for the moment." Ben was reluctant but did put me down. I led them into the living room. We sat then I said "This house has several built in spells I think you would like. One is a white noise spell in the outer walls so no one can hear what is going on inside. The others I will tell you as time goes by. They are not important right now."

Grandmother said "That's fine. I think that this adding of so much magic will mean a life style change for you. If you let it build up too far tings could happen without your control. You need to keep your levels in mind at all time. I have told you about the bad things that can happen when magic goes wild! It is very dangerous. I don't want you to have to go cold turkey. So ease up in your works slowly till you find a good point. These big spontaneous makings are fine but counter productive."

I replied "Yes Grandmother, I will work on it. I am planning to start making enchanted jewelry for the girls. Something that fits each girl well. That will not take much but will give me a gage to work from. I can use crystals so I will work on my fine detail with less thought and more control. Maybe shield broaches for protection. Tara, Jenny, Tina and Jessie are learning their magic but with all these interruptions it is taking quite a long time. If I remember right Jessie is Fire magic, Tina is Air magic Tara is Earth magic, Jenny is Water magic and Angel is Ice magic. Angel could protect herself if needs be but I still think they all need more protection. I was thinking of giving Angel a few Harmony spells to work on. That should push her limits a bit."

Grandmother pulled out a book that I had not seen before. She pulled out a blank book and flipped through the first one and copied six spells then handed me the new spell book. She said "There is a new spell for each of you in that. Four are element spells, Two of them are Harmony spells. I trust you will get the spells into the right hands?"

I said "Of course, Grandmother. How long will you be staying? I could call Sasha and she could be here in a hour to make dinner. You are welcome to stay as long as you want. I have two houses now so will be moving some stuff over tomorrow."

She smiled "I will be checking into other things I will be off now so you two lovebirds can do as you please." She laughed and got up to leave. I got up and gave her a hug. It just seemed right. She whispered in my ear "You know I was right you did change the worlds just by being in them." After that she left.

I said to Ben "I'll call Sasha then we can get to know each other again." That is how the night went. We talked into the we hours of the morning. Then we caught a few hours sleep. When we got up I cleaned up then headed to the dorm to see the others before I headed to my other house. The first I ran into was Tina. I took out the book and showed her the spell for Air magic. She copied it into her spell book thanked me then headed out. I Ran into Jessie and Jenny Together and gave them their spells. Tara was still in her room when I caught up with her. I gave her the spell and went looking for Angel. Angel was not in the dorm so I figured she was at Crystal Hall. I went outside and grew my wings and flew to Crystal Hall. I entered and there in the Throne room there she was in her Queen mode. She was talking to someone I did not know I curtsied when she seen me and waited for her to finish.

Angel said "Well my Grand Mage has come to see us. And what do we do this visit my mage?" Translation She did not like me taking off with out telling her yesterday.

I said "I come with news on the Tangent front. It can wait if you are busy Your Majesty. I also have a gift of new spells for you from the Archmage."

Angel smiled "This is my aunt Ronda so you can speak in front of her. We were just catching up. Ronda this is my sister Ember." A eyebrow went up at that. She smiled at me.

Ronda said "So you are the one everyone is talking about. So nice to meet you Princess." She curtsied. She had a sly smile on her face.

I smiled and nodded to her. No rank was given so no telling how high up the food chain she is. I said "Do we talk first or spells first? Nothing is time sensitive."

Angel thought a moment "Talk first and like I said you can trust Ronda."

I said "As you will. The Tangent faction that was causing so much trouble will not be any more. Grandmother and I took care of that yesterday. I am sorry that I could not talk to you first but the issue was time sensitive. We got a shot so Ben, Grandmother and I went and took care of it. Twenty five of them are no longer a threat."

Angel said "Dead?

I said "You know me better than that. You remember Nancy? That will tell you what spells I used. They were not good mages so I am not sorry."

Angel said "You really stripped them of their magic? Then made them forget they ever had magic to begin with? Twenty five of them one at a time must have taken all night."

I shook my head "Not one at a time, all at once. Grandmother used a boost spell on me or I would not be able to do it. Still it was a stretch. Ben had to carry me back but that was fun too."

Ronda said "Who is this Ben? And is Grandmother who I think it is?

Angel said "Ben is her husband, Captain of the Royal Guard. As for Grandmother she is the Archmage. A tight little group. Ben carried you back are you ok?"

I said "I was overloaded with all the stripped magic. It got better when I used most of it to make myself another house by the school. I'll show it to you later. Ben and I stayed up late talking so I am a bit tired but ok. Anything happen while I was gone?"

Angel said "No it was Quiet and I got a lot of work done. Now you said something about new spells?" I smiled and showed her the spells and she copied them to her spell book.

I said "That's all I got for now I will see how you do with those if good I'll find you some more. I have to move some stuff over to my new house now. You two have a good day Ronda nice to meet you. Angel, I'll see you later Your Majesty." I curtsied again and left. I flew to my old house and ran into Darla on the way. I smiled and flew down and started walking next to her. I gave her the summery of what happened yesterday. I also told her I was giving her the house over her after I moved my stuff out. She nodded. Seemed lost in thought. We got to the house and went inside. I made tea while Sasha packed up the kitchen and pantry. Then I went into my room with three bags of holding and started packing. I finished and Sasha was off to the other house I looked at Darla "What is the matter you deserve this house after all you set it up. I am not going to be that far away. I am married now so need a bigger house with two dens."

She said "It's not that I am just wondering how I am going to properly teach the girls while their in school? As well as keep up watch over the other mages. I am not getting any younger you know."

I said "Sounds like someone is lonely and needing to find a mate. You can take it as easy as you need I am as close as a link can be. If I am not doing anything I will be at the Mage Hall working. I due hope to have some time with my husband on weekends but after school I'll work when I can. After all it is my job. Teach the girls during holidays and summer that is what you did with me and look how I turned out. Find a mate scratch an itch and don't worry so much. Now that we got the school here we can control what is taught. That means we can put magic in as a class. That might be the way to go."

Darla smiled "A real class? Five days a week homework and all? That sounds like the way to go. If I could do morning classes there I would still be able to do the job I am doing. Yes could you talk to the Headmaster?"

I smiled "You know it. But it would not start till next quarter. I have to get back to work."
I went into the den. I looked at all the books. including a pile of blanks. I smiled and copied each book put one back where I found in the other in my bag of holding. Soon I had all the books and copies taken care of. I looked and the stack of blanks was the same size. that puzzled me till I looked at the box they were coming out of. the tag read, box of holding, blank spell books. That was nice to know.

Darla came in "Leaving the books? I thought that would be the first thing that would go?"

I smiled "I did I just copied them so you would have a set here. Burned off extra magic too." She laughed "I will get the rest slowly during the week."

She said "I suggest you take the box of blanks so you can make a set for the school. I have already made one for the Mage Hall." She pulled out a lid and pressed down till it locked on. She picked it up and handed it to me. With that two bags of books and three bags of my clothes and stuff made it a very loaded down flight back to the new house. Ben was there and we had dinner together before he had to head back to school. When it was time I kissed him goodbye and went into the den to sort books. I was really having a good evening when a knock came at the front door. I walked up and opened the door for the Headmaster. He looked glum.

After some chit chat he came to the point. "I talked to a lot of the off world students parents. We are going to loose a lot of students next quarter. I am not sure what to do. I am out of my depth here."

I sighed "There are three things that will might help but I am afraid we will loose some students in the short run. In the long run the school will be stronger.

One, Change the classes to a magic based system.
Two, Use Mages from Sanctuary's Mage Hall to teach classes.
Three, Use the Royal family to find new and better students.

That's what I think it will take."

He said "What do you mean when you say use the Royal family to find new students?"

I grinned "I mean that you should ask Angel to ask Mother to ask the upper nobles to use our school. What you have now are lower nobles. So get in with the upper nobles and we are set."

He grinned "Will you help design the classes? I think we will rename the school The Sanctuary Academy! How does that sound? I think this will work. Well it is getting late and we have school tomorrow. Goodnight." And he left. I worked for a bit longer the headed to bed.

In the morning I got up early put on my work clothes then switched to my school clothes. The outfit bracelet always kept me in fashion. I headed to have breakfast with the others. Everyone was up today for some reason. The Headmaster came in and addressed the students "Let me have your attention please. I would like to announce that starting next quarter we will be switching to a Magic system instead of a science one. That means magic class will replace science class and Mages will become teachers here. I am sure this will go over good with some people. The school name will be changing to The Sanctuary Academy in the next few days. A new school patch will be designed and made in the next few weeks. That is all you may return to your breakfast. As soon as he left there was quite the buzz going on. I said "He did not waste much time."

Angel said "You know something about this? Of course you do! Look who I am talking to, what don't you know?"

I shrugged "He and I talked last evening. I made a few suggestions." Angel through up her hands and everyone laughed. We finished eating and headed to class. Everything went well till study hall.

I came in and sat where I do and took out my books. One of the girls Kelly came up to me and asked "Is it true you are married?"

I looked at her then at Ms. Teller who seemed interested herself. So I closed my book and Looked around everyone was watching me. I sighed "Yes I was Wed during the summer. My husband is the Captain of the Royal Guard. His name is Count Ben Starstone. We are very much in love. It was a lovely ceremony. It was a small wedding only eighty or so guests including two Queens and The Archmage."

Kelly asked "Two Queens where from?"

I smiled "Well one was Queen Aslila of Crystalis the other was Queen Angelica of Sanctuary."

Kelly said "I bet their dresses were wonderful. What were they like?"

I grinned "I was a little distracted to look at the others Dresses. Why don't you ask my maid of honor Queen Angelica herself ?" When Kelly looked confused I turned her a little to the left and sitting there pretty as you please not saying anything was Angel. "Kelly I would like to introduce you to Queen Angelica of Sanctuary. Angel this is Kelly."

Angel went into Queen mode And put on her thousand watt smile and Said "Pleased to meet you Kelly." Kelly realized what happened and promptly fainted.

Ms. Teller came over and seen to Kelly as I turned to the others in the class. I said "Be careful in Sanctuary not all is as it seems. You never know who you meet."

Sara looked at Angel "Are you really the Queen of all this?"

Angel "Yes I am though I don't go around telling people during class. All that Bowing and Curtsying gets in the way of learning." Angel glared at me for a moment. " I have not Been Queen long before that I was just a princess like my sister here she nodded at me."

Sara said "You are a princess I thought you were a mage?"

Angel laughed "She is much more would you like to hear her titles? When everyone nodded she smiled. "She is Her Highness Mrs. Ember Rose Del La Silver Skyflower-Starstone, Princess of the Great Hall of Crystalis, Lady Grand Mage Of Sanctuary, Countess of Starstone, Granddaughter of the Archmage, Daughter of Queen Aslila of Crystalis, Sister of Queen Angelica of Sanctuary, and wife to Count Ben Starstone Captain of the Royal Guard of Sanctuary, Leader of the Six, Founder of Sanctuary and Creator of Crystal Dragons."

I smiled "I see you used the short form. That gets longer every time I hear it."

Angel said "Did I miss anything? I don't even remember half of my titles There is a person at Mother's Hall that just remembers and recites Titles of the latest generation. I should probly look him up you might have more titles than I know about."

Everyone was staring at us as we chatted about titles and such. Kelly recovered I wish I could see your wedding dress it must have been magnificent."

I smiled "That is easy enough. I keep it with me just in case I run into a formal occasion." I tapped my Bracelet and I was in full Princess mode including crown. All the girls gathered around to take a closer look. Angel tapped her bracelet and was in the Dress she was wearing at the wedding including crown. It became a fashion party. Angel showed off her regular Queen outfit. I showed off my Grand Mage outfit. All was gone over and talked about. I am sure the boys were the only one to do homework that day. It did turn out to be real fun.


To be Continued
Please leave Life giving Comments I love them.
up
186 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

way cool!

Alecia Snowfall's picture

I like it Gypsy! No more trouble from Tangent? that would be great, but what about those raiders? oh and do Cryss use spell check? will she get a smartphone to text the rest of the brood? *lol* jk

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

And her I thought I was doing

And her I thought I was doing well with my 5 titles. I am just a piker compared with Ember and Angel. This whole story is such a fun read, and I do love how Ember takes care of out of control mages. Using the removal of power spell, followed up instantly with the forgetfulness spell is indeed a well deserved punishment.
Is there any chance of the two spells wearing off over a given period of time, thus giving enemies a new chance to rise havoc?

Seems Cruel...

...to strand the Earth kids like that -- especially if they turn out to lack any magical ability. Sure, everyone thinks they're dead, but now that the threat is ended the necessity for keeping everyone in the dark about it seems lower. Telling people they were off the premises -- a field trip? -- might satisfy the muggles, if it came to that. It seems to me it'd be better to privately offer to relocate the parents on the Other Side, though if they can afford the school they're presumably so successful that they're likely to decline if they can't commute. But at least they'll still be able to see their kids on holidays and breaks, on one world or the other, instead of considering them dead. Most of their kids would probably like to see them again.

Replacing science study with magic doesn't seem well thought out, since not everyone can use magic but just about anyone who made it into that school can learn science at some level. That goes for the other offworlders too. They (and their parents) didn't sign on for a magic school; they were expecting to be taught a balanced Earth-style curriculum at a place with no concerns over rank or aristocracy. That may well be why a lot of them are leaving, though of course the danger is also a factor. Maybe some of them would stay on if they still got what they paid for.

The aristocracy thing may be the worst of Ember's ideas. She's decided they need more high nobles at school -- that'll put what's left of the rank and file in their place. OK, that's not her reasoning, but that seems bound to happen if the school develops along those lines. Of course, those Earth commoners apparently can't be sent home; they're officially dead there. Maybe they can find some nice menial jobs once they graduate. Or maybe there's a sanctuary away from Sanctuary somewhere where they can start over, if Ember or one of the lesser mages is charitable enough to help build it.

I think some of this is what happens when you put a mid-teenager in charge of things, especially one with such game-changing power. And the Headmaster and the teachers don't seem to have any objections to the change in emphasis. Hard to argue with a Grand Mage, of course, even if she says that she hasn't turned anyone into a toad for weeks now.

Unless Ember learns better, when she and Angel change both worlds after their Elemental and Dragon selves take over, things may be even worse off than the Tangent folks (not the vanquished crazies, but the remaining political opposition) think they'll be. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely", and all that. Scary.

Eric

This story

.. is always a fun read. Always something happening!! I'm sure that Ember would like some quiet time, especially with her new husband.

Keep up the great work.

Joanna

Awesome!

I'm always impressed by how much stuff you stuff into each chapter.

nomad