When tales come true Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version


When tales come true

Chapter 15

Confrontation


magefemale.jpg

Sixteen students gone that's not good. I went over to Mother but I don't need a Mother, I need Queen Aslila. I said "Mother I need your help. These students disappeared from my school and some of them may be connected with Crystalis! If I am right that's how the Tangents got a portal ring." She looked at me then took the papers.

After a few moments she said "These two have rings and live in Crystalis part time. Only Nobles have rings so common students would not. I will ask that the nobles that are off world be checked. This list will help. You think they took these children and that's how they got a ring?"

I nodded "I just spoke to the Headmaster and he is quite worried. I am the only one he knows that goes back and forth regularly. I am getting tired of these Tangents. If I had more Knights and Combat Mages I would go in there and end the pain they are causing."

She looked at me "How many do you need? I am getting tired of them myself."

I looked at her "Twenty of each battle hardened. I will strike hard and fast then get out. I want to find these people if I can and take out their mages. If they are there and hurt I will burn the place to the ground. I need mirrors set up to get in and out. I don't want to be stuck there. That world used to be my home but no longer!"

She said "It will take me a day to gather the troops and arm them. I will see that my scouts set up two sets of mirrors that go to a place away from Crystalis and Sanctuary. When the troops are through we break them." She smiled "When you are back we are going to have a talk about your temper."

Grandmother stepped up "I heard the whole thing. If you are going to do this you need these spells and this Special jacket. The jacket will stop bullets but your going to bruise like never before. The spells are for your dragon one to grow her one to shrink her. You need firepower she has it."

I looked at Cryss "Are you up for this Cryss?" She blew a flame five foot long. "I take that as a yes."

Angel came over "You three are up to something! What is going on?" I filled her in while Mother used the link mirror to set things up.

Mother came back and said "Make that six confirmed on your list of missing. Others are being checked on. We strike at two tomorrow. You will have my best troops backing you up. May the Goddess guide you to the Taken! We will have everything ready for my youngest daughters party. Do me proud Princess!"

Angel said "Oh my we are going to war and my sister is leading the way!" Ben and Zoe came in. after the bowing and curtsying Angel commanded "You two are in charge of my sisters safety tomorrow. I want her to survive this attack on the Tangent compound. Do you understand!"

Both said "Yes Your Majesty!" Dang it this is getting bigger by the moment. Well if I can't trust my captains who can I trust. I looked at Grandmother and she dug in her bag and pulled out two more jackets. Well that helps a little. I don't want Ben dieing before the wedding. I took time to create headsets out of link crystals. That way we can stay in touch. I created six simple crystal dragons not as perfect as Cryss but we don't have the time. I cast my spell and they started to move. Cryss looked at me like Really?!

I said "Well we have our air force and ground troops. They wont know what hit them! We strike hard and fast and they will Fall!" I was pushing myself up. The rest of the day was spent in preparations. I slept at the Crystal Hall that night. Yes, I called Sasha on the link crystal I gave her and let her know she had two days off.

The next morning we moved base to a safe spot in the open outside of Sanctuary and Crystalis just in case things go FUBAR! By one we were ready and I had given the leaders headsets. I took time to memorize the growth and shrink spells. Then it was time. We passed though the mirrors. When everyone was through and the portals closed we broke the mirrors. Time to show them what a Grand Mage can do! We got close to the compound and On my signal we hit them. I cast my spell on Cryss and her brood and we had seven full size dragons on our side. I rode Cryss over the wall and Ben and Zoe rode two of the brood. We crashed into the place looking all over and soon found the Taken. All sixteen were there plus four. I ordered the troops to get the Taken out and I got ready to flatten the place. Three mages came out and started to use their magic. Cryss fried them before they could. When I got the all clear from our troops, I let go and had a tantrum from hell!

Cryss and her brood smashed and burned everything but the people unless they attacked first. I was really keeping up with them breaking things while looking for bad guys. I did find a box of portal rings and slipped it in my bag. We did not leave much standing. I called it and we headed out fast and got to the mirror spot. Only one mirror was left. I shrank the dragons and sent them through the portal. Then I sent Ben and Zoe was after him. They were getting close I could feel it. I stepped through and turned and sent the break spell back though. I turned back and counted heads. Twenty kids, twenty troops, two scouts, three leaders and seven dragons. Everyone was there. Some were banged up but nothing a healer could not take care of. A little ways away our back up group was waiting. I gave the call and they came over. They were mostly healers and the like. I took it out the ring box and looked at it. There was twenty rings. Once we assured that everyone was whole at least I opened a portal to Crystalis where a lot of people were waiting for their loved ones. The troops and the taken went through. Then the back up group went through. I closed the portal and opened one to Sanctuary. We headed home. Grandmother and Angel were waiting for us.

I smiled "Twenty recovered, no losses, One hole in the ground where their compound was." I was very tired "I just want to get some sleep. They lost three mages the rest were scattered. We have all the rings they had." I took out the box and handed it to Grandmother. "I am sure their efforts are set behind quite a bit. I need to make a link to the headmaster and tell him that the sixteen were recovered alive and well." I used Angels link compact and I did that "I am going to bed soon." I looked at Ben "You Hurt at all?" He shook his head. I turned to Zoe "You Hurt at all?" She shook her head. I smiled then fell over. Janis pushed through and looked me over then sat back on her heels.

Janis said "Over usage of her magic and soft tissue damage AKA bruising, lots of bruising in the legs. She will be fine in a few days maybe a week." She looked at Ben "Are you feeling strong?" When he nodded she said "Take her home have her maid put her to bed. Our Grand Mage is out of the game for a while." Ben picked me up gently and carried me to the boats.

Zoe said "I'll drive you two lovebirds just enjoy the ride." I was asleep before we hit the other side.

I woke up hurting. I had tuned in my sleep and Wow, how that hurt. I laid on my back trying to not hurt but that was not going to happen. I was in pain. Then a soft hand touched my shoulder. Sasha was there holding up the jar of cream that helped my hip. I turned over slowly. She lifted my nightgown and started to smooth the cream on my legs and back. In just a few moments I was not in so much pain. Then when I turned back over she did the front of my legs. That was all I needed I was sinking back into sleep. I could hear her humming a soft song as I fell into a deep sleep.

I stayed in bed sleeping on and off for three days. That was all I could stand it. I came downstairs for a late lunch on the third day. Janis had been by and talked to Sasha about the cream and other home remedies. Seems Sasha is a bit of a herbalist. I needed to keep that in mind. Seem my maids always turn out to be something else. I stayed in the house for the day but on the fourth day I was up and ready for breakfast. I called all the mages not working on the farm in to talk. I was ready to reveal my design for the Mage Hall. It went well and everyone had their jobs. I took my staff and strode to the spot for the Hall. All I had to do was the outsides and the floors. That would be hard in it self. I seem so much weaker than when I made the other two halls. I called on all the magic I could draw form all around me then put it into the ground at the site. Slowly the crystal weave grew out of the ground till it formed a three level building. I was done now the others can do their part. I headed back home tired. I worked in my den for the rest of the day. Cryss was on her perch and the brood were flying around playing. I really need to get a better name for them. Darla showed up at lunch to talk over the fine points of the archives. Well at least I was getting work done. A jingle at my wrist said the Queen wanted to talk to me. I opened the link "Yes Your Majesty. How may I help you?" Grandmothers voice came over the link "We have a wedding to plan don't we? Here or your place?"

I said "Here if you don't mind. Darla's already here."

She said "We will be right there. Have that maid of yours put on some tea and munchies." Just what I needed to get my mind off the building going on. I smiled and called Sasha to give her some orders. It didn't take long and I had a houseful. Angel was there with the rest of the six. Grandmother had brought Mother and Zoe was there so it was a real houseful. We talked about the ceremony. Some had not heard of the Walking the circle ceremony so I had to explain it.

"It all starts with the circle. The two come up to the circle from opposite sides at the same time. Then they walk the circle till they are at the spot the other started at. Next they follow the spiral inward till they meet at the center. At the center is a table with the binding box on it. The two take off the chokers that hold a silver key each. The two take off the silver keys and press them together and unlock the box. Only together can the keys open the box. Once open the two take out their four items. One at a time they say something like "This is my body and put a item in the box this is my mind another item this is my spirit another item and lastly this is my love that I freely give to you and puts in the last item. When both have said their part the box is closed and locked and the keys are returned to the two. They put them back on the chokers. Then the couple lift the box together and walk out of the circle and up to the village Elder and the Priestess. The hold up the box and the Elder says "I recognize this pair as one then the Priestess says "I recognize this pair as one. At that point they are married. They then hand the box to a trusted person to hold for one year. Then the feast starts. There are other things that happen in the background but that's most of it."

I stopped speaking an looked at the others and hoped I made sense. Everyone was looking at me. So I said "Well do you all like it?"

Grandmother said "I think it will be a beautiful ceremony! Where did you come up with it?" She was smiling broadly. I could tell she liked it.

I said "I found the basics in a old book and modified it to my liking. It really speaks to me. I love the symbolism."

Angel said "You said you wanted me to be your maid of honor but you did not say anything about that"

I said "There three brides maids and one maid of honor. They help in the prep work before and watch the couple walk the circle. It is the same for the grooms men and best man. I don't know what the men go through it is theirs to do. The women help the bride purify herself. There are three main ways to purify Water, light, and contemplation. The waterfall gives us a way to wash the bride, me , clean. Light is trickier I will have to think on that. The third is looking within and discussing it with the closest to me. This happens before the walking of the circle. Afterwards everyone has a feast."

Grandmother said "I am the Elder in this little party am I not?" I nodded "What else do I do than recognize you two as one?"

I smiled "You preside over the feast and watch and help in all the prep on the women's side. The same with the Priestess. You have the right to say no when we come to you in the end if you feel it is done in a false or for the wrong reasons. But hopefully your doubts would be gone by then. Since this is a mostly female place and we have no male Elder the boys will have to work things out on their own."

Angel said "You got your maid of honor who are your Bridesmaids?"

I thought for a moment "Jenny is one, Tina is two and Zoe is three. I think they will do nicely. Others will be asked to do things for the wedding but those are who I choose."

Angel said "Ok, now lets talk about the Dress!" I passed around sketches I liked.

Grandmother looked at them all and said "These are all fine but where is you crown you are a princess you know." I thought for a moment then picked up my work bag and pulled out four large gems. I concentrated and shaped the for gems into a woven crown smaller and lighter than Angels but just as nice.

I said "Will this do? If you don't think it is good I can try again." Everyone was staring at me. Angel took out her crown and put them side by side to compare the two. I liked mine but then I just made it.

Mother said "Those does not look like the crown of Crystalis. Dang it both of them look better than mine. Well a daughters duty is to do better than her mother. Well one of her duties. We will talk of your other duties when your both older."

Grandmother smiled "Yes that will work fine. Now as for the dress I think this classic style will work well don't you all?" And so the dress and crown were selected.

I smiled "I will go through the crystal storage rooms tomorrow and make the dress on Friday. Somebody needs to make sure Ben is presentable for the ceremony."

Mother said "I know his Mother I will let her know what's going on and she will take him in hand. Oh you probly don't know but Ben is a Count." Angel smiled at me. "He does not like nobles all that much. "Angel laughed. I glared at her. "I will speak to his Mother tomorrow. The Duchess will be so pleased." Just what I needed a Duchess as a Mother in law. Well at least I out rank her.

Sasha came in "Will your guests be staying for dinner?"

I looked around and they all shrugged or nodded so I said "Yes they will please set the table with our finest china and bring on the food."

Sasha said "Permission to ask my sister to help out?" I nodded and she went out.

Mother asked "Sister? Do you have two maids?"

I chuckled "Sasha's sister is Tasha they are twins. Tasha works as a maid for Zoe. I used to have two maids but I keep loosing them. Seems most of my maids are really something else. I looked at Zoe and she blushed." Grandmother chuckled at that. Soon we went in to a good dinner. Afterwards most wandered home I got a moment to ask Grandmother some questions.

I asked "Grandmother why did you fake you death? Why does everyone seem to be hiding things from me?"

Grandmother said "There are many factions in this world and the other that hate change. You and your sister are change! So we decided to hide one of you till you were old enough to handle the factions. Your sister is slightly older so you were hidden. I was getting too close to you so I faked my death to throw off the factions. I was still watching but from farther away. We hide what we believe you are not ready for. You and your sister are the hope for a dying system. The two of you will remake two worlds! Not yet though. You are not ready. You need to find out what the Blessing gave you that is special. Look within and you will find it soon. Now I am old and Tired. Do you have a room I may lay down in?" I smiled and led her to the spare room. I knew I was not going to get anything else out of her tonight. I went down and looked at the crown and smiled. I set the crown on my head just to feel it.

"Lovely, but a little crooked." Mother said.

I smiled at her "Story of my life. I did not know you were still here. Would you like a cup of tea? With a little talk." We sat in the living room with our tea and I asked "Why was I made to be a boy? Could you not hide me as a girl?"

Mother sighed "The you had to be perfect so we changed everything about you. We did not think your feminine side would show so soon. We were going to tell you at your eighteenth birthday. You jumped the gun and we have had to try and catch up with you. Like you were told you and your sister are change! By your very nature you change things around you to fit what you need. You more than your sister who grew up with the knowledge you lacked. I wish I could have kept you with me but it was not safe to keep both of you together. Things are moving now that are out of our control. You two are the best to handle it if you are together. You two are change and you are leaving us behind." She stood up and walked to the door. "Know I love you and know you will do what is needed. Find the truth inside yourself and use it to change the Worlds." She walked out and shut the door. I was more confused than before. I gave up after a hour and went to bed.

The next morning I was still puzzled about the whole thing. I had work to do there was four crystal storerooms to go through. I needed sapphire's and blue crystals, Emerald's and green crystals, Ruby's and red crystals and finally Diamond's and white crystals. All for one dress. It will be colorful to be sure. One of a kind without a thought. Silver for accents. I had taken till lunch to go through two of the storage rooms. After lunch I was heading over to Crystal Hall to say hi when my Bracelet jingled. I opened the link. "Yes your Majesty?"

Angel said "I have a visitor here that wishes to speak with you. How soon can you get here? This Lady's driving me crazy!"

I said "Calm down sis." As I walked in "I am here." I scanned the Throne room with my eyes. It was easy to pick out who she meant. She was a older Lady dressed finely in the style of the upper class. I only needed one guess The Duchess. Ben's Mom was in the house.

Angel said "Your grace the person you wanted to see is here. Duchess Rolinda this is Princess Ember Rose Del La Silver Grand Mage of Sanctuary." The look on her face said it all. She was not told who her son was to wed just that it was going to happen. Mother was having fun with me. She looked me over and curtsied. I could see how much that hurt her pride.

I smiled "You are here to take Ben in hand and find him something to wear for the wedding?" She nodded "Good can't have him being wed in a suit of armor. Cryss came in and landed on my shoulder.

She had a note. it said "come outside, Ben"

I said "Something has just came up. I will be right back." I stormed outside. Ben was hiding at the corner of the Hall. I walked over and said "This is about what? I was having a nice talk with your Mother."

He paled "So it is true she is here? How did she find out where I was? Is she here to take me back?" Ben was just on the freak out line. "Well just don't smirk at me tell me!"

I calmly said "She is here at the request of my mother. To make sure you have something fitting to wear to our wedding. This is the first wedding in Sanctuary so it has to be done right. Everyone will be looking at us. You need to be wearing something nice. I am wearing a one of a kind crystal weave dress and crown. You need to live up to that."

He said "Crown what Crown. You don't wear a crown. He was about to step over the line and freak out big time.

I sighed "It was grandmothers idea. I am a princess remember. I got to go back in there to keep things civil. So you get it together an follow me in a few moments. If she gets out of had I'll just put her to sleep. Now keep cool dang it." I turned and headed back inside. Just what I need A boyfriend with Mommy issues! Come to think of it, that's the most normal thing to happen to me lately. I walked into the Throne room and Cryss was sitting on a table while the brood circled the Duchess. I said "Cryss call off the brood it is time to make nice." I was looking at Cryss and she sighed and made this crystalline noise. The brood stopped what they were doing and flew over and sat by Cryss. At least she had some control over them.

The Duchess said with a shudder "Those things would not let me move! What are they? I want them gone! now!" She stopped at my look. I was not happy.

I said slowly "Those are not things they are Dragons. Very young Dragons. I will have words with anyone who tries to do anything to my Dragons! Now calm down or I will calm you down!! My hands were arcing with lightning. The Duchess looked at Angel.

Angel said "I would do as she says my sister has a bit of a temper. I also am rather fond of Cryss and the brood. They fought for Sanctuary so I will defend them as well." Angel was showing her teeth. Ben took that moment to come in. He took one look at what was going on and walked up to his Mother.

He said "Mother you are not in charge here. They are so don't order. Just do what you came here to do then go! I am sure the duchy needs you." She looked at him like she had never seen him act like this before.

She said "I am sure the Duchy needs me right now so you can look after yourself!" She stomped off towards the mirror room.

He said "I guess I can get Wed in my dress armor."

I sighed "I'll make you something. If it hast to be armor I will make it. It has to be as nice as my dress."

The Duchess stomped back in "They wont let me out of here without one of you two letting it happen. So what do I have to do to get out of here?"

Angel Said "You were asked to come here for one reason. That is to get your son ready to wed a princess. Do you think you can do that? I will let you leave when your job is done. You have one week. Stella will be your maid for the week. We will set you up in a house and then you do your job around Ben's duty's. I find you being nasty to anyone I wont be so nice." Stella came out ready to work. The Duchess was led off by Ben and Stella. I was still calming down. She looked at me "You ok sis?"

I shook my head "I can't shut it down." I lifted my hands that were still arcing. I need to use this magic before it gets out of hand. I grinned at the pun. "I will see you later." I went out and grew my wings and flew to the waterfall. I had an idea that would help with the wedding. I pulled iron from the rocks behind the waterfall. I forged it into steel then created a platform sticking out into the water about half way up. It was slotted so the water could pass through. I went and got some smoky crystal and formed a shower stall on the platform. It was perfect place for the water purification. One down and it used the magic that wanted to overflow. I needed to talk to Darla or Grandmother about this. The water looked so inviting I stepped into the flow. Storing my outfit in the second bracelet. I had gave the girls one like this early on. Theirs held three outfits mine held eight. The shower felt so good I am not sure how long I was up there. I dried then got dressed and flew back down. I walked into the Crystal Hall Throne room. Darla was there talking to Angel.

Angel spotted me and said "There you are we were just going to send out the search teams. Where have you been? You left here three hours ago in quite a state. I was not sure what to think."

I answered "I was working some magic and lost track of time. I finished the sight for the first purifier. I guess it took longer than I thought. I feel pretty mellow right now."

Darla said "Angel said you had trouble shutting a spell down after loosing your temper? That does not sound like you."

I Shrugged "I am changing I can feel it. My magic is out of tune. I am not sure what is going to happen. But I know how to calm the magic for now. I created a shower stall halfway up the waterfall. The pure flow of water really calms me and my magic down. Now I just have to be wary of my temper. Emotion adds to my magic and sends it over the control point. I just need to stay cool when I am casting."

Darla looked worried "Has this happened before?"

I said "Yes, When I made this Hall. I used three years of pain and loneliness to fuel my magic to the point I could do what I should not be able to do. This Hall is the result. I can use other sources but emotion seem to be a booster to my magic. Now I just need to work on raising the control point. I have a lot of power just need just as much control."

Darla Said "I have a few exercises you can try but at this level I am out of my depth. I am good at teaching up to mid level then they have to find their own way. We are so beyond mid level. You need to talk to your Grandmother. We so don't need this with the wedding coming up. Could it be stress from the wedding that is boosting you? You said emotion does it."

Angel said "We can talk of that later." She could see I was getting stressed from talking about it. "How is your dress coming?"

I smiled "I got side tracked by that woman. I still need some crystal to work with. I haven't looked in the storage rooms on this side. I will make the dress tomorrow. I decided to add silver for accent." I pulled out the sketch and pointed to the spots where I thought it would look good. We talked about the dress for awhile and my mellow was back. Then I took my leave and went crystal hunting. It took me till dinner to finish one more room but I thought I had what I needed for the dress and some sapphires for the breastplate I was thinking of for Ben. I would finish the other room in the morning then start the dress. I stopped and got some steel and silver on the way to dinner. After dinner I just relaxed and thought on the second purifier Light. I still had no idea how to do that one. I put it off till after the dress. Then it hit me I could make my slip out of solid light. Light is energy solidify energy till it is like silk and it is pure, pure energy. But can I do that? Illusions I have done but to make them solid, to make them real could I do that? I thought on this as I got read for bed. I was not sure but I would like to try. That was for later I had a lot on my to do list and the first was sleep.

In the morning I continued to think on my light problem. When I was ready I went down and looked trough my books to see if there was a book on Illusions. There was and I read during breakfast. I did not bother with Illusions much so I was boning up on theory. It was more complex than I realized. I looked at the time and frowned. I had to get over to the final storage room so I put aside the book and headed out.

As I was flying it hit me. First take a shower in the waterfall. Then I could use fire to make light. Then gather the light partials and change their paths into tightly controlled patterns creating cloth. Use the cloth to create a dress to wear and sit on the earth. Talk that uses air. This uses the four elements. It would be very powerful. A little convoluted but it works. I smiled when I landed I had it right.

Next on the list the final store room. This tuned out to be the biggest of them all. It also had all the gems and crystals I needed to finish my dress in style. I just could not help but smile the whole time. I thought of Ben and the Breastplate I was going to make him. I decided to make it a full set of dress armor as a present. I was really feeling good. Now that I knew what I was going to do it was easier to move forward.

I stopped into the Crystal Hall on my way back to my home. Jenny was there with more Imports from Crystalis. I looked over the five strong looking men and wondered what Angel had in mind for them? I curtsied to Angel.

Angel said "Ah Sister you are here. These are the farmers Mother sent over. Do you think Veronica could fit them in?"

I smiled "I think they will work fine on the farm I will show them the way and set up a house for them. That should get things going there."

She smiled "Did you find what you needed? I will send Jenny along to see to how things are going there."

I replied "Yes I will start the making this afternoon. Hi Jenny like your new job."

Jenny chuckled and curtsied "Yes it is a lot of work but it needs to be done."

I said "Always, do you have a list of the houses not yet claimed and their sizes? That would help at this moment." She nodded and went to get it.

Angel could see how the boys were looking at me. She said Now, now boys none of that she is engaged, a Grand Mage and My Sister. So you better be good." The boys straightened right up. Jenny came back with the papers. We curtsied and the boys bowed and we all left. I chatted with Jenny about my dress and the wedding for a bit then we came up to a three bedroom house that would be good for them. I took out my staff and shrank it and put it in my bag. This impressed the boys. We headed to the farm from there. Hmm maybe we should name the farm? I will bring it up to Veronica. We got there after a little bit. Dang it takes so long to get places when I can't fly. I tuned the boys over to Veronica and went to set up the house. That did not take long so I waved to Veronica and grew my wings.

Helen said "Not even going to say hello?" I turned and smiled.

I said " Hello there. Have you recovered from your injuries? I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to stop by. You are looking better than the last time I seen you."

Helen smiled "Yes I hear you have been busy. Getting engaged, planning a wedding all that fun stuff. Yes, I am better still a little pain but not much."

I Smiled "Guilt trip much? Yes, you are going to be at the wedding. There is not much to be done on it but I will let you know where you can help. So many people so few jobs. We will talk when things calm down a little. Just one question, did you know why they were hiding me?" I looked her right in the eye when I asked that.

Helen sighed "I was never told but I could tell you were special. Right from the start you did things your own way and it worked for you. You were and are so smart. I will always be proud of you!" I took out the sketch of the dress and showed her. "This is going to be your dress?" I nodded. "Very pretty just like you. You have bloomed since you came here. I can see that. Now you have things to do and so do I." She curtsied and walked off. I flew off to my home.

I got back at lunch time and was quite content to sit and eat in peace. That did not last long. A knock at the door broke my peace. It was Angel and Grandmother here to help with the dress. I sighed and showed them to my bedroom where we will work on the dress. I told them "I will make a Illusion of the dress first. We will make any changes. Then I will create the dress itself. How does that sound?"

Grandmother said "That seems a sound plan. Don't use magic you don't have to. Do you have all the crystal you will need to finish the dress tonight?"

I smiled "Yes more than I will probly need just in case." I took the crown out to give us a idea of the weave. Then I tapped my bracelet and I was naked. I went over to my wardrobe and checked my lingerie. Not much that were fancy. Nothing good for a wedding. "Hmm Nothing good here. I really need to get more lingerie."

Angel said "I thought as much so I had some sent over from Crystalis. You and I are almost the same size. So I got my size and a size up and a size down. We should find something to fit." And so the lingerie party began. I ended up with a marry widow matching panties and stockings. I had a pair of three inch heels that I was going to use as a template to make some heels for the wedding. I put them on and was ready for the dress making. We went through a hour and a half to get the Illusion right. I turned and smiled I looked good.

Now was time to make the dress. I fixed the image of the dress in my mind. I laid out the crystals and gems then the silver. I was ready. I collected my magic and began the weaving. Two hours later I stood looking at the mirror at the Dress, the real Dress. I had made the weave as soft as satin. I loved the effect. My wedding Dress was finished. I even remembered to put in a zipper so I could get out of it. It was a off the shoulder, light sleeves, tight corset like to down to a nipped in waist, a full skirt with a small train. It was just right. We talked about hair-dos till dinner. After dinner I tried many jewel colors on my fingers with Illusion till I found the right one. It was sapphire of course.

I looked at Grandmother and Angel. I hated to end our normal type wedding fun but there was things I needed to know. I said "Grandmother my magic is changing. I think the Blessing is taking hold. I feel the Winds more, I can sense footsteps from fifty paces, Water calls to me and fire no longer scares me. I think more of using the elements in my spells and it empowers them."

Grandmother took a long look at me. "You may be right there is a different feeling about you. I just thought you were growing up but maybe not. I think I will stay a few days so we can explore this some. That is if the Queen does not mind?"

Angel said "I am changing too. I feel the changes. They are subtle but there. Look at this." She pushed up her sleeve and on her arm was a patch of scales each one looking like a tiny shield. "They are on my legs too. When I get stressed the patches grow. My ice magic is coming easer to me now as are languages. Where Ember's temper goes hot mine has gone cold, ice cold." Grandmother examined Angels arm closely.

She said "Well it seems the blessings are coming to the surface. This is not the best time but we knew it would happen just not what or when. I will stay a week and look into this. Ember your spare bedroom was nice so if you don't mind I'll stay there. We need to get to the bottom of this." I nodded and called Sasha to make up the spare room.

I asked "Just a thought, why did you send me the spell books and the testing box when you did? Why through Helen?"

Grandmother sighed "I thought you were in the clear so I passed the bag on. The books are only copies and the box is something you needed. As to why through Helen, I did not want to use Darla for this I wanted her in the dark as much as you. I did not know that they were dogging Helen's trail so close."

I thought a moment "Did you pick the school or did Helen? I know now that there are many from Crystalis and Sanctuary going there. Was that chance or did you know?"

She chuckled "A bit of both. I found the school but did not know there was any current students there. The Headmaster is a old friend."

Angel asked "I was never told, who picked Ember to look after me at the school? I do know it was not the plan. I was not to see her again till much later." Angel took my hand and squeezed it.

Grandmother Sighed "The plan went right the window when Embers feminine side started to show so much. We were scrambling to make a new plan that made sense. I was the one that told Aslila to put the two of you together. She picked how. We left all others out of the plan making after that. Once the two of you were together everything changed so fast it was so hectic. Then there was those Tangent buggers. You two were running ahead and throwing us so many curves we still don't know what we are going to do. Like I told Ember you two are Change! It is in both of your natures. It is up to you two to change these worlds to something that can survive. With that I will say good night. It is gettig late and I am old so I am going to bed." With that she kissed us both on the forehead and left the room.

I looked at Angel "Well no pressure. Do you want to have a look at my Ice spell book? You never know when you might need one of those spells." I dug into the bag then had a thought. I pulled out my useful spell book and flipped through till I found what I wanted. I pulled the ice magic spell book an cast a spell on it. then there was two spell books there. I grinned Copy spell. I handed her the new book. I then picked up the first one and said "First spell you should already know." And that is how we spent a few hours going through the spell books. Then we said good night and she headed to Crystal Hall. It was late but she said she had to get back. I went up to bed after that.

In the morning I had breakfast with Grandmother then went to check on how the Mage Hall was coming. There was still a lot of work to be done but it was looking good. Sophie was mostly in charge over there. I did not interfere. I headed to check for good spots for the wedding. I was flying around looking and wondering where a good spot would be. When I caught sight of Ben and Byron walking along the edge of the lake. I swooped down and landed in front of them. I said "Hi boys having a good day?"

Ben smiled "I am now" He leaned over and gave me a peck on the lips. Sparks flew and we laughed. "What are you up to my very busy soon to be bride?"

I said "Looking for the right place to hold the ceremony. It has to be central and big enough to hold almost all of Sanctuary's people. That's not easy in a cavern like this one. The lake takes up so much space. That's it a floating island in the lake made to be a bridge from side to side. I will get my Mages on it right away. Hmm how to do it? I will have to think on that. Hello Byron how are you?"

He bowed "Very well your highness. You are looking quite happy this morning."

I nodded "Yes I do feel happy everything is coming together for this wedding. I am almost finished with preparations. Ben have you picked your grooms men?"

Ben smiled "Yes, Byron is my best man and three knights are the grooms men. Their names are Stan, Jeff and Reed."

I frowned in thought "Is that the Jeff that was hurt on the last food run? Has he recovered?"

Ben smiled "Yes and Yes. He came back to work yesterday."

I smiled "That's good news. Well I need to get back to work. Later my love. Later Byron." Off I flew to think of how to make a floating Island. I made it back to my home for lunch with Grandmother. We talked about the Island idea and came up with a few ways to do it. The best was not floating at all. But to take a layer of the lake bottom and put it on stilts. then covering the land with grass via a spell. I thought about it and would try it tomorrow. It would give us more land to work with and a easier way to cross the lake. I knew how I would get the magic too. I would use the waterfall and my steel ledge to call on the elements of water and earth. That should give me a lot of magic to work with. I will have Vanessa working with me as well. I will bring in Helen and Sammie from the farm to help. Both are earth mages. If we all cast the spell at the same time it will work well. I spent the rest of the day with Grandmother crafting the spell.

Sunday Morning I gathered the mages I needed and got ready to cast the biggest spell of my life. I had Vanessa, Helen, Sammie and me. I added Linda a water mage. So there was five of us to cast this spell. I had them stand around the lake with me on the ledge above it. We used link crystals to get the timing right. Then we cast the spell. Everyone was in on the perfect time. I felt a rush like nothing I had ever felt before. The land came up the water went down the stilts were in place the land was one piece of rock and at the center of the new Island was a statue ten feet tall of a beautiful woman carrying a staff. I was looking down on it and all but me had fainted from the cost of the spell. I flew down slowly I was pretty wiped out myself but I had to check the rest. Vanessa woke while I was checking her but went out again a moment later. The other three were still breathing but out for the count. I had them taken to the Hall of magic and made a infirmary out of one of the practice rooms. After the four were on cots sleeping it off watched over by Sasha, I sat down finally. I must have went out for a while because next thing I know I was in bed at my home with Grandmother watching over me.

I said "The others?" Grandmother smiled.

She said "Your mages are recovering. You took the brunt of the spell. They fell away during the spell and you finished it by yourself. It was a close thing but it worked and it is big enough for what you want. Sophie and Eva are working on the bridges to the Island. You have been asleep for three days. Veronica has cast the spells now the rock is covered by grass. You have a good bunch of mages here. They try and work hard for you. But then you try and work harder. The first animals for the farm have been brought in. I think that was a good idea. I tried to get up but she held me down with a firm hand. "Oh no you don't not yet. You need to recover yourself." I stopped trying. I was falling back to sleep when I heard. "Oh yes, my dear you are going to change the worlds and this time your going to get it right." Then I was out.

To be Continued
Life giving Comments Welcomed and loved.
up
196 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

As usual

Great chapter, I think Ember is gonna get really frustrated with Grandmothers secret-keeping and manipulation.

nomad

Hopefully

Hopefully the flattening of the Tangent compound will make them stop their attacks on Sanctuary(at least for a while).

Ember should be taught to be a little more careful in casting major spells. You can't have your Grand Mage in bed for 3 days afterwards.

Great story Gypsy Woman. Thank you.
Joanna

wow!!!

Alecia Snowfall's picture

Gypsy this chapter was wonderful. I can really begin to see Sanctuary come together more and more daily for our group. Ember and Angel are truly growing in power, especially Ember. I hope we've seen the last of the Tangent. Cryss has a brood now, that's wonderful, but I do agree. they do need names. Perhaps they could go into the care of the Sanctuary nobility. Angel to have one, Ben, Zoe, and so on; signify their membership to royal council.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

GypsyWoman,

GypsyWoman,
What a wonderful story you are weaving with this delightful one. Are you also using special jewels and spells to create this? Nice if so. Love the descriptions of her new crown and wedding dressing, they both sound fantastic and the dress must be beyond beautiful to see.
She and Ben will make a darling couple; and hopefully very soon Angel will also find her one true love. As I do hope all the others characters in this story do. Well, maybe not so much Ben's mother, she seems to be too mean and self-important to rate a loving husband, whom she would most likely run rough-shod over all the time.
Hugs, Janice

Phew! Finally caught up.

Thank you for this enchanting story.

A little confused as to the motives of some of the external factions but perhaps I have missed something.

In a world of such purity and birth, my mind's eye still visualizes Sanctuary in a cavern, buried, hiding from the light. I hope this perception will change.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

ok now you've got me curious,

ok now you've got me curious, what did she mean by "this time" you re going to get it right

This time

GypsyWoman's picture

That is yet to be seen. Only Grandmother knows. The comment was on the edge of sleep so even Ember is not sure.

Kat H