The Lyssa Kordenay Missions - Book 22 - Sisters and Nightmares

Printer-friendly version

 

SaN cover.PNG
Book 22 of The Lyssa Kordenay Missions!
  An understudy of Lyssa is in Chicago
 but something terrifying is there too!

WARNING: The Lyssa Kordenay Missions may be
hyper-violent for some readers.

 

 


 

Sisters and Nightmares

 
 
 
CHAPTER 1

Marissa watched as the sheet was pulled back and gasped in horror at the face revealed. Her younger sister had dark marks around her neck, a bruise on her cheek. He pulled the sheet back up but not before revealing several marks on her chest. She couldn't help it and pulled the sheet further down and saw them. Cuts. Slits. Holes.

"Miss. Please.....that's not going to help," another man gently moved the sheet back up to cover the dead girl.

Marissa sobbed, "its her. its Jeanie.....Janine."

The Coroner started to slide the platform back.

Marissa grabbed at it, "Please don't! Jeanie's afraid of the dark!"

She looked back to the detective,"Please don't put her in there!"

The Detective gently steered her to the door and walked her out, "There's some things to take care of Ms. Addams."

The ballerina from Hawaii cried trying to focus her eyes on the sheets of paper being handed to her to fill out and sign. After the final form was signed a brown envelope was handed to her along with a slip of paper. As Marissa walked out cameras flashed and lights came on.

someone thrust a microphone at her, "Marissa! Marissa! How do you feel about your sister being raped and murdered by the Satin Slasher?"

Other microphones and recorders began pushing to get a response. People began shoving and pushing to get closer. Someone surged forward, slamming Marissa in the face, holding a microphone. An officer grabbed them and promptly started reading them Miranda rights.

"You can't arrest me! I have First Amendment rights," the reporter protested.

The officer stated, "You're being arrested for assault dip-shit, you just punched a woman in the face in public, multiple witnesses and cameras to confirm that. Oh and you can quote me on that asshole. Anybody else want a night on the City?"

The crowd began to ease back giving Marissa room as she held her hand over her eye and hurried to her car and sped away. She got to the hotel and rushed inside. Marissa rode the elevator up then ran down the hall and fumbled to unlock the door. Inside she fell back against the closed the door and broke down, all but screaming.

~o~O~o~

Lyssa looked up when she heard the newscaster open with the name Marissa Addams. She listened closely to the rest of the news report but had missed the bulk of it. Lyssa got up from the couch and hurried to her laptop. Easily she pulled up breaking news feeds using Marissa's name and read the story.

Lyssa wasted no time, rushing to the bedroom and grabbed clothes and threw them into her suitcase. Chicago was one of the few places she didn't have a house. After a minute of debate she called the airport and made a first class reservation on a direct flight to chicago. A second call to Madison to meet her at the office to pick her up and take to the airport. She passed off her car keys as well for Rodrick in case he came back from the Bahamas before she returned.

She checked her suitcase through and kept the carry-on case with her. It took twenty minutes to get through security then board the plane. The flight wasn't very long but she managed a nap easily and hit the ground in chicago running after sunset.

 

Lyssa rented a car then made a call to Madison who had traced Marissa's credit card to the James Hotel, a boutique hotel favored by the arts and entertainment crowd looking to be low-key.

Madison's search also got Lyssa the room number as well. Lyssa registered there as well but took the penthouse, she dropped off her luggage and went down to Marissa's room.

She knocked gently then again and called out,"Marissa. Marissa. Its me Lyssa, open up."

the door yanked open and the brunette bolted out crying, "Lyssa! I'm so glad you're here!"

Lyssa guided her friend back into the room and sat her down.

"Its not chance you're here. You came for me. Didn't you,"Marissa sniffed.

Lyssa nodded, "Tell me everything. including how you got that shiner."

Marissa covered her eye unconsciously then slowly started telling her everything.

"Lyssa you already knew Jeanie was here. She had only a month left at the university before she was going to Moscow to study under Olga at Bolshoi. Someone; no. Some monster took her Lyssa! She was raped. That. That disgusting, vile, inhuman MONSTER! Took my baby sister, raped her, and then cut up her body. Oh god Lyssa; there were bruises and knife marks all over her! I hate whoever did this Lyssa! I want them to hurt so much more than they ever did to Jeanie! Lyssa, I ask favor of the Ghost Legend; take me and Jeanie home," Marissa begged her mentor as she sobbed.

Lyssa hugged the young woman who once was her understudy, now a Prima herself, and nodded, "I can not grant favor in this. I will take you two home, there will be no debt. You will owe me no favor and no thanks for this."

Lyssa went down the hall and brought back some ice in a small bag which she wrapped in a towel and put over Marissa's eye.

"Marissa, how many people know you are in this exact room," Lyssa asked.

"I gave the police my cell number," Marissa answered.

"Ok. Grab your things. Come with me," she replied.

They collected the luggage and went up to the penthouse. Lyssa had her check out via the night manager.

"Now you have some privacy Marissa. Its not known to the press I am here. It won't last long though," Lyssa said then ordered some hot chocolate.

She secretly sprinkled a small amount of a sedative powder into it then gave to Marissa. Once Marissa was asleep Lyssa called Dannigan.

 

"Its late Kordenay," the spook answered on the second ring.

Lyssa spoke in an icy voice, "I'm in Chicago. I want some things."

Dannigan was wide awake now, "oh shit! What's the story?"

"Some idiotic fuck of a serial killer slaughtered Marissa Addams little sister here. I need Kimberly to start doing what she knows how to do. I'm going hunting. Send me an armament load here at the hotel I'm at. The sick fuck belongs to me now," Lyssa said coldly.

Dannigan sighed, "Marissa studied under you, I remember her name. You'll get what can be had on intel. You're shipment will be there soon. Full residential package."

It was understood what such a package contained. Several of her Jericho pistols, CAR-15s, Colt 10mm pistols for Rodrick, Heckler and Koch MP-7s, grenades (frag, concussion, incendiary, flashbangs, smoke and tear-gas), additional knives, claymores, plastic explosives, Det-Cord, Det-sheet, blasting caps, detonators, magazines and rounds. The exact same load out she had at each of her houses. The package would arrive as two large hard suitcases by special courier.

Lyssa disconnected and stared out the window, "enjoy your moment while you can. I'm coming for you. I'm coming soon and not a damn thing on this earth will stop what's going to happen to you."

~o~O~o~

Detective Todd Mulhearn groaned. The FBI criminal behaviour team were inbound. their plane had landed and they were on their way in. The whole case just went to hell as far as he was concerned.

The last time the FBI took over multiple murder in chicago; they blew it big time. The perpetrator stayed a step ahead and tried to run for Canada ending in a shoot-out with Immigration with another 5 people murdered in the firefight, including a transit authority officer, two federal agents wounded and a canine crippled and had to be put down.

The Transit officer had been his brother-in-law. His own sister still constantly blames him for the death.

The liason agent walked over,"Detective Mulhearn? I'm agent Harton."

Mulhearn looked up," I know who you are agent Harton. where's S.A.C. Williams?"

"I'm right here Detective," a dark suited man answered.

Mulhearn stood up and beckoned them to follow then led them down to an empty office, "Everything is in here and the coffee machine is over there. that's it."

The smirking Fed blocked him,"what's the attitude for? taking the case?"

Mulhearn looked at him steadily then said flatly,"No Special Asshole in Charge. Your last fuck-up here got a bunch of people killed. Including my brother-in-law. Now every sunday afternoon I repeatedly have try to explain to my sister why she shouldn't blame me for your incompetence that made her world go to Hell. She miscarried their baby when she got the call he was dead. No husband, no baby. Just misery and I get your blame for it because you wanted to grand stand to be in newspapers."

The Chicago cop's voice carried well, everybody could hear him. All had stopped to listen as the FBI team of profilers felt the urge to want to melt into a wall.

When Williams gave him a blank look the cop continued,"We HAD the sonofabitch! You OVER-GLORIFIED JACK ASSES took us off his trail and sent everybody in the wrong direction, letting him slip through our net. So you tell me fuckhead; why should I be anymore accomodating that I just was? You personally deserve a life altering ass beating just for coming back here! Hurry the fuck up and get out of town, you're not wanted here!"

Everyone was silent as Mulhearn stomped back to his desk. The Captain stood in his doorway and crooked a finger at him. Mulhearn walked over to the office and closed the door behind him.

"Sit down Todd,"the captain said.

"Captain don't start with the 'Bureau has jurisdiction' shit," Mulhearn said.

"This is off the record. I hate 'em as much as you do, Eddie was a good man, but they do have jurisdiction. The Chief called them in because the Mayor wanted them here. That doesn't mean we can't still work the case, but tread carefully and quietly. Got it," The captain asked.

Mulhearn nodded then walked out, "got it Bill."


CHAPTER 2

Dannigan had went back to his office and used every snooper program he had to gather all the information about the murders in Chicago then picked up the phone and dialed the number to Rodrick's hangar in the Bahamas.

"Pete's private portal to purgatory," a sarcastic voice announced.

"Nice one. Been practicing that for a week haven't you," Dannigan asked.

"oh its you. Ramrod ain't here super-spook. he had a hop but should be done tomorrow, want him to call you back," Pete asked.

Dannigan chuckled at the nick-name, "No; actually I need to talk to Kimberly."

Pete tried to cover the mouthpice and yelled for Kimberly to pick up on line one then came back,"No sweat. she'll pick up in just a sec in the office."

Pete put him on hold and a moment later the line picked up again and Kimberly spoke,"Yes?"

"hello Kimberly. I need that brain of yours,"Dannigan said.

"yes Major,"she answered,"What can I do?"

"I'm sending raw intel; a serial killer. Lyssa is going hunting," he replied.

Kimberly typed in the passwords and saw the file loading, "I'll get right on it Major."

"Moore I'm not gonna snow you. This is personal for her. Its your time to really shine so make it count," Dannigan informed her.

"yes sir; I'm all over it here," Kimberly disconnected.

Dannigan cradled the reciever then sent a message to Lyssa;

Kimberly working now, find something for you soon.

Lyssa read the message and confirmed it along with the request for the armament package. There was no reply, meaning she'd have it no later than the following morning. She then pulled up on her laptop house listings and made an appointment to view three that caught her interest.

~o~O~o~

Morning came quickly. By lunch she signed the papers on one and had the payment transferred from the Zurich account and arranged for utilities to be turned on with high speed internet as well then ordered furnishing and appliances and went out to purchase a car. a Dodge Viper, a Lincoln Navigator and the neccessary parts to modify the Viper. Luckily a local shop had the parts in stock and did the modifications.

That evening she returned to the hotel and found Marissa sitting on the couch staring out the window.

"Hey. How long you been up," Lyssa asked.

Marissa looked around then turned to her,"I dunno. I feel like i slept a long time."

Lyssa sat beside her and hugged her, "I forwarded your phone to mine, the police didn't call but an FBI agent did. They want to talk to you tomorrow. They'll come here to talk to you so you don't get hassled again. I'll be out during the morning so you have privacy but all you have to do is call."

Marissa nodded, "ok. Thanks Lyssa. Prima Lyssa, the Ghost Legend; who will never let us fail."

Lyssa smoothed a lock of hair back from her eyes," Go get washed up. Dinner will be here in a couple of minutes and no arguing, you will eat."

Marissa got up and slowly went to the bathroom to wash up then return just as Room Service announced themselves. Lyssa coaxed, badgered and even outright bullied Marissa to eatting the dinner of her favorite things then take a hot bubblebath. After getting her friend settled back in for the night then took one herself.

~o~O~o~

She woke up at six am local and went for a run. when she got back; the desk clerk informed her of the arrival of her delayed suitcases. Lyssa thanked her and returned a few minutes later with her rental keys. Lyssa took the suitcases to her Navigator. She rushed back up, showered and dressed then woke Marissa up for breakfast.

They finished their meal and Marissa was sent to get ready for the day. Someone knocked on the door after an hour, Lyssa opened it to two FBI agents showing their credentials.

"Come in. please have a seat, Marissa will be out in just a minute. She's getting dressed,"Lyssa told them.

"And you are," the male agent asked.

"Lyssa Kordenay. I trained Marissa," she gave him a side look.

"Trained? what kind of training," he asked.

Lyssa gave him a firm look, "I'll see your IDs again please. The both of you."

They picked up quickly that she wasn't requesting. The blonde woman's whole demeanor had changed in an instant. She was ordering them like a pair of probationary rookies. They showed their credentials again and Lyssa carefully examined them at great length.

"Why are we showing our ID's again," the agent named Mary Quintanera asked.

"Because any investigator worth their badge would know Marissa is a ballerina. a Prima that trained under me for some time at Bolshoi. FBI field agents wouldn't make such a careless mistake unless they aren't up to the standards of reputation. That is unless all you do is interviews for the investigating team," Lyssa gave them both a scrutinizing look.

"I'm Special Agent In Charge Williams Ms.Kordenay and comments like that don't set well with me," he glared.

Lyssa went ice cold and stepped in close, "Make no mistake. I've danced for old line Russian generals and the soviet cabinet. Command performances for the royalty of England, Norway and Monaco as well as heads of state and international corporations too. Don't think for one second you can stare me down and make me quail. You've never had what it takes to even think it. You'd better bring out your a-game or I'm quite sure I know somebody that will ensure a competent team of investigators are brought in to deal with the killer of my understudy's baby sister who was about to attend the Bolshoi academy herself. I hear the Attorney General is a great admirer of ballet...."

Marissa walked in and saw the intense look Lyssa was giving the FBI agent, "You'd better give up now mister. Lyssa goes toe-to-toe with producers and directors that make more money in one month than the both of you put together all year. I've even seen her make an ex-KGB guy sit up and bark. She ALWAYS wins."

Lyssa gave her friend a snarky look then went over and hugged her," I'll be back later. I have business."

"Da PRIMA Lyssa. Be nice to people today," Marissa said.

Lyssa picked up her purse and keys and left.

 

After she left the female agent asked, "Be nice to people?"

Marissa shrugged, "She's going to go tell Playboy no again. They found out she's in town yesterday. Its the second time they've asked her to pose and she won't do it."

That made the female agent raise her eyebrows. Women were rarely asked actively to pose for the iconic magazine and she'd never heard of anybody that said no to be asked again.

Agent Williams cleared his throat calling them both back to the subject at hand and began the interview. Fifteen minutes later they left.

Marissa had been interviewed for magazines and newspaper columns before. The agents didn't leave her with a comfortable feeling. In fact she felt more afraid than anything else when they left.

~o~O~o~

Even though she had only been on the island for three days Kimberly finished her summary then sent it back to Dannigan. Lyssa was going after a real monster. Kimberly had spent all night pouring of the raw data and found what she was looking for. She submitted a profile and possible location of his hunting grounds.

Most of the victims had two or three places in common but one really stood out. a coffee shop where each one got a coffee or a hot chocolate at least every other afternoon, at least the debit cards said that. More than likely cash was used by some.

All victims had last been seen wearing exercise apparel and in the latest victim's case, dancewear. Mister Bad-guy had a thing for young, fit, tan, light brown haired, blue-eyed girls. Not like the steel-eyed, blonde Lyssa.

The FBI were all over the place but dismissed the coffe shop connection, if it didn't connect all in a way that could be verified they omitted it. they didn't overlay victim travel patterns and see that the coffee shop was nearby to all whether they were coming or going to fitness facilities and in the dancer's case the college arts department.

The FBI field agents were being very accomodating by filing hourly reports which was how she knew of the dismissed coffeeshop. Unlike the Feds looking to prosecute, Lyssa was gunning for the guy. A stalker of women was about to meet the hunter of men. Kimberly closed out with an addendum message;

Good luck Lyssa, Kim.

Kimberly unconsciously touched her face. She had spent two weeks in a special medical facility undergoing treatment and surgery. DARPA had overseen a growth hormone project that ended up going sideways. Instead of muscular, high endurance soldiers; they had ended up with five very feminine looking subjects. Dannigan had found the discarded project information and utilized it for Lyssa's transition; Project Chrysalis. That project re-instituted for Kimberly Susan Moore. Designation: Lightning Bug.

Kimberly also had a teflon frame slid under her facial muscles and adhered to her skull to change her facial structure. Lyssa had not lied when she warned of pain. All in all, Kimberly would not be recognizable to anyone from her past.

Like Lyssa, her previous identity had been officially declared deceased with a funeral. Keith Thompson was no more. Kimberly Susan Moore was now very real and would even be able to go to Washington to watch Lyssa dance for Christmas. She was happy. Kimberly was doing what she did best and living on a private island in the Bahamas on top of that. She was even getting paid, too! Life was great.

~o~O~o~

Agent Williams had asked Research for all they had on Lyssa Kordenay and now read the file. It started with the usual information which was no suprise then he saw the listing of Juliard and Bolshoi along with an Italian modeling school. suffix notes provided told him those academies were the ones that generated professionals; long time professionals. High level dancers that turned into renowned teachers. The kind that aspiring dancers would give anything to train under.

The modeling was all European and some Asian. She maintained a residence outside Washington, in Virginia, but spent a lot of time in the Caribbean.

She was also engaged to a sketchy private pilot named Rodrick Mason, an ex-SEAL who's very slim file read in big bold letters, BACK THE FUCK OFF. Ok, that explained her attitude.

She wasn't lying about who she had danced for either; command and royal performances. Prissy ballerina with a pitbull boyfriend or not, he was still an FBI special agent. He'd make the papers again catching a serial killer. His plan was to run down all the staff at the gyms the women had in common.

~o~O~o~

Lyssa had finished with the domestic projects. Her weapons and ordinance were secure, now it was time to go hunting. Kimberly's packet gave her exactly what it was she needed. His hunting ground. A quick lunch with Marissa and two of jeanie's friends from the arts department at college got Marissa out of her stupor.

Lyssa encouraged her to go to the studio with them. she'd been saddened but seen what her sister had been doing and how hard she'd been training, Maybe Marissa could temporary mentor the class.

Lyssa ordered a hot chocolate at the counter then sat at a table and logged in using the free wifi to check her facebook and go through social messages then watch videos of up and coming new dancers from the area.

 

After a couple of hours she noticed a woman walking in wearing workout/dance wear. a redhead. Still Lyssa watched the men, you never knew when a psycho would flip preferences. She ordered a local version of a water with supplements then left. Nobody reacted as Kimberly suggested Lyssa to watch for, undisguised hatred or complete robotic automation.

The current barista wasn't a possible; he kept checking out the other guys, specifically office types. It was almost six when a girl withdark honey colored hair walked in wearing spandex and aerobic shoes. Lyssa redlined her senses and watched. The woman ordered a hot chocolate. Lyssa's hyper-awareness caught it. The reaction she'd been waiting for.

The guy by the window wearing chinos and a dark polo shirt. He didn't give her the casual up/down. He'd locked his eyes on her and had a stoney expression, but it was his eyes that gave him away. Intense hatred. While he watched her through the window walking down the sidewalk away; Lyssa stepped in close tossing her empty cup in the trash and slid a small tracker into his jacket.

She gave him a five minute head start then followed his signal in her car. a gym was the first stop. She watched him go inside then come back out a few minutes later. Next he went to the woman's apartment building and finally back to a four story building that definitely seen better days; over thirty years ago. Alot of windows missing and no fire escape. No lights. In fact there were no street lights for three posts in either direction.

'Kimberly should see this,' Lyssa thought.

The new intel specialist had all but given an address in the profile. She slipped out and installed a booster to relay information from the tracker. a quick call to check on Marissa as she drove back to her new house brought good news, she was out to dinner with the girls from the college.

Lyssa geared up with her usual combat rig then returned to the old tenement concealing her car a block away behind a dumpster. She climbed to the top of a neighboring abandoned building and settled in on the roof. Now the waiting began.


CHAPTER 3

He rammed the knife into the picture he'd taken and printed up. People called her Diane but he knew better, it was Heather again. Prancing around showing off herself to everyone without the slightest bit of respect for him. How quickly she'd forgot that it was him that encouraged her, worked beside her everyday to get the body she wanted. How dare she leave him for somebody else after she got it. He'd remind the ungrateful bitch her place was with him. With him or nobody.

Just after the sun had set he drove to the alley between the coffee shop and gym to wait. An hour later he stood next to the street, as she walked by he sprang slamming into her hard. Clamping a chlorophormed rag over her mouth and nose and holding her arms to her sides with his other carrying her into the alley.

Within moments she had stopped struggling allowing him to tie her wrists and ankles then press tape across her mouth in the back of the station wagon. He covered her with a dark blanket then closed the door and jumped behind the wheel. He fought the urge to rocket through the alleys and streets to hurry back.

~o~O~o~

Lyssa had seen him leave. She hurried down to the ground and worked her way across through the high weeds of the vacant lot to the derelict looking building. She flattened herself against the wall and free climbed up to the second floor to slither in through a broken window. Carefully she worked her way down to the basement and began clearing the building.

The third floor revealed what she searched for. Essentially a very large walk in cooler. Inside was a grotesque chamber of horrors, a large table covered with blood stains. On the wall were several long locks of hair tied with a strip of material and tacked to a photo. It took all she had not to empty her stomach in revulsion.

Lyssa recognized the photo of Marissa's sister Jeanie. underneath it a lock of hair tied with scrap of pink chiffon. It had been torn from her head, not cut. She stroked the clutch of hair through her gloved fingers. Lyssa felt the anger rise within herself. She felt her blood to run ice cold then turned to the door. Silently Lyssa moved back to the stairwell. Her boots were soundless walking down the stairs, the supressed Jericho auto-pistols leading the way. The arrival of a car signalled her to take cover.

~o~O~o~

The man had returned and he wasn't empty handed. A grim shadow silently followed him back up. At the insulated door he stopped.

The man growled,"Welcome back home Heather."

He yanked at the door then fell, pain bolting through his leg. A flash of fire and pain went through his other leg. He looked down and saw both knees were mangled. He didn't understand. Then it hit him, Somebody trying to take Heather from him.

"NO! SHE'S MINE," He struggled to get closer to her.

Two more flashes and he couldn't move his arms.

 

Lyssa stepped from deep within the shadows like a grim apparition. The swirls of facial combat paint obscuring her features and making her eyes seem to glow. She holstered the pistols and closed in drawing the Marauder from the back of her leg.

"In the movies, the characters seem to be all scared shitless and make stupid decisions running around trying to get away from a psycho with an ax, chainsaw or something like that as he just stomps around constantly behind them," Lyssa commented, "this isn't the movies. I'm not some airheaded bimbo that runs around freaking out. I'm going to introduce you to what pain and suffering really are."

First she dug the bullet from the face of the door then found a small hole in the floor and dug from it the second bullet. Lyssa pressed one knee down on his chest and pinned his wrist with her boot and then slowly pressed the tip of the blade into his shoulder and started digging the bullet out.

He screamed and tried to thrash her off but all it did was cause her knee to slide down to his throat making him gag and choke until she retrieved the slug. She shifted her position ramming her other knee down at the top of his chest and stamping her boot down on his other wrist then digging into his other shoulder with the wicked looking knife for the remaining bullet.

He screeched and tried to shake her off but all it got him was the shift of her knee to his throat again. She held up the deformed bullet she'd dug out of his shoulder and showed it to him. Lyssa then stood and started dragging him into the dark room that smelled of blood and death. A chain looped around his neck tightened as he was dragged up onto the table and secured.

Lyssa went back and checked the woman. The scent of chloroform was obvious. Lyssa gave her just a little of the same sedative she'd used on Marissa to ensure the woman would be out for another hour or two.

He tried to squirm away cursing but she slammed a punch to his temple stunning him then she brought the blade down the length of his torso slicing open his shirt, pants, underwear and some skin. Fire streaked through him causing him to scream out.

Lyssa leaned in and hissed into his ear, "the things I'd do if I had the time. you're lucky I don't. You won't like what I do with the time I do have."

Lyssa held his wrist up then rammed her forearm against the back of his elbow. The crack and resulting scream echoed in the death chamber. She repeated that with his other arm then both wrists followed by each finger joint. He was already screaming wildly as she then did the same with his toes, ankles and knees.

"Now for the main event," Lyssa said calmly, not even breathing hard.

She grasped the front of his hairline and pressed the blade against his forehead then pulled it hard guiding the edge into the skin and along his skull, essentially scalping him. From there she cut away his clothing and began slowly skinning him alive. Lyssa would trace the tip of the razor sharp Marauder under his skin then held the skin against the flat of its blade and pulled down slowly.

Arnold Robbins had no idea who the person was or why they were doing this to him. He wanted his Heather to understand she belonged to him. He thrashed and screamed as the black clad person ripped his skin off slowly and dropped each piece to the floor.

Finally, for effect, she emasculated him and held the severed genitals in front of him. She then turned his head to look at her eyes and sliced into his neck that would guide the blood down into his lungs. Cold steel grey eyes looked into his pain filled brown ones as Lyssa leaned close.

She whispered an icy hiss, "Past the Gates; before the Devil's throne, I've seen Hell. Tell them I sent you."

Lyssa melted away into darkness and all he could hear was his own gagging and choking from drowning in his own blood.

~o~O~o~

Diane heard no sounds and felt as it she were laying on a dirty floor. Everything hurt but she struggled to sit up in the dark, something fell from her and clattered. She felt around and found it, a cellphone, hers. She flipped it open and dialed nine-one-one.

"Nine-One-One what is your emergency," a voice asked.

"Please help me, somebody took me and I don't know where I am. I'm on my cellphone, my name is Diane Condelinni please help me I'm scared," she whispered.

"Please stay on the line, we're trying to find your location by GPS..........stay with me Diane, I'll find you just hold on and stay with me," the operator instructed her in a calm voice.

"Please hurry, I'm scared to even move,"Diane begged.

The line was quiet for a moment then the operator came back, "Diane we know where you are and police are coming, stay on the line Diane. Help is coming."

 

Minutes later, sirens could be heard in the distance and she whispered that she could hear them, then cars screeching to a stop. She could hear the officers shouting then breaking the door in and running up the stairs calling out her name.

"I'M HERE," She yelled.

The officers ran up the remaining stairs and approached her slowly checking for any hidden attackers.

An officer gathered her up and freed her hands and ankles,"We got you,Ma'am."

Diane sobbed to his shoulder as she was carried down, an ambulance's siren in the distance getting closer.

The last thing she heard was another officer, "HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!! Somebody call detective Mulhearn. Looks like a slaughterhouse in here!"

~o~O~o~

Mulhearn walked in and looked at the walls, photos of the recent victims, the souvenier hair, bloody knives, chains and ropes were there.

"Get this processed and packed up fast. Fuck the Feds. I don't want them getting wind of this," he ordered.

The forensics team did; they video taped, photographed every square inch of the large cooler then bagged and catalogued each item. The coroner took the body and the removed skin and scalp. By sunrise everything was done and he was sitting at his desk with a cup of coffee going over preliminary notes when Agent Williams stormed in.

 

"WHO THE HELL AUTHORIZED THE CONTAMINATION OF THAT CRIME SCENE," the Fed bellowed.

The Police Commissioner, the Captain and the Governor all stepped out of the Captain's office unnoticed by the agent as he reached down and grabbed Mulhearn by his jacket.

Williams raged, "YOU!!!! YOU RUINED MY CASE! I SHOULD HAVE YOU LOCKED UP MULHEARN!!!!"

Mulhearn didn't even smile, "Piss off Quantico. we need you less now than we did before."

Williams lost it and let fly with a punch. Officers all over the room jumped from their seats and shouted for Mulhearn to fight him. Two more punches then Mulhearn scooped him up and threw him several feet away.

The governor stepped in front of the agent looking down, "The Director will hear about this Agent Williams. Strike three I hear...."

The other agents blocked Williams from making the situation worse and herded him to the door.


CHAPTER 4

Marissa walked out of the bedroom sleepily rubbing her eyes.

"Morning sleepyhead," Lyssa greeted her.

"Morning," she mumbled back then took the coffee from her and sipped it.

"Hurry up and eat Marissa, Rodrick will be here in three hours. We're taking you and Jeanie home now," Lyssa said softly.

She nodded and ate the toast, some of the fruit and drank the milk and juice poured for her. After breakfast Marissa went to shower and dress. Lyssa had already made arrangements with a mortuary service to prepare Jeanie's body to be taken back to Hawaii via Rodrick's plane. All Marissa had to do was sign her out from the service at the private runway.

~o~O~o~

Rodrick and Pete both walked down the steps and hugged her then Lyssa walked her up into the Gulfstream so that Rodrick and Pete could assist the service loading the casket into the cargo space. Pete supervised the refueling while Rodrick filed the continuation flightplan and paid for the fuel.

Within the hour they were taking off flying southwest. Rodrick came back after they were at altitude and sat next to Lyssa.

Rodrick reached over and held Marissa's hand, "Honey I'm awful sorry that your first ride on my plane has to be like this."

Marissa nodded and sniffed, "What about Jeanie?"

"All taken care of," Lyssa answered, "your parents have somebody meeting us when we land to pick her up and they'll take home themselves."

"We'll stay for the service Marissa,"Rodrick added.

Marissa leaned forward and hugged Lyssa then Rodrick,"thank you both. I wouldn't know what to do about all this."

Lyssa replied gently, "Its what we could do Marissa. In trouble I'll always come for you, my friend."

Rodrick echoed, "Always."

Lyssa reclined Marissa's seat and Rodrick tucked a blanket around her. They both went to the back of the plane to talk.

"Heard it was a real mess," Rodrick commented.

"I took care of it. Its done and he won't be a problem to anybody," Lyssa said flatly.

"Feds are eighteen different kinds of pissed off, the locals are stumped but glad. Seems the lead detective on the case had an ax to grind with the Feds that got called in but he's happy they're out of his hair," Rodrick informed her.

Lyssa looked at him pointedly, "I'm clean. Nobody saw or heard anything."

He nodded then went back to the cockpit to alternate flying time with Pete. They refueled at LAX then continued on to Hawaii.

~o~O~o~

Rodrick brought the plane down gently then taxied to the private hangars where a hearse and group of people awaited. Marissa all but ran down the stairs when Pete lowered them and was taken into her family's hug. Rodrick brought out her suitcase and passed it to her brother and shook hands with him and their father.

Pete had went over to the mortuary service and asked them to wait until the family had taken Marissa and the women home. When the car pulled away he signalled the service to pull up. Pete and Rodrick helped them transfer the casket into the hearse while Lyssa spoke to the director about the family bringing the appropriate clothing then they secured the plane and took a rental to Lyssa's house. They rested that night and prepared for the wake the next day.

~o~O~o~

The following day was a saturday and the funeral was that afternoon. Several young women that had taken ballet with Jeanie stepped forward and placed keepsakes into the coffin with her along with telling the story behind it.

Lyssa stepped forward holding a pair of new pointe shoes, "Jeanie was getting ready for Bolshoi. She was so excited. I promised her new shoes to take for her training. I went ahead and sewed her ribbons and elastic on them. Dance with angels Jeanie."

Lyssa gently placed the shoes in next to her.

Finally Marissa herself stepped forward, "when I was named Prima; Lyssa gave me the tiara she wore for The Nutcracker in Moscow. I wore it for my first production as principal dancer, The Nutcracker in Royal Albert Hall. Jeanie was so proud. I promised her she'd have it."

Marissa carefully placed the tiara on Jeanie's head then started crying and had to be helped back to her chair. Lyssa leaned down and hugged her friend. A local Kahuna lead them all in a prayer and a family friend danced a hula of goodbye as the casket was lowered. Everyone filed past the family with hugs and handshakes with their condolences. After the burial many followed the family home including Lyssa.

Rodrick and Pete went into town claiming to go check the plane, she knew they were going to go meet up with old friends currently stationed nearby at Pearl Harbor.

~o~O~o~

Dannigan read the memo from the Attorney General to the Director of the FBI and the Assistant Director in charge of the behavioural unit at Quantico. it seemed that the resignation of S.A.C. Williams was being demanded at the insistance of the Governor of Illinois and the brass of Chicago police.

Also if the Bureau didn't up its standards of behaviour and performance for agents they'd be denied any cooperation by local and state authorities in Illinois.

Kimberly had noted in her packet to him:

Agent Williams has conflict with the practical application of his theoretical resources.

Lyssa's venacular was more to the point; the man was educated beyond his intelligence. Kimberly had also interfered remotely with several of the traffic cameras in the area blocking Lyssa's car from view so she was clean and clear.

He expected them back the next day after dropping pete off in the Bahamas. Kimberly was already proving her value brilliantly. He authorized a bump in pay to her. Lyssa's after action report had high praise for her as well. The future of the agency truly did look bright in all the darkness it worked in.

~o~O~o~

Pete walked into the hangar after helping to refuel the Gulfstream before Rodrick and Lyssa headed back to the States.

"Welcome back Pete," Kimberly called out from the office.

"Lyssa and Rod's apologies but they had to blast. a ballet she has to start rehearsing for but they left this for you,"Pete said holding up a box.

Kimberly hurried down the stairs and tore into the box to find a Hawaiian print sarong and a pink sweater dress with a wide black belt.

"Lyssa said you'll need that dress when you go up for Christmas," He said with a grin.

Kimberly looked up in surprise, "Christmas! So I will get to see her dance?"

Pete smiled big,"Box seats...Rod, you, me, Madison and the super-spook."

"WOOOOO," Kimberly cheered and took the gifts to her trailer happily.
 
 
 
 
 

Lyssa Kordenay returns in Butterflies and Cherubs!!!
up
543 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Woohooo

Another... erm... clinical .... despatch of the bad guy.I love that description of Williams "the man was educated beyond his intelligence" It seems that Kim is certainly a good asset.

Thanks Snowfall.
The Aussie sheila *giggles*
Joanna

A Very Sharp Knife

And a very sharp muse! Another very intense Chapter in the Lyssa missions. I'm looking forward to the next installment

As always,

Dru

Personally, if I were Lyssa,

Personally, if I were Lyssa, I would have done the skinning and then simply dumped as many fire ants on his body as I could have carried. A much more fitting and painful way to get him taken care of. He needed to be drawn and quartered as well. Just saying.
Janice

As any warrior knows.....

D. Eden's picture

Good intelligence is half the battle. I would say the Dannigan has found the perfect addition to his team - now he has a first class intelligence officer to augment his strike team. What more could one ask for? A self deploying, highly deadly, covert quick reaction team complete with it's own intelligence gathering specialist that also happens to be e-lint and electronic warfare capable.

Like the saying goes, give me a long enough lever and a place to stand and I'll move the earth.

Dannigan already had his lever with Lyssa and Roderick, but Kimberly gives him his place to stand now. I guess it's time to see what kind of a world they create.

Another plus with Kimberly - she can watch Lyssa's back. She is starting to get a little too well known in law enforcement circles; having Kimberly gives them another set of eyes and ears to watch over Lyssa, and she has the capability of muddying the waters. As is evidenced by her work on the traffic cameras in Chicago.

Hmmmmmmmm.......

I think Kimberly needs a code name; everyone else has one - Lyssa is Ghost Legend, Roderick is Ramrod, Dannigan is Super Spook, looks like it's time for Kimberly to get one too. Oh yeah, we can't forget about Madison...... although maybe we should just call her Moneypenny, lol.

Great chapter Hon!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

At the moment

Sammi's picture

At the moment I'm thinking more ' Charlie's Angels '

Dannigan - Charlie
Rodrick - Bosley

You get the idea


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

The Ghost Legend

Alecia Snowfall's picture

Lyssa's mission designator (code name) is actually Steel Butterfly. Ghost Legend is a nickname she picked up from Bolshoi. Her dedication and discipline earned her Legend and because she kept pushing Katya into the spotlight after the debacle with an aging prima Katya gave the prefix Ghost. Lyssa came from no where and took by storm yet had stayed mostly known in the high echelon circles. She kept incurring favors without cashing them in which made people not want to spread her name as much (which helped) but now she is becoming known more and more. She is still protected by stereotype, how many high level assassins are renowned ballerinas? More than most men look at her and the last thing on their mind is "where is her gun?" Even Rodrick is guilty of that and he definitely knows better*lol* Very soon you're going to have an incredible laugh! but first...Lyssa has "places to go and things to do"

Dannigan's mission designator is never revealed and Madison doesn't have one. Rodrick's call sign is Ramrod from his SEAL days and Pete's is Piper from his days as a Marine pilot. don't worry...there's lots more fun to come.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Kimberley's designator

enb4448's picture

According to this chapter, her designation is "Lightening Bug"

Ups and downs....... How

Ups and downs....... How often does she have to go through this???? One day soon I look for her to get a huge gutfull and then go totally postal on some scumbag's ass worse than what she just did . Still enjoying my opposites episodes as they come

The Tough Part of the Job

Dealing with the family of an innocent victim. No matter how many times you do it never gets any easier. How do you tell the parents, the sisters, the brothers, the children that their loved one died simply because they were in the wrong place at the right time? That part of the job I don't miss at all.

I cried reading this and I'm not ashamed to admit it. If there's a cop that has hardened themselves to not be affected by something like this I don't want to work with him.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Never annoy Lyssa's contacts!

She's like a one woman 'A' Team - if they have a crime problem that local law enforcement don't seem to take much interest in, they'll give her a call. She'll turn up, give them moral support, then while they're sleeping the problem will miraculously resolve itself. Funny, that. I expect they assume it's either a pure coincidence, or she calls in favours to others who get the job done. After all, she's there right up until they go to sleep and is there in the morning when they wake up - therefore they believe she was with them overnight as well.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!