Sara, Becka, and me. - Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

 

Sara, Becka, and me.
by Teddie S.

 

Chapter XII
The Third Week
Sunday - Back home.
Monday - Back to . . . normal?
And the Epilog

 
The wedding is over. I’d met a wonderful guy, and even if I did like guys, which I don’t, my heart belongs only to Sara. But, I hurt him, which really upset me. Other than that, it was a fun time. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. And, the guys never did figure out which bride’s maid was a boy. If there really was one. Well, it’s time to go back home and back to being Peter. Sigh.


The Third Week: Sunday - Back home

Linda and Phil had left for their honeymoon early this morning. And, Sara and I had a nice lunch with my mother and father, and Sara’s mother and father. I told them about the conversation that the best man and I had. Everyone but my mother got a laugh out of it. She said, “Becka. That worries me. What if he, or one of the others, had found out?”

Sara came to my rescue, and said, “Mrs. Carter. Look at Becka and tell me what you see.”

My mother looked at me, then said, “A pretty girl.”

“You see her as a pretty girl. And, you know she isn’t. You know that she’s your son. And, you are worried that those guys would see her as a guy in a dress. There was no way any of them would have seen it.”

“Honey. Your right. She is a pretty girl.”

By the time we were done eating, the hotel staff had brought all of our luggage down. We were able to get all of our luggage into the Colonel’s rented van and my dad’s car. And, it was just a half an hour’s drive to the airport, and this was a regular airport.

The airport, Stewart International Airport, is about a half an hour from West Point, so it was a short drive. As we drove into the airport, the first thing I noticed was that it was small. We pulled up in front of the terminal, and a Skycap helped us unload our luggage, and move it into the terminal.

I knew that we didn’t have to check in since we were flying out in a Navy plane, but because it was a public airport we’d probably have to go through security. Security! Oh my God!

Both my father and the Colonel, of course, were in uniform, as was my dad’s driver. And, that got the attention of two Marines sitting in the coffee shop. They walked over to my father, saluted him, and introduced themselves as our pilots. My father returned the salute, and then introduced us.

Then my father asked one the pilots, “Why are we at the public terminal rather than the Air National Guard Base?”

“Sir.”, the pilot said, “Your office thought this would be more comfortable for your family. Is it a problem, sir?”

“No. I was just wondering.”

Then my dad, turned to his driver, and said, “Thank you for everything Ed. You’re dismissed.”

The Marine said, “It was my pleasure Admiral.” Then saluted.

My dad returned the salute. And, then they shook hands.

A few people from the airport came over, and told my father that they would be happy to help us with our luggage. And, my father thanked them. Then he asked where security was. And, one guy pointed, and said, “Right over there sir.”

As the people from the airport started to move our baggage to the baggage area, my mother and Mrs. Monroe went with them. Then I asked my dad, “Daddy. Do we have to go through security?”

“Probably.”, my dad said, “Why?”

“Ah. Who am I right now?”

“Becka.”

“My driver’s license has Peter’s picture on it, and says that I’m a boy.”

“Oh. Yeah. Wait here I’ll be right back.”

I watched as he walked over to the security area, and spoke to one of the TSA Agents, a woman. The TSA Agent picked up a phone, made a call, and shortly another TSA Agent walked up to them, shook hands with my dad, and they spoke for a few minutes. Then my dad walked back over to me, and said, “Honey. They want to talk with you for a minute.”

“Why”, I asked.

“They just need to be sure you are who you are.”

“Okay. Are . . . Are you coming with me?”

“Sure thing princess.”

We walked back over to the two TSA agents. And, my father introduced us. Then the guy who appeared to be the supervisor asked, “Miss. Would you prefer to talk here or in private?”

“We can do it here if that’s all right.” I replied.

“No. It’s fine. Your father, tells us that you are really a boy, but presenting as a girl. Is this correct?”

“Yes sir. We came up here for a wedding at West Point, and I was actually one of the bride’s maids. So, I traveled as a girl too.”

The woman TSA Agent said, “You were one of the bride’s maid?”

“Yes. The bride asked me to do it as a special favor.”

“Honey. You could have fooled me, you do look and talk like a girl.”

“So.”, the other Agent said, “Your photo ID has a picture of you as a boy, and the information on it also says that you are male?”

“Yes sir.”

“Can I see it?”

I dug into my purse, got my wallet out, took my driver’s license out, and handed it to him. He looked it over, and said, “Peter Thomas Carter. And you’re now going by?”

“Rebecca Emily Carter.”, I replied.

He handed my license to the woman TSA Agent. She looked it over, looked at me, and said, “The height looks about right. The weight also looks good. And, there is a very slight resemblance between the picture and her. I think that this is her.”

The supervisor then said, “Well young lady. The Admiral has vouched for you, and we know who he is. Your photo ID is boarder line. But, my associate believes that it is you. And, so do I. So, we don’t have a problem. Just see my associate when you’re ready to board.

“But, young lady, before you go any further in your transition, I would suggest that you get your identification updated.”

“Yes sir. Thank you. I’ll do that.” I replied.

As the woman TSA Agent handed me my driver’s license, she smiled, and said, “Have fun being a girl.”

I smiled, and said, “Thanks. I am.”

As my dad and I started to walk back over to the others, he asked, “Transitioning. Is there something you haven’t told me?”

I stopped. Looked at my dad, and said, “Daddy, what are you talking about?”

“Well. When you told the TSA Agent, that you’d update your identification before you transitioned any further. That tends to makes me think that you’re doing it. Even though your aunt said that you probably wouldn’t. Are you?”

“Dad! Did I really say that?”

“Yes you did.”

“I . . . I was so nervous. That I would have said yes to anything. No. I’m not going to become a girl.”

“I didn’t think so. You need to be a little more careful when you answer questions.”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

He put his arm around my shoulder, and said, “Princess. It’s okay.”

We walked over to everyone else, and dad embarrassed me when he told them about what I’d said to the TSA Agent. Everyone got a laugh out of it, but me. I turned about twenty shades of red. But, the cute smile I saw from Sara had me wondering what she was thinking.

The plane we flew back in was a small twin engine jet, so we were back in Washington in about three hours. After unloading all the luggage at home, all six of us went out for a quiet dinner.


The Third Week: Monday - Back to . . . normal?

On Monday morning, it was still Becka. The special panty. A bra with my forms. Hair in a ponytail. A light touch of makeup. Hoop earrings. A few rings, and my commitment ring. A pretty necklace. A pretty white top, a pair of pink shorts, and a pair of my wedgies.

As I was eating a late breakfast, my mother and I were talking about the wedding, then she asked, “Well Becka. When is Peter coming back?”

“Soon. I guess.” I replied, “Sara and I are going to have our nails removed this afternoon.”

“You don’t sound too enthusiastic about it.”

“Yeah. They’re pretty, and I’ve gotten used to their length. But, they’re too much for every day.”

“They are.”

After breakfast I went and started to unpack. And, as I did, I mumbled to myself, “I’ve got to get on Sara about having me pack so much stuff that I really didn’t need.”

As I was hanging up my bride’s maid’s dress, I looked at it, and thought, ‘It’s a shame that I won’t be wearing this again.’

Then, when I took the high heels out of my bag, and placed them with my other shoes. I thought, ‘These were interesting, but give me my wedges.’

When I picked Sara up at one, she gave me a kiss, and quietly said, “I really missed you last night.”

I looked at her, smiled, and said, “I missed you too.”

We headed to the nail salon that had put our nails on. This was an interesting procedure, having your acrylic nails removed. First off, they placed cotton balls soaked in acetone on each nail and wrap them with strips of aluminum foil. Then you have to wait thirty minutes.

The area set aside for waiting was empty, except for Sara and me, so we talked while we waited. One of the first things that Sara said was, “I really meant it, when I said that I missed you last night.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Uh huh. I loved cuddling with you, and waking up with you holding me.”

“Yeah. That was really nice.”

“Plus what we did to each other, was amazing.”

“Yes. It was.”

“But, you know something?”

“What.”

“I think I’m more in love with you now then before Linda’s wedding. If that’s possible.”

“Really. Why?”

“Just being with you all that time, watching you, and seeing you like you really are.”

“As Becka?”

“No. As you. You’re willing to help people. You can be strong. You can be very soft and caring. You showed that you can be vulnerable. And, I’m truly sorry about how I reacted to the Gary thing. I know that you were just trying to be nice to him.”

“And, you know, I’m positive as to who I want to spent the rest of my life with.

“She has to be fun. Willing to accept me for who I am. A little crazy. Smart. Cute. And, love to do things with me.

“And, Sara. . . . It’s you. You are everything to me.”

She just smiled at me. Then said, “So you’re going to transition?”

“Sara! No.”

“Well your dad said, that you told the TSA Agent you were.”

“Honey. I was so nervous that I would have said yes to anything.”

“So. No more Becka?”

“You know better. You brought her out of me. And, I really love you for it. And, being in Linda’s wedding, actually made me see that I could go out, and pass as a girl. It was a fantastic experience. I had fun being a girl. It showed me how girls are treated. Which at times I didn’t care for.

“Is Becka going to go away? No way. Will Peter be back? Yes. Will we go out as boyfriend and girlfriend? Yes. Will we go out as two girl friends? Just try and stop me. Becka has a lot of her own clothes. She loves to look nice. And, those clothes aren’t just going to hang in a closet and get dusty. They’re going to get worn.”

“I’m glad.” Sara said, “I was just looking at your legs, and they still look really smooth. Are they?”

“Yeah they are.”

“I like you that way. You going to stay smooth?”

“I don’t know. But, I kind of like it too. So, maybe.”

“You know the more you do it, the softer and finer the hair gets.”

“Do it with me?”

“No way.”

“You would only have to do your legs.”

“If I do. Will you?”

“Yes.”

We chatted about other things for a few minutes, then I said, “Hmm. I still have polish on my toes.”

“So.”, Sara said, “You only see them when you wear open toed shoes.”

“True. Or, we go swimming.”

“Yeah. And, then everyone sees your hairless body too.”

“True. But, a lot of guys are hairless.”

“With painted toe nails?”

“Of course not. Maybe I’ll have the girls remove it.”

“We can do it at home later. Then when Becka comes back, we can just paint them some cute color.”

We continued talking about a number of things. What we were going to do for the rest of the summer. About our last year in high school. And, stuff like that. Then the girls doing our nails came over and got us. They took us back to their work stations, and went back to work. One at a time they removed the aluminum foil from my fingers, and then the cotton ball, and the acrylic nail came right off with it. Then they carefully went over each nail with a buffer to remove any remaining acrylic. She then had me wash my hands, and once they were dry, she gave me some nice moisturizing lotion to run into my hands.

The girl then asked me if I wanted any polish. I looked at Sara, who was sitting next to me, and she said, “I’m going with a clear.”

“Sounds good.” I said. Then I said to my girl, “Yes. A clear would be nice.”

After we were finished at the nail place, Sara and I went back to my house. My mother was gone to some kind of club meeting. So, we were alone.

I wanted to do something. No. Not that. So, we went to Becka’s room, and I started to remove Becka. Sara just sat on the bed, and watched. I removed my clothes down to the special panties. Then sat at the vanity, removed my wig, and carefully placed it on the foam head. Then I removed my makeup, and applied a good moisturizer. I carefully pealed the breast forms off, cleaned them, and placed them in their boxes. Then carefully cleaned my chest. After everything was said and done, I stood, and removed the special panty. As you can guess, by now, neither of us was embarrassed being naked in front of the other.

As I straightened up, after removing the panties, Sara was standing behind me. In a very quiet voice, she asked, “How long until your mother gets home?”

I looked at her reflection in the mirror. She had a look in her eyes that I’ve never seen before. Then I looked at the clock, and said, “Not for another couple of hours.”

When I looked back at her reflection, she was holding up one of the little blue packages, and grinning. I turned around, kissed her, and started to slowly undress her. I must have been working too slowly for her. She pushed me down on the bed, and quickly stripped.

As she got on the bed, she straddled me, bent down, and we kissed. And, that led to . . .

Over an hour later we were lying side by side, just looking at each other. Sara said, “Peter. I love you so much.”

“I love you too, Sara.” I replied.

“I can’t wait until we can spend every night together.”

I kissed her, and said, “Me either.”

A few minutes later, we were in my room, Peter’s room, and I was getting dressed, yes, as Peter, I asked, “What if your mother finds out about us having sex?”

“You know.” Sara replied, “I don’t care if she does know. We’re close to eighteen, and we could marry without their consent when we are. And, since we’re so close in age, even having sex isn’t a problem.”

“You checked?”

“I just wanted to know. I didn’t want us getting in more trouble than my mother could give us.”

“Like I’ve always said, you are so bad.”

“Only for you lover. Only for you.”

That evening we had dinner with Sara’s parents. After dinner, we were helping Sara’s mother with the dishes. Then her mother opened Pandora’s Box when she said, “I hope you two behaved your selves at the hotel?”

I looked at Sara, and I could see fire in her eyes. I could also feel that she had really had enough of this, and she was mad.

Sara turned, looked at her mother, and, surprisingly, in a very calm way, said, “Mother! I have just had it with the way you are always on me about behaving because of something that Linda did!

“You can stop worrying. Because Peter and I are having sex.”

Her mother sat hard on a kitchen chair. And started to say, “But, . . . “

Sara stopped her with, “Mother. I’m not finished. You need to get used to it. We are going to continue doing it. We love each other very much. Are we using protection? Yes. And, I’m going to see my doctor, and go on the pill.

“And, don’t you dare blame Peter. I started it.”

Her mother just sat there, with her mouth open, and looked at Sara. I finally took Sara’s hand, and took her out on the patio. I looked at her, and said. “Where did that come from?”

“From the heart lover.” she said, “From the heart. That’s been building up in me for a long time. And, it just reached the boiling point.”

“You surprised the hell out of me. I figured that your mother and you were going to get into a shouting match. But, I think you really surprised her when you stood up for yourself.”

“I know. It surprised me too. But, I’d just had it. I had to tell her.”

We heard the sliding door from the den to the patio open, we looked over, and Sara’s dad walked out, and said, “Hi kids. Do you mind if I join you?”

Sara said, “No daddy.”

He walked over and sat across from us, looked at both of us, then said, “Sara. Honey. I couldn’t help hear what you said to your mother. I know she’s been really hard on you since the thing with Linda. But, she didn’t want to see something like that happen to you.

“But, I have to agree with you. She was too hard on you. And, I think you learned from Linda’s mistake.

“And, I’m not surprised that you and Peter are in an intimate relationship. Your mother and I were intimate when we were even younger than you.”

“What?” Sara said.

“Yes. Like you two. Your mother and I fell in love when we were young. She was sixteen and I was seventeen. And, things just happened.

“The only things that I ask of you two, is to take precautions. I don’t want to see you pregnant before you’re married. And, please don’t run off and get married. I would really miss walking you down the aisle.”

“Daddy. We promise that you’ll be there.”

Then as her dad went to get up, he looked at me, and said, “Peter. Please take care of my daughter.”

“Yes sir. I will.” I answered, “She means the world to me.”

“And, Peter. Becka is pretty and fun. But, it’s good to see you back to being Peter.”

“Daddy.”, Sara said, “Becka will be around from time to time. We have fun with her.”

He smiled, and said, “I would have been surprised and disappointed if she wasn’t around. She’s welcome any time she wants to visit.”

“Daddy you’re wonderful.”

He just smiled at her, and went back in the house. Sara and I sat there, and just cuddled for a while without saying anything. Then we got up, and went back in the house. Her mother and father were sitting in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee.

Sara’s mother looked at us, and said, “Sara. I’m really sorry. I honestly didn’t know that it was bothering you that much. I just didn’t want to see you go through what your sister did.”

“Mom.”, Sara said, “I learned that lesson back when Linda almost died. And, until we went to West Point, Peter and I had never done anything. He’s been wonderful. He honored my request. And, I know it was hard on him. But, I was ready. Ready to show him my full love for him. And, honestly I did start it.”

Sara’s mother looked at me, and asked, “Does Peter know about Linda?”

“Yes. I had to talk to someone about it. So, I told him while we are at West Point.”

“Your father and I really love you. Actually both of you. And, just want to see you happy.”

“Mom. Dad. We love you guys too. And, what makes me the happiest is being with Peter. We know we’re old enough to be married, but we also want to wait. Hopefully until we’re through college. But, don’t be surprised if we move in together.”

“Honey. As long as you’re happy. That’s all that’s important.”

We then walked over to my house, and found my mother and father in the den reading. As we walked in, I said, “Mom. Dad. Could we talk to you?”

“Sure honey.” my mother said, putting her book down. My dad put his book down without a word.

Sara and I sat on the couch, my dad looked at us and had a look on his face that I couldn’t read. We sat there in silence for a few seconds, then I said, “We had a talk with Sara’s parents this evening. And, I figured that we might as well have the same one with you.”

My mother and father looked at each other, and then at us. Then I said, “I know that both of you know how we feel about each other. And, I guess I’ll make this short and sweet, Sara and I are having sex.”

I saw my dad actually relax a little, and sit back in his chair. My mother looked a little surprised, but said, “Is that all. I was afraid you were going to tell us that Sara was pregnant.”

“Mom! We’ve been careful. And, children can wait until later.”

My dad then said, “I really thought that you two had run off and gotten married.”

Sara looked at my dad, and said, “Dad. We wouldn’t do that to you. Like we promised my dad, you will be there when we’re married. We promise.

“But, don’t be surprised if we live together when we’re in college.”

My mother smiled, and said, “Knowing how you two feel about each other, I’d be surprised if you didn’t.”

Then with a grin on his face, my dad asked, “I just want to know. When you do get married. Will I be walking one of the brides down the aisle?”

“Dad!” I said.

“Well you did tell the TSA guy that you were transitioning.”

“Dad! Stop. I was nervous.”

“Just kidding.”

Then, as Sara and I were walking out of the den. I turned, looked at my dad, and said, “You know dad. A wedding with two brides would be fun.”

He just shook his head, and said, “In your dreams.”

“Hey. A guy can dream. Can’t he.”

Sara and I walked to the kitchen for something cold to drink. As we sat at the table, Sara said, “A two bride ceremony. You would do that wouldn’t you?”

“You know I would.” I said with a big smile.

A few minutes later my mother walked into the kitchen, and sat with us. Finally she looked at us, and said, “Peter. Sara. Ah. . . .This is going to sound a little crazy. But, . . . you know your father and I are gone a lot, and this is your house too.”

“Mother! What are you saying?” I said.

“Honey. We know that you two are . . . well . . . going to have sex. And, we just want you to be safe. We don’t want you doing it in the back seat of a car or at some motel. Like your father and I did.”

“Mother!”

“I know. That’s was more information then you wanted to know.”

I looked at Sara, she was smiling, and she said, “Well. I guess both sets of our parents were sexually active at our age.”

A few weeks later, Sara and I, the Peter me, were walking through the mall. We were going to see a movie, and have dinner. As we were walking past the food court, we heard someone say, “Sara. Peter.”

We looked in the direction the voice was coming from, and saw Vicki waving at us. She was sitting by herself at a table on the far side of the food court. We walked over, she got up, and greeted us with hugs. And, we sat with her.

Sara asked Vicki, “So, what‘s knew with you?”

“Oh. Not much.” Vicki replied, “Just that my boyfriend, Mark, asked me to marry him.”

“What! Wow! That’s wonderful. Did you say yes?”

“Of course I did. Silly.”

“When. Where.”

“Probably next June. And, here in D.C.”

“That is so cool.”

“And, Linda is going to be my matron of honor.”

“That’s great.”

“Now. Do you think that two of Linda’s cutest bride’s maids would be two of my bride’s maids?”

Sara and I looked at each other. Then Sara, pointing back and forth between herself and me, and asked, “You mean . . . ?”

Vicki grinned, and said, “Yes. Sara and Becka.”

Sara and I looked at each other, and in unison said, “We’d love to!”


The Epilog

Well, you’ve just read about the craziest two weeks in my life. I went from a geeky teenaged boy, who was a cross-dresser, to a pretty teenaged girl who was a bride’s maid, to a geeky teenaged boy that can transform himself, with the help of the love of his life, into a pretty girl.

Now, you may be thinking that Sara and I would be having crazy, wild, sex since both sets of our parents are aware that we are sexually active. And, we could have. But, you’d be wrong. We decided that we didn’t want to ruin a special time between us. So, we enjoyed each other only once or twice a week, but we make the most of those times. And, with Sara now on the pill, and not having to worry about those little blue packets, makes it even better.

Becka is still around. At least once a week, sometimes twice. And, sometimes one of those times is for the whole day. We’ll spend that whole day doing things as girlfriends, shopping, going to the park, going to a movie and dinner, or just hanging out. We actually found a cute girl’s swim suit that works really well with my breast forms. So, we’ve been able to go swimming together.

I’m also keeping my body smooth, both of us like it that way. And, Sara has actually started having her legs waxed. I’ve had my eyebrows questioned a couple of times, and I just tell people, that I like to keep them neat. But, since I’m a blond, my eyebrows aren’t very heavy.

Vicki’s wedding was a lot of fun. Both Sara and I being bride’s maids again felt good. The pretty gown. The high heels. The makeup and hair. I didn’t spend the two weeks prior to the wedding as Becka. I could have, but I didn’t. Sara and I also attended Vicki’s bridal shower. We never told the other two bride’s maids, or Vicki’s parents that I was really a boy. And, they interacted with me just like they would a girl. There was also a bachelorette’s party. We went, but since we were only eighteen, we didn’t drink. But, still had a fun time. And, it was amazing seeing how crazy women can be when they’re in a group like this. The only thing I didn’t like was when the stripper gave me a lap dance. But, Sara thought it was really funny.

Sara and I did graduate from high school, both with very good grades. And, were accepted to a couple of the universities we’d applied to. Of course we were going to the same university. Was there any doubt. The university requires that freshman and sophomores either live at home or in on campus dorms, and they can’t have a car on campus. Neither of us wanted dorm life, and the university was close enough to home that we could commute. So, we rode the Metro to Georgetown every day. And, between our sophomore and our junior years we found a small apartment just off campus and moved in together.

It was amazing waking up every morning cuddled with Sara. During the two years that we were in that apartment, we learned a lot about each other. And, the most important thing was, we are really meant to be together. Being in that part of Washington was fun, and being out as two girls was even more fun. Both of us did really well in college. I’m currently working full time, and working on my masters’ part time. Sara is also working, and thinking about working on her masters.

My father is still a Rear Admiral, but now has two stars. And, Sara’s dad is now a Brigadier General. And, you know something, we still don’t know what they do.

Sara and I did spend some time with my Aunt Dorothy. We talked a lot, took a bunch of tests. But, in the end, it was something that no one had ever seen before. She actually wrote a paper about us.

It turned out that my brother didn’t really have a problem with Becka, but Linda’s husband, Phil, did. He found out that one of the bride’s maids in his wedding was really a guy. And, that it was me. I guess he went ballistic, calling me all kinds of names, and threatening me. He wouldn’t listen when Linda tried to explain, and this caused some problems between him and Linda. I guess he was homophobic. In fact, when he was deployed overseas, Linda moved back home. And, I guess there was even talk about a divorce. A tough thing to do when you’re Catholic.
Now, back to my brother. During the summer before Sara and I started our senior year in college, my brother, Richard, was home on leave. And, Sara and I were having dinner with my parents, Sara’s parents, and Richard. And, out of the blue, Richard said, “Peter. I know that everyone here knows about you and Becka. And, I’m curious, are you still dressing like a girl?”

I looked at Sara, then at him, and asked him why he was asking. He said, that he’d had a lot of time to think about what I was doing, and how he’d reacted to it. And, he had spoken with someone, a psychology instructor at West Point, about it. And, he’d learned a lot about transgendered people. And, that he was sorry about the way that he’d reacted when he saw me that one time, but it had really shocked him. I accepted his apology. Then he asked if he could meet Becka again.

Now that shocked me a little, but said maybe. Then he said, that he’d really like to. I looked at Sara, and she told me to go ahead. My father actually said, “Go on. We haven’t had the pleasure of Becka’s company for some time. It’s a nice night. We’ll be out on the patio.”

Sara and I went to Becka’s room. There are still a lot of her clothes here. The wig that I had worn for Linda’s wedding was here. We’d purchased a new one, still a strawberry blond, but it was shorter, and was a good look for a college co-ed. And, that one was at the apartment. So, it was going to be the long wig. I looked through my chest of drawers, and pulled out one of the special panties that was still here, a nice bra, and some nylons to stuff the bra with. The forms were also at the apartment. Then I went into the closet, found a cute flouncy skirt, and a nice light pastel blue blouse with three-quarter length sleeves.

While I was gathering all of Becka’s thing, Sara and I talked about Richard. I was a little nervous about him seeing Becka again. But, Sara told me that he had sounded very sincere with his apology, and wanting to meet Becka again. I felt better about it after our little talk.

I undressed, and slipped on the special panties. It was still a struggle getting in to them, but worth it. Then came the bra, and the nylons to stuff it. Now, I’d hidden something in my lingerie drawer two weeks ago, and I’d snuck that out of the drawer with the bra, and then once I had my bra on and stuffed, I hid it in my bra.

I sat at the vanity, I slipped on a wig cap, and went to work on my makeup. I’ve used a foundation ever since Linda’s wedding, but only a very light one. I just liked what it did for my look and how it felt. Then a very light dusting of powder. I went with a very light eyeshadow, no eyeliner, but a nice coating of mascara. Got to bring out those eyelashes. No blusher. A light touch of eyebrow pencil. And, I went with a pink lipstick, after using a matching liner. I took the wig, slipped it on my head, brushed it out a bit. Then, I found a nice pair of hoop earrings in the vanity, and replaced my studs with them. And, added a couple rings, some bracelets, and a fine chain necklace.

Sara was sitting on the bed, and just smiling. Then came the skirt and blouse, and then I walked into the closet to find a pair of shoes. And, yes, I put on a pair of my wedgies. The ones with the zipper up the front.

As I walked back out of the closet, I asked Sara, “Well. Will I do?”

“Babe.”, Sara said, “As always, you look fantastic.”

I walked over to where Sara was sitting on the bed, and knelt down on one knee. She looked at my like, what are you doing?

I looked her in the eyes, and said, “Sara Marie Monroe. I love you with all my being. You are my world, and I am nothing without you. Will you marry me?”

I took her left hand in my left hand, reached into my bra, retrieved the ring, and slipped it onto her left ring finger. I looked back up at her, she was both crying and grinning. Then she said, “Baby. You are such a brat. And, I love you so much. Yes, I’ll marry you.”

We both stood up, I wiped the tears from her eyes, and we kissed. We kissed long and hard. Then we hugged. Finally Sara asked, “Did you have this planned all along?”

“No.”, I replied, “I was going to do it on your birthday. But, I just couldn’t wait.”

She kissed me again. Then looked at the ring. Then kissed me again. Then looked at the ring.

Finally she went into the bathroom to cleanup from crying, and I fixed my lipstick. We then walked out onto the patio hand in hand. Everyone looked at us, no one said anything right away.

My brother finally said, “Peter. I really don’t know about you. You’re a boy, but right now you look so much like a girl, that if I saw you anywhere, I’d see a girl. How do you do it?”

I grinned, and replied, “Sara was a good teacher, I’ve had a lot of practice, and I like to do it. So, I do the best job that I can.”

“And bro. No. I can’t call you bro right now.”

“How about Becka or sis?”

“Sis. I don’t know how you do it. But, you do a really good job, and really do make a pretty girl. And, you and Sara look cute together.”

“So, can you accept this part of me?”
“I think. But, give me a chance to get used to it.”

Sara’s father had been giving us a questioning look, and finally asked, “All right Sara. What have you grinning about?”

Sara held up her left hand, and said, “Peter just asked me to marry him.”

And, then I said, “And, she said yes.”

No one moved or said anything until my dad said, “That is so strange. Two girls standing there, and hearing that one has asked the other to marry her. I guess both Chuck and I will be walking a bride down the aisle.”

“No dad.” I said, “On that day, it will be Sara and Peter.”

Everyone got up, and there were hugs and congratulations all around. Sara’s mother said, “Kids. I’m just glad that you didn't elope.”

Sara said, “Mom. You’ve all been wonderful with us. We promised both of our dads that we wouldn’t elope. And, we wouldn’t do that to you guys.”

Then Richard said, “Peter. Just promise me that when and if I get married, that you’ll be Peter and not Becka at the wedding.”

I grinned as I said, “No promises bro. No promises.”

He just shook his head, then he asked Sara, “Okay sister-in-law to be. Who asked you, Peter or Becka?”

Sara grinned as she said, “Both.”

Then she told everyone how I’d proposed. And, her dad said that we’d never be able to tell anyone that story. And, we all laughed.

Sara and I married a year later. And, my brother was my best man. Linda was Sara’s matron of honor. We actually had a very small wedding, only family and a few friends. I think both of us had had it with large weddings after being in two as bride’s maids. And, Sara was the only one in a wedding gown.

— FIN —
up
264 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The end?

Well. As they say, all good things must come to an end. And, so must this period in the lives of Sara and Peter/Becka. But, if my muse allows, and as I've been known to do for some of my other stories, there is a possibility of a sequel. No promises. But, it's possible. Don't hold your breath, it may take a while, because I like to do a complete story before I post any of it. And, it may take me a while to actually write the story.

Thanks for all the comments.

Hugs,

Teddie

Fluid Gender

Now knowing that the Biblical prohibition against cross dressing is simply a mistranslation, I wish that culture would develop to the place where gender is no longer binary. This has been a really sweet story. Thank you.

Gwen

Thank you,Teddie,

'for such a lovely story ,really loved every line and I would love a sequel .

ALISON

pass the tissues!

Great Story, thank you

re: pass the tissues!

Believe it or not, but me too. Sniff. Sniff.

I already miss, Sara, Becka, and Peter.

Wow! Nice wrap up!

This was a great story Teddie! Thank you for sharing it! I'm thinking for a sequel, 10 year renewal of vowels only this time Becka's in the wedding dress! lol! Loving Hugs Talia

Sweet!

This was a really nice, sweet story, beautifully told! There were some typos (Neckless for Necklace!) nad overuse of commas (the Oxford comma?) but picky aside, the sotry was wonderful and I enjoyed it immensely.
Kudos!

soft and sweet to the end!

Bobbie Sue's picture

Teddie,

As you can see from the other comments with (emotional) typos, everyone is move by it. A box of Kleenex later, I'm not afraid to admit that I loved it.

Great work! And I'll be watching for more.

Hugs

Bobbie Sue

It was a beautiful story

I confess I would like more.

But I do like all your stories.

A wonderful, beautiful, and

A wonderful, beautiful, and most touching story. Thank you

Karen

Loved the story

Renee_Heart2's picture

I would like to see how Sarah Peater/Becka & Linda got on. Did Linda divorce her Army homaphobic husband?

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Sweet

littlerocksilver's picture

Sweet

Portia

Wonderful Story

This was a wonderful story, thank you Teddie. I hope your muse lets you revisit Sara and Peter/Becca in the future. I know Divorce is frowned upon in the Catholic Church, but since Linda is unable to bare children, getting the marriage annulled would be the best way to go, if it came to that.
Anyways thank you for such a wonderful story. I hope to read more of your stories in the future.

Teddie,

Teddie,
this was a wonderful and very sweet story and I did like how it ended, except the sad part regarding Linda and her husband. She deserved so much better. I am happy that Peter/Becka's brother Richard finally 'came around' and decided to get to know and meet his 'sister' Becka. Hopefully, if you do decide to do a follow up story, Linda's husband will do the same. Maybe Richard will be the one who can talk sense into him as they both have a common background in that aspect.
Janice

Yes.

Podracer's picture

Teddie your story kept me clicking the next chapter button, what more can I add to that?
I hope more chapters emerge from the Beckaverse some time.

"Reach for the sun."

re: Yes.

I like that, Beckaverse. ;-)

Teddie

A lovely story with great characters

You kept my interest through 'til the last chapter ... and mark of a good author. You're military scenes were most realistic, based on my own experience as a member of an fleet admiral's staff; however, I was a lowly 2nd class petty officer. Thanks for the great yarn.

Thank you

Setsuna's picture

Thank you for this lovely story and all the other stories as well. Please keep up the good work. You are In fact one of my favorite authors, I can't count how many times I've read 'A year in my life book 1 and 2'. It's really one of my favorite stories and I would really like a sequel. Your stories, every one of them (I think I've read them all) turned me from long time lurker to creating an account. There was just no way to just keep reading your stories. I had to comment and tell you how much I enjoyed reading them. I hope that many more are inspired by your stories and decide to create an account and comment on stories they like. There are much more people out there that read your stories and like them I'm sure of that. Hugs and smiles from germany, you really are a personal hero for me.

happy ever after....

.... is the way it should be... I'd love to meet Sara.... I wonder if she has a friend.... (a girl)????!
G xx

A sequel would be great

Hi there peoples! I commented on this story on another site! Linda and Richard get together and kick that Nazi bigoted pig of an Excuse for human flesh to the divorce court? Love the story thanks.........TASH ♥