Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 3: Chapter 02

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse, Book 3: “The Student, The Hacker, and The Soldier.”

Chapter Two: “From Aspen to Adventure.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

Bob and Akira's Home Reality. Aspen Colorado. On a Saturday morning. The morning after the night Bob returned to his home reality, from the Cowboy Bebop reality.

Bob woke up. As he opened his eyes, he noticed from the feel of his body, that he was no in his bed.

As he sat up, and realized he was in a sleeping bag, on his wooden floor, by his bed.

It was then that he suddenly remembered the last few days of his life.

And that there the were a girl, in his bed, that his parents did not know about.

Bob sat up, and turned towards his bed. He saw Ed was still asleep, over the covers, with her head on Bob's pillow.

Ed was still wearing the same white t-shirt, and blue shorts, she had on the previous night. Her white tennis shoes were on the floor, by Bob's bed.

It was then that Bob heard a knock at his closed bedroom door.

Bob's eyes went wide with fear, as he turned to look at the door, which was across the room from his bed. He asked, “What is it?”

Bob's mother said, “Bob. It is time for breakfast. You are off today? Aren't you?”

Bob thought, 'I forget to lock my door last night, when I got ready for bed... Please, merciful god. Do not let her open that door.'

Bob looked over at Ed, then back at the door, as he answered, “I thought I was. But, it looks like I might be busy today.”

His mother replied, through the door, “Okay.” Bob then heard her footsteps walk away from the outside of his bedroom.

Bob let out a breath, as he thought, 'This is bad. There is no way I can explained this situation to my parents, without getting into trouble. Oh sure. I am eighteen, and legally an adult. But, that doesn't mean anything, when is comes to having a girl in my parents home, without their permission.'

'Honesty might be the worst answer in this case... Hey mom and dad. This is Ed. She is from a fiction reality that I spent a few days in. But, for you, it was only five minutes. She followed me to this reality, and broke into my bedroom while I was asleep.... And yes, I let her stay for the night… Oh no. We didn't sleep together. I slept on the floor, in my sleeping bag. While she took the bed...'

'Even if I had video evidence of what happened, to back me up, this could cause a lot of problems for me, with my family... And that is not even including what I found out about our ancestry.'

'Ed has to go. I will get her a nice hotel room, until I can figure out what to do with her. And for both our sakes, I should not mention to Rico that Ed is here, with me. Considering Rock and Revy stopped by her store last night, I need to be very careful about what I say to Rico, the next time I see her. Though, from my change of clothing, and the reality device being in a different place. Along with the video from the security footage of the store. Showing I disappeared. She is likely going to piece together I reality traveled.'

'The only reason I didn't get the footage then, was I was so excited about making it back home in one piece. And that is completely understandable.'

'So, I am going to have to tell Rico something. I will figure out what to tell her, when I see her Monday. Beside, I want to talk to her about what happened to me. I have some ideas that I would like to run by her.'

'I just won't mention Ed, and possibly a few other matters about my trip. Like meeting my future self.'

'Okay. Back to the matter at hand. I need to get cleaned up and ready as fast as possible. Then, I will wake up Ed. And get her out of here.'

Bob quietly, but quickly, got out of his sleeping back, and moved his sleeping bag to a corner of the room. He then carefully walked over to his chest of drawers. Next, he quietly opened and closed the drawers, so as to not wake Ed, as he quietly retrieved some clean clothes that he got from his

After which, Bob picked up his boots.

With his clothing and boots in hand, he walked over bedroom door, and opened it.

Bob peeked out his room to see no one was there. He then quietly closed his bedroom door behind him, as he headed for the second story bathroom, to get cleaned up and dressed.

Fortunately, Bob found the bathroom empty. As he walked inside, closed the door, and locked the door behind him.

Bob then set a personal speed record on getting cleaned up and dressed to face the day. Though, Bob did remember to retrieve something from his clothing, he wore the previous night.

(_)

Five minutes later, Bob was dressed and ready to face the day. Along with underwear, and two of sock each of his feet, for his black boot. He wore a green t-shirt, blue jeans, with a brown leather belt around his waist.

He quietly slipped back into his bedroom and closed the door behind him.

Bob then went to his gym bag, at the foot of the bed. He gently set his laptop and peripherals, which was on top of his bag, on the floor. He then unzipped his bag out his wallet, which he pocketed in his left front pants pocket. He then zipped his gym bag closed, and set his laptop and peripherals, back onto his gym bag.

He had already retrieved his cellphone, and car keys, from the brown pants he wore the previous night, that he left in the clothes hamper of the bathroom.

This was the same set of brown pants that his future self and B bought for him. He placed his cellphone in his the front right pants pocket of his blue jeans. While, he placed his car keys in his front right pants pocket of his blue jeans.

Along with these items, there was a folded handkerchief in his right front pants pocket. He had pulled it out from his chest of drawers, when he retrieved his clothing.

He went to his nightstand, by his bed, where he retrieved his necklace, sunglasses, and closed pocketknife.

He out his closed knife in the interior side of his right button. He then put his necklace around his neck. Next, he please his shades over his eyes.

As Bob stood by the nightstand, by his bed, he saw the clock on his nightstand.

Bob thought, 'Good. My entire family should all be enjoying our Saturday morning breakfast, in the downstairs dining room, right now. Which is nowhere near the front of our home. Mom and dad always fixes that meal at the same time, every Saturday. Like clockwork. Now, to wake Ed up.'

Bob turned to Ed, whom was right by him. He saw that Ed was still sleeping.

Bob thought, 'I have a feeling that she is a heavy sleeper. But, we do not have time for this.' Bob softly said, “Ed. Time to get up.”

Ed was still half asleep, as she replied, “Ed want to sleep for another hour.”

Bob softly said, “Ed, I know you want to sleep. But, we need to get move now, while we still can.”

Bob thought, 'Time to try a different tactic.'

Bob explained, in a normal tone of voice, “Ed, I know you are not the most linear thinking person there is. But, please understand, this is my family's home. I live with my parents and siblings. Right now, they are at breakfast. But, if they catch you here, with me. And considering you snuck into my room late last night. It is going to cause problems for both of us. Along with a lot of unconformable questions for each of us.”

A few seconds later, Ed's eyes snapped opened, as she realized what Bob was getting at.

She rolled over onto her back and sat up. She then looked at Bob.

Bob asked, “Do you bring any thing with you, that you need me to carry?”

Ed started, “No. Ed figured best if Ed's stuff safe left back in home reality, in safe place. Just in case.”

Bob complimented, “That was intelligent of you, Ed.” He thought, 'Though, she does not have access to her stuff right now. That is actually very intelligent long term thinking. Though, I have to help her buy a few sets of clothes...' He forced himself not to cringe, as he continued his thoughts, 'A possibly, a few other items.'

Ed replied, “Ed happy Bob think so, but...”

Bob questioned, “But, what?”

Ed whined, “Ed has to pee, first.”

Bob said, in a comforting tone of voice, “Don't worry. My family is downstairs eating breakfast, the downstairs dining room. Just follow me to the upstairs bathroom. Afterward, we will got find you a nice hotel, and get you some breakfast.”

Ed warmly smiled at Bob, for his generosity.

While Ed put on her tennis shoes, Bob opened the door, and checked the hallway again.

As soon as, he was sure it was clear, he let Ed to the bathroom.

Ed closed the door behind her. And Bob waited outside, in the hallway, for her to finish.

Around minute and a half later, Ed came out of the washroom.

Bob then lead Ed down the front stairs.

Fortunately, the dining room was located in the room under Bob's bedroom, and no one there, could see the front stairs, or front door, from entrances to the dining room.

Bob quickly unlocked, and opened the front door, for Ed.

Just as soon as Ed stepped out the door, Bob still was inside, when his younger sister, and younger brother, walked up Bob, from the inside of their home.

Fortunately, the door blocked his siblings view of Ed.

Bob thought, 'Damn it. They got through early with breakfast.'

His young brother asked, “Bob. We are planning to watching Total Recall later. Want to join us?”

Bob inquired, “New, or old version?”

His sister answered, “Old version.”

Bob lightly chuckled, as he replied, “Nah. I just got back from Mars.”

Outside, Ed had to stop herself from laughing.

Bob requested, “Please, let mom and dad know that I got to do somethings today. And that I don't know might be back. I might even be back, late tonight.”

His younger sister replied, “No problem. Have fun.”

His brother said, “Have a nice day.”

Bob warmly smiled at his siblings, as he responded, “Thank you. And I hope you both have a nice day, as well.”

His siblings returned his smile.

Bob then turned, and walked out of his home, as he closed the door behind him. Thus, preventing this siblings from seeing Ed.

Two minutes later, both Bob and Ed were in Bob's car. With Bob in the driver's seat, and Ed was in the front passenger seat, this Bob's right side. Both of them had on their seatbelts.

Bob then used his keys to start the ignition of his car. He then back out of his family driveway. And he drove off, down the paved road, at a reasonable speed. As he headed for a nice hotel he know of.

While Bob drove them through his home town, of Aspen Colorado, at the speed limit, in the daylight, Ed looked the car windows, around the town, surround them.

Ed continued to look around her, as she commented, “The past is interesting. It is so nice here. So clean.”

Bob looked in front of him. He saw a red light in front of them. He applied the brake, clutch, and gear stick, as he made his car come to a gentle stop.

He commented, “Yea. We are in a different reality, Ed. You don't have to worry about the gate explosion here. That we never even developed some technology.”

Ed turned to Bob, as she smiled at him. She replied, “That is nice. And comforting.”

Bob kept his eyes on the road, though, from the corner of his right eye, he saw Ed's smile.

Bob cracked a grin, as he agreed, “That it is.”

The light turned green, and Bob gently applied pressure to the gas petal of his car, with his right foot.

Soon, as his car slowly speed up, Bob kept his left hand on the steering wheel, and his right foot on the gas pedal, as applied the clutch with his left foot, as used his right hand to grip the gear stick, and shifted gears on the manual transmission of his car.

Bob continued to drive, as he thought, 'This Earth is very different from the destroyed, pot-marked, landscape she grew up at, on her Earth. And I will do everything in my power to let her enjoy these kind of peace and comforting moment. And I hope she likes the hotel we are going too. It is nice. And it is one that I can afford. At least for a little while.'

The rest of their trip was quiet, as Ed look around her, at the amazement of an Earth that had not been destroyed.

(_)

Twenty minutes later, Bob had parked his car in the parking lot of the nice hotel he was planning to check Ed into.

Bob and Ed then headed into the front lobby of the hotel.

Bob and Ed walked side by side, with Bob to Ed's right side, as entered through the automatically sliding double-doors

As they walked through the lobby, to the nearby front desk, which was across the room from the entrance, Bob said, “Please, let me handle things. If you want to, you can go sit down.”

Ed replied, “Sure.”

Ed walked over to a nearby couch, on the right side of the lobby, and she sat down on the couch. She then turned, to watched Bob make his way to the front desk.

Meanwhile, as Bob made his way through the lobby, to the front desk, he looked around. He thought, 'Except for the clerk and us, there seems to be no one in the lobby at this time of the morning. That is all the better for us.'

'Also, the owners of this hotel really repaired this place since two years ago. After that auto accident, where a car came through the entrance doors to the lobby. Still, I wonder how that car also damaged the hotel restaurant, as well.'

'Not that I am going to ask questions. Given my life, I might not like the answers to what really happened in this hotel.'

Bob then made it to the front desk.

Bob saw that the female clerk, whom was sitting in a chair, across the counter from him, was wearing a nice hotel uniform. And she was watch something on a TV by her.

A few seconds later, the clerk noticed him. She turned in her chair to face him, as she politely asked, “May I help you, sir?”

Bob said, “Yes. I would like to rent a single bed room for at least a week. With the option of extending the time in the suite. Should I want to.” He thought, 'Ed. This hotel is not the most expensive hotel by far in town. But, it within in my budget. With decent nightly rates. And it is fairly nice. I will rent a room, here, for Ed, for the next week. And we will see what we want to do, next weekend.'

The clerk inquired, “That will not be a problem, sir. How will you pay?”

Bob asked, “It a debit card okay?”

The clerk answered, “Yes. But, we do have a security deposit of a thousand dollars. Plus, fifty dollars a night.”

Without hesitation, Bob said, “That will not be a problem.”

Bob thought, 'Ed is worth it. And I except for my car, cellphone, and a few minor expenses, I never really spent much on myself. As such, I saved most of the money I made at my job. So, I had plenty saved up. And I am sure, with Ed around. Someday soon, my money problems will not be an issue. Though, I will have to ask her how, later.'

The clerk the pulled out the paperwork, and Bob use a pen on the counter to start filling out the documents necessary for him renting a room.”

A few minutes later, Bob signed some documents, and his used his debit card to pay for a room at the hotel.

Bob soon finished with the clerk. He got his room number, two key cards, and his receipt. He put on key card in his wallet. Which he put back into the pant pocket he had it in.

He set the other key card on the counter. He then took a hotel business card from the counter, and he used the pen to right down his cellphone number. He then picked up and held both the other key card and the business card, side by side, in his right hand.

Next, Bob turned, as he started to walk over to where he saw that Ed was sitting down.

Meanwhile, Ed was sitting in a nearby couch, watching the lobby TV, that was mounting from a ceiling, near her.

As Ed noticed Bob walking towards her, she stood up from the couch she had been sitting in.

When Bob reached her, he handed Ed her key card, and business card.

Bob said, “This will get you in an out of your room. And the floor and room number for the room is on the car. You are on the second floor. When you want to head up there, just take the elevators by the check in desk. And the business card has my cellphone number on it.”

Ed took the key card and business card. She put the two items into her left front pocket of her blue shorts. She said, “Thank you Bob. So, how long is Ed checked in?”

Bob answered, “I have you check in for a week. We will figure something else after that. I hope to spend the day with you. But, you staying at my parents home is not going to work. If you have any problems at night, I will give you my cellphone number, and you can just called me by that number.”

Ed said, “Ed will, if Ed need you.”

Bob thought, 'I will keep the other key card to the room. Just in case Ed loses her key card. Which, given Ed's personality, is not an impossibility.'

Bob replied, “You're welcome. I have a job during the week. But, we have the weekend free. I will see what I can do to get more free time. Do you know how to drive a car?”

Ed admitted, “Not really. Ed landed ships before, but not actually pilot anything.”

Bob thought, 'Damn. I was going to loan her my car.'

Bob said, “It is alright. I will get you the number of a cab company. You will be fine.”

Ed wondered, “Why can't Ed stay with you, at work?”

Bob pointed out, “Because Ed, I work at a collector's store. A store that sales videos, music, video games, etcetera. My boss, and my customers would recognized you. That could cause a lot of problems for both of us.” Bob mentally added, 'I do not want the members of Lagoon company knowing about my little trip, nor you, Ed. For both our sakes.'

Ed said, “Okay. Is it okay if Ed watch Ed's series?”

Bo smiled, as he commented, “Sure. I will even pull out my music collection of your series. You would probably enjoy it.”

Ed returned Bob's smile, as she replied, “Ed thinks she would.”

Bob said, “Also, I will get you a decent laptop. Just promise, no hacking for right now. At least, until we are ready to leave.”

Ed stated, in a slightly disappointed tone of voice, “Ed promise.”

Bob suggested, “Now, let's go check out your room.”

As they walked to the elevator, Ed whispered, “Not to worry. I will pay you back.”

Bob softly replied, “Don't worry about it, Ed. Besides, Woolongs are not currency here.” Bob thought, 'Yea. Woolongs are not currency in this reality. And I don't see anywhere she could have hid gold bars, or jewels, on her person.'

Ed quietly replied, “Sis-sis told me something interesting. Reality travelers usually hack local banks and use fake debit cards. I can give us unlimited fund.”

Bob thought, 'Oh, hell no.... I mean I was going to ask her how we could get some money. But, we cannot do that here. That is just asking for trouble.'

Bob softly stated, “We will only do that outside of my hometown. People know me here.”

Ed whispered, “Okay. Ed understand.”

(_)

A few minutes later, after an elevator ride to the second floor, and walking down a hallway. With a couple of turns down that hallway. Bob and Ed made it to the entrance to Ed's suite.

Ed used her key card to open the door.

They looked inside, and they saw a standard one bedroom suite.

As Ed looked around, Bob turned on the lights. He then checked the phone, checked the TV, checked TV remote, checked the curtains, check the large windows, checked the fridge, check the safe, checked the sheets, checked the drawers, checked the bathroom for its working plumbing and toiletries. And he made sure everything was clean.

Ed just silently watched Bob do this, with a slight expression of amusement on her face. With Bob to busy to noticed the look of amusement on Ed's face.

A few minutes later, after Bob was sure everything was fine, he walked over to where Ed, whom standing by the bedroom. As he came to a stop, in front of her, he asked, “Is this room okay with you?”

Ed faced Bob, as she answered, “Yes.”

Bob said, “Now, I may not have a lot of money. But, I have enough. And we do need to get you some clothes. I never thought I would ever suggest this to a girl, but lets go shopping.”

Ed giggled, as she step towards him. She hugged him, as she said, “Ed like Bob more and more.” She then let go of him, as she took a step back from him, to give him a bit of personal space.

Bob looked over at Ed, as he thought, 'I hate myself for asking her. But, since we are going on a shopping trip, I have to ask her.'

Bob carefully asked, “Ed. Do we need to stop by someplace and get you any feminine hygiene products?”

Ed lips curled into a grin full of mirth, as she answered, “Bob not worry. Ed can take care of herself.”

Bob silently prayed, 'Thank you sweet merciful god.'

Bob said, “Okay. I will also give you two U.S. hundred dollars, in twenties, for food and other needed items. Just in case.”

Ed replied, “Thanks, Bob.”

Bob asked, “But first, let us get some breakfast. Is there anything in particular you would like to have for breakfast?”

Ed said, “Ed happy with whatever.”

Bob replied, “Fine with me.”

Both of them headed out of the room. Ed was first out of the room. With Bob right behind her.

On his way out of the room, and into the hallway, Bob pulled the door too. With the door automatically locking behind them, as it shut.

The two of them then hand to the elevators, so they could get to the lobby downstairs, and to the parking lot, where Bob's car was parked. So, Bob could drive them both to a restaurant, that he liked to eat at, for breakfast.

(_)

At the moment, in the collector's store, the Gateway to Fantasy, in Rico's office, Rico sat in her chair behind her desk, looking at the thin screen computer monitor on her desk, while using her computer mouse, which was attached by a cord to her computer tower, that was located in her desk.

She also had a keyboard on the desk, between her and the monitor.

She had just coming into the store, after getting some sleep at her home.

The previous night's meeting with Rock and Revy had mentally drained her. And she had decided that it was best to have pleasant night's sleep, before reviewing view what she, Rock, and Revy, of the previous night. To find out if this suspicions were warrant, on what happened to Bob, last night.

Rico had been reviewing over the new security system she installed.

When Rico reopened her store two years ago. She had the security system hooked to her computer and monitor on her desk, in her office. Instead, of being reviewed by the cashier's counter.

Rico was currently watching three different video recordings, from the previous night, on split screens on her monitor.

One recording was inside the lobby, pointed at the cashier's counter. It show Bob, in his store uniform clothing, leaning down, and then disappeared.

The next video recording was of outside, set roughly five minutes later, with Bob reappearing in different clothing, while carrying a gym bag.

He then pulled out cellphones, and looked at it for a few seconds, before starting to do a little dance.

Rico thought, 'I guess he figured out he was back home within a few minutes of leaving. And he was celebrating.'

The third video recording showed Bob pulling out Rico's reality jumping device and putting it in the counter drawer with the cash. Then, less than a minute later, Bob was shown putting on a long coat, shades, and then laughing at Revy, while walking out of the store.

Rico thought, 'I found my reality device with the cash. It was not where I left it. But, I have a feeling this is my fault. I don't think Bob intentionally used that device. I don't even see him holding it before he left. And what have you gotten yourself into, Bob?... Laughing at Revy like that mean you either lost your mind Bob, or you had one hell of a time in that other reality... I guess I will find out Monday.'

(_)

An hour later, elsewhere in town, Bob and Ed had just finished a good breakfast at a restaurant that Bob liked. With Bob paying for the meal and tip.

Right after they were finished with breakfast, Bob drove Ed to large discount department store to shop for clothes for Ed.

After Bob parked his car, Bob and Ed walked into the store. They were walking side by side, with Ed to Bob's left side.

While they walked into the department store, Bob thought, 'That girl ate six large pancakes. How does she still remain thin?... It is probably genetic. I know some people with a similar condition. They literally cannot gain weight. Still, I know it is not great to take a girl clothes shopping at a department store. But, while I am not going to let Ed know. I am pushing my cash reserves as is. I can afford this. Though, we are going to have to do this on a budget.'

'And I promised Ed a laptop computer, as well. But, if Ed can do that trick with the debit cards, that will solve our problems, once we leave my home town. We try that here, and I will likely wind up on a wanted poster. Or, worse.'

As they continued walking further into the store, Bob turned to Ed, as he said, “Ed, I wish I could take you to a nice place for clothing. But, I honestly need to budge the rest of my money, while we are still in town.”

Ed turned to Bob, as she replied, in a casual tone of voice, “It's alright, Bob.”

Bob responded, “Thank you, Ed.”

They headed for the women's clothing section. Bob immediately convinced one of the female employes in the women's clothing section to help Ed take Ed's measurements. And then help Ed find some bras, panties, and clothes that both fit her, and that she would like.

Over the course of the next hour and a half, Ed tried on several pieces of clothing, as Bob watched.

As Bob watched Ed picked out some clothing, he thought, 'Ed really is a tomboy. Nothing is going to change that. But, I need talk her into buying at least on nice, though not expensive dress, for herself.'

Eventually, Bob was able talk Ed into picked out a nice dress that both she and Bob agreed, that she looked good in. And the dress was not very expensive.

When they were finished shopping for clothing. Ed picked a back pack to put all of her new clothes in.

Finally, they check out, and Bob used his debit card to pay for everything.

Since it was only three large of bags of clothing, including a bag for the backpack. Bob didn't mind carrying the items out of the store.

After they put Ed's new clothing into the truck of Bob's car. Bob drove Ed and himself to nearby electronics store to get Ed a computer laptop. It was a decent, mid-line laptop computer. Bob just prayed that Ed would not be tempted, out of boredom, to try to hack into any computers, while in town.

But, Ed promised she wouldn't. And Bob trusted her.

Also, Ed told him that she planed to keep her backpack full of clothes, and her laptop near her, at all times. In case they needed to make a quick escape.

Bob complimented that was a good idea.

After a few other short errands, for a few items. And a quite trip to the hotel, so Ed could shower, and change clothes, Bob took Ed back to his home for a proper introduction.

As Bob re-entered his home, through the front door, with Ed, he met his parents in their living room. With Ed standing to his right side.

Bob saw that both his parents were resting on the couch, while watching TV.

Bob thought, 'My siblings are likely in another part of the house.'

Bob said to them, “Mom, Dad, I have someone to introduce you too.”

Bob's parents turned to face him and Ed.

Ed smiled at them. She waved did a small wave with her right hand, as she said, “Hi.” She then dropped her right hand back to her side.

Bob introduced her, as he calmly said, “This is Ed. A girl I met last night.”

Bob could see that his comment surprised both his parents.

Bob's mother had the TV remote in her right hand. She muted the TV, and set the remote on the couch.

She and her husband sprung up from their seats as they walked over to Bob and Ed.

When they reach Bob and Ed, they came to a stop, five feet from them, as they both look at Ed.

Bob's mother asked, “Ed, are you Bob's girlfriend?”

Ed coyly said, “Maybe.”

Bob's father said, under his breath, “Finally.”

Bob's mother offered, “Come sit down, so we can talk.”

Ed said, “Sure.”

Ed, Bob, and Bob's parents then went back into the living room, and sat down in the chairs and couch. With Bob's parents taking the chairs. And Ed and Bob sitting beside each other, on the couch.

Bob, Ed, and Bob's parents spent the nex a half hour talking, with Bob getting the feeling that even with Ed's oddities, his parents liked her.

Though, soon they wrapped up their conversation, with Bob and Ed then heading up to Bob's bedroom.

When the got to his room, Bob shut the door, but he did not lock. He then walked over to his gym bag. He then picked up his laptop, and peripherals, including his wireless mouse, off his gym bag, onto his bed.

Bob and Ed then sat down beside each other, on Bob's bed, as Bob set his laptop at the foot of his bed. He then opened his laptop, turned off sleep mode. Next, he logged into his account, using the password new password, which he changed last night, before he got reach for bed.

With his laptop computer ready to use, Bob let Ed look at his laptop computer.

Ed recognized the model, as she stated, “Oh. A nice model.”

Bob mentioned, “It even has the entertainment deluxe package on it.”

Ed cracked a grin, as she asked, “Real nice model, then. Ed like. Can Ed hack with it, once we leave town?”

Bob politely said, “Sorry Ed. This computer laptop is for archival purposes. Not hacking. Hacking should be done on a separate computer, in case of backhacks.”

Ed conceded, “Good point. How does Bob know about backhacks?”

Bob asked, “Ever seen the Ghost in the Shell anime and manga series?”

Ed stated, “Ed has. Ed especially liked Stand Alone Complex anime series. As a child, Ed for learn interest in hacking from watching Major hack in that series.”

Bob thought, 'That explains so much. Though, Ed and Motoko are completely polar opposites. It might not be a good idea for them to ever meet. I doubt they will like each other.'

Bob inquired, “Cool. So do I. Now, what do you want to watch first, Ed?”

Ed answered, “My series.”

Bob countered, “Are you sure you want to see your series? You of all people know that a lot of unpleasant stuff happened to you guys.”

Ed stated, “Ed still needs to see it.”

Bob responded, “Okay. We will start with the first episode. I will be back in a couple of minutes.”

Bob went down to the basement to retrieve his Cowboy Bebop anime and music collections, and bring it back upstairs.

Five minutes later, he returned with the items he had been looking for.

As Bob returned to the room, he sat back down beside Ed, on his bed, as he set the DVDs and CDs on his bed, by the laptop.

Bob then pulled out the first disc from his its box, and he loaded the DVD into the disc tray of the computer.

To Bob's delight, the DVD loaded perfectly onto his new laptop computer.

Bob then set the DVD to play the english dialogue track of the Cowboy Bebop episodes on the disc.

Bob also see the volume to a comfortable level, with the window the video was playing on set to full screen mode, so they could see the episode, clearly.

They then watched the first episode of Cowboy Bebop without a problem.

Though, Ed commented, 'So sad, that couple died from their foolishness.'

Bob agreed, “True.”

The next episode was, 'Stray Dog Strut', which introduce Ein.

Ed stated, “So, that is how Ein joined the crew.”

Bob commented, in a humorous tone of voice, “I don't think Ein gave them must choice.

For a few seconds, Ed lightly giggled, as she replied, “Ein has always been that way.”

The episode was, 'Honky Tonk Women”, which introduce Faye.

Ed said, “Faye-Faye is funny when she is so greedy.”

Bob replied, “No argument there.”

The next few episodes came and when.

Then came the episode, “Heavy Metal Queen”, which introduced V.T.

Ed stated, “V.T. was fun when I later met her, with Faye and Jet.”

Bob requested, “You will have to tell me that story sometime, Ed”

Bob mentally reflected, with amusement, 'V.T., Ed, and Faye in the same place. There are no three more polar opposite women, in personalities, in the entire multiverse. Jet must have had fun ducking the fireworks of those three that day. Bwahahahaha!!'

Ed replied, “Oh, I will.”

Bob couple not hold it in anymore, as he chuckled a little, from Ed's comments.

Two episodes later was, “Jamming with Edward”, which introduced Ed.

After the episode ended, Ed plainly asked, “Was Edward really this annoying?”

Bob said, in a comforting tone of voice, “Ed, you grow on people. And you have more of a fun personality, than an annoying one. It just took you time to mature a little.”

Ed responded, “Thanks Bob.”

A few episodes, after Ed's introductory episode, was the episode, “Toys in the Attic”.

At the end, Ed commented, “Ed got stomach ache from eating that thing, for a day. And others wake up a day later.”

Bob replied, “That is nice to know.” He thought, 'That explains the questions I have about that episode.'

The there was the two part episode, “Jupiter Jazz”.

Ed said, “Poor Gren. Ed sat Faye wept for him, for a little while, soon after those events.”

Bob soberly commented, “There are worse ways to go.”

Ed quietly agreed, “True.”

The next episode was, “Bohemian Rhapsody”.

Ed stated, “I have great times playing chess with old guy. Even beat him a few times.”

Bob replied, “I am not surprised.”

A few episodes later was, “Mushroom Samba”.

Ed said, “I knew Ein could talk to animals. But, why didn't Ein talk to us?”

Bob commented, “Maybe he had nothing to say.”

Ed laughed.

They continued watching, with Bob pulling out the Cowboy Bebop anime movie to play between episodes twenty-two, “Cowboy Funk”, and episode twenty-three, Brain Scratch, which was the proper chronological order for the Cowboy Bebop anime move.

Soon after, then they came to the series two part final, “The Real Folk Blues”.

At the end of the episode, Bob saw Ed start to cry.

Bob said, in a comforting tone of voice, “Cry all you need, Ed. You will feel better, afterward.”

Ed used her hands to wiped away her tears, as she stated, “It is not that. It is that I regret not being able to find, Spike.”

Bob said, in a supportive tone of voice, “I am sure you will find Spike, eventually.”

Bob thought, 'It seems that Cowboy Bebop reality itself has conspired to keep Spike Spiegel a mystery to literally everyone. Even the creator of the series has gone on record, stating he is not sure what happened to Spike.'

Ed replied, “Thanks, for the vote of confidence, Bob.”

Bob could see that Ed was calming down. He responded, “Don't worry about it, Ed. Now, let's watch some anime comedies. I found this one comedy, titled Ranma Half, whose cast of characters, I am sure exists in this reality, as real people.”

Ed asked, in mild surprised, “Really?”

Bob responded, “Yes. And I think we will both laugh are butts off watching it.”

Ed replied, “Sounds interesting, Bob. Let's see it.”

Bob then used his mouse to select the first anime episode of Ranma Half, in the english dub.

The two of them started watching the episode, and they laughed through the entire episode.

At the end of the episode, Ed commented, “In Akane's place, meeting nude, male Ranma, Ed would not have screamed. Ed would have been flattered.”

Bob said, “You are not most women, Ed.”

Ed concede, “True.”

Bob stated, “And I mean that as a compliment.”

Ed replied, “I know. Let's keep watching.”

They then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening, between meals and bathroom trips, watching anime. Mostly episodes from Ranma Half. But, a few other series, as well. Until it was time for Bob to take Ed back to the hotel she was staying at.

As soon as Bob escorted Ed to her hotel room, he returned to his car, and came home, He then got ready for bed, and he went to sleep in his bed.

On Sunday morning, Bob picked Ed up, they had breakfast, then came back to Bob's family home, and they watched even more anime, until it was time take Ed to the hotel, with Bob returning home to get some sleep.

During the entire time, both Ed and Bob got to know each other, and they found they did like each others company, and tastes in various things. They were fast becoming good friends, and maybe something more.

(_)

Then, came Monday morning, and Bob had to report for work at the Gateway to Fantasy collector's store.

With Bob graduated from high school, Bob was working the morning shift at the store.

After Bob had breakfast with Ed, he dropped her back at the hotel, he head for work.

Bob was dressed in his usual work clothes, with his necklace hidden under his shirt.

As Bob drove to work that morning, he thought, 'This will be the first time, in a while, that have I shown up for the morning and afternoon shifts, instead of afternoon and evening shifts.'

'But, I am not out of school, so that is no surprise there. Still, that breakfast with Ed was fun. And I am sure she can take care of herself, till this evening.'

'And given the sudden craziness in my life, this weekend I created a bugout bag for myself, that I put into the trunk of my car. It is my gym bag. It also has my new laptop, and the items that came with it, a few sets of my clothes, Mal's coat, my boot knife, and a few other things.'

'Also, I am glad I transfers the from my DVD and music collection, to my laptop, the few series, including Cowboy Bebop series, movie and soundtrack, that is not already on the hard drive.'

'Along with this, backup my computer files from my old tower computer. Including my copies of the Cowboy Bebop manga. So, I have everything on hand. I even found out that I was able to import my favorites from the web browser my tower computer, in the web browser of my new laptop computer.'

'I am ready to run, if I need too. But, I won't run without Ed. Also, I got my necklace under my shirt.'

'Still, now I have to see if my boss figured out I was in another reality, last Friday night.'

A few minutes later, Bob reached the store the parking lot and parked his car.

He then walked in the store, through the front double-doors, which Rico left unlocked during that time of morning. Though, the store was still technically closed for another half hour.

After Bob walked inside the store, he saw Rico standing there, waiting for him, directly in front of him, ten feet inside the store.

Rico was wearing a short sleeved blouse, pants, and shoes.

Though, from the look on Rico's face, Bob could tell she was not happy about something.

Rico flatly ordered, “My office, now.”

Bob just nodded, in responded.

Rico then turned around and headed for her office, with Bob following behind her.

When they went inside her office, Rico closed the door behind them. She then sat down behind her desk.

After she sat down, she looked over at Bob, as she ordered, “Sit down Bob. We have a lot to talk about.

Of the two chairs in front of Rico's desk, Bob sat down in the chair to Rico's right side.

The green haired woman then turned her thin screen monitor around, on its base, for Bob to see, as she inquired, “Care to explain this?”

Bob look at the monitor, and he was surprised at what he saw.

The screen showed three videos on loops. One was Bob disappearing. Another was Bob reappearing. And the third was Bob putting on Mal's long coat.

Bob thought, 'Oh crap. I have been caught. And Rico knows that I had been outside of this reality. I hope to god, she figured this out, after Rock and Revy left. If they know, it could cause me all sorts of trouble.'

'If I am not careful, I will be dragged into their insane lives. That is something I want to avoid at all cost. Adventure is one thing. Insanity is quite another. Still, I may have to tell Rico most of everything. But, I will not tell him about Ed, about Reggie being my future self, nor about my family's genetic history.'

'Though, I will ask if she wants the short answer, or the long answer. I might get lucky, and I just give her the cliff notes version, like she did with me, concerning Chang's defeat.'

Bob questioned, “Do you want the short answer? Or, the long answer?”

Rico stated, “I will keep this store closed as long as it takes to get the full story from you.”

Bob thought, 'Damn. She wants the long answer. I am going to have to tell her most of what happened. And she can tell if I am lying. So, I am going to be have to be honest with her. But, I might be able to gloss over a lot of the details.'

Bob explained, “First, that night, I did not mess with the reality device. I noticed that one of the drawers by the cashier's counter was cracked open. I opened it to see what was in.”

“I saw your reality device. I immediately device to close the drawer. But, as I closed the drawer, the bottom of the drawer you had that device in fell out, with the device dropping to the floor. I tried to catch it, but it hit the floor, before I did, and it activated. In an instant, I was on Mars in the Cowboy Bebop reality. On May Fourteenth, Two thousand seventy-five. Around four years after the Cowboy Bebop series ended.”

“I then spent the next two days hauling my ass back to Earth, and the ruins of Aspen of that reality, so I could return here, when the forty-eight hour countdown on the timer ended. And I just barely made it under the wire.”

Rico thought, 'So, that is where I put it. With this whole an accident was my fault, and it is not Bob's fault. Good. He has always been such a responsible person. So, there is hope. Now, to tell him the truth about that timer on the reality device. Though, I am sure he is not going to be happy to hear this, after the face. But, first...'

Rico stated, “I should not have left that reality device out, like that. For that, I apologize.”

Bob said, “Apology accepted.”

Rico pointed out, “Thank you. Now, I am sure you are not going to like hearing this after the fact. But, there was no need for you to travel back to Earth, in the other reality. The device should have returned you back to store when the countdown ended. Still, you did not know that.”

Bob mentally whined, 'Thanks for telling me after the fact. Though, at least you realize you mistake.' He said, “You are correct. But, I can live with at least knowing that, now.”

Rico said, “Good. Anyway, I want to know the details of how you got from Mars to Earth, within less than two days. That is quite a feat. I am not sure even my friends from Roanapur could pulled that off, without using reality traveling technology. And that warrants learning more about your adventure.”

Bob thought, 'Damn. And I was hoping I could just get by with telling her the short version. Still, that was a nice compliment. So, what the hell? I might as well just tell her what happened.'

Bob dropped all pretenses, while he gave his boss a million dollar smile, as he stated, in with delight in his tone of voice, “I was told such a run was called a, comet run, in that reality. And it lived up to the name. I had the time my life, for those two days.”

Rico inquired, “What do you mean?”

Bob answered, “Well, to start with, I met V.T., the Heavy Metal Queen. I found V.T. to be wonderful conversationalist. And she has great taste in music. Some of that rock she listens to does not exist here. But, it is as good as some of the best rock songs here.”

Rico asked, “You met V.T.? The space trucker?”

Bob replied, “Yep. She is a great woman to get to know. The Heavy Metal Queen episode did not do her justice. Thought, the episode did show her in a positive light. I have videos and pictures of her and others. On my cellphone. If you want to see.”

Rico responded, “Maybe later.”

Bob said, “Anyway, I think we might be seeing V.T. someday.”

Rico asked, “What do you mean?”

Bob answered, “When I met V.T. she was talking to these two guys. Long story short, I overheard the tail in of their conversation, and they were offering V.T. a job. Right before I left, I told V.T. to take the job that were offer. Anyway, I talked to them right after they were finished with V.T. They run a package delivery service.”

“It seems in their youth, they saw Futurama. It is the only series that fits their explanation, and they decided to take the idea of that series to the next logical step. Here is their card. I would like it back, when you are finished looking at it.”

Bob pulled out his wallet, and pulled out a card from it.

He handed the card to Rico.

Rico took the card from Bob's left hand. When the green haired woman read the card, in her hands, her eyes when wide. The card read, in english letters, “Reality Express.” Below it, in small letters in english were, “Literally anytime. Anywhere. For a fair price.”

Bob saw the expression on Rico's face. Bob stated, “Yep. They run a reality package delivery service. And they disappeared before I could question them.”

Rico handed Bob back his card, as she thought, 'This changes everything. Bob, you have met other reality travelers, and they know you exist. I need to know how serious the situation is.' Rico asked, “Did you meet any other reality travelers while in that reality?”

Bob took the card back into his wallet. He then put his wallet in the pants pocket he had it in.

Bob looked over at Rico, as he answered her, “Yea. I don't know how they got there. But, I met the Serenity crew, from the Firefly series. Post Serenity Movie. Considering neither Book, nor Wash, were there.”

Rico thought, 'So, there is where they wound up.'

Bob continued, “Anyway, I have it on good authority that they do not have any reality tech with them.” He thought, 'If they did, Chang would not still be stuck with them. And she would have likely be gone long before I met the rest of the crew.'

Rico thought, 'Given what that crew is capable of, I am not surprised that Rock would not let them have any such technology. They have the potential to become just as dangerous as Chang became.'

Rico asked, “And what were you opinions of them?”

Bob commented, “While most of the crew of the Serenity seemed nice. I avoided River, for obvious reasons. And Kaylee had to work on the Serenity's engines for most of the time I was on board their ship. Still, Mal can be such a jerk. That is why I stole Mal's brown long coat.”

Rico exclaimed, “You did what?!”

Bob slyly smiled, as he responded, “Yea. That video of me putting the coat on should be in that third video of your. That is Mal's brown long coat. I have it in the trunk of my car, right now. Do you want to see it?”

Rico flatly answered, “No. And if Mal ever finds you, you are a dead man.”

Bob smirked, as he stated, “He has got to catch me first. Also, I got another memento from my trip.” Bob used his right hand to reach into his pull out his necklace with the vial of red soil attached to it.” Bob continued, “This is vial of red martian soil from the Cowboy Bebop reality.”

Rico replied, “Wow!”

Bob said, “I know.”

Rico asked, “Isn't it illegal to own space material like that here?”

Bob chuckled for a few seconds. He then put his necklace back under his shirt, as he answered, “You quoting me on legalities. That is a laugh. I looked into this a while back.”

“Long story short, the only space rocks the government claims to own are those they brought back with them. Like the moon rocks. If it falls to the ground on its own, it is fair game.”

“And since the government didn't bring this martian soil to Earth, it doesn't belong to them. In a way, as long as I have this necklace, I will never leave Mars.”

Bob thought, 'I am glad I did that school report on the subject of moon rocks.'

Rico commented, “That is one way to looked at it.”

Bob mentioned, “By the way, I found Chang.” He thought, 'This news will likely brighten her day. And help me get out of the doghouse with her.'

Rico responded, in surprise, “What?!” Rico thought, 'You found Chang. Bob, what happened to you in that reality?'

Bob stated, “Yea. I did find her. Yes. She is a woman, now. And a hot one at that. By the way, is there a reward for information leading to his capture?”

Rico replied, “Not as far as know”

Bob responded, “Damn. I was hoping for some quick cash. Oh well. Anyway, I don't know how. I don't know why. But, somehow, Chang ended up River's bitch. As in kept girlfriend. Also, she is the Serenity's janitor. Talk about how the mighty have fallen.”

Rico laughed uneasily. She thought, 'This boy had seen a lot in two days. At least, Chang is clearly in hiding. Even from the Serenity crew. Except for River, whom probably has her on a tight leash. I can live with Chang suffering that fate.'

Bob thought, 'Well, she is happier. But, not as happy as I had hoped that news would makes. Still, I might as well also mentioned the name that Chang now goes by.'

Bob went onto say, “Also, Chang now goes by the name, Daiyu. She told me her female name means, black jade.”

Rico inquired, with curiously showing in her voice, “You actually talked to her?”

Bob shrugged, as she answered, “At the time, she was literally tossing me around the room. But, I did get a few things out of her. And escaped her by tricking her.”

“Though, she did tell me about what that process does to you. Besides the Including the super-soldier serum. Damn you girls are strong. During the tail end of our little conversation, Daiyu practically threw me around the room, like a ragdoll. Before, I was able to escape her.”

Rico thought, 'Dear lord. Bob survived a fight with Chang. And Chang told him about the vat process. This is not good. Still...” She asked, with concern in her voice, “Are you okay?”

Bob casually responded, “Yea. I am okay. I do have a few bruises from the experience. But, I will leave. Still, that was long after I got arrested, and escaped, the ISSP.”

Rico questioned, “You got arrested, and escaped, the police?”

Bob responded, “Don't worry. I didn't do anything illegal to get arrested. Long story short, it was a corrupt scam by the police. They were arresting everyone entering the Earth and Moon area, from the hyperspace gates. Jet wound up as my cell mate. With Mal, Jayne, and Simon being held in a cell across from us. During the mass jailbreak, we were all part of, Jet kicked both Mal and Jayne’s asses.”

Rico thought, 'Well, that answers that question, of which one of those men is tougher in a fight. Still, on a related matter.' She asked, “You met Jet?”

Bob replied, “And Faye. With the three of us escaping on the Bebop.” He mentally added, 'And Ed, whom is here in town. Not that I want you to know that, Rico. She is the first girl to ever show any interest in me, and I am going to have you send her back to her home reality.'

Rico sarcastically stated, “Great. You are now a wanted man there.”

Bob countered, “Nope. I am not a fugitive there. Jet told me not to worry. From what I understand, if the escape came out, it would create a huge scandal, concerning the mass of wrongful arrests. And thus, the ISSP top brass will likely swipe everything under the rug.”

Rico said, “That is believable.” She thought, 'I have heard of worse scandals being swept under the rug, in my home reality.'

Bob mentioned, “Anyway, Faye and Jet are great people. Just like V.T. They let me take several videos and pictures of them. I even had fan ready interviews of them.”

Rico commented, “That is wild.”

Bob stated, “They even gave me a tour of their ship and zipcrafts. I got to peek inside the Swordfish II, Hammerhead, and Red Tail. And I even got pictures, videos, and audio recordings of all three of those zipcraft, and the interior of the Bebop, itself.”

Rico replied, with astonishment in her tone of voice, “You lucky dog.”

Bob smiled, as he responded, “I know. Oh, by the way. I got shot by, Zoe. But, it is only a graze, on my upper left arm. I will be fine. It even stopped bleeding last night, and I didn't have to patch it. Though, I did clear it.”

Rico questioned, with concern, “You got shot?!”

Bob replied, “Yes. It is only a scratch. Though, the trip was still worth it.”

Rico thought, 'This is bad. The way he is talking about his first adventure, it is like a junkie getting his first fix. He just cannot get enough. And he is going to want more. This could be a problem.'

Bob smiled grew a little wider, as he stated, in excitement, “And there is more. So much more. From my adventure I learned that this reality is a work of fiction. I am not sure by how much. Or, how many series.”

“But, I have nailed down confirmation of one series. And I am fairly sure that timeline wise, in this reality, the series has concluded. Considering the person's age in the series, compared to what I have seen in news article about him, or her, depending on the situation. That person's name is Ranma Saotome, from the series is Ranma Half.”

Rico asked, “How did you find about the Ranma Half series?”

Bob inquired, “You know the series?”

Rico flatly responded, “Of course I do. From the reality I come from, any anime fan, worth a damn, has heard of that series. Now, how did you find out?”

Bob explained, “The city was I teleport too, on Mars, that was Tharsis City. During my time there, I went to a store called Jayray's. It was an electronics store, there. I bought a laptop computer there from teenage sales girl named, Judy. On it, I got what they called the deluxe package. It included just about every fictional series you could imagine.”

“Of course, excluding the Cowboy Bebop series. But, I got that covered. I even have copies of Black Lagoon on it. And that is only the tip of iceberg of what I got. From the content on the deluxe entertainment package. While cross-referencing the information I found on the internet here. I figured out this reality is just a work of fiction”

Bob thought, 'I will leave out Reggie and B being the ones that bought the laptop and a few other items. Including, paying Mal for my ride on the Serenity.'

Rico thought, 'I already knew that. But, the fact you figured this out, on your own. Including, finding out about Ranma. Means this situation is getting worse, by the minute, for both of us. Thankfully, I am recording this entire conversation for later.'

'I never did tell you that I wired my office as well, with both hidden cameras and microphones. Though, I did that, as possible leverage, if Rock, Revy, or one of their friends, every came after me again. Which, thankfully, has not yet happened. And I hope it never does happen. I really don't want to get on their bad sides. And I am sure you don't want to get on their bad sides, either.'

'Still, I wonder what you have found out on the internet.'

Rico requested, “Please explain. What did you find on the internet?”

Bob stated, “I found out a lot. Two years ago, after you were kidnapped, I started looking on the internet for weird things on Earth. And I remember of lot of what I read, back them. Still, a lot of it is censored. But, if you look hard enough, you will start seeing patterns.”

“Like a lot of craziness is centered around Tokyo. And no, I am not planning to go there. Nor, the backwoods of China. After seeing Ranma Half.”

Rico said, “That would be wise.” She thought, 'If he has figured out that much, then this means he was already slowly putting the pieced together, years ago. Right after I was kidnapped.'

'Oh, Bob. You were planning on going on an adventure, even before you accidentally wound up in the Cowboy Bebop reality, for two days. You just got started on your adventure, a little sooner than you planned.'

'And I made things worse. I told you the basics of what was going on. Along with what you learned, you realized how many of the pieces fit together, in this puzzle we call life.'

'Also, I offered to take you on adventures, when you turned eighteen. And you took me at my word. And while I planned to take you to a few, of the more safer places in the multiverse. You clearly were expecting more from me.'

'And I only made that offer to you, as a way to convince you to stay, until you were adult. So, you won't do something stupid. And try to go on an adventure, before you were ready.'

'I had you lose weight, and showed you the basics to protecting yourself. In case you did get in trouble. And it looks my precautions paid off. Because you are still alive and in good health. Instead of stranded, or dead, in another reality.'

'Still, it looks like my plans to protect you have backfire. And I now have to deal with the repercussions.'

Bob went onto say, “I am glad you agree. Anyway, last Friday night. After I got back. Over the previous weekend, I started watching some anime I now own. And speaking of last Friday night. I first have a question for you. Was that Rock and Revy, meeting with you, that night, in the store?”

Rico answered, “Yes. They sometimes come by, and we chat. And catch up on what is going on with each other.” She thought, 'There is no point in denying that. We are both in too deep, as is.'

Bob said, “I thought so. Also, I would appreciate it if you kept this conversation between us.”

Bob thought, 'This means that Rico is being kept in the loop, with his friends from other realities. It also means that eventually, Rock and Revy will come back, and learn that I reality traveled.'

'Though, I believe you will only inform them of the basics of what happened to me. Without going into the details I told you. But, I do not want to be around, when Rock and Revy learn about my little adventure. Because, they will be looking for me. To learn more about what had happened. And I don't want to answer their questions, and risk getting caught up in their insane lives.'

'My life is crazy enough, as is.'

'Still, those types of meetings only happen once, every few months. So, I have sometime to get ready, before I finally leave town with Ed. And go on the grand adventure, I am sure we are both destine to have together.'

Rico flatly stated, “I will take your request under consideration. Please continue.”

Bob thought, 'Good. That means you will likely keep what I told you, to yourself. Now, to continue my story.'

Bob stated, “I decided, given the gender bending that happened to you, and the others, that I would check out some anime of the gender bending genre. I came across the Ranma Half anime during Friday night. I found it very funny. And after watching the first episode, I remembered the name Ranma Saotome, in some martial arts news, that I had run across, over the years.”

“From there, it wasn't hard to nail down Ranma's alter-ego, Ranko, of the former rock band, Koco.”

“I found finding out my home reality was a work of fiction, to be is very interesting.”

Rico agreed, “Yes, it is. I know the feeling. And it opens up possibilities.”

Bob replied, “That it does.”

Rico inquired, “By the way, how much of the Ranma anime and manga have you reviewed, so far?” She thought, 'How much do you know about, Ranma?'

Bob responded, “Not much. It is a long series. By the way, is this reality dealing with the Ranma Half anime, or manga?”

Rico thought, 'Good. Though, I am sure you will likely find out more, as time goes on. But, I might as answer you question. And you will probably find my answer, to be interesting.'

Rico commented, “From what I was told. This reality's Ranma experienced both the stories from the anime and the manga.”

Bob replied, with intrigue in his tone of voice, “Interesting.”

Rico mentally reflected, 'That is just what I expected you to say.'

Meanwhile, Bob thought, 'I am sure that the anime and manga have parts that conflict. So, that means that this reality may not exactly follow either version. But, this reality is an alternative reality of the two versions of that series. This is truly fascinating. But, I will think on that more later. I need to tell Rico about a few other series, that I have watched, and read.'

Though, before Bob could speak, Rico questioned, “Yes. It is. Anything else?”

Bob thought, 'I better not delay her further.' He mentioned, “Yes. There were other series I watched, and read, as well.”

Rico questioned, “Such as?”

Bob answered, “There was this anime that has an interesting take of the magical girl genre. The title was, Kampfer. I have only looked at the anime. I haven't looked at the manga, nor light novels.'

'Then, there was this very funny manga, I found. The title is, Gacha Gacha Secret. I will say this, Akira is likely the only person I have seen to accept his, her, gender abilities so quickly, and not reject those abilities.”

Rico stated, “True. Akira is one of a kind.” Rico mentally added, 'And you don't know the half of it. Bob, I wonder how you would react to learned that Kampfer anime, and Gacha Gacha manga, as being real in this reality? Or, how would you react if you learned what happened to Akira, after her series had concluded? And the fact that all three of those people are now lovers with each other.'

Bob said, in a more serious, through sober tone of voice, “Rico. There was another matter I would like to talk to you about. I know you don't like to talk about your time, and experiences, in Roanapur. And I respect that. But, I am looking for some help.”

Rico asked, with concern in her tone of voice, “What kind of help?”

Bob said, “Well, I know that you have some experience with dealing within the black market. Given your time in the Church of Violence. And I think we could make a nice profit collecting and selling things from across the multiverse.”

“I am not talking about any serious stealing. Hell. Just some nicknacks, we can pick up cheap there and sell at a premium here. Along with some pictures, videos, music, art. Even internet information, from other realities, could net us fortunes, several times over.”

Bob's eyes became wider, with glee, as he continued, in a slightly energetic tone of voice, “And that is only the tip of a mountain of an iceberg.”

Bob's voice became more excited, as he went on to say, “And Rico. Think of the wealth. Think of the power. Think of the fun we could have doing this.”

Rico forcefully stated, “No!” She then continued, in a very serious, and direct, tone of voice, “Rock and Revy informed me all to well that this is exactly what started the whole mess with Chang, in the first place. This is the dark side of multiverse travel. The temptation to profit off of traveling the multiverse, while thinking that your victims are just characters, and not real people. Chang thought the same thing. Of having fun and profit by collecting and stealing across the multiverse.”

“And look at the mess has Chang caused. I lost my manhood because of Chang. And I was one of the lucky ones. At least, Chang did not use me in her Tower's breeding projects. I was just slated to be a brainwashed servant. Until Rock and her friends found me in the Tower, and deprogrammed me.”

“And also look at what happened to Rock, and her immediate friends. They are in the same boat as me...”

Rico let out a deep breath. She went onto say, in a more sober tone of voice, “What I am saying, Bob. Is that you do not want to mess with the multiverse, like that. No good will come of it. None, what so ever.”

Bob quickly backed off the idea, as he forced himself to calm down.

Bob responded, in a much more calmer tone of voice, “Okay. I get your Yoda moment. I will drop the idea. Though, one can still enjoy the traveling and sightseeing.” Bob mentally added, 'Damn! She has a point. I guess that was not such a great idea, after all. I saw where that fate lead Chang. That is a fate that I do not want.'

Rico stated, “Good. I have heard enough, Bob. We may talk about this later. I want you to go open the store. I will join you in a little while. And please close this office door, behind you.”

Bob replied, “Yes ma'am.” He then got up from his chair, and walked over to the closed office door. He then opened the door, and gently closed the door behind him, as he left for the storefront lobby, to open up Rico's store, for the morning.

As soon as Bob had closed the door behind him, with the door latch catching on the groove, Rico pulled out her cellphone, and she dialed a cellphone number, that she had on her cellphone.

Rico then held the cellphone up to her right ear.

The phone rang, as Rico thought, 'I was told this number is to be used for emergencies. And this is an emergency. The worst part, is that I am going to have to tell the the others, that I told Bob what basically happened to us, in the multiverse. They are not going to be happy with me doing that. And they are going to want to speak to Bob about the matter. But, I will do my best to protect Bob from them. Which is unfortunately, not saying much.

'Though, the alternative, of letting Bob roam free, without talking to him. Could be far worse for everyone. Including, Bob, himself.'

The person on the other end picked up the phone. A female voice answered, “Hello.”

Rico said, “Hi Akira. It is Rico. I think we may have a problem that you need to inform Rock of. It is about Bob. That her and Revy's suspicions were correct. And it is worse than we thought. As such, I could use a second opinion on how to handle Bob.”

Akira responded, “Rico. I am listening. Tell me what you found out, so I can let Rock know what is going on.”

Rico then began telling Akira what Bob had told her.

Fifteen minutes later, Rico hung up her cellphone, and put it away. She then got up from her chair, went to her office door. She opened her door, and walked into the story front lobby.

As she exited her office, she gently shut her door behind her.

While Rico walked through the lobby, to join Bob, in opening up her shop, she thought, 'I hope we don't have to do anything drastic about Bob. I like Bob, as a friend. And I don't want to see anything bad happen to him. Now,

A few seconds later, Rico joined Bob, at the front of the store. With her and Bob, soon opening the Gateway to Fantasy Collector's Store for business, that day. And both Rico and Bob, tabled their personal worries, for later, as they did their jobs for that day.

(_)

Cowboy Bebop Reality. Tharsis City, on Mars.

It was a sunny day, as Rock walked the streets of Tharsis city.

For Rock, it had been a day since Akira had visited her, on Lagoon Island. In private, away from the rest of her family, Akira had told her what Rico had told her.

Akira saw that Rock was not happy with the situation. But, she was not angry either. Akira then left for her home, while Rock decided to visit the Cowboy Bebop reality, and see where Bob had been. Before she came to Akira's home reality, and talked to Rico, on the matter.'

To prevent paradoxes, Rock came a week after the date Bob had mentioned he had come to this reality on.

According the clock in the restaurant that Rock had just exited, the time was 3:35 PM, local time. She had checked with the locals. And she confirmed that the date Tuesday, May Twenty-first, Two thousand seventy-five AD.

To prevent being seen, nor recorded, by camera, arriving in the Cowboy Bebop reality, Rock had teleported into the women's restroom, in a restaurant.

As Rock had used her reality device, she thought of the date, time, place, and reality. Along with teleported into a women's restroom, in a restaurant, near a store electronics store, called Jayray's.

Over the last few years, since Rock was changed into a woman. The super-soldier serum she was exposed to had kept female form was still in excellent physical condition. Also, she had decided to keep her black hair long. Because she found she liked her long black hair, and Revy found her long black hair attractive.

Rock was dressed in her usual white long sleeved blouse, and dark pants, with black, flat sole slippers. And for emergencies, she had her sonic shotgun hidden in her gambler's rig, on the underside of her right wrist, under her long right sleeve.

As soon as Rock had arrived, she pocketed her reality device in her front right pants pocket. She then had walked out of the restroom, and into the dining area of the restaurant. Next, she checked the clocked, for the local time. After which, she asked a few of the locals, in english, for the day's date.

Once confirming with the date a few times, she asked how to find Jayray's. Fortunately, the people in the restaurant were more than happy to give her directions. And she was informed that it was only a block from her location. All she had to do was exit the restaurant, and take a right. With her to keep walking for around ten minutes. That she cannot miss.

After Rock gaining the information she needed, Rock said, thank you for the information, to the people. She then calmly exited the restaurant. She then turned to her right side, as she started to walk down the sidewalk.

Given the time of day, and the area of the city Rock was in. There were not many people on the sidewalks. And not many vehicles driving by, or flying nearby.

While Rock walked down the sidewalks, of the city, she looked around, as she thought, 'You know what, I am really surprised at how clean and nice this Tharsis city is. Given how gritty the Cowboy Bebop series can be, this place seems a lot nicer than I though it would be. It is not perfect. But, it is nice.'

'On a related topic. In all honesty. Years ago. When I first showed Revy my copies of the Cowboy Bebop anime series. That I bought. I was surprised to find that Revy liked watching the Cowboy Bebop anime series. Fortunately, the copies I bought had the american english dub of the series, which were very good.'

'As I recall. I introduced her to the Cowboy Bebop series about two weeks after we survived that adventure with that group of middle eastern terrorists that Chang dragged us into.'

'It around the time Revy stopped talking about challenging Shenhua to a dual. Like she had with Roberta. Fortunately, Dutch, Benny, Chang, and I, convinced her it was a bad idea.'

'All four of us had a vested interest in making sure those two did not kill each other. Chang like Revy and Shenhua. While, Benny, Dutch, and I, liked Revy.'

'Revy finally agreed to drop the idea. Because it is just too most of a challenge to figure out how the fight would begin. At close quarters. Or, at range. Revy a had range advantage, while Shenhua had a close quarters combat advantage. So, there fighting styles were to different to have a formal match with weapon.'

'And I truly believe that Revy did not want to have a repeat with that four hours slug fest, without weapons, that she had with Roberta.'

'Given that was painful, and ultimately boring to watch. I don't want to know how those two women felt during the battle. Nor, afterward.'

'Though, after right after fight, Revy was so sore, that it took her two days before she could walk more distance than it took to get from her bed, to her personal bathroom. And I am sure that Roberta was in a similar stay.'

'But, both of them did recover. And I am sure that like Revy. Roberta would not want to repeat that fistfight, either.'

'Though, we did take our time walking the Cowboy Bebop series, a little over a month. With us watching one episode at night. Or, in the case of the Cowboy Bebop movie, we watched it over a could of days.'

'We finished watched the series, few months before the twins came to town. Damn those two kids were messed up.'

'Anyway, Revy seemed to see something she liked in Spike. Not that I was jealous. No reason to be jealous of a dead man. But, I am not sure if it was Spike's past, his fighting style. Which he sometimes used two guns at once. His personality. Or, his piloting skills. Though, she saw something in him that she liked...'

'Wait a minute... That brings back other memories... At the beginning of the Greenback Jane arc... I saw in the anime version... Our version... When Revy and Eda were comparing guns that Jesus would have, Revy mentioned a Jericho nine forty-one semi-automatic pistol. That is the weapon of choice that Spike used in Cowboy Bebop... Hahaha... I think I may have inadvertently figured out an injoke to my own series. This is wild.'

'And that is why Revy liked the Cowboy Bebop series. She saw something similar in herself. Though, she did not realize it at the time, her character creation was partly inspired by Spike, from Cowboy Bebop.'

'Still, I don't like to think of friends, nor myself, this way. Doing so, would likely only lead to madness.'

'And back to the matter at hand. Besides finding out what Bob knows. The other big question is. So, should I check up on Chang? Only Bob, Rico, Akira, I guess River, and I, know that Chang is here, with the Serenity crew.'

'On second thought, that would probably be a bad idea... Let Chang, or should I say, Daiyu, stew at at that ship's janitor, for a little while long. Until, I decide what to do about her. Or, I might decide not to do anything at all.

'Give the way, I was told, that Bob stated it. Among that crew, only River knows that Daiyu is Chang. If I show up, Mal and the others would ask questions. No matter what I did, or said, it would stir up a hornets nest that would be counterproductive.

'We brought that crew to this reality, so they would have a second chance. Which they clearly have been doing a good job of saying out of trouble... Wait a minute, it was River that was one of the first people to suggest we head to this reality... It is possible, she knew where Chang was all along, and she wanted him for herself. So, she did not tell us.'

'That would be just typical for a supergenius like River. And there is not much I can do about it now. And it is not worth confronting River about.'

'And if having Chang as her bitch, makes River happy. More power to her. Given what she has been through, River needs all the happiness and support she can get.'

'Also, from what Bob said, Chang is out of the way, and that is all that matters.'

'And even thought River that suggested the Serenity crew be sent to this reality. My friends and I did not give them any reality technology. We did not trust any of them with the reality technology. So, Chang is stuck here, for the time being.'

'Though, I wonder. Now that I think about it. This reality was a good place for them, to begin a second start at life. It works well for them on several levels. From cultural mix, to languages, to their time of action of level of technology. This place works for them. And they seemed to have thrived here.'

'Still, I am here to check up on what Bob did in this reality. Not what River, Chang, nor the others have done. From what I have seen, the Serenity crew has been mostly be doing bounty hunting, and shipping legit goods. While they are making a good living, at doing both. It is better than robbing banks and smuggling.'

'And about Bob. He could be trouble. And he could get himself into trouble. Also, I am mildly annoyed by Rico giving Bob a brief explanation on what happened to her, and us. But, I can understand why she did so. Bob is clearly to sharp for Rico to just pretend that she is her own sister, in front of Bob.'

'So, Rico had to give Bob an explanation of what has happened. And fortuneally, Bob clearly kept his mouth shut, on the matter for two years. So, he can be trusted to keep secrets.'

'Still, I intend to talk to Rico, and later, talk to Bob, on the matter. Then, I will decide what to do with him. But, whatever it is, it won't be to bad for him.'

'Now, to find out what Bob found out. By visiting Jayray's. Where Bob got his laptop, with that fictional library on it. The locals said that the Jayray's store that Bob mentioned, it straight ahead. But, I wonder.'

She then looked around, and she saw the store sign on the top of the pole, a block down down the street, on the same side as her. She mentally reflected, 'I guess they were right. There is it.'

Rock the continued walking down the street, to Jayray's.

Ten minutes later, as Rock was almost to the store, she noticed a few men, and one, or two, women, that walked passed her, on the sidewalk, look at her. Though, none of these people said, nor did anything to her, as they just continued walking away from her.

Rock continued to make her way down the sidewalk, as she thought, 'I don't want anyone to notice me, any more than they already are, from being a sexy woman, with decent sized breasts.”

As Rock continued to walk, she looked down at her breasts, that slightly jigged, in her bra, as she walked. She looked back in front of her, as she continued her thoughts, 'Damn. I am not crazy about these things. Still, I had breast reduction surgery to make them a more smaller, manageable size. And doing so seems to have worked for me.'

'Though, Benny has the opposite problem. As a girl, she has small breasts, but the pregnancy did up hers by a breast size by a cup size. A gender bender cannot get a breast implants, because, in theory, they show up on the male form, as well. That is, in theory. None of us are crazy enough to find out in person.'

'Though, I was pleasantly surprised to find my breast reduction did not show any effects on my male form, when I used packets of spring of drown man in myself.'

'Still, raising kids has been fun. But, that is a matter to think about for another time. I have a job to do, now.'

Rock then stood at the front entrance to the Jayray's Electronics store, as she looked up at the sign to Jayray's above her.

Rock thought, 'Time to get to work.'

Rock then looked in front of her, as she walked to the double-doors, which automatically slid open for her. And they closed, a few seconds after she entered the building.

Once Rock was inside of the store looked around, and she saw the customer service desk, which near the entrance and exit to the store, to Rock's left side.

Rock also saw that there were not customers near the customer service desk, with two employees, in story uniforms, standing behind the counter, as the service desk.

Rock turned to her left, as she headed towards the service desk, as a casual past.

When Rock reached the desk, she came to a stop, in front of the counter. The sales representative manning the desk, that was nearest to Rock, turned to look at her.

The female employee asked Rock, in english, “How may I help you ma'am?”

Rock looked at the women, as she thought, 'It is nice to get a chance to practice my conversational and negotiation skills, again. It has been a while.'

Rock responded, in a polite tone of voice, “Yes. A week ago, a friend of mine bought a laptop computer here. And he just won't stop talking about how happy he is with it. Along with the customer service he received while buying it. So, I decided to find out what all the fuss was about. I was wondering, would it because if I talked to the same sales clerk as he did. I believe her name is Judy.”

The representative replied, “We would be more than happy to accommodate you. I believe Judy is on shift right now. Just give us a moment to page her.”

The representative then used the store's speaker system to say, “Paging Judy. Paging Judy. Please, come to the service desk.”

A minute later, Rock watched as a teenage girl, in a store uniform, walk up the service desk beside her.

The teenage girl then turned to the representative Rock had talked to, as she asked, in english, “Yes. What do you need?”

The representative looked at Judy. She gestured over at Rock, as she answered, “Judy. This lady, would to talk to you about a sale you made last week.”

Judy replied, “Okay.” She then turned to Rock, as she said, “Hello. I am Judy. How can I be of help to you?”

Rock turned to Judy, as she stated, “Hello Judy. I was told by a teenager man that I know, that you were a wonderful sales clerk. And that was helpful with him finding what he needed for a laptop. He was here a week ago. He was a caucasian teenage boy, with black hair. He came here last Tuesday.”

Judy answered, “I remember him. Nice guy. He came in with two older adults.”

Rock inquired, “He did?”

Judy replied, “Yes. An older caucasian man, with black hair and a bushy black beard. I remember him because he was wearing a brown long coat. The other person was a caucasian woman with brown hair. She wore a light brown cloth jacket. They bought him a top of the line laptop computer.”

Rock thought, 'I wonder why Bob did not mention them. Nor, that they bought the computer for him. He is withholding information from Rico. This is not a good sign.'

Rock requested, “Before we talk business. Would you please show me to the computer section?”

Judy smiled, as she responded, “Right this way.” She then turned and started walking further into the store.

Rock followed Judy for half a minute, until they reached the computer section of the store, and Rock saw a set of shelves lined with laptop computers.

Judy came to a stop by the shelves, as she turned to look back at Rock.

Rock stopped five feet from Judy, as she faced the younger woman.

Judy used her right hand to pointed at one of laptop computers a shelf. While still pointing at the laptop, Judy looked back at Rock, as she stated, “This was the model that you friend bought.” She then dropped her right hand back to her side.

Rock walked over to the set of shelves. She stood in front of the laptop that Judy had pointed out. Rock then read the system little red piece of paper on the side of the shelf, below the laptop. With the white lettering on it being in english. The piece of paper stated technical specs for the laptop.

While Rock read the specs, she whistled in astonishment, as she thought, 'I have been around computers long enough to know a very powerful computer system. And this is only a consumer level computer.'

Nearby, Judy smiled at Rock's reaction.

Rock continued to look at the specs sheet and the laptop, as she mentally reflected, 'When Judy said top of the line, she meant it. Janet and Benny both would each have an orgasm as seeing the system specs to these computers. It might be worth bringing those two here, just to see them do that.'

'Still, I think they would like to get their hands on this level of technology. If I am right about the gold to woolong exchange rate. Which I checked out when I first brought the Serenity crew here. These computers are not that expensive. Though, there is one another matter that I need to ask about it.'

Rock turned to Judy, as she inquired, “I was wondering. I would like to see an example of the deluxe package already installed, on a computer. So, I know what I am shopping for. Before I consider purchasing a computer. Do you have a computer here with the deluxe package already on it, that I could look at?”

Judy continued to smile, as she answered, “We sure do. Right this way.”

A few seconds later, Judy lead Rock to a small desk with a computer tower, monitor, keyboard, and computer mouse place on top of the desk.

Judy offered, “Sit down a have a look.”

Rock sat down in the desk chair. She then used the mouse to pull up the computer folders on the monitor.

Seconds later, she found the deluxe package. She paged through the sub-folders for about a minute, before going back and opening the guide program.

As she looked through the list of series including in the deluxe package, many of which she recognized, including her own series, her thoughts became grimmer and grimmer.

Rock thought, 'This is bad. This is very bad. A virtual unknown fanboy. Whom has decent survival skills. Now has access to this amount information about us, and others. Whom has traveled the multiverse, and clearly wants to continue to do so.”

“And this deluxe package could be used as a guide of the multiverse. And I am sure Bob already realizes this. The only series I don't see on here is the Cowboy Bebop series, because this is the Cowboy Bebop reality. But, I remember Rico telling me once that Bob owns a copy of that series, as well. So, he even has that covered.'

'For good or bad. Bob is a wildcard. A wildcard we need to have a talk with. Because, he could be real trouble for us, even if he doesn't mean too be trouble for us. Even if he only meant well, if one of our enemies got a hold of him. Or, just another unknown got a hold of him, and learned what he knew. That information would put my family, my friends, and myself in danger...'

'Yes, we need to have a long chat with this man. I need to contact Rico and set up an appointment. I think a week from the time I last visited her would be best. That was a Friday. That is the end of the week, a good night to talk and unwind.

I will even use the opportunity, to talk to Rico about tell Bob about us, behind our back. And with luck, we won't have to kill Bob. Or, brainwash, or even process him. I dislike brainwashing. I hate killing. And I loath vat processing. But, in order to protect my family and friends, I will do so, if I have no other choice.'

Rock got up from her chair. She turned to Judy, as she said, “Thank you, Judy. I will likely be returning here sometime, with some friends, to purchase a few of the laptop models, that you pointed out to me.”

Judy grinned at Rock, as she happily responded, “We look forward to your return.”

Rock then turned and started walking towards the front exit to the electronics store.

While Rock walked, she started thinking of her plans for the situation, 'Okay. I will keep my plans simple, on this. That way, there is less chance of something screwing up.'

'I have got to get back to Akira's reality, and talk to Rico. Afterward, I need to talk to Bob. I remember him from that night, which was only less than a week ago for Revy and I, as well.'

'Given what Rico has already told Bob. And what Bob likely has learned on his own. And I am sure, since Revy was there, Bob was able to put two and two together, and realize I was Rock. And that I was Rock from two years ago. While still a man. When I first met him, and bought the Black Lagoon series on anime and manga formats.'

'Also, if Bob is half as good as I think he is, he could be a handful, if I faced him alone.'

'One does not survive crossing Mal, the Serenity crew, and Chang, without having some survival skills. If he does not cooperate, I may need some muscle to do this. But, not overkill. So, Revy is out. I think I will look to someone more local for the job.'

'It will take time to set this up. So, as I thought. Friday, Rico's time, is still the best date to do this. It will give me a few days to organize things. And I love planning ahead.'

After Rock exited the store, she ducked back into a nearby alleyway. She then looked around her and no one. Next, she knelt behind a large dumpster, to avoid any outdoor store cameras that might be recording her. After which, she pulled out her small reality device from one of her front pants pocket.

Rock thought of the place and time she wanted to go in the multiverse. While holding these thoughts, she used the device to jump realities, to her destination. She disappeared from the Cowboy Bebop reality, as she instantly teleported to another reality, place, and time.

(_)

Akira's Reality, Aspen Colorado.

Since Bob had returned to work, the Monday, after the big adventure he had returned from Friday, the next few days went by fast for Bob.

When Bob was now working, he spent as time with Ed, as much as he could. And they had a great time together.

On Tuesday afternoon, after Bob got off work, Bob showed Ed around town, in his car. Ed enjoyed the sightseeing.

Wednesday evening Bob, his family, and Ed were eating supper at Bob's family home.

In the dining room of Bob's family home, Bob, Ed, his parents, and Bob's two younger siblings sat around a large, circular table.

Bob and Ed sitting beside each other, with Bob to Ed's left side.

They were having home cooked hamburgers and french fries, with lemonade to drink.

Along with the plates for the hamburgers and french fries, and the pitcher of lemonade, there was sliced bread, sliced cheddar cheese, ketchup, mustard, mayo, fresh pealed lettuce, sliced ripe tomatoes, and other condiments were also places on the table.

Given Bob's parents were good cooks, Ed enjoyed both the food, and the company she was with.

And Ed, Bob, and Bob's family, were having a wonderfully pleasant conversation during dinner.

As the conversation continued, Ed whispered into Bob's right ear, “Bob's parents are nice.”

Bob smiled, as he softly replied, “Thank you, Ed.”

Bob's father turned to Ed, as he asked, “So, Ed, have you been enjoying your stay in Aspen?”

Ed looked at Bob's father, as she warmly grinned at him. She happily answered, “I think it is great. Clean air. Clean mountains. No craters.”

Bob did not show it on the outside, as he thought, with worry, 'Ah oh. My parents might as about the, craters, comment. Fortunately, I already have a cover story on that matter.'

Bob lied, “She is from a volcanic region.”

Bob's mother comment, “I doubt you are from Iceland. I take it you are Hawaiian? That would explain the tanned skin and redhead?”

Ed said, “Something like that.”

Bob thought, 'Good. Ed is going along with my lie. I don't like lying to my parents. But, the truth is far more unbelievable. And since I need to change the subject, I might as well ask my parents about this matter, now. I cannot thing of another chance to ask about this topic.”

Bob asked, “Mom. Dad. I was wondering. Are there any really strange people in our family tree? I am talking about grandparents, or great-grandparents, or great-great-grandparents.”

Bob's mother answered, “A couple of relatives come to mind. One from each side of the family.”

Bob thought, 'Pay dirt.' He inquired, “Who?”

Bob's mother answered, “One of my great-grandmothers claimed to be an alien. Crazy thing is, I think she is still alive. And I did see her once. When I was a child. At the time, she did not look that old.”

Bob's father stated, “And Bob, your mother is not the only one with an oddball in the family. One of my great-grandfathers was from the pacific. He was a crossdresser. Though, I have pictures of when he went as man, and as a woman. He honestly pulled off looking like a woman quite well.”

“And from pictures take of my great-grandfather, both in men's clothing, and women's clothing, is hard to tell that the pictures are the same person. But, my grandparents did confirm the to me, that two people in the pictures I saw, are the same person.”

Bob's young sister and brother both laughed, for a few seconds, at learning about the more stranger members of their family tree.

Meanwhile, Bob was mildly annoyed, as he thought, 'And my parents were worried because Rico dated women, as a woman...' He then calmed down a little, as he continued his thoughts, 'Still, I think I just found out the two aliens species in my family tree. The question is what are they? I will have to find out, later. Still, I do wonder about those pictures.'

Bob requested, “Do you still have pictures of those two relatives?”

Bob's mother answered, “Yes. But, they are packed up in boxes.”

Bob's father offered, “We could dig them out. If you want?”

Bob responded, “Nah. Don't worry about it.” He thought, 'I would likely take hours to find those pictures. If we find them at all. And that would ruin my day with Ed and my family. As such, I will deal with the matter, later.'

Ed playfully commented, “Bob's family tree is weird.”

Bob counter, “Ed, I know what you father does for a living. Glass houses, Ed. Glass houses.”

Ed replied, “Ed retracts previous statement.”

Bob's mother asked, “What does you father to for a living, Ed?”

Bob answered for Ed, “He is a cartographer.”

Ed agreed, “Yes. Daddy is a mapmaker.”

Bob's father questioned, “So, how did you two meet?”

Ed answered, “The internet.”

Bob thought, 'She plays this game just as well as I do.'

Bob said, “We met on an internet forum. We found we had some similar interests. And it went from there.”

Bob's father commented, “That is usually how it happens. Though, it is usually a case of meeting the individual in person, first. But, whatever works.”

Bob replied, “I am glad you think so, dad.”

Bob, Ed, and Bob's family spent the rest of the dinner eating, and making light conversation, that everyone at their table enjoyed.

(_)

A few of hours later, Ed was ready to head back to the hotel.

After Bob parked his car in the hotel parking lot, he walked with her to the front entrance of the hotel lobby.

As they walked, Bob thought, 'I might as well ask her now. This is likely be best chance I am going to get.'

When they reached the front entrance, Bob came to a stop, as he turned to look at her.

A second later, Ed noticed this and stopped as as well, as she looked at him.

Bob politely requested, “Ed. I won't be upset if you say, no. So, there is no pressure on you. But, would you like to go out to dinner to a nice restaurant, Friday night?”

Ed asked, “Is Bob asking Ed out on a date?”

Bob replied, “Yes.”

Ed smiled, as she happily responded, “Sure, Bob. Ed would love to have something to eat. Should Ed wear something nice?”

Bob carefully answered, “That is up to you. But, preferable, yes.”

Ed said, “Then, Ed will. Goodnight, Bob.” She then took a few steps closer to Bob. Next, she stood on her tiptoes, so she could give Bob a quick kiss on his lips.

This caught Bob by surprise, but he did not react, as Ed swiftly broke their kiss, turned, and ran into the hotel.

Bob just stood there for a few seconds, looking in the direction that Ed went. He then smiled, as he turned back towards his car in the parking lot.

While he walked, he did a little dance, as he exclaimed, “Yes!”

(_)

The next two days went fast for Bob. At work, Rico mostly left him alone, to do his job. With Bob noticing that Rico was acting she was waiting for something. But, Bob respected Rico's privacy.

Also, with Ed in town, Bob did not talk to Rico about him quitting. He decided the conversation could way till a later date.

And when Bob was not at work, he spent most of his time with Ed.

Though, during those two days, Bob wisely only mentioned their upcoming date to Ed, once. On Friday morning. When he and Ed had breakfast, at a restaurant. With Bob paying for it. Ed even thanks Bob for reminding her.

And Bob did not mention his date with Ed, to anyone else. Because Bob rightly felt that it was none of their business.

On Friday evening, hours after Bob got off of work, he was at currently home, in his second story bedroom, getting ready for the first date of his life. And he felt like he was on top of the world.

Bob was very happy.

That evening, Bob had already gotten off the phone with Ed at her hotel suite. They had agreed on the time for him to pick her up at. The next call Bob had placed, was to a local restaurant he knew that was very nice, but not insanely expensive.

Fortunately, the restaurant in question was not very busy that night, and Bob was able to reserve a seat with them fifteen minutes after he would pick up Ed.

And if something happened at the restaurant, Bob knew the people that worked there. They were are not a snobbish, and very understanding. As long as the customer called ahead, to let them know if there were any problem on meeting their reservation appointments.

After Bob finished shaving his face, getting a shower, and drying off, he dressed in a tuxedo he still had, which he had wore, when he went to prom.

In his bedroom, he pulled out his wallet, while he went to a drawer. From the drawer he pulled out three condoms, in their wrappers, and put them in his wallet.

Bob put his wallet back into the pants pocket he had it in, as he thought, 'I highly doubt these items. But, it is nice to have them. Just in case. She less than a year younger then me. So, it is alright, either way. And it is always wise to play it safe in so many ways.'

By the time he was finished and ready for his day, he check his digital watch on his left wrist. He saw that he had twenty minutes left till he had picked up Ed from the hotel she was staying at.

While Bob made his way down the stairs, he thought, 'Plenty of time. Though, I might as well see goodbye to my parents before I leave.'

Bob parents were already both home from their weekday jobs. They were currently both sitting down in their living room, watching TV.

Bob walked into the living room. He then came to a stop, as he faced them.

Bob thought, 'Both my siblings are at a friends how. Which might be best, considering what I am about to tell our parents. Now, to give mom and dad the good news.' He said to them, “Mom. Dad. I am now heading out to dinner with Ed.”

Bob's comment got both their attention.

Both of his parents turned to face him, as his father asked, “As in a date?”

His mother inquired, “Is this a day, Bob?”

Bob honestly answered, “Yes. I am having a date with Ed.”

His mother stated, “Oh honey. Please, take it slowly.”

Bob replied, “I plan too.”

His mother said, “And be careful.”

Bob promised, “I will.”

His father stated, “Good luck.”

Bob said, “I love you both. See you later.”

Bob then walked turned and walked out of the room. He then walked toward the front doors to his family home. When he reached the front door, just as he was about open it, he got a call on his cellphone.

He pulled out his cellphone. He then answered it, “Hello.”

On the other end was Rico, whom said, “Bob. I need you to come in the office right now. We need to talk.”

Bob stated, “This is kind of a bad timing, boss.”

Rico asked, with concern in her tone of voice, “What is the matter?”

Bob stated, “Nothing is the matter. I have a date tonight.”

Rico inquired, with surprise in her tone of voice, “You met a girl?”

Bob answered, “Yes.”

Rico inquired, “Why didn't you tell me soon?”

Bob thought, 'Because you would have freaked out that I was seeing Ed from the Cowboy Bebop reality.'

Bob responded, “I don't tell you everything about my life. Actually, I am picking up a girl, to go out to dinner with, in literally, less than twenty minutes. And I am planning to show her how a gentlemen treats a lady. So, as you can see, I am kinda busy tonight.”

Rico stated, “I understand. But, you really need to stop by, at the store, and first talk with me.”

Bob flatly said, “Boss, this is the very first date in my entire life, with a girl whom genuinely likes me. I have never had a girl like me before. And she is so open about it. Also, she has a great, energetic personality. I am not going to blow this. So, can just tell me what you need to say, over the phone.”

Rico suggested, “Unfortunately, I cannot. So, how about you just bring her over. Our discussion will likely only take a few minutes.”

Bob responded, “Boss. I deeply respect you. But, I am not going to risk dragging this nice girl into your tangled friendships. I have been lucky to stay out of the literal crosshairs of some of your friends. I am not putting someone else in harms way.”

Rico admitted, “I can understand that.”

Bob stated, “Listen. Since you are not going going to tell me over the phone. Whatever it is. It must not be important. And it can wait till I come in, tomorrow morning. We will talk, then.”

Rico stated, in a worried tone of voice, “Bob, wait.”

Bob instead hung up his cellphone, it to sleep mode. So, no one else could disturb him and his date. And he put his cellphone back into the pocket he had it in.

Bob then opened the front door to his family's home, and exited his home. He gently closing the door behind him. And he he then walked towards his car.

A minute later, Bob was in his car, driving down the road, to pick up Ed for their date.

(_)

Meanwhile, as Bob drove to meet with Ed, at the hotel she was staying out. Inside the collector's store, the Gateway to Fantasy, in Rico's office. Rico was sitting behind her desk, as she tried a second time to redial Bob's number. Both times, the connection went to voice mail.

While Rico hung up her cellphone, she thought, 'Damn it. He turned off his cellphone. Of all nights to have a date, it has to be tonight. Now, I have to explain the situation to my guess.

As Rico put her cellphone, onto her desk, she looked over across her desk, to where Rock was sitting, in the chair to Rico's right side. Rico stated, “Bob is not coming.”

Rock asked, “What is the hold up?”

Rico stated, “Of all nights. Bob has a date tonight. He was just left to pick her up.”

Rock replied, with disappointment in her tone of voice, “That figures.”

Rico commented, “Bob also informed me that is his first date ever, in his life. And I believe him. He never had much luck when it came to relationship. And because of issue, I can understand why he blew me off. For a girl that showed him some romantic interest. And I can forgive him for doing so. Also, I know he would hate me if I wrecked his first date.”

Rock soon, in a sober tone of voice, “Well, some things must be done.”

Rico pointed out, “He is willing to come in tomorrow morning and talk. We should just wait. As long as he doesn't do something stupid, he will likely be a lot happier then. So, he will be easier to deal with, then.”

Rock countered, “While that is a good point. Unfortunately, a lot can happen overnight. I have had deals go bad before overnight. And the situation is to important, to risk waiting till tomorrow morning. So, time for plan B.” She then pulled out a cellphone, from her right front pants pocket.

Rico asked, “Plan B?”

Rock looked over at Rico, as she commented, “Yes. I always have a Plan B. And other plans, as well. In case both plan A, and plan B, fail.”

Rock held up her cellphone, as she continued, “Such as, this cellphone is a global phone, that does not need the cell tower network, nor satellites, to function, and send and receive calls. And this cellphone has a preselected set of numbers, that I already have programed into it, to call, and receive calls, from people I know, without using outside network. Including you.” She then lowered her cellphone back onto her lap.

Rico replied, “Of course.”

Rico thought, 'And I am sure that technology, in your cellphone is not native to this world. Though, that is the least of my worries. I have bad feeling about this. A real bad feeling. Like we are crossing lines we should not. But, I am already in trouble with you, Rock. So, I am not going to voice my concerns, just yet.'

Rock noticed Rico's disheartened mood, as she said, “Rico. You should feel happy that I am not upset with you telling Bob what happened to us, when you first returned to this reality.”

Rico thought, 'Still, I am going to defend myself.' She stated, “I had to tell him something. He already clearly figured out that it was Revy that kidnapped me. And I confirmed that he realized it was you, whom he help in the store, that day. Right before Revy kidnapped me. You would have eventually figured out who I was.”

Rock conceded, “Yes. You did need to tell him something.” She continued, in more serous tone of voice, “But, you should have first discussed it with us.”

Rico forced herself to remain calm, as she responded, “Rock. You are right. But, that is in the past. We need to focus on the present. What are you planning to do, when you have him?”

Rock answered, “I plan to just talk to him.”

Rico commented, in a serious tone of voice, “Do you know how many times I heard the gangsters of Roanapur, say, they were just going to talk to a person. With that person's body being fished out of a canal, a few days later.”

Rock conceded, “Point taken. I really am just going to talk to, Bob. I am not planning to hurt him. Bob has clearly kept our secrets, for two years. So, it is likely he will not talk to others about us. Unless we make an enemy of him. As such, we will convince him not to seek out more reality travel.”

Rico mentioned, “That could be difficult. That trip to the Cowboy Bebop reality changed him. He has see what is out there. And he wants more. Like when the other Lagoon members kidnapped you. And you got a taste of the thrill of living on the edge. He has got that taste, as well. And I saw craving for more adventures in his eyes. It might be too late to try to convince him to turn back.”

Rock commented, “Then, that could be a problem. But, I am sure we will work out something with him. But, no matter what, I am not going to harm him.”

Rico grumbled, “I hope so.”

Rock inquired, “So, what type of car does Bob drive? And where would he take a date too?”

Rico answered, “I know a few nice restaurants in town, that I am sure Bob could afford to take his date too. And as to his car. It has a manual transmission. And he keeps in good condition...”

Rico then told Rock what Bob's car looked like.

When Rico was finished with her explanation, she watched as Rock dialed a number on her cellphone.

Rock then held her cellphone up to her right ear.

After a few rings, the other end of the line picked up.

Rock did not wait for a reply on the other end, as she stated, in a calm tone of voice, “You three are up. Though, I need you three to do this, gently. And here is what I need three to do...”

Rock them relayed her orders to her subordinates.

(_)

Fifteen minutes later, Bob pulled up to the lobby entrance of the hotel Ed was staying at.

Bob saw Ed standing right outside, waiting for him, by the edge of the curb of the sidewalk, in front of the hotel entrance.

Ed was her was holding laptop computer in her left hand, with the computer tucked in her arm. While, held the cloth handle of her backpack, with her right hand, which she let hang downwardly, towards the sidewalk.

And Bob saw that Ed wore the dress had had help her pick out, and bought for her, a few days ago.

It was a simple, red gown reached all the way done to nearly cover her feet. With the red dress also going well with her red hair.

Also, Bob noticed that Ed had taken some time on her personal appearance. Instead of her usual wild hair style, that went in all directions. Ed had combed her hair back to look more refined, and dignified. Which on enhanced Ed's beauty, as she wore her red dress.

While Bob stopped the car, and got out, he looked at her, as he remembered the title to the Chris de Burgh song, while he thought, 'Lady in Red... And damn she is stunning when she wants to be. She even did her hair. To quote Tvtropes. She cleans up nicely. Though, I have no doubt she is wearing her tennis shoes under her dress. But, nobody is perfect.'

'And after dinner, I will talk to Ed. And see if she wants to stay long at the hotel. Or, if she wanted to make other sleeping arrangements. Though, wherever she sleeps. It will unfortunately, not be at my home. That is just asking for trouble, for both of us.'

Bob car was pointed, so the passenger side was facing Ed.

Bob looked over the hood of his car, as he happily greeted her, “Hi Ed. Ready for our date?”

Ed grinned, as she answered, “Yes, I am. You look good, Bob.”

Bob thought, 'She said, I. She clearly feels this date is as important to her, as it is to me. As such, I will do everything in my power not to blow this. I will be the perfect gentlemen. And I will start by complimenting her looks. Which she does look great in that dress.'

Bob warmly smiled at Ed, as he replied, “Thank you. And you look stunning, Ed. Let me get your things. Then, we will head out to dinner. I already got reservations, at a nice restaurant in town.”

Ed responded, “Sounds nice.”

Bob then walked around the car, and over to Ed.

Bob first took Ed's laptop computer and backpack. He then walked over to the hood of his trunk.

Bob gently set down the items, on the pavement, as he used his keys to unlock and opened his trunk. Bob then gently put the items inside the trunk, right beside his bugout bag, his personal laptop, and other items. Next, Bob closed his trunk, locked it.

After which, Bob calmly walked over to Ed, and he opened the front passenger door for her.

Ed turned and smiled at Bob. She then, got into the front passenger seat. Bob gently closed the door behind her.

Bob walked around his car, got in the driver's seat, closed the door, and he casually drove them both to the restaurant he had picked out for them.

During the trip, the two teenagers remained silent. And not because they were uncomfortable about their situation. But, they were not sure what to say, to start off their date.

Still, the trip to the restaurant was pleasant for the both of them.

(_)

Five minutes later, Bob parked his car in the parking lot right in front of the restaurant. He parked as close as possible to the entrance, without getting into trouble.

After he got out of the car, he walked around an opened the door front passenger door for Ed.

Ed got out of the car, Bob then used the interior electron lock selector, on the interior side of the door, to lock the doors of his car. Next, he gently closed the passenger door.

Ed wait for Bob. She then walked to Bob's right side, as they headed for the front doors to the restaurant.

As they approached the front double doors, they saw the doors were left open. Along with this, they noticed that the restaurant itself had several windows in front of it. Showing off the inside of the building for those outside of the restaurant.

As they walked into the restaurant, they walked up to the head waiter, behind his desk.

Bob turned to the waiter, as he said to him, “Hello. I am, Bob. I have a reservation for Bob and Ed.”

The head waiter looked at Bob and Ed. He then looked down at his reservation book. He thought, 'When the reservations said Bob and Ed. I thought it was going to be two guys. I got to admit that woman is hot.'

The head waiter looked back up at Bob. He pulled out two menus, as he stated, “Yes. Right this way to your table.” He then looked over at Ed, as he asked, “I hope you don't mine me asking. But, how did you get the name Ed?”

Ed replied, “It is a long story.”

The head waiter shrugged, as he lead them further into the restaurant, and to a small two chair table in the middle of the restaurant.

The two chairs at the table to set across from each other.

When they reached the table, Bob pulled out a chair for Ed.

After Ed sat down. Bob then walked around the table, and seated himself.

The head waiter handed each of them menu. He stated, “We hope you have a pleasant time. Your waiter will be here in a moment to take your order.” The head waiter walked away.

Ed looked over the menu, in her hands, as she asked, “What does Bob want?”

Bob set his menu onto the table, as he he looked at Ed. He stated, “Ed, I would prefer for you to pick the meal.”

Ed looked over at Bob, as she said, “Thank you, Bob.”

Bob commented, “You're welcome. But, keep in mind, in this country, we are too young to drink alcohol. So, order juice, soda, or tea. I am having some sweet tea myself.”

Ed responded, “Ed will have some juice. And, Ed thanks Bob for letting her choose. Though, this will take a few minutes.”

Bob just smiled at her, from across the small table, as he said, “Take all the time you need, Ed.”

In response, Ed warmly smiled at Bob. Bob saw her smile, and returned an equally warm smile.

A few seconds later, a waiter came to take their drink orders. The waiter then left to retrieve their drinks.

The young couple then began to talk on casual topics. With them both enjoying the company of the other.

A few minutes later, the waiter returned with their drinks, and Ed came the waiter the menu order for both of them. With Bob happy with Ed's selections.

The waiter then took the menus and then walked away to give their orders to the cooks.

The happy couple then continued talking, as they waited for their order to come. With neither individual in a hurry to do anything, that night.

(_)

Around ten minutes later, a group of three women stood across the two lane street, looking into the restaurant that Bob and Ed were located at.

They had a picture of Bob, along with the model and license plate of Bob's car.

They knew he was going on a date. That narrowed it down greatly where Bob would had gone, given they had already being to the town before, and they knew which nice restaurants were likely in Bob's budget.

They even cross-referenced the list of places that Rico had mentioned.

It took less than twenty-five minutes to find Bob car. And a few minutes look in the windows of the restaurant, to see if he was inside the nearby restaurant.

Now, they saw both Bob and Ed sitting at their table, drinking from their glasses, as they waited for their meals.

While Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira continued looking into the restaurant window, from across the street, as the couple, Natsuru asked, “Is that Ed, from Cowboy Bebop?”

Akira commented, “I believe so.”

Ranma said, “She has certainly grown since when she was shown in the Cowboy Bebop series, that you showed me.”

Akira stated, “We knew from that strange bar fight that we would eventually run into Ed. Her future self clearly knew us. But, I did not except to meet her like this. With this guy named, Bob, going out on a date with her.”

Ranma inquired, “But, with that boy? I don't get what she sees in him.”

Akira said, “Let us be honest, that boy has a lot more going for him at his age, than we did. He looked decent. He has a job. From what we were told, has a stable family life. And remember, Ed is crazy, but not violent. She is actually very nice.”

Natsuru pointed out, “This also confirms that Bob has traveled outside of this reality. And to the Cowboy Bebop reality.” Natsuru let out a deep breath. She then continued, “Let us go inside and get them both, and bring them both in for questioning. Ed is also too dangerous to let loose on an unsuspecting multiverse.”

Akira commented, “You are right. Though, it sucks we are ruining their date.”

Ranma commented, “I know. I can sympathize with them both.”

Natsuru stated, “I can, as well. And they look so happy, together. Still, let us get this over with.” She thought, 'So, I can take a shower afterward. For feeling dirty for what I am about to do.'

The other two women nodded in agreement. The three women then check both sides of the street. When the way was clear, calmly walked across the two land street, and into the restaurant.

(_)

Meanwhile, inside the restaurant, Bob was enjoying his life at the moment.

A moment later the waiter came up to them, and the waiter stood between them, as he served them their drinks. He then pulled out a small notepad and pen in his hands.

The waiter looked at the couple. As he asked, “Have you both decided what you wanted to order?”

Ed answered, “Yes. We have. We will each of an eight ounce, medium well tenderloin, with a potato, a side salad, and ranch dressing.”

The waiter wrote down the order on his notepad.

He turned back to look at Ed and Bob, as he said, “You salads will be out shortly. Though, your steaks will take a little while to cook.”

Ed replied, “That will be fine.”

The waiter then collected the two menus off the couple's table, turned around, and left to inform the cooks of their order.

Ed turned to Bob, as she asked, “What does Bob think of Ed's order?”

Bob turned to Ed, as he smiled. He happily said, “I think those are good choices.”

Ed smiled at Bob, in responded.

Bob continued to silently looked at Ed, as he pleasantly thought, 'I hope Ed is enjoying this date, as much as I am. I am on my first date. I am getting along great with the hot girl I am with. And we are waiting for our meals. Ed ordered up both steamed fish. Not my first choice, but I am not going to complained. Still, if this were a work of fiction, this is the exact moment it would all go wrong.'

At that exact moment, Bob and Ed noticed three women walk up and surround them at their table.

Bob immediately recognized two of the three women, as he mentally cursed, 'God damned it! I hate being right! That is Ranma Saotome, and Natsuru Senou. I do not know who the blond woman, in the cowgirl outfit. And Natsuru is in her kampfer uniform. And she is clearly ready for battle. While the blond woman had revolvers on her hip holsters, and I believe sheathed knives on her back. But, I cannot really tell from this angle.'

Bob continued to look at the three women, standing in front of Ed, and himself.

The woman to the left of Bob and Ed was Ranma Saotome, whom were wearing her red chinese clothing, along with two golden bracers on her forearms. The next woman, to Ranma's left side, was Natsuru in her white and black seifuku. The third woman, to Natsuru's left, Bob did not know. She was a slender, fair skinned woman, with long blond hair, whom wore a sexy, yellow cowgirl outfit, with a gunbelt holding two revolvers on the side holsters of her hips, and what looked like two handles and scabbard for a couple of sheathed long knives on her back, some sunglasses, and a cowgirl hat.

The three women looked down at Bob and Ed.

Ranma calmly stated, in english, “Bob. Ed. You are coming with us.”

Bob thought, 'Crap. They know me. And they recognize Ed, and they know my name.'

Bob looked over at Ed, as he quickly said, “Ed, stay quiet.”

Ed simply turned to Bob, and nodded once in confirmation, as she also smiled at him.

Bob saw Ed's nod and smile. He thought, 'Good. Ed is letting me handed this.' He turned back to look at the three women, as he continued his thoughts, 'Maybe I can talk them out of whatever they have planned. Or, at least delay them. And let us finish our date. Still, it does not take a genius to know how they found out about me.'

Bob looked over at Ranma's face, as he stated, “Since you know my name, I am guessing that Rico sent you.”

Natsuru stated, in english, “No. Rock did.”

Bob did not show any reaction on the outside, to Natsuru's comment. Though, Bob mentally screamed, 'Rock is interested in me?!' He forced himself to calm down, as he continued his thoughts, 'That blows my plans out of the water. And this is likely when Rico wanted me to stop by. Rock was there to talk to me. Honestly, if I had know Rock was there. I am not sure I would still have gone to that meeting. But, I would have made sure that Rock, nor her friends here, would learn that Ed here, with me.'

The blond cowgirl stated, in english, “We heard what happened to you, on Mars.”

Bob continued his thoughts, with worry, 'And they know about my little trip. This is not good at all. This is what I wanted to avoid at all costs. I need to by time.'

Meanwhile, Ed remained in the seated in the position was was in, as she looked at the three women, whom stood in front of Bob and herself. Also, none of the others around her noticed, that from under the table, Ed was used her left hand to pull something out from under her gown.

Across the table, Bob continued to look at the three women, as he requested, “Ladies. Can we please do this later? This is the very first date of my life. Truly you can appreciate the situation I am in.” He looked over at Ed, then back to the three women, as he continued, “And Ed is having a good time, as well. Could you three just cut us a break?

Ranma calmly responded, “Yes. We truly sympathize with you both. And we apologize for this. But, that not happening. We are not leaving without both of you.”

Bob suggested, “Maybe we can talk about this, after Ed and I finish our date. Ed ordered steak dinners for us. And I know they serve good steak dinners here. Also, I know the people that work here. I can probably get you three a table here, right now. If you want. I will even pay for your dinners, in exchange for you leaving us alone, during our date.”

Bob watched the three women turned to look at each other.

A few seconds later, the three women looked back at Bob, as Ranma commented, “Tempting, but No. We are leaving now. And you are coming with us. Now, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way. For the record, we all want this go the easy way.”

Meanwhile, the blond woman was looking more closely at Bob. When suddenly, she remembered something that happened years ago in her life, as she stated, “Wait a minute, Bob. I know you.”

Bob quickly interrupted her, “We have never met before in my life. I would remember meeting a hot blond like you.”

The blond woman stated, “Thank you. But, we have met before. You stole their car...”

Bob spoke up, “Hold it. I never stole a car before.”

The blond continued, “And Ed must have been the woman with you. Along with you both being with...”

Ed yelled, “Enough!” She then threw a smoke bomb down between the her table, and the three standing women.

As the smoke bomb went off, it caught the three women that were standing by surprise.

Ed immediately bolted from her seat, away from the three women, as she grabbed Bob by his right wrist.

Bob realized was was going on, as well. As he quickly got up, and he allowed Ed to guide them out of the smoke, and into the outside air.

As Ed continued to drag Bob towards Bob's car, she ordered, “Bob get car unlocked and driving. We have to get away now.”

Ed then let go of Bob's wrist.

While they ran towards Bob's car, Bob pulled out his car keys. Ee replied, “Amen, Ed. Amen.”

Bob when they reached the car, Bob immediately ran around the car, to the driver's seat. He then quickly unlocked the driver's side door, and opened the door. Next, he used the electronic lock selector, on the interior side of the door, to unlock Ed's door.

Bob got into the driver's seat, as Ed opened her door.

As Bob shut his door, Ed was getting into the front passenger seat, by Bob.

As Ed closed her door, Bob had inserted the key into the ignition and started the car.

Neither bothered to put on their seatbelts.

As Bob quickly backed out of their parking space, he thought, 'I hate skipping out on the bill. But, this is an emergency. Good thing, I filled this car up with a full tank of gas, earlier today.'

When Bob fully pulled out of the parking space, and his car's front was facing parking exit to the street.

Bob put the manual transmission into first gear, as he started picking up speed.

As Bob made it to the parking exit of the two lane street, he saw in his reaview mirror, the three women after them, exit the building.

By then, the smoke was already dissipating in the restaurant.

The couple barely heard the blond woman strongly state, while she pointed at their car, “We have to catch them!”

As Bob saw the way was clear for him to turn right, he entered the street, as he saw, from his rear view mirror, that blond woman, in the cowgirl outfit, had started from a dead stop to full running after him, terminator style.

After Bob fulling turned on the street, he floored his car's gas pedal.

Bob though, 'I have only seen two people in fiction do that. And both of them are bad news.'

As the car went faster, but from the rear view mirror, Bob saw that the blond had turned onto the street, behind Ed and himself. And now only was she was keeping up with the car, she was closing in on this.

By then, Ed was watching the blond woman, as well.

When the blond woman got closer to Bob's moving car, she pulled out one of her long knives with her right hand.

A next second later, she jumped towards the car, and landed on the back, while using the black of the knife to cut into the back ceiling of the car to anchor herself.

Ed turned to Bob, as she stated, “Ed has this.”

Meanwhile, Bob looked around, and he saw Ranma and Natsuru were roof hopping on opposite sides of the street, in a parallel direction where his car was going. Ranma to his left side, and Natsuru to his right side.

Bob divided his attention, between the road in front of him, and those chasing him.

Bob thought, 'This is bad. This is very bad.'

By then, Bob had gained enough speed to shift into second gear, on his manual transmission.

Fortunately, there was no one else in front of him, and there were no stop signs in front of them either. Only, traffic lights, which usually were green, from the direction of the road he was coming from.

Next to Bob, Ed rolled down her passenger side window, and pulled out a taser from under her gown.

She then partly crawled out of the car thought the window, and looked up at the blond woman.

The blond looked back at Ed, as Ed used her taser to zap her, knocking her off Bob's car.

Ed then put away her taser, and pulled out the knife, and threw it to the street, as well.

Ed then climbed back inside, and oriented herself back into the proper position in her seat. Next, she rolled up the window.

Bob looked over at Ed for a second, before turned back to look at the road in front of them, as they passed by a traffic light that had just turned yellow, but was not yet red.

Ed noticed that Bob had looked at her. She turned to Bob, as she casually said, “A girl has to protect herself.”

Bob smiled, as he kept his eyes on the road. He replied, “No argument from me.

In his rear view mirror, Bob saw that both Ranma and Natsuru jump down from the roof, towards their fallen friend.

Bob just continued driving away from them, and out of town. As he thought, 'Both Ed and I have to get out of town, until I figure out what to do next. And I need to call a couple of people, as well.'

(_)

Meanwhile, on the street, Ranma and Natsuru rushed towards Akira, whom was laying on the roof.

As they reach Akira, the blond woman leaned up, while sitting on the street.

Natsuru asked, “Are you okay?”

Akira looked up at Natsuru and Ranma, as she answered, “Yea. Nothing a long soak in a tub won't fix. Help me up, Natsuru. And Ranma, please go get my knife.”

Ranma replied, “On it.” She then walked over to get Akira's knife.

Natsuru helped Akira up, as Akira said, “We are going to have to tell Rock that we failed.”

Natsuru commented, “We can get them later. The important part is that you are alright.”

Akira responded, “I appreciate that.” She then pulled out her cellphone, from a pocket in her shorts.

She then dialed the number to Rock's cellphone number. To give Rock the bad news. While letting both her and Rico know whom Bob was currently dating.

(_)

A few minutes later, as Bob and Ed made there way out of town, in Bob's car, with Bob still driving.

By then, it was almost dark, but there was still enough illumination from twilight to see their surroundings.

Bob looked around. And he saw that he was just outside of town. He thought, this is far enough.

Bob then pulled off to the side of the road, and came to a stop.

Bob pulled out his cellphone, as he turned to Ed. He said, “Ed, I need to make a few phone calls.”

Ed turned to Bob, as she replied, “Okay.”

Bob selected his family home's phone number from his cellphone address book. He then made the phone call. Next, he held his cellphone to his right right right ear.

After a few ring, the other end picked up, Bob heard his mother's voice say, “Hello Bob.”

Bob said, “Mom, put Dad on the phone. I need to speak to both of you. It is important.”

A few seconds later, he heard his father ask on the other end of the line, “What is it son?”

Bob stated, in a sober tone of voice, “Mom. Dad. I cannot go into details right now. But, I have gotten into a lot of trouble. And I have to leave town, right now. It has to do with my own actions. Not, Ed's actions. I want you to know that I love you both. And tell sis and bro that I love them, as well.”

Bob's mother said, “We will.”

Bob's father stated, “Do what you have too, Bob.”

Bob's mother commented, “You are in our prayers. And for what it is worth, we think Ed is a good girl. And we wish you both the best.”

Bob was on the verge of tears, as he said, “Thank you. And with luck, you will both see me, soon. I love you both, goodbye.”

Bob hung up the connection, as he lowered his cellphone, to his lap, with his right hand.

Bob then quietly looked up at the ceiling of his car roof, for a few seconds.

Ed could tell that Bob's conversation with his parents deeply effected him. She remained silent.

Bob then looked back down. As he held his cellphone in his right hand, he used his left hand to roll down his driver side window.

Next, Bob turned his attention back to his cellphone, as he selected Rico's personal cellphone number, and selected the number.

Bob held his phone to his right ear.

After a few rings, Rico answered her phone.

Bob let Rico speak first. She stated, in a very concerned tone of voice, “Bob. I can guess what happened. Given I just found out after the fact that those three were sent after you. And by phone, they just told Rock and I whom you were with. You and Ed need to come to the store, right now. Before, things get worse for the both of you. I promise neither of you will be harmed. But, you need to come.”

Bob responded, in a tone of voice that was too sober and calm for the situation, “Rico, you told Rock about what I discussed with you. You violated my trust in you In other words, Rico.' He then screamed into his cellphone, with fury in his tone of voice, “I quit!”

Bob then hung up his phone, and he threw his cellphone out his driver's side window.

His cellphone fell through the air, across the road, and it landed onto the grass on the other side of the road.

Bob then used his left hand to roll up his window.

When Bob's window was all the way up, he started his car back up.

Ed asked, “Why you do that? That seems like a nice cellphone. Though, Ed fully understand why you quit.”

Bob safely pulled on to the street. The car began gaining speed, to the speed limit, as Bob stated, “Because they can track us with cellphones.”

Bob thought, 'Though, I already transferred all my data on my cellphone, to my laptop. So, that was no great lose. The only one who lost was Rico. For violating my trust. And I want her to stew for a little while, and think what she had done.'

Ed replied, “Oh.”

Bob kept his eyes on the road, as he questioned, “By the way, Ed. The blond was talking like she knew you? And you stopped her from talking.”

Ed commented, “When Sis-sis contacted me. She mentioned that would we meet people that met our future selves. And the we should know know to much about our future.”

Bob replied, “I agree.” He thought, 'That answers that question. That also means they likely know more about our future, than we do. But, I can plan around that. I just need time to think things through.'

Ed mentioned, “Still, while sis-sis did not tell Ed much about Ed's future. Between Ed and Sis-sis. Though, Sis-sis did mention a some places, and people, we need to meet. And Ed has already been working on the arrangements.”

Bob complimented, “Good work, Ed.”

Bob thought, 'I trust Ed. And her future self is clearly cares for my future self. So, I will trust her, as well. So, I will just go with Ed's plans.'

Ed smiled at Bob, as she replied, “Thank you, Bob.”

Bob commented, “Well, if you cannot trust yourself. Who can you trust?

Ed giggled, as she agreed, “True.”

Bob inquired, “So, where do are we heading to now, Ed?”

Ed responded, “Ed has already has place first in mind, that Sis-sis mentioned.”

Bob then listened to what Ed had to say. And what they needed to do. As he continued driving them out of town.

(_)

An hour later, inside Rico's store, in her office, Rico, Rock, Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru talked about the primary colors trio's failure to catch Bob and Ed.

Rico was still sitting behind her desk, while Rock sat in the chair, across her desk, to her right side. Also, the three other women were standing, across her desk, right behind the chair, to her left side.

During their cellphone conversation, an hour ago, Akira only gave Rock the highlights of what happened. The three lovers waited until they could meet with Rock and Rico, give the details of what happened, in person.

Rico was sitting behind her desk. Rock was sitting in a chair in front of Rico's desk, with, Akira sitting in the other chair, while Ranma and Natsuru stood behind them, as all four of the women face Rico.

Rico stated, in an unhappy tone of voice, “Rock, girls, you have just screwed over my friendship with one of the most genuinely nice, and loyal people, that I know of.”

Natsuru turned to Rico, as she responded, in a comforting tone of voice, “Do not worry. He will forgive you for betraying his trust. It will just take time.”

Rico turned to Natsuru, as she commented, in a slightly calmer tone of voice, “I hope so.”

Rock looked at Rico, as she commented, in a calm tone of voice, “We will work on help med your friendship with Bob, later.' She turned to the three women standing by her, as she said, “Ladies. I am not upset that you stopped your chase to check on Akira. Things happen. You will get them next time.”

Rico, along with the three women, whom were standing, turned to look at Rock.

Ranma stated, “Rock. That is why we like you being the leader of this venture. You are so understanding.”

Rock smiled at Ranma, as she said, “Thank you.”

Ranma returned Rock's smile, as she replied, “You're welcome.”

Natsuru said, “It is does not take a genius to figure out why you called us in. Instead of someone like Revy. It is because you knew we would not seriously harm Bob, nor Ed, unless we had to.”

Rock admitted “That is true. Though, we are going to have to capture both of them, now.”

Rico said, “I am both surprised and impressed that Bob somehow caught the interest of Ed. Given the date he visited the Cowboy Bebop reality, Ed has to be at least seventeen.”

Akira said, “She looked seventeen, in that red dress. Ed is no longer a child. Ed is now a woman. And she showed her genius by using that smoke bomb, she had hidden on herself, to escape us. Also, Rock. I think Bob was the guy we met years ago that stole you car in Roanapur.”

Rock inquired, “You think that was Bob?”

Akira stated, “Yes, Rock. I am almost sure that Bob is the boy we met years ago. Also, I think Ed was the girl with him.”

Rock replied, “That answers some questions. The Bob and Ed we met then are likely from the current Bob and Ed's future. Still, we need to bring them in, to talk to them.”

Akira said, “I agree. Anyone who has seen the Cowboy Bebop series knows how dangerous Ed is, when she is left to her own devices. And I have seen a taste of what Bob can do. He can be full of surprises, as well.”

Rock turned to Rico, as she asked, “Rico. Do you think either of them have a working reality device?”

Rico looked over at Rock, as she answered, “That is doubtful. They would have used it to escape from you three.”

Rico pointed at Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru, with her right hand, as she continued, “But, Ed had to get here somehow. And Bob stated he came back alone. Meaning, Ed has her own way of getting here. If she does not have a device, with her electronics skills and know-how. Along with her genius level intelligence. Given time. She will likely build a working reality device on her own.”

Rico then lowered her right hand back to the top of the desk, in front of herself.

Rock stated, “Then, we must find them both soon. Before that happens.”

Ranma inquired, “Well, that means there just one question we need to know. Where are they going to go?”

Natsuru asked, “Do you think Bob went home?”

Rico commented, “No. Bob won't risk putting his family in danger. By now, he out of town, and long gone. Also, I would no be surprised if he did not throw away his cellphone. So, we cannot track him down that way. And knowing both of them. I would guess they would go to the last place, on this planet, we would expect.”

Rock inquired, “And where do you think that would be?”

Rico replied, “At this point I am not sure.” She thought, 'Actually, I have an idea. But, after I just screwed Bob, and ruined his first date. With a nice girl. Which is what Ed is. I am not going to tell you.'

'Though, given most of my friends like warmer climates. Including you four, here. I would guess they went somewhere cold.'

The five women then continued their conversation for another half an hour, before they called it a night. With them deciding to meet in the morning, to figure out what to do next, to track down and capture Bob and Ed.

(_)

Two days later, outside an airport, in Moscow, Russia.

Given Ed's hacking abilities, she had not problems using her laptop, to charter a private jet to take then to Moscow.

And while Bob did have a passport. He did not want to leave a trail for those after him to follow. And Ed had a solution for both of them, to their documents and records problems.

Ed created some fake IDs and passports, that including background computer recordings, she successfully created in a few different computer servers, without getting caught.

Ed and Bob soon found that the records and documents she had created worked without a problem, at customs.

Along with those fake documents and records, Ed even made some fake debit cards, with hacked bank accounts.

The bought some winter clothing, and a few other items, a few hours before they boarded the private jet, that took them to Moscow.

Presently, it was an unusually cold morning outside the airport, for that time of year, in spring, as Bob and Ed wore some winter clothing. But, they still shivered from the cold air hitting their faces.

Bob had his gym bag slung over his right shoulder, while Ed carried her backpack, with her clothing and laptop in it, over her left shoulder.

Both of their bags were felled up with the clothing they had, and what they bought. Along, with a few other items. And they barely made it all fit into those bags. But, they did.

Bob looked at Ed, as he asked her, “Ed, what are we doing here? Besides freezing.”

Ed turned to Bob, as she stated, “Learning. Just trust me, Ed. Ed learned mean things from Sis-sis. This is one of them.”

Bob thought, 'So, future Ed, told past Ed, that I would learn some things here. Now, that I think about it. I should ask her about the details to this matter. But, Ed already said she did not know much about our future. And I believe her. Still, Ed does know where we are heading. So, I would like know that, as well.”

Bob questioned, “So, where did your future self tell us where to go?”

Ed grinned at Bob, as she said, “Sis-sis wants us to go to a town in Siberia. To meet your teacher. Whom will teach you to fight. And toughen you up.”

Bob deadpanned, “Just great. More cold weather.” He thought, 'I just had to ask.'

Ed responded, in a supportive tone of voice, “Ed sympathizes. Winter is not one of Ed's favorite seasons. But, we must continued on course.”

Bob shivered, as he said, “That we will, Ed. We will just have to get use to the cold.”

Ed shivered, as she stated, “Ed hopes that is the case.”

Bob agreed, “So, do I, Ed. So, do I.” He thought, Still, I wonder who is in Siberia, that could teach me how to fight. I guess I am going to find out.'

The couple then started making preparations to head for Siberia.

To Be Continued.

(_)

Author's Notes:

When is comes to Ed and Bob's relationship, I have been developing their relationship slowing. So, their relationship is more fluid, and natural. But, without their relationship drag. I believe I have reached a good balance on this subject.

On a related subject, one of the things I am doing with book three, is asking the question. What would a fanboy do, if he was both a gentleman, and a diehard fan?

To that end, Bob realizes the luck he has of Ed entering his life. And he is going to treat her right.

Though, being a fan, he is going to do other things. Like make fan made interviews with some of the people he is a fan of.

He also has a bit of greedy side. I wanted to show that he could have followed the same path as Chang did, on being corrupted by the profit potential that the multiverse had, and beginning to treat people from other realities, as just fiction characters.

Though, Rico set him straight, before those issues became a problem for Bob.

Still, Rico told Rock about what Bob told her in confidence. And Bob is upset about that. Mainly because Rock and her friends ruins his very first date.

And so, this kicks off the adventure that Bob and Ed will be having.

Also, on Rock. Yes. Rock gave a breast reduction. Top a few cups smaller. The breasts Rock had from the Boys and Girls were large, gag boobs.

And even thought I gave Rock that form in Book Two. The joke is over. And I had Rock get a breast reduction to a breast size that better fit her slender female form, without her breasts being a pain for her to deal with.

Also, I did this, without is effecting Rock male form. So, Rock can turn back into a man, with the instant man powder, without a problem.

And I think I might be one of the first writers. If not the first writer. To give a gender bender large boobs at first, and then give that person a breast reduction, in their female form, later on.

Though, I also fix Benny's female form, and gave her slightly large breasts, to fix the lack of cleavage her female form had. And I did it in a way that did not effect the male form she can change into.

Speaking of Rock. Some of you might remember, when I said in previous author's notes, that I planned to have some of the same characters in my books be heroes in one book, and villains in another book.

I was not joking.

So far, in this, 'Anthology Of Insanity'. In Book One, Rock was a side character. In Book Two, Rock was the main hero. Now, in Book Three, Rock is the big bad villain. And all without drastically altering Rock's personality.

While, I radically changed Rock's body, and gender. I only did minor alterations to Rock's personality. And those alterations were only put in to keep Rock generally the same person, and not be bothered by being turned into a woman.

It is a mark of skill for a writer to not have to drastically alter a character's personality, to fit a given scenario. But, instead, to arrange and fit a given scenario, to where a character will act the way the story needs that character to ask. With the proper reasons given. Without altering the character's personality.

In this case, Rock is after Bob, because she believes that become Bob is an unknown wildcard, he might inadvertently present a future threat to her family and friends.

Which, given Rock's personality, this is a completely understandable reaction. And to that end, Rock has not gone overboard on trying to find Bob. And now Ed. And instead, she and her friends are currently being careful.

Though, I did pointed out that Rock is will to go further, if she needs to. Though, she clearly does not like, nor want to go further, if she does not have too.

This is why I like to write my stories, if gives me plenty of room, to work out the situations, to fit the characters. That way, the story flows better.

I have gotten to where I can put characters into almost any situation, imaginable.
And even given the characters' individual personalities. I can still create the reasons, and scenarios, where they would make the choices I want them to make, while them still being the same character they were.

That is, unless I want that character to grow. And even then, I usually prefer to have characters' personalities develop and grow in subtle ways.

Just some food for thought.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
25 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos