Magic of the Kingdom - 10 - One Ending is a New Beginning

Printer-friendly version
Magic-Kingdom-title.jpg

Josh Peterson has just scored the job of a lifetime - or at least the best job he can hope for without leaning on his parents for references - as a janitor at The Magic Kingdom, but when fate intervenes and he finds himself alone with the costume of his favorite Pixie Hollow character, his life takes a whole new turn.


Sarah looked around the hallway from their dressing room exit. “I feel naked,” she whined in SIlvermist’s voice, closing the door again

“What kind of water fairy is afraid of a bikini?” Jade teased her in Iridessa's voice, but then added, “I know how you feel. I haven’t worn a swimsuit since I was twelve.”

Tinkerbell giggled. “You girls look flitterific. Seriously you’re worrying about nothing.”

“You’ll be fine!” Vanessa said as she emerged from a side bathroom. “You remembered to use waterproof makeup right?” she asked, and then giggled, “Because I almost forgot.”

“Yup, Tink did mine.” Silvermist nodded.

“Working on it,” Morgan called from one of the makeup stations. She paused to apply her waterproof lipstick then spoke in Vidia’s voice. “I know I’m supposed to be a fast flying fairy, but you can’t rush perfection.”

Tinkerbell broke into song, “You’re so vain, you think this song’s about you..”

“Hey!” Vidia called. “It’s that song someone wrote about me!”

Silvermist giggled, “I Think it was written before you were born Vidia.”

“I dunno, the timeline on Pixie Hollow’s pretty murky. I’m still trying to figure out if we came before or after the Lost Boys. We came before Hook for sure.”

“Weren’t we all there when you were born?” Silvermist asked glancing at Tink..

“That depends on what origins you go by.” Tinkerbell grinned.

“See,” Vidia laughed as she stood. “That’s what I mean. It’s all so murky. It doesn’t help that in the Tinkerbell story,” she used the word ‘story’ just like they did in-character when working with guests, “All the talent fairies look like clones.”

Gennine laughed, “Tinkerbell was originally created by Peter Pan’s first laugh. And the other fairies are deliberately ambiguous to show the focus on Tinkerbell, who looks absolutely nothing like the other Tinkers.”

“Hi Fairy Mary,” Silvermist bubbled. “Thanks for approving this water park day. This is going to be so much fun.”

“No problem. The props and wardrobe department had a field day, making appropriate swim wear and then attaching the wings to they wouldn’t come off.” Gennine laughed. “The only project I think they enjoyed more was making the functional Mickey Mouse scuba suit.”

Periwinkle emerged in an Asymmetrical one piece swimsuit. Her right arm, which bore all her tattoos, was covered in a sleeve even despite the waterproof makeup, with the other shoulder and arm were bare. “I love mine,” Kelly giggled out. “It’s so Peri!”

“Yeah well you didn’t get stuck with a cutesy two piece.” Silvermist sighed.

“Next time, get yourself inked,” Peri winked. “But I’m thinking of maybe having some of mine removed.”

Alice came out wearing a darling one piece swimsuit herself, in Alice blue, and poked Periwinkle in the stomach. “Don’t you dare have any of those removed.” she said matter of factly.

“Beats wearing ten pounds of makeup on my arm every day,” Peri sighed. “I love my ink, - they’re traditional Celtic art - but I love my job more.”

Alice giggled and hugged her., “Well we all love your tattoos, and did I hear someone out here singing my song earlier?” she asked as someone knocked on the dressing room door.

“It’s me, Annie,” she called through the door.

“We’re all decent, except Vidia, she looks like the Evil queen right now.” Silvermist called back.

“I’m working on it!” Vidia said in her best agitated Vidia voice, trying not to giggle as Annie came in, carrying a large box.

“20 pounds of makeup later, and she’ll still not be ready.” Tinkerbell sighed. “Ooh, what’s in the box? Is it a lost thing?”

Annie giggled. “Better. Oh, Alice, good you’re here too!” she said excitedly. “That means I’ll just have to track down the Hatter later,” she said as Gennine helped her carry the unassuming-looking cardboard box to a prop table. She turned to the girls and grinned.

“Gather around, my pretties, for I have a tale of wonder to tell. It begins with a baby’s laugh...”

The girls all watched excitedly. Even Sarah hadn’t seen what her sister had been working on all this time. Annie reached into the box, and produced a porcelain, hand-painted statue of Tinkerbell at her table, hammering away at a whatcha-ma-call-it. “A rare talent indeed,” she said, presenting the figurine to Tinkerbell.

All the girls gasped. “That’s so beautiful,” Carol - Fawn - bubbled.

“But Tinkerbell soon found she had friends in her new home,” Annie said in her best storyteller voice. She produced another statue, this one of Rosetta hovering daintily over a flower with one hand on the petal, coaxing it to open. “Rosetta, garden fairy who brought the spring wildflowers to the mainland.” She handed the statue to Rosetta. The girls all gasped again at the beauty of the statue.

Annie giggled. She had put hours of work into sculpting and hand painting these, and she was thoroughly enjoying the art exhibition. “Silvermist,” she said as she produced a statue of Silvermist, sitting on the edge of a large purple top hat, with a bamboo fishing rod in her hands, “Water fairy who had to go fishing for Tink’s don’t drops.”

Alice giggled, “Oh my gosh the cute little pixie stole the hatter’s hat!”

The short stories behind each statue - Fawn, playing with an adorable baby skunk twice her size, Iridessa, who taught Tink not to take light so lightly, gathering light in a lightcatcher just like the prop that had been made for her life-sized self, and Periwinkle, holding the Periwinkle blossom Tinkerbell had given her. She saved Vidia’s for last.

“Vidia I had the most trouble with because her talent, fast flying, is hard to capture in just one perfect moment, but I think I found it,” she said, taking out a statue of Vidia, her arms wide, and a tornado of pollen at her feet, no doubt moments before Tink interrupted her in the story. She presented the statue to Morgan.

“This is beautiful,” Morgan said, blushing as she hugged Annie. “It looks just like me - before Tink made me spray pollen everywhere,” she joked. “I love it.”

“But our story doesn’t end there,” Annie said, trying not to giggle. “For you see, on the Mainland, Tinkerbell and her friends - and sister,” she added, grinning at Peri, “Found new adventures, and new friends. A London-born girl of high society, who took a trip down a rabbit hole,” she produced a statue of Alice, sitting on a mushroom with her dress puffed out about her, her legs lost in a mountain of petticoats underneath. She handed the statue of Alice to Christina.

“And a Mad Hatter,” she said, taking out the last statue - a perfect likeness of the Hatter in his orange coat, green tie and 10/6 purple hat, sipping a cup of tea that had been sliced in half long ways. “Silvermist borrowed his second best hat,” she added with a wink as she placed it on the table. “I’ve been working on these every chance I could get.”

Tinkerbell looked at Silvermist and put her hands on her hips, “You never said your sister was more talented than Walt Disney.” she teased.

Everyone laughed as Sil shook her head. “Honestly, I had no idea she was working on these. She wouldn’t let me near the studio,” she giggled softly. “These are simply darling.”

Alice smiled brightly. “We should call the Hatter in to get his.” She then called out, “Mr. Hatter!”

Hearing his cue, the Hatter emerged from an adjoining door dressed in an orange and white striped swimsuit that looked positively right out of the late 1800s, complete with trademark purple hat atop his head. “Did someone call my name? Say!” he said as he took big, animated steps.

“That looks like you!” he said, pausing to catch himself, as he very nearly broke character for the first time. “And that looks just like me! I’ve been copied and shrunk!” he gasped.

“Did you see your hat Mr. Hatter?” Alice asked. “Your Pixie friend borrowed your good one again.”

Hatter tilted his head as he looked down at Silvermist’s statue appraisingly, and without missing a beat, he half-mad laughed. “Oh no, that’s only my second best hat. Besides, she had a lot of don’t drops to fish up,” he said, winking at Annie, who giggled as she picked up his statue to offer it to him.

“I’d like you all to have these. I brought them by early so you wouldn’t have to carry them around for very long.”

“Thanks Annie,” Iridessa said, giving her a tight hug. She was almost in tears. “This is so beautiful. You’re the real special talent here,” she said, as the girls, and even the Hatter, gave her a hug next, thanking her for the beautiful gifts.

~oOo~

The girls had spent the better part of the morning at one of WDW’s many water parks, cooling off in the hot summer sun. Silvermist was holding a little girl’s hand who was scared of going in the water. It was only a small in-ground wading pool, however, and Silvermist stepped in first and sat down, letting the cool water partly wash over her legs as she smiled up at the girl.

“See sweetie, there’s nothing to it.”

The girl looked nervously at Silvermist. “But you’re a water fairy...” she said shyly. Silvermist giggled.

“Exactly. Who better to trust with water?” she asked. The little girl’s mom watched and smiled approvingly from the side of the pool.

The girl’s eyes lit up at that, and she jumped into the pool. It was shallow of course, barely a foot and a half deep if that, but the splash was enough to re-moisten Silvermist’s hair, causing her to laugh too.

“See, nothing to be afraid of at all huh?”

“Wooooooooohoohoohoohoo!” Tinkerbell squealed as, at the large pool over, she rode down a waterslide with an older girl just in front of her. Megan laughed, bringing the mother of the little girl Silvermist was helping a tall glass of iced tea.

“Thank you so much sweetie,” the woman said warmly. Megan grinned and shook her head.

“It’s no trouble, really,” she said as she placed a fresh towel on the small table next to the woman’s lounge chair.

Iridessa walked over to the kiddy pool, and looked at the little girl who was with Silvermist, “Is there room in there for a light pixie?”

“Yu huh!” the girl answered excitedly, bobbing her head ‘yes’ vigorously.

“Good. I hate big scary water rides.” Iridessa stated as she slowly dipped her toe in the water, pretending to be afraid of the pool..

“It’s okay,” the girl said, patting Iridessa’s hand. “Silbermist is here. She makes da water be nice!”

Iridessa began to relax. She had become quite adept at her role especially when it came to young kids, and sat down in the pool. “Water is always safe when there’s a water pixie nearby.”

Silvermist overheard the girl’s mother at that, as she leaned close to Megan and whispered, “Is it true she saved a drowning man in the Pirate Cove lake last week?”

“100% true,” Megan whispered back. “I heard she dove right in without a thought. She’s a bloody hero, that one.”

Silvermist leaned over to the little girl, “Are you ok with Iridessa while I go play a prank of Tinkerbell?” Tinkerbell had by now swam to the edge of the pool, her back to the wall and her arms stretched out, relaxing for a moment.

The girl giggled, bobbing her head. “I’ll make da water be nice to her.”

“That’s my lil water pixie in training.” Silvermist giggled and got out of the pool. Taking a page from the Hatter, she took big, animated sneaking steps over to the bigger pool where Tinkerbell had just swatted a beach ball back to a group of teenagers.

She grinned and put a finger to her lips, causing the girls and guys to laugh quietly as they watched to see what was coming. Silvermist sprinted, closing the distance, leapt, and shouted “CANNONBALL!”, landing just near enough to Tink to completely drench her.

“EEK!” Tinkerbell squealed.

Silvermist giggled, “You have to watch out for those cannonballs, Tinkerbell.”

“Oooooh you!” Tinkerbell laughed, splashing Silvermist. Neither of them heard Megan sneaking up until it was too late, and the shout of an Australian accented ‘CANNONBALL!’ followed, drenching them both.

Silvermist giggled hard. “Hey no fair!”

“I’m Aussie, love. That’s like, half-pirate right there,” Megan laughed as she came up for air, throwing her hair behind her.

Peter Pan, dressed in his normal costume, stopped next to the pool. “Did you say Pirate?”

“Oh, Peter!” Tinkerbell giggled. Peter put his hands on his hips, grinning as Megan climbed out.

“That’s right, Lost Boyo,” Megan said defiantly, putting her hands on her hips like he had. This was entirely unplanned, and yet it was. It was something Megan, Juliet, and a few other insiders put together at the last minute to build hype and get the rumor mill going ahead of the big announcement.

Peter eyed Megan, “You're one of Captain Codfish’s pirates aren't you?”

Megan laughed. “Nah, I’m more like Angelica or Jack. No killing lost boys for me,” she lied and winked, grinning.

“Oh then I have no problems with you,” Peter laughed. “Tink’s friends all say those pirates are nice.”

Megan giggled, sitting down on the edge of the pool as Juliette, dressed in a lilac two piece bikini, came strolling over, her long blonde hair in a single braid, interwoven here and there with mock mistletoe leaves, and a mistletoe berry-looking ponytail clip holding it in place at the top.

“But she’s one of Hook’s pirates right?” Peter looked the new girl up and down suspiciously.

“Wha, me?” Juliette asked innocently. “A nasty, smelly, vile beetle-eating son of a guttersnipe pirate?”

Peter laughed out loud. “Oh, you must be a lost girl!” he announced rather loudly. “Calling a pirate such names.” he gave an approving nod.

Juliette laughed, taking a theatrical bow. “I learned from the best,” she said as she sat next to Megan, moving her hand behind Megan’s head and pointing down at her with an innocent grin as she slurped her cherry slushie.

“Ah I knew it!“ Peter announced with his hands on his hips in that trademark Pan pose. “Tootles told me about you two! You’re Trixie and Red aren’t you?”

“Isn’t he the one that’s always losing his marbles?” Megan asked Juliette. Juliette laughed and nodded.

“Quite so yes.”

They both stood up again and turned to Peter, and answered in unison, “Maybe?” Both grinned innocently now.

Peter looked at Tinkerbell, who was barely holding in her laughter by now. “Twins just like The Twins.”

“We like it here so much,” Megan began.

“We’re thinking of staying,” Juliette finished. Both girls giggled.

Viral marketing was a beautiful thing. Even if the girls weren’t true Disney faces, they were in a way, in that they had a new top secret project in the works involving Pan lore.

“When we’re not running amok over Neverland,” Megan added.

“Tootles was right. You two are trouble.” Peter laughed, and then looked around. “Oh, I think I smell a codfish! I must be off!” he said, taking off his hat to give the girls a gracious bow, and then took off towards the Magic Kingdom.

“What was that about?” Annie asked as she came swimming to the edge of the big pool.

“Oh just a project that Juliette and I are going to ask the Pixies here to join us on - generating some viral marketing, you know? We might even invite this one girl we know, I think she’s like a Pixie hag or something.” Megan teased.

Annie laughed as she hopped up out of the pool next to Juliette. “Sorry, I probably shouldn’t have asked. I keep forgetting the big guys are like, super secret about this sort of thing.”

“Actually during the Pixie lunch break Fairy Mary’s going to gather the girls to talk about it. Why don’t you come with them?” Juliette half-whispered. She wanted Tink and Silvermist to hear, but not too many others if it could be helped.

“Oh, I-I couldn’t,” Annie stammered. “I mean I’m just-”

“Just a really cool artist who makes for a killer storyteller?” Megan grinned. “I seriously regret missing out this morning on story time, but I couldn’t find my sandals. I hope you’ll repeat that performance sometime?”

Annie blushed deeply but nodded. “Sure, I mean if you really want.”

~oOo~

Gennine smiled as the girls filed in Annie in tow behind them - almost literally. Megan and Juliette each had her by the arm. They didn’t want her to miss this. Megan and Juliette had literally grown up in show business, and making acquaintances came easily to them both. Making true friends, people who liked them for who they were and not for their fame, wasn’t always easy. Annie had made a big impression on Megan though, and the three of them, as well as Gretchen and Crystal for that matter, had become fast friends.

“This doesn’t happen often, but the guys upstairs, wanted to know if you girls would be interested in reprising your roles on T.V.” Gennine stated once the girls were all inside. “Disney’s doing a big budget T.V. Series about new Lost Girls, to add to Peter’s collection of Lost children.”

“Yo,” Megan said as she raised her hand.

“Ho,” Juliette chimed in immediately afterwards. Both girls grinned.

“That’s what Peter was talking about!” Tink laughed. “I almost peed when Juliette “lost girl” started lost boy swearing.”

“We started filming the Pilot about 2 weeks ago, but we had to put filming on hold because Juliette and I have a movie contract that we have to finish.” Megan spoke. “Just some last minute scenes we need to reshoot though.”

Juliette looked at Annie, “We’re going to need more Lost girls as well, if you’d be interested.”

Annie squeaked a little, cleared her throat, and calmly asked in her best West Essex accent, “Do I need to talk like this then?”

“You don’t, but it helps.” Megan laughed.

Annie giggled softly. “It’s kind of a miracle I don’t talk like that all the time. My Dad’s from Essex, but I’m told I sound more Northern when I do it. But I’d love to.”

“Hard part’s going to be convincing our publicist to relocate to the States for filming,” Megan laughed softly. “Once we wrap on the movie back home, we can focus full time on filming the new show. We were hoping you’d say yes, so you and the pixies could film your scenes without us, and then we could hustle back here for the wrap-up, after our characters are rescued from Captain Codfish.”

“Gosh... I don’t know,” Iridessa squeaked. “I mean clowning around in the park is one thing, but a TV role?”

“C’mon, Buttercup,” Rosetta said reassuringly. “If you can face ten thousand people an hour without flinching, you can stare down a little ole camera or two right?”

“Well okay, but I’m not cleaning up if I blow fairy dust,” Iridessa giggled softly. She hadn’t had an incident since the first day, and only Silvermist knew about that one. “I’m in.”

Tinkerbell nodded. “Me too.”

“And me,” Silvermist said, sticking out her hand. Tinkerbell giggled, placing her hand on top of it, and the others followed. “Faith.”

“Trust,” Tinkerbell giggled.

“And pixie dust,” they all said in unison. Juliette fan girl squealed. She had never seen this in person.

“They did the thing!” she giggled, paused, cleared her throat, and smiled. “... Sorry.”

Annie giggled, “I love it when they do that!”

~oOo~

So, what did you think so far? Pretty crazy how a dumb janitor who thought he’d try on Silvermist’s costume could discover so much about herself so quickly. But like the Magic Kingdom, it’s not over yet. For one thing, Olivia’s parents don’t know she likes girls. That’s going to make for an awkward Thanksgiving... I won’t get into that here, you’ll have to wait for that one. For now, my first set of memoirs is complete. Hope you enjoyed the ride so far! Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes Jade’s doing fantastically, but I’ll save that for later, as well!

And don’t worry. There is a lot more to tell, like how Megan became Megan... But I’m getting ahead of myself. Or is that behind myself? Oh, whatever. It’ll all make sense later. Gotta run for now though. Olivia needs me!

From all of us at Pixie Hollow: Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

XoXo,

Silvermist Signature.png

up
408 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

More stories, PLEEEASE!

More stories please! You have woven a series that is both fun and entertaining to read! KUDOS!

Pixellated!

I've really enjoyed this story arc. Looking forward to more when you have it ready. Don't drop out. You're dewing great! :)

Noooooooo....

No! Don't stop! I am sure I am not alone in wanting to read more!

ST

Absolutely, more, more, more!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your talent with us. It really makes a big difference for me and others as well. Please keep going!

Hugs,

Melissa

MOTK...

A lovely story!! Thank you ever so much for this tale. I hope to see more from Silvermist and the gang sometime soon!

Really loved reading this

Really loved reading this story and I hope you write another following these great characters. There so much I want to see happen from the Don't drops they planned and Tink's workshop to the revamped Pixie Hollow. I'd also love to see the Pirate fairy added and her interaction with Jack Sparrow. Please write more soon :)

Big hugs :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

A bright Beacon

Gr8tS4g3's picture

Your story has been a Bright beacon of happiness amongst all the gloom - thank you, please continue with more Pixie adventures.

The Nature of Monkey is Irrepressible!

I DO HOPE...

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

I hope your muses continue to inspire you to write this glittery-pixie-dusty, flittery, charming tale.

Thanks for sharing the parts you already have with all of us.

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Zoe,

Zoe,
You wrote a wonderful story, and I do hope that you will continue it or at least another series led off from this first one. One character I would like to see more about is Sarah's little sister Annie; as she has shown herself to have a tremendous artistic talent in sculpting and drawing/painting.
Even though she has just been offered a chance in a TV series for Disney; I honestly believe her true talents will come to the forefront in set designs, animation, computer animation, and general all around artist. I feel that Disney Corporation would be misguided to not grab her up while they can.
Janice Lynn

Thank You

I never would have watched the Tinker Bell series if it was not for this series. I laugh and cried and laugh so much, at their antics. Thoe your stories made the characters really come to life. Thanks Jackie

Don't stop the magic now,

Keep writing these, please. I'm definitely enjoying this series, further adventures of the pixies and their friends would be very highly appreciated here.

Zoe, I thoroughly enjoyed this story

And I am very much looking forward to reading more of Sarah and her new friends continuing adventures. I bet that if the figurines that Annie made as gifts for her sister and new friends should come to the attention of some of the bigwigs at Disney, that Annie will find herself with a contract licensing the design of the figures for production as souvenirs for sale at the Pixie Hollow gift shop. they're sure to be very popular items.

Zoe, thank you for such a wonderful and delightful story. I, along with all your fans eagerly await the continuation of Sarah's story.

Hugs,
Tamara Jeanne

Magic of the Kingdom

Zoe, Thank You so much for the fun and laughs You have given us. I really hope You do more about the Fairy's. I so enjoyed the story and will wait with abated breath for more. Please, please more.

Hugs, Gaby

More fun :)

More fun :)

OMG Zoe I was in Stiches

Renee_Heart2's picture

I LOVE this story hun MORE PLEASE!!!!! IM h [ked just like the Robin series. I was laughing all through this story :)

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Walt Disney's unsung partner, Ub Iwerks

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

Tinkerbell looked at Silvermist and put her hands on her hips. “You never said your sister was more talented than Walt Disney,” she teased.

Like everyone else who dropped by to comment, I am really enjoying this story. I just had to stop for a moment, though, to drop in this historical note.

While Walt was definitely an animation artist, his greatest talent was business administration. He was more like Steve Jobs of Apple, where Steve Wozniak was the creative genius and technical innovator. Disney also had a partner; Ub Iwerks was the creative genius behind the early days of Disney Studios. He designed Mickey Mouse and several other early characters. He developed special effects technologies such as the multiplane animation camera. He, along with Winsor McCay and Max Fleischer, developed the basic styles, visual “language” and techniques that became classic animation. Please remember these great unsung innovators who first made it practical to bring our dreams and fantasies to life.

Magical and wonderful

Wow i just read this from start to finish and it was amazing. I just loved all the characters and how silvermist interacts with them all the others especially the mad hatter and jack sparrow lol. Im really really hoping that you will write more about her amazing adventures and her transition into womanhood as this was just a blast to read.
Also the mad hatter stolen tea pot stuff in the earlier chapters was great, found this great youtube vid called tinkerbell stole hatters teapot which everyone probably has already see but just in case. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8j8gQoQM1w

I really like this story, as

Setsuna's picture

I really like this story, as well as all of your stories so far. You really are the queen of sweetness. Your writing makes me feel good all the time. For this story I actually watched all the tinkerbell movies. I have to give you credit for that. Without you I would have missed so many lovely movies that just make me feel good, just like your stories. Please keep up the good work. I also read all your robinverse stories and I like them as well. Whatever you are up to next be sure that I'm really a big fan of your stories. Greetings and many hugs.

one of the funnest stories I

one of the funnest stories I have ever read, can't wait for more.
Thank you for writing this wonderful story!!!

What a refreshingly fun lighthearted story!

laika's picture

Magic indeed! A story with no villains, no deep angst about being transgender or challenges in being accepted, no confrontation with bullies (it sure helps to be on the other side of highschool + its horrors...); Just fun, friendship, warmth + humor + creativity being rewarded. Yet somehow---without any serious conflicts---this series drew me in, held my interest all the way through and made me a total fan of these theme park pixies, their coworkers, families and friends. I'm hooked.... I guess Disneyworld really is the Happiest Place on Earth!! (But where's Clank + Bobble? I can see how they'd be annoying in large doses but they couldve at least had a walk on)
~hugs, Veronica

Excellent

That was an excellent story pity it ended so soon.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna