Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 1: Chapter 06

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 1: The Martial Artist, The Space Cop, The Superhero, The Magical Girl, The Wrestler, And The Fool for Love.

Chapter Six: “Fessing Up.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

A few seconds after Akira had boarded boarded Birdy's new Federation spaceship, he took a look to see that he was inside a comfortably lit, fairly large room. He then looked around and saw that Natsuru, Ranma, Guy, and were alright. Though, they clearly not happy to see him.

Birdy's new spaceship was the much bigger than her old ship. The reason for this was to accommodate the number of people that it would be taking back to earth. Though, Birdy had been trained in the type of ship they were on. So, she knew where everything was.

When the mini-wormhole, that the group had used to board the ship, closed, Birdy turned to the group, and she informed them that they were on a Federation ship in orbit of the planet, Oriotera. She then table any questions, for later, with the offer of giving the group a quick tour of the ship. Which the rest of the group gladly accepted.

The group was shown where the kitchen area was. Where the sleeping quarters were, and which ones were assigned to whom. And where the restrooms and showers were.

Birdy also informed them that the ship was mostly automated, and the only crew on it were the seven of them. With Birdy counting Tsutomu and herself, as two people.

As they walked through the ship, Akira noticed everyone else was giving him a cold shoulder. Which, Akira did not blame them for do so.

After the tour was over, and Birdy had lead the group to a large chamber of the ship. Birdy then told them they would talk after she talked to her superiors, on the planet, Oriotera, which their ship was orbiting. Then, they would talk.

The group them remained silent, as they stood in the back of the large chamber of the ship, as Birdy held a video-conference with the Federation government officials shown on several large hovering video screens.

Also, on the main holographic display was the humanoid insect alien, Captain Megius of the Federation police force.

Captain Megius was Birdy's direct superior officer, and her friend. Over the years, he had done his best to keep Birdy out of trouble.

At the moment, Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira, were all male. While Futaba was still a woman. Birdy was in control of her body. And Guy changed out of her Shezow costume, and to the clothing she had been wearing before the fight bar with the Federation police forces.

It had been an hour after the group had entered Birdy's spaceship, as the group patiently waited for Birdy to finish her conversation. Though, Akira stood separating to the rest of the group, to their right side, while facing Birdy back.

Birdy was just finishing defending her friends, “As you can see, they attempted to stay calm and resolve the matter peacefully. Until Pontiff Geeze illegally ordered their executions. After which they defended themselves from what they viewed to be an unjust threat.”

One government officials stated, “We realize that.”

A new screen popped up showing Pontiff Geeze with one of her arms in a sling. Her face had a solemn expression.

The new screen then collapsed.

Captain Megius said, “Thank you, Officer Cephon. It is fortunate that your friends are so skilled at fighting that no one seriously harm, nor killed.” The alien then addressed the government officials, “From the evidence seen so far, it has been proven that these individuals were brought to this planet against their will, and were forced to defend themselves. That is clearly mitigating circumstances for the situation.”

Another government official asked, “But, what of the individual that stole our technology? And has gotten away?”

Birdy stated, “We believe we know were she is going. And she is the reason these individuals here were unwillingly dragged into this mess in the first place. The individuals were clearly used as a distraction to allow the suspect to accomplish the theft, while unhindered.”

A third government official pointed out, “If we try them. And this theft becomes publicly known. It will be a major embarrassment for the Federation government.”

A forth government official said, “Perhaps a compromise could be reached.”

Birdy spoke for the group of government officials, “We are listening.”

The fourth government official offered, “This theft would be embarrassing to the Federation. Also, someone has to clean up this mess. So, in exchange for the Federation not filing charges against your friends. Your friends will leave the planet immediately, and not come back. Along with this, you all will stop this thief and either retrieve, or destroying, the technology and weapons that have been stolen.”

Birdy said, “I think we can agree to those terms.”

Birdy turned and saw that the rest of group either nodding, or shrugging, in agreement. She then turned back to the video screens.

Captain Megius stated, “Good. Then, the matter is settled.”

All the screens, and the holographic display shutdown.

Birdy turned to her group. She said, “That went better than I expected.” She turned to Akira, as she stated, “Now, let's find out why we are in this mess, in the first place. So, before we tear into you for the secrets you kept from us, we have to ask. What did Hanna tell you about her plans?”

Akira looked around, and he saw that every member of the group was still unhappy with him. He turned to Birdy, as he thought, 'Time to pay the piper. It is clearly that no one here is happy that I kept my gender bending secret from them. Of all people. I an understand why they are not happy. Still, saving the Earth takes precedence over covering my own ass.'

Akira responded, “Hanna said she is planning to sell the weapons to Earth's governments, so they would eventually blow up the planet, while she retired to another world, as a rich woman.”

Ranma commented, “I know money is one thing. But, no one goes to all this trouble to blow up a planet, for the sole sake of greed.”

Akira stated, “Her reason is revenge. In her timeline, an alternate future now, the government, or governments of the Earth. She wasn't very clear on that point. Found out about our little secret. They kidnapped her, and her longtime lover. Did horrible things to them. And they made them do horrible things to other people.”

“Eventually, she found a way to travel back in time. And now she is out for vengeance. Even though, technically, those that wrong them both have not wrong us yet.”

“Also, just so you know, I had no idea what Hanna was planning. Actually, if things had worked out as she had planned, she would have framed me for her crimes. But, instead she just used the confusion to steal the tech, weapons, and then run.”

Ranma turned to the rest of the group, as he commented, “Given Akira's reaction to meeting Hanna. I believe he is telling the truth. No one goes that crazy and wants to jump ship if they were knowingly part of the plan.”

The others nodded in agreement.

Akira turned to Ranma, as he said, “Thank you.”

Ranma turned back to Akira, as he shrugged, in response.

Birdy pointed out, “This ship is not as fast as hers. For us. It is going to take a few days to get to Earth. With the time dilation being about a week for her, and two weeks for us. This cannot be helped. But, it will likely take her a while to round up buyers. So, we do still have some time.”

Futaba inquired, “Still, I don't see why she went to all this trouble. It would have been much less trouble for her, if she just kept using time travel. With her stealing the technology and weapons. And then time traveling to the past, to no one was realized she had stolen anything.”

Birdy stated, “It is clear that whatever means Hanna used to time travel. It was a one way trip. And she does not have access to time travel technology.”

Futaba said, “That is actually very comforting to know.”

Birdy replied, “I agree.”

Guy asked, “Birdy, I know we just agreed to stop the Hanna... Well, you agreed for us. But, can we request help from the Federation?”

Birdy answered, “From my experience. The way my superiors think is that because this is just a one person operation we are against, that we can handle on our own. So, no.”

Futaba inquired, “Can we contact anyone from Earth?”

Natsuru pointed out, “Would that be wise? If this technology is as dangerous as we think, then any authorities back home would likely just murder us all, steal the technology, and still blow up the planet.”

Ranma commented, “True. Like it, or not. We are going to have to hand this on our own. We find Hanna. Deal with her. One way, or another. And we then either destroy what she stole, or hand it back over to the federation.”

Birdy agreed, “Ranma is right.”

Guy asked, “But, how do we handle Hanna? She has not actually killed anyone, yet. That we know of. That robot attack in the convention was a joke. And we handled ourselves well in that fight, just now.”

Akira commented, “Don't forget. She sent the military after us. Back home. In the hopes of getting us to trust her. And she did try to get Federation cops to kill, or arrest us, for her. She may not intend to pull the trigger herself, but she wants to knowingly put the guns in the hands of the world's governments, to kill the world with. While, at the same time, she plans to become rich killing off the rest of humanity.”

“She is my counterpart. I am the closest one to figuring out how she thinks. And I do think she needs to be punished. Jail time is preferable. But, if we have to, we should just end her.”

Birdy said, “I am sure that none of us like the idea of doing that. But, one of us may have too. So, prepare yourselves.”

Birdy then turned to Akira, as she sternly questioned, “Now, why did you lie to us? Why didn't tell us you could change genders, like the rest of us?”

Akira looked over at Birdy. He carefully choose his words, as he responded, “In the beginning, I had no reason to trust any of you. Remember, you all kidnapped me from my bedroom. And by the time I believed I could trust you, I felt I was already in too deep. And I was worried that if you learned that, that I would never see Earth, again.”

Birdy conceded, “I admit. We were a little hard on you. I was a little hard on you. Sorry about that.”

Akira replied, “Apology accepted.”

Ranma questioned, “So, sneezing is the trigger for your change?”

Akira answered, “Yes. That is the trigger. Nothing else triggers the change. That is why I wasn't really worried about any you finding out about my ability. Getting someone to sneeze against their will is difficult. At best. While splashing someone with cold water is not.”

Ranma responded, “True. Though, I did figure you out. You are clever. But, you did drop some clues in the way you acted, and in the statements you made.”

Akira admitted, “You are probably right.”

Guy inquired, “What caused your gender change abilities in the first place?”

Akira answered, “Two factors. Or three. Depending on how you count my ancestry. Like Pontiff Geeze said. I have both Alteran and Shimeru ancestry. Hanna confirmed what Pontiff Geeze said.” He turned to Futaba, “I guess we are related.”

Futaba shrugged, towards Akira, as she responded, in a sarcastic tone of voice, “I will be sure to invite you to the next family reunion.”

Akira deadpanned, “Can't wait.” He then continued, in a more serious tone of voice, “The other part of there was a gaming accident with a virtual reality rig, I tried out, one time. I suffered an electrical shock that stimulate both side my dormant alien genes, and parts of my brain. Later, I had to have minor alterations to my brain to prevent brain damage and eventual death, due to changing back and forth.”

“While my girl form looks so different form my male form, is that my girl form originally came from the games GUI. Which featured a young, teenage girl, with long blond her. The shock happened when I saw her, and I mentally imprinted her as the body I would change into. Neither I, nor Hanna, are sure how that works.”

“Though, I did not immediately change genders. That happened the next morning. Where by, instead of waking up in the male body I was born with, I woke up looking like her. Luckily, I immediately sneezed, and changed back to a guy. Later that day, I figured out the trigger was sneezing. The rest is just some mad capped adventures, that I had with my friends.”

“Still, there is one thing that separates me from you guys on gender changing. I never once looked for a cure to the change. Which is probably why I didn't have any serious problems with the gender laws. I just saw the change as an opportunity to experience how the other half lived. All in the hopes of becoming the boyfriend to the girl I was interested in. And that eventually badly backfired.”

Ranma commented, “Nice idea. But, I have lived as a girl for a while. And I still don't understand most women.”

Akira said, “Yea. I kinda figured that out eventually, myself. But, it was fun alternating between male and female. I was so different between the two, that no one noticed. Except one woman, the mother of the girl I was interested in. Still, she let me handle how I would tell her two daughters.”

Birdy asked, “Were there any health problems, or genetic conflicts, due to both your Alteran and Shimeru genes being activated in your body?”

Akira replied, “From what Hanna told me, my Alteran and Shimeru genes did come into conflict with each other. The Alteran genes effected the Shimeru trigger for the change. Instead of long term stress, or excitement that causing the change, it was a quick stress effect of sneezing. And because Alteran's live longer, and take longer to grow up, the Alteran genes effected the gender change. In that my girl form was a few years younger than my male body. But, I found that my female body did finally catch up with my male body, just over two years ago. As you guys saw at the bar, earlier.”

Natsuru asked, with curiosity in his tone of voice, “From what it sounds like, you used to have no problems changing back and forth. Yet. You now are clearly against changing genders. Why is that?”

Akira stated, with disgust, and guilt, lacing his voice, “Because, I screwed up. I abused my ability, and it cost me dearly. And I made a promise to never use it again.”

Ranma snorted, “Good luck with that. You know those gender laws better than we do.”

Akira held up both his right index and middle fingers. He stated, “Two years... Two years without without sneezing, nor changing. As I said, the Bruce Banner approach.” He then lowered his right hand, as he said, in a defeated tone of voice, “Still, I learned from Hanna, that in the long run, even that won't work for me.”

Birdy inquired, “So, she is a locked as a woman, now?”

Akira answered, “Yes. And she is a lot older than she looks. The Alteran genes we both have is going to allow us to live a lot longer than I expected. Due my male body aging normally, there will reach a point where my body will lock me as a woman to keep from changing back into a guy, and immediately dying of old age. And from what she told me, no amount of sneezing. Nor anything else. Will change that.”

Natsuru commented, “That is sad to hear.”

Akira responded, “Yea. But, at least I will still be healthy and alive.”

Futaba asked, “How complete is the change for you?”

Akira answered, “All the way. Just like the rest of you.”

Futaba questioned, “Given we are related. Do you have that little pheromone problem that my people have?”

Akira explained, “While, I have never experiencing having a period. I do have your little family problem, in another way. If I eat nattou, it causes a pheromone release of my female side, for a few hours that make most men, and some women, to go crazy about me. Though, I try to avoid that food. For lack of a better word.”

Futaba inquired, “It is interesting that you would also have a different trigger for a pheromone release. Also, how do you know the change is complete?”

Akira stated, “Hanna confirmed for me that changing genders back and forth resets my female body's monthly cycle, to where it would be if right after my period would have ended. I would have to spent a number of weeks as woman to have a period.”

“I also know the change is completely, because Hanna told me she had gotten pregnant, with her longtime lover, and had a baby boy, in the other timeline. One of the reasons she wants her revenge is that the government took her baby away from her.”

Akira's statement shocked everyone.

All Futaba could say was, “Oh.”

Birdy suggested, “Okay. Maybe we should give Hanna the option of surrender, before we risk using any lethal force against her.”

Guy said, “I guess it is true. Misery does love company.”

Natsuru commented, “Now, for some good news.” He turned to Birdy, as he stated “Birdy, before we confront Hanna, you need to get Akira a couple of pistols. He was a real cowboy in the battle we just had. You should have seen him. He grabbed a couple of the cops pistols, and he was kicking ass and taking names with the cops. Just as much as the rest of us were.” He then turned to Akira, as he asked, “By the way, Akira. Where did you learn to do that? When Guy asked you, at the bar. You just said, Atlanta. You did not have time to elaborate.”

Akira said, “I have been a fan of gun play, in action movies, since I was a child. So, while studying in America, I had the opportunity to learn more about the gun culture. And I ate is up. I took up skeet with a rifle and I found I had a nature talent for shooting moving targets.”

“Soon after I was, introduced to an anime where some of the characters were dual wielding pistols and I decided to give it a try. I took some more gun courses, and the people that own a local skeet range enjoyed watching me experiment with my trick shooting. I became very proficient at shooting multiple targets, with two pistols at once. With both revolvers and semi-automatics. Though, I prefer revolvers. And my shooting skills became almost second nature for me.”

Natsuru asked, “Which anime series are you talking about.”

Akira replied, “Black Lagoon. I later read the manga version of that series, as well.”

Natsuru complimented, “Good taste.”

Akira cracked a grin, as he happily said, “Thanks.”

Birdy stated, “I don't have any pistols to spare. But, I do have an energy rifle, on board, that you can borrow.”

Akira replied, “That will do.”

Guy stated, “As much as I loved watching Akira kick ass, a little while ago. Are we sure we can trust him with a weapon? He did hide his female side from us.”

Akira dropped his grin, as he asked, “Huh?”

Futaba conceded, “Guy has a point. And both Akira and Hanna likely lead identical lives up to a point of the convention battle.”

Akira defended himself, “Okay. That is true. But, we only lived the same first two decades. She had another six decades of mental baggage that I don't have.”

Ranma stated, “While, I don't want to admitted it. These are legitimate points that we need to address, before we hand you a weapon, again.”

Akira responded, with anger in his tone of voice, “You know what. You think you know me. Well you don't. I have put up with a lot of crap in my life. I tried very hard to move on with my life. And I honestly thought I was making gains in doing so. Now, I have recently found out that all my plans were doomed from the start. And I am not sure what the hell I am going to do with my life.”

“Now, I am sure that all of you have hidden your other sides, at one point, or another, from other people. It comes with the territory. But, I will not stand here, and be judged by hypocrites.”

Akira then stormed out of the room, and into a nearby hallway.

Natsuru looked at the others, as he sternly told them, “Thanks, guys. He has already been through a lot tonight. And you fools just pile more on for him to deal with. Didn't you see his eyes? He is hurting on the inside. And you all just kicked him while he was down.”

Natsuru then turned, and followed after Akira down the hallway.

After Natsuru was out of sight, Birdy said, to the others, whom were present, “Whether you like it not, he is coming with us to confront Hanna.”

Ranma sighed, as he comment, “Yea. I can live with that. And I forget to mention I occasionally suffer from chronic foot in mouth disease.”

Futaba quietly said, “We all have our moments.”

Guy stated, “Okay. I will won't argue giving him a weapon, nor confronting Hanna. If, for any other reason, that with him being present, there is a better chance of us taking her down, without anyone getting hurt, or killed. Including, Hanna, herself.”

Birdy just smiled, at the others, for them seeing reason, on the matter.

(_)

In the nearby hallway, Natsuru reached, Akira a half a minute later. As Natsuru did so, he said, while Akira's back was turned to him, “Akira. I can understand why you said what you said. But, please wait and hear me out.”

Akira came to a stop, as he turned around to face Natsuru, whom had also stopped four feet from Akira.

Akira asked, in a direct tone of voice, “Natsuru, I have an important question for you. Are you romantically interested in me? You have definitely been flirting with me enough to justify my asking. So, yes? Or, no?”

The question caught Natsuru off guard. He was silent for a few moments. He then admitted, “Yes. I am attracted to you.”

Akira softly replied, “Good. It is nice to get that out into the open.”

Natsuru then broached the subject, as he inquired, “You spoke of Hanna having a longtime lover. That fathered her son. Who was he?”

Akira looked profoundly into Natsuru's eyes. Natsuru could see pity and sadness in Akira's own eyes, as Akira quietly asked, “Who do you think?”

Natsuru realized the answer, as he whispered, “Me...”

In response, Akira turned his head slightly to his left. So, he could no longer looked at Natsuru.

Natsuru mentally realized, 'Akira clearly does not know what to say, in this situation. But, I know what to do.'

In response, Natsuru turned into a girl, though, her clothing remained the same. She then took a few steps closer to Akira. When she was all but, nose to nose, with each other, she used her right hand to lightly cup the left side of his cheek, as she slightly pushed his up until they faced each other.

She gently said to him, “I like you. I could see why my counterpart could fall for Hanna. You are smart, funny, and caring. You are everything I would want in either a boy, or a girl. It could even become something more, if you let it.”

Natsuru then deeply Akira on his mouth. Akira did not resist Natsuru, and instead, went with the moment, in passionately returning as much in the kiss, as he was given.

Several seconds later, they broke the kiss.

Then, without warning, Natsuru used her right fist to punch Akira in his jaw, with just enough force to knock him on his butt, but not cause any bruising, nor other injuries.

Natsuru looked down at Akira, whom was presently sitting on his butt, looking up at her.

Natsuru stated, “But, I am just still too upset with you to do anything about it right now.”

Natsuru then shifted back into a guy. He said, “And for the record. I find both your forms to be hot.”

Natsuru then turned, and left Akira.

While Akira rubbed his jaw, he watched Natsuru leave. He smiled, as quietly commented, “Same here.”

(_)

Half an hour later, after Birdy set her ship on course for Earth, she caught up with Natsuru, in another hallway of her spaceship.

Birdy said, to the blue haired man, “We need to talk in private. I found some information, that you requested.”

Natsuru replied, “Lead the way.”

Birdy then started walking, down the hallway, with Natsuru following her.

After a few minutes of walking, Birdy let Natsuru to one of the guest bed chambers.

When the door closed behind them, Birdy stated, “As you suspected, the Kampfers were created by aliens. The Federation to be exactly.”

Natsuru responded, “That is not surprising. Given that you and Tsutomu change, back and forth, in a similar way that I change back and forth between genders. This also confirms that I am do not turn into a magical girl.”

Birdy commented, “With that white and black seifuku, you are close enough.”

Natsuru let out a small chuckle. He then inquired, “I guess I am. So, please tell me what you found out?”

Birdy answered, “I found out who the moderators are, the origins of the stuff talking animals, Kampfer bracelets, and the game of death you and your friends got dragged into.”

“It all started at the main Federation university, a very long time ago. Kampfers were originally about studying caveman level primitive societies, on various worlds the Federation knew about, but left alone, for the most part, to allow the sentient species their develop natural.”

“While you may not know this, but primitive cultures, even tens of thousands of years ago on your Earth, revered and worshiped their own version of a mother goddess. This is why the Kampfers were only female. They were intend to trick the tribes, and even the bracelet wearers, into believing that the Kampfers were blessed by their mother goddess.”

“The whole point was to study the development of primitives cultures, and in some cases help along their development. As you know, besides your fire abilities, with that bracelet, your female Kampfer form makes you physically stronger, faster, tougher, and gives you more endurance, than a normal human.”

“Using the bracelets, those women picked. Along with those men that were picked, whom were given gender bending abilities. Received Kampfer powers that would help them become leaders of their tribes. And the powers were not random. They were choose, for a specific tribes needs, and beliefs.”

“These tribes also sometimes worshiped animals, as minor deities. Originally, the Federation used talking android animals, as a go between for the Kampfers and Federation researchers. This was all so that the researchers could allow their input to the tribes in question, as the tribes developed, and clash with other tribes. Along the researcher gauging how developments in power between tribes effected their culture.”

“Even while this was going on, this was an extremely controversial project within the Federation. And it was eventually banned. Though, those that were already made Kampfers were left with their bracelets, and powers, for the rest of their lives.”

“The Kampfers were never meant to be used in the way they were on Earth. In an industrial society. But, it seems around decade ago some Federation college students found out about the Kampfer technology, and they decided to use the technology to create their own death games on Earth. With the sole reason they did this being for the sadistic joy they got in doing so. That was also when the go between animals were made into stuffed animals. It was all a joke with them.”

“Eventually, these student were caught, and sentenced to long prison terms. But, the damage was already done. The Federation could no track down all the stuffed living animals. And if they tried to directly intervene, there was a real chance of revealing to humanity, as whole, that there are aliens on Earth. This would likely create a very bad first contact situation. The governments know about us, but the situation is low key, for the sake of all the players involved.”

Natsuru responded, “I am not surprised that those responsible were some sick people, doing it for kicks. And I am happy that those that did so were caught and punished. Also, I won't worry to much about first contact. If Akira is any example, eventually more humans will be related to aliens. And it is hard to reject family. So, is there anything else you can tell me about the Kampfers?”

Birdy stated, “There is plenty more that you need to know, for your own personal knowledge. Your bracelet will offer you a few other long term benefits, and drawbacks. First, it will extend your lifespan greatly. But, only for you female side. Your male side will still age.”

“Like Akira, eventually, your male side will age to the point that turning male would kill you. At the point, the bracelet will make your female side your permanent form. This is part of the bracelet's programing, to keep the wearer healthy and alive. On the bright side, for Kampfers, I found that personality changes are not locked.”

“Also, keep in mind, as a woman, you have a complete fully functioning set of human female reproductive organs. You can get pregnant, and have children. If you get pregnant, your bracelet will lock you as a woman until you give birth to your baby. And similar to Akira, changing back and forth resets your body female cycle, to just after your menstruation would have ended. Though, if you stayed a woman long enough. Likely around three weeks. You would have a monthly period.”

Natsuru responded, “That does explain why I never had that problem. Not, that I am complaining.”

Birdy offered, “Yes. That can be a sensitive subject. And there is one other matter about your bracelet. I can remove it. If you want? This will allow you to go back to be completely male.”

Natsuru looked at his bracelet for a few seconds. He then looked back at Birdy, as he responded, “I think I will keep my bracelet. I have found these abilities as more an asset, than a hindrance.”

Birdy smiled, as she commented, “I fully understand.”

Natsuru asked, “So, what did you find about Guy's magical ring?”

Birdy let out a deep breath. She then said, “I could not find anything on Guy's ring. But, from what I have learned, from scanning her ring and her body, against your bracelet and your body, with this ship sensors. A few minutes ago. I suspect the ring might be a prototype of a Kampfer bracelet. Though, it is unknown how the ring wound up Earth's distance past.”

Natsuru inquired, “Could your government have covered up information on Guy's ring?”

Birdy answered, “Yes. It is very possible that there are no records because they were erased to prevent embarrassment for those involved in the project. This would not be the first time I have personally seen that happen.”

Natsuru asked, “If that was the case, why does Guy's ring only make him crossdress, while still having superpowers?”

Birdy theorized, “I think over time the programming in the ring started to degrade to the point males that wore the ring were not changed female. But, instead, they were just put into an embarrassing dress, that fit the culture of their time and place. If the ring is a prototype, then when it came in contact with energy from Ranma's cursed form, it could have taken the concept of Ranma male to female gender bending process, and imprinted the curse as a basic gender change for Guy.”

“Unfortunately, this is very dangerous for that ring to do. This is like putting new buggy software on top of old degraded software. And these software bugs prevent Guy from changing back into a boy. This has created a situation where the ring is to unstable to directly mess with. Even just trying to remove the ring from Guy, in an attempt to reverse the gender change, could kill her.”

“Though, there are other options that might work for Guy. But, it will take time to implement them. Once we are done with Hanna. I will put my efforts in helping Guy.”

Natsuru mentioned, “Ranma also said he knew some people he would contact, when we got back to Earth.”

Birdy replied, “Good. The more options we have, the better.”

Natsuru said, “Also, I appreciate your hard work.”

Birdy responded, “Thank you.”

Natsuru inquired, “You're welcome. So, how is Guy, physically?”

Birdy admitted, “The scans I did on Guy showed that she is completely female, like the rest of us. But, it will be at least six months before her body catches up in development. And only then will she have to deal with other problems. So, there still is time. The better news is that if we can get Guy to just change back and forth between genders, her cycle will reset, like you and Akira. And she will not have to worry about that problem.”

Natsuru smiled, as he said, “I am happy there is still time. Though, I suggest it might be best not to mention any of this to Guy, until those options are available.”

Birdy replied, “I completely agree.”

(_)

Around that time, Akira was in the kitchen area. He had fixed himself, what looked like a safe alien style sandwich, from the refrigerator. He then sat in a chair, at one of two large tables, that was closest to him. He then set down his glass of water, and plate of food, on the table, in front of him.

It was then that Futaba and Guy walked in.

Akira looked over at them, as he politely asked, “What do you two want?”

Futaba and Guy stopped walking, as they turned to look at Akira.

Guy stated, “Well, even though we have seen Hanna, tonight. We didn't really see you that well. We had other matters to deal with at the time. So, we came looking for you. And the computer said you were here. And we would like to look at your female side, in more detail. If it is okay.”

Akira replied, “Normally, is a child asked to see my female side, I would look at them from. But, given the situation you are in. Instead, I will just remind you that we all saw Hanna wearing a crop top, and running shorts, that did not leave much to the imagination. So, what would be the point of me showing you my female form?”

Futaba responded, for Guy, “True. What Guy is saying is we would really like to see your female form with a more critical eye. Look are you face and body a little more closely. And if you were wondering. I was the one who suggested it. Not Guy. She is here as a witness.”

Akira thought over their request for a few seconds, 'If I don't do as they request, they will bug me about it, later. And if I do this, it could be embarrassing for me. Still, I might as well show them. They already know. I just need to be careful. And I need to set some ground rules, first.'

Akira cautioned, “Fair warning. If you use this as an excuse to get me undressed, or touch my breasts, or crotch, I am going to break your arms.”

Futaba replied, “Okay. We won't do anything. Besides, I am already happily married.”

Guy responded, “I am okay with those terms.”

Akira said, “Fine.” He then sneezed, changing into her female form.

Futaba and Guy then walked up to Akira, to Akira's right side. to allow them a better view of her.

In response, Akira, moved her chair, out, and rotated it to her right side, to allow them a better look of her.

For about a minute, Futaba looked closely at Akira, with an eye for detail, that only came with someone whom worked in the model industry.

Futaba requested, “May I touch you hair?”

Akira answered, “Yes. As long as you are gentle.”

Futaba used the fingers in her right hand to softly run across Akira's long blond her.

Futaba stated, “You hair is very smooth hair. Very healthy. When you wash your hair, do you use a conditioner?”

Akira said, “No. I just wash it with shampoo. The condition of my blond hair is just part of the change. Along with the hair length and color.”

Futaba then ran her hands down Akira's bare right arm.

Futaba commented, “And your arms are smooth as well.”

Akira flatly responded, “Male side has body hair, while my female side does not.”

Futaba admitted, “The same is true for me. I suspect it is true for all of us.”

Akira commented, “You're probably right.”

Futaba continued to look at Akira, as she stated, “From your paler skin complexion. Which is perfect, by the way. And your facial bone structure, that as a female you look like you are caucasian woman. While, when you are male, you have the skin, hair, and bone structured of a japanese man.”

Akira responded, “Yea. I noticed that, too. Back in japan, when I went out as a girl, a few of our country men and women called me a gaijin. I cannot really fault them. Considering I do look like a foreigner.”

“Though, I have no problems with foreigners. I was even romantically interested in two foreign sisters. The older sister was the one I was original interested in, that I used my female form to get to know.”

Futaba asked, “Which nationality?”

Akira answered, “They are half french. Half japanese”

Futaba burst out, “Dear lord. With that combination, no wonder you wanted to get to know such a woman.”

Akira grinned, as she responded, “I know. And they were hot. I used my girl side to get to know them, and to help with them having a friendship with my male side. It did not end well. But, it was still fun while it lasted.”

Futaba said, “I can appreciate why you did that. I have pulled some stupid stunts in my life, in the name of love. And you do make a pretty foreigner.”

Akira commented, “Thank you.”

Futaba offered, “You're welcome. And if you want. When we get back to Earth, I can get you a modeling job, for you female side. I can even take care of any records that need to be produced. My family has experience in doing such things. You would find the job pays very well.”

Akira stated, “Well, to be honest. Thanks, but no thanks. Years ago, as a girl, I entered into a bikini contest. I tried to cheat, eating nattou, to temporally mature my female side to adulthood for a few hours. Along with producing pheromones.”

“Though, I forgot to take into account the size difference between my adult female body, and my younger female body. And I was in such a rush I didn't change my bikini. Which was then several sizes too small for me. A little while, after I got on stage, for the contest, my bikini self-destructed in full view of dozens of men, and at least one cameraman. This left me covering myself with my arms and hands, while running off stage.”

Futaba looked thoughtful for a few seconds. She then asked, “Was that at an amusement park? Because I remember seeing a video of a hot blond at a bikini contest, where her bikini came apart while on stage.” She noticed that Akira immediately blushed beat red, as she continued, “Oh my. It was you.”

Akira continued blushing, while he put his hand over his face, as she said, “Yes. It was me. I saw that video a few times. The first time I saw that video, while was I was at college, in the privacy of my dorm room.”

“I didn't realize it was me... And well, during that time, while watching the video, on a loop, with the video repeating itself, I was doing something with my hands, on myself, that I shouldn't have done. When I realized the girl in the video was me, I vomited, and lost my appetite for a week. Anyway, that video has made several circulations around the internet over the years.”

“And the worst part is that I cannot have it taken down without the world finding out that I can change genders. The thought that I cannot stop naughty people from doing the same thing that I did with the video, still starts to make me feel nauseous when I think about any of it. So, as you can see, that experience killed in desire to be a model of any kind...”

“Oh lord, I just realized I told you both all this, while in the female body that was shown on the video, commenting on the actions of my male self, while watching said video... My head hurts.”

Futaba shook her head, as she stated, “I feel for you.”

Meanwhile, Guy had long since doubled over laughing, on the flood.

Akira looked over at Guy, as she stated, “Laugh it up, girly.”

Between laughs, Guy replied, “Oh. I am just trying not to say any dumb blond jokes.”

This time, it was Futaba's turn to burst out laughing.

Akira decided to save herself any more embarrassment, and she changed back into a guy, with a sneeze.

(_)

A little while later, Birdy walked up to Ranma and Natsuru.

The two men were finishing a conversation they were having.

Natsuru inquired, “So, are we good for this plan, tomorrow morning?”

Ranma replied, “Sure. I will be up by then.”

When Birdy reached them, she said, “I hope you two are making yourselves at home.”

Both men turned to Birdy, as they smiled at her.

Ranma answered, “Yes. We are. And this ship is interesting.”

Birdy turned to Natsuru, as she requested, “Natsuru. Could you please let me speak with Ranma, alone.”

Natsuru replied, “No problem.” He then walked away from the two.

Ranma looked over at Birdy, a he asked, “So, what did you want to speak to me about?”

Birdy took a few moments to responded, “This is a difficult thing for me to ask of you. It is very big favor. But, this morning, Tsutomu and I were informed of some troubling news about our health.”

Ranma grew concerned, as he inquired, “What is it?”

Birdy changed to Tsutomu. He stated, “What Birdy is trying to tell you is that our personalities are dying.”

Ranma quickly replied, “How? Is there anything I can do to stop it?”

Tsutomu answered, “No. There is nothing you can do. The tragic part is that the only way to stop it is for one of us to have our personality destroyed. Which we both refuse to let the other do. What is happened is called a balanced mental fusion.”

“When I first started sharing Birdy's body with her, we were always under the constant risk of a mental fusion. This is where one of our personalities dominated the other personal to the point it overwrites the others personality.”

“This is not what is happening. What is happening is that our personalities are merging equally with each other. This is due to us sharing the body, and trying to accommodate the other. The barriers set up to prevent this have degraded completely, and there is nothing stopping the merger. We have already partly merged to the point that trying to transfer one of our consciousnesses to another body would likely kill us both. And within a year, or so, we will not be two people in one body. But, one composite personality in one body.”

Ranma was slightly confused, as he responded, “I can see how this could be a problem. But, why do you two treat it like it is the end of the world?”

Tsutomu confessed, with grief in his tone of voice, “Because we are both deeply in love each other. And, as twisted as the phase is, we cannot stand the thought of being apart. And when we merge, there will be only one lonely voice. Instead of two loving voices to keep each other company.”

Ranma quietly said, “Oh.”

Tsutomu changed back to Birdy. She begged, “We want to use the time we have left to its fullest. To truly express our love to each other. But, there are some things that people cannot do with just one body. Some things that require two bodies. And since we can swap genders, we require someone who can also change genders. We would like to ask your for your help, in having sex, so we can properly make love to each other.”

Ranma thought, 'Okay. Now, I understand why they wanted privacy.' He asked, “And, why did you pick me, to ask this of?”

Birdy pleaded, “Even thought you social skills are slightly lacking, I have found you to be one of the most mature men I know. You may not be able to express yourself that well, but you have a great heart. And that is what counts.”

“Also, you are the only gender bender that is available. Futaba is married. Akira and Natsuru clearly are interested in each other. But, neither are ready to take their relationship to the next level. I don't want to mess up what those two have going for them. This leaves only you. So, will you, Ranma Saotome, help I, Birdy Cephon and Tsutomu Senkawa make love to each other?”

Birdy could see that as Ranma was quiet, his face was a mixer of different emotions.

There was silence for several seconds, as Ranma thought over Birdy and Tsutomu's request. Ranma then answered, “Yes. I'll do it in the name of your love for each other.”

Birdy swiftly step closer to Ranma, as she hugged him. She said, with relief in her tone of voice, “Thank you, Ranma.”

(_)

Soon after, in Ranma's assigned, private quarters.

The lights in the room were dimmed, to where they could barely see each other.

There were closed, hot and cold water thermoses. All clearly marked. Red for hot. And blue for cold. With the thermoses standing on the nightstand by the bed. Along with a few condoms that they each planned to use, as needed.

Also, the bed in the room was large enough for two full grown adults to lay on it, side by side.

Birdy and Ranma had already gotten undressed, and they were currently looking over each other.

Ranma was still a guy, as he stood next to Birdy by the bed.

Ranma kindly offered, “I don't need to know who is in control. Just let me know what I need to do to help the both of you.

Birdy said, “Thank you. Would you please lay down on your back. As we change our gender, please change yours, as well.”

As Ranma laid back on the bed, he grabbed one of the condoms by the nearby nightstand.

Birdy mentally inquired, 'Are you ready Tsutomu? You are the one to come up with the idea. And I think it is very intimate way to use our unique situation to its fullest.'

Tsutomu mentally responded, 'Yes, I am. Let us in enjoy this.'

Birdy mentally replied, 'With pleasure.'

While they remained in Birdy's body, Tsutomu took control of their feminine form.

The few advantages the balanced mental fusion had given them was the ability control their body at once, and to feel both their emotions and body at the same time. Thereby enhancing the experience for both them, as they literally shared the pleasure the other felt.

The plan was simple. Birdy was still mostly mentally female, and she preferred to be intimate as a woman. On the other hand, Tsutomu was still mostly mentally male, and he preferred to be intimate as a man.

Though, making love was not so much about personal pleasure, but helping bring pleasure to one's partner, or partners.

So, the one that would do all the work, while they made love, and were intimate, with Ranma's help, would be the one that preferred to be in the opposite gender than they currently were. This would allow the one that preferred the gender they current were to just enjoy the pleasure of experience, without doing any of the work.

As Tsutomu climbed on top of Ranma, on the bed, she became intimate with Ranma, while kissing him deeply. When Tsutomu leaned up a few times between kisses, Ranma used his hands to enhance her pleasure. All the while, Birdy was relaxed, as she enjoyed the ride, all the way to the finish, for all three of them.

Afterward, Tsutomu rolled off of Ranma, as she gave Birdy control of their body. Birdy then shifted into Tsutomu's masculine body.

Ranma saw this, and he grabbed the blue thermos of cold water. He opened it and used just enough water from it to change into a girl without getting soaked, nor soaking the bed.

Meanwhile, Birdy reached across Ranma and grabbed one of the condoms.

Birdy then gently when down on Ranma, while he alternated between using his hands to pleasurably caress other sensitive body parts of Ranma's female form, and passionately kissing her.

Both Tsutomu and Ranma enjoyed all of Birdy's work.

When they were ready to change over, Birdy got off of Ranma, and shifted back into a woman, as both she and Tsutomu then shard control of their body.

Ranma whispered into their ear, “Now, let me show you how it's done.”

Ranma then got up from the side of the bed. She then used the red thermos bottle of hot water to change back into a man.

He then grabbed a condom from the nightstand.

Afterward, he slowly walked around to the end of the bed.

When there he softly grabbed Birdy's legs, as he gently pulled them to where their knees were dangling off the end of the bed.

It was then that Ranma carefully parted their legs and became intimate with them. He soon leaned down, while he used his hands to massage the more pleasurable parts of their body. He then made a trail of kisses up their body that lead to their mouth.

All Birdy and Tsutomu did was lay back and let Ranma do all the work.

After Ranma's work was done, both both Birdy and Tsutomu, along with himself, were satisfied, then he lean over, and laid down on the bed beside Birdy and Tsutomu's left side, with his legs hanging off, as well.

They laid down beside each other, a smile on their faces, as they looked as each other. All the while, the three of them enjoyed the afterglow of the experience, in blissful silence.

To Be Continued...

(_)

Author's Notes:

I tried to keep that love scene as clean as possible.

To that end, the love scene at the end of the chapter was inspired by the ending to the gender bending movie, Zerophilia.

While the Zerophilia movie was not great movie, the ending had one of the best, most tasteful, and emotionally touching gender bending love scenes I have ever seen. And a very clean one, at that. The movie is worth watching for that one scene. So, you readers know how to do a gender bending love scene right, without it turning into porn.

Also, the made song for the movie, Zerophilia, “Through”, by Edie Pijpers, is very good. And the song fit wonderfully with that love scene in the movie.

As I stated before, the drawbacks to writing about the gender bending romances is when it is time for the love scene, you cannot just close the door to the love scene, and cut to the morning after.

You have to at least state which gender both characters are before you leave that scene. Otherwise, it is just poor writing.

This is doubly true when there are also multiple characters inhabiting one body during said scenes. Where you have to write who is in control of said body, and what gender that character physically is at that moment.

To be honest, I was uncomfortable with writing that scene between Birdy, Tsutomu, and Ranma. Also, I tried to keep the scene as vague as possible, without the scene breaking apart from lack of details. With only events stated were who was in control of what body, and what gender each person was, at the time.

If you are wondering. This scene is needed for the plot. It was one of those scenes where I had to bite the bullet and write it.

(_)

The bikini contest that Akira mentioned, happened in chapter forty-two of the Gacha Gacha Secret manga. It only makes sense that such an event would be recorded, and make the rounds on the internet.

And yes. Akira is that twisted. While the Gacha Gacha Secret series is fairly, it is stated in the series, and partly shown, with no nudity on the magazine covers, that Akira, and his close male friends, have quite the porn collections.

As such, it is not suprising that years later, Akira, as male, would stumble upon that video of herself, at the bikini contest, and not realize it is herself, until it was to late.

The next chapter is going to be a roller-coaster. From comedy, to drama, to unexpected surprises.

Until then. Have a great day.

up
67 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos