Magic of the Kingdom - 2 - Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Printer-friendly version
Magic-Kingdom-title.jpg

Josh Peterson has just scored the job of a lifetime - or at least the best job he can hope for without leaning on his parents for references - as a janitor at The Magic Kingdom, but when fate intervenes and he finds himself alone with the costume of his favorite Pixie Hollow character, his life takes a whole new turn.


The wild adventures tour guide smiled as she announced, “Ladies and Gentlemen, we have two very special guests. It seems Tinkerbell and Silvermist are joining us today.” Tinkerbell and Silvermist climbed aboard the trolley to a chorus of cheers and claps from the crowd.

“Excuse me,” Tink said, raising her hand, “Is there a 'no being devoured by lions, tigers, or bears' guarantee on this tour?”

“Oh my.” The woman laughed, “Why yes of course Tink, nothing will eat you on this tour I promise.”

“Oh, good! Because Fawn can tell you stories...” she trailed off as she took her seat.

Silvermist sat down as well, “Oh, do we get to see any wild Lost boys on this trip? Or maybe even Tigerlily's tribe?”

“Oh that would be exciting,” Tink giggled.

“We might see some Lost boys on this trip, you never know what’s out there.” The tour guide laughed. “Over 25% of Disney-owned land is actually completely wild nature preserve.”

“I didn’t know that.” Tinkerbell stated. “We spend most of our time in Pixie Hollow, or in Neverland.”

“Wow, me either,” Silvermist half-whispered, genuinely surprised as the trolley got underway, and the official tour began.

After the trolley portion of tour was over, they still had some time to kill in the Animal Kingdom before they were expected back. They meandered around looking at the lion cages since they really was in no rush to go anywhere.

“Hey there’s Silvermist again.” Silvermist heard her sister’s familiar voice call excitedly.

“Oh, hi again!” Silvermist said, waving. “Have you guys met Tink yet?”

“Yeah we met her earlier.” One of the other girls giggled. “She was having a snowball fight with Periwinkle.”

“Losing a snowball fight,” Tink giggled softly. “I may be the Queen of Hide and Seek, but my sister can throw a snowball like nobody else.”

“Tink and I were going to go look at the Bears next. Lions and Tigers and Bears you know.”

“Oh my,” Annie giggled.

“Hey, I thought this was Florida, not Kansas,” a young teen girl with long, strawberry blonde hair in pigtails laughed. She had on a sequined Barbie pink tank top over a white tee shirt, and a pair of wraparound sunglasses on top of her head.

“Ohmygosh, I know you!” Annie squeaked out. “I didn’t recognize you with the pigtails. I LOVED “My Brother Mark”. My sister got me hooked early and we watched like, every episode together.”

It was, in fact, Megan Stuart, a well known, openly transgendered actress, formerly a Disney US star who moved to Australia a year ago, though she had also featured in as a major character in a sci-fi movie “Dark Days” while her Disney contract had been under review for renewal last year, and a made for TV Lifetime movie about a transgendered girl’s struggles filmed on location in Sydney.

Megan giggled as she signed the girls’ autograph books. “You have me at a disadvantage,” she teased. Megan was Annie’s age - about 13 or so, and seemed to share the girls’ love of the park. Famous or not, she was here as a guest.

“Oh! I’m Annie, and this is Gretchen and Crystal,” she said brightly. Gretchen, despite being Annie’s and Megan’s age, had hit puberty already, and in a big way. She was the same height as Annie, but better endowed, like a miniature woman. Crystal was closer to Annie in terms of the spread of baby fat and lack of much endowment. She also wore red glasses, and tended to stay quiet.

“Nice to meet you,” Megan answered. “Did you guys see the ‘Megan in the Middle’ shorts up on Disney.com?” she asked. “It’s not something either me and Jule or the writers are really attached to, just something we threw together in a half hour, and they ran with it.”

“This is so cool,” Gretchen finally spoke up, trying not to act too much like a fangirl as Megan joined them. “I knew from your interviews that you were really down to earth. Your official blog never said anything about you being here in the States though.”

Megan laughed and nodded. “Yup. We kept it under wraps because Juliette and I are filming a pilot for a secret project. I’m here doing some Disney 365 promos. This is actually my lunch break though. Hope you guys don’t mind if I spend it hanging out with you?” she asked. The girls all shook their heads.

“Juliette is here too?” Annie asked hopefully.

“She’s back in Hollywood actually,” Megan said, shaking her head. “But she’s flying over later this week!” she bubbled, as a woman with a headset waved to her. “Oh, just a second,” she said as the woman approached.

“We’ve got everything we need Miss Stuart,” the woman said, smiling. “If you want to take the rest of the afternoon off with your friends.”

“Oh, excellent,” Megan said brightly as she turned back to the girls again. “Shall we?”

Tink and Silvermist followed a bit behind, and Silvermist whispered, “Oh thank god for small miracles. That’s my kid sister i mentioned.”

Tink giggled quietly. “Just relax and let out your inner Sil. You’re doing great.”

Megan looked back over her shoulder as the pixies caught up again. “I gotta say, it’s so awesome to actually meet the Pixie princesses.”

“Isn’t it though?” Annie said cheerfully, turning the proverbial spotlight directly back on the pixies. “It was the major reason I came here today actually. I wanted Tinkerbell and Periwinkle’s autograph. I didn’t realize Silvermist would be here too.”

“We’re expecting even more of our friends from Neverland in the next couple of days,” Tink chimed in. “Even Vidia's thinking of coming.”

“I managed to sneak away early,” Silvermist laughed as Megan held out her phone.

“Say sneeze,” she teased.

“Morning dew!” Silvermist said cheerfully.

“Sneeze!” the others added, as Megan snapped a selfie. “I hope y’all don’t mind if I have my publicist put this on the website?” she asked. The girls all shook their heads.

“As long as we can download a copy,” Annie giggled. “I want to print it off and frame it!”

“Hey,” Megan laughed, “You do that and bring it around my hotel tonight, and I’ll sign it for ya too. Maybe the pixies will sign it too? Or at least my copy,” she winked.

Silvermist giggled. “Sure, we’d be honored.

~oOo~

The group of girls walked through the wilderness park together, wiling away the afternoon, and when they arrived back at the trolley, Megan made sure to give Annie and her friends her private email address so that they could stay in touch. By the time the trolley arrived back at the station, it was getting close to time for the girls to go home, so Annie walked up to Tink and Silvermist, and gave them both a hug.

“I really want to thank you guys for spending so much time with my friends and me. We only just moved here a week ago, and this totally cemented my new friendships,” she whispered so Gretchen and Crystal didn’t hear.

“Oh that’s fine,” Tink answered warmly. “I had to show Silvermist around the park as it’s her first time here as well. We’ll be out in the rest of the park again tomorrow, or she might be with Peri. It’s hard to say day to day.”

Annie laughed. “I think I wanna work here when I grow up. You guys are too much fun,” she said, and then turned to rejoin her friends.

“You okay?” Tink asked, once they were comfortably out of earshot of anyone. Silvermist laughed.

“Yeah... Just trying not to cry a little. Seeing her so happy gives me the warm fuzzy feels. I’m glad she’s making new friends. I just never thought I’d be part of making it happen though.”

Tink took Silvermist into one of the small buildings that said ‘employees only’ that was nearby, “I think you need to wash your face and put on some new makeup sweetie.”

“I swear I’m not normally this emotional,” Silvermist laughed again, giving Tink a hug. “Thanks for looking out for me.”

“It’s ok.” Tinkerbell answered and hugged Silvermist back, “It’s what we do here. We’re pixie sisters after all. Why don’t you head over to see what wardrobe’s picked out for tonight, and I’ll let Peri know you’re joining us for dinner? Remember till you take that off, you’re still Silvermist.”

Silvermist giggled a little as she splashed water on her face. She didn’t quite understand what Tink was trying to say “Well of course I am, Dew Drop.”

“Just know that we’re an inclusive family, and we don’t judge,” she said and squeezed Silvermist’s hand. “There’s fresh makeup in the bin. Just grab whatever you need, and label a ziploc with it when you’re done.”

“Hm? Oh!” Silvermist said, finding a drawer full of ziploc bags with makeup products in them, each labeled with a different actress’ name, as well as unused containers of makeup in every imaginable shade, style, and in the cases of lip makeup - texture.

“They’re all over the park like this,” Tink laughed. “It’s great for emergency touch-ups.”

Unfortunately, since Josh had absolutely no makeup experience prior to this morning, he decided to forego reapplication in favor of cleaning up what was already applied, washing away what he could safely get. “Man, I have got to learn how to do this so I’m not running to Rachel constantly,” he sighed, thinking he was alone.

“Rachael's the best.” A girl called out from a stall next to the sinks causing Silvermist to jump. A toilet flush followed, and a few seconds later Ariel emerged to wash her hands. “Professional makeup can be pretty daunting. Want some help?” she asked.

“Oh, um thanks.” Silvermist swallowed sheepishly..

“It’s no problem. When I first started, I only knew how to apply lip gloss and eyeshadow so Rachel had her work cut out for her!” Ariel giggled.

Within a few minutes, the Little Mermaid had the water pixie looking as good as new again, as well as giving her a few tips along the way, even showing her some shortcuts. When she had finished, she put everything into a ziploc bag for her, signing it ‘Silvermist’, since she didn’t know her real name.

“Now you’re ready to meet your public,” she teased.

“I’m almost ready to head back to Neverland for the night actually.” Silvermist giggled.

Ariel laughed. “You’re lucky. I have to stay in character until tonight, but I get the weekend coming weekend off.”

“I heard there was a mermaid birthday party or something, I’m sorry.” Silvermist said sympathetically.

Ariel nodded. “I don’t mind really. It just makes having a social life hard sometimes, but when you see the look on their little faces, it makes it all so worth it. I wouldn’t trade this job for anything,” she bubbled, giving Silvermist a sisterly hug. “Welcome aboard by the way. I’ve been hearing stories all day about you,” she giggled.

“Is it true that we are encouraged to act in character but also partake in the park as well?” Silvermist asked.

“Oh absolutely. This morning I rode the teacups so many times I thought I’d never stop spinning,” Ariel laughed. “It’s great for the guests to get to ride rides with their favorite characters, or just have lunch together or whatnot. I bet there are a thousand youtube videos of me out there too.”

“Neat! I came as myself yesterday, but this place is so huge that I didn’t get a chance to take it all in.” Silvermist said as they started for the door together.

“Oh no, not you again!” Hatter groaned as Silvermist emerged. “I was expecting a Little Mermaid, not a little tea pot thief!” he teased.

“Oh, but I didn’t take your tea pot, and I only said I wanted to borrow your hat as a boat.” Silvermist corrected.

“Oh that’s right,” Hatter half-mad giggled. “You’re the hat thief. The green one is the tea pot thief!”

“I didn’t take your hat.” Silvermist protested, “I borrowed it and did some fishing in it.”

“But there aren’t any fish in my hat!” Hatter stated firmly.

“Nope, I tossed them back.” Silvermist affirmed.

“Oh, well that’s okay then! Catch and release,” he said, nodding, and tipped his hat to her. Underneath, she could see he had Aladdin’s fez again. “Now, where did I put that Alice...”

“Here I am!” Alice announced behind him as she emerged from a nearby cafe. He jumped and spun around.

“I think Peter put Aladdins hat inside the Hatter’s,” Silvermist mock whispered to Alice, while pointing to the cartoonishly big purple top hat.

“Oh really?” Alice mock whispered back. “Hatter dear! Would you mind taking off your hat for a moment?”

“You’re not going to steal it and use it for a fishing boat are you?” he asked, eyeing Alice suspiciously.

“I’m not tiny enough to use it for a fishing boat.” Alice stated.

“Well you could be if you ate a mushroom,” He insisted.

“Well I don’t feel like eating mushrooms right now.” Alice assured him, daintily placing her hands on her hips.

“Well alright then,” he said, and took off his hat in such a way that the fez tipped and fell into it, hiding it completely. “I think I look better with it on, personally.”

Silvermist giggled and reached over to pluck the fez from inside, and Hatter looked astonished. “Hey hey hey! How did you do that?!”

Silvermist giggled, “It was already in there.” she assured him.

“Was not,” Hatter answered.

“We should return it to Al.” Silvermist changed the subject, “I bet he's looking everywhere for it.”

“That’s a good idea,” Alice giggled as she looked around. “Has anyone seen Aladdin?” she asked, and Hatter chimed in.

“Tall, wears a princess on his arm?”

A cute little Cinderella clone spoke up, “He was over by the fountain,” she said, pointing down the street.

Hatter put his finger in his ear like he was speaking on a non-existent communications earpiece. “Mother duck this is Hat trick, we have confirmation on one bread thief missing his lid, possibly located in the vicinity of the fountain!”

“Who are you talking to?” Alice asked.

“Wha?” Hatter answered. “I wasn’t talking to anyone-” he stopped as Silvermist took off at a fast pace with Aladdin's fez towards the fountain before the Hatter could finish, giggling the entire way.

“Hey! That pixie just stole Aladdin’s fez!” he called after her.

Alice giggled and shook her head, “I think Silvermist has been hanging out with the lost boys too much.”

Aladdin was still at the large fountain, signing autographs when Silvermist approached. Jasmine cleared her throat. “I think Mister Pan has been up to mischief again,” she said in a voice that sounded like she was trying hard not to laugh.

“Some of us Pixies have to be sensible.” Silvermist said sweetly and offered Aladdin his fez back.

“Ah, I wondered what happened to this! I put it down to play musical chairs with Hatter and Alice earlier so it wouldn’t fall off in the excitement, and when I got back it was gone,” he laughed, and bowed to Silvermist. “Milady.”

Silvermist giggled, “It’s no problem. Aladdin, when you see Genie tell him Hi from us!” She waved and, as she wandered off, almost walked right into Goofy. “Sorry,” she said sheepishly.

Goofy gave her an animated ‘it’s okay’ kind of shrug and hugged her, posing for a picture from a nearby park-goer, before letting her go on her way again with a big, goofy wave.

Silvermist giggled as she stopped right outside a soda shop, “I love that Goofy. He's such a great... whatever he is.” she said, casually taking a seat and over a menu. It was a quaint little open air cafe and soda fountain, with round tables set up, and an old fashioned bar counter at the back.

“Oh I left my coin purse in Pixie Hollow.” she sighed. She was due back at wardrobe, but she was really craving something cold to drink. She set down the menu, and started to get up to leave again.

“Oh that’s alright,” a passing waitress said as she stopped at Sil’s table. “Pixies eat free. What can I get you?”

“Oh! Can I get a coke and a chili dog, light on the chili?” Silvermist asked sweetly.

“Sure thing hon,” the woman replied, paused, and added in a whisper, “And if you don’t mind me saying, you look just like Silvermist.”

“That’s because I am, Dew drop.” Silvermist giggled out, winking back. The woman laughed softly as she stepped away to get her order.

As she ate her light snack a couple of young girls sat down with her. They looked to be about 11 or 12, “Hi, can I ask you a question?” the blonde haired girl asked.

Silvermist politely put down her chili dog and neatly folded her hands as she leaned a bit forward. “Well of course you can.”

“If Pixies are so small why are you so big?” The girl asked. She looked like she wanted to believe in Pixies and that Josh really was Silvermist but she was having troubles with the whole pixies are inch high concept.

“Oh, that’s easy!” Silvermist answered in her best bright and friendly tone, while Josh concocted a quick answer. “The same magic that shrinks you to an inch tall when you visit Pixie Hollow makes us human sized when we leave. Tink can explain it better, being a tinker fairy, but it has something to with pixie dust I think...” Silvermist looked just slightly off to one side, the way one of the characters would if they were thinking intently about something, and then glanced back at the girls with a smile.

“That makes sense!” The girl giggled, “Thank you Silvermist.” she hugged Silvermist before taking off with her friend.

“Aww, you’re welcome sweetie,” Silvermist said after the girls. She felt a little guilty inside, but they were told to stay in-character at all times. Besides, there was nothing wrong with believing in magic here.

“That was really awesome Silvermist,” one of the staff at the soda shop spoke up. “Helping them believe in the magic of the park.”

“I heard that when a baby laughs pixies get their wings, but all it takes is someone saying they don’t believe to kill them.” One of the guys that worked there added.

“Unless you clap really hard,” Silvermist added with a nod. “Besides, there’s enough people lining up to tell them Santa, the Easter Bunny, and their other heroes are fake. They should be allowed to enjoy being kids here.”

“Exactly,” an older woman behind the nearby counter said with a chuckle. “You know, you remind us of Tink? You come back by anytime. You’re always welcome here.”

Silvermist, feeling uplifted now, smiled brightly as she cleared her table of its paper plate, taking her half-empty soda cup with her as she started back for wardrobe.

up
399 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Every character I saw at

Every character I saw at Disney World a couple months back pretty much support what is written about them staying in character at all times, whenever out and about in any area that they may run into a guest/s. I am really enjoying this very cute little story, and I did love Silvermist's explanation regarding little pixies and human sized pixies. Makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Considering how much they dew

erm DO, they are underpaid imho. Being on-stage so to speak for an entire day and have to act as ambassadors for the company as well as entertain guests nonstop. I doubt a lot of them can continue doing it for more then a few years before burning out.

I visited Animal Kingdom about 3 years after it opened and it is a really nice place. The animals run loose pretty much (at least the birds do.)

Being the TOTAL cynic that I am...

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

" I doubt a lot of them can continue doing it for more then a few years before burning out."

I'd bet the hiring company (I won't use the name 'Disney" here, because I do not want name anyone specific.) wouldn't have anyone in those pixie suits who has even ONE wrinkle. So as soon as the make-up starts to be 'age-concealing' it is likely, 'BOOT, out you go'. Mind you Hugh Hefner is also not known for keeping playmates much past their "blush-of-youth" period.

Oh, poooop, I forgot to include an 'I like this story' message. So where should I put it? Aw, I'll just let Zoe and Kit - ASSUME - that I like the story, by the fact that I took time to MAKE a comment. (Sure, that should work.)

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Pixie wrinkles?

Tiny Kline, the Tinkerbell who started the fireworks at the original Park, was 74 when she retired.

Jorey
.

I would venture it is a rarity

A businessinsider article had an 'inside' scoop on it all. But the friendships apparently are real. The 3 year guess seems spot on. There is nothing wrong on reporting on the reality of a job. I can see where Josh will get a lot out of this in terms of friendships and personal growth but eventually need to go out and find the dream art job. A Disney face character job is unlikely to be a long term career. Josh must have been REALLY good as the whole vetting process, audition-wise is not trivial.

Anyway, that said, Tink (or Olivia) apparently already knows about Josh (probably from paperwork) so may gain the supportive posse that seems to be at the center of Zoe's stories that makes the story so sweet.

Official Notice

You are now one of my favorite authors! Please keep up the wonderful work.


I'm a bibliophile, a nerd, a gamer, a MMA, and a girl

message me

yep that way you can't give

yep that way you can't give me up to the cops XP


I'm a bibliophile, a nerd, a gamer, a MMA, and a girl

message me

Lovely update :)

Lovely update :)

There's a lot of writers lib

There's a lot of writers lib taken in this story, as for one we learned there is no Pixie Hollow in DW only DL, and we know that Kelly would never have gotten the job as Peri but we really wanted to do this story and kinda throw in our own little twist on it.


Click Me!

=^.^=

Become a Patron!

Have a mew of a day!

thats the beauty of writer lib

wolfjess7's picture

writer lib allows us poor mortals to take an idea no matter how far out there and make it real in the minds of our reads. in the words of one of the most prolific writer of the twentyth century 'I am but a humble crafter of imagenation and worlds of wonder.' Piers Anthony said this in an interveiw shortly after releasing his Immortals Series. So from one author to another. Have Fun! and let the haters hate they will anyway. By the way I must say I love this story line. Just like Walter did you can a lot of fun with the right idea. Just look at the Mouse. =^_^=

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Don't see any hate here

Lot's of respectful commenting but no hate directed as far as I can see.

Just quoting

wolfjess7's picture

A very good freind of mine that is all. I remember her words whenever I post a NEW story chapter. =^_^=

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Can't wait

I can't wait to read when Megan and Juliette get to meet the pixies and their friends in their series LCA ( Lights, Camera, Action). That should be a nice chapter as well as this one!

watched the Tinkerbell movies more times than i care to admit...

laika's picture

(Great Fairy Rescue and Secret of the Wings being my favorites) So it's nice to be getting a behind-the-scenes look at Pixie Hollow, Very sweet and fun, and you can tell Josh's real life metamorphosis and journey-of-discovery is beginning already here on his first day as a Disney Fairy. I like the way the characters from unrelated stories/films interact, and that you touched on the Goofy question. He can't be a dog because he owns Pluto and that would be slavery. (I think he's something that escaped from the Island of Dr. Moreau, which come to think of it would make an excellent musical animated feature for Disney, with a tacked on romantic subplot and completely untrue-to-the-original happy ending, of course.)
~faith, trust, and pixie dust, Veronica

Name

I wonder what name she will choose and her parents reaction her sister seems to get what she is. I wonder if Tink was also transgendered.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna