Jessica's Story - Part 7

Printer-friendly version

Jessica's Story - Part 7

Jessica has started school, and earned the friendship of Rachel and Lisa, to add to that of Kelly. This friendship pays off immediately with trips to the swimming baths, and a birthday party. There is also news from their relatives in the north.

Jessica's Story – Part 7

Jessica left school feeling a little happier. Her new friends now knew her past but had accepted her. It was just a question of how Anne would cope when two more girls came by for the afternoon. Being invited to a birthday party was another thing to be happy about.

Sandra was a bit earlier leaving and met Jessica along the path, complete with Rachel, Lisa and Kelly.

“Hi Sandra! We like your new sister!” said Lisa.

Sandra stopped and looked at her. “What do you mean?”

“Your sister Jessica.” said Rachel.

Sandra looked to Jessica who smiled.

“They started nosing about and well, Kelly and I had to tell them.” said Jessica.

“And they're ok with it?” said Sandra.

“They're still my friends! And Rachel has invited me to her birthday party!” said Jessica.

“You can come too, if you like?” said Rachel.

“Sure, why not?” said Sandra.

Jessica said goodbye to them as she and Sandra made their way to the car.

“You are one lucky girl, Jessica Smith!” said Sandra. “How many more are you going to tell?”

“Hopefully none.” she replied. “They've sworn not to tell!”

When they got to the car, Jessica repeated all to Anne.

“So, more in the know. I don't suppose it hurts, so long as they don't tell. And a birthday party invite too. I suppose you'll want a new dress too?”

“I don't know, they've never seen me in a dress.” said Jessica.

“Well, girls usually like to wear something new at parties. Sandra invited too?”

“Yes mommy.” said Sandra. “And I think I'll be wanting a new dress.” looking to Jessica.

“We'll have to put something in your hair Jessica. It is getting long now.” said Anne.

“It's still way above my shoulders.” she replied.

“Oh, don't worry, looking at it, another few months and it'll be on your shoulders for sure.” said Anne. “No, I thought a ribbon might look nice.”

“Yes, it would!” agreed Sandra. “I'm sure your hair is long enough.”

Jessica smiled at this. She had put ribbons into Sandra's hair, but till now, only clips had been placed in hers.

When they got home, Helen came up to them.

“Had a phone call from the estate agents, it seems they've found a buyer for my house!” she said.

“Oh, that's great news. How long will it take?” asked Anne.

“Just a few weeks, just all that paperwork to do.” said Helen.

There had been some talk over what to do with the money from the sale. Both Anne and Helen had decided to put some of it away for the children, for them to use in later life. It was already becoming clear that Jessica's share would be used for one thing in particular. But for now, the money was going to come in handy to pay off the few remaining bills and make life a lot more comfy.

Jessica and Sandra went upstairs to try out ribbons.

“Come down when you're finished, I'd like to have a look.” Anne called after them.

“What is it?” asked Helen.

“Jessica has two new friends, both of whom are in the know. One of them has invited them to her birthday party in a few weeks.” said Anne.

“Well, that is great. Jessica is certainly blending in. But you said they were 'in the know'?” said Helen.

“They are, but like Kelly, are sworn to secrecy. The fact that this invite was made after they found out is surely a sign of trust.” said Anne.

“Well, Jessica is here to stay!” said Helen.

“She most certainly is.” said Anne. “Which reminds me.”

She went to make a phone call.

“Hello, can I speak to Dr. Anderson?” said Anne.

“Just a minute, she's busy at the moment.”

A few minutes later:

“Dr. Anderson speaking. Who is this?” asked Dr. Anderson.

“Hi, it's Anne Smith, calling about my daughter Jessica.” said Anne.

“Sorry, I don't have any record of you.” said Dr. Anderson.

“Whoops, I forgot, my name was Brook. I've got divorced since we met.” said Anne, realising the error.

“Ah, Anne Brook and Peter Brook, aka Jessica Brook. You've just divorced, I'm sorry to hear it.”

“Don't be, I'm not. I'm calling to give you a progress report. Peter is now officially Jessica Rose Smith and started full time as a girl on the 20th July. Now attending school as a girl.” said Anne.

“Ok, that's great. Any sign of him backing out?” said Dr. Anderson.

“Not a chance. She is very happy and is making friends. No trouble in passing.” said Anne.

“Okay, just keep me informed if any changes occur. If not, I can count on you wanting Jessica to have the testosterone blockers?”

“Very much.” said Anne.

“Ok, I'll have the name changes put on file. Thank you for the updates. Bye.”

Anne put the phone down and turned to Helen.

“Just giving the doctor an update. She wanted to know when Jessica would go full time.”

The two girls arrived moments later, both with ribbons in their hair. Anne looked and admired them.

“Well, ribbons certainly suit you. Though, lets tidy it up.” she said and adjusted the ribbon in Jessica's hair. “I've got a question for you, young lady.”

“What is it?” asked Jessica.

“You knew I'd be asking this question again. Do you still want to be a girl?”

“Of course I do, why do you think I am dressed like this?” she answered.

“Oh, that's good. You see, I thought you wanted to be a boy, but you look so much like a girl, I'm glad you've changed your mind.” said Anne with a sly grin.

Jessica just looked at her and smiled. Helen was chuckling.

“Of course you're a girl! I'm with you 100%!” said Anne, hugging her. “So, your hair is long enough for a ribbon. When its longer, pigtails can be done!”

“Mommy? Do Rachel's mommy and daddy know us?” asked Sandra.

“No, why?” asked Anne.

“They don't know about Jessica, that's all.”

“Oh, I see your point. No, I've never met them and they don't know you, I presume. Jessica, can you ask Rachel if she's told her parents about Peter and Sandra next time you see her?”

“Sure.” said Jessica.

“Children seem to be accepting of her, but adults are a different thing. If they found out about Jessica, there could be problems.” Anne said to Helen.

* * *

Jessica asked Rachel the next day at school.

“No, you're fine. My mom and dad don't know at all. I just knew Peter and Sandra were brother and sister. So, still want to come?”

“Very much!” said Jessica.

In class, Miss Abbot had an announcement.

“Next Friday, we shall be visiting the local swimming baths for swimming lessons. We will be doing this every week until end of term. So, make sure you have your swimming kit with you when you arrive.”

“You okay with that, Jessica?” asked Lisa.

“Should be. I do have a costume.” she said.

“What about something else?” asked Rachel.

Jessica was puzzled at first, before realising what the question was aimed at.

“That problem is sorted.” she replied.

When break arrived, Miss Abbot called her over.

“I'm a little concerned about you for next Friday. I'm worried you might be found out.”

“I've got some special pants on. It keeps it hidden.” said Jessica.

“But you'll need to take them off, surely?” said Miss Abbot.

“Not really, they are waterproof.” she replied.

“Well, I hope you're right. I don't want you getting hurt.”

Jessica told her friends about this and they vowed to keep her safe.

“We'll crowd round you if necessary.” said Rachel.

“I'm interested to see how these panties work.” said Lisa.

“Nice to see you with clips in your hair, anyhow.” said Rachel.

“Yes, now my hair is getting longer, I'm starting to wear them.” said Jessica.

“Any normal boy would throw up rather than wear hair clips. You are certainly a girl Jessica.” said Lisa.

“Thanks. I love being one.”

Jessica's secret remained safe partially to the help of her friends. They stayed beside her and encouraged her to learn all the playground games. But what helped most of all was how Jessica fitted in. Nobody figured out that Jessica hid a secret.

At home, Jessica told Anne about the swimming lessons and about how to avoid too much attention.

“Well, with that gaff on, nobody should be able to tell. So, it will get wet, but just dry it with the towel.” she replied. “The lessons are at the end of the day so if need be, we can dry it better here, you know you're safe here.”

Jessica wore her gaff everyday at school. Only at weekends, did it come off for washing. With the swimming lessons being on Friday afternoons, it wasn't effecting the routine.

When Friday came, Jessica was given her swimming costume, a bath towel, a hand towel and a comb, all placed in a plastic carrier bag.

“You can have a bath when you come home, to get rid of that chlorine.” Anne told her.

“What's that?” asked Jessica.

“Just the horrible smelly stuff they put in the water. It keeps the pool water clean.” said Anne.

Her friends were keen to see her outfit as well as the gaff. Jessica decided to keep them waiting.

They sat together on the coach and talked endlessly. Another class was joining them, so the coach was near full.

Upon arriving, they were shepherded into the changing rooms. Both teachers, being women went into the girls changing room. The swimming instructor, being the only male adult, went to keep an eye on the boys.

“So, let's see the costume.” said Rachel.

Jessica unwrapped the towel and took out the pink costume she had worn on holiday.

“Very girly.” said Lisa.

“I like it.” said Rachel.

“Very Jessica like.” said Kelly.

They all had plain design costumes, which made Jessica feel a little proud. But this was put to one side as she removed her clothes. Her friends were waiting for the revealing of the gaff.

“Wow! It looks real.” said Lisa, trying to keep her voice down.

“Ok girls?” said Miss Abbot, coming over to see them. Jessica had the feeling that she was there just to see the garment too. The gaff didn't get much viewing time as the swimming costume was soon put on over it.

The girls were all asked to get ready quickly, for this affected how much time they had in the pool. They put their belongings into lockers and attached the key to their wrists using the velcro strap.

“Anyone swam before?” asked Miss Abbot. A small number put up their hands. Jessica and her friends were not among them.

“So most are beginners? Ok, just follow me.”

They headed out to the pool, noticing the boys exiting from another doorway.

“Urgghh, what a smell!” said one of the other girls.

“That's the chlorine. Used to keep the water clean. Try not to get too much water in your mouth.” said the instructor.

Before they even got into the water, they were shown how to hold a float. Some were given armbands. After one lesson in the pool, most were still “doggy paddling”.

“Take a shower before getting changed please!” called Miss Abbot.

“Argh, its cold!” was the general cry as they felt the water from the showers.

After the quick shower, they all got their belongings and dried off. Jessica and her friends teamed up to try and dry each other quicker. They were soon being led back to the coach.

By the time they arrived back at the school, the other children were already heading out the gates.

“Ok, schools finished. Careful as you get out and see you all next week!” said Miss Abbot. She smiled at Jessica as she got off.

Sandra was already at the car when Jessica got there.

“You're late, sis!” she said, smiling.

“Have a good time Jessica? Don't worry, we'll have that bath full when we get back.” said Anne.

* * *

Jessica had grown to like taking baths, so it was no trouble in asking her to take one. The only downside was the removal of the gaff. Seeing her penis was an unwanted experience at any time.

“Tomorrow, I'll take you both out to get dresses for the party.” said Anne as she washed her hair.

“Thanks, I'd like that.” said Jessica.

“Ok, you're done. I'll put the gaff in the wash and then start on dinner.” Anne added. “Oh, and by the way, I think you need a new pair of shoes don't you?”

“Those ones I have are tight.” agreed Jessica.

“Might go two sizes up – last longer then.” suggested Anne.

Sandra was practising her times tables with Helen. She had a test coming up on all 12 and Helen was just aiming random equations at her.

“You need to know the tables off by heart and be able to tell me the answer to any in a flash.” said Helen. Sandra was struggling with the seven times table.

Jessica entered the room wearing a bath robe, her hair still damp, though the knots had been combed out.

“How far have you got?” asked Sandra as she entered.

“Got on what?” asked Jessica.

“Times tables!” said Sandra. “Some are easy and some are not.”

“I think we started 3's last week. Been adding and subtraction mainly.” she said.

Jessica went over to play with Edward. He was now 4, having had his birthday in June. In just under a year, he would be starting school too. It hadn't occurred to him that the girl who was now walking over to him had once been his brother. He had even learnt her name, though he hadn't quite got the pronounciation right.

“Jess-e-ka.” said Jessica.

“Jassaka.” Edward replied.

“No, Jess-e-ka.” said Jessica, emphasising the syllables.

“Jessaka.” said Edward, slight improvement. Jessica had been trying to get him to say it right.

“He can say a lot of words, but he still can't say my name right.” sighed Jessica.

“Don't worry, he'll learn. He's improved a lot in the last few months. He's already running around.” said Anne, peeping round the door. “Dinner will be ready soon. Jessica, I think you should be ok to put some clothes on.”

Jessica got up and headed upstairs. She came down with a t-shirt and skirt on.

“We need to get you some shorts, you must be tired of skirts?” asked Anne.

“No.” said Jessica. “I love wearing skirts.”

“Sausages and chips!” said Sandra as they went to the kitchen for dinner. “Yummy!”

“Well, as well as going to the shops to get you more clothes, Edward needs to have his hair cut and Sandra wants her hair curled again.” said Anne. “No, your hair is fine for now!” she added as Jessica frowned at the thought of going to the hairdressers again.

“What if Edward likes his hair like this?” asked Sandra.

“I don't know. You suggesting he might want to be a girl too?” asked Anne.

“He might! All girls then!” said Jessica hopefully.

“Well, I don't think that will happen. From what Sandra said, you were wanting to be a girl at around his age. Edward still likes his boys toys.” said Anne.

“He might want to be a girl though.” said Jessica.

“You may be right sweetie, but don't build your hopes up. Most people have the right body.” said Helen.

“Why so glum? You've already got one pretty sister who loves you very much, and you're growing into a pretty girl yourself.” said Anne. She then put an arm around her.

The next day, they headed for town. Helen came along too. First stop was the hairdressers, where they agreed to give Edward a haircut. Sandra had her curls redone. Jessica was glad that she wasn't having her hair touched.

“Maybe in a months time, you can have yours trimmed again.” said Anne, to which Jessica gave a dirty look.

In the shops, they headed for the boys department too. Edward was growing up fast and his clothes needed replacing. Jessica's old clothes were not being forgotten, but they were still a little too big for Edward.

The main challenge was the dresses. Sandra and Jessica had made a habit of being fickle. So many dresses and no idea which one to have. Anne was getting impatient and Helen merely smiled. Eventually, they settled on near identical dresses, Sandra: pale blue and Jessica: pink.

Then came the task of getting shoes for Jessica. She ended up with two new pairs rather than the planned one. One being more appropriate for parties, while the other pair would do for school and casual wear.

“Can't wait for them to start buying their own stuff.” said Anne. “This is costing me!”

“They're only girls. Who's heard of a girl with a small wardrobe?” said Helen.

Anne just smiled. Helen was right. Even her wardrobe had been crammed with clothes in her youth, and the thought of revisiting that aspect of her life had crossed her mind a few times.

Another week passed at school before Rachel's party came along. Rachel and Lisa were already discussing plans to spend some time at Jessica's house. All thoughts of Jessica's former self were quickly forgotten as she behaved so natural as a girl.

“Well, I can ask my mom and dad at the party about visiting you and Sandra.” said Rachel. She had developed a habit of pulling her hair in the hope of persuading it to grow quicker.

“Don't do that, you'll only pull it out!” said Kelly, noticing her do it.

“I'm just a little tired of waiting.” she said in defense.

“So is Jessica, but you don't see her pulling her hair.” said Lisa. “Besides, it does appear to be longer.”

“Does it?! How much?” she replied excitedly.

“About this much.” said Lisa, demonstrating with her fingers, a gap of about a millimetre.

“Oh, thats not fair! I thought you said it was longer. Thats nothing.” said Rachel

Jessica was the only one who didn't chuckle at this. She smiled, but sympathetically.

“Your hair will grow. As will mine. I've been waiting ages for it to be this long.” she said.

“Thanks Jessica. You're a real friend.” said Rachel. “You are most certainly not a boy.”

“I've got a new dress for your party.” said Jessica.

“Well, I can't wait to see you in it. Is this your first dress?” said Rachel

“No, I've got a few more at home.”

“I'd love to see them too.”

* * *

Friday was Rachel's birthday – she was 7. Her party was being held on the Saturday however. The swimming lessons went as planned and Rachel, Kelly and Lisa watched over Jessica as she changed into her outfit. Her swimming technique was still novice standard – she still had trouble picking her legs up. She wasn't alone, and only a few were showing signs of improvement. This gave her hope that learning to swim wasn't a lost cause.

Saturday was the day she was looking forward to. Wearing the pink dress and a matching ribbon in her hair, she bore no resemblence to her former self. Sandra had a blue ribbon in her hair to match her dress.

“I at least know where to find her house.” said Anne. Jessica had been given the address on a piece of paper.

When they arrived, it was obvious which house it was: there were banners in the window with “Happy Birthday!” on them. Rachel had been waiting on the other side of the door, for no sooner had they rung the bell, she had opened the door to welcome them.

“You made it! Love the dresses!” she said excitedly. She embraced the sisters in a hug.

“Happy Birthday!” they said to her, giving her a present.

“Thanks!” said Rachel, opening it to find a dress. “Another dress! Thank you!”

Sandra and Jessica went in, with Anne close behind. Lisa and Kelly were already there with their parents with them. Anne noticed Julia and decided just to say hello.

Rachel introduced the sisters to her parents.

“This is Jessica who is in my class and her older sister Sandra.” she told them “And Jessica is growing her hair too, mom. All my friends have long hair, I want my hair to be long too!”

“I thought you liked your hair shortish?” said her mom.

“I did. But I want it long now.” she said with sad eyes.

“Ok, if you insist!” said her mom, admitting defeat.

“Thanks, I want it down to here!” said Rachel pointing to her bum.

“Ok, ok, enough. Nobody else coming?” said her mom.

“No, everyone is here.” said Rachel. “Come along, I'll show you my room.” she said to Jessica and Sandra.

They passed a young boy on the way. “That's my brother Charlie, he starts school next year.” said Rachel.

“We've got a brother too, called Edward. He starts next year also.” said Sandra.

Rachel showed them her room: no different in many ways to theirs and Kelly's. Loads of dolls and soft toys plus a few pictures of Disney princesses over the walls. She had plenty of clothes too.

“Nice room! No dolls house then?” asked Sandra.

“No, not yet. Kelly has one, I know. “ said Rachel.

“Been there and seen it.” said Jessica.

“Thought we'd find you up here. Just reminding you that a certain girl's birthday tea is about to begin.” said Lisa. Kelly was right beside her.

“Oops, lets go down.” said Rachel, to Sandra and Jessica.

The parents were busy talking. Anne was making it clear that she didn't want anyone to know that she had “feelings” towards Julia. She was also keen to make sure that everyone knew that Jessica was a girl and nothing but one. She didn't want any more Adam Brooks.

“Ok, teas up! Where's my Rachel, she's due first helpings.” said Rachel's mom.

The tea was the usual buffet style. There were the usual things plus a quiche and canopés. Everyone tucked in as the girls were introduced to all the parents and Rachel showed off all her presents.

As soon as the buffet was good as finished, the cake was brought out. Rachel endured the usual song before blowing out the candles.

“Do wishes come true?” she asked to no one in particular.

“Yes they do!” shouted Jessica. Rachel just smiled at this.

After the cake was sliced and served, the party moved onto the games and some music. The adults were content to let the kids have all the fun. A game of musical chairs and pass the parcel (Lisa won a bag of sweets) were among the games.

“You'll have to come to our party in March.” said Sandra.

“Don't you mean parties? You have one each, surely?” asked Rachel.

“No, we just have the one. Our birthdays are close together, so we just have one inbetween the two days.” said Sandra, and in a whisper added “And the next one is Jessica's first!”

“Oh, it'll be special then!” she smiled. “But March is too far away. I want to visit sooner!”

“Our mommy will allow you.” said Jessica. “And hopefully Kelly and Lisa will join you!”

“Please make it soon.” she replied.

“Oh, is it true you want your hair to reach your bum?” asked Sandra.

“I was planning on that length but it'll take ages.” she sighed.

“Hmm, might try growing mine that long. Make a baby sister jealous!” said Sandra with a sly grin.

“If you do it, I will too!” said Jessica to her sister.

“Oh, rivals! Must be great to have a sister?” said Rachel

“Oh it is, when your hair is long and hers is shorter!” said Sandra. Jessica was not enjoying this.

“You're making Jessica cross!” said Rachel.

“I know! She knows I like her anyway!” said Sandra smiling.

“Well, Jessica has the nicer hair, even if it is shorter.” said Rachel, much to Jessica's approval.

Sandra decided not to comment, making Jessica happier still.

Rachel decided to leave them and headed off to find her parents. Lisa and Kelly decided to start a conversation with them.

“On about hair again?” said Kelly “I heard that Rachel wants hers super long.”

“Yes, and sis has been making me jealous again.” said Jessica.

“Just kidding.” said Sandra.

“So, what now?” asked Lisa.

“Rachel wants to come to our joint birthday party and just to visit.” said Jessica, explaining the birthday scenario again. “You're invited, though it is early.”

“At least by then, your hair will be long!” said Kelly, giving Jessica a small hug.

By the time the party was over, Lisa and Rachel had been given permission to visit Jessica and Sandra. The only thing to be sorted was when.

Anne soon got wind of the latest chapter in the hair growing contest.

“So I'm going to have to buy plenty of shampoo in the future. I suppose I'll have to grow my hair a bit longer just to keep up with you!” she said with a smile.

* * *

They arrived home and had hot chocolate before turning in for the night.

Sunday arrived and there was not much to do. The sisters were still discussing bum length hair.

“You know it will weigh a bit at that length, don't you?” said Anne.

“But it will look great.” said Sandra.

“And it will need extra care. In this case, the school needn't worry about casting Rapunzel if they do that as a play.” added Anne. “As for you, you were just happy to get it past your shoulders.” she said to Jessica.

“Yes, but after that it would be nice to have it longer.”

“Ok, I'll phone the shampoo factory and make an order for 100 bottles.” said Anne jokingly.

She went outside to hang the washing up, when she noticed something that had gone almost forgotten: a cricket set.

“Just to pass the time, anyone for cricket?” she said bringing in the bats.

“My cricket set. I forgot about that.” said Jessica.

“Well, you have been more interested in being a girl of late.” said Anne.

“Sure! We'll have a game.” said Sandra.

Anne had to wash the equipment to get the mud stains of them (they had been subjected to the rain.)

“Ok, so you want me to bowl?” asked Anne as the stumps were put up.

“Yes please.” said Sandra, tying her hair back.

So the sisters took it in turns to bat. It at least kept them occupied for a couple of hours. Anne only stopped to put the dinner on. Sandra and Jessica then went to see what was on the telly.

Monday came and Rachel told Jessica that she could come round on Wednesday. Lisa and Kelly had yet to confirm whether they could join them.

“Great, I'll tell mommy.” said Jessica.

“By the way, where was your dad on Saturday?” asked Rachel.

“He doesn't live with us anymore.” said Jessica. “He didn't like me being a girl.”

“Why not? You're a wonderful girl.”

“I know, but he thinks boys should be boys.”

“He was wrong. You were meant to be a girl.” said Rachel. “You are not a boy in the slightest.”

Next day, Lisa and Kelly confirmed that they too could make it. As a result, Anne was told to prepare dinner for three guests.

Wednesday came and after school, the girls were discussing what to do. Rachel had suggested that Jessica show off her dresses.

“What about my clothes? Don't you want to see them?” asked Sandra.

Having seen Sandra make Jessica jealous at the party, Rachel was glad to see the tables turned for once.

“Well, mommy has said she's got to get loads of shampoo for us. If we want our hair down to our bums, we're going to need it!” said Jessica.

“I'm still game for it!” said Rachel.

“We could make this our friendship pact – the really long hair club!” said Sandra.

“If that's to be the case, we need to grow ours longer too!” said Kelly. Lisa agreed.

“Well, we'll soon be the prettiest girls in the school!” said Lisa.

“So, we agreed? No more haircuts!” said Rachel and the group agreed on it.

They were all heading to their own homes first. Lisa, Rachel and Kelly were all going to get changed in to casual wear and then be driven to the Smith's house shortly after. Several parents were a bit amused when they learnt of their daughters hair growing plan.

“You'll have to wear it up most of the time and wash it more.” they said.

The girls were undeterred and stuck by their idea.

Anne got wind of the “clothes show” that was being planned and decided to help out. She told everyone to go in the living room while she helped Jessica with the dresses in the kitchen.

“Wow, you've got some great dresses!” said Rachel, as Jessica showed them off in turn.

“You sure you're a boy?” asked Lisa. “You're too pretty a girl to be a boy.”

“For fancy dress, she'd be the best princess ever!” said Kelly.

“Not without much longer hair.” said Sandra.

“Don't listen to her, your hair is bound to be better than hers!” said Rachel.

“Fashion show over. Time for dinner everyone.” said Anne, coming in.

“So Mrs Smith, did your husband dislike Jessica?” asked Rachel over dinner.

“He didn't like her wanting to be a girl. I was like him before I realised how much of a girl she is.” said Anne, a little surprised at the question.

“Well thanks for helping her. Shes much better as a girl.” said Rachel. Jessica blushed.

“So, it's true, you all want your hair down to your bums?” asked Anne.

“Yes!” they all said in unison.

“What then, to your ankles next?” she asked.

“Hmm, that sounds good!” said Rachel.

“What have I said?” said Anne holding her head.

“Just joking!” said Rachel. “What about having your hair longer?”

“Me? Don't know, might let it grow a bit. Things you do for kids nowadays!” said Anne, wishing she hadn't brought the topic up.

After dinner they went to Jessica and Sandra's room and played around with each others hair. Jessica at least had Rachel in the same boat as her. Rachel did know how to deal with shorter hair however and showed her a few things.

“Don't worry, we'll all be wearing our hair long soon enough.” she said.

“Yes, long like a princess!” said Jessica

The visit soon ended as parents came to pick up their daughters.

“Jessica is becoming a friend magnet, and that is something I'm pleased about.” said Anne to Helen.

Helen just smiled. “She's certainly one of the girls now.”

“Precisely, and it will help her in the long term.” said Anne. “By the way, do you think I should let my hair grow a bit more?”

Anne's hair, still dyed red, just rested on her shoulders.

“It's entirely up to you. I suppose a few more inches wouldn't hurt. But for the girls, they're just having fun, let them grow it. You're only young once.”

Anne smiled and went back indoors. “Ok you two, time for bed.”

* * *

The rest of the week went without any fuss. It was on the Saturday that Anne got a phone call from John.

“Hi John. How can I help you?” asked Anne.

“Just want to give you some news and other things.” he replied.

“Like what?” asked Anne.

“That Liz is pregnant.” said John. “We've only just found out.”

“Wow, that's wonderful! When's it due?” asked Anne.

“End of April, beginning of May or thereabouts.” said John.

“So, do you want a boy or girl?” asked Anne.

“Girl preferably, as Emma would love a sister.” said John. “She does have friends come over from time to time, but she would like another girl to play with on a regular basis.”

“So, what else did you want to say?” asked Anne.

“We was wondering if Christmas would be a good time to visit? You know we have a long way to travel.” asked John.

“Of course, it would make it all the merrier.” said Anne. “I'll just tell Helen.”

Anne found Helen and told her about John wanting to visit over Christmas.

“Let me speak to him.” she replied. “Hello, John.”

“Oh, hi mom.” said John. “No problems for Christmas?”

“Why should there be? You've always come down to see me then.” said Helen. “No, it will be a great time for the children too.”

“Oh, and by the way, you've got another grandchild on the way.” said John.

“Oh, that is wonderful news. Tell Liz I send my love.” said Helen.

“I will do. I just wish we could visit sooner, but with my work, getting the time off is difficult.”

“Never mind, it will make this Christmas all the more special.” said Helen.

“Yes, well I'd better be going. I'll talk to you again soon. Bye.” said John.

“Bye son.” said Helen.

“So, Christmas is going to be busy.” said Anne to Helen.

“Will be nice to have all the family in one place.” said Helen.

Anne then went and told the girls the news.

“So we'll finally meet our uncle.” said Sandra.

Sandra and Jessica spent the days as normal, playing with their dolls and practising styling each others hair. Jessica was almost going as far as to use a ruler to check if her hair had grown any further. Anne told her for the umpteenth time to be patient. She at least had Rachel for support. Her hair was almost the same length and she would tell Jessica if there was any difference at all.

Helen had gone to the estate agents to finalise the sale of her house. The money was to be put into an account for her. She later arranged for some of the money to go to the children, but they would only get access to it when they were 18. The rest of the money would help them live more comfortably.

One of the first major spends was a personal computer. Anne had wanted one of her own to get access to the websites that the library blocked. It was however for the children to use, for school work.

“Thanks mommy!” said Sandra and Jessica as they looked at it in awe.

“I think we need to keep Edward away from it though, for now.” said Anne as she took the mouse from his hand.

The girls went on to use it with guidance from Anne. Helen was not a fan of technology, but they managed to get her on it on the odd occasion. Anne discovered how the whole internet security thing worked and managed to block sites that truly were porn. The sites that were aimed at transgendered families were not. She looked at some and was amazed at how natural the kids looked. They reflected Jessica completely. Unless told, those children pictured couldn't be identified as being transsexual.

Anne realised that as long as nobody knew before hand, they wouldn't know that her youngest daughter was actually a boy.

up
127 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That is why I disagree

That is why I disagree completely with the 'Harry Benjamin' standards that are still so prevalent in use today. I honestly believe it should be left to the PARENTS and CHILD to make the major decision in their life/lives, not others who "may have" the welfare of the child in mind, but do not see the child on a daily or hourly basis as do the parents. What the parents truly need more than anything is SUPPORT, KNOWLEDGE, ASSURANCES and LOVE, that they are doing the correct thing for their child and at the same token the child needs these four things just as much. What has always amazed me is how little adults truly understand just how much children, even very small children actually understand and comprehend. Okay, I will get off my soap box now. Sorry, Janice Lynn