Hiring of Elaine Hall – 7

Printer-friendly version


Hiring of Elaine Hall – 7


By Jessica C

It was over five years ago, to keep my job I used my sister’s name…
My attitude necessitated a change to stay employed...
Late summer of 2008; the worst two four-letter words were ‘pink slip’...
Julie and I expecting our second child; would not be a good time to lose my job...
Passed over for job promotions in the past, I blamed everyone but me.

=^. .^=

Chapter 7
Some might think it was anxiety that caused Elaine to get up early at 5:00 a.m., the truth was it was exciting, but she wouldn’t tell anyone. She was dressed, drinking a cup of tea and reading a woman’s magazine until 6:45 a.m. when Lynn came out in her robe. Elaine wondered how it was so easy for Lynn to look so beautiful in a robe with no makeup.

Lynn asked, “So are you still willing to have the breast implants here on Monday if we can get it arranged?”

It is Friday morning and our corporation, or someone, has enough pull to get me into an appointment at three in the afternoon.

It might be strange but I’m especially embarrassed to have a man, Dr. Jack Reasoner as my doctor. He originally thought I might actually be a woman. He says, “You’re lucky if it was Bridgette’s mother Margaret Riley, who was behind you having this procedure. I would make you wait and think if you really wanted to go through with this? It has been close to three years since Bridgette has sent a client to us.”

Dr. Reasoner gave me a complete health check; he reviewed copies of my last physical. He caught me by surprise with what I thought was an unrelated question to my receiving of breast implants. “Have you stood up to pee in the last month?” When I told him arrogantly, “Several times at least.” His response was, “You might want me to fix that at the same time.”

Actually, I had almost been caught a few times, thinking it was safe to stand up to pee. I knew it would eventually happen that I’d be caught if something didn’t force me to sit when I peed. If agreed, I would have two procedures on Monday, but he already began with the hormone therapy today.

Apart from Bridgette, Lynn, and Julie, no one was to know I had the surgery. Somehow my mind was adjusting to completely see me as Elaine. I received a call from my daughter, Robin, at 7:00 that evening. “Daddy, Mommy said you will be able to stay the whole weekend." I heard her say, you need your new mommy parts to heal so you feel better. She said, "I should begin calling you Aunty Elaine. Is that okay with you?” When I said okay, she replied, “I still going to call you Daddy when we are alone, okay Daddy?”

Before she allowed me to talk to Julie she had me promise I would take her shopping.

=^..^=

Throughout the whole weekend, I was becoming more and more observant of other women. I was also becoming conscious of my weight and figure. I bought an aerobics DVD Friday afternoon and used it Saturday and Sunday. It takes some effort for me to follow the movements, to learn to do the various stretches and squats, and keep in time with the music and directions.

Lynn and I moved to her cousin Teri’s place on Saturday morning. I would be staying there until Wednesday morning. Bridgette would fly back to Naples on Monday. She and I were to drive home. Lynn informed me she was advancing my raise for the remainder of the year so I could resupply my wardrobe. She encouraged me to spend a portion of it on Julie and Robin as well.

Monday morning did not come soon enough. The hardest part was I stopped eating at 8:00 p.m. Sunday, though my procedures were scheduled for 2:00 in the afternoon. Luckily I was taken into pre-op at 11:00 a.m. as I was spared the last hours of waiting. Dr. Reasoner used implants that gave me two perky breasts. He put them through my underarms, saying it thus went under some of my normal breast tissue that could respond to the hormone therapy.

I will spare you how he fixed me below; it should suffice that the area looked flat and remarkably more feminine. The nice thing was there was no post-surgery bleeding or seepage. It was a little uncomfortable especially as numb areas regained feeling and then discomfort as I felt pressure where the skin was being stretched.

Once I got back to Teri’s I was able to change into a satin nightshirt with two spaghetti straps and wore a satin robe over it. I did stand in front of a mirror several times admiring the new woman in my life. I was surprised at 8:30 that evening when Bridgette arrived. Her mom, Margaret was with her and she showed me pictures of siblings (Allen) Allison, Carl, (Carlene), and Dennis.

Bridgette said, “I differ with my mother on many things, but one cannot fault her on how the people she helps turn out.”

Margaret Riley was the first to tell me to my face, “I expect you to choose to continue as Elaine.” I tried to argue with her, but she said, “It will be fine if you decide to return to being Dan. I can understand your thinking now and it will be fine if you do. I just hope you don’t go back to being the Grumpy B**d of a man they said you were. It would be such a waste.”

She did confess, she was proud of Bridgette’s success in helping people. When, I asked if there were others like her and Bridgette? She said, “There are probably eight people of note three in North America and four I know of around the world. Two in England and two elsewhere that I know of and one or two trying to emerge, but being successful and worth anything is hard to come by.”

Bridgette was alone with me after I got ready for bed. She schooled me, “Remember being a woman is not about having the parts or your appearance to others. You don’t need to go back to the old you to fail at becoming the person you need to be for good employment or your family.”

She smiled saying, “I did stop by to see Julie and left some intimate gifts she might enjoy seeing you wear.” When I asked what they were. She said, “It would be up to Julie when and if she wanted you to wear them with her.”

“Remember, I am striving for you to stay together as a family. I do not want you to be getting involved with others. It may be tempting and acceptable to most, but you slipping in one area of your life can easily result in falling back to bad patterns.”

We both acknowledge that I looked very different as I went to bed tonight. She got a phone call from Ashley as we were ready to say goodnight. Ashley asked her Mom if she could see and talk to me before I went to sleep. I gave my permission as I was interested in hearing Ashley’s opinion on how I looked.

Ashley, had trouble not laughing as she said, “Wow, Elaine are you becoming a woman?” I quickly said “No,” but I could tell I had not convinced her. She wanted to ask all types of questions. Some I did not want to answer, and well, others I was sore enough that they weren’t important or didn’t make sense to me.

I slept late on Tuesday, but Bridgette had a car packed and we made it to the northern part of Florida near St. Augustine before we stopped for the night. I use to drive all night, but this time as Elaine, I agreed not to. I like riding and talking with Bridgette. She has a very nice voice and we enjoyed singing when we weren’t talking. I think Bridgette was amused by how much she sees I’ve changed as a woman.

=^..^=

We were on the road early and it was not unusual when we stopped that some guys would offer to buy us something. Once we were invited to stop for drinks and maybe more. I couldn’t help as Elaine feeling both flattered and disgusted. Bridgette was amused as she could tell when I found a guy or a woman attractive. Once when we got back into the car to travel, she dropped two ice cubes down the front of my blouse. I tried jumping out of the car as they were stuck in my bra. Bridgette had automatically locked the doors to stop my escape.

She asked me if I had ever done it to Julie or other women and thought it was funny. She did not need my answer to know. The second night we had made it into Virginia. The next day we made it easy to New York City. I had fallen asleep on the last part of the trip. Bridgette had agreed to wake me so I could make myself more presentable.

I was worried about making a good impression with Julie and Robin. When she woke me, we were already in front of my home. Julie and Robin were coming out the door to greet us. I was soon teary-eyed as Robin jumped into my arms and Julie was there with a hug from behind and kiss.

It was especially embarrassing as my mother was there as well.

My mother previously had learned I was not living at home, but only on Tuesday did she learn that I was now dressing as a woman. She was glad to hear Julie and I were happily married and that I still had my job.

When I looked to her for sympathy, she gave me a difficult time. “Danny, no Elaine, I am very upset that you have caused this much trouble. While I am thankful, Bridgette is getting you to change your behavior and attitude. I didn’t know you had gotten so bad as to warrant something this radical. Does your sister know you have taken to using her name? You better hope none of her friends sees you in the city and mistakes you for her.”

“Mother, no one in their right mind would mistake me for Ruth.” Julie, as well as my mother, told me I was wrong. They even showed pictures of me now and my sister on their smartphones. Needless to say, my sister is naturally prettier but the resemblance is close enough. It was a half-hour later I received a phone call from my sister Ruth. She’s interested to know why I had myself made up to look like her. She plans to come to see me this weekend.

I was taken in by how beautiful Julie is in her eighth month of pregnancy. Truthfully, I had not noticed such things when she was pregnant with Robin. I felt bad that it took being Elaine Hall to be a better husband and father. I was relieved by how Julie and Robin warmed up to me. My mother took Robin out for breakfast in the morning.

I was tempted to try and undo my lower surgery to find some way to function as a man when Julie and I were together. Julie swiftly made it known it was not needed. She taught me instead of how to be gentle and to please her in ways that were pleasant to her. The next night we dressed up and went out to eat as a family. Julie chose a pretty peach dress for me that was short in the skirt and showed off my feminine curves. One man realizing I was not Julie’s female lover came over and asked me for a dance. I began to say ‘no’ when Julie spoke up insisting we didn't want to be interrupted.

“Auntie Elaine, Mom, and I both thought that was funny. We hope you weren’t too embarrassed.” Robin giggled as the little girl she is. I could not help but giggle with her.

It was momentarily awkward for Julie with her being pregnant and by some appearances that her lover was another woman. She did enjoy taking me shopping, helping me to get new clothes for work, leisure, and special times out.

It was the next morning that my sister Ruth came to visit. She said, “I gave up thinking this day would come. Though I am not surprised by your attitude towards women got you in trouble.”

Julie was the first to ask, “What do you mean you gave up thinking this day would come?”

Ruth said, “Mom caught him dressing in my clothes when he was about ten and Daddy got very angry and disciplined him. It was soon after that, Dan stopped doing it. He began getting angry with girls sometime after that. It was after that that he became more like Daddy.”

I was tired of talking with the women so I gave my attention to time with Robin. I was watching Robin play with her dolls when Julie and Ruth decided to go shopping without us. I was surprised not that they bought something for me but that they called me to our bedroom and showed me they had bought a fancy doll. I was to take it to my apartment so I could play with it and that it would be there when Robin came to visit.

=^..^=

Sunday evening, I needed to go back to my apartment, and Bridgette had sent Jerry her special taxi driver to give me a ride back. I was kidded about the number of new clothes. Once I got back there was a good hour of modeling some of my new clothes.

Bridgette had Monica, a nurse friend, come over and examine me to make sure I had no problems from the procedures. She also took time to explain female hygiene in a little more depth. She also gave me my next dosage of female hormones as well as a booster for my blocker. It was during her exam that I first experienced a new sensitivity to being touched.

I asked Monica, “Do you know whether Ashley had really been a street person?”

Monica said, “It probably puts a knot in your panties to have someone younger like that trying to help you. It should be enough to tell you, she wasn’t always Bridgette’s though she has both the beauty and intelligence of her mom.

=^..^=

The next morning when I got dressed for work and already, I saw a beautiful woman looking back at me in the mirror. I ran my hand over the top of my blouse and I could feel my breasts being touched. No longer did I need to fear my cleavage showed a seam where a breast form met my body.

I called for Jerry and went to work without going upstairs or getting Bridgette or Cathy’s approval on how I looked or asking if I could leave. Lynn was happy to see me come in before 7:30 a.m. There was work for the day on my tablet, but Lynn had Rachel, her personal secretary, and me to sit down with her. “Rachel, I need for you to communicate to our division that Elaine Hall is now permanently my Administrative Assistant. I want to hear the things she is doing right. I would like to be informed personally if anyone including our clients has any problems with her.”

“Today Tom Granger and Roberta Stillwell will be meeting with Elaine and me in preparation for a new client and a very significant announcement by the end of the week. Our meetings, information, and communications must remain confidential."

Rachel Steward spoke up, “A Dr. Josie Apgar called just before I came in. She said you wanted her to meet with Elaine at 11:00 a.m. Will that be okay or should I call back and reschedule that appointment?

“No, Josie’s one of the best. I think it is important that she and Elaine have a working relationship with all the demands on Elaine’s life.”

Josie Apgar’s name was new to me so I quickly asked, “Who is she, and in what area are we going to be working together?”

Lynn said, “You will know soon enough.” Lynn and Rachel went through a list of projects and responsibilities coming under the auspices of our division and Lynn’s office. Five of which I would have some responsibilities; I needed to keep updated with the remainder as Lynn’s Administrative Assistant.

Upon Secretary Steward’s leaving the office and fully closing the door, Lynn sat me back down. “I am giving you a key to the professional women’s locker and workout area. You are welcome to use it 6-6:45 a.m. when I’m to be there. If you want a massage, let me set up your first appointment. If ever I see your behavior become inappropriate I will fire you immediately.”

“Now, regarding Dr. Apgar, she is one of the top therapists in the city working almost exclusively with executives and professional women. Ms. Riley and I have decided it is time for you to have another professional working with you in support of your mental and emotional well-being.”

I joked, “Almost exclusively with professional women, is that because I am almost a woman?”

Lynn moved to sit directly across from me, “Elaine, what you are dealing with, would be challenging enough for a mature woman. Yes, while we believe you are very capable in many areas you could use the support of someone of her background and capabilities. You will, however, be given the final say if she is the person you want working with you.”

I speak up sarcastically, “But if I say ‘no’ to her, I’ll either be let go or given another bitter alternative, won’t I?” I partially resigned, but I get to voice a bit of sarcasm.

“No, not at all; you would be given a list of some twelve counselors from which we believe you would be able to find several agreeable possibilities. And while Dr. Apgar or the person of your choice would be paid for under the company’s plan; she will be exclusively your therapist.”

I reply, “Then why would I even want to consider her?”

“Bridgette has both a good understanding of what you are and will be working through. She thinks you should have someone objective and professional working on your behalf. She knows of Dr. Josephine Apgar and some people she has helped. She has visited with Dr. Apgar in the hope she would be willing to work with you. Dr. Apgar’s agreement would be dependent upon your mutual consent.”

We only had enough time to share cups of tea and light conversation before Rachel buzzed in, “Dr. Apgar is here.” Dr. Josephine Apgar is a psychiatrist, I suspect she’s about forty-five. The introductions are warm and cordial.

Lynn pushes a button to unlock a door to a smaller office off of hers. “Elaine, why don’t you take Dr. Apgar to your new office and visit with her. I will be here if you come to any decisions about working together.”

‘My office’, is not lost on me, Lynn and others seem to be going out of their way in helping me to make things work. As Ron had said, ‘I’m not sure about what others see in me that makes me worth their while, but I am pleased they do.

I stepped into the office with Dr. Apgar following me. I am sure my looking around made it obvious to Dr. Apgar that I was surprised and new to the office. I turn around and apologize for being rude.

There are two nice chairs in front of my desk and I motion for her to sit in one and I take the other across from her. “Ms. Elaine Hall, I would like you to call me Josie if you are comfortable. Please tell me how you would like me to address you, that could include Dan if you so desire. Though we are in your office I would appreciate being able to conduct this meeting.”

“It is my understanding that part of the situation might be seen as a disciplinary action, hoping to foster a positive change in how you relate to others.”

I speak up, “Yes, I guess you’re to help me accept my being a woman and to learn how to deal with working relationships with women?”

Josie, “Please, I understand how you might jump to that conclusion. I understand there are some issues there that we can work together on if you desire. You know Bridgette is an accomplished counselor for her young years. Underlying the work and family relationships, Bridgette thinks there is a greater issue of you being able to receive and feel love that sabotages many other areas of your life.” She pauses, letting what she has said to sink in.

I am staring off Josie’s left shoulder, picturing the last few days and time that I’ve been Elaine. I think of Julie and Robin, there is no trouble thinking how important they are. But I see it as one staying aloof; there’s the time of Bridgette and Cathy talking to me when they hit the sore spot of not feeling loved. I have been stepping through things trying to please Lynn and Bridgette. Trying to hold onto me. Their support and encouragement I turned away, deep inside I feel it as an intrusion and attack on me. Three images come to mind one is Robin accepting me as Elaine hoping this means I could be more like her ‘mommy’, but it is not a matter of appearance. Julie, I see her and hear her voice over the phone. She’s loving me, but even now I am holding her from touching me. The last image is most disturbing, several times I’ve seen myself in the mirror as Elaine and hurting. And I’m praying, I have felt love as Elaine, but I’m afraid. “Yes, yes,” I’m crying, “I would appreciate your help.” Josie has lightly touched one of my hands and I am looking into her eyes, smiling through tears. She has given me a tissue with which I dab my eyes and begin to regain my composure.

I thought only fifteen minutes had passed but it is closer to fifty. I expect the session will be over. Josie sits back, “Relax this first session often takes an hour and a half; if it runs longer that will be my concern.” We talked easily for another forty minutes over a range of things from growing up and my father, to my current family and work situation. She is not a big advocate of feminization as she calls it, but we agree, it’s probably a good place for me to be working through things right now.

Lynn has come back from meeting with someone as we invite her into my office. Lynn is surprised when I say, “I’m thankful you and Bridgette have introduced me to Dr. Josie Apgar. I’d like to meet with her weekly for a month and then she thinks I might be able to cut back to every other week.” Dr. Apgar confirms my statement and has me scheduled to meet with her.

=^. .^=

I have enough time to go to the restroom and to take care of things including fixing my face. Tom Granger and Roberta Stillwell are there and waiting with Lynn as I return. We go to an executive meeting/dining area for a late luncheon meeting. We have the choice of chicken or prime rib, wild rice or baked potato, and asparagus. I began with a salad but I’m starving and I’m glad when Lynn speaks up, “Treat yourself, young lady.” My portion of the prime rib is now petite, but I felt like I was indulging myself.

If the meal was satisfying, the meeting with Tom and Roberta was even more so. They had received our information and communicated with our new clients. They would be ready to begin implementation this coming week if the client was ready. Roberta and Tom expected our client not to make any announcement until the following Wednesday or that Friday. They expected to have a core team of three lead members for each regional center. They would take half their staff from our corporate pool with the other half being hired from those regions.

It was productive spending of three hours, but it meant Lynn and I still had at least another two hours of work. Julie came to the office unannounced at 5:00 p.m. she had been to her doctor’s appointment. Robin was with her and they had ultra-sound pictures of the baby. The day had been too much and I couldn’t help but cry with joy.

We took time so I could show them my new office. It was a third the size of Lynn’s office not counting her closet, filing room, and private restroom. Julie informed me she too was being given a new and larger office. She said, “I think it is their way of wooing me back after the baby comes.”

Lynn sits down with us, talking to Julie as well as me. “We usually give the men two weeks spousal leave. I don’t want to see Elaine falling off the wagon and backsliding but I’d be open to giving him three weeks if she’s really helping and bonding.”

Julie looks to Lynn, “I’m not sure either. I hear nice things about how Elaine is coming across, I am sure no one wants to see the ugly side of Dan reappear.” Julie smiles, “Maybe we will get a clue when Cathy and Bridgette have their baby and Elaine gets a chance to be domestic before and after work.”

=^. .^=

I was nervous to ask, “Lynn, I’m not really that hungry, but I would like to take my wife and daughter to dinner and make sure they are home safely. I know we have a lot of work to do, but you said I’m to take care of my family as well.”

Lynn is happy, “I agree, but I also need you to help get things done. Please try to be here shortly after 6:00 tomorrow morning to begin working.” Lynn lightly giggles, “If you’re being antsy means what I think, please take care of that before you go.” I was embarrassed that she realized I had to pee, but I quickly excuse myself and then come back.

I would have taken Julie to a more upscale restaurant, but we agree to go to a family-friendly place to eat. I tried calling Jerry to taxi us. But he sent Hector instead, saying he helped Bridgette with several things.

Robin commented on my legs as we were in transit. Julie said I was wearing the short skirt outfit that Robin had seen. Robin spoke in her cute voice, “Mommy, I think daddy’s comfortable as Aunt Elaine, he thinks he’s just another woman.” Looking up to Hector, I’m not sure if he is surprised by what he’s hearing.

We are soon to the restaurant and Hector tells me. “If you want to call me and I’ll help you get your wife and little girl home safely and then get you back to the apartment.” I thank him and got his number to call when I needed him.

We took an hour to eat and talk. There was a violinist who came to our table, he brought three roses when he came. “You are sisters-in-law, yes, but sisters at heart, no?” Julie smiles and says, “Something like that we are very special to each other.”

We had gotten up to leave and a woman came over to greet us, and I prayed I was wrong in recognizing her. “I’m sorry, I heard her mention your name as Elaine Hall. You don’t have a sister Ruth do you? You probably don’t recognize me but I’m her best friend from college, Beth.”

I spoke, “I’d deny it Beth, but I’m sure something would give it away.” We sit down for a moment. I introduce Robin and Julie.

Beth is joyfully excited, “I was with your sister and your mother and when I brought up your name, I couldn’t believe they said you were looking like her.” Beth turns to Julie, “OMG, I hope you like having your own little Ken doll and making him up as Barbie. It has to be better than the Neanderthal you had gotten stuck with.”

“I could forego the competition in fashion and looks,” Julie says. “But getting the person who is emerging makes it worthwhile. I would like to ask for discretion if not for us at least for his sister Ruth.” That soon being over, we were laughing as we went out to find Hector waiting for us.

It was a thirty-minute drive taking Julie and Robin home and another twenty-five back into the city and to my apartment

=^. .^=

It was still only nine-thirty, Bridgette and Cathy were anxious to hear of my long day. While I was exhausted, I too had a desire to visit. Cathy did not know about Dr. Apgar, but she understood the help she could be. She said, “I am proud of Bridgette and happy for you. It is good for one professional to know when to ask the help of another. I think it was Melanie who first spoke of the need.”

Bridgette talked about my change in the initiative. “Having left on your own in the morning, making your decision about Dr. Josie, and finally asking for time to take your family to dinner. How are you feeling I was worried it might be overwhelming?”

“To be truthful I’m not sure which I want more to be angry or cry.” Bridgette steps between me and Cathy and then comes around and starts massaging my neck and shoulders. Cathy scoots her chair back. I stand up and I’m all tense.

Bridgette says, “If you feel like you need to act on your anger, we can go down to your apartment. You and I could visit there if need be.”

I stare Bridgette in the eye, “You’re telling me you are afraid of me right now?”

“I believe you’re angry and want to explode, but I can handle that if you do. But I also think you did a lot of good things today that you don’t want to undo.” Bridgette waited to make sure she had my attention and that I was thinking.

She said, “So tell me about this morning when you got up and went to work on your own?”

“I just got up early and decided I wanted to do it on my own. I wanted to wear this skirt suit and to decide my own look. It wasn’t overboard but it was a step with me being comfortable with myself. I was surprised by how cute I looked, but it also had to be about how I did my work. So I made sure I got there early in case Lynn said something.”

“Did you worry that you would get in trouble? Did you know that Lynn called after she figured you got there on your own?”

“I knew by 8:30 when no one came down on my ass, that what I did was good, at least okay. When I first heard about Dr. Apgar, I thought someone was pulling my string and I was being set up again. I kept my cool and things continued to come together.”

“When Josie came and I started to get good vibes and Lynn suggested we meet in my new office. I tried to hold onto being upset and cynical, but it was hard and then impossible. When Josie first started to speak to me, I was cynical again. She was quiet and it caused me to think. I pictured Robin and then Julie and finally me, but I saw myself as Elaine and I knew I had felt love. I knew I was safe with Josie, and if I had a chance at being loved, it was with her help.”

“…I wanted to be angry with you and Lynn but I knew you cared and recognized that I needed Josie and freedom to be me if I were really going to make it. We, Lynn and I, had an important meeting and it went great and I was part of it. It was like okay that I was working as part of a team and not trying to get the glory.”

“When Julie showed up unannounced I thought I’d come unglued again. Part of me was angry that she hadn’t checked and got my okay. It was like she was acting on her own. She showed me the ultrasound picture of our baby girl. I began to cry as I hugged Robin. I did and didn’t want time with them. Part of me doesn’t want to care that it meant I was falling more into your and Lynn’s trap, feeling like a woman. But I also got what Lynn had said, taking care of my family was good for work too.”

I go quiet, I don’t want to say or feel anything. Not speaking worked, but I find myself first hugging Bridgette and then I approach Cathy. I’m worried about what Bridgette would do if I do anything inappropriate. I get down on my knees in front of Cathy. First I gently put a hand on her tummy where the baby is and then I hug her and put my cheek and ear on her. The noise around me goes quiet and I can hear a whooshing sound and small beats. I know it’s their baby.

“I’m going to be a mommy or daddy too.” I tell them,

To be continued…

(If you have not read Ashley Phoenix Riley, you might enjoy doing so. It is a completed story)

Please indicate if it’s a good story, and leave a comment or write to the author. Your comments are appreciated and helpful. Thanks, Jessica

up
187 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Still an excellent story...

I appreciate the compliment and hearing from you through AM. What you say makes a difference in more ways than one.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

what I don't get was why

what I don't get was why Julie was embarassed to be thought of as having Elaine be her lesbian lover after all she helped instigate the change in him including the breast implants, if she has a problem with it then why is she encouraging him to become more feminine? If that's how she truly feels the marriage will never last if he stays as Elaine, even if his attitude improves.
As far as his boss goes she claimed she would let him change back if he wanted to after his attitude changed but they knew before hand that the clients didn't like him and wouldn't accept him back even if he changed his attitude and introducing Elaine to the clients pretty much set the stage for him not to be able to come back and keep his job.
so if this is true it seems like he has been lied to, if he goes back to being a guy he is out of a job but may be able to keep his wife if his attitude changes, but if Elaine stays (which seems likely from what his sister said about his younger years) he loses the wife because she is embarrassed to be thought of as a lesbian, which would probably mean she would be uncomfortable having a lesbian lover, I just don't see it working out with pretending to be (Auntie) Elaine, kind of seems as though Julie would be back to eventually looking for a man in her life.

That Julie too needs room...

should not be a surprise. It will be a stretch if they both need to change.
...where Lynn and the company is coming from is questionable. However things go, the corporate world will probably lean on the adage "It's just a matter of business, it's not personal." If push comes to shove, where should Bridgette down at, with the corporate client or the human client? Hopefully it is an academic question.

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors