Carla's Story: A Tale of Pleasure Island

Printer-friendly version

CARLA'S STORY: A Tale of Pleasure Island

By Christopher Leeson

Revision 01-08-15

Carla-2.jpg

Not long ago we posted "Revenge: A Tale of Pleasure Island." In it, a tg girl named Carla was introduced. This is the fuller story about Carla, which serves as a prequel to "Revenge." An earlier draft of "Carla's Story" was posted to The Full TG Show with even more illustrations. Check it out at: http://thefulltgshow.blogspot.com/search/label/pleasure%20is...

* * * * *

Carl Boelke was a problem kid who was only getting worse. In junior high, he ran a protection racket and punched out the smaller boys who didn’t pay. In the senior grades, the police put him on a watch list, on suspicion of ripping off car parts. Once, when a girl wouldn’t go out with Carl, he beat on her brother until she said yes. When their parents pressed charges, juvenile court sentenced him to community service, but when not under direct supervision his behavior went unimproved.

His mother, Mrs. Boelke, a hospital employee, met a woman who had started coming in with her pretty brunette daughter. While the girl was in with the obstetrician, Mrs. Boelke and the lady occasionally talked. One day, Mrs. Boelke admitted to having terrible problems with her son. It was then that the visitor dropped a bomb, telling Mrs. Boelke about Pleasure Island, a resort that was more than just a resort. It was, she said, the place that had helped her and her husband keep their boy Dan out of juvenile court. She hinted, in an odd way, that Pleasure Island had changed her boy's anti-social attitudes. The problems they had now, she said, were not nearly as bad as they had been before. He had even been motivated to study hard in school. But when Mrs. Boelke pressed for more information, the lady said that she had said too much already and excused herself.

In the days that followed, Mrs. Boelke subtly persisted in asking her friend how this mysterious resort had accomplished so much, but the lady kept saying that she wasn't the right one to explain it. “Well, who can explain it?” Mrs. Boelke had pressed. Relenting, the visitor gave Mrs. Boelke a phone number, saying, “This man at the Pleasure Island Resort can explain things much better than ever I could.”

The New Reservation office at Pleasure Island told Mrs. Boelke that they could help her if she believed in magic, and that magic could help people. This surprised her, but she said that she had an open mind and would like more information. The reservation agent asked for her name and address and about the general nature of her problem. After that, the man said that if her information checked out, a representative would call and make an appointment. They did get the call a week later, and they met with one Señor Mercado in a sparsely furnished office downtown. He showed Mr. and Mrs. Boelke videos and case studies concerning a remarkable way to solve the sort of problems that they were having with Carl. Remarkable? What he said was close to unbelievable. It was an idea so amazing that they thought they must be on Candid Camera. Rather than be made to look foolish, they considered leaving at once. But Mercado was skilled at convincing people about things that the world at large would find impossible to conceive of and the Boelkes finally signed a contract.

Carl would never have cooperated in any program for his own reform, so his parents agreed that Pleasure Island should sent Carl a registered letter saying that he had won a free two-week luxury vacation at the island resort. If the Boelkes had simply told their son that they wanted him to go on a Mediterranean vacation, he might have grown suspicious, a trait he had developed from consorting with drug dealers and stolen property fences.

A free vacation appealed to Carl and he flew to Naples, where he was met by representatives from Pleasure Island. These persons took him via passenger boat to an island hosting a well laid out resort. But as Mercado had promised, the isle was indeed magical, and its magic started to transform Carl. Before he realized it, Carl had metamorphosed into a pretty blonde lass, exactly as the agent had promised. When he – she – had calmed down enough, the Pleasure Island staff provided Carl with new clothes, and also with forged documents that called her “Carla Boelke. Then she was sent her back to her California home.

After the daze wore off, Carla realized that a secondary spell had been cast on her, one that made everyone she knew, except for her own parents, forget that Carl had ever existed. Everyone else became bewitched the instant they established eye-contact with her and immediately believed that they had always known her as “Carla.” Her folks had already removed every picture of Carl from their home and had given all his clothes to charity, replacing them with a wardrobe that was suitable for a high school girl. The island had even provided them with a packet of false documents and had included skillfully Photoshopped pictures of a girl that looked like Carla growing up in their home. Carl's room had been redecorated with flowery wallpaper and lacy bed clothes. Carla threw a wild tantrum, accusing her parents of having “ruined her life.” Over the next few weeks, she absolutely refused to interact with anyone as a teenaged girl. The Boelke's were worried. School was going to start soon and they needed to have their daughter on good behavior before that happened. Also, they had been expecting improved behavior from Carla, but they were not getting it.

The Pleasure Island customer service representative had given them the number for what was called “after-visit support” and they called it now. They were offered various choices of methods to help improve Carla's attitude and the anxious parents finally decided to engage a special teacher, one who was registered with, and certified by, the resort company.

Carla-1.jpg

The Boelkes had Carla picked up by her “Aunt Maud,” who wasn’t really anybody's aunt. She was an independent contractor whose job it was to work with hard-case former boys. Although the Boelke's hadn't been charged a large sum for the hands-on additional service, Maud had rented a house in Oakdale and a bedroom had been prepared for Carla. Although it look innocent, it was wired for eavesdropping and for playing messages that would provide subliminal lessons while she slept, intended to adjust her bad attitudes. Maud tried to be non-threatening as a teacher, but was authoritative with Carla when she had to be. She had rules that she insisted upon, such as those about curfews.

Carla balked at everything, refusing to wear anything but sneakers, tee-shirts or sweatshirts, and dungarees. She also refused to go outside in daylight when people could see the charming curves she tried to hide, though she sometimes skulked around the dark streets at night. Hers was a difficult case, Maud realized, but the teacher had tried and true options. The best way to get Carla acclimated to a totally new social life would be to get her out among people. The first subliminal lesson that she received instilled a willingness to attend school every day. Miss Boelke was soon attending the district school without a lot of fuss.

To get Maud off her back, Carla tried all the tricks of defiance and backtalk that she'd been using for years at home. This was a type of behavior that Maud had often encountered with other pupils, but because the CDs had instilled a “safe word” in Carla's subconscious, Maud was able to get around each girl's stubbornness. Whenever Maud said, “Now hold your horses, young lady,” Carla would instantly go silent and become receptive to suggestions. These suggestions were for things that had been already been backed up by previous subliminal lessons and their net effect was to help Carla to turn over a new leaf.

After two weeks of sleep-instruction, Maud began to see in her pretty blonde charge certain tell-tale signs that she had the potential to readdress life in an entirely new way.

Spy cameras in Carla's room allowed Maud to see what was happening when the girl supposed that no one was looking. This was the best time to see how well the sleep-disc lessons were taking hold. In the second week, Maud observed that Carla had started to lock her door so she could secretly try on bras, panties, and lingerie. In the third week, she began to apply lipstick and practice walking in high-heeled pumps. Maud let this “secret” experimentation go on for a few days more, until she thought the moment had come to debut Carla to the world as the vivacious girl that she was rapidly becoming.

One day, when the monitor revealed that Carla was dressed up behind her supposedly locked door, Maud barged on a pretext and then acted surprised to have caught her pupil dressed in makeup, heels, and a bikini. Maud crossed her arms and looked stern.

“If you wanted to wear girls' clothing, it's perfectly all right with me,” she told her young charge. “You should have confided in me, however. I could have given you very good advice about how to dress properly.”

“No!” moaned Carla, her face flushed. “I don't want to dress as a girl. I was just...”

“Just what?”

Carla had no reply.

“Perk up. Don't be embarrassed. There's nothing wrong about a pretty girl wanting to dress like a pretty girl.”

Miss Boelke didn't like being told that she was a girl. With a curse, she started to tear off her garments. “Hold your horses, young lady!” Maud exclaimed, and Carla froze, slack-featured.

Maud picked a few garments out of the dresser and closet. “Carla,” Maud said, “put these on. I want you to walk to the pharmacy and bring me back a few things. If you see any friends from school along the way, be sure to say hello to them. If they complement the way you look, you will will feel happy and thank them for saying such kind things.”

Like a sleepwalker, Carla let herself be led out the door into a Saturday twilight. The girl didn't realize that she was outside until she heard the deadbolt click behind her. Panicking, she rushed back to the door and pounded on it.

“Maud! Let me in,” she shouted. “I can't go out like this.”

“Don't be silly, darling,” she heard her false aunt call back. “You look absolutely lovely. We need those things from the store right away, so run along.”

Still under the spell of the “safe words,” Carla slowly turned and, stiffly putting one foot in front of the other, she was soon walking at a slow, even pace down the sidewalk. Then, halfway to the store, she realized where she was and, wanting to get this ordeal done with, hurried along to the store as quickly as possible.

For the remainder of her errand, Carla felt like a sissy, like a cross-dresser, not a real girl. But she noticed that when people smiled, they weren't laughing. They were looking at her like they would have looked at any attractive teenager in a tight sweater and trim cut offs. She was being accepted and that didn't feel like a bad thing. That she could be thinking in such a way surprised her, but and also it made her very confused.

Carla-3.jpg

Carla still remained under the charm of the safe word when she returned to her teacher's house. Maud met her at the door and said, “From now on, whatever you feel is all right to wear in a locked room is perfectly fine to wear around the house. As soon as you're dressed, I want you to come out and feel completely self-confident. It's also all right to go outside wearing nice clothes to let other people appreciate how attractive you are.”

That evening, Carla lay on her bed mulling over a mass of perplexing thoughts. She got up for dinner distractedly when called, and afterwards listlessly watched a DVD movie about a grungy urban hero karate-kicking around a gang of drug dealers. Progress had been made, Maud thought, but what an awful taste in entertainment! Worse, at bedtime, she saw in the monitor that Carla was, night after night, sleeping in old tee-shirts and light jogging pants, despite all the teddies and baby dolls that were waiting for her, neatly folded in dresser drawers. The teacher guessed that the two of them were at a window of opportunity to move Carla along and put together a new subliminal lesson that would began with the disc “I Feel Pretty, Look at Me.” This instruction was intended to pump up a girl's vanity enough to overcome the sense of embarrassment that was common in most newly-transformed boys. The experienced teacher believed that getting a pupil to sleep in baby dolls and teddies would strengthen her feminine underpinning, so she also included a lesson called “Be Beautiful in Bed.”

The following night, Carla reached for her makeshift sleeping togs, but this time she noticed how heavy and grubby they were. With a frown, she tossed them into the hamper and decided to find something lighter and fresher. But everything in the drawers looked so infuriatingly sexy, like the girls in Playboy Magazine wore, when they were wearing anything at all. The least bad garment was a silky top pinned to a pair of trim shorts. Carla liked the laundered freshness of their scent and tried them on. She faced the mirror and she thought, "Lord Almighty!. I look like the kind of girl that anyone would love to get into the sack." Despite her dismay, she felt a pleasing surge of vanity. It tickled Carla to think that any girl who saw her would get steamed with jealousy, and all the boys would get boners. Part of her liked the idea of making as many people as possible feel miserable. But there was another thought deep down, something about looking so damned good; it warmed her like a shot of brandy.

Dressed for school, Carla came to breakfast the next morning wearing tight denim jeans and a sleeveless, V-necked top. Maud complemented her outfit, but tried not to show how pleased she actually was. A milestone had been reached and Carla Boelke's life, Maud expected, would never be quite the same again.

Carla herself got an inkling that this was true that very day. At school, the boys were caught by surprise. Even when wearing grunge Carla had always looked good, but now, seeing the new girl dressing like an out-and-out tease caught people's rapt attention. All the boys, even the timid ones, started thinking about speaking to Carla Boelke, a person that no one had so far made friends with. Unfortunately, only the ego-driven creeps had the nerve to swagger up to a girl so provocative and openly come on to her. She had always been an angry type when people had tried to talk to he before, but now not even the worst manners could keep the bad crowd away. Carla couldn't help but get angry all over again at the things the jerks had the nerve to say to her. She did her best to brush them off, but she didn't seem to realized that her problems had been started by her decision to dress super-hot. Either that, or she secretly liked the attention. In fact, after a couple days she started to wear sparingly-cut shorts and miniskirts to class.

This fashion kept the shy boys scared off while it overheated the ones that she preferred to avoid. Carla didn't want to go out with anyone; she just wanted everyone to look at her and admit to themselves that she was gorgeous. She refused to be scared off from doing what she liked. On Friday, when yet another swaggering tough got too grabby, a boy named Tom shoved him aside and stood in front of Carla to defend her. After the gang guy had backed off, Carla asked Tom why he had stepped in. He shrugged and said that guys shouldn't get away with treating women that way. Carla was grateful, but became flustered when Tom asked her out. She just couldn't see herself going out with boys, and so begged off, saying that her aunt was against her getting too close to anyone at school, because she’d soon have to to back to Brentwood, where her family home was. Tom looked crestfallen, but said he understood.

Carla was never able too keep many secrets from Maud, especially not about her social life. She was laboring under a post-hypnotic suggestion to speak freely about all her relationships at school. When the teen let slip what had happened with Tom, Maud told her, “Hold your horses, young lady! You acted like an ungrateful minx. Call that nice boy back and say that you’d love to go out with him. You don't seem to have any real friends. It's all right for a girl to date a boy, as long as she likes him and trusts him. ” That night Maud gave Carla a strong while-you-sleep lesson called “Boys are Groovy.”

So that's how Carla Boelke found herself getting ready for a date on Saturday night. Part of her wanted to have a real date, but all the same she expected to have a miserable time of it. Tom picked her up in his folk's car and they went to an action movie that wasn't half bad. That improved Carla's mood. Afterwards, they pulled into a malt shop. By then, Carla totally had forgotten that she wasn't supposed to be enjoying herself. In fact, Tom and she were both hockey fans and they talked sports for so long that Carla barely beat the curfew hour back to Maud's house. The following day, Miss Boelke started to notice how many more good-looking boys there were around the school. Gradually she discovered that when she smiled and looked someone in the eye, the braver guys would gather up the courage to speak with her. When she stepped up to a shy boy with a smile and a "hello," he would start acting friendlier, too. Day by day, with the help of the sleep-discs, she was unconsciously remaking her instinctive body language, altering the tone of her voice, and in multiply ways sending out positive signals that making her seem more approachable. The result was that a lot of boys were asking her out. Some of the girls whispered that she was a slut, but Carla didn't care what jealous girls thought of her.

With her young charge's social life developing so well, Maud decided that Carla needed to learn a few basic things that would prepare her for living life as a young woman, such as domestic skills. The “I Love Housework” disc worked wonders on Carla over the next few days. Also, Maud used a disc calculated to sweeten Carla's disposition, instilling a liking for fluffy stuffed animals, flowers, and fairyland figurines. By October, with Carla’s grades improving and her complaints about performing household chores falling off, Maud called the Boelkes to let them know that their daughter was ready to come home. When Carla was dropped off at the family home a couple days later, she was wearing trim shorts and a tight tank top, with no frown on her face. Mr. and Mrs. Boelke could hardly recognize her.

Over the next year, whenever their little girl did any backsliding, her parents used their own copies of the Pleasure Island discs to load her attitude with generous helpings of sugar and spice. Pretty soon, the only problems they had were the familiar ones that parents of teenaged girls have to get used to, the kind that no disc can fix. For the most part, the Boelke family was living in a house filled with peace, kind feelings, and cooperation.

But the Bolkes had been noticing the problems that their neighbors, the Fontains, were having. Their son Dean had been friends with Carl, and the latter had gotten him started on a lot of wrongheaded ideas. Because of this, they felt some responsibility to help set things right. If Mrs. Boelke's friend at the hospital had helped them, wasn't it only right that they should help the Fontains, too? It made them feel guilty to have such a happy home while others were still plagued by stress. So, finally, they decided to tell the their neighbors about Pleasure Island.

But there would be no need to share their decision with their daughter. Carla was avoiding Dean because he had always been brash and suggestive with girls. And, anyway, her mind was occupied by other, more important matters....

Carla-4.jpg

End

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like double sating

Looks like double sating might be in the future of Carla and Deana, as they are neighbors and will very likely become BFF.

so basically, they turned

licorice's picture

so basically, they turned their son into a doll. I imagine they'll just keep using the mind control throughout her whole life to make sure she lives the life they want her to live.