Jessica's Story - Part 4

Printer-friendly version

Jessica's Story - Part 4

Anne and Adam's marriage is already on the rocks, due to Peter becoming Jessica. But a further revelation comes to light, which brings their marriage to a close. This does give Jessica further clearance to live her life full time, and following the end of the school year, she says goodbye to life as a boy.

Jessica's Story – Part 4

A few weeks had passed since Peter had visited Dr. Anderson. It was half term and with school not being on the agenda for a week, he could be Jessica full time. Much to her delight, her hair was showing signs of growing. It certainly looked fuller, but still no longer in length. Washing her hair was now required more often, as the wig was making her sweat, especially with the warmer days of summer ahead.

“I must admit sweetheart that your hair looks like it's growing curly. Sandra will be jealous.” said Anne as she washed it for her one day. “My sister had dark curly hair, thats where you must get it from.”.

This certainly put a smile on her face. She had liked Kelly's hair for being curly. Kelly had continued to invite them around to her house to show them further additions to her dolls house. Anne had found Julia, Kelly's mom to be rather friendly too, and she was certainly supportive of Jessica.

Adam had continued his silent protests at Jessica. He continued to remain in the living room watching the television. Only Anne saw much of him and most of the times, that was at night, in bed. He did enter the kitchen on weekday mornings, except for this week, as he knew that Jessica would be around rather than Peter. His attitude was looking more foolish with every passing week.

The week off from school meant that Anne had to find day trips for the kids. Edward was not only speaking a bit more, but he was also finding his feet. As a result, he was taken out less in the pushchair and was now placed in a harness, to stop him wandering too far.

“About time he started walking, you two were walking when were almost 3. Eddie here is nearly 4.” said Anne as she took them to the science museum one day. The girls seemed more interested in the interactive exhibits than anything else.

“I wish daddy was here! He would like this.” said Jessica, pushing another button, making the model steam pump go up and down.

“It would be nice, but while he still won't accept you, its not going to be.” said Anne. Though she hated him for his comments about Sally, she still hated him more for ignoring his children. Even Sandra and Edward were being snubbed.

“I know he's my son, but this is no excuse. He should be there for you and the kids.” said Helen. Anne knew the girls loved seeing their gran, so had decided to visit her whenever possible.

“I wouldn't blame you if you divorced him.” she added. “Selfish pig!”

“I would, but for the children. Without him we'd have no money and my hands are too busy to find work.” said Anne.

“I need to give him a piece of my mind!” said Helen. She went over to the phone.

“He's not home, would he be at work?” she added a few moments later.

“Yeah, he would. He might be too busy. You'd be better off calling Sundays.” said Anne.

“Fine, but I'm not letting this rest. So, how's my Jessica getting on?” said Helen changing the subject.

“She desperately wants this school year to end. She wants to be a girl full time. It's like shes now a girl pretending to be a boy.” said Anne. “Listen to me! I can't refer to her as 'he' now.”

“How can you not refer to her as a girl? She doesn't look like a boy.” said Helen.

Back home, Anne decided enough was enough. Adam was going to listen to reason or else. Her children needed a dad.

When he came home from work, she cornered him.

“Are you going to abandon our children all the time now?!” she shouted.

“I'm not abandoning them, its just that one has abandoned me!” he replied.

“Still putting all the blame on Jessica, are you? Well, if you don't come out of this stubborn ideal of yours, my promise of divorce still stands! Our children, Jessica included, need you in their lives. They need a dad!” she said crossly.

“Jessica is called Peter, for God's sake! When is that boy gonna learn?” he cried.

“Jessica doesn't need to 'learn' and she most definitely is a girl.” shouted Anne.

“He's a boy in a dress!” cried Adam.

“A boy in a dress with a girl's mind. She will be a girl and I'll make sure of it!” she responded

“That's enough! I'm getting out of here.” he cried and stormed out the front door.

“STUCK UP PIG!” cried Anne, bursting into tears. The two girls came down to see what was the matter.

“You girls deserve a real father, not a stuck up opinionated proud pig like him! Sorry about the language.” she sobbed.

* * *

“So he just walked out on me!” cried Anne, who had decided to phone Helen after Adam's unceremonious exit.

“I've said it once, if you divorce him, I'll stand by you.” said Helen. “He's just not being fair on you or the children.”

The next day, Anne looked in the newspaper for jobs. If the marriage did break down, which was looking ever so likely, she needed to find an income of some sort. Helen had offered to babysit for her if need be.

Peter continued to go to school for the remaining 6 weeks of the school year, and for him, it couldn't go quickly enough. Each day felt more uncomfortable as he got used to the hours spent as Jessica. Kelly was good as her word and kept it quiet. Even Miss Abbot decided not to talk about him either. Both could see that he was looking uncomfortable in trousers and without the feel of his wig on his shoulders.

“You totally sure you are not a girl already?” asked Kelly. “I'd sure be unhappy if I had to dress as a boy and have my hair cut short.”

“I'm still a boy down there.” he replied sadly, pointing due south.

Despite his discomfort, he still got good marks in his work. At least nobody said anything about his hair growing. No surprise, for quite a few boys had their hair slightly long. It at least pleased him that the growth was now noticeable. It was as Anne had noted, naturally curly. He couldn't wait for it to grow further and allow those curls to fully form. For now, his hair just looked wispy.

Anne couldn't wait for him to finish in a way, for she had also gotten use to seeing him as Jessica. Seeing a disheartened boy head upstairs and a cheerful looking girl coming down was proof enough that she was doing the right thing. Plus the fact that even when as Peter, she had occassionally slipped and referred to him in the feminine. She had been lucky in that her errors had gone unnoticed.

As for Adam, he really was remote. He did show up again, having been missing for one night. His mood hadn't altered and thus the possibility of divorce edged ever closer. He even decided to miss out on Edward's 4th birthday party, which Anne took as a further reason for wanting rid of him.

It was the middle of June, the summer holidays were now approaching and Peter was counting the days to them. The thought of them being close cheered him, for it meant that his life as a boy was coming to an end. His hair had now reached the top of his ears and was beginning to look really curly. He was finding the wig harder to fit and needed help from Anne. It did get praise from both his sister and Kelly, both of whom, saw it as proof that Jessica was “taking over”. They were both eagerly awaiting his hair to get longer still, so that they could style it. He of course was equally eager for them to do it.

Anne had applied for a job as a supermarket assistant. She had mentioned it to Adam, who came to the conclusion that she was saving for Jessica's future. Though this was possible, she had all the children in mind too.

“Your hair is starting to grow now!” said Anne as she picked up Peter and Sandra from school. “People might start thinking you're a girl!”. Peter gave her a look, but her face told him that she was just teasing.

“It's still too short to be girly.” he said glumly

“Honestly Jessica, it is looking nice. Just shows what regular washing does.” she said to him once they were in the car.

“She's right sis! It'll look great down your back.” said Sandra.

Peter felt better when they referred to him as a girl, even when dressed as a boy. He turned red at his sister's words. The thought put butterflies in his stomach.

“Don't worry, just four weeks to go and you can be a girl all the time.” said Anne.

“Don't remind me! I can't wait!” he said, smiling.

That afternoon, Anne did the washing. She gathered up the various garments and got them sorted for the washing machine. She had just picked up one of Adam's shirts when she noticed something red on the collar: lipstick. She just paused and pondered. It couldn't be hers, she hadn't been intimate with her husband for a while. She put the shirt to one side. This wasn't going in the wash just yet.

“Adam, I was just going through the washing when I found this.” she said calmly, holding the shirt in his face, so that the smeared collar was in plain sight. His face went pale.

“Oh, something wrong? Lipstick isn't it? Us women know all about this stuff of course and I know for a fact that this is one shade I don't wear.” her voice was getting colder. She had a good idea what was going on but just wanted him to confess.

Adam was struck dumb. She had him on the spot and he knew it. She sensed his fear and continued to probe.

“Was she pretty? Picked her up off the streets?!”

“She wasn't a hooker!” Adam had found his voice at last.

“Oh, so she wasn't a hooker. So, let me see? Someone at work, right?”

“She does the tea rounds!” he said, looking deflated

“Well, she appears to serve more than just the tea! How long has this been going on?!” she said, her voice rising with the latest question.

Adam hesitated.

“HOW LONG?!” she repeated, her temper was reaching boiling point.

“3 months” he said, his voice was small.

Anne just looked at him in disgust for a moment. She then held her hand to her face and shook her head.

“It just happened. I didn't mean it!” he said, trying to defend himself.

“GET OUT OF HERE!!! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN!!!” she yelled, tears now down her face.

He walked to the front door and opened it.

“I'm sorry.” he said as he exited.

“SORRY?! AFTER THE WAY YOU'VE TREATED ME AND OUR CHILDREN THESE PAST FEW MONTHS?! JUST GET OUT OF MY SIGHT! OUR MARRIAGE IS OVER!”

He left. Anne collapsed to the floor in tears. Jessica and Sandra had heard the commotion and ran to her side.

“You ok mommy?” said the two of them. “What's happened?”

“Your dad has gone, left us. We won't be seeing him again.” she sobbed.

* * *

Adam did return however, but only to pick up his things. He had already been to his lover's abode once, after that previous row. It was revealed that he'd been there every day after work: his “extra hours” story was a cover for it. Anne's request for a divorce, was readily accepted. He decided that it would be worth it, for it would free him from the burden of living with a “freak” son.

As he left, the two girls stood there to see him off. The look on his face as he noticed Jessica was mixed. Anne's face was still ice cold and showed no remorse.

“Gone, and good riddance!” said Anne, as he left for the final time. She then got on the phone and called Helen.

“Helen. It's Anne, Adam and I are through. I've found he's been cheating on me for the past 3 months and I've sent him packing.” she said, her voice still a little sore.

“So, he's a rat as well as a narrow minded pig. Ok, if he comes my way, I'll slam the door in his face. You'll always be welcome, of course. If you need any help, just call.” she replied.

“This is like Kelly's mommy and daddy, isn't it?” said Sandra, as Anne put down the phone.

“Yes, it is.” sighed Anne. They had learnt early on that Julia was divorced for very much the same reason. Anne knew that the divorce was best in a way, though it was still going to be tough on her children.

The next few days were busy. Anne had contacted solicitors about the divorce and that meant making contact with her soon to be ex-husband. She decided to let her solicitors do the talking on her part. She wanted to make sure that the children remained with her at least. It seemed to be heading that way, as Adam didn't want Jessica, and Jessica and Sandra wanted to stay together.

For now, they remained in the house. Jessica could at least roam free now, without Adam seeing her. After the way he alienated himself, they didn't seem to miss him much. One benefit was that Kelly and her mom were now invited to their place. They came over often and Julia was happy to help Anne concerning the divorce.

Jessica was finding that Sandra and Kelly were now ready to work on her hair, even if it still wasn't long enough by far.

“Ouch, that hurts!” she cried as a clip got too close to her scalp. “My hair isn't long enough yet.”

“The curls will be bigger as the hair gets longer, along with regular brushing. Your mommy is right, girls will be jealous of you!” said Kelly

“You are so right Kelly! I want curly hair too!” said Sandra, resulting in chuckles from the other two.

The following Saturday, Anne had got dressed up smart.

“Mommy, you look pretty!” said Jessica that morning.

“Yes, I've got a job interview. I'm just waiting for your gran to show up, she'll be looking after you while I'm out.”

Helen arrived around 15 minutes later. “Would have been sooner had it not been for the bus being late.” she said upon arrival.

“Gran!” shouted Jessica, running over to hug her.

“Hello sweetheart. See your hair is growing” said Helen. She hadn't seen her without her wig since her last visit as Peter.

“Not long enough for her though” said Anne. “At least its short enough to be boyish.”

“See you're ready to go?” asked Helen of Anne.

“Yes, my interview is at 12:00” she said. “Oh, I should be going. Bye kids, be good to gran.”

Anne left the house.

“So, what do want to do? Watch television, read books, play games?” said Helen to the two girls.

“We've got some DVDs in the living room.” said Sandra, now heading off to find them.

She came back with a few: mostly Disney films. They ended up watching “The Little Mermaid” and “Cinderella”. The latter had just finished when Anne came home.

“You been good for Gran?” she asked the girls on entering.

“They've been no trouble at all. Just been watching a couple of films, thats all.”

She also noticed that Edward was on the living room floor with some chunky toy cars.

“Where have I seen them before?” asked Anne.

“They're mine.” said Jessica. “I thought Edward could have them. He can have all those toys, I don't want them now.”

“Very kind of you Jessica. Not that the thought hadn't crossed my mind.” said Anne smiling.

“So, how did it go?” asked Helen.

“Very well, a bit concerned about me being a single mom, but when I said that I had you to help, they seemed ok about it. I'll hear off them in a week or so.” she said.

“Well, I hope you get this job. I'm sure looking after these three will be easy enough. So how's the divorce going?” said Helen.

“Adam's been trying to worm his way out of support payments for the children. He's convinced it will all go towards Jessica. He still wants to stop her becoming a girl.”

Helen shook her head at that. “If he has no interest in seeing her, what does it matter to him?”

“He's just trying to get even with me for allowing Jessica to come out.” Anne said with a sigh.

* * *

June was coming to a close and for Peter, that meant his days as a boy were nearly over. He couldn't wait for the final day when Peter would be saying goodbye forever and his true self, Jessica, would take his place.

Anne was waiting for the post, hoping her job application had proved successful. She hadn't told the kids yet that Helen had proposed to move in with them if she got the job. It did depend also on the divorce and whether Adam contested the house. If he won, they would have to move out. Anne was fairly confident that the court would rule in her favour.

It was Tuesday before Anne got a response from the supermarket. A letter arrived offering her the job. She got a phone call too, where she told them that she was accepting their offer. She soon composed a letter to confirm her acceptance and handed it in after dropping the kids off at school.

Helen was waiting for the divorce to be finalised before moving in. It would be another week or so, much to Anne's annoyance. Helen, for now, was making good use of her bus pass.

Anne was to start work the following week, starting Monday. Her hours did allow her to take the children to and from school. Each day, Peter came out of school feeling happier, knowing that the days were finally going down.

“So, how is the new job?” asked Helen.

“Not bad, quite easy once you know how. Have to help customers from time to time, but that's no bother.” replied Anne. “At least my shift allows me to do the two school runs.”

For the remainder of each day, Anne found herself making phonecalls to solicitors. The divorce was dragging on as both sides fought for a compromise that suited their respective party.

For Peter, the weeks were dragging too, but soon, the all important final week of term arrived. He couldn't keep his excitement down and Sandra found herself having to keep him calm.

Friday eventually came and that afternoon, Peter came out looking happier than ever. Anne looked happy too as she welcomed them at the gates. But it wasn't just because of Peter's happiness either.

“No more boys's clothes!” he cried as he got into the back of the car.

“Ok, Peter, I'm not heading home just yet. We've got something important to do.” said Anne.

“Where we going?” he asked.

“A small matter of a name change. You are going to be Jessica from now on, so I'm making it official.” said Anne. “

At the solicitors, Anne got a number of documents out of her bag.

“My husband has waived his right to the children. I'm therefore asking for them to be given my maiden name. I'm also here to change the forenames of my eldest son.” she told the solicitor

She handed him birth certificates for all children, plus her own birth and marriage certificates. She also had a paper confirming that Adam had indeed “washed his hands” of their children.

“So, your divorce hasn't been finalised yet? Well, by the looks of things, it soon will be.” said the solicitor.

“And good riddance.” said Anne.

“So, we have Sandra Anne Brook; Peter Andrew Brook and Edward Thomas Brook. You are Anne Brook nee Smith. So just the surnames of all the children to become Smith?” he said.

“That's right, and my eldest son is to become Jessica Rose Smith.” Anne added.

The solicitor just looked for a moment.

“He's becoming a girl. Okay?” she said, to which he looked at Peter again.

After some considerable paperwork, the solicitor shook hands with Anne.

“So, Ms Smith, I hope things go well for you from now on.”

They headed back to the car.

“So, how does it feel to be officially called Jessica?” she asked Jessica.

“Brilliant, I just need to get rid of these clothes.” she replied.

“You can now. I put some of your own clothes in the boot.” she said, going to the back of the car. “Now be quick, we need to head back to the school.”

“What?!” cried Jessica. “School's over!”

“We need to see the headmistress before she leaves. I did tell her I would be seeing her this afternoon.” said Anne.

“What for?” said Jessica, halfway into a skirt.

“To explain why Peter isn't coming back in September, silly.”

She helped her get into the clothes before putting on her wig. With this done, she got behind the wheel and drove off.

When they arrived, the gates were still open. They headed up the path and to the main entrance. On entering they noticed that the cleaners were in. Anne asked one of them where the headmistress' office was and was shown the way.

“Ah, Mrs Brook, you wished to see me concerning your son. Do sit down.” she said when they arrived.

“By the way, it's Smith now. With the divorce almost concluded, my children and I are now going by my maiden name. We've just been to have it all made official.” said Anne, getting the deed poll papers from her bag.

“Okay, that's all fine, we can arrange for your children's records to be amended. But I thought the matter was a bit more important than that, having heard you over the phone.”

“My son Peter has had more than just his surname altered. He is, from today living as a girl and I wish for him to continue at this school as such.” said Anne, now gesturing to Jessica.

The headmistress looked at Jessica in disbelief.

“Your son is going to live as a girl? This is most unusual. Only a few weeks ago, I got wind of a boy putting on a dress in the main storeroom.” said the headmistress.

“That was Peter. From today, he is officially Jessica.” said Anne.

The headmistress took a closer look at the papers and noticed the one for Jessica.

“My only concern is about secrecy. That is, ensuring that no one finds out that Jessica here is really a boy.” she said eventually.

“Well, the only way to tell is to look somewhere.” said Anne. The headmistress didn't need telling where.

“Which means that the main risk of the secret coming out is in the toilet. It might be advised if she used the disabled toliet. That is unisex so it shouldn't prove a problem. That okay with you?”

“Fine, that should be okay, though I'm just worried that any of her friends will find out, you know, recognise her.” said Anne.

“I'll let the teachers know about her, to a degree. If there is any trouble, I'll let you know. I'll see to it that a new file is set up for her, as a girl. And just to let you know, I wouldn't have guessed that she was a boy!”

“So everythings fine? I was expecting a bit of friction with the whole affair. My divorce is in part due to Jessica's transition.” said Anne.

“It's fine with me!” said the headmistress. “My husband is a part time crossdresser, and a good one!”

Anne just looked at her in amazement.

“Ok, Mrs Fletcher, I'll be off then, see you in September?” she said.

“Yes, don't shut the door, I'm on my way now. I was just waiting to see you.” said Mrs Fletcher.

Anne was still a little bemused by that admission. Well, if the headmistress hadn't got a problem, that was for the best, surely?

* * *

Helen was at their house when they arrived. She had been looking after Edward.

“So, everything fine?” she asked upon their return.

“Fine, perfectly fine.” said Anne, and she explained about the headmistress' husband.

“Well, I never!” said Helen. “So, how's the new girl then?” she asked Jessica.

“Feeing great, no more being a boy!” she said.

“And first thing for our new girl is to take a bath!” smiled Anne.

“What, now?” said Jessica, deflated.

“Well, unless you don't want to go round to Kelly's house for a party?” said Anne.

“A party? What for?” Jessica asked, confused.

“This is your first official day as Jessica, so we planned this.” said Anne.

“Am I invited?” said Sandra.

“Yes, and it's your turn in the tub after Jessica.” added Anne as she took Jessica upstairs.

“Yes, you are going.” said Helen. “You and Jessica have been very close since the start. It would be wrong not to invite you.”

“Your hair is thick, Jessica. Even if you were still a boy, I'd have you grow your hair.” said Anne.

Jessica was taking her bath and Anne was washing her hair. Her hair was still too short for her liking, meaning the wig was still needed.

“Don't worry sweatheart, it will reach your shoulders eventually.”

“Wow sis, your hair looks great.” said Sandra passing the bathroom.

“Okay you, you're next!” said Anne, pointing to the bath.

Sandra headed to her room and got undressed. Anne noticed the look on Jessica's face as her sister strode past in the raw. Anne knew what Jessica was feeling, and she realised that something had to be done. After drying herself, Jessica headed to her room to find something pretty to wear, but realised she needed help deciding. Anne could be heard giving Sandra her bath.

“Gran?” she called.

Helen eventually arrived. “Yes dear?”

“I can't decide what to wear.” she said glummly. She had put the wig back on by now.

“This is always a problem, so many clothes, yet we can't make our minds up.” said Helen.

They decided on a pale yellow dress. Helen decided that something else was needed.

“Your sister might have something.” she said, and headed to her room.

She came back with an Alice band, yellow to match the dress.

“Your sister has a few of these” she said, putting it on Jessica. “Perfect, your hair looks much better.”

Jessica looked in the mirror and smiled, tears running down her cheeks.

“Don't cry, there's a girl.” said Helen hugging her.

“I'm so happy!” she cried.

When Sandra was ready, they met downstairs. Both Anne and Sandra agreed that Jessica looked every bit a girl.

“Well, I think we are ready.” said Anne, wiping away a few tears of her own.

So, the 2 adults and 3 children headed off to Kelly's house.

Jessica was taken aback by a huge sign inside the hallway “Welcome to Girlhood, Jessica!”

Kelly didn't waste a second in greeting her. Her hug was a little too friendly, as Jessica let out a breath of relief when released. “You look wonderful!” she said. “I only found out about this party myself today.”

Jessica certainly knew that this was her party. There was even a cake with her name on it.

“My birthday has already happened.” she said upon seeing it.

“But you weren't at that party.” said Anne.

“Ok, I think the food is ready!” shouted Julia over the talking.

Julia had decided on a buffet rather than a main meal: sandwiches, sausage rolls, crisps, and salad plus sweets like cup cakes and jam tarts.

As they sat around eating their food, Kelly couldn't keep away from Jessica.

“So you really are Jessica now?” she asked.

“Yes, my name really is!” said Jessica proudly.

“Like your hair band, where did you get it?”

“It's my sister's. She doesn't mind!”

“I've let her use my things, now she needs to let me use hers!” said Sandra, walking past, smiling.

The adults let the girls chat amongst themselves. For them, the main talk was of the divorce.

“So, you expect to get the house?” asked Julia.

“I hope so.” said Anne. “The snag is that the creep is now claiming that he doesn't have to pay me for the kids because he's waived all responsibility on them.”

“So, to our guest of honour. She certainly looks happy.” said Julia changing the subject.

“She is, though one thing still bothers her.” said Anne.

“What's that?” asked Julia.

“Her penis.” said Anne. “She knows Sandra hasn't got one and she wants to be the same of course. She has been told about it having to stay a while longer, but, it still gets her down.”

“Would hiding it do any good?” suggested Helen. “I've heard from Sally about special pants that conceal those parts. I'm not sure if they do them in Jessica's size though.”

“If that is so, it may well be the answer. Please ask her by all means.” said Anne. “I'm still keen to see her too, I think she may help me a lot.”

“I'll ask her to come round, now that Adam is out of the way.” said Helen.

“Who's Sally?” asked Julia

“Shes my sister-in-law, but she was born male. My husband disowned her for it.” said Anne.

* * *

Later, the large cake was cut and served. Julia chose this moment to give Jessica a present: her very own doll plus a new dress.

“I heard that you hadn't got a doll of your own, and every girl has to have one.” she said.

Jessica just beamed a smile. Sandra then asked if she could play with the doll sometime.

For the remainder of the day, there was some party music played – the table was pushed to one side to allow the girls to dance.

The evening soon arrived and it was time to say goodbye. For Jessica, this had been one brilliant day. Her life really had begun.

They arrived home and soon it was apparent that the girls wanted to go to bed. Once they were tucked in, Anne drove Helen home.

Anne was now adjusting to the single life again. That double bed sure looked big now with one half now empty. For now, it could stay that way. Her children were priority for now, love could wait.

The following morning, Jessica decided to show off her new dress: a pink one with a ribbon at the back.

“That dress certainly suits you!” said Anne upon seeing her.

Anne had started preparing the house for the “post-Adam” era. Anything that was linked to him was being thrown out unless it had further meaning. The whole process was a bitter pill for Anne to swallow, even if she still felt angry at him.

Any regrets for allowing her son to become a girl were gone. She now hoped to see him blossom into the woman he had always wanted to be. Her only concerns were still years away: puberty. She reasoned that Jessica would feel jealous when Sandra started developing and with female hormones being held back till her sixteenth birthday, it was going to be an awfully long wait for her. The only comfort was the first medication that would stop her becoming a man.

It was a quiet day for the most part with Jessica playing with her new doll. Sandra had been keen to see the doll herself and Jessica obliged. Jessica had also partially given up on the wig. With her own hair getting longer, she felt content to leave it off. Stroking her own hair had now become a favourite pastime.

Monday saw the start of a new pattern to the Smith family life with Anne starting her new job. Helen arrived in the morning for her first lengthy babysitting job and found it a breeze. More DVD viewings and several games of Snakes and Ladders, followed by lunch then further DVDs. Helen was now wondering how long it would be before they had to watch the DVDs over again.

Anne arrived home looking a little tired, but none the worse for wear. Helen offered to help with dinner just to give her chance to rest. She went through the post and hoped for news on the divorce. They still received letters for Adam: she put them back in the post with “return to sender” on the envelope. She hadn't received any news as yet. The divorce was as good as done, except for some hanging matters.

She got the news on Wednesday. She just had to see the solicitors to sign a few papers and her marriage was officially over. She had won the battle to keep the house and further more, her now ex-husband had to pay towards the welfare of the children. This did put a smile on her face. It wasn't much, but her new job helped greatly. Keeping the house was the big win.

With that, Helen put her own house on the market and moved in. Anne's house did have a spare room upstairs which would become hers. To save on decorating, Jessica found herself now sharing Sandra's room. Her old room would become Edward's. She didn't mind the switch, neither did Sandra. The only thing that remained was the double bed. Anne was not sure whether to downgrade to a single bed.

It took a few days for the dust to settle and everyone to adjust to the new room plan.

“You sure about what you are doing?” said Anne to Helen, concerning her moving in.

“I told you weeks ago that I'd do this if the divorce went well. Besides, living in that house alone wasn't much fun. Now I can watch my granchildren grow up first hand.” she said.

“Well, you are going to be a massive help, I can't thank you enough.” said Anne.

“Think nothing of it.” said Helen.

In a way, it was ideal that no holiday had been booked. Anne was keen to give the children some kind of break during the summer holiday and looked around for some last minute bargains at the local travel agents. She managed to book up a week in Blackpool at a guest house.

With two weeks to go before this getaway, there was still need to find other activities for them. Helen was still waiting for her house to sell, despite some interest, and money was tight. There were some bills left over from married life that needed to be sorted. Once they were paid, then the money available would improve.

They still had visits from Kelly and Julia from time to time, which pleased Sandra and Jessica. One weekend, the last before the Blackpool holiday, they had another visitor.

Anne opened the door to find an attractive young woman with long auburn hair.

“Hi, my name's Sally, my mom asked me to come around.” said the woman.

“Oh, you're my sister-in-law! Oh, come in!” said Anne. Already, she couldn't see why her ex-husband hated her so much. There was no way of knowing that she used to be a man. Her voice and her appearance were totally feminine.

“Hi mom!” said Sally on seeing Helen.

“Girls! Come and meet your Aunt Sally!” called Anne up the stairs.

The two girls rushed down to see their aunt.

“So, you're the two nieces I've never met. So, which one of you is Jessica?” she said.

The darker haired girl stepped forward. “I'm Jessica.”

“Well, so you're the one my brother wanted to make a boy. Obviously making a mistake, wasn't he? You look nothing like a boy.” said Sally.

“Will you please sit down? I'll go and put the kettle on.” said Anne.

“Sure, I think I've got some things to catch up on.” said Sally.

So, later in the living room, the talking began in earnest.

“So, after all this time, hoping that he might eventually see sense, I find that I should have disowned him myself.” said Sally. “It seems that you've been converted, Anne?”

“All thanks to Jessica. I was a sceptic until I noticed how Jessica took to being a girl like a fish takes to water.” said Anne.

“That is something that people just don't get. We are women in spirit but not in body. Its just feels natural to be female and for us to want our bodies to match.” said Sally.

“So, auntie, you used to be a man?” asked Jessica.

“I did, but that is in the past. I don't like talking about it now. I'm happy as I am.” she said. “And it seems I'm in the company of a young girl in the same predicament.”

Jessica just looked at her in awe.

“You certainly don't look like you used to be a man.” asked Anne.

“You're right, and that is one huge blessing. I started my transition at 19, and I was fortunate not to be too well built. My voice also wasn't that deep, but deep enough to be male. I had to take speech therapy to get my present voice.” she said. “I was so relieved when the final surgery was performed, I could finally be the woman I'd always known myself to be.”

Sally soon noted that Anne had noticed something beneath the bracelets on her right arm.

“I presume my mom told you about these.” said Sally, showing some scars on her wrist, hidden by the bracelets.”

“Yes, she did.” said Anne, who decided not to ask more on that subject.

“So, back to this pretty young girl here. She's now full time?” said Sally.

“Yes, since school finished. By the way, Helen did mention it: you work at a special shop?”

“Yes, I do, it's for transvestites and transsexuals. What do want to know?” Sally replied.

“Jessica is keen to get rid of something. Helen suggested you do special pants to hide it.”

“Oh, you mean gaffs? Yes, we do them. You want one for Jessica? I'm not sure we do them in child sizes but I can check for you.”

“I'm just worried she might try something.” said Anne.

Jessica had been listening. Sally turned to her and gave her a reassuring hug.

“Listen to me, I had this very same problem, I really wanted to get rid of mine, but I had to wait. I didn't like the idea but I had no choice. The doctors will do it when you're ready. You'll have a much longer wait, but look, see me. I had to wait ages to dress like you are now. You are one lucky girl, you have your mom, your gran and me. Some people have no one to care about them and they become upset and do horrible things. Now, your mom wants to find you a special pair of panties that will hide your willy so that nobody can see it. You'll look like a girl then. Would you like that?”

“Yes!” said Jessica.

“And by the way, your hair is nice!”

Sandra was getting slightly jealous: Jessica seemed to be getting all the attention. It showed on her face and Sally called her over for a hug too.

“Oh, what it would have been like to have had a sister!” said Sally “Sibling rivalry!”

“She and Jessica are incredibly close.” said Anne.

“So that you have to treat them in equal measure?” asked Sally.

“More or less.” said Anne.

“Well, I know from now on.” she said smiling at the sisters.

She turned to where Edward was sat on the floor. She picked him up and gave him a hug.

“Can't forget you, handsome, can we?” she whispered to him.

Sally then headed to the kitchen where she had a word with Helen.

“Have you considered telling John about what has happened here?” she told her. “He'll need to know about you moving here at any rate.”

“Oh, I'll give him a ring later. I suppose he should know now.” said Helen.

Before she left, Anne decided to have a further word with Sally.

“I know its too early to speak about, but I'm just wondering if you have any ideas about giving Jessica a female figure? Sandra will reach puberty first and I'm sure Jessica will be jealous.”

“I know what you mean, the doctor won't prescribe oestrogen until she's 16. The best thing would be to get some prosthetics for her: breast forms. Some girls use them if they are late developers. For now, just continue to raise her as a girl. The benefits of transitioning at an early age are huge. You won't have to worry about hours of hair removal and voice therapy, she'll develop just like any girl.” said Sally.

Anne showed Sally to the door and gave her a farewell hug.

“Thanks for coming. You're a wonderful woman, I mean it, My ex was most definitely wrong about you. You're welcome here any time.” said Anne.

“And thanks for being so understanding! I just wish more people would do the same.” said Sally.

“So what do you think of my daughter?” asked Helen when Anne returned to the living room.

“Bright, cheerful, a very attractive young woman. If you didn't know, you may never know.” said Anne. “Adam was a fool to turn his back on her.”

“Exactly!” reiterated Helen. “Once you know her as person, the rest is just forgotten.”

Anne went to ask the same question to the girls.

“I think she's great!” said Jessica.

“Only because she likes you more!” said Sandra, in mock jeaslousy

“Knock it off you two, she knows to treat you equally from now on.” said Anne.

Anne decided to start dinner early. Sally was going to prove a true friend, her experiences would certainly prove valuable, she thought.

Meanwhile, Helen decided to phone John up and explain a few things

“Oh, hi mom.” said John. “Where have you been?”

“Long story.” said Helen. “You want to know, I've moved in with Anne and her children.”

“Anne? You mean Adam's wife? What is going on?” asked John.

“Plenty. Adam is gone, he broke up with Anne in June, the divorce has only just been formalised.” said Helen.

“Well I never.” said John. “So what happened between them?”

“He started an affair and got caught out.” said Helen. “But that is only half the story.”

John listened with interest. The next part caught him off guard.

“His oldest son is transgendered. Peter is now living as Jessica and recently went full time.”

“Oh my God. This is Sally again, isn't it?” said John.

“I'll put you on to Anne if you like?” said Helen.

“Please do.” said John. “If I see that brother of mine, I'll kill him for sure!”

“Anne! John would like a word with you.” called Helen to Anne.

“Ok.” said Anne taking the receiver. “Anne Smith here, hi John.”

“Hi Anne, sorry about your son, or I should say, daughter.” said John. “Taken your maiden name I see.”

“Yes, but I'm sorry about Helen, she wanted everything kept quiet until Adam was out of the way.”

“So, how is your daughter now?” asked John.

“I presume you mean Jessica? She is getting along fine. Took to her new life like a fish to water.” said Anne. “Adam was so determined to stop this happening, but after I heard about Sally, I sided with Jessica. I can only think that he started this affair to get even with me for doing so. I'm happy now, Jessica is happy, as is her sister.”

“So, you know about Sally then?”

“I'd heard so much from Adam, but then Helen told me a bit more. When Adam rued her failed suicide attempts, I felt my relationship with him start to fail. I put my entire support behind Jessica from then on.”

“I'm sorry about that.” said John. “I just hope you can find someone who will understand your daughter for who she is.”

“No hurry for that at the moment.” said Anne. “But, my children would like to meet the uncle they've only heard of. They've met Sally already and even I think she is wonderful.”

“She is, isn't she.” said John. “But if you want us to visit you, I think we can arrange that. My children would like to say hello.”

“We would like that. Thank you. Bye.” said Anne.

“Bye.” said John.

“So, explained everything?” asked Helen.

“As much as can be.” said Anne. “But will he tell his children about Jessica?”

“I doubt it. They don't know about Sally, but that's not a bad thing, as he doesn't want them spreading idle gossip around about her.” said Helen. “But he intends to tell them at a later date.”

“Well, I look forward to their first visit, whenever that will be.” said Anne.

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

good riddance to bad rubbish

they're better off without him, but part of me is sad he couldn't see the light ...

DogSig.png

I've got a feeling that Adam

I've got a feeling that Adam is going to lose way more than his marriage. He has now lost his mother, sister, and brother; and I foresee him most likely losing his 'girlfriend' as well. She may not want to stay around with him, once she realizes he is a complete bigot and loser.

I've got a feeling that Adam

I've got a feeling that Adam is going to lose way more than his marriage. He has now lost his mother, sister, and brother; and I foresee him most likely losing his 'girlfriend' as well. She may not want to stay around with him, once she realizes he is a complete bigot and loser.

I'll just say that he's out

I'll just say that he's out of the picture, and his role in the story is effectively over. After all, this story is about Jessica, and not him.

three time loser

someone who turns their back on family not once but twice.

where I'm going with that is turning your back on your brother/sister and then your
son/daughter. And then cheating on your wife.

that's a three time loser.

Wolf_0.jpg