Not into boots but I couldn't resist - Dammit!

Printer-friendly version
image_22.jpg

So Caroline was going on about being broke and needing new shoes and I got really angry…

"Why don't you do what I do and go to the thrift shops to buy things?"

"Because you look like you buy them in thrift shops, that's why! Beside I bet you don't buy everything from thrift shops - what about your panties; what about those boots you're wearing now?"

Well Caroline had me there - the boots I mean - so I had to admit I'd got them new for $30 from a shop three blocks over from Han Lee's restaurant. Naturally she had to go there and 'right now' which is why we're walking home this way and the story came out.

* * * * * *

"I'm not into boots and always used to wear sneakers. That's what I was wearing the day I was going for an interview with Mr Han Lee." The two of us crossed the road at this point, Caroline with a hand at the top of my back guiding me like any girl would another girl. There are times when I wish I could tell her that I'm a boy but if I did I'd lose my job, lose my flat and I must admit lose the best friend I've ever had because I've never had such good times as since I got this job and Caroline and I became what she calls BFFs

On the other side of the road I continued my story. "It was on the way to Han Lee's that I saw the shop. I wouldn't have gone in but my feet were getting wet through the holes in the bottom of my sneakers which I knew in any case weren't the thing for an interview. I needed the job so badly that I'd have spent everything I had to boost my chances and in I went…"

I paused in my tale because I was going to have to phrase things carefully so Caroline didn't guess I was a boy. "It's a nice shop though a bit old-style. Got one of those tinkly bells on the door which I like. Anyway, that day when the bell rang this oldish, silver-haired guy came out with a friendly smile - not like the smarmy boys you get in lots of places. He asked what he could do to help and all I could see were women's boots so I explained that I wanted something to help me pass a job interview."

* * * * * *

There was only a block to go now as I wound up my story. "He disappears under the counter reappearing with a pair of knee-high, black wedge-heeled boots saying that a bit of extra height always goes down well at an interview and I was just made for these boots. It was an odd way of phrasing it but when I tried them they were so immediately comfortable I just had to have them!"

What I didn't tell Caroline was that like many boys I'm sensitive about being short and it felt wonderful to be 3" taller although the deciding point was that even though they were women's boots the wedge heels hardly showed at all as heels under a pair of trousers.

"Well I didn't have enough money for any new boots so I'm going to try to do some deal with him when nice as you like he says the boots were out of fashion and if I hadn't come in he was going to drop them off at the thrift shop so that's how I got new boots but at the thrift shop price of $30."

That's when we arrived at the shop and I looked up at the gold on varnished wood sign Henry Harrelson's Custom Fit Boots. The bell tinkled as we entered and Henry Harrelson appeared with a warm smile for us both

"Max, it's so good to see you and looking so well"

"Thank you Mr Harrelson I am feeing very well too. I got the job and this is my workmate Caroline who is interested in some new boots - I wonder what style would she fit? In my case you seemed to have found something I wouldn't normally have chosen but as soon as I put them on I knew it was a case of Not into boots but I can't resist - Dammit!"

The End

With apologies to 2 Broke Girls

up
115 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I can't resist it!

Andrea Lena's picture

Dammit! I loved this story!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Dammit I too can't resist it

Christina H's picture

Rhona McCloud

You have done it again! these shorts are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina

Nice!

Henry Harrelson's Custom Fit Boots are a great universe and this story really fits right in.
Hugs
Grover

Wonderful little story. To

Wonderful little story. To me, the sexiest outfit for any older teen girl or women is a skirt about 2-4 inches above the knees, with boots that end just approximately 5-6 inches below the knee. Just as you see in the photo. Don't know why, it just is something I have loved since I was little.
Janice

giggles

I'm not into boots either, but I loved this little story -dammit!

DogSig.png

Cute one Rhona!

I've actually been shopping for a pair of these on Amazon! Loving Hugs Talia