The teachings of Little Miss Sunshine

Printer-friendly version

It was a warm summery morning on the Gold Coast. The seagulls were squawking, a light offshore breeze blew and a building swell promised epic tubes in the afternoon. In the penthouse apartment she shared with her two elder sisters, Samaya and Nikita, Nik’s baby Elody and Nik’s handsome boyfriend, Marcus (they called him Marcus Aurelius because he was like a Roman general guarding them from the outside world), little Jane found herself alone. Samaya - they liked to call her Princess Samaya because she was so drop-dead gorgeous - was already out on the waves. She had just that week qualified to join the ranks of the Women’s Professional Surfing Assocation and she and her best mate Steph Gilmore were celebrating by charging few barrels. Jane had wanted to go surfing, too; she idolised Sam and Steph; they often took her out when the waves were small but today Nikita had told her littlest sister to stay home and look after Elody.
Jane liked to gaze on the sleeping Elody, she looked so serene; the little girl often wondered what she had been like when she was a baby – happy, she supposed; everyone was happy in her family. Nik was professor of English at the University of Queensland and had a busy life. It was sometimes hard to find the time to look after the baby. Marcus was busy, too; he was a computer specialist, something to do with viruses or something. Jane didn’t understand computers, that would have to wait until she was older and a writer like Nik. So everyone shared in the babysitting and today it was little Jane’s turn on the roster.

Very quickly she got bored with watching the baby and she was soooo jealous of Sam and Steph out on their boards (that was funny, she thought, “board” rhymes with “bored”). Jane loved books and words and she was sometimes very bossy about all her knowledge. She was also a scamp and when she was bored, she usually got into trouble.
“What should I do,” she asked herself. “Ah, I know …” She decided to have a look in Nik’s dress closet; she did it all the time. (Princess’s closet was rather boring, she had decided, all those wetsuits and bikinis – they were for big strong girls not little Jane.) But all this sneaking around had its perils. She sometimes got caught, and Nik usually had to put her over her knee and give her a good spanking!
Nik’s closet seemed to go on forever – it was like a magic wardrobe full of every pretty dress that was ever invented. Jane loved the party dresses best: she had some of her own but she got bored with them quickly. Nik, however, had an enormous collection; she had been a pageant princess when she was Jane’s age and had even been crowned Little Miss Queensland. Today Jane helped herself to a beautiful pale blue dress, with short puffy sleeves, and a sash that tied in a big bow at the back. It even had lots of petticoats, which she also adored.

“They won’t be back for hours,” Jane thought, as she carried her booty back into the lounge room. She quickly slipped off her plain cotton sun frock and started dressing up in the blue creation. She still wasn’t much of a girly girl – the other kids at her school thought she was a bit of a tomboy; some of the boys threw stones at her once and Marcus had to go and speak to the principal. One of the bullies – the ringleader – got a real belting from his dad. “Hah,” Jane had said to him. “Serves you right!”
Little Jane soon had the dress on but she was struggling with the petticoats and then, when they were finally straightened, she took ages to get the bow just right (when it came to dresses, Jane was a real little perfectionist). She already had her frilly white socks and her best black Mary Janes on (she loved those shoes; she even wore them to the beach one day and Princess had to stop her jumping into the water and ruining them). Finally she looked perfect and began twirling around the room, petticoats dancing up and down. She loved watching herself in the mirror - she would dream she was a princess like her sister.

But something was wrong! Jane still had her ugly old cottontails on. Nik and Princess would only let her wear her favourite pair of frilly panties on special occasions.
So back into Nik’s room she went and made a beeline for her sister’s undies drawer. She found what she wanted immediately: Nik’s very own pale yellow panties, which were covered in ruffles. She quickly slipped off the cottontails and put on the frillies, pausing to look at her tiny pussy (she often dreamt about having a real grown-up pussy like her sisters). She was always careful to make sure Nikita’s lingerie looked undisturbed – she was such a little sneak! – so she began tidying up the glamorous lingerie. Suddenly she found something square and hard. It was a book: a Penguin Classics book to be exact: The Art of War by Sun-Tzu. Nik had put a pretty cover on it and written on the title page “This book belongs to Nikita. Please don’t steal it – especially YOU, Jane.

Well, that pulled the little girl up. She loved to read books – any book - but she didn’t want to get caught in Nik’s things again. It was quite a dilemma. Eventually her brain won the argument. She grabbed the book and went back into the lounge room to check on little Elody.

“She’s still sleeping,” she told herself, “and Nik and Princess won’t be home for ages.” She jumped on the sofa, smoothing out her skirt to sit down (“like a proper lady”) and began reading the book.
It was very strangely written, she thought, more like a Chinese poem than a real book and she didn’t understand some of the words. She had to look them up on the big dictionary Nik always left on the coffee table when she was marking her papers or writing her latest thesis.

Soon the little girl felt she was understanding a little of what the book was about. There was lots of interesting stuff about soldiers and wars and battles and words like Ying and Yang and discipline and the rules of conflict, and it was all ruled over by someone called Master Sun.

Jane was a skite – she loved telling people she was a genius and Nik often had to calm her down when she became hysterical about how clever she was. Today she was much more relaxed and soon she was lying down on the sofa, buried in the book, her dress and petticoats all over the place, her panties on show for all the world to see. Very quickly she drifted off to sleep dreaming about “Master Sun” and his war rules.
Suddenly, there came the sound of a key scraping on the front door lock, and Marcus and Nikita strode in, holding Samaya up between them. Princess had cut her foot on a rock while she and Steph Gilmore had been tearing up the big waves crashing on to the reef. She was OK, but she would need stitches.

“What’s going on here,” Nikita shouted, shaking Jane awake. “Have you been in my clothes again, Jane? That’s my dress – and you’ve even been stealing my panties again. I hope Elody is all right.” Samaya chimed in: “Yeah, don’t be such a fuckwit, Jane; you’re always snooping around in our rooms.”
Marcus was the only one keeping his cool. He was used to all these squealing girls and was infinitely patient but Samaya’s foot needed medical attention and he wanted to get her to the hospital.

“Can we deal with that when we get home.” he called. “Samaya can’t afford to have any injuries to her feet, now that she’s finally got her shot at the big contests.”
His voice of reason calmed the girls and the three headed out again to get Sam to the hospital.

Jane was left alone with the baby again. She was feeling a bit sheepish and not a little frightened. After she had taken off the dress and reluctantly slipped out of her big sister’s pretty panties, she put them back in Nik’s room. Ashamed, she went back to the couch and sat there crying.

Eventually, the waterworks stopped and she picked up the book which had fallen onto the floor. She again became immersed in it and soon a thought crossed her mind.
“Master Sun says victory comes to the general who knows the way of deception.” To little Jane, that sounded like Master Sun was saying a boss had to be sneaky. Little Jane thought to herself: “I’m a sneak and I’m a little general, and I can certainly boss around my sisters.”

When she resumed her babysitting duties, she found her head was full of Sun Tzu’s entreaties, plus she was frightened Nik might take the hairbrush to her little bottom. “Maybe there’s something to this Sun Tzu stuff,”she thought.
Soon enough, the others returned. Samaya’s foot was fine: “just a couple of stitches,” she told her little sister. Nik was not so forgiving. “And as for you, Miss Behaviour,” she told Jane. “You march right up to your room and I’ll be in shortly.”
Janes was downcast – she knew what was going to happen next. And she was still holding that infernal book. She had a thought: “Why don’t I push the book down the back of my panties and tell the truth”. That would definitely be a departure from her usual screeching and tantrums.

As Nikita entered her bedroom, Jane quickly hid the book.
“I’m fed up with your deceit, Jane, and all this poking your nose into everyone else’s business – and my wardrobe.”

Jane definitely knew what was coming next. “I’m sorry, Sis. I just get bored and you know how I love to dress up.” This was very different to the little girl’s usual dramatic excuses and screaming. Nikita was suddenly in two minds. She so rarely saw her little sister so calm and apologetic.

“All right, I know you’re a good girl deep down and you seem apologetic but you still need to be punished, so assume the position.”

Jane lay down across her sister’s knees and prepared for a thrashing. The hairbrush came down on her little bum six times. “Now get into bed and think about what you’ve done.” Nikita left, pulling the door shut behind her.

Jane was slightly bewildered: she hadn’t even felt her sister’s hand on her bottom. Then she remembered – The Art of War was still down the back of her panties.
She removed the book and snuggled down in her bed. It was still daytime but she was feeling sleepy, and closed her eyes.

A final thought crossed her mind: “Sun Tzu was right: a general has to be sneaky and brave. Well, I’m the general and I was sneaky and I fooled Nik into thinking I was a reformed bossy boots.

“Maybe I’m a general after all or even the reincarnation of Master Sun. From now on, they can call me Little Mistress Sunshine, ha.”
Sleep soon took the little girl by the hand and they marched off together into slumberland.
The end

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good story but...

This was a nice litte tale, but I don't see the TG element in it.

An Unreliable Narrator

Maybe?

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Maybe?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. You're being way too cryptic for my little brain. JB

Sunshine Supergirl
Paris, Texas (y'all)

I Think Angela is Suggesting...

...that our Jane here is anatomically male, and in that sense the narration can't be completely trusted. Small indications, mostly (as you say below) probably illusory as this turned out: her sister seemed more upset than the situation might have warranted as to Jane's change of clothes and underwear; Jane's abrupt switch in strategy to submissiveness from (we're told) the usual loud complaints and bald-faced lies; the narrator describing her as tomboyish at school.

It's awfully subtle, possibly nothing more than an attempt on our part to justify the "transgender" tag at the top.

Eric

misunderstanding

No, Eric, you're absolutely right (up to a point). Jane is only an anatomical girl in the story (she's only an ugly old bloke up in my mind). I take fictional writing very seriously and one of the most important things is verisimilitude. And of course it's a transgender story. Why would I post it here if it wasn't? LMS

Sunshine Supergirl
Paris, Texas (y'all)

No TG element

Hi jwilliams: I guess I was being too subtle. I'm a TG myself just starting to transition and I have always had fantasies of being a happy little girl. Jane is me in a perfect world. The other stuff is mostly fiction, but I don't want to give too much away. And I appreciate the comment, Jane

Sunshine Supergirl
Paris, Texas (y'all)

Welcome

Welcome Sunshine to BCTS , good story now on to the next 1 HUGS Richie2

Thanx muchly

Hi Richie2: Now steady on - I do this writing stuff for a living. I don't really have time to be bashing out TG fiction all day (much as I wish I could lol). But thanks for the pat on the back.
By the way, why don't you have a nom de plume; every writer should have at least one (at last count, I had six, I think: I do drawings at Deviantart as rachel04 and I write real confessional/pointy headed stuff at TG Stories under the name Jane Sweet.I'm surprised I don't have multiple personality disorder, lol).
Take care, Jane

Sunshine Supergirl
Paris, Texas (y'all)

Thank you so much

Hi Richie2: Thank you for your kind greeting.(By the way, why don't you have a nom de plume - all writers should have one!) I'd love to write a new story - I'd love to write every day - but I have a busy life outside the closet. I'll certainly look forward to looking at your stories, LMS

Sunshine Supergirl
Paris, Texas (y'all)

Curious

Why the Aussie location?... and Steph Gilmore is a 5 times women's champion surfer.

Surfing

Hi Grim City Girl (what would that Grim City be?): I love surfing, always have (getting a bit old for it now tho) and I love watching the girls surf. I set it in Australia because that's where a lot of the good surfers come from (and there's even a TG surfer called Peter Drouyen, also an Aussie). And yes, I know Steph Gilmore is 5 times world championship, I don't think I suggested otherwise, did I? Maybe you just misread it,cowabunga, LMS

Sunshine Supergirl
Paris, Texas (y'all)

Lol

The Grim City is Sydney(where I live) close to the beach where I also used to surf(to old for it now.) We used to watch the guys and gals surf (fun days)

I just found it strange to see Steph referred to as a character.

Joanna