Eve - Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version
Eve  

Chapter 7
(Revised)

 

Simon Jones is Eve Jones. But she didn't know.

 

 
Previously:

Eve Jones, formerly Simon, has arrived at the hospital to see her surgeon. This is her first time outside en femme but it was not her idea.

Now the story continues.
 
 
Eve Chapter 7
 
My surgeon, Mr Bishop, shuffled some papers on his desk and scanned a report briefly.

"Eve, I had some disturbing information from Dr Fox, the psychiatrist, and I need to know if you were feeling unwell at all before you were brought into hospital?"

"I think so."

"Like what?"

"I was getting headaches."

"What?" gasped mum but Mr Bishop asked her to keep quiet.

"I was getting them every other day, sometimes more often."

"For how long?"

"Since Easter. I thought it was because of the GCSE exams."

"So you didn't tell your mother?"

"No, like I said I thought it was exam pressure but I didn't like to say. Why?"

"It could have been a symptom of the tumour."

"Oh."

"Have you had a headache since the surgery?"

"Not quite the same."

"What were the earlier ones like?"

"They would start near my neck and work up. I'd feel woozy for a few minutes, unable to focus then it would clear."

"And in the last week?"

I pointed to the front of my head.

"Frontal lobe or temporal lobe? Hmmm. Do you get them often?"

"No, and not for a few days."

"That will have been a normal reaction to the drugs you were on. Please tell your mother and your GP if you get another headache. It could be important."

"Yes sir."

"OK, Eve, we took several biopsies during the surgery and have sent these and the tumour for testing. We'll know more after we get the results back from the lab. I must warn you that we may need to use Chemo for a while."

He emphasised the word 'may' but that was cold comfort. He plainly saw my and mum's faces drop. We'd thought the surgery, however sudden, was the end of the problem.

"Eve, Mrs Jones, until the lab returns the results I can't tell you either way. I have told them the results have to be in by Wednesday morning."

I wasn't reassured but knew it would only be two days.

"Eve, there is one more thing. We checked your blood when you were admitted and several times while you were here. The initial results showed a low testosterone level and a raised estrogen level. Two weeks after your operation your testosterone level has dropped slightly more and your estrogen has risen. We will need to investigate this change and I have scheduled a CT scan for Wednesday morning at 9am. You were due to see one of my team at 10am but I will see now you personally. Do you understand? You may also be referred onto a blood specialist."

I looked at mum and then nodded. "How could this have happened?" I asked.

"Until we have the biopsies and the CT scan we can't be certain. It could have been an existing underlying problem, caused by the tumour or caused by the surgery. But, the blood taken before the surgery shows the same imbalance so we don't believe the surgery is responsible. We'll know more after the CT scan and when we've checked the blood we've just taken. You must not eat or drink anything after 8pm on Tuesday night, water only. OK?"

Mum replied for me "Yes Mr Bishop, I'll make sure she only has water."

Mr Bishop then stood and asked me over the the examination table where I sat. He called a nurse into the room and explained to me this was normal for female patients, or those presenting female. At his behest I took off the wig and dipped my head. The nurse took off the dressing and cleaned the wound.

"Very nice, it is healing faster than I expected. OK nurse you can redress her wound."

I was acutely aware of the female pronoun and wanted to challenge it but kept my mouth shut as I put the wig back on. I really didn't want to complicate matters any further.

"Right, I'll see you on Wednesday morning. Goodbye." The nurse ushered us back to the waiting area and we spoke to the receptionist briefly. We then headed back to the main out-patients entrance and found our ambulance crew talking to an orderly. I thought I recognised him as the same one who had taken me to my MRI a few days earlier. After a short delay we boarded and had an incident free ride home.

It was now almost 1pm and we were both hungry. I took off the jacket, hanging it on the back of a kitchen chair. Mum glared at me for that but I was already at the fridge door pulling a cold bottle of water out. I was about to swig it from the bottle when mum stopped me.

"Eve Jones, young ladies do not swig from the bottle. Take a glass off the shelf and use that. Take your antibiotics as well." She microwaved a couple of cheesy jackets and we ate quietly.

She looked at me sternly and reminded me that I must tell her of any future headaches. I then started to clear the table.

"Put them in the dishwasher, I'll put it on after dinner. When you're done, take the jacket upstairs and hang it in your wardrobe. You will not leave clothes lying around any more."

Confused, I pulled an unused hanger from my wardrobe and hung the jacket up. I could understand being called Eve while at the hospital, after all that's what my hospital file said and they had recorded me as transgendered; I was still waiting for mum to fix that problem as no-one at the hospital had listened to me. The doorbell rang and mum let someone in.

"Eve, come down here. Keep your hair on!"

I walked gingerly downstairs into the lounge to see who the visitor was and found a young lady in the kitchen. Mum was making her a cup of tea and told me to sit down. The lady introduced herself as Miss Scott, my private tutor.

"Eve, we'll cover your personal details first. I had these papers sent from the LEA. Can you look over them please."

I looked over the form, name and address were fine. My gender however was shown as Female. I hovered my finger over the errant box but mum shooed me away and said that everything was correct. Am I being pushed into a corner by mum?

"Great, that bit is over. Your school told me that your subjects were Media Studies, English and History. Is that correct?" I said it was.

"How we're going to do this is partly with me, partly from your text books and partly using online learning. Do you have broadband here?". Mum confirmed we did. She asked for my email address and said I would receive a web link and login for an educational site. I was to commit to an hour Monday to Friday online with my coursework set remotely. The rest of the time I was to work on coursework set by Miss Scott and hand it into her every Friday.

"That's good. I'll bring your text books here tomorrow morning. In the meantime I want you to write a review of the main stories in the most recent local paper and a look at the style of presentation on tonight's BBC 6 o'clock news. I'll expect those completed by 11 am tomorrow when I'll see you next. Make sure it's all typed. Here's a memory stick you should save it to."

She handed me a memory stick and got up to leave. after shaking my hand she left. This first assignment could be interesting, I was the main story on the local paper the previous week. We still hadn't seen the edition from last Friday though.

"What do you think of her?" mum asked.

"You mean apart from my sex being wrong again!"

"Your record must have been taken from the LEA files before they said they'd fixed it. There's no point telling her that it's wrong as it's not her fault and she wouldn't believe you anyway."

I put my head in my hands and started to sob. My hair, I mean my wig, fell in front of my face. Mum came round behind me and put her hands round me.

"This just feels so wrong." I eventually said. "Mum, a few weeks ago I was looking forward to going back to school. Now, on top of the surgery I might have to have chemotherapy. Life's not fair."

"Come into the lounge and we'll talk about it." She led me gently to the couch and sat next to me as I tried to dry my eyes.

"Honey, can you just accept that this is happening for a reason. On Wednesday we'll have the test results. Until then try not to worry, it could be over nothing. On Friday we'll ask Dr Kumar if you can wear underpants and trousers again. Until then, if we need to go out you have to be decent, I explained all that this morning. We have to do this properly so that there's no way you could look anything but a young lady, the alternative will get you ridiculed, or worse. Remember, it is only temporary and and you can wear trousers or leggings in a few days. Then we'll ask Mr Dixon to get your name changed. I promise."

I had to accept what she said and added that to my growing list of acceptances. I noticed the reference to leggings however, and she hadn't said anything about the wig covering my dressing and bald head.

I sat there on my own thinking for a while, wondering where this was going, when I heard a noise in the kitchen. Claire came into the lounge and sat with me, Annie followed. Annie said mum had asked her to empty my locker at school. Mum gave her my locker key and a note giving permission. Claire gave me a kiss and a hug. Annie put a copy of the local paper on the coffee table, apparently mum had asked her to get it.

"Simon, they've worked out at school that you and Eve are the same person.There were a couple of a rumours, one was that you were having a sex change." Annie suddenly said.

I stared at Claire and burst into tears again. She hugged me tight then pulled my face to hers and kissed me on the lips. My tears forgotten I kissed her back and was lost in her arms. I never paid attention to the eyes that were observing us, until mum coughed.

"What was the other rumour?" asked mum.

"Oh, that the sex change idea was a joke but that Eve had been pretending to be a boy called Simon."

"Annie, what else did you hear?" asked mum.

"This is all second hand, so I really don't know how true it is."

"That's ok, just tell me what you know."

"One of the boys, Joey Brown, said he'd overheard one of the office staff talking about how Simon was really Eve and that she'd been seen at the hospital this morning. He also heard them say that Eve was too pretty to have been a real boy."

"Did either of you say anything?"

"No," both Annie and Claire replied firmly. Mum was satisfied with their response but continued.

"Thanks, please remember you can't say anything about Eve because of the legal case."

They both agreed, having done the same on Saturday morning. Claire turned back to me and kissed me again. No-one interrupted us, apart from a quiet comment about 'getting a room' that went unacknowledged.

I was alot calmer when we came up for air. I made a dash for the upstairs bathroom and, having had a pee, looked in the mirror. My eyes were red and my lipstick smudged. I grabbed a flannel and wiped my face clean, including my forehead. The flannel was streaked with foundation and lipstick and would need washing. I took off the wig and placed it on my bed before returning downstairs.

"Why did you take off your wig?" asked Claire.

"I was getting hot."

"Eve, you need to keep it on in case we have another visitor. If you're hot go back to the bathroom and use a baby wipe, but be careful with the dressing. You should then put the wig back on. Your makeup also needs sorting, you smudged your lipstick. Leave off the foundation this time but redo the eye shadow. Go upstairs and try to do it now, like I showed you. I'll be up in a minute to help you, we really must get you your own set. Claire, before you go home I suggest you have a look in the mirror, you don't want any questions do you?"

I got up carefully. As I left the room Claire was returning from the mirror, with a tissue in her hand. She was no longer wearing 'my' shade of lipstick on her cheeks or lips. She didn't wear makeup to school usually so it would have been a dead giveaway to her mum.

"Girls, hadn't you get home?" suggested mum. Annie and Claire reluctantly grabbed their school bags and said goodbye, not before Claire had one more peck at me.

I was more confused. As a boy, Claire and I had been good friends, but nothing more. Now, after one day in a frock I was being eaten alive. I knew now that I was falling in love with her, I just hadn't told her yet. Did I have to stay as Eve to keep Claire?

A few minutes later my makeup had been restored, again, but I'd taken three attempts to get it right. Having done that we returned to the kitchen. Mum had me put on an apron to protect 'my' dress. I'd always helped in the kitchen before but this was the first time she'd put an apron on me. She told me she was baking a quiche and could I prepare a salad.

By six thirty we were fed and had cleared the table. The dishwasher was making the right sort of noise. I had just settled onto the couch when the phone rang. Mum answered it and quickly walked into kitchen, closing the door. I heard her getting angry but couldn't work out what was being said.

"I think that was a parent of one of your fellow sixth formers. They have accused you of being a fraud and getting into the boy's changing rooms to get your thrills. I told him where he could put his allegation and said he'd be hearing from my solicitor. He didn't believe me so I hung up. The number had been withheld so I couldn't get it."

I was stunned. This was turning nasty and was out of my hands. I still couldn't say anything to anyone, except Claire and Annie. What was stranger was that we weren't in the phonebook and I never gave my home number out to anyone at school, only my mobile. Of course the school office, my doctor and the hospital had to know the home number.

"I'll speak to Mr Dixon when he comes here tomorrow evening. I promise I won't do anything in haste. I will speak to Claire and Annie's mum as well, they may be able to add to what we know." She was still angry but sat down with me and gave me a hug. "We'll get through this."

I"d missed the six o'clock news so watched the 7pm news on the BBC News channel instead, they wwere usually the same. I tried to make notes for my coursework but couldn't think straight. I left the local paper where it had fallen, the headline read "School Head Suspended."

By 8pm I was falling asleep so mum suggested I get to bed. Apart from two more antibiotics I needed no pills and quickly fell asleep.

I dreamt again that night. I was walking up the aisle with my bride Claire, and we were in matching wedding dresses. We kissed at the alter. The vicar was asking which of us was the bride. It didn't make sense to me but the vision was wonderful, until someone pulled my veil off and my hair fell out.

up
358 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

only a couple more days?

I suspect she's not going back to pants anytime soon ...

DogSig.png

No question now

The mother is dirty.

Jorey
.

I agree

WillowD's picture

Mom is seriously manipulating things.

Lots of the usual suspects

Lots of the usual suspects here around Eve and her home phone number; however my money is on the suspended Head Master. It would be one way to get back at Eve and her Mother for what has happened to him.

Sure seems like Mom is ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... if not at the center of at least involved in a conspiracy to feminize and femalize her son.

BE a lady!

Developments

So it seems as though the hormone changes are natural rather than forced, but it does seem as though mum's resolved to keep Eve around even after Simon's allowed to wear underwear again. Compounded onto this is Claire, who increasingly seems more attracted to him as Eve than Simon.

Oh what a tangled web...


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!