Nowhere to Run: Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version
nowheretorun.png


Chapter 5

The Escape

I wake up to the smell of Sausage and eggs. Mom was cooking on a strange grill. I looked around, and it seemed like I was in a restaurant. Confused, I looked around. “How did I get here?” I thought to myself. I gaze at the entrance to the restaurant. The chain fence was down. Hundreds of people were there wanting in. They were repulsive people. Looking like monsters.
Wait... those are zombies. My mind went blank for a second.

I notice Jennifer sitting at the table. I walk over to her and watch the zombies banging at the chain door.
"I hope they don't come in," I told Jennifer.

"I doubt they will," Jennifer said. "They've been trying for awhile now, the fence is like the one at Pawxie."

Mom brings over a plate of 3 pancakes, two eggs, and a sausage patty.

I slowly ate my food. I was thinking of the good old days when I would sit at home playing video games on Okra, a video game streaming service that out beat Twitch and YouTube. My friends would join in. I was also a partner and made money through subscriptions and power points.
I wasn't as popular as the famous JackTheSepticGuy, Marcuspliers or even PussyPie.

"Natalie, lets go!" Mom said, waking me up from my day dream. She had a bag in her hands. From the look of it, it was food from the restaurant.
I noticed the zombies were no longer at the gate.
Jennifer found a way to keep the zombies away. Not sure what it is.

~o~O~o~

The roof was empty. Which was good. I didn't want to see any zombies. I stayed close to mom. We looked down from the roof. As I expected, there were zombies all over the place, but they were scattered all around.

“This reminds me of the movie Dawn of the Dead, where they were on the roof of a mall, just like us,” I said looking down at all the zombies. “but in that movie, they chase us. These zombies are pretty slow. I believe we can outrun them.”

Mom was looking at her car from a distance. “We just have to make it to the car.”

“How can we do that?" I groaned. "Act like zombies like they do in Shaun of the Dead? This isn't a movie. This is real life.”

“We can find a dead zombie and smear ourselves with its stink, to smell like them. Exactly like that episode of the Walking Dead.”

“Eeew, Gross mom, I am not doing that,” Jennifer complained.
I glance at Jennifer. In her pocket was a cell phone. “How about you call someone on your phone?”

“I don't think there is any signal...” She says looking at her phone. “...Oh, wait there is?” The battery is low, but enough to call out for help. Mom takes the phone.

“I know the perfect guy to call.” She presses the buttons on the phone and walks away talking to someone on the other end. Jennifer and I look at each other. We were confused and wondered who she was talking to.

She got off the phone a minute later and sat down on the ground, smiling.
“Who did you call?” I asked.

“George.” She said still smiling. “He's on his way to get us.” We sat down next to mom and waited patiently.

“What about all that food we got in our bags.” Jennifer asked, holding up her bag.”

“Well, we can still use it at the...”

“I'm starving!” I interrupted.

“Natalie, it's not polite to interrupt people.

“Sorry mom,” I cried. Just then we heard beeping coming from under the mall walls. It was George.

“That was quick,” Jennifer said, glancing at the clock on her phone. We watched him run over zombie after zombie in his path. When he got to the building, we had to jump. The troubling thing is, he brought the truck of manure. We didn't want to jump in it, but that was the only way to get down without hurting ourselves.

“Hey, it beats smelling like a dead zombie carcass.” Mom said. We both agreed.

“But I am the first to take a shower when we get back to the house,” Jennifer said with a frown. The truck drove off and was on the way back to the house. I peeked out of the truck. Noticing zombies everywhere. Were we like the last people on Earth? I thought. Just then the truck stopped.

“What's going on, George?” Mom yelled at him.

“We ran out of fuel,” he yelled back. “I didn't expect to run out this fast.”

“What are we going to do?”

“We're going to have to run for it.”

I look back and see hundreds slowly heading our way.

BANG BANG BANG

Jennifer and George were shooting off the zombies. I didn't have my gun, otherwise I would have helped. Either I left it at the restaurant, or I dropped it somewhere. The shooting went silent. I fell to the ground and everything went dark.

~o~O~o~

I woke up from a bell.

A bell? Sounded like a doorbell. I looked around and realized I wasn't on the ground anymore. I was in my bedroom at the house.
I stare out the window. It was light outside. Must have been daytime.

“Hello Jack,” Jennifer was downstairs and opened the door. I can hear her from my room. "How are you doing?"

“I'm doing fine, is Nathan around?”

“Yes, let me get her,” she said walking to the stairs.

“Her?” he said, confused.

“Natalie, your friend Jack is here.”

“Natalie?” this time he was baffled.” He went to the kitchen and grabbed a drink from the fridge. It was in a bottle that looked like a soda. But when he drank it, it tasted nasty. Not drinking the whole thing, he puts it back in the fridge.

I came for Nathan, not a girl named Natalie.” I came running down the stairs. “Especially a little girl like her.”
“Jack!” I screamed. “So glad you made it. I am so bored.”

"Who are you?" He asked.

“Nathan... er... I mean Natalie now." I stare at the floor.
"Is this some kind of joke?" Jack laughed.
"It's a long story," I said.
Jack was confused. All of a sudden, he started to feel dizzy and fell the table and straight to the floor. It caused such a commotion, I hear George and Mommy running upstairs from the basement where they were.
They noticed Jack was on the floor.
George ran to the fridge. “Did he drink this soda?” He asked. “It's half empty.”

“I don't know. He might have. He went in here when I was getting Natalie.”

“I believe he drank the special formula, just like Natalie did.”
I was confused. “I drank that formula?” I said, pointing at it.

“Yes, you did. That's how you became a little girl.” He put the bottle on the counter. “I knew I should have put it in the fridge downstairs, but I thought it was safe here. With just girls, Alfred and me in the house.” He picked up Jack and brought him down to the basement into a little room, put him down on the bed. Jack was still laying there. He looked so peaceful. I sat down next to him. With my own eyes, I watched him slowly turn into a little girl. I started freaking out. "How could this be happening?"

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

He was never warned not to use food containers for dangerous ...

chemicals?

This is the second time he put this gender changing/age regressing formula in a beverage bottle and then stored it in the food fridge.

Not sure if he or the zombies are a greater threat

I blame global warming and reality TV.

-- grin --

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Well at least mom and the born sisters have another former boy to tease and otherwise mildly abuse and threaten.

You would think after a little sibling rivalry unless the former teen boys had been asses their now biologically older sisters would befriend them and help them find their way as girls?

And George makes the Absent Minded Professor look mature and responsible.

I can just see it a few years down the road...

"Mommy, Daddy, my older sisters who I love so very much. Just to show you I bear no ill will about how you had to treat me so tough at first when I became a girl here are your favorite cocktails. Non alcoholic for my sisters of course. Now drink then all down like good adults and older sisters."

-- giggle --

"Thank you little sis. Sorry we had to be mean but you are so cute and well we got carried away. Plus you did have to face the fact you are a little girl and needed to act like one. Thanks sissy."

"Yeah thanks. This tastes great."

"This is tasty. Maybe you could be a chef or tend bar when you grow up?"

"These are delicious sweetie. What did you make them with?"

"Oh, gin, a little vermouth, in yours mommy and daddy. The rest is passion fruit juice, apple juice, some ice and oddles and oodles of daddy's special soda water in all of them. You know from those bottles he keeps in the downstairs fridge? Hope you like wearing diapers and being spanked a lot my LITTLE sisters!"

Hey a person can dream.

John in Wauwatosa

Transition Soda

I bet that 'soda' will sell like hot cakes if it is really sold in the market. And that is just what crazy professor do; keep those crazy formula drinks in the freezer so little boys can try them. lol