Sweet Dreams-58

Printer-friendly version

Sweet Dreams-58

Chapter 58

*Before…

“Honestly girls I could give two shits about the schools popularity wars and stuff. I don’t care who owes who what or who’s sleeping with who and who looked better in what effing outfit that who and shit like that.”
Jen chuckles. “Yeah exactly why they hate you.”
Betty… “And like no offense but you’re poor Hunter they are really like offended you’re even in the school.” She then mimics someone she heard. “Effing crack whore isn’t there like rules for having people like her in our school.”
The girls are nodding and I turn around from the sink and the mirrors. “Okay…if Alex is in I’ll do it but can someone tell me what the actual point is? I mean other than the dance and stuff what does Homecoming Queen actually do?”

*And Now…

There’s way, way more of a screaming girly squealy moment than I thought that there would be and it makes me wince. I wave my arms and my hand s to try and shut them up and quiet them down but that just goes to show just how much apparently I don’t get about all of this.

Jen looks at me after the girly-burst. “Well when you’re like Homecoming Queen you do stuff like for the team.”

“Team which one.”

“Uhm…the football team…” Betty says it in the almost singy valley girl way that could have been followed by Like Duh…

I look at her. “Just them?”

Jen nods. “Pretty much and yearbook stuff like pictures and then there’s like the parade and the dance.”

“Parade…like down the street parade.”

There’s nods.

Shoot me, just…just shoot me.

Alex slips over and wraps his arms around me and there’s that hug. That really tight hug he does. “You don’t have to do this.”

“I kind of do, I mean I just can’t let her and them get away with acting the way that they do. I mean if she wins and stuff she’ll be lording it over us all year.”

I can tell, I swear I can tell he’s making a face. “I hate this crap you know that right?”

“Then don’t run Alex just because I am that doesn’t mean that you have to.”

“No way, no how am I going to let you go through this without me Hunter.”

I sort of slip around in his arms and turn around to look at him. “Thank you…”

I kiss him pretty decently then and there and yeah the girls are doing that fan-girling thing that some of them do with like romantic stuff and shipping us with way more lusty stuff that what really goes on with us and everything but whatever.

Oh…I can’t believe I just whatevered.

I can’t believe I’m running in homecoming and court.

I’m still working on getting a grip on Alex and me still being something real and my life changing so drastically.

But I tell ya that boy can kiss, and I’m finding despite myself I’m really falling into that stereotypical girl thing when it comes to kissing him and stuff.

There’s some very loud and pointed coughing from two of the teachers there and we break it up but nothing’s really said.

That’s good but still weird.

I’m really not used to being in the privileged set at school.

I’m kind of used to hating people like Jen.

And me?

I look around the caf and it’s just a sort of morbid kind of curious look and I’m looking not at the kids around me in the whole popular side of things but over to what would have been me…you ‘know the loners and the geeks and the sort of like unpopular kids that don’t really fit the popular and semi popular high school tribes and I’m kind of looking for.

Yeah…it’s there.

I see them and they see me and some of them sort of do the don’t look right at it thing with me but some of them are doing the glare and don’t like me because I’m one of “Them” looks.

Sigh…fuck.

I knew it was bound to happen and yeah if I was a shitty person and all self-absorbed and shit I’d trot out the they’re just jealous crap but I’ve been there and they’re coming at this from places of being likely treated like dogshit by some of these popular people and stuff.

So…I’m going to need to change that.

I lean back into Alex and enjoy the moment. “You won’t mind if I do this?”

“Yeah, I’ll mind if you’re dragging me into this too.”

“You want me parading with someone else?”

“No.”

He makes this face, it’s not quite the jealous face but the him not liking the idea of me with someone else. I kind of look up and back at him and sort of do my own smile and run my fingers over his. “I’m not going anywhere Alex, we’ve been through too much already.”

It’s such an odd feeling that this disturbs him that I might be doing something like that with someone else. I mean it kind of feels good, I mean not that this bothers him but that it makes him feel.

Wow that sort of sounds bad really. I mean it’s definitely a girl thing or seems like. But there’s something about him wanting me like that or better needing me that does something inside. I’m not sure I like the thought of me being into things that feel that way. It feels…okay…I knew and likely know girls that would make this sort of situation…mom’s like that. Yo-yo someone’s feelings until they behave the way that you want them to.

If it happens because it just happens it’ll be like yay cool but I’m not going to keep looking for it.

Sigh….

I really never thought about this stuff before, and falling for Alex, being with Alex it’s getting past the turbo-fast-sex-fuzzy-logic-love-stuff…And that’s scary and messed up when you take we barely know each other, we’ve barely dated and we just happened and we’re living together.

And the shiny’s wearing thin to the real.

I don’t mind the real though. After years of bullshit and running and cons and the steps hit and his drug deals and mom dancing and hooking.

Alex hugs me tighter. “It’s okay…you’re not there.”

(Sniffle.) “How’d?”

“Your breathing changes when you go there Hunter.”

“It does?”

“Yeah it does, you get this look too.”

I shrug and it makes my body sort of rub up to him in good ways. Not like sexy but that being held and feeling more of just how big and solid and just there he is.

I just enjoy it.

“You don’t mind doing this with me?”

“Yes, I said I do mind but we’re together and that’s all the support each other thing right?”

“Dunno Alex, I’ve never really seen a healthy relationship.”

“Me neither, but it sounds good.”

I look at him and he’s got that sort of semi half grin. That one that I like so much. I smile back and kiss him again and he kisses me and admin are coming over to cough us apart again when the bell goes off for registration.

I smile and wave at him as we head off to our own classes and lockers and the girls are with me to that point asking me about if I’m going to stay in the running and there’s squeals that I am and that Alex is too and that we’re going to try and do this together.

Jen’s actually not as annoying and we talk a bit about her and Cindy being in the running too and the fact that Jen’s run before but this time as a girl-girl couple.

We even got a sour faced some chick do this whole mini-bitch thing of “Dyke” at her as we’re headed to English after homeroom.

“Actually I’m Bisexual if that’s a problem Jo-Anne!” Jen actually almost shouts it. She’s definitely not in a closet over this.

The Jo-anne girl looks shocked, livid…and like the wind got taken out of her sails. I look at her then walk with Jen right past her. “Don’t pay her no mind Jen, bigots usually thing what they thinks scary is insulting. I think it’s pretty cool that you don’t label the people you care for.”

I meant it too. It’s very cool that she’s being that open but also the Bi thing. I mean there’s a shitload of people even in the LGBT thing that aren’t really about the Bisexuality thing. It’s actually really misunderstood a lot too. Like there’s people that’d think that Jen switched “sides” or that she should since she’s with Cindy when it’s noting like that.

It’s just simply she’s with Cindy, not her gender.

I think that right there along with trans people there’s a whole lot of want things to be more than what they actually are.

Like me…technically I’m intersexed and there’s a lot of folks that say I’m just getting something fixed more than actually transitioning. Well that’s another million pounds of bullshit, most people know shit-all about being intersexed and think that we’re all just hermaphrodites that just need a little snip done.

I needed that, and opening, and I don’t have the parts I need and I have to take hormones and stuff too…and I’m just one, one variation on that.

Sigh…I’m still learning about all of that stuff too.

Classes are classes and stuff and there’s a few people that are giving me nods or wishing me luck in running for home coming and I shake a few hands with all of that feeling weird since this is the first time I’ve ever really shook hands that much?

I mean guys sort of do at this age but I’ve never been the definition of guy more like guy meets gender queer and stuff.

But I shake hands and I do it with some of the girls too. I got some pleased and sort of odd looks. Girls often don’t shake hands either, I mean not high school aged ones.

Morning break comes around and I asked and got a copy of the homecoming charter and stuff from Todd who got it from the yearbook committee and I’m going over it and taking notes as Alex brings me a coffee.

Yay coffee.

Yay Boyfriend.

up
172 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

shaking the trees

and stirring up the leaves. Hunter is going to rattle the status quo for sure.
good chapter, thanks

Definitely, Hunter's got plans or ideas at least.

The one thing will be that she won't want to be just like all the other girls running or the ones that ran or homecoming queens in the past.
*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

Vote Hunter!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

If this was one of those coming of age tv dramas, the voiceover of older Alex or older Hunter would be saying something like "and the day Hunter decided to run for Homecoming Queen was the day that nothing was the same again"... This should definitely be interesting. Verrrry interesting.

I kinda get the feeling that Adam is going to love this (he may be reformed but clearly he still has aspirations for Alex to achieve things) and especially the whole fish out of water thing for Hunter. Still, she's identified a key voting base in those ignored by the pretty, popular people and if she can mobilise it she has a real chance.

Great to see another chapter of this story Bailey!

*hugs*



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

And cue "Wonder Years Music."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnfXoVCUAS4&feature=kp

I loved that older them part of your comment I could so almost here Alex's older voice narrating.

It's still a lot surreal to her with the switch from her looking from the inside looking out this time.

And Adam's so going to be for this because it's profile building for Alex and Hunter even.

And Hunter's like "Vote Me!?...yeah me."

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

"she’s with Cindy, not her gender."

as someone who is slowly accepting that she is bi, this is a good reminder of what's going on in my head.

As always, bless you, Bailey Summers.

DogSig.png

I realized I was bi.....

D. Eden's picture

My freshman year of college. Surprisingly enough, it was a lot easier to deal with that than it was to deal with my gender issues.

The only real change I have noticed in my sexuality is that since I admitted to myself just exactly what my true gender is - well, let's just say that I find myself looking at men a lot more than I used to, and women differently than I used to.

I had always considered myself to be leaning more towards being attracted to women in the past - but I find that the pendulum has swung somewhat the other way. And although I still feel a definite attraction toward women, I find myself admitting more and more that the attraction is not to the woman per se, so much as it is me looking at what she is wearing and appraising how she looks and whether or not that would be a good look for me as well.

I am still definitely bi - and I must admit that my strongest attraction is still to my ex, but then that was always so much more than just a physical attraction.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Re: I realized I was bi.....

I knew by my late teens that I was attracted to both males and females, the male bit despite the fact I'd been raped by guys.

I've had relationships with women since my early 20s, but the first "good" time with a male was a month after I turned 40.

My attraction for women is a fair bit stronger than my attraction for men, but if the right guy came along, who knows?

Maybe I could get lucky and somehow end up with one or more of both; I am poly and bi, it could be lots of fun.

As usual......

D. Eden's picture

Another wonderful addition to the story.

And, I finally made it through a chapter without crying!

Of course, that could be that I am just totally cried out this weekend.......

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

TY Dallas, glad that you enjoyed this.

It's just a little sweet slice of life, and a gentle story snuggle chapter. It's not much but it's another few steps along.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Yay coffee, yay boyfriend, yay Sweet Dreams...

Oh goody, another chapter.

I think running for Homecoming Queen will be good for Hunter. Get her out and schmoozing and bring her further out of her old shell.

But of course, she's Hunter, and she'll do it her way, shaking a few people up along the way. :)

I loved Jen putting Jo-Anne in her place.

*hugs*
Lees

I agree Lees :)

Hunter's already got stirring ideas of how to do this her way.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Yay Coffee

Elsbeth's picture

Yay, another chapter. I think Im done catching up. Always great stuff.

*hugs*

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Yep Yay coffee, Yay Alex too.

I love writing for this, and will have to do so soon as everything permits.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Comfort zone

Jamie Lee's picture

Hunter was steamed that someone threw her hat into the ring for homecoming queen along with Alex for king.

Insults from "think I'm entitled" girl decided for Hunter because she comes from a school where you don't back down from a fight.

So far Hunter has kept to a comfort zone which has helped her, and Alex, start coming to terms with some real deep hurts. April has gentle pulled Hunter into some things Hunter isn't comfortable doing, and she survived.

Now she getting into another thing which takes her outside that sort of comfort zone, and hopefully will show her she'll again survive.

Adam will be glad they both are doing this because not only will it show they get involved but because both need to see they can survive doing something new and unfamiliar. He knows life isn't one comfort zone after another, but a series of unexpected events one after another. And they need to learn how to deal with the new and unexpected.

Others have feelings too.