Here's How It's Gonna Happen

Printer-friendly version

Here's How It's Gonna Happen

By Melanie E.

-==-

"No."

"...What?"

"I said no. I'm not doing that."

"You think you have a choice? If you wanna be a sissy then--"

"Who ever said I was a sissy?"

"Hey, you're the one who decided they needed a fucking pussy not me!"

"I told you I was a woman! Because I thought you loved me. Because I thought you'd care."

"Pfeh. Like any of you things really want love. All you want is someone to tell you what to do. I've seen the stories online."

"Well apparently you haven't seen the right ones."

"Oh just shut up already and either--"

"I already told you no."

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?! I'm not finished with you!"

"Maybe not, but I'm finished with you."

-==-

Okay, so not much here, but it was, like, five minutes from concept to completion so there's that going for it. Not really a drabble, but more just that I've been seeing a lot of discussions turn to forced femme and acceptance and things like that lately, or at least it seems so, and I've always imagined that nine times out of ten, if a situation like what you see in those stories DID pop up, this is how it would go.

up
146 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I like :)

I like :)

short

but to the point.
well done, thanks

Singing

on the same hymn sheet here.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood. . ..

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Forced Fem

Enemyoffun's picture

I'm sure I don't speak for everyone but I for one am sick and tired of it. I think it gives TG fiction a bad name.I hate it even more when someone tells me I'm being a moron about hating it because that's "apparently where TG fiction is going". In my opinion, you can write TG fiction without forced fem and bondage and bimbos lol.

EOF

it has a place

when I was struggling with myself and hating my myself for wanting to be a woman, it was ... helpful to imagine being "forced". Not my decision, not my fault, right? Now, when I use force fem in a story, its mostly to show how horrible the idea is ...

DogSig.png

I've gone on before about the difference between "Forced" and

"Involuntary" feminization, and I have to say; while I have many MANY stories in the latter category I absolutely adore, I've found, at most, two in the former that I liked (that's assuming there's at least one I can't name, and the second being "G11" by Sarah Bayen, which I mostly consider to be more of the latter.) People shouldn't glorify cruelty and evil; in doing so you just give it more power, and that's all that Forced Femme stories are.

Melanie E.

It's all in the execution

I have no problem with involuntary feminization either, but 'forced femme' is so often associated with degradation and humiliation that it makes me nauseous. Not to mention that it often has this not very subtle theme of 'femininity itself is degrading'. So I really liked this story, because that's how that would go down in the real world. Nice and cathartic.

I actually wrote a story with forced femme and set out to subert all the things, because I hate the genre so much *laughs* It involved bondage, a domme, and the involuntary transformation of a closeted crossdresser. It's possible to have all these elements and still have it not be degrading and humiliating, but loving and empowering instead.

Forced Femme's ties to the bondage community are even worse.

While bondage appeals to me about as little as Forced Femme does, the almost universal tie between the two is something I always find bothersome. I have friends who ARE into the bondage scene, and while they admit there are some quite extreme elements out there, often enough it is a far tamer experience than the cruelty you see reflected in stories in the TG community that include it, and I'm sure that's partially due to the Forced Femme element's influence over how bondage is perceived.

Melanie E.

Not that i am an expert

Teresa L.'s picture

but most of the forced fem i have seen have been of the erotic nature, not about transsexuals, but "sissies/cross dresser" etc. in a few the person went on to make a full transition, but most dont seem to go that route.

as others have said, it has its place, problem is keeping the erotic vs straight (no pun intended) fiction separated when people like Amazon lump it all together. when i was first buying tg stories on kindle i wound up with a few erotic stories, and most were ok, but they were usually the free or 99 cent specials.

just as "regular" fiction has various categories and subcategories, tg fiction needs the same "respect" but it is just such a small niche, it must be fought for to get that consideration it seems.

Teresa L.

Teresa L.

Yeah... someone read too many

Yeah... someone read too many sissy stories on fictionmania.

The unholy combination of Forced Femme and Sub-Crossdressing. I mean I understand what's motivating people to write forced femme. Why they want to be forced. I even understand the appeal of bondage. What I really don't understand is how people can stand to spike it with so much utter cruelty and evil.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like this story actually happened in reality. There seems to be a considerable amount of people who get their rocks off on the idea of getting sissyfied and dominated into utter slavedom. Well good for them, but it gets problematic when people actually start to believe that's all there is to TG. Which it really isn't.

Seriously, does anyone here know what's actually going on in that regard? It's been a wave on fictionmania for the last two years or so and I'm honestly wondering who these people are. Are these guy and gals just people who're into BDSM and have some sort of crossdressing/humiliation fetish or is it a genuine transgender group who actually find the outled for their desires that way?

I've been ignoring anything involving sissy!cuckhold!whatevers, but this actually got me thinking a bit. Is it really that bad?

"I choose" not "You should"....

Rhona McCloud's picture

Gender seems to be involuntary but adults choose how they express it; take responsibility for their experiences and have to give the elbow to a lot of frogs before they find their dream.
Yes it does annoy me to waste time finding a story is a sado-masochistic masturbation fantasy but I don't see how authors who write that can be stopped from describing it as TG or, come to that, any other description.

It occurs to me that I reject a lot of the stuff on Amazon as short and therefore a scam but maybe the motivation is not to sell but to be a TROLL...

Rhona McCloud

I'm glad to see people are taking the chance to think about this

And using my story as the spot to discuss it in.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments so far.

The forced femme thing... I know it's just a difference of taste, but it is something I really don't understand. So, I'm going to ask that anyone who stops by and reads this who IS into forced femme, please, post why, if you're willing. I want to know, and I'm willing to listen. Send me a PM if you're afraid of the public backlash for your feelings, but still, I wish I understood.

Melanie E.

Who reads and who buys?

Rhona McCloud's picture

It will be interesting to see if you get a reaction Melanie E. My "Troll" comment was off the cuff but if someone is petitioning Amazon for a separate TG category they could suggest that Amazon look at relative sales. As a business I'm sure action would be prompt if non-selling books were discouraging buying customers.
The comment made that Femdom had taken over Fictomania might then be seen in a different light as possibly an attempt to effectively close a site by flooding it with material that put most users off. That theory might be assessed by the administrators looking at the figures for number of separate readers and time spent on different stories.

Sorry if the suggestion is a bit sombre on a site I and others visit as a respite from a sometimes weird world

Rhona

Rhona McCloud

Mmm..

Kalkin62's picture

Amusing little drabble.

I've never been fond of the fem/dom and/or forced fem stuff either. I usually avoid that stuff like the plague. I guess I'm grateful that that tag at least has a firmly established meaning, and is pretty consistently adhered to by authors.

I tend to prefer magical and/or SF style transformation stories anyway.

Any story where the protagonist is "aggressively encouraged" to be more feminine sticks in my craw. Especially in any story where the transformation is supposed to be unplanned, unintended and (essentially) unwanted. In every major city in the westernized world, there's plethora of gender neutral clothing available for women. It irritates me to no end to see someone who never had a female thought in "his" life suddenly forced into skirts, heels, and makeup by people who are supposed to be on "his" side.

There's nothing wrong with extremely feminine presentation, but it should be the choice of the individual involved.

My recollection is that there was a series of stories (most of which can be found on this site) which centered around a "forced-fem" character who had escaped (with the help of someone who's actually a real friend) and who took revenge on her captors. She then went on to liberate and help all sorts of other people from other stories, people who'd been left by their authors in truly awful places. I'm not sure of the name ... I want to say "Stark" though. I always thought it was an amusing series, because many of the stories that bothered me clearly also bothered the author. I recall she liberates at least one person who'd been trapped in the body of a little girl (by his girlfriend no less) in an Altered Fates story. There's a lot of stuff she can't fix, but she does at least give people back their freedom and help them establish some sort of life. I recall that there's this gradually increased stable of support characters that she's rescued in previous stories in the series.

Yep

Kalkin62's picture

Yep, that's the one, thanks Beyogi

Aggressively encouraged...

Nope, not what I write. RANT ALERT!

Almost all of my stuff is about GID, and I have tried to cover as many variations on that problem as I can. It is the obverse of Femdom, in that the character has a need to transition rather than being compelled: a pull rather than a push.

The one story I wrote that featured 'forced femme' was Sweat and Tears, and the whole point of that story was of a soul, a spirit, a bloody GENDER, staying true and firm despite the full gamut of Femdom treatment starting with castration, passing through hormone 'therapy' and arriving at anal rape. I still stayed true to myself, though, and I offered the reader love, friendship, family, hope, redemption and Bev's favourite word: requital.

I was angry when I wrote it, and it includes scenes far more graphic than I normally write, and implies far worse. Raynor Cunningham with a ball-peen hammer, dear god. I wrote it when I was fed up to the back teeth with yet another story where BDSM meets GID and avoids it at all costs.

Recently, I wrote to a new author, giving them some constructive advice on structure and syntax, and they asked me if I had read the whole of their story. I hadn't, and said so, stating clearly that I don't do that sort of thing. Later, I thought to myself that I had been a little unfair, so I read the whole thing.

Mistake. I do not, with the exception noted above, do forced femme. Nor do I wish to read it. Each to their own, but that isn't mine.

The whole aspect ...

Kalkin62's picture

The whole aspect of forced fem that really gives me the creeps is the castration and hormones thing. The ability to have children is such a fragile thing. Destroying that ability in someone at the very least without their consent and possibly actively against their will is nightmarish horrifying to me.

If someone wants to transition and chooses that, that's fine, it's a personal choice. But doing it against someone's will ... yeesh! Gives me the creeps.

That's part of the reason why I prefer magical and/or SF stories. The transformed person usually ends up as a fully functional member of the opposite gender at least. (That doesn't necessarily make the protagonist feel any better, but it does make me feel better).

One of my all time favorite stories on the site is Swishy's novel: Kate Draffen. In the story, when people push the protagonist to adopt more feminine clothing, s/he pushes back! Eventually, she explores on her own, and reaches her own equilibrium on the subject. Which .. is how I prefer to see the subject handled.

One of the two stories I'm working on has someone who's transformed (magically) against his will, and who ... well ... isn't treated too well after that. But ... the whole point of the story, the whole reason I'm writing it is because I want to explore indomitability, strength of will, despite circumstance. I want to write about someone who rises above the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Someone who remains true to themselves in spite of everything, not someone who knuckles under, who passively accepts what's happened.

Just as some folks are

Brooke Erickson's picture

Just as some folks are actually submissives, or masochists, some folks do want/"need" to be "forced". The trick is keeping in mind that people are different.

And that some stuff really *is* just fantasy.

An overused analogy is the difference between rape fantasies, even acting them out, and *actual* rape.

Also, just because one is a masochist, that doesn't mean you enjoy stubbing your toe. Or getting clobbered without warning when not in the mood.

Being "forced" happens in a lot of contexts other than forced femme. And it's often associated with conditioning that doing some things is *wrong*. So you need "permission" to do them so you won't feel guilty. Or you need to be "forced" or "not in control" so that it's not your fault.

In reality, folks with those hang-ups usually have pretty strict limits on what is acceptable. Often they practically have *scripts*.

Trying to actually force them, especially in ways that don't fit their needs will at a *minimum* result in a pissed off partner as you describe.

At worst, they'll result in anything from serious injuries to serous jail time.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks